A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Re: A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Postby Quin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Quin finished his tea and set the cup down carefully in its saucer. He was going to drive through the stones, of course he was. He really had no choice which was probably a good thing, he decided he wouldn,t think about it just pedal to the metal and drive.

"Curly wurlys," he said reflectively. "Could never see the attraction. Give me a Snickers any day. did they have them in the 70s?"
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:40 am

Derowen thought for a moment, before replying to Quin. "I think they were Marathons in the 70's. Could be wrong though. I never quite understood the whole buying a chocolate bar thing. It's out of my era, so to speak. I was always about the whole getting the wood stove up and running before the mistress got out of bed."

Wen sighed. This was as close as they'd gotten to relaxing in a long time. It was bliss.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:10 pm

"Marathons," Grace confirmed. "Back when Starburst were Opal Fruits, Oil of Olay was Oil of Ulay and everyone thought Rock Hudson was straight."

She took another sip of beer.

"Actually, there's a thought... what is the actual date? I might even remember the winner of the next Grand National, if you fancy making a few bob... Or we could buy shares in Apple?" She grinned, mischievously. "Seems a shame to waste the opportunity."

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Kris » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Rika chuckled as she listened to the others talking. She was so much younger than them and had no idea most of the things they were talking about. The things had nothing to do with Torchwood, but that didn't mean it didn't confuse the hell out of her.

Sipping the drink again, she sat forward a bit, trying to find a way into the conversation. When finding back ways to make money came up, she could only smirk and push her hair out of her face. The beer was tasting pretty good by that point, and she could only hope that she wouldn't finish it too fast to want another before they left. After all, where would that money come from?

"Shares in Apple? How much would those be worth in our time anyways? Wait, that'll just make my brain hurt more than it already does from all of this."
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby LrShadow » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:53 pm

The rain pattered against the clear wall panel, blurring the forest trees into a haze of green below the Magna-chain train. For some it soothed the soul but for others it obstructed the view of a garden planet known as Eden's Host. This particular part of the reserve held many a rare and wonderful bird that sang to the tourists before being fed... except today was the fifth day in a row that the rain had fallen and all the birds were hiding somewhere much warmer then the trains path.

Elzpeth sighed not really caring for the birds, but terribly tired of the boredom. She chided herself almost instantly for thinking it, after all she had almost ten years of life without another "incident" occurring. A twinge of pain caused her right eye to close and a muscle in her cheek to tic. Reaching out she touched the clear wall causing it to return to normal blocking out the ongoing rain.

"Miss Panthers, are you all right?" an entirely to perky service girl called as she hurried over reaching out with her hand.

"Touch me with that appendage and I will break it." Elspeth barked in her annoyance, ignoring the pain that lingered more then was really there. "I know you 'caregivers' have to touch us to calm us as well as assess the situation, but if you try that on me..." she turned so her bright emerald green eyes flashed with the anger she felt so deep and true could be seen from the handful distance between them, "I will make sure that you will never work in this line of business again."

The little blond smiled politely, thinking Elspeth was sure, that this upstart rich woman would use her money and or influence to ruin her career when what she really meant was something far darker. Miss Caregiver took two more steps forward before she realized the look in those burning emerald eyes told the story and actually caused her to stop in her tracks.

"There ya go, now you're getting the picture." Elzpeth tapped the wall once more so she could see outside, and hid her face as another twitch of pain rolled down the right side.

'It would not be long now.' she thought as she caught sight of a flash of red down and to her left, but it was gone before her eyes could even focus on it.

"Ladies and Gentlmen, I am sorry to say that the forecast for today has not changed and it appears that we have been recalled to the planetary station. If you could return to your seats we will be preparing to detach from the chain rail and ascend in about thirteen minutes.

'Ah, galactic authorities must have figured things out by now.' she sighed, but made no move to return to her seat. The pain was building now, deep within her skull the silicon was twisting and jerking in minute ways. This reality must have had enough of her foreignness and once again she was about to be ejected to somewhere else.

'Hopefully it wasn't raining.' she thought, knowing there was nothing to be done.

'Shouldn't have gotten bored.' she mentally whined as the reality around her seemed to bend and twist like a bubble going out of shape. Blood trickled out her nose and pattered on her very expensive Ivory white shoes.

"Miss Panthers, I really must..."

Elzpeth felt the feather light touch on her shoulder and in her mind, the pain whispering away down the path and into this shamefully young girl who's mouth instantly locked in a silent scream. The poor girls face stretched and twisted as reality around Elzpeth pulled away and popped as it rubber banded back into place.

"I'm sorry hun, but I did warn you." she said as she casually broke the girls arm as well as the empathic contact. "You won't remember me in a moment anyway... after Im gone." she shoved the poor child away from her a heart beat before reality gave a huge lurch, twist, and literally SPIT Elzpeth out.

It was the cold she hated the most, the marrow chilling cold that tears away her very being into all directions, then together again as she encounters a new reality that she gets spit into. That was always the worst part about it all, well except that dam silicon chip in her head that never changes. The chip that is like a lead weight, a gravity well that never moves, that blasted chip that never changes and that to which her form is always attracted once more too.

Elzpeth lands on something warm and soft, her head not quite so lucky bangs into something hard and unyielding. And then comes the screaming.... Not hers but someone elses, nothing unusual there.

Lifting her hands Elzpeth feels warm slimy liquid slide down her naked arms making more splattering noises setting someone else off to screaming. She sighs, and instantly regrets as she remembers what usually happens next. The contents of her breakfast decide this is the perfect place to also remove themselves from her presence, so she rolls over to her side and allows the projectile breakfast to exit as quickly as possible... onto some womans blond wig.

After about four or five heaves Elzpeth realizes that it's not a wig, but the left over remains of some other womans.... Sucking in the smoke filled air causes more heaving and choking and it is quite some time before she could stop and think clearly enough to cover her naked form.

Tag TW10 folks in the pub
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'
- G'kar and Sheridan, The Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles

Yahoo= LrShadow
=============================

Ranger Zed McCann - X Trinidad Station (R.I.P.)

Nathan Scott - Torchwood 10
LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:39 am

There was a beep from Derowen's pocket. She took a decent gulp of her pint before she dug out a small black item and turned it over to peer at the screen.

"Rift." she said quietly. "Or something similar to it, the energy signature is not quite the same. Drink up kids, we have to get going."

TAG

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Rika heard the beep from her own pocket but was in the middle of taking a drink when it came in and Wen pulled up the information before she could.

"And here I was enjoying relaxing after all that mess. Rift but not quite a rift? I really don't understand all this rift stuff...need to study up on it when we get back."

She finished off her drink and sighed.
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby LrShadow » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:07 pm

"IF YOU DO NOT STOP MOVING I WILL SHOOT YOU!" the young officer was now yelling at her while waving some sort of handgun. Elspeth assumed it was an officer of some kind since he was wearing what looked like a uniform with shiny badge things on his chest and the others in the establishment seemed to have looked at the man as if he was in charge. She sighed and carefully crossed her blood soaked arms and hands under her ample boosum before tossing her head to get the hair out of her eyes.

"So... 'officer'..." she drew out the word as offensively as she could, "you in your great and powerful wisdom would rather I remain seated.... in someones remains..." she raised an eyebrow equisitively, "rather then allow me to stand? Despite the fact, I might add, that I am completely naked and obviously unarmed?"

"You ... you appear out of no where and killed my date. You could be an alien for all I know and the answer is YES! NOW BE STILL OR I WILL KILL YOU!" the last bit he yelled with his eyes closed.

"She doesn't look like she was that pretty anyway." Elspeth muttered, but she remained where she was. Hopefully someone with cooler heads would show before she was shot. She was never sure what would happen if she died in a reality so she had always been... well, fairly careful? "Is this some sort of pub, because I could use a drink right about now?"
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:13 pm

The sound of raised voices cut through the babble in the pub.

"At a rough guess, I'd say we're needed in that general direction." Wen said, finishing her pint quickly and standing up.

""You ... you appear out of no where and killed my date. You could be an alien for all I know and the answer is YES! NOW BE STILL OR I WILL KILL YOU!" roared a voice. Derowen shook her head slightly. She dug into her pocket and pulled out a small black wallet sized thing that she opened quickly as if checking the contents.

This she started to wave around, while she shoved her way through to the location of the commotion.

"What exact... well.. you certainly know how to make an entrance.." she said, staring at the mess, and the naked woman sitting in the middle of what had been a blonde. Possibly a blonde. There was just a hair too much gore to be certain.

"Everyone step back! Give this man some room. What happened here?"

TAG - All

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:59 am

Grace perked up at the Rift Alert. Maybe they'd be home soon after all. Though maybe Quin had enough cash left for her to get a small something for the journey...

Then the screaming started.

"At a rough guess, I'd say we're needed in that general direction." Wen said, finishing her pint quickly and standing up.

Grace pulled a grimace at Rika. “Short version – Rift is bad if we don't want it, Good if we do and yes – we're the kind of people who run TOWARD a random scream, not away. Say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in...”

tag - Rika

Pausing only to reassure the barman that yes, they were the appropriate authorities and would he mind ushering the patrons through to the function room, she followed Derowen over.

"What exact... well.. you certainly know how to make an entrance.." she said, staring at the mess, and the naked woman sitting in the middle of what had been a blonde. Possibly a blonde. There was just a hair too much gore to be certain.

"Everyone step back! Give this man some room. What happened here?"

Grace reached into her backpack. She still had the horrid floral print dress she had done her runner in – god, how long ago had that been? - so not her style, which was rather the point at the time she'd been running, but now... well, she wouldn't miss it and if she needed to again, there was always another charity shop.

“Here.” She handed it to the naked woman. “You're probably around my size...”

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Quin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Quin looked once at the new arrival realised she was naked and quickly looked away again. Probably not quickly enough to avoid being teased by Grace later.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Kris » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Unsure of even what to do at that point, Rika just followed. She'd taken in what Grace said about the Rifts, and would remember that point later when it was needed. What caught her attention now was the fact that they were facing a naked woman who appeared at the same time.

Standing there all official-like, she pushed her red hair out of her face and looked at the surroundings. She felt very out of place, and as much as she wanted to get her hands dirty and help out, the others had more experience and she figured she'd just get in the way. Instead, she tried to help with crowd control, though with what just happened, it was a bit difficult.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby LrShadow » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Elspeth smirked as women started appearing waving badges, must be a female authority in this reality she thought. One of the women handed her a horrid dress, which she clasped with her lesser bloodied hand and frowned at it. She glanced around at the other women, and one man she noted who appeared to be a shade bit embarrassed by her nature of undress.

"I... uh," she handed the dress back, "I appreciate the sentiment but I wouldn't be caught dead in that."

Slowly she stood, making sure she had her footing and carefully stepping away from the remains. Most of the clientele seemed to have been ushered out and the young officer was trying to decide on where to point his firearm.

"I am sorry about the mess. And I really doubt you would believe me if I told you were I came from anyway." she stepped a little closer, tilting the mans face from his dates remains. "Seriously, I am sorry about your date sweetie, but you can do better." and gave him a peck on the cheek. Since she might be here a while it was always best to be on ones best behavior, at least from the start. Even though she was tired of this game, it was such an old game that she fell into it with practiced ease.

"And I did not do this on purpose." she waved her hand at the mess while addressing the first... this woman had a presence, and it dominated the room. Elspeth saw her, but felt overwhelmed when she looked directly at the woman. And there was the another one who was a bit more her equal, at least she thought that but was unsure at the moment. She was the one who hand handed her the horrid dress. Must be bad taste, although her current attire looked a little more to her own liking. Another lady, fresh as a daisy and twice as ripe for the picking... that one she could probably ignore. Their servant boy on the other hand moved with skill and his eyes missed nothing, he would be a problem. She stepped back, having dismissed the wayward uniformed man and sighed into the reality that this time it would not be an easy stay.

"I cannot imagine in any way shape or form you and your backward civilization would understand my situation." she slumped down as exhaustion flowed through her in waves. "I think I am ready to be put out of my misery though..."

