[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Forum Game: Movie Quotes

Forum Game: Movie Quotes

Here lies games and other Zen Threads for the USS Zealous

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Forum Game: Movie Quotes

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:46 pm

Here's how this one works:

- answer what movie the quote came from in the latest post
- include your own movie quote in your post

Remember, the quotes have to come from a movie! Made-for-TV movies may be accepted if they have been released on video.

The movies do not have to be from Star Trek.

Try to have the quotes come from only one character in the movie, and do not mention their names.

If everyone is stuck, it's okay for hints to be provided!

Here's one to get us started:

"Peace isn't merely the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice."
Last edited by Zania Jaarda on Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby H M Murdock » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:56 pm

Air Force One

"Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"
Time is a fine storyteller, and history a fond student.
-- Hannibal, "The Big Squeeze"
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:18 pm

Back to the Future (the first one)

"You always said it couldn't happen here... Then one day we woke up and we were living in a Fascist state."
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:48 pm

Mr. Lacroix IMed me, saying he was stuck, so here's a hint for the last quote:

Heard on an vastly popular NBC movie mini-series first aired in 1983
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Marcus Lacroix » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:07 pm

i now know the answer the movie in question is called......V and the character who said the quote was....Michael Donovan(correct me if i'm wrong)

"What I mean, sir, is if you was to put me with this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile from Adolf Hitler... with a clean line of sight... well, pack your bags, boys. War's over."
Marcus Lacroix

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:17 pm

Saving Private Ryan

"If you can build an offense around a guy who throws like Edward Scissorhands, we're going to be playing a hell of alot of defense."
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Marcus Lacroix » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:34 pm

Necessary Roughness

"You look like a bunch of fifth grade sissies after a cat fight! You got anger, that's good you're gonna need it, you got aggression that's even better you're gonna need that, too. But any little two year old child can throw a fit! Football is about controlling that anger, harnessing that aggression into a team effort to achieve perfection!"
Marcus Lacroix

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:49 pm

Remember the Titans

"Toepick."
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby H M Murdock » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:24 pm

The Cutting Edge

"Look, I have ONE job on this lousy ship. It's STUPID, but I'm gonna do it, OKAY?"
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:26 pm

Galaxy Quest

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!"
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Marcus Lacroix » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:52 pm

Ghost Busters

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
Marcus Lacroix

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:26 pm

Tora, Tora, Tora

"'John Wayne'? That's a terrible cowboy name. That's not going to work. And neither is the ponytail."
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Marcus Lacroix » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:55 pm

Shanghai Noon

"I like a sporting event in which I know the outcome ahead of time. It's more organized"
Marcus Lacroix

Postby Jake Sjet » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:58 pm

Sargent Bilko

Three million dollars worth of hardware, and all I want is a lousy can of rain.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Marcus Lacroix » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:23 pm

Lost In Space

"Listen; I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops. But it also means I keep my options open."
Marcus Lacroix

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:27 pm

The Hunt for Red October

"All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible."
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Marcus Lacroix » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:34 pm

Tron

Tell me, who was it you left me for? Was it Laszlo, or were there others in between? Or -- aren't you the kind that tells?
Marcus Lacroix

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:43 pm

Casablanca

"I am not going to sit on my @ss as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it."
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Marcus Lacroix » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:43 pm

(one of my favorite movies) Ferris Bueller's day off

Yeah. I figure if I study high, take the test high, get high scores! Right?
Marcus Lacroix

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:50 pm

How High

"I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... Hello?... hello... hello... Echo... echo... echo... Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon... Manny Mota... Mota... Mota..."
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby H M Murdock » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:21 am

Airplane

"In nature there's always a balance. The world comes in pairs. Yin and Yang. Right and Wrong. Man and Woman. What's pleasure without pain. That sort of thing."
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:24 am

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

"How odd that it should end this way for us after so many stimulating encounters. I almost regret it. Where shall I find a new adversary so close to my own level?"
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:02 am

Indian Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc

"Get out of here now!"
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet