A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Re: A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Postby Kris » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:05 pm

As Brock was arriving with food and such, Rika could only watch. It was hard to think that he had no idea what they had just been through. But the food was extremely welcome, as she was starving and hadn't really put anything into her stomach since it started.

"Jack Harkness?" she whispered to herself. Why did that name seem familiar?

Hearing about the storm, she looked out the window.

"Might even be less than that if the winds decide to pick up at all. Never seen one start boiling up that quickly, and I've been through some nasty storms."

Tags
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby LrShadow » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:58 am

"Who is this Jack, and should we be worried if he shows up?" Elspeth leaned over and whispered to Rika, the others seemingly engaged with their food or personal memories. They all seemed a bit reflective at the moment, although the storm drew the groups attention quickly enough.

Tag Rika, and/or anyone else.

This was the distant past, alternate timeline granted, but still her long lost past and she had never heard of this Jack Harkness. She wondered if she had not done enough research when she had been plotting her... Elspeth let the thought go from there and continued to quietly eat as the others talked. At least he sounds interesting she thought.
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'
- G'kar and Sheridan, The Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles

Yahoo= LrShadow
=============================

Ranger Zed McCann - X Trinidad Station (R.I.P.)

Nathan Scott - Torchwood 10
LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Foxy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Once everyone was taken care of, he sat down next to Wen and looked over the team. His eyes lingered on Rika, Grace and Elspeth. "Right ladies, which one of you was sending me messages?" he asked. "Might as well get a good idea now. So I can say thank you when you get wherever you're going. Derowen, you do know where you're going, right?"

Wen cuffed him across the back of the head with a laugh.

Grace waved, “That'd be me on the texting thing. Grace Forbes. We won't meet for a while...”

Once introductions had been made properly, Brock sobered. "Storm is best time to attempt this. It's going to be rough, and I heard a rumour that Jack is somewhere around, causing problems."

"Harkness." Wen's voice was low, angry.

Grace's nostril's flared. She hadn't met the guy, but she'd heard the stories.

Brock took a moment in the confusion to touch Grace on the arm. "Right, so drinks are on yeah?" He whispered in her ear. "I won't forget."

“Damn right,” Grace confirmed. “I'll need one by the time we've finished this. At least one. And don't worry – I'll remind you.”

With the photo she'd taken as proof and blackmail material if required...

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Tavey » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:40 am

"Oh good," Brock practically purred. "Woman like you.. this will be fun."

TAG - Grace

There was a sudden, sizzling blaze of light and crack of thunder, more or less that quickly. The skies outside darkened into gunmetal grey. Rain stuttered against the roof of the Big Boy. Then the deluge truly arrived, heralded by another slammed bolt of lightning.

"Storm!" Yelled Derowen trying to be heard over the thunder. "Arrived a bit quickly! Fire it up Quin. Brock love, put down Grace and clear us a route. I'm going to be taking us through hot."

And here it was.. the true power that the sword brought Derowen. Oh she'd pay for this trip. Pay in sweat and tears and a desire to rip someone into tiny pieces that couldn't be put back together again. Pain was the currency that she dealt in, even though this time it would be her own torment that danced to the tune of some ancient God, or alien (amounted to the same thing really).

She looked at them all, and smiled a little sadly. "Brace yourselves."

Derowen MacFie considered her options. Was she going to walk out of the bus and open the rift in front of it? Or ride the bus through as they'd done before, tearing the fabric of space and time in one agonizing, brutal moment from within? Both would work. One guaranteed that she would have somewhere dry to land when she collapsed afterwards. Not that she was about to tell them that bit. They'd argue and frankly.... as ironic as it was, there was no time for that.

Right, clothes off and soggy it was. She'd jump onto the Big Boy as it went past.

"Quin love, keep that door open!" She ordered, as she stripped down to a sleek dark brown undergarment that covered her enough not to be obscene. She blinked and her eyes slid into the molten metal that indicated she'd tapped into the sword. Her spine ignited into a brilliant red blaze of light and she gasped at the sensation that ripped through her.

Brock took one look and shook his head. "MacFie, what are you doing?" he asked her.

"Keeping them alive."

He hurried from the Big Boy, waving his arms at the people still in the way. Eventually whatever he was yelling at them worked and they moved aside. Wen pulled the weapons she hid in her hair and dropped them onto the bench, letting her hair cascade down her back.

She walked from the Big Boy, into the storm, and raised her arms in salutation.