Her body went chill as the last of the adrenalin left her body, goose-flesh seemed to roll over her in waves as the shock of travel took its toll. At least there was nothing left in her stomach to heave up any more. True tears sparkled in her eyes as she tucked her arms around her legs and dropped her forehead to her arms, letting out a very tired sigh.

TAG all.

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Foxy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:02 am

Grace eyed the "officer". No British bobby would be sitting in a pub with a big badge on. Certainly not in this decade. She stood directly in front of him, eyeing his badge. Plastic. Narrowed it down... Velcro fastening on the shirt.

Oh yeah.

"Strippergram, right?" She challenged him.

The gun wavered, then dropped.

"Er, yeah. Thought I could, you know, hold her til the proper authorities got here..."

Grace sighed. "One -we ARE the proper authorities, Two - impersonating a police officer is an offence. But, if you do fancy being heroic, how about taking this poor bereaved guy over to the bar and getting him a double whiskey..."

"Oh... Righty ho... Would you just come along with me, sir? We'll get you sorted out."

She turned back to Naked Miss Snooty.

"You're not going to be seen dead in or out if the dress today. Did you have a Plan B...?"

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:14 pm

Elspeth wondered what the heck a strippergram was, but her thoughts were derailed by the thought of a double anything as the young man was escorted away. Then the fiery woman, she just had to be the second in charge as the larger force was watching everything with careful calculation... and restraint she realized. The Second swung her gaze toward Elspeth, her eyes assessing as Elspeth swiped her hands over her body wiping away as much gore as she could.

She turned back to Naked Miss Snooty.

"You're not going to be seen dead in or out if the dress today. Did you have a Plan B...?"

She thought for a moment, trying to decide if she should try and come up with something clever as she always had in the past. Their looks however showed that there was never going to be a lie good enough that these folks could not see through. Besides, she really was tired of this game.

"There never is a plan B, there is only now and dealing with the situation as it stands because it makes no difference later on. Things change for me, after I am pushed out to somewhere else you will not even remember I was here." She felt the words wash over her, felt them for the very first time in the many many... many years she had been playing this little drama of hers. The truth hurt, and it was the very first time she had ever spoken it, given it power and she felt the worse for doing it.

She grabbed a nearby chair and slid into it, spying a leftover beer she snagged that too and downed the rest of it, which only made the desire for me that much stronger. Maybe that would be your last, some small inner voice whispered from the deep dark depths of her mind and she savagely pushed it back down its hole.

"Now what?" she asked, her eyes glancing over Ms Second to the Number One.

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Derowen finished doing whatever she was doing with the small box. She put it back into her pocket, along with the ID wallet.

"Now what?" she repeated after the newcomer. "First step is that here you need to wear clothing. It's part of the culture, and you will draw attention to yourself in a more ongoing manner if you choose to remain naked. Is this your usual body?"

Tag - Elspeth.

Wen picked up the dress and handed it to the woman.

"Quin, start up the big boy please. Time we were leaving." She said quietly, spotting the landlord picking up the phone. "Rika, Grace, same deal. You? Best to come with us. We're a bit more understanding than most."

TAG - All

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Quin was not sorry to be given something to do that would get him away from the naked woman. There was something not quite right about her. She hadn't come through the Rift but where had she come from. He hadn't missed her assessment of the team. He also didn't think she had a lot of time for the male of the species. That was fine by him, she reminded him of a praying mantis, not because whe looked like one but because she made the back of his neck feel odd.

He headed for the Big Boy, it looked as if they were taking naked woman with them he just hoped she found some clothes.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Kris » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:43 am

Rika turned and headed off towards Big Boy with Quin. She shook her head, trying to get everything straightened out, only to give herself a headache. She caught up with Quin and sighed.

"These strange things seem to happen a lot, but you seemed a bit nervous around that naked woman. I take it things aren't always quite like that."
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby LrShadow » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:53 pm

"Now what?" she repeated after the newcomer. "First step is that here you need to wear clothing. It's part of the culture, and you will draw attention to yourself in a more ongoing manner if you choose to remain naked. Is this your usual body?"

'What a fascinating question.' Elspeth thought as her mouth worked but her voice did not. She glanced down to take an account of her body, it had been a while since she had really taken a good look at herself. Glancing back up she found Number One moving toward her but not in a threatening manner.

Wen picked up the dress and handed it to the woman.

"I think so... this looks like the same one as the last few times." she nodded her thanks as she took the dress once more. Turning the dress inside out made the blood spots not quite as detectable, along with most of the floral prints. "I take it... "

"Quin, start up the big boy please. Time we were leaving." She said quietly, spotting the landlord picking up the phone. "Rika, Grace, same deal. You? Best to come with us. We're a bit more understanding than most."

Elspeth was distracted as she watched the young man named Quin walk away... it was a nice walk, with a hint of tension that was ready to spring into action at any moment. Another woman, one she had missed from before, followed along with Quin. They both slipped into step with one another as if it were something they had always done.

"I take it your team has encountered folks like me before?" there was a small amount of hope in her voice, although the thought of ever actually going home had long since vanished from her being.

TAG Derowen

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Foxy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Grace noted the woman watching Quin walking away. The look on her face... Appraising...

She didn't approve.

Still, orders were orders, so she turned and headed back to the Big Boy. Whatever was left in that bottle would have to see her through the rest of the journey.

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Tavey » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:07 am

"I take it your team has encountered folks like me before?" there was a small amount of hope in her voice, although the thought of ever actually going home had long since vanished from her being.

Derowen smiled at the woman, and held out a hand to her.

"You could say that. We're Torchwood."

She tilted her head at a distant sound. "Time to go. I hear sirens."

Leaving behind a puddle that had been a person, a strippergram that had no idea what happened (and quit the following day), and a lot of confusion, the Torchwood team left the pub.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Rika turned and headed off towards Big Boy with Quin. She shook her head, trying to get everything straightened out, only to give herself a headache. She caught up with Quin and sighed.

"These strange things seem to happen a lot, but you seemed a bit nervous around that naked woman. I take it things aren't always quite like that."

Quin laughed. "Not quite," he said. "That was almost normal compared to some of the things I've seen and done."

He shook his head. "Naked doesn't bother me, naked women don't bother me. There's something very off about that particular naked woman, she makes me feel uneasy as though she can see right through you, get right inside your mind."
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby LrShadow » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:22 pm

"You could say that. We're Torchwood."

We're Torchwood....
We're Torchwood....
We're Torchwood....

The words echoed through her mind like a gong. She took a step back as the shock rolled through her. All the centuries she had been bounced around and never had she encountered them. Never had she heard those words, the name... the team... never had the left anyones lips let alone to be uttered so nonchalantly as they just had to her.

She followed, she had no choice. It's not like she could even say anything to them, the silicon chip made certain of that. Maybe she should wait and have the authorities kill her, she was fairly certainly she could get one of them to do it... but if they were here then they were in control anyway, so what did it matter. She got all the way out to the parking lot before her legs started giving out, her body soaked with the fear she felt... Stumbling she scrapped up her legs and knees, but somehow the pain was cold and distant. She just nodded and nearly cried out as she was helped up, her eyes large but seeing nothing. Finally realization crept in... they could not hurt her. They could not hurt her any more then she was already hurt... Slowly and with great gulps of air and internal strength, she pulled herself together enough to get to the big vehicle.

"I'll be ok..." she kept repeating, "I'll be ok." One day she might actually believe it.

TAG any

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Kris » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:54 pm

"Get inside your head? I don't think anyone wants inside my head right now. Scary images in there right now after what we just did."

Rika shoot her head, pushing her hair out of her face once more. Things were strange. Well, she knew they would be with this group, but this was more strange than she had expected.

"So, think the girl is coming with us back to our time?"
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Once everyone was settled, and they were back on the road again, Derowen relaxed. As strange as it might be, this was the best spot for them for a bit.

"So, think the girl is coming with us back to our time?" Rika asked.

"I think the girl has a name she hasn't told us, or I missed." Wen replied. "And yes, I think we're the best people to help at the moment. Hope she can come back to our time with us."

TAG

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes