JL: E.Crow & Nadall: A Different Story

Moderator: [Sim] Mercutio - Hosts

Postby Iar Edra » Sat May 02, 2015 9:55 pm

Edra sat at the desk in her quarters, the girls still in class. Since she didn't have them to distract her, she decided to look over the latest reports, doing the Dreaded Paperwork (TM). She'd hoped it would take her mind off of recent events, but that wasn't really happening. Without warning the secured viewscreen on the wall flashed showing a handsome clean cut man wearing a black uniform, gleaming SI insignia on the collar. "Excuse the intrusion with my apologies."
Edra jumped in surprise. "What the..??" She noticed the insignia and frowned.
"I was hoping you might be able to put me in touch with Patricia."
She cocked her head to the side, not sure of who he was referring to for just a moment. It didn't take long for her to remember, but she also wasn't supposed to know that. "I'm sorry, who?"
"Oh, you call her Banks. She'll be annoyed that I let that name slip."
"Riiight..." She wondered who this was who knew her first name. "I...I'm sorry, but who are you, and how were you able to reach me here?"
"James Nadall. Without going into too much detail there aren't many people I can't find and contact when I need to. Unfortunately right now one of those people is her. I haven't been able to speak with her for a few days since she cancelled our vacation plans, and I was hoping you might be able to find her for me."
"It's nice to know our security measures need improving..." She didn't really care if she looked annoyed, and then the last part of what he said sank in. "The way I heard it you cancelled those plans. She was rather pissed about it too."
"Hardly. I had an entire island world evcuated so she and I could have some privacy. Then she sent a message saying she couldn't meet me and would talk later. Is she alright?"
She closed her eyes, holding the bridge of her nose in two fingers, before looking back up. "Honestly, I couldn't tell you. She's not on board. Her last words indicated that she'd be back, but I don't know when that will be."
"Where did she go?"
"She transported to an undercover ship that I'm not even familiar with. It's Cardassian, but that's all I really know."
After a moment he gave a slight nod. "She has a habit of going off on her own path from time to time."
"I'm getting that impression, yes." She wondered how much she should really tell him. He was her boyfriend, and might take it upon himself to defend her if she gave up her plans. She was not fond of the idea of having SI breathing down her back.
Then, as if a light goes off, "You're Karissa's mother."
She raised a brow. "Yes..."
"She talks about her a lot."
"She's been somewhat of a babysitter for her lately...not that I'd use that word in front of her..."
He chuckled. "That's probably a good idea. Well if you should happen to see her, please tell her to call me."
Edra nodded, then as a thought occured to her, she looked directly at him. "She's spoken of Karissa...has she mentioned anyone else in your conversations?"
"He thought for a minute. "She's mentioned several of your crew. I do know she highly respects your husband."
"You know her. Would you say she'd keep secrets from him given how much she 'highly respects' him?
"It would depend on her orders. She's very....need to know. But that comes from her training in our forces."
"Hmm...So it would seem. One more question: when did she inform you she couldn't make it to join you?"
"About a day before she was to leave to meet me."
She nodded. "Thank you. I'm sorry I couldn't help you any more."
He gave her a polite nod and ended the com.
Edra continued to stare at the screen after it went blank, James' words playing over in her head. In a sudden outburst of rage she flung the PADDS she'd been working on across her desk, and into the middle of the room.
Cmdr Edra Crow--XO--USS Mercutio

Ens. Aislinn Norson --Sci--USS Legacy

AIM
CmdrEdraCrow
IarEdra
=============
Iar Edra
Commodore
Commodore

Return to USS Mercutio