TAG - ALL.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:51 am

Elspeth sat rigid and unmoving, all of her muscles locked in place as The One's back light up like a Christmas tree. Fear gripped her heart, but she was unable to do anything. Slowly her head turned to watch with wide eyes as the lovely woman left the vehicle.

'Amazing.' she tried to form the words but her mouth didn't move, then she realized she was not in control. The chip in her head felt hot, almost burning but just on the edge of unbearable. Lightening struck again and the chip twisted but settled. Sometimes if the strike was close enough or actually hit her the Universe would eject her to somewhere else. It's one of the reasons why she hated being on planets, that and the pain that happened during the strike.

Her knuckles turned white where she gripped the seat and her body was ramrod straight. All except her head which kept tracking the light glowing from the womans back.
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Foxy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:08 pm

"Oh good," Brock practically purred. "Woman like you.. this will be fun."

“You have no idea,” Grace grinned. This version of Brock was... more of a player... than in her time. Had something happened to make him more cautious or had he been holding back out of fear of screwing the future? Timetravel could be a bitch. Still, she'd find out when they got back.

"Brock love,” called Derowen, “put down Grace and clear us a route. I'm going to be taking us through hot." She looked at them all, and smiled a little sadly. "Brace yourselves." 

“Au revoir,” Grace threw a casual salute at him and headed back to their ride.

She had seen this before – Wen and the Sword. It was obviously painful – there was a price to this... talent. And there was bog all she could do to help. Quin was part of it too, linked in some way. Maybe she could at least help him. She made her way to the front of the Big Boy.

“You OK to drive, Biscuit? I know I've had a drop, but I reckon straight ahead through a sucky great hole in space and time should be straightforward enough. At least there's not likely to be any tractors in the way...”

tag - Quin

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Normally, Rika wasn't one to be freaked out by a storm. And actually, this was a perfectly normal storm. Just they were...going to use it to time travel back to their time with Wen standing outside in the middle of it.

Wait, since when did she get outside and start standing in it? There were things that probably even the people that had been around for a while would never know. But it seemed that Wen thought it was up to her to open up the whatever it was.

And what had been with her eyes when she had stepped out? Too many questions that would hopefully be answered whenever she got her orientation. Leaning forward to look out the window of Big Boy, all she could do was watch.

"Probably a silly question right now, but anything I can possibly do to help in all this?"

Tags: All
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Quin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 pm

She had seen this before – Wen and the Sword. It was obviously painful – there was a price to this... talent. And there was bog all she could do to help. Quin was part of it too, linked in some way. Maybe she could at least help him. She made her way to the front of the Big Boy.

“You OK to drive, Biscuit? I know I've had a drop, but I reckon straight ahead through a sucky great hole in space and time should be straightforward enough. At least there's not likely to be any tractors in the way...”

"I'm scared Grace," Quin replied. "You're being nice to me."

She would never know how close to being true those first 3 words were.

"No worries, I've got it," he continued. "Don't ask me how I know but the timing has to be exact and the speed needs to be spot on."

He couldn't resist a sly dig at her expense.

"Besides you should be prettying yourself up for your new, old friend."
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:11 pm

The rain sleeted across her body, soaking the one piece that she wore until it clung to her body. Derowen barely noticed. The energy from the stones was already building. She shivered, but it was pure excitement, adrenaline.. love for what she was about to do that caused it.

Tourists scattered in front of her.

“TOLD YOU!” Yelled Brock at them, still amazed at how this was going to play. Damn that woman, and all she stood for. Damn Torchwood, and the way it screwed up the most normal of people. Or aliens. Or ghosts for that matter. He loved that woman with every fibre of his being, she was his best friend, his ex-wife (a small matter of creating paperwork that would actually let him stay on Earth), and the most frightening person he knew.

Brock turned around and waved to Quin, motioning for him to get the Big Boy in place.

TAG - Quin

Then Derowen stopped walking.

Oh gods.. here we go..

Brock watched her, face impassive, but the way his fingers tapped against his legs told a different story.

Derowen brought her hands together, uttering words in a language she never knew. The black ring on her finger blazed suddenly with a light that was not a light, a darkness so encompassing that it clothed her with the brilliance of the shadow. She took one step forward, and the shade spiralled out from her, reaching to the stones. It caressed them, loving them. Almost sensual. The sexual tension in the area rose a few notches.

Wen brought her closed hands up in front of her, pointing directly at the space between two of the giant stones. She braced herself.

And parted her hands slightly.

Immediately a bolt of lightning struck the ground next to the stones. Clouds boiled and churned above Stonehenge, thunder smashed across the sky. She parted her hands a little more. Another slash of light and the ground rocked beneath them all.

With a wrench that brought her to her knees, screaming, Wen parted her hands wide, and as she did, a swirling vortex opened in front of them. Where John Smith was Merlin, she was Morgan, and thus it had always been and ever would be.

The light along her spine heated up until her back was smoking.

“GO!” she screamed, shredding vocal cords. “Please GO!”

“GO GO GO!” Ordered Brock, frantically waving the Big Boy forward.

Derowen tried to get to her feet, but the weight of the vortex was too much. She daren’t even try to close her hands. Every time she moved her hands, the vortex changed subtly. As long as she held it, they would be safe.

Please let them be safe, please let them be safe.. Oh gods.. take me and let this be over.. She screamed again with the pain, as the vortex changed, stretched and reached it’s location. A tunnel through time.. The storm took on epic proportions. Rain fell almost sideways with the force of the winds.

Wen wept with the sheer pain ripping into her, trying desperately to get herself to her feet, so that she could get onto the Big Boy. She managed to get one foot braced, but nothing else.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:30 pm

He couldn't resist a sly dig at her expense. "Besides you should be prettying yourself up for your new, old friend."

Grace grinned. "I'll worry about that on the other side," she observed. This was a dangerous manoeuvre and if it went wrong... well , saying 'all bets were off' would be a grave understatement.

"Probably a silly question right now," Rika asked, "but anything I can possibly do to help in all this?"

So much eldritch wossname and so little the ordinary folks could do... Or was there?

Wen wept with the sheer pain ripping into her, trying desperately to get herself to her feet, so that she could get onto the Big Boy. She managed to get one foot braced, but nothing else.

It would be risky, a matter of trust where none had been forged as yet, but Grace wasn't up for leaving anyone, especially Wen, behind. Grace turned to Rika.

"Quickly, wrap yourself round the door handle, then grab my belt," she instructed, then nodded to Elspeth. "Have a towel ready and a shower - nice and hot, now you know how it works."

tag - Rika, Elspeth

"My life in your hands," she murmured to Rika, then leant out of the doorway. The wind rushed around her, shoving, buffeting, not unlike a 'warm welcome' from Anteros when he was in one of his moods. Placing all her faith in the hand on her belt, she bent down, reaching for Wen's hands as they approached.

"Derowen," she yelled against the mailstrom. "Come on!"

tag - Wen

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:33 am

"Quickly, wrap yourself round the door handle, then grab my belt," she instructed, then nodded to Elspeth. "Have a towel ready and a shower - nice and hot, now you know how it works."

tag - Rika

Elspeth felt her whole body release, her muscles ached with the pain from being clenched for so long, and it was as if she was waking up. Shaking her head to clear it she looked at the Second and nodded her understanding. She rose quickly and made her way back and started the shower, making sure to close the door so the steam would be trapped inside.

"Ready when you are." she called over the thunder.

"My life in your hands," she murmured to Rika, then leant out of the doorway. The wind rushed around her, shoving, buffeting, not unlike a 'warm welcome' from Anteros when he was in one of his moods. Placing all her faith in the hand on her belt, she bent down, reaching for Wen's hands as they approached.

"Derowen," she yelled against the mailstrom. "Come on!"

tag - Wen

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby LrShadow » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:07 pm

OOC: I was inspired to add this. We can remove it if we need:
IC:

The storm came, just as he knew it would. He was so tired and the on coming storm had made his bones hurt but he had one last act that he must do... or they would not making it. Nathan Scott pushed against the outer stone he had been resting against for the past few hours, moving carefully due to the heavy iron chain and cuffs he still wore from his capture. Wisps of white fluffy hair framed his wrinkled face, but his eyes still shined with the Blue and Red glow from the accident many years ago.

"One last time, one last trip, just one more stand for you my little girl. My girl who was never mine and yet will always be my heart."

The wind seemed to grasp his words and whip them away, he could almost see them and wished for them to touch the ears of is Wen. But he could not spare the power he had left to make it happen, so he could only wish that the wind would listen and know his last farewell.

Stepping around the stones Nathan could not see the others in the Big Boy, but Derowen was just barely in sight of the edge of the vortex. He tried to catch her eye, but could not be certain she could even see through the pain she was going through. Turning to task he reached into his pocket and pulled out his fist holding it up toward the portal. Left hand reaching down to the earth he connected with the underground Layline while his right fist rose allowing him to connect to the airborne Laylines. Using his own words of power he connected himself to the portal and shared just a bit of the pain that Derowen and Quin both felt.

