PL: Parenting, Pt. II

Moderator: [Sim] Mercutio - Hosts

PL: Parenting, Pt. II

Postby Iar Edra » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:45 pm

PL: Parenting Pt. II
Edra was sitting at her desk a week later, working on a fresh set of PADDs. The previous requests and assignments had been dealt with with minimal issues. Now that Karissa was tall enough to reach the top of her desk she'd been keeping the office door locked when she wasn't using it.
As she traded on PADD for another, she heard the door chime. She responded, "Enter" as she got up to see who it was.
Henry entered, casting a smile her way that she returned easily. He nodded toward Karissa's room in a silent inquiry of her whereabouts. Edra nodded.
"Is there a Pipsqueak here I can talk to?" He asked in a voice meant to reach her ears.
They could both hear a muffled huff from behind her bedroom door, then stomping as she, probably, walked around her bed. Henry and Edra grinned at each other, knowing what was coming next. When her door opened, she walked out of her bedroom, and through Edra's room, until they could see each other. Then she planted her fists on her hips, "It's Squeakers!"
"Oh, that's right. I'm sorry."
Edra laughed to herself at the teasing going on.
"Hey," Henry continued, "Maybe you can forgive me because I brought you something." Her turned to Edra, "You got a PADD?"
She was a bit confused, but nodded. "Let me get one." She returned to her office to grab one, then back tracked to Henry, handing him the PADD.
"Thanks." He turned back to Karissa, kneeling down to her level, which brought her to his side. He showed her the PADD Edra had just handed him. This is your mommas PADD. Thin, grey, kinda boring. Got it?"
Karissa nodded.
"And this," he pulled out another from behind him, "is yours. It's purple, with grippy sides, and games on it."
Her eyes lit up and she looked from him to the purple PADD, waiting for him to hand it to her.
"But, only if you agree to leave hers alone. Deal?"
Karissa nodded excitedly. "Deal!"
"Alright," he said as he handed it over. "It's yours."
Karissa took it and ran over to Edra, holding it up in the air. "Momma! Look what I got!"
"I see. What do you say?"
For some reason she chose now to get all shy, and whispered her "Thank you."
Edra shook her head and nudged her. "Get over there and say it so he can hear you."
She returned to his side. "Thank you, Mr. Henry." She then reached up to give him a hug.
Henry picked her up to hug her then put her back down. "Oh, it was nothin, Squeakers."
Karissa giggled, happy that he'd finally gotten it right. She looked at her mom, and Edra nodded.
"Go on, you can go play with it."
And with that, she was off.
Edra turned to Henry as he stood up. "You didn't have to do that."
He shrugged. "Like it said, it was nothin. And hopefully, it will keep her out of yours.
Edra pointed back to her office. "So does locking the doors. But thank you. I think they're using them in the classroom, which is why she went after mine. She thought they were all the same." She changed the subject, "By the way, you know she was calling me 'Mommy' before you were coming around, now it's all 'Momma this' and 'Momma that.'
He grinned, "Gotta get her speaking the language if she's ever gonna take her tract of land."
Edra just shook her head.
"Anymore nastygrams?" He asked.
"No, but she did say to me the other day, 'Momma, I love you, but I'm mad at you. But that's ok.' I'm not quite sure what that meant, but all I could think was it sounded like your doing."
He shrugged, "I dunno what your talking about." He then took a step to the side, dodging her elbow.
Cmdr Edra Crow--XO--USS Mercutio

Ens. Aislinn Norson --Sci--USS Legacy

AIM
CmdrEdraCrow
IarEdra
=============
Iar Edra
Commodore
Commodore

Return to USS Mercutio