A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Re: A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Postby Foxy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Elspeth turned back to Grace. "Thank you!" she nodded her head in respect.

Grace nodded back. It hadn't gone unnoticed that Elspeth had actually used her name. She'd been starting to think of classing the woman as The Duchess, as she seemed so superior, albeit fallen on hard times... literally.

Briefly, she checked the improvised hot toddy was warming safely. It was just shy of boiling, so she turned it down to a simmer, so she could safely return her attention to Derowen.

From the rear of the vehicle looking forward, it made for a truly awesome sight – the howling maelstrom outside the window and Wen silhouetted against it like the pupil in Sauron's Eye. Intense violets faded into paler hues as the vortex stabilized.

"That.. should.. help.. foot down Quin love... "

Grace braced herself as the expected acceleration kicked in.

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Kris » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:38 pm

All Rika could do was brace herself in the seat she'd suddenly found herself in. Hearing Wen ask Quin to put his foot down meant that there would be quick acceleration and she didn't want to get thrown around. Although, everything they'd just gone through, she had a feeling that she was going to be fine no matter where she was in this vehicle.

Grace was fixing Elspeth's shoulder and keeping an eye on Wen. Wen was doing...whatever it was she was doing to keep them going in the right direction. Quin was doing the driving. It was strange how she still felt out of place. But at the same time, had she not been there, some of them might not be either. Her mind began to linger to what she needed to find out about once they got back; her past, why she had seen the images that she had, why Jack had been so keen on killing her over everyone else.

Shaking her head to clear the thoughts for now, Rika looked out the front window. The first time they'd time traveled it had been pretty much on accident, so she didn't get to see any of this. Now she was watching it as they were traveling through it and it felt strange to know what was happening, though none of the how it was happening.
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:29 pm

The big boy rocked. Wen took a deep breath and braced herself again.

"Nearly there!" She yelled. "I can feel it!"

Ahead of them, almost lost in the violent swirls of the vortex, a change in the colours signalled the end of the ride. Wen began to pant. Her legs shook with the effort of standing there. She ignored the fact that she could feel blood dripping from her nose, and running from her eyes. She blinked, trying to keep her vision clear.

Under Quin's deft handling, and a fair chunk of luck that couldn't be explained, the Big Boy suddenly ripped through the fragile fabric of the outside world, and into a horrendous storm. Rain sheeted down the windscreen, and the wheels spun on soaked gravel. About 200 feet away, the massive stones of Stonehenge seemed to loom through the rain.

TAG - all

Wen screamed "LOOK OUT!" and collapsed, her energy spent.

The Vortex imploded. Thunder and lightning ripped across the sky. Several bolts slammed into the ground around the stones.

They were home. Just about.

TAG - all.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:35 pm

The Vortex imploded. Thunder and lightning ripped across the sky. Several bolts slammed into the ground around the stones.

They were home. Just about.

Realising she was holding her breath, Grace made a conscious effort to breath out again.

"Wiltshire. No matter what year we're in, it's still chucking it down..." she murmured. Checking the temperature of the hot toddy, she nodded approvingly, then found a suitable vessel to decant it into. Approaching Derowen carefully, knowing the woman was still tuned in to... whatever the heck she tuned in to... she let the vapour waft its way towards her.

tag - Wen

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:12 am

Transition completed to somewhere else... and Elspeth was still here. At least she felt like she hadn't moved, although there was a something about her head the felt numb. Grace let out a breath and Elspeth realized she too was holding her breath, as well as squeezing her eyes closed.

Releasing her own breath and opening her eyes she looked around and saw that she was still there... with them. Moving her arms she felt the left shoulder pinch a bit, but it was real and moving. Somehow she felt disconnected, here but not here, but then the smell of the warmed alcohol wafted past her nose and her mouth watered.

"Nice." she said in appreciation of Graces efforts. "Any chance there will be extra after she has hers?" Then she looked at Derowen and winced. "On second thought, she obviously needs it more."

Glancing around to the others she spied the driver, who was apparently doing better then Derowen, but not by much. Moving carefully she tried to get closer to him to make sure he was going to be ok too as he expertly drove them on.

"You ok sweetie?" Elspeth spoke quietly hoping not to startle the man as he concentrated. He looked almost as bad as Derowen.

TAG Quin
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'
- G'kar and Sheridan, The Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles

Yahoo= LrShadow
=============================

Ranger Zed McCann - X Trinidad Station (R.I.P.)

Nathan Scott - Torchwood 10
LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Quin » Thu May 01, 2014 6:04 pm

"Me"? Quin asked. He was genuinely surprised by the softly spoken question and the concern in the voice. "I'm indestructible." He allowed himself a smile. "Been shot, bitten by weevils, all kinds of nasty but still going."

He sighed just a little, a quiet resigned sigh. "Between you and me," Quin continued. "I think once this is over I'm going to crash. Not in a vehicular way but in a mental and physical way." The strain was beginning to show in his voice now and the effort of driving was also beginning to show in the whitened knuckles on the wheel.

He allowed himself to turn briefly and smile at Elspeth. "Thank you for asking"
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby LrShadow » Fri May 02, 2014 8:44 am

"Me"? Quin asked. He was genuinely surprised by the softly spoken question and the concern in the voice. "I'm indestructible." He allowed himself a smile. "Been shot, bitten by weevils, all kinds of nasty but still going."

He sighed just a little, a quiet resigned sigh. "Between you and me," Quin continued. "I think once this is over I'm going to crash. Not in a vehicular way but in a mental and physical way." The strain was beginning to show in his voice now and the effort of driving was also beginning to show in the whitened knuckles on the wheel.

He allowed himself to turn briefly and smile at Elspeth. "Thank you for asking"

Her eyes looked into his, the dark wells of their center, and she searched. Slipping out off the pools she traced the minute lines around his eyes and finally flowed around his face, searching as she had so many others for truth and lies.

"You are welcome." she nodded, meaning it. "If there is anything I can do, let me know. I am happy help." Reaching out she lightly touched his shoulder and gave it a little squeeze, she also felt the heat rolling off him and wondered if he had even noticed it. She allowed a little of the concern she was feeling to show on her face, but didn't want to alarm him.

Turning around she surveyed the others. The situation appeared to be well in hand and none of them were in any immediate danger. Why she cared she was not sure even as the thought crossed her mind that she did. She let out a heavy sigh.
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Kris » Mon May 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Rika stood as the vortex collapsed and looked out of the window. Granted, it didn't look too different, but a feeling deep inside her told her that they were home. Both Wen and Quin looked exhausted, and Grace seemed to be tending to Wen first. As for Elspeth, she was speaking with Quin to make sure that he was okay (at least, that's what she thought they were speaking about.)

With everyone else doing something, she came up with an idea. "Quin, if you're wanting some rest, I can take over driving and probably get us back. I'm pretty sure I know the way to get us there. You look like you could use the rest anyway."

And then she thought of something else. "Of course, if you don't want to give up driving the big boy, I'd understand. Seems you've got a big attachment to it."

Tags
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Quin » Tue May 06, 2014 3:02 pm

"Don't worry," Quin replied to Elspeth's unspoken question. "The shard is keeping me going." He didn't explain further time for explanations later once he was sure they were home and safe.

(Rika)With everyone else doing something, she came up with an idea. "Quin, if you're wanting some rest, I can take over driving and probably get us back. I'm pretty sure I know the way to get us there. You look like you could use the rest anyway."

And then she thought of something else. "Of course, if you don't want to give up driving the big boy, I'd understand. Seems you've got a big attachment to it."

It was a sure and certain indicator of Quin's exhausted state that he made no comment about women drivers.

"Thanks Rika," he replied, "but no thanks, I'm seeing this one through." He smiled tiredly to take any sting out of the words.

"I'll give you a chance at driving the Big Boy next time, it practically drives itself under normal conditions."

Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Sun May 11, 2014 2:31 am

The drive out of Wiltshire, through the countryside and back to the relative safety of the city was long and quiet.

Wen took the cup that Grace had offered, eventually. For about 30 minutes she just lay on the floor refusing to move. She would have happily gone to sleep there had it not been for an abrupt turn around a roundabout caused by a group of students in an ancient astra. Quin deftly avoided them, but the move jarred Wen awake long enough to realize that she was freezing.

The team got her in the shower, warmed through more or less, and wrapped in a large blanket that was stored in one of the cubbies in the vehicle. Mobile hub.. and sleeping accommodation when necessary.

For the rest of the journey, she stared out of a window, not speaking to anyone.

(TAG)

By the time they pulled into the nearest Torchwood parking to their own (big enough to accommodate the Big Boy), night had tucked the city beneath a blanket of darkness. Quin turned off the engine of the Big Boy, and silence so loud that it was almost too loud got in the way of talking. Wen blinked slowly and turned her head.

"Are we there yet?" she whispered. "I.. need to get to the stone."

TAGs

((Sorry folks, want to move us back home. You may have noticed some new faces around the edge of the forum, and I want to get them involved as soon as possible!))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Wed May 14, 2014 1:19 pm

[quote="Tavey"]The drive out of Wiltshire, through the countryside and back to the relative safety of the city was long and quiet.

Wen took the cup that Grace had offered, eventually. For about 30 minutes she just lay on the floor refusing to move. She would have happily gone to sleep there had it not been for an abrupt turn around a roundabout caused by a group of students in an ancient astra. Quin deftly avoided them, but the move jarred Wen awake long enough to realize that she was freezing.

The team got her in the shower, warmed through more or less, and wrapped in a large blanket that was stored in one of the cubbies in the vehicle. Mobile hub.. and sleeping accommodation when necessary.

For the rest of the journey, she stared out of a window, not speaking to anyone.

(TAG)

By the time they pulled into the nearest Torchwood parking to their own (big enough to accommodate the Big Boy), night had tucked the city beneath a blanket of darkness. Quin turned off the engine of the Big Boy, and silence so loud that it was almost too loud got in the way of talking. Wen blinked slowly and turned her head.

"Are we there yet?" she whispered. "I.. need to get to the stone."

Quin looked away from the view through the windscreen. It seemed like a lifetime since he'd seen anything but the vortex they'd travelled through and then the road in front of him.

"We're there," he said. "Not sure when but where seems to be OK."

He was deathly tired and could barely summon up the energy to leave the driving seat. He managed to stand, a little shaky but upright.

"I am going to sleep for a week," he muttered before his legs gave way and he sat down on the floor of the Big Boy. There was only one thing to do, Quin burst out laughing, feeble laughter, but genuine.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Kris » Sun May 18, 2014 4:37 pm

As the big boy stopped and everyone seemed to just sit from exhaustion, Rika did the same, taking up a place in an empty seat. She'd been running on mostly adrenaline since this whole thing started and finally was realizing how tired she really was. Not only did her body ache from everything that it had gone through, her mind ached from trying to remember everything they had just done. It probably wasn't worth the brain power to think back on it right now, and instead she took to looking outside a bit.

Though the 'when' they were was a pretty big question, it didn't matter. As long as they were out of as much harms way that they could be, now was the time to attempt a bit of relaxation. Another part of her was yelling at her for avoiding any type of food and pretty much any drink for who knew how long. Yes, they'd been given some things before they'd left the past, but that didn't mean she'd touched any of it.

Figuring she'd probably better do something before she fell asleep, she looked among the others, then jumped a bit as Quin started laughing. It was actually a good thing, in her mind, that he was doing that. Everything had been so tense that there were ways that they all needed to let things out in their own way.

"Anyone need anything at all," she asked through the laughing. They were all more exhausted than she was, and she wanted to help them out.

Tags: all
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby LrShadow » Tue May 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Elspeth felt oddly detached the whole trip, so many things going through her mind she was not even sure she was awake. Then the city started going by and some of it felt familiar, at the same time oddly alien too. She watched as... Quin, she forced her mind to put a name to him, expertly navigated the streets and yet seemed like he was running on autopilot. No accidents occured, at least to them, so she didn't worry after the first five to ten minutes.

Then they pulled into the parking lot of TW HQ... without the tall spire of a building that overlooked, and controlled, the city of her second birth. It was weird and at the same time... promising. As soon as the thoughts crossed her mind, "And it's a shame I will not get to stay..." she whispered.

The laughter brought her back to reality, or at least this reality. She smiled as she saw the others moving in slow motion and something clicked inside her.

"All right, no rest of the wicked. Everyone grab your gear and lets get inside. Then we can rest." her boss mode came out as she started issuing orders and making sure things were in order. Elspeth brushed herself off and stood to her full height, seeming and feeling taller then she was, her energy oozed out of her as she strongly, but politely managed them as if they were her favorite office employees.

TAG all

Walking confidently forward to the entrance Elspeth never noticed the air swirling a bit around her as she got closer. Instead she was watching the others, making sure they were all right and moving in a steady, if not hurried, fashion.

"We can rest when we are all inside, safe and sound. At least I assume we will be safe and sound." she raised an eyebrow to Derowen and Grace as she reached the door. Elspeth never saw it coming... she stepped over the threshold as a hurricane like wind punched her in the stomach breaking 3 ribs and puncturing her lung. Her already sore arm was once again dislocated as she was spun around several times before being pinned to the ceiling. Pain exploded through her brain bringing out the most beautiful set of stars Elspeth had ever witnessed, and she had seen quite a few. She didn't even have the breath to scream..... before all was black.

TAG all

OOC: I assume we still have our guardian of the base?
:)

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Thu May 22, 2014 1:24 pm

((OOC - we sure do!))

Derowen couldn't help but feel that she'd forgotten something, but kept brushing the niggling thought to one side in her need to get to the stone.

It was a mistake to do so.

The team stumbled into the Hub proper. Brock got up from the chair where he'd been sitting, with a broad smile on his face. "Now can I talk about it?" He demanded a moment before the body of Elspeth went spinning into the air. "ANTEROS! NO!" He yelled, more or less at the same time that Derowen screamed "Loco Suus Down!"

Wen scrambled towards Elspeth, holding her hands out in front of her. "Anteros! Amicus.. Elspeth is Amicus!"

Brock glanced at Wen, fury etched on his face. "There is no excuse for this Derowen MacFie!" He roared into the whistling wind. "None! You know what he'll do if you don't take care of business ahead of time!"

Derowen ignored him. She let the blanket draped around her to slip to the ground, and unconcerned about what skin was or wasn't showing, sprinted to Anteros. She slipped on the floor, landing heavily. But was up on her feet again a second later, still moving.

Finally she stood in the middle of the swirling wind, and her arms cupped around an invisible being. "Anteros.. safe. I'm safe.." she soothed. "She's a friend. Amicus."

She stood with the spirit, desperate to get to the stone to deal with the overload of energy, which was also feeding back into the spirit somehow. But for the moment, stopping him from ripping her team to shreds was more important. She closed her eyed, and took as much of his energy through the sword as she could manage, trying to stop it bleeding through to Quin.

Brock began to snap orders at the others, organizing them to get Elspeth to medical so he could get her stabilized and start some of the healing. He was grateful that Nathan had left behind enough of his magical patches to help the worst of the bruising. And also grateful that they had access to some other goodies that would heal the broken bones he'd heard snap. As for Derowen.. he'd deal with her later.

TAG - all

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue May 27, 2014 3:23 am

Several hours later.

Brock slowly looked around the room. It had been a little crazy. Anteros had been one gust of wind away from shredding the girl. Wen had used up more energy than she had containing the little monster, and she was suffering for it now. But they were home. All of them. Well.. nearly all of them. He figured he'd get the information when she was ready to let him know.

The tall, handsome black man considered the rest of the evening. Quin looked as pale as Wen, which meant he was on the last thread of stamina. Rika had been patched up a couple of times, but would be fine. Grace was.. well.. Grace was fine in his opinion, and always had been. Strange coloured hair and all. As for the other two?

One newcomer, now ensconced in a room somewhere on the second level. Fully patched up and would heal soon enough. One battered leader, wrapped around a crystal in a room at the far, far end of a very private hallway. Probably sobbing, but at least in one piece. The rest were exhausted, starving, and ready to ignore the world for a few weeks.

He ran a hand over his head, smiling. He'd waited for years to collect on a promise given on a stormy day at Stonehenge. Let the girl rest, then see if she still wanted to go for a drink. In the meantime.. rest for them all.

Brock set the locks on the main doors, and settled back into his chair. He watched over the hub, as he had always done. Brock was on duty.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Previous

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes