A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Postby Tavey » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Stonehenge. The very name is one to bring images of pagan rites, crowds of travellers, and the odd dawn or three. Huge hewn stones once all carefully placed, now weathered and toppled. The shape of a circle within a circle. The myths and the tales, the Bardic songs, and the 18" high replica once dangled over the stage of a fake rock band.

Stonehenge.

Wen loved the place. Of course. It was open enough that she could see any enemies coming from quite a distance. There weren't that many cars that passed along the road that ran beside the monument. How that had happened was a secret long lost to Torchwood history. She suspected that there'd been an arrangement to get some form of regular transportation to the area, what with the crop circles and everything.

The Torchwood Ten team had dropped Benton off somewhere in Plymouth, on the way through. Wen urged the team to keep going. Plymouth was an eerie place. The sort of location that if you didn't get out quickly, you were there for life. Benton was heading for a local barracks down Durnford Street, and was cheerful enough to be dropped at the end of the road and to walk the rest of the way.

Wen definitely did not want to go down that street. And refused point blank to explain why.

So now, it was off across the country to Stonehenge. The A303. Lovely road. Accessed via the A38, which had it's own set of terrors, especially if you were a tourist.

TAG - all

For the Route: https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=stoneheng ... 49&t=m&z=8

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/373

Just in case you might need them: http://www.avebury-web.co.uk/avebury_now.html

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: A Circle of Stones By Any Other Name.

Postby Quin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Quin shivered every time he heard that word 'Stonehenge' he shivered just thinking about it. He'd been very quiet for the entire drive, he doubted the others would have noticed, they possibly thought he was entranced with the vehicle and all its little enhancements. The thought of their destination had taken a little of the joy of driving away from him. He continued to drive at his usual fast pace and to be truthful the Big Boy almost drove itself, unfortunately that gave Quin time to think.

On one of the rare occasions he had attended school there had been a trip planned to Stonehenge, he'd been fascinated by the area since a time when he'd seen a documentary about it on TV. He pestered his mother for the money to be able to go. He must have caught her when she was in a good mood, she was probably high at the time but she came up with the money. He'd hurried to school on the morning of the trip and jostled to get the favoured front seat in the coach, he would have to sit next to a teacher but none of that mattered.

As they drew closer to the stone ring he had become more and more uneasy, by the time they got there the colour had drained from his face and his knuckles were white where he'd gripped the rail in front of the seat. The coach stopped his classmates had rushed off the coach but he didn't move. Not even the biggest of the teachers could prise him from his seat so they left him there.

Quin had never before felt such a feeling of sheer terror and he had been in some terrible situations even as a child. He had sat in his seat eyes tightly shut until the rest of the passengers returned. As they neared London on the trip back he was able to relax again. He never spoke about the trip again, his mother hadn't asked she'd probably forgotten he was going. The teachers assumed he was travel sick but Quin knew that he had a dark primal history with Stonehenge and he was never going to go back there.

Until now of course, it was the way home, and it was up to him to get the team there. Quin let out a tiny sigh and concentrated on his driving, he didn't need a map he knew exactly how far away they were from the cursed stones.

(OOC - A little long but based on fact, this happened to me, not as extreme but I pestered my husband to drive me to Stonehenge because it had always fascinated me and when we got there I refused to get out of the car, the place terrified me. So I hope you don't mind Quin having a very different reaction to the others.)
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Foxy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:45 pm

It took a bit of searching, but Grace knew - any vehicle this size, used by people of this type, would have a stash. Not the cupboards, nor yet the hidey holes under the seats, but nestled in with the diagnostic kit there was a bottle of single malt whiskey. Not the cheap stuff, either. Whoever it belonged to, she toasted them with it before raising it to her lips. She'd leave an IOU - that's screw with their minds...

As the liquid hit the back of her throat, she felt the warmth spread like an old friend wrapping her in a large woolly blanket. She'd been sober way too long - she was spread too thin, delicate. She needed her suit of armour back. A few more and she was starting to feel more like herself again. As she did, she started replaying the last hour or so in her head, alcohol-soothed braincells providing a different perspective, mulling over the journey so far.

Rika was still glancing at her from time to time. Couldn't blame the girl. It'd take time to earn her trust after that. Best to give her space for now, let the raw feelings recede a bit before trying to rebuild.

Wen had perked up noticeably since they'd left Plymouth. Not that Grace could blame her - the A38 always felt like an invitation - like you were really going somewhere. Not just from point A to B, but a real journey. Well, at least once you'd slogged up Haldon Hill...

Quin... there was something wrong there... He'd missed a perfect opportunity for a double entendre. That wasn't like him...

She made her way to the front of the 'Big Boy', swaying with movement of the vehicle like it was some form of Tai Chi. He was in his favourite place - the driving seat, but his knuckles were white, gripping the wheel grimly. She stepped just into his peripheral vision - not close enough to make him jump, giving him a minute to register she was there before quietly querying, "You OK, Biscuit?"

TAG - Quin

Her brain was still replaying at the back of her mind while the rest of it was focussed on Quin, but it had found something and poked her until she paid it attention. She turned to Wen.

"Hang on a minute... rewind... did you say THROUGH Stonehenge...?"

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Tavey » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:26 am

Grace said "Hang on a minute... rewind... did you say THROUGH Stonehenge...?"

Derowen stared out of the window at the passing countryside, with a grin on her face. When she heard Grace's question, the grin only broadened. She winked at Rika, with a small turn of her head.

"Caught that did you?" She replied. The country passing by in a blur seemed so serene. Torchwood had done an excellent job of keeping the public in the dark. Aided by the oh so pretty hand of Department 51, of course.

"We're going right up the processional, in one long and fast swoop. And through Stonehenge. Not to it. Through it, Big Boy and all."

She noted the lack of shake in Grace's hands, and wondered if the medicinal bottle of whatever got stocked had been found. Grace's withdrawal symptoms hadn't been too obvious until Jacky had let her. Wen mentally shrugged. So long as the job got done, what was the issue how much Grace was drinking? Not that she didn't care. She liked Grace. Best second in command she'd ever had, and possibly a friend. Though things like friends scared the living sh** out of her.

"Don't know about you," Wen said, "but I am starving. Shall we stop for tea? Plan our inevitable cascade of fireworks and other pretty effects that Department 51 will have to explain?"

She had not noticed Quin's white knuckles and tense body as yet. The small partition masked him from where she was sitting. Another friend. Well.. colleague. Because as far as Wen was concerned, friends only stuck nasty things into you and shoved you into tiny igloos until they wanted someone dead. Then they really liked you. A lot. Until the person was a puddle of goo, at which point they shoved you back into the igloo with a madman looking after you.

Damn she missed John.

TAGs

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:43 pm

"Don't know about you," Wen said, "but I am starving. Shall we stop for tea? Plan our inevitable cascade of fireworks and other pretty effects that Department 51 will have to explain?"

"Food between here and Stonehenge..." Grace mused. "Well, damn near every roundabout has a Happy Little Chef Eater, or if you fancy something a bit more snug, I know a nice little pub in Wincanton. Real Ale, roaring log fire, home-made pies and if it's a really good night there may even be ladies in corsetry..."

http://www.thebearinnwincanton.co.uk/

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Quin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Wen had perked up noticeably since they'd left Plymouth. Not that Grace could blame her - the A38 always felt like an invitation - like you were really going somewhere. Not just from point A to B, but a real journey. Well, at least once you'd slogged up Haldon Hill...

Quin... there was something wrong there... He'd missed a perfect opportunity for a double entendre. That wasn't like him...

She made her way to the front of the 'Big Boy', swaying with movement of the vehicle like it was some form of Tai Chi. He was in his favourite place - the driving seat, but his knuckles were white, gripping the wheel grimly. She stepped just into his peripheral vision - not close enough to make him jump, giving him a minute to register she was there before quietly querying, "You OK, Biscuit?"

Quin nodded not taking his eyes from the road, knowing that if he looked at Grace she would see the fear he was trying to hide. She could always read him like a book.

"Fine," he said quickly, "just tired."

Her brain was still replaying at the back of her mind while the rest of it was focussed on Quin, but it had found something and poked her until she paid it attention. She turned to Wen.

"Hang on a minute... rewind... did you say THROUGH Stonehenge...?"

Quin sighed, the pressure was off him for the time being. He knew that Grace wouldn't let it rest but once they were home he would be OK.
Last edited by Quin on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Kris » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Rika had sat in silence simply listening to everyone talking as they rode along. Her ears perked up when she hear they were going through Stonehenge. There wasn't much for her to say because she was still a bit jumpy at what had happened on the roof as well as the fact that they'd traveled in time.

It was then that she caught Wen's wink and smiled. It wasn't so much that she minded going through Stonehenge, it seemed to make the others a bit nervous. For her, it was just another adventure. Then the mention of getting some tea made her smile even more.

"Tea? I could go for some of that, or something a bit stronger. Maybe a small bite to eat after all that happened."

She was still being quiet since she wasn't completely comfortable with the group yet. Although they did save her life quite a few times recently, it was all far too new to her.

Tags
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:16 am

"Sounds good to me. A diversion to this pub you know. A small holiday from the holiday? Bloody hell.. was that a cow on the road?" Wen stood up and peered out of the window, trying to spot the black and white thing that she'd seen a moment ago. Then sat back down with a flump of legs and leaned back.

She stared at the ceiling. Blinked. Stared some more. The ceiling was mirrored. It was a bit disconcerting, and she tried to remember if she'd ever noticed it before. Well, last time she was in this incarnation of the Big Boy that was.

"Anyone remember what passes for pub food in the seventies?" she asked, after a while of staring. She needed to change her top, it was positively indecent from that angle.

TAG - all

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:29 pm

"Anyone remember what passes for pub food in the seventies?" she asked, after a while of staring. She needed to change her top, it was positively indecent from that angle.

"Damn, I forgot it was the seventies," Grace cursed. "No Crabbies, then. Warm beer for Bisquit and a fruit-based drink for the ladies... Foodwise - Ploughmans and Chicken-in-a-basket. And if you ask for a vegetarian option, you''ll get chips, fried in lard, with a lettuce leaf on top. Happy days..."

She frowned, trying to think what it would have been like back then.

"Won't be Jo running the pub - think she was a copper back then. There'll definitely be a pub there though - it's a Grade 2 listed - been a pub since the 1700s. Handy to know if you're a time traveller..."

http://pubshistory.com/Somerset/Wincanton/BearHotel.shtml

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:56 pm

"Pub food in the seventies? I wasn't old enough for a pub in the seventies."

Rika looked at the others, realizing that she probably made them feel rather old at that point and shrugged.

"Fruit-based drinks? But I like the strong stuff. I suppose that is what happens, though. Whatever food there is, I'll welcome it. All this blood loss has really taken it out of me, not to mention the being taken hostage by someone who was possessed."

Sitting back in the seat, Rika wasn't sure who was even listening as she pushed her hair out of her face, trying to pull any dry blood out of it.

tags
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:14 am

"Pub food in the seventies? I wasn't old enough for a pub in the seventies." Rika said, looking thoughtful. Derowen nodded slightly. "Oh don't worry Rika. It's much better than the roaring twenties."

With a more serious look, Wen leaned over to Rika. Her face was solemn, and her voice low. "I know you've been hurt. And this has been one hell of a first day, or thirteen thousand or so. But, you need to remember. You're part of the team. So stop thinking about how little you've been here, and start thinking like it's alright to tell Quin his hair looks like it's got too much hair gel, or that Grace's temper is a bit.. well, just wait until you see that one."

She patted Rika's arm a couple of times. "Getting hurt is part of the deal. Here have one of Nathan's patches. You'll be amazed."

She dug into her pocket and pulled out a small pinkish square. She turned it over in her hands, and put it down on the seat, then dug again. "That one is sober up. You probably won't need it. Ah, here we go. Purple for healing." She peeled the sticky cover off it, and slapped it onto Rika's wrist.

"Takes a few minutes. About thirty or so, but you'll heal up very quickly. Welcome to the team."

TAG

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:01 am

Brock called in a few favours and arranged for a helicopter to pick him up in order to get to Stonehenge on time. He put on his very best shirt, trousers and pulled a jacket over the snug shoulder harness he wore at all times. He slipped an odd looking gun into the holster. Then took it back out, checked the safety was actually on, and put it back into place again. It wouldn't do to have that particular gun go off in the wrong place.

Perfect. For someone from 1977. He looked sharp.

He wondered about this Grace person who'd sent him such an interesting message. She'd agreed to a drink. He intended to take her up on that, and only hoped that it wouldn't be thirty years before he could do so.

A noise from the main doors echoed. Anteros stirred. The crazy ghost was having fun these days. He liked Pennyfeather, which was nice.

Derowen spun into the Hub and practically danced across the room. She laughed and ran up the stairs that wound around the centre column of the Hub. Getting to the top, she leaned over the railings and looked down. She whistled, a low long sound, "Looking good Brock." She called. "What's the occasion?"

"Picking you up at Stonehenge." Replied Brock, looking up at her. "But I didn't tell you that bit, so forget it, there's a doll."

"A doll? Brock.... nineteen seventies. Not Eighteen somethings.. Didn't you get rid of the dolls?"

Brock shrugged. "Copter arrives in five. Shut up Wen."

"Remind me again why I divorced you?" She laughed, "Get out of here. How come I don't get to ride in the coptor. Wait, we have one of those?"

Brock smirked and bowed. "Don't kill anyone while I'm gone Derowen. Took ages to get the blood out of the woodwork last time."

"Leave!"

"Leaving!"

He shut the door to the main hub moments after she slammed the door to her office.

((Brock.
http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/b ... rxes-3.jpg ))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:03 pm

It’s moments like this that you realize you made a huge mistake. Driving along a boring motorway, in the South West of England, wondering about the insanity of other drivers on the road. Watching your team as they struggle to find their place in this moment.

And knowing that you never tell them how you feel. Ever. Because that way lies weakness and doubt. That moment when you put the person ahead of the situation, and you fail. Derowen MacFie, failure. It was still etched upon her psyche in more ways than one. It didn’t matter that they had the only Torchwood team still running, still fighting to keep England safe. The world, for that matter. They’d outlived Jack Harkness, somehow. Apparently.

All she knew was that she’d failed. Failed for Punkin, and Fred. For Eve, Horatio, Nathan, Eric, for all of them. Her team. Nearly all gone now. And she’d never said to anyone that she loved them. Not a single one, particularly. Even Punkin, with whom she’d shared a home for a while.

Wen looked at the remaining members of the group, Quin the Brave, Grace the Fearless, and Rika the Strong. She smiled, a soft curve of her mouth that lit her eyes with an unfamiliar emotion. The smile quirked at one corner of her lips, and she rolled her eyes to the ceiling briefly, shaking her head slightly at the thoughts running through her mind.

Wen just hoped that they knew, somehow, how deeply she loved them all.

Outside the Big Boy, the road sped by, boring and monotonous.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Quin tried his best to join in with the team banter. He hoped his voice didn't betray him when he answered Grace. "I like warm beer, I'm English we drink warm beer. No diet cola in those days either, syrupy lemonade, cream soda all of them with enough sugar to keep you high for a week."

He was trying lord knew he was trying.

"I'll settle for a nice cup of tea and a Kit Kat," he said. "Don't know what the drink driving laws were then but I never drink when I'm behind the wheel."

He stared through the windscreen every mile was taking them nearer to those cursed stones. He gave himself a mental shake. No don't think about it that way, every mile was taking them nearer home.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:47 am

"It's settled then." Derowen decided, firmly. "A cuppa for Quin, and a pint for the rest of us. And none of that too ladylike shandy thank you very much. Grace, how do you get to wherever the pub is?"

Wen pulled a pity me face that lasted only a moment. She stood up and stretched, glad of the space in the Big Boy. For the first time in days, she felt safe. She walked to the mid section of the beast, and began to dig into the supplies there. With a cry of glee, she found an old weapon that she'd lost ages ago, several of Nathan's little patches (though how they were in this time period, she decided not to think too much about), and a few packets of cigarettes. She grimaced. One of the habits of the seventies she was glad to see ending. Smoking in small spaces.

She found a small envelope and turned towards the rest while opening it. Her face fell as she pulled out a long chain and a triangular piece of metal attached to it via a small golden hoop. She turned it over in her fingers, and shuddered visibly. Part of the Eye winked back at her and she shoved it back into the envelope quickly.

"I'm ready to get home. Need to.. er.. drain the batteries.. " she said, before sitting down again to look out of the window. "Hopefully a good drink will help that."

TAG - all.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:42 pm

With Grace hovvering behind Quin, chipping in the occasional, "First off the roundabout", "Right here" and "Careful - this bit's windy", they eventually pulled into the car park behind the Bear. The Big Boy, true to its name, dwarfed the vehicles it was sharing the space with.

As they entered, visibility fell to a few feet in the haze of cigarette smoke. Grace coughed, "Blimey, I'd forgotten they used to be this bad..."

TAG

She slipped through a small gap between two old Zummerzet locals who stopped and stared as she fished a couple of menus out from between them. Glancing around, she realised she was rather too young, too blond and yes - too female - for the core clientele. Still, with three Torchwood ladies, they'd balance it reasonably.

"Hello, love, what can I get you all?" the landlord had obviously spotted them.

"One cup of tea, some chocolate if you have it and three of your finest..." she paused to survey the Real Ales on display, "... er... The Usual 4.4%, please"

The landlord looked a little confused at first, slowly coming to terms with the idea that at least two of the pints were therefore for the ladies, seeing as they hadn't asked for straws to share the single cup of tea. "Right you are, miss... If you take a seat, I'll bring the tea over."

He rung up the till. Grace had a moment of panic - coinage and notes had changed somewhat since then. Maybe 50p's might pass, but the rest had been resized, reprinted, the Queen's portrait had changed since then. Pound notes were no more. How the heck were they going to pay?

"Er... Derowen... Small technical hitch...?"

TAG - Wen

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Tavey » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:43 pm

"Er... Derowen... Small technical hitch...?" muttered Grace.

"What's the problem?" Asked Wen, immediately looking around for impending trouble, and not seeing any.

The look on her face when Grace explained was comical...

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Rika stood off to the side as the others tried to figure out how to get things paid for. Honestly, it was a bit funny. She then looked down at her patches and sighed. It was strange to have things healing up this way.

"No chance of callin' anyone to get some money for it? I don't have anything, left it in the future."

The last bit was whispered. It sounded odd to say, but it was true. She had a few coins maybe, but that was it. Her mind was elsewhere. She was still thinking back to what had happened with Jack. It still sent shivers down her spine, and she wasn't quite sure what it was about the whole situation that caused the flashbacks. She closed her eyes and tried to remember them, and they were still in her memory, clear as day.

Shaking her head, Rika opened her eyes and still listened to the conversation. It was surprising that they weren't carrying around old money just in case this happened, if it did happen often that is.

Tags - whoever!
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Quin » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Quin smiled, the first genuine smile since learning of their destination.

"Not a problem," he said quietly.

He turned round a little too quickly and bumped into a very smartly dressed man standing behind him. The man's drink spilled a little and Quin whipped the handkerchief out of the gentleman's top pocket and mopped him down.

"Terribly sorry squire," he said, "let me get you another, what is it? Bacardi and coke? No problem. Allow me to get the ladies a seat and I'll be right back."

He turned his back and ushered Wen and Rika to a table then joined Grace at the bar. He had no idea how much the bill would come to but he produced a fiver and waved it at the barman.

"This do," he said with a smile, "add a bacardi and coke to the tally please.

He winked at Grace. "Never forget my misspent youth," he said. He grabbed the bacardi and went to return the smartly dressed gent's wallet to his inside pocket. Slightly depleted but the man had drunk enough not to notice.

(ooc if you had other plans Tavey feel free to delete)
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Foxy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Grace watched in wonderment at Quin's little "manoeuvre". Sure, she knew his capabilites at breaking and entering, but the smoother, close-contact sport of pickpocketing was not so much a crime as an art-form.

"Careful, Biscuit, or I may just have to kiss you," she murmured to him as he handed over the note. Picking up the three pints, she threaded her way over to a suitable table and laid claim to it.

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Tavey » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Derowen watched Quin's swift, and rather polite, way of getting enough money for their drinks. She bit her bottom lip. Her eyes crinkled around the edges. She leaned back in her chair, and began to laugh.

Oh how she loved this small team of hers. They were brilliant, utterly brilliant.

((Quin - perfect! We were wondering if we'd have to go dig through the Big Boy's cushions..))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:13 pm

((Ooo, Torchwood to reply too as I'm watching Torchwood, what a fit!))

Rika was snapped out of her daze when she was ushered over to her seat by Quin. Though she hadn't been paying full attention to the maneuver that had been done, she did at least catch it out of the corner of her eye and smirked as the wallet was replaced in the man's pocket.

"That's one way to get the money I suppose," she said with a smile as she took hold of her drink and took a small sip, then a much larger gulp.

"Alright, I don't normally drink, but I needed that."

She sat back for a moment, and looked at the others.

"So...I take it there is a plan from here? I mean, besides the big rocks that is. There is a way to get us back to our time...isn't there?"

Tags - all!
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Derowen smiled at Rika warmly. "Of course there is," she exclaimed. "Plans are my specialty."

TAG - everyone.

Wen dipped her finger in her pint and began to draw on the table. She sketched the shape of Stonehenge, and the little used processional that led to it.

"Right, we're going to enter here. I'll, er, ensure that there is enough energy to open the portal. Quin, you get your foot on the pedal as soon as we're close, because the locals are not going to like what we're going to do. Straight down the processional to the road. Across the road, into the stones. The portal should be open by the time that you reach the stones."

TAG - all

You can see the processional in this picture
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ek_dwFjjioo/U ... 2Bview.jpg

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Derowen smiled at Rika warmly. "Of course there is," she exclaimed. "Plans are my specialty."

Grace took a swig of the ale. Not her usual tipple, but she made it a point to support local industry.

“Here's to the plan,” she offered a mock toast.

“The portal should be open by the time that you reach the stones."

“Driving right through Stonehenge during the solstice? The druids are going to be a bit miffed...” Grace observed. “Still, hopefully everyone will be... ahem... recreational enough that no one would believe them if they did say a vehicle disappeared in front of their eyes and we're early enough that no one's likely to be videoing it... Yup, that's a plan.”

She took another swig.

“If we get a chance, can we stop at a garage on the way? I want to check if the Curly Wurlys really were bigger back then... now... ach – you know what I mean.”

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Kris » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:31 pm

"Driving straight into Stonehenge? Something doesn't sit right with me about that. What type of portal are we talking about here?"

Rika took a swig of her drink and shook her head.

"Or is this going to be something that I'll hopefully learn more about later? I'm guessing I'll just be sitting and watching the whole thing unfold and not have a clue how it is being done. Seems to be the norm for me right now."
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Next

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes