Silence is Golden

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Silence is Golden

Postby Tavey » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:12 pm

The tiny planet seemed to glow in the light of it’s nearby sun. Far enough away from the main shipping lanes to be unobtrusive, its very existence was unknown. According to all official records, it was a failure as a terraform. Just like the rest of the family orbiting this sun, it was hidden in layers of red tape and obscure files.

The Authorities did not want anyone to know there were failures after all. Miranda had shown that truth only too clearly.

The planet had been finally used as a training area and living space by one Samuel Armstrong, otherwise known as Late Twin Brother of Saul Armstrong. And the only thing that he left Saul in his will. Everything else was directed to be destroyed. The moment Saul had read the letter, he knew that this was where he had to take his poor damaged daughter. A place she called home.

“Look after our daughter Saul. She needs this place in a way you may understand. There is a house for her there and a family with someone she has known as a Mother for many years. She can just live when there. They all understand her. For know this, I do not hate you. You are the other half of our split soul. This is my offer to you with my death. Find your peace there.”

The planet was lush in an English rolling hills kind of way from Earth-That-Was. Plentiful rainfall combined with a warm climate created a world that was green and alive with creatures and crops. The settlers that had been brought here were hard working and unaware of any secrets that may still exist away from their fields and homes.

There were a few elite estates scattered around the world. However they were few and over time had become more or less uninhabited. There were no cities, no roads. The folk of the planet grew and raised what they needed to live upon. Traded occasionally with the few ships that did land. They had one crop that was prized when available. One thing that kept the planet solvent.

Apples. Not just any apple. But ones that were rich with flavour and scent. Heavy rounded ones that were traded at immense prices when they were available. And this was also part of the legacy Samuel left his brother. The means to never have to work again.

Spread over about half of the planet a network of small villages survive in a simple pattern of life. One of these, Marsh Barton, was the location that The Monarch had been given permission to land.

The buildings and homes of Marsh Barton could have been taken from picture cards of old earth-that-was. Nestled into a valley, dark yellow stone that had been quarried from elsewhere on the planet had been formed into small squat buildings with equally small gardens around them. The village surrounded a rough square, used for festivals and market day.

The Monarch settled onto a flat area close to the village. Almost immediately a group of giggling kids and smiling adults gathered nearby to welcome the crew. One woman, in particular stepped to the fore of the group, a hope filled look upon her face. Johanna had been the one to raise a small girl. The one who had soothed Selene’s tears when she cried for her mother and father. And the one who had waited for far too long to see her again.

Kynthia pressed the buttons to lower the ramp. A cloud of dust puffed up into the air around the end of it when it touched the earth. Stepping out into the sun, she raised a hand over her eyes and walked forward to the group waiting for them.

She bowed slightly as she neared. “I’m Kynthia. This is The Monarch. Were you expecting us?” she asked of them all in general.

One of the men took the necessary few steps to her, holding his hand to her in greeting. The sun picked up the odd grey highlight in his dark brown hair, the creases around his eyes speaking of much laughter during his years.

“Welcome to Marsh Barton.” He said. “I am Thomas. We have been expecting you for a while now. Come, come and rest.”

“I have wounded onboard.” Kynthia said, bluntly. “I don’t mean to be rude or nothin’ but they got to get help first. We’ll pay.” Thomas shook his head but gestured for some of the villagers to head into the ship to see where they could help.

TAG - on the ship.. jump on in (if you can)

“An’ where are we?” she asked.

“Marsh Barton.” he replied, looking a bit quizzical at her question.” “What planet or moon I mean.” Kynthia smiled up at the taller man. “Where are we?”

Understanding dawned on Thomas’s face. With another deep smile that lit his brown eyes, he answered her real question.

“Welcome to Silence.”

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Silence is Golden

Postby Galifestus » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:52 am

The thing about orchards, see, is that they always need hands in the harvest season, and the fruit had been heavy and sweet for the past few weeks. A little credit could even be earned by someone small and puny, if they had the dexterity to clambor up a tree and pick the best of the apples there, leaving the unripe and over ripe to grow or fall as they may. It was the one thing even the cleverest machine couldn't quite do right where a little boy could.

But Bug forgot all about it when he heard the sound. The boom and ruble of a ship or aircraft in the upper atmosphere. Looking up he could see the contrails of something flying high up, and he could see the trails change direction as it manuvered. The nearest common set down was Marsh Barton, some ten kilometers away overland. Fortunately the marsh of the village's name were on the other side of the settlement. The small boy got out of the tree, jumping down the last couple meters and rolling up to his feet.

As he ran through the trunks to the nearest of the cart tracks heading to Marsh Barton, he kept glancing up through the green leaves. Only when he made it to the trail did he finally get a real look at the descending ship. It didn't look military, he thought. More like a civilian transport, from what he knew about such things. It looked, in fact, like a duck with stubby barrels for wings. The thought made him grin as he puffed, galloping along at a full run.

He'd forgotten all about the two kilos of fresh fruit bumping along in the picker's sack at his side.

There was a shout behind him, "Hey, Bug, where are you going? We're still working here!"

He stopped, not yet panting for breath, and yelled, "A ship! I gotta go, Jim!"

"Boss ain't gonna like you takin his bag and them apples, Bug," Jim warned.

The boy only then noticed the bag. It was a moment only before the bag hung on a convenient branch. "Tell Boss I'll get my time later. That's if I don't rise when that shhip does. See ya Jim."

The picker waved to the boy and the boy waved back before he tore off at a dead run. The ship wasn't visible to him any more, but it could have only landed at Marsh Barton from how it was going when he'd last seen it. As he raced along, he calculated and cogitated and figured how long it would take to unload its goods and load up on fruit. A couple good men on lifter mules and a half dozen or so good packers could be assumed, and so assuming he had about an hour to make it there. At another nine kilometers, he knew he could make it in good time. He ran.

~tagsies
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Four of the villagers entered the ship immediately upon hearing that there were injured inside. They took one look at Nakali and their faces darkened with some kind of internal knowledge and temper.

Gently, one of them came towards Ameri,noting the habit she was wearing. Alice Walker had seen that kind of closed panic before from members of the cult over on the big planet. She didn't like seeing that internal strife on anyone, least of all someone who needed some help.

"Miss." She said quietly. "Let me help. I have medical training." she smiled warmly. "Looks like you need someone to salve that back of yours. I've got the perfect thing to make you heal up nice."

TAG - Ameri

Two of them headed straight for the tub containing Nakali. Jordan and Conor Walker both knelt beside him, checking his vital signs and examining him with practised moves.

"Ain't worth the movin' yet." commented Conor, pushing his unruly sandy hair to one side. His blue eyes peered carefully at the blisters and ridged skin. "Gettin' him into this probably done saved his life though."

"Agreed. Mother'll have somethin' to help with the skin. Looks like he needs to get the infection taken care of though. Seems to be fightin' something. Look at the spasm." Replied his brother.

TAG - who wants to be in the cargo hold with Nakali?

The last headed for the Infirmary, ducking through the hallways as if he knew exactly where to go. Robert Jacobs stopped at Sam and Jandie, kneeling beside them both. First he murmured quietly about checking them both. Letting them know he was there was important. Most folk of a certain age tended to be a mite edgy coming out of sleep suddenly and he liked his life just where is was. In him.

He touched each of their wrists gently to let their bodies know he was there.

TAG - Sam
TAG - Jandie

Quickly he made sure they were comfortable and easy. The dehydration for both of them was being taken care of. He shook his head slightly. The crews of these tiny ships were resiliant folk.

"Who're you?" asked a man behind him. Robert spun around and stopped in shock. "sir..." He said. "We'd heard you were dead." Then he peered. Maverick just waited, raising an eyebrow.

"Wait. You're not him. You must be the Brother." Maverick nodded.

"That's right. Heard there was a home here waiting for me an my girl." He said. "Got some boys with strong backs to take my belongings off the ship?"

After making sure that Sam and Jandie were both still settled, and making a mental note to send one of the Walkers in, Robert lead the way towards the cargo hold. He couldn't believe it. One of the Armstrongs was coming home after all.

As soon as he left the ship, stepping off and onto the field, a hush rippled through the crowd. People glanced at each other with shock. Thomas stopped smiling at Kynthia and turned to Saul.

"Sir. Welcome home." he said. Then he too peered closer. His eyes narrowing. "You're Saul." he stated. "The Brother."

"You're goin' to hate hearin' that one right quick." muttered Kynthia.

Within minutes, Saul and Selene's bags were being retrieved from the cabin and cargo hold where they had been waiting. Kynthia knew that she would be able to get help to move her stuff into the Captain's cabin. She'd find some helpful kid here or there to get the place clean.

Between the villagers helping the injured and the villagers helping Maverick move on, she couldnt help vut decide to go and find Lu. She felt as though she wasn't needed at all in the flurry of activity.

"Hey Lu. Break out a bottle. Let's sit here in the sun an' get us a bit of numb for a while." She called into the darkness of the ship. Lu needed to not sit staring out of the window or in her cabin. In fact, Kynthia thought she might move who slept where around. Give Lu the peace not to be in the same place she had shared with Chris.

TAG - LU

(OOC - If I missed you. jump in anyway! Feel free to make up villagers as you want. Warm friendly folk.)

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:31 pm

((Wrote this while Tavey was writing hers so...it may seem a bit off))

After landing the ship, Lu locked a few of the controls up and went down to meet up with the rest, and to see what she could do to help. She hadn't seen Ameri yet, nor anyone else really besides Kynthia and then her own bed. Stopping near the infirmary, she saw people tending to their wounded. With a small sigh, she saw Ameri for the first time in what seemed like forever. As nice as it was to see her, Lucille couldn't look at her for long. Frankly, she couldn't look at anyone who was wounded for long; it brought back to many memories.

Walking towards the others and the open door, it would be nice to get herself some fresh air. She wasn't even sure what planet they were on, she hadn't really been paying much attention, she was just doing her job right now. Her mind still wasn't fully there, it would be though once she had a chance to let things fully sink in and that meant that she wasn't trying to fly the ship.

Standing near the open door, she heard the conversation between Kynthia and the other man. "Welcome to Silence he had said, and she raised an eyebrow but just stood there taking in the scenery. Then she heard what Kynthia said and smirked, "Sounds like a plan to me, I think I need it." She ran off to her room and dug into her older and much stronger bottles, coming back over to the area and smiled at her. "Strong stuff, but I think we may need it."

Tags
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:07 pm

**OOC - Selene used with the express permission by Tavey**

Shu shi.

Selene’s face beamed as she took each step off the Monarch, saddened only slightly by the change but her heart was so light it could soar. The sky was a brilliant blue, something she could never remember seeing before or since she left Silence.

There had to be someone in the crowd, someone who knew that they were coming. And a head, familiar in its tilt and warm feelings spun around to lock eyes with the young girl leaving the boat. Skipping down the ramp towards the lady waiting, Selene almost launched herself excitedly at her.

“Muquin!” she cried, arms thrown around her neck in joy, “I have missed you.”

Johanna accepted the hug and greeting from her dearest nu-er and welcomed her home. “Qingren,” she said, wrapping the young girl in her arms, “Look how you’ve grown.” Pulling back and away, difficult though it was, she took a long look at her, eyes tearing in misty joy.

Selene was having none of it and wrapped the lady close once more, burying face in the curls of her hair, smelling the earthy freshness of life here. “You been baking pies again, muquin?” Her face lit up with the memory of this place and she greeted everyone with a familiarity that twisted the hearts of those watching. She had somehow seemed out of place on board, but fit here very well. Hand slipped into Johanna’s, they walked and skipped their way home, hands picking up baggage and following behind as Selene’s laughter and pure sounds of joy tripped lightly back to the group on the Ramp.

The final sigh of a young girl whose life had been upended and overturned since she left, suddenly appeared to be just that, a young girl. And her voice raised in pure, unadulterated joy, “Oh, muquin! I’m shu shi!”

~Tag Any
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:10 pm

**OOC - !Backpost alert! Soliloquy (of a sort) between Tarra and the man in her head Fake Nakali, thanks Sjet (I think)**

She mused aloud in the empty Bay, slight sloshing sound from the tub as the movement of the Monarch, unfelt by her body was discernable by the lapping water against the sides. "Nakali," she began, thinking aloud and imagining him listening to her patiently as she spoke, "I was wondering if I could ask you about a specific thing I'm having difficulty with..."

"If it’s about your mopping, then yeah I gotta agree on that." Nakali said, holding up a small white board with the number 5 on it "You lose points for the style if not conviction, if you don’t buck it up a notch you’ll have to settle for bronze."

He sat on the edge of the tub, his slightly tanned skin glistening wetly, the score board heading back into the water as he leant forward against crossed legs. This was an important feature, for Nakali was appearing to Tarra much in the same way he was in the bath tub.

Without sin, and without clothes.

She turned from him for half a moment, realizing that she really shouldn't be imagining anything QUITE that vividly, but hey, it was her head. And she hoped that his imagined words of wisdom would alleviate her concerns. She had read somewhere that if one was afraid of speaking in front of large groups, that picturing the audience in their underwear would help. But, Tarra thought, THIS might be going a little too far.

"No, actually, it's not about mopping," she tried to keep eyes averted and voice low. After all, she WAS talking to herself and she must have had a longer day than she thought.

"Ahh well then..." he said and rolled a hand missively in the air, leaning his head forward, "...You’re gonna have to throw me a few leading questions, after all, I am just the loose wiring in your head sputtering and sparking here."

"Well, if you're in my head..." she began, but realized that it was necessary to lay out her thoughts, her plans and her complete argument in order to best appeal to his thought process and settled into the conversation.

“I have a friend who has done something that has possibly severed the ties of a budding friendship, and she’s heartsick about it.”

The fake Nakali looked over his shoulder and into the tub, down at the real Nakali resting there as peacefully as he could. The fake winced, running a hand over his cheek.

"Budding or bubbling...." he breathed slowly before shaking his head "Well you have two courses of action open to you. One you can come out with the truth, a la Watergate and hope for the best....or keep your lips sealed and act like nothing’s gone wrong."

“Hm,” Tarra considered, leaning on the mop and took a deep breath. “Pros and cons of each, I think.” Trying to ignore her own distraction she tried to mentally put some shorts on him or something and felt a little better about approaching the tub. “If I lie…”

She used the mop as a stable leaning post, and thought, "I am SO not good at that sort of thing." Shaking her head she said, "No good at cards, I believe that's called bluffing."

She screwed up her mouth and said, "He'd see right through THAT ploy, don't you think?"

"I think he, and by he I mean me and by me and I mean the mental picture of 'him' that you have..." he paused a moment, looking thoughtful, "A mental picture lacking in the clothes department, interesting digression, but back to the main point: he'd see through you like the wrong side of a one way mirror."

"And," he continued, "By hiding that fact from him will push him further away. Remember he's been hiding this away from the world for a long time now. Guy’s gonna have a baggage train a few miles long."

"It’s like the great thinkers of Earth That Was said: You’re damned if you do, and doubly damned if you don't."

She nodded mutely for a moment and said, "Tell me something I DON'T know." And then realized that he in fact couldn't. "And why the hell would it matter if I DID push him, um you, away... I mean honestly, he practically hates me already." She sighed, concerned that he was still undressed but she was fast coming to the conclusion that she either had no real imagination for clothing, or something else entirely was going on. And that was something she would deal with perhaps later, if ever.

“I simply can’t lie.” Tarra felt it in her gut. “Which leaves, truth.” She considered it a moment and said, “I can't take it back... any of it." She leaned on the mop handle and felt a sliver prick into her skin. "And now, I wish I could." But did she?

"And if wishes were horses, we'd be at the race track makin' money honey." he shrugged, leaning back over the tub. "But we sure as heck ain't...but answer me this? Why are you taking such an interest in hard boiled and crispy? Yup, he fooled you, played you as well as he could, and yet you’re the one nurse maiding him...I don't see Ky or Lu, heck even Sol, down here mopping his brow and worrying over his greying hairs."

He pointed a finger at her.

"You’re making all the choices, and moaning about them. You want the honest opinion? Tell him, and start being honest with the world by being honest with yourself." He shook his head "Stop looking for an excuse to do something else and pick a door already. You'll still have the regrets, but you'll have the knowledge you knew what you were doing at the time."

“Bizui.” Tarra hit a part she was unwilling to acknowledge. Honest. With herself. About what precisely? About Serena, about what she was thinking or feeling... “You sishengzi.” Her jaw worked, anger rising and heart beat rising in concert with it. She chose to NOT answer those questions she would never think of. Doesn't any decent person want to help someone in need?

Instead she turned to her anger and defended her choice: “The original intent was NOT to be searching information about him AT ALL.” She turned an angry eye at Fake Nakali. “I would like to remind you that HE,” she thumbed over into the tub, “asked ME,” she pushed her thumb back at herself, “to take care of things in case he died.”

It hit her that he must have had some respect or consideration for her to leave her with that responsibility. What had he seen in her that might have thought it would be safe with her?

But in her desire to get things together in case of... well really, in her mind, the unthinkable, that she went to make sure that everything was ready. And found things in disarray.

"It damn well wasn't on purpose."

"And yet," he smiled sweetly, spreading his arms "Here you are."

"Xiancho," she said. "So, exactly WHAT point are you trying to make me see?" She looked between Fake Naked Nakali and live Naked Nakali. "Perhaps I'm looking at this all wrong." She considered something else, and slid the mop and bucket across the floor to its place in the corner. She couldn't get over how vivid her imagination was, three-dimensional and in colour.

"Is there a reason you're not wearing clothes? I mean honestly, that's a mite..." Eek. "Distracting." Well that was BAD. VERY BAD indeed.

She turned away from him and said, "So I should lie then."

"But if you lie, he'll see through you and hate you for it." Fake Nakali nodded. "And I agree, very distracting but whose figment am I?"

He looked over into the tub. "Am I yours, sweetie....what? You think Tarra's a nut shy of a star ship too? ...Really...boy, we have so much in common."

"I've already told you what I think." Nakali's voice muttered to her back. "Start accepting that you control what you do, and as you’ve already fallen into the Xiancho of this guy's life...you either walk through it or wash it away."

"Never forgive me." Her voice was quiet, considering. And was he really saying that Nakali...? 'Naaah,' she thought. 'He wouldn't talk to me quite that way, or show up naked... would he?'

"I'll suck it up." She nodded, realizing that she had already made that decision the moment she didn't put his stuff away. SHE had fished for more information, SHE had made the decision to sit there amongst his things and SHE had made the decision to press 'Play'.

"I just don't know how the hell to tell him."

She considered, "Flippant, it's like discounting his life, and serious, well gorram it, I am NOT going to cry again." Her eyes rolled up in disdain. "Sick of it."

And how to start...

"Try with, 'You idiot'." Nakali ventured.

She laughed. "True..." she thought about the choice he made. "Who in their right mind could walk in where Angels feared to tread, amidst the death and destruction and expect to come out unscathed?"

Damn it, SHE saw it coming long before he had. Must have been those damn sand ticks.

Cocky SOB.

"Like, what possessed you? What were you thinking?" She almost leaned into the figment's face, accusing him of making his own life. Hm, she considered. She knew EXACTLY what he had been thinking. Like she was there right along with him.

"What’s the point of asking for help..." he said slowly, brow furrowing "If no one’s there to answer it?"

Fenbian. That mugou in the crate. She was WAITING for someone... She was placed there to do exactly what she had done. She was a trap. Artistically arranged, strategically chosen and appealing to the unsuspecting and trusting.

She was poison... she infected him... and for almost 10 years he suffered for the one error in judgement he made as a young, foolish, idealistic, idiotic...

God she felt awful for him. She understood. All too well. And damn it, she closed her eyes considering things, "Where the hell does Ameri fit into it all?" She had one question that sat in her brain and knew that Fake Nakali couldn't answer it.

"Why the hell did he follow Sam and I to try to get on board the Monarch?"

"He wanted to go to Leviathan." Fake Nakali mused. "He literally went to amazing lengths to procure something from that place...so I'd imagine a number of answers would be on the flexi he broiled himself to safeguard."

“Which was ALSO idiotic.” She looked at Fake Nakali, sitting on the edge. “I mean honestly, LOOK at him!” She threw her hand at the tub, voice rising slightly, angry and upset and all manner of shi kunghao. “I mean REALLY, what if he had DIED?”

She pushed her hand through her hair, running it over her forehead as she considered the consequences and stilled the tears threatening to fall. She remembered the arm curved around her shoulder before they headed down to Leviathan; dismissing it as nothing more than a friendly gesture that was yet another ploy. But wasn't that a bit presumptuous that he even had the mind to think of anyone outside of his own focus? She liked him well enough, she supposed, but there was no real point in thinking any further on that point.

She walked and talked to Nakali's bunk, and went to retrieve the flexi as Fake Nakali, Tarra’s picture of Nakali, maybe a reflection of Nakali… wow, this was getting confusing… had suggested. By the time she had figured it out, she was back in the bay, standing once again by the tub. And fake naked Nakali was still there. Oh, either Tarra was seriously insane, she was going to the special kind of hell, or he really WAS someone else's figment...

“What if I hadn’t come across him here in the Bay? He’d be COMPLETELY cooked Nakali.” Her voice caught in her throat for a moment and stopped that train of thought right there. “He’s already what, hard-boiled and crispy?"

"And him asking for potatoes and such and not even expecting to come back…” Tarra muttered.

She was pissed off. She wanted to hit him, to shake him, to kill him…

Then she wouldn’t have this dilemma, wouldn’t have to worry about him or his damn issues, wouldn’t have to answer the questions he… she… kept asking about. “So,” she said, closing her eyes again and opening them, trying so damn hard NOT to look… Just STOP it.

“I’ll tell him, explain it to him. I can't lie to him, and not just because he could tell. It's just not fair." Her face screwed into a pained look and settled down to a calmer expression. She looked into the face of fake Nakali, and sat down, holding the flimsy. "Why, damn it?” She imagined looking into Nakali's face, the one that was red, burned and peeling and wanted to see his eyes open, watch them sparkle in greeting and say in a joking tone, ‘Fooled you!’

Exasperated, she asked rhetorically, "Why do I care at all about any of this?"

“It could be you’re worried just how much more stress this less than handsome mug can take.” The fake replied, slowly beginning to fade until he held all the substance of a reflection in plate glass. Apart from the smile, that was still there in its smarmy brilliance.

“Or...possibly...” the grin now was the only thing left of him, floating in midair, the very picture of the Cheshire cat for our star ward Alice “...Other things are on your mind when you imagine him?”

Ta-ta for now...

Well, THAT was a hell of a thing to leave her with - a lot of her mind to chew on. And she took a brief look at the IV, still filled and draining slowly, and turned her back to him, reluctant to consider the implications of her imaginings. Taking a deep breath, she looked at the flimsy before her and reviewed its contents alone. More questions than answers, but those would have to wait until he awoke, IF he intended on ever speaking with her again after they spoke. Or perhaps the only sound that she would hear would be the spitting hiss of that dragon as the two crystal shards ripped through her chest before she hit the floor...

Tarra settled in and was ready to sit up, watching for the night, knowing that whatever the reason she stayed to watch over him, that she had made that decision. She almost thought that stubbornly at the imaginary Nakali who no longer hovered in view. But honesty? Well, if she had actually considered how she felt, then, she figured she must at least like him. A little. And that bit of insight was provided grudgingly, and only because that damn sishengzi's image wasn't there...

~Tag Anyone... EXCEPTING Fake Nakali. We've simply have enough of him for now, don't you think? Show of hands?
USS Legacy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:02 pm

Tarragon Hunter sat against the tub, almost hidden from view as she checked the IV levels once more and swapped out the bag. She stretched her neck, arms and back in a slow, steady reach; muscles crackling and bones creaking from the release of strain. Nakali, despite her mid-evening hallucination, passed a tense night, but was still breathing.

As she felt the ship land, a wave of relief washed over her. And she watched Kynthia cross through the Cargo Bay to punch the ramp to open up the doors. An earthy smell reached up and into the Bay, sweeping over her and causing her mouth to open in a yawn, more for an increased input of oxygen than to express exhaustion. Hussle and bustle of moving and crating, off-loading and such with the Captain, um FORMER Captain, and his daughter. Had she dozed off?

When she opened her eyes, there were people on the ship spreading through the bay and on into the belly of the Monarch. Tarra was a bit confused until she saw two break off from the group and approach.

Two of them headed straight for the tub containing Nakali. Jordan and Conor Walker both knelt beside him, checking his vital signs and examining him with practised moves.

Tarra crouched down with them, looking between them and asked a little tensely, "How's he looking?"

"Ain't worth the movin' yet." commented Conor, pushing his unruly sandy hair to one side. His blue eyes peered carefully at the blisters and ridged skin. "Gettin' him into this probably done saved his life though."

"Agreed. Mother'll have somethin' to help with the skin. Looks like he needs to get the infection taken care of though. Seems to be fightin' something. Look at the spasm." Replied his brother.

"I'll stay with him if you've got to get something." Tarra looked at them. There was some time before his next attack, but she almost felt the time ticking down. "He's had a bit of a rough go and I might be able to help some." She smiled at them both, face friendly and eyes clear, but determined.

There was no way she was letting him go through one of those amongst strangers, especially while still unconscious. She felt a little presumptuous, like she would actually have some sort of impact on his pain-filled seizure, but she would feel better having someone from the ship with him until he was at least more settled.

~Tag Brothers / Anyone in Cargo Bay
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:42 am

Bug was puffing when he got to the village square, the only spot large enough and hard paved enough for a ship to set down. He looked from a corner of one of the warehouses at the bottom of the square. The ship sat in profile before him near enough to see the folks that came out of it. He saw a couple of folks walking away with a number of the local workers carrying baggage behind them, and shuddered a bit at the conviction that one of them was the old master. He let them get away before he joined the folks hanging around at the bottom of the ship’s broad cargo ramp.

On other planets there would have been a clamor of voices calling out all kinds of services from cleaning to prostitution. Here on Silence (not that Bug was really aware of the planet’s name) -- here in Marsh Barton, the re was no such clamor. As far as he knew, in fact, Bug was the only homeless person on the little world, though he preferred to think of himself as a free agent. At any rate, when he saw a stranger looking around like she needed something, his was the only voice to advertise services for hire.

“Cleaning or stoking, loading or hauling, anything needs doing, I’m your man!”

He stood looking hopeful, tugging at his clothes to straighten them, wiping an arm across his sweat streaked dirty face improving his color a trifle. These looked like good enough folks without being too uppity, so for this time, he’d try to get on the ship honest like. Next time he’d more consider slipping aboard when nobody was looking.

He repeated his advertisement, trying to catch the eye of anyone who looked like a member of the crew.

~tag anyone near the ramp
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:39 pm

"I'll stay with him if you've got to get something." Tarra looked at them. There was some time before his next attack, but she almost felt the time ticking down. "He's had a bit of a rough go and I might be able to help some." She smiled at them both, face friendly and eyes clear, but determined.

There was no way she was letting him go through one of those amongst strangers, especially while still unconscious. She felt a little presumptuous, like she would actually have some sort of impact on his pain-filled seizure, but she would feel better having someone from the ship with him until he was at least more settled.

Jordan nodded thoughtfully. "Can see that miss." he said in his deep baritone. "Is he the most injured on the ship?"

TAG

Again he looked thoughtful. He glanced at Conor, some unspoken communication passing between them. Conor leant slightly forward, looking at Tarragon closely. There was nothing creepy in his gaze, it was open, frank, assessing subtle cues that he quickly put together into picture of what kind of damage this woman might be hiding.

"I think you might be needing to spend some time with Mother yourself Miss. Could do with some real sleep, not bunkside, but in a real bed by the looks of it."

TAG - Tarragon.

Both brothers smiled broadly. Then returned to checking over Nakali and discussing the right kind of treatment needed. To a casual listener, they were extremely well versed in some esoteric forms of medicine. Some a little more advanced than would seem needed in a simple village such as this.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:51 pm

JP: Kynthia and Lu

Kynthia looked up and squinted into the sun beating down on them. It felt warm on her shoulders. They were far too tense these days. Hopefully that would change soon. She grinned at Lu's sillhouette and pointed to the ramp beside her. "Come on down. What you got there?"

Lu smiled a bit and held out a bottle, "Something I was saving for...well, I was saving it anyways, and figured after this whole mess, we could use something VERY strong." She came down to where Kynthia was and handed her the bottle.

Kynthia inspected the bottle. Then raised an eyebrow at Lu. "Very nice." she commented as she twisted the top off and sniffed. The scent rising from within the bottle caused her eyes to open wide. She took a healthy swig and passed the bottle to Lu. "So, you think the crew's going to be okay with the Old Man leaving? He ain't spoken to any of them 'cept me."

Taking a swig herself, Lu shrugged. "I dunno, I mean, it is a shock to me, but I think we can handle it as long as we all stick together." She leaned against the wall a bit. "I think I need to get off that bridge a bit more when we land somewhere."

Kynthia nodded. The heat from the liquid spread through her body. She rolled her head around, trying to get one of the kinks in her shoulders to pop. "I know. We need a second pilot, someone to spell you out of that seat sometimes. You know, Chris wouldn't have told you how sick he was, even if you weren't up there. " She plucked the bottle from Lu's hands, swallowing deeply again. "He hid it from everyone you know."

A small sigh came from her, "Yeah, I know. But I figured, after all that time, he would trust me with some of that." She snatched the bottle from Kynthia again and took a big swig once more. "I didn't think he would lie to me though, saying that there had been enough food brought for both of us. So I was both angry with him when I found out but also realized there was nothing I could do."

Suddenly a younger man, well kid really, appeared, hovering around the edge of the crowd. Kynthia nudged Lu and pointed to him in silence. "At last. A touch of normal." she said quietly.

Lu smiled, "Thank goodness. I'm getting sick of the drama really. Maybe this person will be someone nice." She looked over at the man who was in the crowd and debated going over to invite him to the ship, since it did, after all, seem like he was looking for one.

The ragged and dirty young man began to call out, obviously looking for someone from the ship. “Cleaning or stoking, loading or hauling, anything needs doing, I’m your man!” Kynthia looked him over a few times. "Looks like he ain't afraid of hard work. An' we do need some cleanin' done inside." she commented.

Lu nodded in agreement. "Should we try to recruit him? Couldn't hurt since, like you said, he doesn't seem afraid of the hard work"

"At the least, we get him to finish cleaning out Maverick's bunk. I'm thinking of moving the cabins around some. Move Tarragon back to the bigger ones, what with her plants and all. you want to move into hers?" Ky glanced over at the other woman, noticing that she still wore the ring that Chris had given her on her wedding finger.

Move bunks? I don't see why that would be a problem. Frankly, I need to get out of that room, to many..." She stopped herself there and took another swig from the bottle with a sigh.

Kynthia realised that she was treading a little too close to opening that wound. She waved to the young man to come over. "Let's ask him a couple things shall we?" she murmured to Lu.

"Hey! You! Come here a moment. What kind of work are you looking for?"  

TAG - Bug

Lu subconsciously ran her finger over her ring before watching as the man came closer to them.
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Jordan nodded thoughtfully. "Can see that miss." he said in his deep baritone. "Is he the most injured on the ship?"

“Not sure as I’m not officially medical, but we have a couple of people suffering from leftover stomach ailments and then a lot from varying exposure to extreme heat.” Tarra looked in at Nakali and said, “Yes, I believe he is.” She shook her head slightly and said, “Sorry about that. I should have said that first.”

Again he looked thoughtful. He glanced at Conor, some unspoken communication passing between them. Conor leant slightly forward, looking at Tarragon closely. There was nothing creepy in his gaze, it was open, frank, assessing subtle cues that he quickly put together into picture of what kind of damage this woman might be hiding.

"I think you might be needing to spend some time with Mother yourself Miss. Could do with some real sleep, not bunkside, but in a real bed by the looks of it."

Tarra smiled at them and said, “Thanks, but not until my friend is settled.” She was not delirious by any stretch of the imagination, but it had been a long yesterday. There was a nagging knowledge that she shouldn’t be quite so concerned, but her head was tired and her focus was clear. “Will you be moving him or leaving him aboard?”

Both brothers smiled broadly. Then returned to checking over Nakali and discussing the right kind of treatment needed. To a casual listener, they were extremely well versed in some esoteric forms of medicine. Some a little more advanced than would seem needed in a simple village such as this.

Tarra turned almost clear about, hoping that the people she saw were looking after Sam and Jandie and the others stricken with illness. Kynthia and Lu were outside on the ramp drinking some such concoction she’d never seen, speaking with a boy. She turned back and said to the two who looked obviously like brothers, “So, what’s your prognosis, doctors?”

~Tag Villagers / Anyone who might want to jump in
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Four of the villagers entered the ship immediately upon hearing that there were injured inside. They took one look at Nakali and their faces darkened with some kind of internal knowledge and temper.

Gently, one of them came towards Ameri,noting the habit she was wearing. Alice Walker had seen that kind of closed panic before from members of the cult over on the big planet. She didn't like seeing that internal strife on anyone, least of all someone who needed some help.

"Miss." She said quietly. "Let me help. I have medical training." she smiled warmly. "Looks like you need someone to salve that back of yours. I've got the perfect thing to make you heal up nice."

Ameri dropped the salve, ointments, gauze, and IV bag she'd been holding and backed up. Panic rose in her throat, shutting off her voice. The doctor had always been shy, always almost fearful of strangers. Now, so soon after the trauma of her escape, it was almost too much. She turned and ran, stopping short before her haven, the infirmary. There was no where to hide there. She certainly wouldn't try the cabinets again- not after last time, on the Kestrel. That had cured that habit.

She turned, running with her head down, unseeing, twisting and turning through the passages she knew so well. The doctor headed for her bunk, throwing open the door and practically throwing herself inside, down the ladder, ignoring the pain pulling from her back. Sobbing with pain and fear and hysteria born from the knowledge that she didn't rationally know why she was so frightened, or what of, she pressed her face into her pillows, pillows she had collected, bought with her own hard earned money, each picked out by her own self. Around her, safe in their gauze and boxes, were her collection of glass figures, each one treasured equally. The familiar surroundings, the home she'd built around herself when she'd had none, soothed Ameri's raw nerves as the sobs slowly quieted, slowed, calmed.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Alice was dismayed at the immediate panic that she saw flash across Ameri's face. And then swore when Ameri turned and ran. Swore because the state of the back that was vanishing quickly ahead of her told her exactly why the young woman was fleeing. She hadn't caught more than a slight glimpse before, but now the damage was clear.

She followed as best she could, hating the fact that it would only reinforce the trauma and the perception that she was going to hurt not help. Her stomach twisted when she saw the scabs tear apart and begin to bleed again.

The white habit stood out in the dimness of the ship as Ameri twisted and turned heading for her place of sanctuary. Then suddenly vanished. Alice Walker stopped and looked around. Then smiled gently as she spotted one of the doors closing. She walked over to it and tapped gently on it.

"Miss?" She said, her alto voice soothing and gentle. "Miss? All I want to do is take a look at that back of yours. I can wait here until you come up if you'd prefer. But I do need to be looking at it. I saw you were holding medical stuff, so chances are you're already knowin' that too. Let me come down m'dear."

TAG - Ameri.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Despite having not moved with they landed, or when the strangers came in to check on her, Sam wasn't as soundly asleep as most people would have thought. She just didn't want to get up, because she was comfortable. Then she heard a strangled cry from what had to be Merry's voice, followed by running. Sam was immediately up, scaring poor Cat to the other side of the room.

She looked around as she threw the blanket off. Where would Merry go? Infirmary, except there was no where to hide in there. Um...she used to hang out in Engineering with Kynthia. Quarters? Quarters might be a better bet, and it was on the way to the Engine room. She headed for Merry's quarters, got to the corridor where there was a lady talking to the door.

"Miss?" She said, her alto voice soothing and gentle. "Miss? All I want to do is take a look at that back of yours. I can wait here until you come up if you'd prefer. But I do need to be looking at it. I saw you were holding medical stuff, so chances are you're already knowin' that too. Let me come down m'dear."

Sam walked over, "I don't think you'll be able to easily ingratiate yourself with her. She's a shy one, and she's been through a lot. Hasn't seen a stranger since she got her back injured, so it's not surprising she rabbited." She explained to the woman, then knelt by the door, opening it slightly. "Merry, hey, Merry, it's Sam. Can I come down? This nice lady wants to take care of you, better than I can. I'll be there, stay with you, make sure she don't do nothin' she shouldn't, 'kay? Won't nothin' happen to you, Merry, nothin' at all. Can I come down?"
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Quamie » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Sam walked over, "I don't think you'll be able to easily ingratiate yourself with her. She's a shy one, and she's been through a lot. Hasn't seen a stranger since she got her back injured, so it's not surprising she rabbited." She explained to the woman, then knelt by the door, opening it slightly. "Merry, hey, Merry, it's Sam. Can I come down? This nice lady wants to take care of you, better than I can. I'll be there, stay with you, make sure she don't do nothin' she shouldn't, 'kay? Won't nothin' happen to you, Merry, nothin' at all. Can I come down?"

"Sam," Ameri breathed relief, hearing the familiar voice. Then louder, she called up, "Make her go away, Sam."

<tag>

They made sense. She knew her back still needed treatment. And maybe she was bleeding all over her blankets. But she was scared.

"Don't leave me, Sam," she pleaded, unaware of how broken she sounded. "She can come in, bur stay with me, please."

<tag>
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Sam Crerar » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:33 pm

"Sam," Ameri breathed relief, hearing the familiar voice. Then louder, she called up, "Make her go away, Sam."

Sam sighed, "Ameri, honey, you know as well as I do that you need help, more help than I in my little lonesome can give you. These people are here to help." She said quietly, "She's just gonna help, won't do nothin' else, I swear to you, Ameri, we're just going to help you."

They made sense. She knew her back still needed treatment. And maybe she was bleeding all over her blankets. But she was scared.

"Don't leave me, Sam," she pleaded, unaware of how broken she sounded. "She can come in, bur stay with me, please."

"Alright, Merry, I'm comin' down." Sam replied gently, then she headed down the ladder into Ameri's sanctuary. "I'm here, Merry, I won't let anything happen to you." She looked up, "Ma'am, you can come down now. Maybe introductions will help."
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Galifestus » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:36 am

"Hey! You! Come here a moment. What kind of work are you looking for?"

Man was a mighty generous term for the kid that stepped up the ramp to where the two women were sitting. Clad in a threadworn jacket, some kind of uniform shirt and trousers, both tattered and worn and boots that looked a little big on the boy, he could have been no more than a child. But he walked up, stood straight and talked clear.

"Ma'am, I can do anything that needs doing. I can clean, fetch and carry, wash clothes, cook a little, and mix drinks. I can run two kilometers in ten minutes and I can get where the cleaning needs doing in the tight spaces. Whatever needs doing, I can do it."

~tag

"Well, I worked on one of the big estates, and I just was helping on the apple harvest. Pay was alright, but I'm looking for better things."

~tag
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Quamie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:14 am

As Sam descended into the room, the first time she had been there, she saw Ameri laying face down on the small bed which was the room's main feature. The blanket was tan in color, which Ameri was lying on, and she had her face buried amongst three red-orange and brown pillows. There were paints in a corner, and a crate for clothes, and the middle of the room was decorated by a rug. By the bed was a shelf, adorned by Ameri's glass figures.

This was her sanctuary, a second sanctuary to the infirmary. Neither were terribly good hiding places, but at least they were places where Ameri felt safe. And this place, her room, actually seemed rather homey.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Sam Crerar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Sam looked around the small room for a second, then walked over to the bed and sat down at the side. "Hey, mei-mei," She said, touching Ameri's arm lightly. "I'm here, here to protect you. Why don't you sit up? Don't want this nice lady to think she's scary or anything." She said quietly, "Will you do that for me?"
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Tavey » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:30 am

Kynthia looked the young man up and down carefully.

"So, you aint scared of hard work, that I can see." she said. "Feel like helpin' us move some stuff around in the cargo hold?"

TAG - Bug

She lead the way into the space, directing him to move some crates around and re organise them into safer piles. She showed him briefly how to work the straps that secured them into place and then returned to her place on the ramp. Leaning back against the ship, she pushed her red hair back out of her eyes. Then closed them in the warmth of the sun, for just a moment.

While she sat, she also thought hard about what to do with the ship. They needed a steady source of income. Maverick's contacts weren't available anymore. He'd walked away from the ship without a backward glance, and she wasn't inclined to go and ask for any help.

"Lu." She said. "Ain't meanin' to make you feel bad. But is this a good place for Chris to rest?"

TAG - Lu.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:38 am

Alice Walker climbed down the stairs into the small cabin. She smiled at the simplicity and the fact that it had obviously been kept carefully for this young woman.

"Me name is Alice." she said cheerfully, sitting on the bed beside Ameri. "I'm a core trained healer, come here to rest in my old age."

She deftly moved the fabric of the habit to one side, clucking at the sight of the raw skin. And hissing when she also saw the sunburn underneath the welts.

"They put you in the sun didn't they lass?" she asked simply. "Them Bas*ards never did know how to be charitable, for all their piety. I am going to touch your skin now lovely. I need to make sure there ain't muscle damage with the rest. I want you to heal up right."

TAG Ameri

She finished her examination and very gently smoothed some ointment onto the skin to keep it supple. her fingers were soft, causing as little pain as possible.

"Now miss Ameri. You need to sleep here where 'tis safe and is your home. Rest my lovely. I'll be checking in on you later on."

TAG

She climbed back out of the cabin, her face showing her distress once she was out. Alice rested her back on the wall of the hallway and cursed roundly the women of the convent for their lack of thought, cruelty and inability to see beyond their own rules.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:18 pm

"Now miss Ameri. You need to sleep here where 'tis safe and is your home. Rest my lovely. I'll be checking in on you later on."

Sam gently kissed the top of Merry's head. "You did good, mei-mei. Do get some sleep, and we'll make sure no one bothers you."

She climbed back out of the cabin, her face showing her distress once she was out. Alice rested her back on the wall of the hallway and cursed roundly the women of the convent for their lack of thought, cruelty and inability to see beyond their own rules.

Sam got up and followed after Alice the healer. She was just getting out when she heard the cursing, a grim smile spread across her face. "I see you've had some experience with the dear sisters of St. Florian's...if it makes you feel better, the Mother Superior will never harm another sister, and the convent is being reorganized by a friend of ours. This will not happen again." And if it does, I will personally kill every living soul on the hot side of the rock. Sam thought, before walking past the doc to the Cargo Bay.
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:27 pm

**OOC - JP between Sam and Tarra - Thanks Sam** Part - The First **

Sam had dealt with Ameri, who was going to take a while to get calmed down enough to enjoy the planet around them, or any planet actually. Even any other ship. Or any human being not a member of the crew. Now Sam walked through the cargo bay, and she saw Tarra. Which reminded her about some vague, weird recollections she had of the night before. "Oy, Tarra...aren't you going to go out at all?"

Tarra looked up, swapping out another IV bag as she sat in the Bay. Air was sweeping into the ship from outside and the smell of the planet wafted in. A distinctly fruity odour permeated the lower bay, and Tarra breathed in, trying to absorb the Nature around her, just outside the ramp. Mentally making her calculations, she knew she had probably another 4 hours or so before he would need assistance.

She turned her face to Sam and said, "No, not yet." Rubbing her eyes gently and her face a little more vigorously, she said, "You're looking much better today. Sleep well?"

"Yeah, you, however, look like hell."

Tarra smiled sweetly and said, "Oh, Sam, you say the nicest things." She stretched her arms, neck and back again leaning over to get the blood moving throughout her body and then performed an energizing breathing ritual.

"So, how is Ameri and Jandie? Have the villagers been helping them out?"

"Ameri rabbited when she saw one of the village healers. I had to go sit with her while the villager was in with her. Don't know about Jandie. What about you and your zhoushide?"

Tarra flinched slightly, almost imperceptibly as she turned to him in the tub. "Still here, still cooling and waiting for a couple of brothers to bring something here to help." She looked down the ramp and said, "I'm just fine."

Sam snorted, "Fine...freaked out, insecure, neurotic and emotional? 'Cause you don't look like the other fine, you look exhausted and stressed. And I have a feeling it has to do with what you told me last night, though I can't really remember what it was."

Tarra sighed in relief and tried to make it seem like a reaction to Sam's assessment. "Hey, always freaked out, insecure, neurotic and emotional. When did THAT ever change? Hell, we've been through so much in the last little while, that I'm surprised that the whole SHIP isn't insane." However, Tarra seemed to speaking with much more self-possession and despite her lack of sleep, had an undercurrent of strength that had not been discernable before.

"Well," said Tarra lightly, "If you don't remember what it was, then it couldn't have been that important." She laughed gently and turned back, "What DO you recall?"

**TBC**
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:50 pm

*Part Deux*

Sam raised an eyebrow, something was up with Tarra. "I recall you telling me your real name was Serena. I recall you talking about Nakali, and Serenity Valley, seizures..."

She nodded. "Yep, that sounds about right." She sat down, leaning against the wall near the tub. "So what do you need to know?" Sighing resignedly, she would share as much as Sam would need to know, but she would NEVER know it all, not unless Nakali decided to share himself.

"What it means."

Tarra closed her eyes. "In what sense?" She breathed slowly and listened to a brief muscle spasm from Nakali impact the water in the tub. Her eyes snapped open and she looked to make sure he was still above the waterline. "Can you explain, please, yesterday was just go se."

"Okay, so, last night, he had a seizure, and you were protecting him from hitting his head on the tub, with your own body, instead of a pillow. You refuse to leave his side, even though you don't like him. Something is up, and it don't make sense. It'd be really shiny if you could explain again."

Tarra closed her eyes and felt a trembling start in the centre of her gut. Good Lord, if only she DIDN'T like him... She felt herself go a little numb as she tried to consider the best way to address that. The blood drained out of her body and pooled in her feet, suddenly making her feel that her stomach had moved about 2 feet lower and 1 foot to the left. "Well, me not liking him is... apparently a subject for debate." She felt the Fake Nakali almost pat her on the shoulder... a decision.

An admission, to someone who would simply laugh her ass off at her. "He trusted me, Sam, and I violated that trust." Tarra rubbed her bruising arms and shoulders, knowing that it would look like she had been through some sort of gauntlet. "Most likely, never speak to me again." Or kill me outright, she thought.

"How did you violate his trust? And, wouldn't the not speaking to you again not be a problem?"

*TBC*
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:09 pm

**OOC - Continuing JP - Between Sam and Tarra** Part - The Third

Tarra's face screwed up into a strange expression as she turned to Sam. "He left me with his duffel for safe keeping, and in my efforts to try to keep everything together and in one place, accidentally found his stuff on the floor in his bunk." She breathed deeply, confused about the mental discussion that seemed so physically real... Her face coloured slightly at the memory and said, "Well, certain that the not speaking to me again wouldn't be a problem for him." She pressed her lips together and said, "But I think for me..." She breathed in, "I think I might not like that too much."

"Getting attached, huh?"

Tarra's face coloured slightly and thought back on her interaction with Nakali from the beginning. She was certain about nothing excepting that... well that she WAS getting attached.

"I suppose so." Tarra shrugged, trying to seem a little nonchalant, but unable to completely manage it. No back-pedalling, but it wouldn't matter anyway once he was awake.
"Won't matter much once he's up and around though..."

Sam sighed, "You know, he might forgive you."

Tarra looked at Sam with something akin to shock. "I don't know Sam, would you?" She shook her head and smiled in thought, considering the multitude of things that might happen once he opened his eyes and she told him. "Death comes on swift wings..."

"Would I over the fact that you lied about your name? Or over invading privacy?"

"Both." Tarra was a little surprised at Sam, but waited for her response.

"First, I have to ask, who on this damn ship does use their original name? Actually, a few of us, but still, pretty common." Sam said, "I, uh, would have preferred honesty, but can't fault you. Kynthia, Maverick, Selene, all different names, Sjet prolly is too. As for privacy... depends on what made you do it."

It was Tarra's turn to sigh. "Well, with my name, it was taken away from me; but honestly, I discovered that it wasn't really all mine anyway." Her eyes cast back in recollection. "No name has really felt right yet; but Tarragon Hunter is as good as anything else."

**TBC**
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Next

Return to Firefly: Monarch