Respite for the Soul.

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Re: Respite for the Soul.

Postby Tavey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 pm

Derowen strode to a position opposite the doorway. She stuck one hand on one hip, and examined her fingernails carefully, as the sounds of the thudding footsteps grew closer.

Sounding almost bored, she asked "Does the new kid have a weapon yet? Can someone get him something that makes pretty holes in beings intent on killing us?"

She waited. And waited some more.

And sighed.

"Between this thing taking it's sweet time, and Wolfie baby, I'm afraid I'll grow old before they get here. Or the ship will blow up. Getting booooreeed..."

As if to punctuate her words, the ship lurched again, a harsh rumble reverberating through the structure. Several panels loosened, smashing to the floor. Pieces from them flew in all directions.

TAGs.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby SLAJaime » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Camron couldn't standing Hideing from this metal things so she stood up and got from behide her boxes now she'd had a breather and yelled to it " oi am over here come get me Bitch " then she ran to the next opening almost diveing though the door as it opened she did not know what was behided it .

She hear'ed the steps banging loud behided her much much closer this time she looked up as she was standed to see the team that was torchwood there as if they was waiting for her playing some sort of game with her.

Maybe this was there plan all along. " You Don't know how glad I am that you guys have a big gun but you might want to Run " camron looked back in horror as the cyberwoman had caught her up much much faster than she wanted it to "

"I know this is nothing new but RUN!!!" She made for the door behide them not even sure if she would get to it before the thing got to her

Tag whole bunch of you

So who's going to be My hero ?
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

]
SLA's very own insane Blonde
SLAJaime
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:33 pm

Fred nodded at Derowen, and shifted his grip on the rift gun. So he wasn't to shoot on sight, well he could live with that. He watched Derowen moved about. It helped him to block out the metallic footfalls that were getting closer. A figure burst through the doorway Derowen was leaning next too. It stopped and stared at them, and Fred was pretty sure they were staring back at Camron.

Fred shook his head, and grinned as she spoke. Without knowing Derowen's plan, she didn't know that the cyberwoman was expected, and that they weren't allowed to shoot her. As Camron bolted for the door behind them, Fred grabbed her around the waist and held her tight.

"Easy kid, we're expecting her." Fred said calmly, through he refused to let go of Camron, until she'd calmed down.

Tag - Camron all

(OOC : No heroes here miss)
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Where would we be without Kuruma..?

Active
- Fred BJ Black (Torchwood Ten)
- "Black Scar" (Dragon Squadron, FL)

Forgotten
- Leiutenant Commander Kurayami Sennai / SW-142
- Black / Kageashi / SW-193
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Why are you letting us die…
We can save them…
We can restore order…
We can restore harmony…
Why are you letting us die…
Why…
Why…

Tears flowed from his eyes as he let out a staggered gasp of pain, as the slow shut down of the screaming star drives that had driven Camelot’s head long retreat into the night grew silent. Irreversible processes were now underway, as delicate beating hearts of folded space-time burst like fragile bubbles, forever silencing the engines that fed on them for power. Camelot was listing heavily now, her pointed needle like nose now off centre and twisting ever further from her flight path. He could feel the pressure of the gee load along her spine shifting, breaking structural ribs and support braces.

It felt like someone was breaking every bone in his body with slow and careful ministrations of pressure, the delicate touch of a talented sadist.

And all it would take was a word. Not even that, a thought, the barest hint of a thought, the seed of idea…and it would all be undone. It wasn’t to late to save the rest of them, jettison most of Camelot’s armoured mass, the igloos…enough to begin to resettle her weight over the remaining engines. She could be saved…and yet he stood there, a useless fragile thing of flesh, unwilling to act whilst he fulfilled the most basic biologic act an animal could make. It was an act no member of the Congress had willing undertaken, or been a part of, for nearly three hundred thousand years.

He was dying.

Repair processes were slowing, thoughts growing more and more sluggish and relying increasingly more on the cybernetic components that were scattered throughout his body. Even with the pain turned off, the physical pain at any rate, he could feel his lungs filling, his heart catching now on every beat. And still Camelot screamed in his mind, its pain his own, blurring his already compromised sensorium.

