A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Re: A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Postby Foxy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:44 am

"So, think the girl is coming with us back to our time?" Rika asked.

"I think the girl has a name she hasn't told us, or I missed." Wen replied. "And yes, I think we're the best people to help at the moment. Hope she can come back to our time with us."

"And given her method of arrival," Grace grimaced - good luck to this decade's Brock and Wen tidying that one up, "she's unlikely to be from now anyway, so we may as well get her out of here..."

She turned to now not-so-naked-lady.

"There's a shower at the back of the van. I'll show you the controls. I'm Grace, by the way. And you are...?"

tag - Elspeth

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:45 pm

"Elspeth, Elspeth Panthers. Good to meet you, Grace." She looked them each in the eye, letting herself be herself which was very out of the ordinary for her. Some little voice in the back of her mind even doubted she was doing that right and whispered that she never really had a heart to begin with. A small sigh escaped her as she easily stood and slinked through the van as easily as her last names namesake. "Good to meet you all, and I'm sorry for any trouble I have caused Torchwood."

Part of her burned from the torment she had endured so many years, but mostly she was tired of all the games and the huge distance she had had to push everyone she ever met. Arms reach was as close as had been allowed, that is probably a good distance to keep everyone at any time, her small silent voice advised.

"Thank you!" she said as Grace finished the lesson on the shower, which impressed her greatly for such a small space. She did not waste any time getting undressed and showered as quickly as possible. It was not the cleanest she had ever been, but three to four minutes of dutiful application of soap and she was already hopping out of the shower.

"Anything else stashed in here that could be used besides the dress?" her eyes caught Graces, "No offense intended."

TAG
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'
- G'kar and Sheridan, The Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles

Yahoo= LrShadow
=============================

Ranger Zed McCann - X Trinidad Station (R.I.P.)

Nathan Scott - Torchwood 10
LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:32 am

"You haven't caused any trouble for Torchwood," called Wen as Elspeth headed for the shower. This would give the team a couple of moments to plan, though not much.

"Right," Derowen began, as the door closed to the small shower at the back. "She comes with us, I've no idea what is going on. I'm guessing traveller from another world? Dimension? I don't remember this happening at all, so we're changing something. Have to roll with it. Try not to kill yourself as a kid and all that stuff."

TAGs

"Anything else stashed in here that could be used besides the dress?" Elspeth's eyes caught Graces, "No offense intended."

"Girls got a point Grace. That's a particularly awful dress, what were you doing with it?" Remarked Wen, from her spot up near Quin. She'd decided after the quick conversation to park herself there and keep him company. "Hey, watch out for that mini.."

TAG - Quin
TAG - Grace

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:30 pm

"Right," Derowen began, as the door closed to the small shower at the back. "She comes with us, I've no idea what is going on. I'm guessing traveller from another world? Dimension? I don't remember this happening at all, so we're changing something. Have to roll with it. Try not to kill yourself as a kid and all that stuff."

"I'm guessing time rather than space," offered Grace, "unless its both and an Earth Colony. Elspeth's too obviously derived from Elisabeth as a base. Unless of course that isn't her real name either..."

tag

"Anything else stashed in here that could be used besides the dress?" Elspeth's eyes caught Grace's, "No offense intended."

"Girl's got a point Grace. That's a particularly awful dress, what were you doing with it?" Remarked Wen, from her spot up near Quin.

"I was... not being me at the time," replied Grace. She still had the blond hair to go with it and was itching to dye it back again as soon as possible. Under cover was all very well, but she was ready to be herself again. That being said, the envelope Quin had... purloined... for her was still in her jacket pocket and nudging her to do something about it - when they got back. "There's bound to be something around..." She checked a couple of the storage chests. "Ha - surgical scrubs?"

tag

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Rika listened and chuckled a bit. The girl, who apparently called herself Elspeth, was right. The dress was slightly hideous. Leaning back a bit in the seat she was in, she watched out one of the windows. When Grace mentioned the surgical scrubs, she nodded.