'It's my turn to repay some favors... I am sorry for abandoning you.' he let the words whisper in their minds as he took the brunt of the power from them. His mind roared with the controlled chaotic energies ripping him to shreds piece by piece. Nathans body, old and withered, started to betray him, but it was his sheer will that locked him in place even as the blood started to drip from his nose, ears and eyes.

'Be free... go home... do more good deeds!' was the last coherant words he could send as the maelstrom took the last of Nathan Scott to his final resting place.

TAG all

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Quin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Quin did what he was born to do, the shard of the Sword in his arm probably helped he would never know.

He drove, he drove as he had never driven before, instinctively, every move and action just right. As Wen summoned the storm and the Rift the shard in his arm burned bright.

He couldn't even remember drawing a breath, he and the vehicle were one it was if he was controlling it with the power of his mind.

He was vaguely aware of the rescue that was going on the effort being taken to bring Wen back on board. He was also aware of another presence one he couldn't see but one he felt was there. He would have to process that thought later. He knew he was going to come down from this high with a major low but for now Quin was in his element.

He shut his eyes and some primal tribal memory made him howl at the storm. Grace would have a field day with that.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Kris » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:57 am

So much eldritch wossname and so little the ordinary folks could do... Or was there?

It would be risky, a matter of trust where none had been forged as yet, but Grace wasn't up for leaving anyone, especially Wen, behind. Grace turned to Rika.

tag - Rika, Elspeth

Grace's life was in her hands, and it wasn't something she dared to let go of. Rika wrapped herself as tight as she could around the door handle before grabbing hold of Grace's belt.

"I won't let go at all. You get her back in here!"

She couldn't see past the storm she was looking into, and she didn't dare look back inside as she kept an eye on Grace and did her best to watch Wen. Something was going on with Quin, she could just tell, but wasn't sure what it was. There were different things with each person of this group that they had special, and then there was here.

She was the one that was holding onto Grace with every ounce of strength she still had left in her. She wasn't going to allow the rain or anything else to loosen her grip on the belt and the door, no matter how badly it wanted too.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:44 pm

"You BLOODY insane FOOL!" Brock's voice roared into the storm. "Get up on your feet you COWARD! Giving up? How dare you give up! Get up. Stand up!"

Brock strode at the edge of the vortex, waving his hands in the air, trying not to give into the tears that he felt burning their way to freedom.

"GET UP! You worthless, snivelling snot of a housemaid! Get on your feet. DO IT!"

From somewhere inside the agony, Derowen heard the words. She felt the emotion bearing down on her, and collapsed to both knees again. She wrenched her hands apart again.

From somewhere else she felt it, the tug. Something, no.. someone.. else was in here with her and Quin. She raised her eyes, searching for whoever it was. And found him, just in time to watch as Nathan's incandescent body flowed into the vortex.

TAG - all.

"Derowen," Grace yelled against the mailstrom. "Come on!"

Wen turned her head, seeing the Big Boy speeding down towards her, and a pair of hands reaching out of the open door.

"GET UP ON YOUR FEET YOU UNGRATEFUL BI*CH!" Screamed Brock, now sure that the next time he saw Wen, she was going to be a crumpled mess on the ground.

"Brock.." She breathed. "Grace.." she said. "I will not bloody well give in.." she swore.

Just as the Big Boy sped past her, she turned and reached for the hands. At first grasping them strongly, but then slipping. She scrabbled to get a better hold, seeing only the wide eyes of her friend, the grimace of determination. Wen slipped.

TAG - all.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:57 am

Elspeth had the two largest towels she could find all spread out and ready to be used as she watched the others work. They were amazing! In all her years of service she had never been close to seeing the sights she was witnessing now, and it both awed and scared her. It even allowed her to forget the pain in her head that felt like it was trying to twist away from the vortex even as the rushed forward to meet it.

"GET UP ON YOUR FEET YOU UNGRATEFUL BI*CH!" Screamed Brock, now sure that the next time he saw Wen, she was going to be a crumpled mess on the ground.

"Brock.." She breathed. "Grace.." she said. "I will not bloody well give in.." she swore.

Just as the Big Boy sped past her, she turned and reached for the hands. At first grasping them strongly, but then slipping. She scrabbled to get a better hold, seeing only the wide eyes of her friend, the grimace of determination. Wen slipped.

Without thought, Elspeths body leapt forward and under Rika.

*TWIST*

Reality warmed around her and Elspeth feared that this Universe was rejecting her already. The pain in her head intensified and the air around her seemed to dimple inward.

"No, not now..." she yelled and clenched her teeth. Reaching out as best she could she grabbed at Derowen to see if she too could help bring this powerful woman back inside. "GET IN HER CRAZY LADY!" she yelled as the dimple in reality returned to normal.

TAG all

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Foxy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:01 am

Grace swore.

"Further out!" she hollered at Rika, diving at Wen and grabbing anything she could - a scrap of cloth, a handful of hair. It wasn't elegant or comfortable, but it would have to do.

tag - Wen

"PULL!"

tag - Rika

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Derowen reached desperately for a handhold, legs tucked against herself so that she didn't get pulled under by the tires of the big boy.

Another pair of hands reached out of the door, and it was one of them that she managed to snag. This gave her the touch of stability she needed to hook an arm around the edge of the door, though not enough to drag herself inside the machine thundering towards the gaping maw of the vortex ahead.

TAG - all

Then they entered the very edge of the immense power, and things became.. well.. odd. Someone, who she later found out was Grace, managed to get hold of Wen's bodysuit, and yanked hard enough that seams gave way and fabric gave up trying to hold together. But it was enough, barely enough, for Derowen to get the momentum she needed.

With a last effort, right as the vortex sucked them in, Derowen landed on the floor of the Big Boy. She sprawled on the floor, panting and shivering. The body suit in tatters, her hair matted to her face, and soaked to the skin.

"Thanks..." she said through lips that were turning purplish. "Wouldn't have made it without you." The shivers set in then, and Wen curled into a tight ball, hoping to hold some body warmth in.

TAG - all.

((OOC - yup.. she's basically nekkid, and freezing.))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:58 am

"Further out!" she hollered at Rika, diving at Wen and grabbing anything she could - a scrap of cloth, a handful of hair. It wasn't elegant or comfortable, but it would have to do.

Tightening her grip, Rika shifted her feet closer to the open door, allowing Grace to reach further out. Her hand was starting to feel the pain of how tightly the belt was wrapped around it and the other on how tightly she was holding onto the door handle.

"PULL!"

That was all she needed to hear as she pulled both herself further into big boy as well as pulled on the belt to get Wen and Grace inside.

The last final pull landed her flat on her backside, her hands bright red and aching from the grips she'd held. But Wen was back on board.

Seeing how cold Wen looked, Rika looked over to Elspeth after pushing her hair from her face.

"Get her wrapped up and into that warm shower!"

Tags
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby LrShadow » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Elspeth had herself wedged in so her left arm and part of her torso was outside the door, but the rest was inside and hanging on. She had just grasped some part of Derowen when Elspeth heard the Second yell.

"PULL!"

That was all she needed to hear as she pulled both herself further into big boy as well as pulled on the belt to get Wen and Grace inside.

A scream escaped as her left arm dislocated trying to help them pull her in, but the storm ripped the sound outside. She tugged herself in as the others worked to finish helping the One back into the Big Boy as Elspeth took a moment to breath.

The last final pull landed her flat on her backside, her hands bright red and aching from the grips she'd held. But Wen was back on board.

Seeing how cold Wen looked, Rika looked over to Elspeth after pushing her hair from her face.

"Get her wrapped up and into that warm shower!"

Nodding, Elspeth got up awkwardly, wrapping her good arm around Derowen and partially dragging her to the hot shower that was already going. Using her bad arm as a guide caused her to bite back another cry but she didn't let it out. Using her legs she finally got the freezing woman partially in the shower, ripped clothes and all.

"Stand up for me honey, come on... hot shower first, then a nice hot toddy to ease what ails ya."

TAG Derowen

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Foxy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:02 pm

With a last effort, right as the vortex sucked them in, Derowen landed on the floor of the Big Boy. She sprawled on the floor, panting and shivering. The body suit in tatters, her hair matted to her face, and soaked to the skin.

There was a lot of flesh showing. Not even looking to check if Quin was distracted, Grace rattled out, “Eyes front, Soldier!”

tag – Quin

"Thanks..." Wen said through lips that were turning purplish. "Wouldn't have made it without you."

“Team effort,” Grace grunted, thankful that Rika and strange teleporty woman had played their part and not dropped her. Maybe they could build something out of this, after all.

Tag – Rika

Nodding, Elspeth got up awkwardly, wrapping her good arm around Derowen and partially dragging her to the hot shower that was already going. Using her bad arm as a guide caused her to bite back another cry but she didn't let it out. Using her legs she finally got the freezing woman partially in the shower, ripped clothes and all.

"Stand up for me honey, come on... hot shower first, then a nice hot toddy to ease what ails ya."

“That I can do something about,” Grace pulled out her secret stash bottle and set up the small but surprisingly hi-tech hob, looking for a pan to use to warm the highly alcoholic liquid through. She glanced over her shoulder – the woman was trying to hide it, but she was in pain and her shoulder was at an odd angle, likely dislocated. “Need a hand with that? I'm not a medic, but I can hold it still if you want to try working it back in...”

tag - Elspeth

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Quin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:25 am

There was a lot of flesh showing. Not even looking to check if Quin was distracted, Grace rattled out, “Eyes front, Soldier!”

Quin wasn't aware that Grace was talking to him, he heard her but the words didn't register. He couldn't turn round even if he'd wanted to, the effort of holding the vehicle steady was too much. He was aware that Wen was back inside and the weird connection between them told her that she was in a bad way. The others would look after her, Quin had no doubts about that. His job was to drive.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:27 am

"Don't.... touch.. me..." hissed Derowen, from the floor. She slowly pulled herself to her feet. "If you want to live, don't touch me.."

She staggered to the front of the big boy, staring into the energy that swirled around them. With a small groan, she raised her clasped hands again, channelling the energy that was needed to keep the vortex open long enough for them to get home. She gritted her teeth, braced her feet and moved her hands apart. Intense violets faded into paler hues as the vortex stabilized.

"That.. should.. help.. foot down Quin love... "

TAG - Quin
TAG - All

Brock watched the Big Boy vanish into a blaze of sparks and shards. The storm abruptly abated, leaving behind that odd moment where the skies were still dark, but sunshine caught the brilliant raindrops. A rainbow arched above the stones. Fitting, he mused.

Without another word to the tourists, he returned to his car, slipping into the drivers seat.

"Well, you're on your way." he said to the woman sitting in the passenger seat. "You're going to have some good people in the future by the looks of it. Didn't recognize any of them though. You thinking of firing the lot of us?"

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:24 pm

"Don't.... touch.. me..." hissed Derowen, from the floor. She slowly pulled herself to her feet. "If you want to live, don't touch me.."

She staggered to the front of the big boy, staring into the energy that swirled around them. With a small groan, she raised her clasped hands again, channelling the energy that was needed to keep the vortex open long enough for them to get home. She gritted her teeth, braced her feet and moved her hands apart. Intense violets faded into paler hues as the vortex stabilized.

"That.. should.. help.. foot down Quin love... "

Quin hardly needed to be told. The foot went down and he drove through the violet. They were going home. He could feel Wen's presence beside him. They wouldn't have made it without her unique skills.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby LrShadow » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 am

“That I can do something about,” Grace pulled out her secret stash bottle and set up the small but surprisingly hi-tech hob, looking for a pan to use to warm the highly alcoholic liquid through. She glanced over her shoulder – the woman was trying to hide it, but she was in pain and her shoulder was at an odd angle, likely dislocated. “Need a hand with that? I'm not a medic, but I can hold it still if you want to try working it back in...”

Elspeth nodded, making sure not to touch Derowen as she did... whatever it was she was doing. An image of an older man seem to form briefly in the vortex, looking in on them with his mouth moving. She heard no words but his face was soothing somehow. She turned back to Second... "Grace," she spoke her name instead of title more to herself, "that would be helpful."

Grace was strong, far stronger then Elspeth imagined, and she held her arm firm as Elspeth took several long deep breaths. With a small cry and a grunt her arm was back in place and a few bruises with Graces finger prints on her forearm, but the pain was bearable now. Glancing back out the forward window to see if the face was still there, but it was just swirling vortex of madness and doom. Elspeth turned back to Grace. "Thank you!" she nodded her head in respect.

With a bit more ease, Elspeth returned to the back making sure the shower was still running nice and hot and the towels and blankets were at the ready. Sooner or later Derowen would be done with her job, then it would be time for her to rest, Elspeth was betting on a crash.

"Ready." she whispered, knowing with the raging storm it wouldn't matter much if they yelled.

TAG all

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

PreviousNext

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes