Iced Over Ch4: Breaking The Ice

Iced Over Ch4: Breaking The Ice

Postby JayB » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Marcus was in a bad mood. He had just got back to the Heimdall on his personal shuttle after seeing an old friend from his intelligence days. The news did not bode well. Rumors had it the a freighter had stumbled on some sort of sleeper ship a month back, and the cargo had been Eugenics experiments. But without proof, there was nothing to be done with the information. The one way of getting said proof was not something that Marcus relished though. They would have to wake up the man who had defrosted.

With a determined look covering up his lingering doubts, Marcus keyed the Comms. "Marcus to Cat. It's time. We need to have a chat with our guest. Wake him up. I'll be down there in a few minutes."

Damn Starfleet and their contracts. Trafficking of intelligent species was not something he liked in the least. These were people! If the Federation wanted them gone so badly they should have just killed them while they had the chance, not keep them frozen and hand them off to a Civilian merchant ship! The inklings of a plan began developing in Marcus' mind, one that would shove the entire situation back in Starfleet's face. He keyed the Comms again. "Marcus to Ari. Do me a favor, locate the nearest class M."

TAG: ARI, CAT
JayB
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Iced Over Ch4: Breaking The Ice

Postby Kris » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:33 am

With a determined look covering up his lingering doubts, Marcus keyed the Comms. "Marcus to Cat. It's time. We need to have a chat with our guest. Wake him up. I'll be down there in a few minutes."

Cat looked up at the sound of Marcus’ voice. She’d been laying her head down on her desk for a while, trying to relax best she could. Was he serious?

“Marcus...you’re joking right? We’re waking up this guy before we talk to anyone else?” The anger was apparent in Catrina’s voice as she got a hypospray ready.

“I’m not administering this thing until you get down here. And I want more security in case something goes crazy.”

Tag- Marcus
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Re: Iced Over Ch4: Breaking The Ice Re: Cat

Postby JayB » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:38 am

Marcus made his way to the med bay. He knew Cat probably wouldn't be happy with his decision, but it was the only way to prove the rumors short of getting the information out of the mouths of Starfleet Intelligence. And that would never happen.

He stepped in, seeing Cat looking rather cross. "Calm down Cat, I'm only doing this to confirm a rumor that I heard from one of my old contacts. Supposedly, there was another sleeper ship found. It was full of Eugenics era Augments. But the whole thing was cleaned and hushed before word got out. The only other way to confirm this would be to drag it out of the Intelligence Bureau's greedy hands. If this guy is an augment, then we have all the proof we need to nail the Federation in the face and get ourselves out of a nasty situation. There is no way that the Federation would let this information become widespread."

Marcus walked over to the area that the man was being kept in. He checked the restraints and prepared to erect the security field. He patted his Standard issue Intelligence hand phaser. "Alright Cat, let's ring this guy's alarm clock."

TAG: CAT
JayB
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby Kris » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:31 pm

He stepped in, seeing Cat looking rather cross. "Calm down Cat, I'm only doing this to confirm a rumor that I heard from one of my old contacts. Supposedly, there was another sleeper ship found. It was full of Eugenics era Augments. But the whole thing was cleaned and hushed before word got out. The only other way to confirm this would be to drag it out of the Intelligence Bureau's greedy hands. If this guy is an augment, then we have all the proof we need to nail the Federation in the face and get ourselves out of a nasty situation. There is no way that the Federation would let this information become widespread."

“Another sleeper ship? Oh you have to be kidding me. Yes, I’ve heard of all that, I do have my own connections in Starfleet. But why would they be trying to transport them in this way? Beyond illegal…”

Marcus walked over to the area that the man was being kept in. He checked the restraints and prepared to erect the security field. He patted his Standard issue Intelligence hand phaser. "Alright Cat, let's ring this guy's alarm clock."

Tapping the hypospray in the palm of her hand, Catrina sighed. “This is on your head, Marcus. I don’t want my area turn into a disaster.” Making sure that she had her own cricket phaser where she could get to it, she double-checked the biosigns of the man before administering the hypospray.

“It’ll take a few minutes. Whoever he is, he’s been out for a while. But so far,” she said as she turned back to the monitors, “still stable.” She readied another hypospray to knock the guy back out...if needed. But she was still keeping her eyes on the monitors.

Tag-Marcus
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby JayB » Tue May 05, 2015 11:56 pm

Marcus watched as Cat administered the Hypospray and waited patiently for the man to wake up. It was only a couple minutes later that he sowed signs of life. A twitch in the eyelid, a fist clench, and the eyes suddenly opened.

The man looked around, sharply twisting his head around and pulling on his restraints. Though the man was strong, the bonds held firm.

A deep baritone sounded out of the man. "Where am I? Who are you?"

Marcus Observed for a moment before answering. "I am Marcus Erickson. You are on my ship, the SS Heimdall. We received your cryo stasis pod as a shipment to be delivered to a desolate planet. We were unaware of the contents of the pod, just that we were to deliver it and receive a large paycheck. Now, what we need to know, is who are you? Are you a Eugenics augment?"

The man draws himself up, trying to look dignified despite his bonds. "I am Juan Leon. And I am one of the superior race you call augments."

Marcus nodded. "As I expected." He turned to Cat. "Sedate him again please. We have what we need."

TAG Cat
JayB
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby Kris » Sat May 09, 2015 11:57 am

Marcus watched as Cat administered the Hypospray and waited patiently for the man to wake up. It was only a couple minutes later that he sowed signs of life. A twitch in the eyelid, a fist clench, and the eyes suddenly opened.

The man looked around, sharply twisting his head around and pulling on his restraints. Though the man was strong, the bonds held firm.

A deep baritone sounded out of the man. "Where am I? Who are you?"

Marcus Observed for a moment before answering. "I am Marcus Erickson. You are on my ship, the SS Heimdall. We received your cryo stasis pod as a shipment to be delivered to a desolate planet. We were unaware of the contents of the pod, just that we were to deliver it and receive a large paycheck. Now, what we need to know, is who are you? Are you a Eugenics augment?"

The man draws himself up, trying to look dignified despite his bonds. "I am Juan Leon. And I am one of the superior race you call augments."

Marcus nodded. "As I expected." He turned to Cat. "Sedate him again please. We have what we need."

Watching the man, Catrina tightened the grip on her hypospray. She was glad that the restraints were as strong as they were. The moment she heard that she needed to sedate him, there was a quick, and seemingly practiced movement of her arm. The hypospray pressed against his neck with a very strong sedative.

Her eyes then turned to Marcus. “Why did you have to be right? Augments, of all people. They had to know about it when they gave these things to us.”

Tag
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby JayB » Sat May 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Marcus was angry. No one did this to his company and got away with it. Not even Starfleet. "I guarantee that they did. And I'm about to go shove it all back in their faces." Marcus unlocked the door. Make sure he stays asleep. I don't want another Khan situation on our hands. I have some heads to knock." Marcus walked out the door. Heads to knock indeed.
Last edited by JayB on Sun May 10, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayB
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby Kris » Sun May 10, 2015 11:32 am

Cat sighed and went back to watching the biosigns of the Augment. Marcus was right, the last thing that they needed was another Khan. This time at least they were able to keep him sedated, though not taking any chances she’d made sure he got the highest dose possible. She’d seen what happened before, and wasn’t going to allow that to happen again.

Sitting in a nearby chair, she started in on something she didn’t normally do: a report on the situation.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Return to Missions