"Better than that dress. I don't see how that dress ever was something that was to be worn."

When Wen mentioned to Quin to watch out for the Mini, she looked up. She didn't get much of a chance to see the cars of this time, though almost hitting them wasn't her idea of wanting to see them.

"I swear, this place has got everything, even a shower in here for use. This all keeps amazing me, this Torchwood stuff. Feel like I should be doing more to help than just sitting her looking pretty."
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby LrShadow » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:32 pm

"Thank you!" she gratefully accepted the hospital scrubs, the green in her eyes darkening a bit as she slipped into the well worn green scrubs. These looked like they had a bit of wear, but she felt that she filled them out nicely. Spying a black and gray piece of material she was happy to see it was a long scarf with some odd patterns on one side. A twist around her neck the rest draped down her back to be wound around her thin waist with just enough to hand off her hip to not look to odd.

"Sufficiently covered?" she asked the group in general. Her eyes picked out the other girl she had not really gotten time to check out. Their eyes met and Elspeth could see she had much potential, but there was a furtiveness to her gaze the spoke how young of a soul she was, but one that was more then eager to learn. So, she thought, we have the boy who pleases, the warrior woman in charge and her ... overly protective and somehow damaged second in charge, those two seemed very much alike but one had an ancient tired soul, the other... middle age maybe, and then lastly the young... protegee? A bit light for a TW team she quietly mused. Quickly her eyes scanned each of them in turn, still accessing but nodded as they started to reply.

TAG all
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:39 pm

"Sufficiently covered?" asked Elspeth. Derowen nodded. "That'll do."

Under Quin's delicate driving touch, the Big Boy soon reached the area around Stonehenge. As they drove along the last stretch, close to the stones, Wen thought (not for the first time) that it was the oddest thing. A major sacred site, loaded with history. And a main road less than a mile away from it. Always did her head in that did.

"Any sign of Brock? He's got hair in this time period." She said, suddenly leaning forward. "Probably a green duffle coat."

TAGs

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:25 pm

The nearer they got to the stones the more uncomfortable Quin felt. He'd been very quiet since leaving the pub. He hoped the others hadn't noticed. Looking for Brock gave him something to do, the stones were more accessible in this time zone and the barriers that had come later were not yet there.

A thought came into his head and the words were said before he even had time to think what it was he was saying.

"I was here," he said. "With Merlin."
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:01 pm

"I was here, with Merlin." The voice was quieter than she was used to hearing from Quin. But that was of less impact than the words themselves. Derowen touched a ring she wore on her right hand, a black stone set into an intricate band. Not big, or even all that pretty. But a ring she wore so often it wasn't even worth noticing.

"Merlin." She echoed, her own voice sounding distant to her ears. It was hard to find the emotional balance. She tried so hard not to think about Merlin, John.. her lover, her friend, Her jailer, her deepest enemy. The man who met her own passions, and honed them into the weapon she'd been for Torchwood back then. Now lost to some mechanical device that didn't feel right, taste right and certainly couldn't drink the way they used to. Merlin, with all the things that invoked for her.

"What happened?" Derowen asked. She looked past them all into a memory that none of them could share with her.

TAG - Quin
((And Tag anyone else who wishes to comment too! Don't just stick with when you're tagged yourself!))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Glancing around the group Elspeth had the distinct feeling that they were not all on the same page together. 'Some team.' she thought to herself before looking out the forward display... view port... window? She could not make up her mind what it was called for this reality, until her eyes found the stones far ahead. The numbers started ticking instantly through her mind as she realized what it was she was looking at.

"Amazing..." she whispered almost to herself, "I've never seen them all together or so intact." Elspeth was alot of things, but first and foremost she had always been one of the foremost dealers in antiquities. She was only half listening to the others, her mind working on the value of the entire set, which was staggering.

"So is that why you are here, to steal those from this Brock or Merlin men?" The words slipped out of her mouth before she thought. Shaking her head, her eyes refocused, "Wait, Merlin's artifacts are worth quite a bit as well... but, he's not still here is he?"

Elspeth looked around worried again, the Merlin she had met once swore he would make her pay no matter where she fled, and he had been very scary indeed.

TAG any/all

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Quin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:27 pm

"Merlin." She echoed, her own voice sounding distant to her ears. It was hard to find the emotional balance. She tried so hard not to think about Merlin, John.. her lover, her friend, Her jailer, her deepest enemy. The man who met her own passions, and honed them into the weapon she'd been for Torchwood back then. Now lost to some mechanical device that didn't feel right, taste right and certainly couldn't drink the way they used to. Merlin, with all the things that invoked for her.

"What happened?" Derowen asked. She looked past them all into a memory that none of them could share with her.

"I died," Quin said. His face was bleak and he was trying to remember. "The King was there, we were guarding something from someone, our armour was no match for their weapons. I died."

Quin shuddered as he remembered.

"How can I have memories of something that happened so long ago?" He asked.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Kris » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:40 pm

"Wha?"

Rika got a confused look on her face. She knew that she was the youngest of the group and would not have any memories of this time. But at the same time, the memories that the others were having didn't seem good at all.

"I'm not going to ask who Merlin is, not my place. But is it honestly good to be remembering all of this right as we're set to go into the same area, and attempt to go back to our own time? If we change something by being here more than we already have..."

There was something going on, something she didn't like. She looked between all of them and tried to gauge their expressions.

Tags
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:07 pm

"Yes it is," Derowen stated, flatly. "We have history with Merlin, and frankly, remembering just how powerful he is will probably keep us alive." Wen shot Rika one of those looks. "We have got to get you into orientation, and soon."

TAG - Rika

Quin she knew she was going to go and support soon. His eyes were darting around, as though he was seeking something to anchor to. She knew exactly where he was getting this memory from. Or potentially. The shard in his arm had to be reacting to the closeness of the stones. But then again, maybe he was remembering something she had no idea about. Either way, she wanted to be there when he actually went into the stones. It was her job, and more importantly, it was what you do for your friends.

However, there was something else that she found more.. urgent, in that moment.

"What do you mean, steal them?" She asked their newcomer.

TAG - Elspeth

================

A moment or two later, nodding from the answer that Elspeth gave (and figuring that she would check up on it later), she started looking for Brock. With a grin, she pointed through the windscreen. "Over there. Orange trousers."

TAG - all

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:14 pm

"Any sign of Brock? He's got hair in this time period." She said, suddenly leaning forward. "Probably a green duffle coat." 

Grace stayed quiet as the topic of conversation moved on to Merlin. That had been an adventure of much weirdness and altogether far too little alcohol.

With a grin, Wen pointed through the windscreen. "Over there. Orange trousers."

"Orange trousers, a green duffle coat and THAT hairdo? Seriously? He looks like he should be hanging out with the Scooby Gang!" Grace scoffed. She pulled out her phone, ready to take a photo. "This is too good an opportunity to miss. I'm getting some blackmail material..."

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 pm

"I'll have you know, I had to burn that duffle coat. In about ten years from now." Wen chuckled. "Pull up beside him. His car is the Cortina. Now we have to hope that I'm not here anywhere, because that could get messy."

TAGs

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:22 am

Quin steered towards the Ford Cortina, would have been just amazing if it had been a Prefect. He was still feeling perturbed by his flashback but was beginning to understand why the Stones had creeped him out on that long ago school trip.

"Can we take the Cortina back with us?" He asked. "Can I keep it please?"

It was yellow with a black stripe, a thing of beauty.

OOC- We had a yellow Cortina with a black stripe.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Kris » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:36 am

Rika huffed and sat back in her seat. It wasn't exactly her fault that they'd been on one big long mission ever since she joined.

"Orange trousers, a green duffle coat and THAT hairdo? Seriously? He looks like he should be hanging out with the Scooby Gang!" Grace scoffed. She pulled out her phone, ready to take a photo. "This is too good an opportunity to miss. I'm getting some blackmail material..."

This caught her ear and she looked up and through the window.

"That is a rather ugly look honestly. I've seen those duffle coats before, never was a fan." She glanced to Wen, "I'm glad you burned it, though sad you waited ten years from this point to do it."

"Can we take the Cortina back with us?" He asked. "Can I keep it please?"

"You want that car? I guess it isn't horrible, yellow just isn't my color."

She was trying to keep up with the conversations, which was hard at that point.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:22 am

"Those duffle coats are all the rage at the moment. The locals are likely to look at what we're wearing and think our clothes are odd." Wen said. She touched Quin on the shoulder briefly as he parked the Big Boy.

"Alright Quin love?" she asked quietly. "We'll get through it. Be back home fairly quick. Storm's coming. We'll go through then."

TAG - Quin

She hadn't even looked outside at the clear skies when she said this. Had not even thought to do so. Somehow, she knew.

Turning to the rest of the group, she gestured towards the door. "On your left, you will find the most lovely of monuments, known as Stonehenge. Our guide, who has spotted us and is heading this way pretty quickly, is Brock, my chief of operations at Torchwood Ten's hub. He will be more than happy to provide us with chips and fizzy pop."

TAG - all.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:29 am

"What do you mean, steal them?" She asked their newcomer.

"Umm, yeah. Old habits I guess." she started to let it go, but the look in this womans eyes made her continue. "Well, where I am from I worked with antiques and the Stonehenge set was a largely sought after prize and I had heard that several of the stones were stolen from their original site but had never resurfaced. I thought... maybe since we were in the past that your group might have been the ones to do that." she shrugged. Truth be told she had never heard what had truly happened to them, but the original site was nothing more then a very large hole.

A moment or two later, nodding from the answer that Elspeth gave (and figuring that she would check up on it later), she started looking for Brock. With a grin, she pointed through the windscreen. "Over there. Orange trousers."

Elspeth frowned when she saw the outfit, even the car was beyond her taste, although she did have to admit the color was... well, sunny.

"Those duffle coats are all the rage at the moment. The locals are likely to look at what we're wearing and think our clothes are odd." Wen said. She touched Quin on the shoulder briefly as he parked the Big Boy.

"Alright Quin love?" she asked quietly. "We'll get through it. Be back home fairly quick. Storm's coming. We'll go through then."

TAG - Quin

She hadn't even looked outside at the clear skies when she said this. Had not even thought to do so. Somehow, she knew.

Turning to the rest of the group, she gestured towards the door. "On your left, you will find the most lovely of monuments, known as Stonehenge. Our guide, who has spotted us and is heading this way pretty quickly, is Brock, my chief of operations at Torchwood Ten's hub. He will be more than happy to provide us with chips and fizzy pop."

It had been long enough since her stomach was emptied that the prospect of food sounded good. Although the mentioned of them returning to their own time might end up making things just as bad.

"How soon until we make the trip? Im not sure my stomach will hold out through the trip, but some of this fizzy pop sounds nice!" her stomach gave a loud grumble.

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Foxy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:19 pm

"Our guide, who has spotted us and is heading this way pretty quickly, is Brock, my chief of operations at Torchwood Ten's hub. He will be more than happy to provide us with chips and fizzy pop."

"The fizz I can live without," observed Grace, "but chips would be very welcome. In this era - deep fat fried and covered in salt and vinegar..." She stretched, as if preparing herself. "If they're wrapped in newspaper, I may even drown in nostalgia."

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Quin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Quin nodded, Wen's touch was reassuring. The shard in his arm gave them a link and he literally trusted her with his life.

"I'm fine," he said. "Won't let you down."
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Brock was indeed heading over, dressed in his finery. He was curious about this Grace person who had been sending him messages. And it was always fun to see what Derowen was dressed in when she showed up from a different time.

As soon as the huge vehicle had come to a stop, he knocked on the door. When it glided open, he practically bounced up the stairs, looking at each of them in turn. "Alright then." He said in his perfectly perfect BBC english voice. "Torchwood Ten from the future. Very exciting. May I ask what it was that you did down in Bodmin? Weather reports are coming in that there is a major storm heading inland."

TAG

He bowed his head slightly to Derowen. "And the lovely Wen, rounding up the posse, as it were. What the hell have you done darling?"

Wen stared at him, her eyes narrowing slightly. Then a bright grin crossed her face and she hugged the man standing in front of her, duffle coat and all.

"Brock, you are a sight for sore eyes. Got any food?" She asked.

"I should have known. Dear Brock, save our asses, love the team. By the way, we're starving. Don't you ever feed them?"

Brock busied himself figuring out what everyone wanted from the ice cream / chip van parked nearby.

TAG - all.

((For those of you who do not know, Brock looks like this: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BM ... 4,317_.jpg ))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:27 am

None of them had been in her research, none of their names had ever jogged her memory as having been a part of TW HQ. Holding herself small and quiet like Elspeth watched the others in their sudden "reunion". Wen, Number One, was apparently immortal, or so long lived that time hadn't changed her much. At least that was the impression Elspeth got from the general conversations. She of all of them should have been somewhere in her research and Elspeth had researched TW HQs history all the way back to the Queen herself.

"Anything is fine, I am not terribly picky." she replied when Brock asked her what she would like from the truck. She slipped back to the furthest seat still feeling a bit out of place, which was exactly what she was both literally and figuratively. She let out a long heavy sigh as they joked around with each other.

All these many centuries of bouncing from place to place... this was the first time she did not have a game plan or a ruse in place, or an idea at all of what to do next. They talked about going through a rift to another time, which worried Elspeth as she had never been able to travel through dimensional rifts before. There was no telling what would happen with a time rift, hopefully nothing. Apparently they would find out soon enough... maybe she would get lucky and the silicon chip would end up killing her. Wishful thinking there she mused. Another quiet sigh and she settled into the very comfortable chair, letting her eyes rest for a bit.

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Quin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Brock busied himself figuring out what everyone wanted from the ice cream / chip van parked nearby.

"A 99 for me please," Quin asked. "Oh and a can of cream soda too."

He doubted that they had diet drinks in this era, that was fine the sugar would be good. He felt that he needed sugar and a lot of it.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:50 am

Brock arrived back in short order with the first run of food for the team, and vanished for a few minutes to retrieve the next.

Once everyone was taken care of, he sat down next to Wen and looked over the team. His eyes lingered on Rika, Grace and Elspeth. "Right ladies, which one of you was sending me messages?" he asked. "Might as well get a good idea now. So I can say thank you when you get wherever you're going. Derowen, you do know where you're going, right?"

Wen cuffed him across the back of the head with a laugh.

TAG the ladies on the bus, as it were.

Once introductions had been made properly, Brock sobered. "Storm is best time to attempt this. It's going to be rough, and I heard a rumour that Jack is somewhere around, causing problems."

"Harkness." Wen's voice was low, angry. She hadn't forgotten the chaos they'd returned to after their time with the Big Bad Wolf, and the fact that he'd sacrificed his own grandson to .. She turned her head away for a moment, busying herself with chips. She licked ketchup off her fingers.

"Harkness," agreed Brock, not knowing in the least her inner turmoil. "He won't like this Wen. Our budget might get cut. Picky lad is Jack."

A low rumble of thunder cut through the air.

"Bloody hell that storm is moving quick.." Brock glanced out of the window in shock. Clouds were boiling up the horizon. "Looks like about 30 minutes. We'll have to hurry."

TAG - all.

Brock took a moment in the confusion to touch Grace on the arm. "Right, so drinks are on yeah?" He whispered in her ear. "I won't forget."

TAG - Grace

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes