JL: After All

Moderator: [Sim] Mercutio - Hosts

JL: After All

Postby Iar Edra » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:35 pm

JL: After all

"After all that we've been through, it all comes down to me and you.
I guess it's meant to be, forever you and me, after all."

Edra lay in her cot, wrapped up in a blanket, because it was cold in this vast room. As she waited for Henry to get back from whatever conversation he'd been having she had her eyes closed, but was far from being tired. Eventually, he returned, sitting down on his cot opposite her with a tired sigh. The sound made her open up one eye and she reached out to place a hand on his back. "Everything okay?"
"This thing is not going to be easy. His wife is scheduled for a public address, so he wants us to storm one of their communications satellites to hijack her signal and expose her."
She sat up. "Yikes. It's too bad we didn't bring the Merc with us through the gate."
"There's enough weaponry around here. But being back here is agreeing with him and his family. They look like they're thirty years younger.
She smiled and ran her hand through his hair, her thumb resting on his cheek. "It's agreeing with you too."
He put his hand on hers. "So how're you holding up?"
"I'm fine. Everybody seems to be fine. Some of the crew are even ready to go get this done. I didn't know exactly what Nadall meant when he said we'd have time to acclimate, but I'm getting the idea now."
"Yea. I feel like as soon as we go back home every injury I have will start nagging at once but for now I feel great." He made a small discomfort noise. "Which means the people who live here like his soldiers will be feeling fantastic."
She picked up on the noise. "What is it?"
"I hadn't considered it. Fighting his people on this world will be ten times as hard as it was on that outpost."
The thought hit her. "Oh crap. You're right." The idea merited more thought, but it wasn't where her mind was at the moment. She looked back at him. "So, you don't think these...benefits will last when we get back?"
"I doubt it. We're never that lucky."
She frowned. "I was hoping we'd get to enjoy it for a little while." But she could sense his unease, so she scooted closer, wrapping her arms around him. "Relax, for tonight."
"Well, I doubt we can relax like normal with everyone around." He grinned.
She answered with a grin of her own. "Maybe not, but most of them are asleep anyways. I just wanted to get you down off high alert."
He looked around, gesturing, "You can fit what...five hundred troops in here. And this is what...one of a thousand bases or ten thousand they have? And we're putting the man who built all this back in power. So that people who give us orders don't lose weapons contracts."
She turned him towards her, cupping his face in her hands. "This will all be the same in the morning. Just for tonight, I want my fiance. I want his attentions for myself. Then in the morning, it can go back to business."
He locked eyes with her. "Yes Ma'am."
She smiled, glad to finally distract him. "Have I told you lately that I love you?"
"Yes but I wont complain if its mentioned again."
She grinned. "Well, I do. And I don't know if it's whatever is in the air or watching Zimm and Brie, or what but I've gotten an idea."
"Whats the idea?"
"You're probably gonna think I'm crazy, but I want to get married. Now. I don't wanna wait anymore."
"Now?"
"I know...crazy. But yes. doesn't have to be anyone else there. Just you and me."
"Well someone has to officiate."
She grinned at him, feeling silly, but perfectly okay with that. "You are the Captain, aren't you?"
"I don't think I can officiate my own wedding, my love."
"We've done this before. Why do we need someone else to tell us we're married? We can still say our vows to each other."
Henry took her hand and kissed her left palm. "I take you Edra to be my wife from this day forth as long as I am drawing a breath."
She smiled, a bit surprise. She thought she would have to prod more than that. But her heart soared. "And I take you, Henry, to be my husband, from this moment on, until I am gone from this life." And mirrored his action as if that kiss was their seal.
"You know this means you have to keep putting up with me."
She laughed. "If that's the cross I have to bear, I guess it's too late back out now."
"It's amazing how complete I feel again."
She pulled him towards her and kissed him. "Thank you."
"When I was in their command center I passed a few of the officer's quarters."
"Am I thinking what you're thinking?"
"Well to be fair I'm always thinking of that."
She chuckled. "Yes, you are."
Henry stood up, helping her stand as well, and led her down a hallway, taking a few turns, before coming a room set off by itself. He opened the door revealing a very comfortable set of quarters, definitely more luxurious than the spartan barrack cots.
Edra looked either way down the hall, thinking of the room's occupant. "Are we sure no one's gonna show up here?"
He repeated her earlier comment. "Everyone's asleep."
She smiled. "Well then." Walked over and fell onto the bed. "A really, real bed feels so nice." She looked up at him, smiling.
He nodded, sitting on the side of the bed. "I forgot to carry you over the threshold."
She sat back up looking at the doorway. "No, I just walked in. I wasn't even thinking of that."
"I forgive you." He said, kissing her.
She fervently kissed him back as she wrapped her arms behind his neck and pulled him down with her this time.
For the rest of the night, Henry found himself not thinking of missions or battles or logistics for the first time in nearly ever. Just focused completely on them.
Cmdr Edra Crow--XO--USS Mercutio

Ens. Aislinn Norson --Sci--USS Legacy

AIM
CmdrEdraCrow
IarEdra
=============
Iar Edra
Commodore
Commodore

Return to USS Mercutio