“The Wolf…will come…” John said slowly from where he leant, eyes half closed and distant, looking at things that didn’t quite exists anymore “…It always comes…when you need it least of all…”

TAG-Woodies

John 'Merlin' Smith
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Big Bad Wolf » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:15 pm

The room they were in was a nexus of sorts, a hub in the vast and intestinal path ways of elevators and transmit hallways that wormed through the city sized star ship. In its heyday the walls would have been covered in brass relief fresco’s of scenes from the Congress proud and noble history. Images of Saint Turing and Asimov, presiding over the metaphoric birth of AI, would have stood centre stage. Other images would have been of grand vistas from the cities on Luna and Mars, the latter showing palaces made of living crystals that reached tens of miles into the thin Martian sky.

They were snapshots of dreams, the bittersweet memories of a golden age scattered to the winds by the seeds of jealousy inspired in the Congresses backward siblings: Greater Humanity.

But at the far end of the room, placing the approaching Cyberman of Canary Wharf between the wayward humans and that distant point, was a door. It was an elevator door much like the dozens of other ones that lined the walls, much like the one that Punkin and her ilk had come out of. But as the door open, revealing pitch and tarred darkness and precious else, it was clear a nightmare had arrived for them.

The black void within was millions of small black machines, each one the size of a sugar cube but quite willing to shrink down to the size of a gluon to accomplish a certain task. Perhaps in their beginnings these black machines had been little more than gardeners shears, or their equivalent, but age and lack of maintenance had allowed madness and sentence to roam unchecked.

The sheers had sharpened themselves into swords.

The black surface rippled and puckered, spitting out a man shaped froth of machines that quickly began to hurried rearrange themselves into a better representation of a human man. He was tall, sandy blond hair and deep aquamarine blue eyes that sparkled and danced of their own accord. He was dressed in richly appointed robes cut in a style had never been, blending a sense of modern fashion with the old world charm such an affectation bore.

The Wolf, now fashioned to resemble the man who had set it free, smiled at Wen with unbridled greed in its eyes.

“Oh you terrible….terrible brute! How I’ve missed you!” it said, mimicking the voice and tone of her injured friend, and cocked its head to one side with its grin growing wider “My…my my my my…It does sound as though we have, company coming? And before out little exchange too, not very sporting Wen.”

It tut-tutted her, wagging a finger at her.

“Your not playing by the rules…but don’t worry, we’ll have plenty of time to go over the finer points of hostage negotiation once we’ve exchanged our respective tokens.” the Wolf laugh impishly “So…where is she…my mother, my tasty…Morgan?”

Tags to the lot of you! Note, I, Damien, need a holiday, a vacation, or some Nightnurse.

The Big Bad Wolf
I am now sharing cramped space with the circuitry of some hybrid war machine, itself complicated by such useless clutter as a conscience.

I do not like sharing.

Sharing is for children.
Big Bad Wolf
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby Tavey » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:00 pm

“Oh you terrible….terrible brute! How I’ve missed you!” it said, mimicking the voice and tone of her injured friend, and cocked its head to one side with its grin growing wider “My…my my my my…It does sound as though we have, company coming? And before out little exchange too, not very sporting Wen.”

It tut-tutted her, wagging a finger at her.

“Your not playing by the rules…but don’t worry, we’ll have plenty of time to go over the finer points of hostage negotiation once we’ve exchanged our respective tokens.” the Wolf laugh impishly “So…where is she…my mother, my tasty…Morgan?”

Derowen MacFie stilled the pang of concern that threatened to stab her soul when she looked at John. She could see the faint tremble of his fingers, the way he seemed to be fighting for breath. Firmly, she told herself that she had to deal with one thing at a time. And right now, that one thing had to be the thing taking Johns shape.

"I never was much good at playing by the rules." She said, carelessly. "I get bored far too easily."

She gestured towards the doorway, just as Camron sprinted through it, followed closely by the half made cyberman that had once been one of the most powerful women in Europe.

"Behold, the successor to your dream. Yvonne, how lovely of you to join us. Took your time." Wen called. The metal monstrosity stopped. Processed. Turned slowly towards Derowen.

Yvonne had once had dark blonde hair, artfully streaked and curled just so around her shoulders. She'd favoured smart suits. Red nail polish and perfect make-up. Now, the hair was gone, shorn to make space for a cybermans characteristic helmet, blunt and brutal. Metal snaked it's way around her body. Cybernetic implants glowed and twinkled from half finished operations. Partially healed wounds showed locations of other started but not completed implants.

Her mouth opened, but did not move. A metallic, layered voice issued from the parted lips. Wen grimaced. It was one of her least favourite augmentations that the Cybermen went through.

"Derowen MacFie. Director. Torchwood Ten. Retired. You will be upgraded to optimum performance."

Wen flapped her hand towards the Cyberwoman. "yes yes yes. We should do tea. Preferably while I throw you through the rift you created above London. Blah blah. Yvonne, meet Wolfie, our very bestest ever new friend. Feel like upgrading him? Oh, and while you're at it.."

Wen paused. She reached into a pocket and pulled out a glittering black jewelled necklace. With bits of blood and skin attached to it. She waved it in the air.

"Is this what YOU are looking for Wolfie baby?"

TAGs the team.
TAG Wolfie.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:32 pm

It was something that eerily felt like the air was being sucked from Punkin's lungs and the whole room, in fact. Almost as though it was being vented into space. The ring felt like a heavy weight in her pocket, and she was seriously focused on it to ensure that she didn't put it on, and didn't lose it either. But that all seemed incidental with the semi-completed Cyber-being and the Big Bad Wolf.

Did someone manage to press the proverbial bell? How many corners could they all stand in before hell truly broke loose?

Some weapon that felt uncomfortable in her hand was pressed there, her fingers curling reflexively around it. But something made her stay there, with John Smith, watching this whole thing unfold before her like she was watching a play and not actually in the middle of it. She had never fired a weapon, and its energy buzz lit her palms with a sparkling burst. If she fired, it would hurt, and she was more concerned now with protection than with devastation.

Shocked and with widened eyes, she stood between John Smith and the one that Wen called Yvonne. And The Wolf. There was a smile that played on her lips and tears that gathered in the corners of her eyes. What was to happen? Would they win or lose? All she knew was that energy was seeping out from everywhere and it was making it difficult to think. So, she watched in horror and waited.

What was worse? Seeing half-baked Yvonne and the caricature that the Wolf was performing of the slowly receding John Smith, or Derowen MacFie? This cruel smile that had rarely passed her lips was worn easily here and now. And Punkin Thomas had a sinking feeling that it would become darkest before the dawn. There was no softness there, no caring, and nothing other than hatred, vengeance, and the desperation for victory.

And she knew why. Because they, the few, the proud, the members of Torchwood, were the group to stand between the darkness and the hope of humanity. Seeing Yvonne and The Wolf, she could understand the depth of darkness, and one could not fight the darkness without having some of one's own.

"Hang on," she said pointedly to John Smith. This was not the time to slip, this was the time to dig in heels. So that was what she intended on doing as she lifted the weapon and pointed.

~Tag Woodies

Punkin Thomas
Operative of Torchwood 10
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Grace shook her head. Tempting though it was, she couldn't afford to be side-tracked by the floor show, there was still work to be done.

The Leatherman Wave multi-tool is hands down our most popular model, made famous by its outside-accessible blades that can be deployed with just one hand.

And thank God, it lived up to its sales hype, for sure enough, Grace was attempting to cut ultra high-tech wiring with one hand... A few surreptitious cuts and twists later and she was ready. Gently, she turned to make eye contact with Brock on the other side of the room, his toned body neatly blocking view of the inspection panel he had been shoulder deep in mere minutes previously, then she turned back to wink at Quin, standing by a small but critical switch.

Then she turned so look straight ahead, toward Wen and the Wolf, but her hands were still busy, one behind her, holding the critical cables, the other down at her side, fingers curling in time, where Brock and Quin could see them.

5... 4... 3...

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Big Bad Wolf » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:10 pm

That’s mine!
Ours!
Give it us!
Our Morgan!
Mine! MINE! MINE!!

The Wolf edged forward only a half step, a small movement, but it spoke volumes. Its eyes, dark and void of anything humane or reasonable, bore into the jewel held in the hand of Derowen MacFie. It halted suddenly, swaying back and forth as though pulled back on an invisible leash. It held out a hand, pointing at the half made metal abomination that had been listed officially as dead.

“I...can...be...patient...metal thing...heartless thing...” it said each word with a click of its tongue against perfectly white teeth, a smile playing at the corner of its lips “It seems as though you’ve met your part of the bargain, why...it would only be fair if I did the same thing...”

It turned, and with a showman’s flair gestured to the wall of foaming black machinery filling the elevator tube behind him. With the same rippling pucker of moving blocks the lift tube regurgitated a large coffin shaped cylinder of glistening black material. It shimmered and glowed, and slowly the blocks began to fold away back into one another, until enough had fallen away to reveal its contents.

Penny fell onto her hands and knees, whole and breathing deep lung busting gasps of air. Her aged skin was flushed, alive, more real it appeared than the last moment she had been seen alive. A hand went up from the floor, gripping her neck and rubbing it, where only the slightest hint of a raw red line could be seen looping about her neck like a fine necklace. And her eyes, panicked, streaming with tears, as though she had said her good byes already and now...here she had a second chance.

“On your feet my dear...” The Wolf smiled, turning back to Wen “Might want to hold off the metal Matilda, wouldn’t want poor Penny to buy it a second time...you know, inflation and all that. Now...you will hand Morgan to...him!”

The Wolf pointed at Brock.

“He will bring it to Penny...and then he will lead Penny back to you, but only after she has handed me the jewel.” he then smiled, spreading his arms “And then...we all...go...home. No negotiation, no amended conditions. You take it, or I take my Penny, my lucky, lucky Penny...and go home.”

TAG-Everyone, whats that Grace? Planning a little Fry up are you?

The Big Bad Wolf
I am now sharing cramped space with the circuitry of some hybrid war machine, itself complicated by such useless clutter as a conscience.

I do not like sharing.

Sharing is for children.
Big Bad Wolf
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby Quin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Quin tried to watch Grace's countdown and also keep an eye on what the Wolf was up to. He couldn't help a gasp of astonishment as Penny appeared seemingly as good as new.

The Wolf was negotiating, definitely wanted the Morgan jewel, so what was stopping him from simply taking it. He'd shown over and over that he was more than capable of doing anything he liked so why didn't he just kill them all and be done with it.

Perhaps the answer was that the Wolf liked playing games.

He gave Grace the slightest nod to let her know he was ready.
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby SLAJaime » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 am

Camron Stopped trying to run and looked at the wolf for a second " Oi you wolf what ever your name is I have a deal of my own If you think y our beast enough to handle it " she laughed and turned her back on the wolf "
Tag
Wolf bad wolf ever so bad bad wolf
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

]
SLA's very own insane Blonde
SLAJaime
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:42 pm

Esther Pennyfeather. But not. Punkin Thomas' finger hovered over the trigger of her probably ineffective weapon in her hand and watched the scene unfolding before her. It COULD be an organic replication of Penny. And the cruelty of the Wolf to use the faces of the fallen didn't pass by her unnoticed. In her unique position, she could see a great deal, and still be out of the line of fire.

Leaning with John Smith, she juxtaposed her body so that he could lean and be blocked from The Wolf or the Half-Baked Cyberchick. "I hope this weapon works against one of them," she whispered gently and shouldered it. After all, Rift Chick or Pop Tart seemed bent on something, and it didn't look too healthy at all.

The mocking metal thing was intrinsically evil; it was bent on the destruction of them all by making more like itself. Turning to the Wolf, she noticed the parallels, and wondered how machines thought that imperfection that was what made a human unique could somehow be remade into their opinions of perfection. The Wolf's fingers, it that's what they could be termed, were flexing, reaching for the necklace where the personality of Morgan resided. But stopped.

Could it not touch the item? Could there be something within its heart that might beat against the Wolf? Or did it simply want Brock who had been hollowed by Penny's death at the beginning of their visit? Punkin was reacting as she went, rolling with the punches and then whispered again to John Smith. "Is there something in the necklace that might be able to HARM the Wolf?"

~Tag John Smith / Woodies

Punkin Thomas
Torchwood 10 Operative
USS Legacy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Gavin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:09 am

Gavin had decided it best that he remain quiet, and out of the way upon realizing that he had little idea of what was going on now. A few moments ago the group was discussing escape, now it appeared there was some sort of confrontation brewing. He was curious how this would play out, but he also had a vested interest in getting out of here - and he still did not trust Merlin...

The pale-skinned man continued to observe, trying his very best to remain cool and collected as the additional players arrived on the scene and the events began to unfold. He remained as he was, careful not to call attention to himself which was often a best practice when operating in his field, perhaps it would be effective here as well.
Gavin Morgan
Computer Specialist - Torchwood Ten
Gavin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby Tavey » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Derowen smirked slightly as she tucked away the necklace again. "No, no.." she admonished, wagging a finger slightly. "I'll give it to you once we are all safe off this thing you call home." She pivoted back and forth between Yvonne and the Wolf, judging which would move and when. Trying to bring the two of them together, so that the distraction would be enough to get her people off the ship.

She had a plan.

It involved dimentional rifts, but hey... that was their business in so many ways.

"Oh come now Yvonne, can't you see the beauty of his mechanism? The perfection of lines, the wonderous bio-mechanical lustre that makes him gleam. Admit it, you greedy bit*h, you want him." Wen began to taunt the cyberwoman. "Remember that time when we went drinking in Camden, and you came on too strong to that Cronniar? Oh wait, you probably don't remember anything do you. Does that mean I can have your CD collection?"

Yvonne Hartman ignored the smaller figure of Camron. She began to stamp towards Derowen, who kept dancing out of reach, staying out of the way of the Wolf at the same time. Playing a dangerous game.

Buying time.

Brock on the other hand, had stepped away from his part of Grace's plan. The sight of Penny filled his eyes and almost literally, she was all he could see.

"Penny.." he whispered, holding his hands out to her. "Come on love. Let's get you home and safe, shall we?"

TAG - Grace.

The ship rocked suddenly, twisting on its axis. Wen stumbled, rolling sideways on the floor as she landed.

TAG - everyone!

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:43 am

Brock on the other hand, had stepped away from his part of Grace's plan. The sight of Penny filled his eyes and almost literally, she was all he could see. "Penny.." he whispered, holding his hands out to her. "Come on love. Let's get you home and safe, shall we?"

Hastily, Grace stopped her countdown, switching to a throat-cutting gesture aimed at Quin.

TAG - Quin

Great, now they had two problems. No one manning the panel and Brock moving way too close to the danger zone for her liking. Her eyes scanned around for anyone looking in her direction who could help.

TAG - Any takers?

Quietly, she nodded toward her left shoulder, indicating the wires she was holding and gesturing for the volunteer to take them from her. With a relieved smile, she made her way gently toward the abandoned panel, trying to make it look incidental.

"Brock... don't get too close. I know how you felt about Penny, but this might not be real..." she warned as she approached him.

TAG - Brock

The ship rocked suddenly, twisting on its axis. Wen stumbled, rolling sideways on the floor as she landed.

Grace arrived beside the panel rather more abruptly than she would have chosen, but at least it helped it to look accidental. She cast a look back at the other two.

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Quin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Hastily, Grace stopped her countdown, switching to a throat-cutting gesture aimed at Quin.

Quin kknew there was no point in trying to move from his own position that would only draw attention to them. He could understand why Brock had moved but the man's timing was not good.

Great, now they had two problems. No one manning the panel and Brock moving way too close to the danger zone for her liking. Her eyes scanned around for anyone looking in her direction who could help.

TAG - Any takers?

Quietly, she nodded toward her left shoulder, indicating the wires she was holding and gesturing for the volunteer to take them from her. With a relieved smile, she made her way gently toward the abandoned panel, trying to make it look incidental.

"Brock... don't get too close. I know how you felt about Penny, but this might not be real..." she warned as she approached him.

TAG - Brock

Grace arrived beside the panel rather more abruptly than she would have chosen, but at least it helped it to look accidental. She cast a look back at the other two.

Quin was sure footed enough to keep his balance. He gave Grace the slightest of nods as she looked towards him. He was more than ready to end this nonsense. He had no idea whether it would end well or badly he just wanted it to be over.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Punkin Thomas looked down at the weapon in her hand and gave it to 'the new kid'. "Please, take it," she said to Gavin. "I'd rather you have something to defend yourself in the face of insanity, than not. Because whether you like it or not, you're with us." She smiled a sparkling smile at him as she handed over the tingling weapon. Energy to her was a little much to handle, and she felt it coursing through the weapon more readily than the disintegrating ship around them.

~Tag Gavin

Merlin had a weapon, much different and most probably better suited to self-protection and fighting the Wolf. Punkin turned her violet eyes to him and slid it out from between his weakened fingers. If she could stand between he and the Wolf, if she could hang onto his ring... It crackled in her hand, the feeling from the fine-looking duelling pistol. From inside of its heart spoke something so strong and so primal that she stood apart and levelled it at the Wolf.

Had the rocking not confused her aim, when Punkin shot, it might have struck true. But going wide of one of the fighters, it found its way to connect with the other. Yvonne, in her stilted and electronically-generated vocal manner, screamed at the connection. It wasn't a solid hit, but enough to make her off kilter. And then the ship rocked back.

Yvonne slid slowly toward the Big Bad Wolf. And all Punkin could think that this was NOT going to be pretty.

~Tag Woodies

Punkin Thomas
Torchwood 10 Operative
STILL not happy with firing automatic weapons of any type
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:41 am

Had the rocking not confused her aim, when Punkin shot, it might have struck true. But going wide of one of the fighters, it found its way to connect with the other. Yvonne, in her stilted and electronically-generated vocal manner, screamed at the connection. It wasn't a solid hit, but enough to make her off kilter. And then the ship rocked back.

Yvonne slid slowly toward the Big Bad Wolf. And all Punkin could think that this was NOT going to be pretty.

Quin almost cheered when Punkin's shot hit the less than lovely Yvonne. What the Hell, he wanted to go home and he was fed up with doing nothing. He aimed his 'bfg' and fired directly at one of the few parts of Yvonne that wasn't solid metal. It was very satisfying to see the shot go home and to hear Yvonne scream again. Her movement towards the Wolf seemed to speed up yet at the same time it was almost as if everything was suddenly in slow motion.

Quin allowed himself a whoop of sheer pleasure. "We want to go home," he yelled. " A lump of metal and a sad doggie are not going to stop us."
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:22 am

Quin allowed himself a whoop of sheer pleasure. "We want to go home," he yelled. " A lump of metal and a sad doggie are not going to stop us."

Derowen grinned as she scrambled to her feet. "That's the spirit!" she called from across the room. She ducked and rolled as the creature called Wolf swung for her, managing to just about avoid it's claws. "Eve! Go help Grace!"

"Tut tut." she admonished. "It's not nice to play with your food. And you've been playing for far too long with us." Wen was feeling as though things were falling into place in her soul again. And she was seriously pissed off.

Brock held his arms out for Penny to make her way to him. Her feet faltered, something not quite right shining in her eyes as she walked unsteadily across the room. He was too focussed on her to notice.

TAG - all

Wen, in the meantime, had gotten clear of the Wolf, only to find herself a bit too close to Yvonne. The partially turned cyberwoman reached for her, nearly getting hold of Wen's shoulder. Wen ducked, again.

"THis is getting boring." She announced. "Yvonne, I really can't say I like the bruised and battered look. What about a nice cup of tea? Or a warm friendly hug?"

She danced around Yvonne, who wasn't as nimble on her feet now, placed her hands on Yvonnes back and gave her a decent shove, pushing her into the path of the wolf!

TAG - Big Bad Wolf

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:01 am

Fred's eyes followed Derowen. His rift gun handing at his side, held in just his left hand. He already knew it was futile to shot the Wolf with it, and Derowen had some sort of plan for Yvonne, so he couldn't shot her, it... Fred glanced around, his head a whirl of ideas, discarded as they half form, trying to work out what would be the best move to make.

His eyes passed over Brook, and on some subconscious level, his eyes swung towards where Brook was looking. Penny, was slowly stumbling towards Brook. Fred smiled slightly, at the thought that the two would at least get to hold each other again. Yet as he was moving his eyes on, he noticed something odd. He fully focused his attention on Penny, and his smile dissolved into a snarl.

Whatever game the Wolf was playing, it appeared Penny wasn't as free as they had been told. The thought didn't even register in his head, as his right hand whipped out the pistol he'd got from Merlin's collection and fired a bolt off at Penny. His aim was true, his feet held light against the shakes from the ship. The shot hit the left side of Penny's head.

Tag
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Where would we be without Kuruma..?

Active
- Fred BJ Black (Torchwood Ten)
- "Black Scar" (Dragon Squadron, FL)

Forgotten
- Leiutenant Commander Kurayami Sennai / SW-142
- Black / Kageashi / SW-193
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby KerriganMorgan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Eve was, wel, really the hell confused. It was like he had been standing in a fog, or a dream. However, he saw Grace looking for someone to take the wires she held, so he did, holding them just as she had. His mind however, was still feverishly working trying to find someway to comprehend the situation he found himself in.

Suddenly he remembered his Coleridge:

" Is that a Death? and are there two?
Is Death that Woman's mate?

Her lips were red, her looks were free, 190
Her locks were yellow as gold:
Her skin was as white as leprosy,
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold."
Death was certainly the wolf, that much was certain. But who was Death's Mate? Who was Life-In-Death? That ws the question
Everett Jackson, MI-6 Liaison, Torchwood
Captain Kerri Morgan, Captain, USS Pegasus
KerriganMorgan
SLA Recruiting Chair
SLA Recruiting Chair

Postby Tavey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:41 pm

Penny rocked backwards with the force of the shot to her head. She stumbled backwards, falling to the floor.

Wen watched. She'd glanced at Fred, trying to see what he had noticed. But trusting her team, as always, to be able to do what was needed in order for them to survive. She wanted so badly to run to Penny, help her up, take her somewhere safe and wrap her in a warm blanket. But Fred had seen something. And Fred had no emotional ties to her.

In a horrific dance, Penny stood up again. Repeating her previous performance. She held her hands out to Brock, entreating him to come and get her, to bring her to safety.

Wen turned, her eyes suddenly becoming liquid and her back almost burning with heat. She snarled.

"You forgot something." She hissed at the Wolf. "Esther Pennyfeather was an operative. She knew the odds. And she would never, NEVER beg for help!"

Brock's eyes filled with horror and sadness so deep that it could be felt.

She whipped out her gun, pointing it at the entity that was gloating behind Penny.

"You can have the liar, the dalek and that thing you've created instead of our Penny. I'll give you Morgan. And the memories that she holds. You can have it all. We get off the ship now, and I'll throw the keys to the kingdom to you as we exit. Not before. "

TAG - wolfie

She ducked then, the partially metallic arm of Yvonne Hartman whistling through the air above her head.

TAG - all

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 pm

She ducked then, the partially metallic arm of Yvonne Hartman whistling through the air above her head.

"No you don't," Quin yelled. He fired the big gun again at the part of Yvonne that was still flesh and blood. Quin pressed the trigger and kept on firing raking the cyberb***h with shells.

"What do we have to do to kill this thing," he shouted to no one in particular but the group as a whole. Whatever it was Quin was prepared to do it. She had attacked Wen and that was crossing a line that Quin was determined was not to be stepped over.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Gavin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Gavin was fascinated with what was transpiring before him, so much so that he had nearly forgotten the fact that this vessel was spiraling to its doom and that they all needed to get off - now. Suddenly shots had rung out and he ducked defensively, eyes darting about for a spot which might provide some cover, but to no avail. He then glanced over toward the origin of the gunfire, one of the men in the group whom he had not been introduced to as yet, considering his comments for a few seconds as he returned himself to his full height.

"That thing is part machine, presumably designed to network with others of similar design - why not simply isolate its broadcast signal, find a low priority backdoor protocol and work your way into the root?" he answered in an off-handed manner to Quin's query.

Tag: Quin

"All that said, wouldn't it be easier to just get off this thing before we're reduced to atoms along with it?" he posed to all those present, glancing from person to person waiting for a response.

Tag: All
Gavin Morgan
Computer Specialist - Torchwood Ten
Gavin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby Quin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 am

"That thing is part machine, presumably designed to network with others of similar design - why not simply isolate its broadcast signal, find a low priority backdoor protocol and work your way into the root?" he answered in an off-handed manner to Quin's query.

Quin appeared to consider while continuing to fire at Yvonne. "Yeah," he said slowly. "But it wouldn't be nearly as much fun."

He ceased fire for a moment and looked at the stranger. "We've not been introduced," he said. "I'm Quin who or what are you?"
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

PreviousNext

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes