Hidden Depths.

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Re: Hidden Depths.

Postby Delta » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:34 pm

"We're whatever we need to be at the time," Quin replied cryptically. "Seriously though, any information you can give us will be more useful than you can imagine, even if it's only an educated guess."

Seeking to change the topic, and discover more about this group of people, Nigel seized on Quin's first statement.

"Whatever you need to be, except a doctor when your friend as a piece of wood in his shoulder, I think you mean," Nigel said playfully. "Is Torchwood lacking in its recruitment among medical professionals, or do you just normally not require one on your spelunking missions?"

Tag: Quin or Rubin

Quin started up the SUV. "Give me the postcode of your clinic," he said. "No disrespect but I hate taking instructions, people always tell you to turn too late."

"Postcode?" Nigel said, chuckling. "This isn't London, this is Weston Patrick, I don't think that will be necessary. Just continue down this street, and take your second right. The clinic is the third building on your right, my house is the fourth."

Continuing the short distance down the country roads, the SUV came to a stop in front of a small, slightly disapidated building.

A small sign hung on the outside of the building. Stepping out of the SUV, Nigel gestured to it, rolling his eyes. Covering in wheatherbeaten white paint that was slowly peeling off, the sign read "Doctor M.W. Greensborough, MBChB".

"Sorry about that," he explained, "I never got around to changing it after setting up practice here. I hoped I wouldn't be here long enough to need to but, well, here I am, still."

Delta
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Finally, Wen stepped aside and smiled warmly at Punkin. Her question hadn't gone unheard before. Wen's eyes heated for a moment. "I'll sleep wherever you put me." Her voice was nearly lewd. Nearly.

Punkin's face lit up for a moment, eyes locking briefly and softening. Wen hadn't looked at her like that since she got there. The memories of their tender, passionate and almost never ending moments together passed across Punkin's features. There was a promise; an undercurrent that raced around her heart and she turned once more to the land lady.

"Rooms, m'dear? We have a few people needing places to stay, and I was wondering if you had anything we could use for overnight in a pinch."

~Tag owner / bartender of The Shining Vein (oh, what Punkin could say...)

Wen then sat back down again and rolled her head from side to side in order to loosen the tight muscles.

Making a mental note, the palms of Punkin's hands warmed up almost in reaction to Wen's need. It had been so very long... far longer than she cared to admit. And her heart, her arms, her neck and her lips ached...

"So, both vehicles are gone, there aren't probably enough rooms here to accommodate all of us. And on top of that, Brock is seriously pissed off at me. He's got history.."

"With me." Interrupted another voice. Derowen didn't even look up as she snagged a chair and pulled it out for Esther Pennyfeather, who took off her mac, showing a body that was still in good shape considering her age. Esther sat down and rested her arms on the small round table. She fiddled with her fingers.

"Dear Brock. Have you both quite forgiven me yet? It's only been twenty years after all Derowen. You'd think he would remember that it was the summer of love, and we were all a bit wild. Who's going to go to the bar and buy an old lady a gin and tonic?"

Oh great, thought Punkin, someone to throw a wrench into their works. Taking a deep sigh she looked at the lady she recognised from the Church Yard. "You're an old lady?" Punkin sparkled at her and said, "Gin and tonic... I'm assuming that the bar knows how to make it for you specifically..."

~Tag Esther

Watching Rubin leave with that annoying Doctor and Quin, she felt a little more relieved; Quin would do something damaging to that Doctor, 'or Quack' she thought wickedly, if he did anything untoward with Rubin. Besides, they would be doing the male bonding thing; one thing as a female she wished she could witness and of course participate in from a whole different level. Realising that her mind had wandered for a moment, she heard the clearing of the throat and turned to take the Gin & Tonic and apparently, another scotch and took them to the table.

Placing hers in front of Wen, and the G&T in front of Esther, Punkin's fingers gently began reaching into the tense muscles and turned to Tim and Eve. "Well, gentlemen, perhaps you can find some additional rooms?" Smiling, she grudgingly moved one hand as she put a finger into the scotch and swirled it around before popping her fingertip in her mouth. "So," said Punkin, teasing tone and eyes assessing Esther, "You knew Brock and Wen too. Please do tell..."

~Tag Esther / Wen / Anyone left in Pub
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Grace swallowed, hard, trying to balance two conflicting thoughts.

That THING. That's the thing from my nightmares. It's there. Run. Run away. Hide. Sharp. Blood. Death.
That THING. I'm not the only one that sees it. He's seen it too. That means... I'm not mad. And if I'm not mad - neither is he.

She took a step forward.

"Sparky..." warned Stevens.

"I know what I'm doing," she replied without looking back at him. She carried on over to Nicholls and knelt beside him, a consoling arm over his shoulder.

"I believe you. They won't, but I do," she whispered to him. "I'm going to find out what happened to us and I'll get this sorted out."

He stopped sobbing and looked up at her, his strong face tear-stained. "How can you help?" he demanded. "You're dead. I saw you die. I saw them kill you."

Grace closed her eyes. How could he know. How could he have seen what she saw in her own dreams, time and time again. She opened them again, marshalling her thoughts, her feelings. "Then I'll bloody well haunt them. Leave it to me."

She got up and returned to the doorway.

"Poor sod," Stevens shook his head. "Do me a favour - if you ever think I'll end up like that, just shoot me."

Grace's eyes narrowed. Would he shoot her if he knew, thinking he was doing her a favour? Friends like that she didn't need. She glanced at her watch. If she headed straight back, she'd be there by ten. Stevens reached out to take her hand.

"If there's anything..."

"Thanks for letting me know," she interrupted him, pulling away. "I'd better be getting back."

She started down the corridor, wincing at the sound of the guard slamming and locking the door behind them. A inhuman howl cut through the air and she stopped in her tracks.

"What the hell was that?"

"That..." Stevens caught up with her. "is, or rather was, Edward Isaacs." He bent, his lips brushing her ear, "You can ask your friend MacFie about him. She brought him here."

"Derowen? I thought this was a UNIT facility."

"Oh, you'd be surprised who we get in here. Tenner says there'll be at least one your your new friends in here by Christmas."

Grace scowled. "There are some things I don't bet on." With a deep breath, she strode back to the SUV and drove away.

Stevens watched her leave, then pulled out his mobile.

"Blue touchpaper lit," he stated simply and hung up.

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby AJHoyt » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Delta wrote:"Whatever you need to be, except a doctor when your friend as a piece of wood in his shoulder, I think you mean," Nigel said playfully. "Is Torchwood lacking in its recruitment among medical professionals, or do you just normally not require one on your spelunking missions?"

Rubin hunched forward to rest his forehead on the back of Quin's headrest, not caring he was smearing grease on the cool surface of an LCD monitor affixed there. He let his breath out slowly. The pain radiating from his shoulder through his chest ebbed. To distract himself, he said to Nigel playfully, "We have a good doctor. He isn't fully recovered after our last—spelunking mission."

Tag: Quin, Nigel

Delta wrote:Quin started up the SUV. "Give me the postcode of your clinic," he said. "No disrespect but I hate taking instructions, people always tell you to turn too late."

"Postcode?" Nigel said, chuckling. "This isn't London, this is Weston Patrick, I don't think that will be necessary. Just continue down this street, and take your second right. The clinic is the third building on your right, my house is the fourth."

Rubin's unfocussed eyes became aware the screen he was leaning on was flickering. He sat back carefully lest his raincoat shift around the steeple's revenge. He saw through a grease smear what looked like a night vision green, real-time, overhead view of the SUV making a right turn. The viewing altitude seemed to be about 100 feet above the vehicle.

He leaned to the window and peered at the night sky. The shard in his shoulder gave a twist and enough sharp pain to stop his breath. He gave up at observing the observer and sat as still as possible.

"Excellent restraint, Quin. Thanks for not burning the rubber off the tires this time."

Tag: Quin

Delta wrote:Continuing the short distance down the country roads, the SUV came to a stop in front of a small, slightly dilapidated building.

A small sign hung on the outside of the building. Stepping out of the SUV, Nigel gestured to it, rolling his eyes. Covering in weather-beaten white paint that was slowly peeling off, the sign read "Doctor M.W. Greensborough, MBChB".

"Sorry about that," he explained, "I never got around to changing it after setting up practice here. I hoped I wouldn't be here long enough to need to but, well, here I am, still."

Rubin parsed the letters after the erstwhile Dr. Greensborough's name. He said, "Medicinae Baccalaureus et Baccalaureus Chirurgiae."

Quin popped open Rubin's door to stare blankly at him.

Rubin turned sideways and dangled his legs. He knew Quin had a high IQ, but he may have gotten most of his higher education on the streets. "That's fancy for 'Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.' Perhaps he went off to become a 'Master of Surgery' after perfecting his Bachelor carving technique on the local color."

Tag Quin, Nigel

The pain was rising sharp enough that Rubin had begun to hug himself. He hopped carefully to the rain soaked ground. He raised his head to take a look at Nigel. "Let's hope, doctor, you have more Ms than Bs after your name…if that makes any sense at all."

Tag Nigel, Quin
Rubin Hart - former Torchwood One field operative - now in service, Torchwood Ten
AJ Hoyt - Security, B5: Trinidad Station
Charles Cog - Astrophysicist - SG7

"What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down." – Mary Pickford
AJHoyt
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Quin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:26 am

Rubin leaned to the window and peered at the night sky. The shard in his shoulder gave a twist and enough sharp pain to stop his breath. He gave up at observing the observer and sat as still as possible.

"Excellent restraint, Quin. Thanks for not burning the rubber off the tires this time."

"Journey was too short to make it worth my while," Quin said lightly but the concern for his friend was there in his voice.

Continuing the short distance down the country roads, the SUV came to a stop in front of a small, slightly dilapidated building.

A small sign hung on the outside of the building. Stepping out of the SUV, Nigel gestured to it, rolling his eyes. Covering in weather-beaten white paint that was slowly peeling off, the sign read "Doctor M.W. Greensborough, MBChB".

Rubin parsed the letters after the erstwhile Dr. Greensborough's name. He said, "Medicinae Baccalaureus et Baccalaureus Chirurgiae."

Quin popped open Rubin's door to stare blankly at him.

Rubin turned sideways and dangled his legs. He knew Quin had a high IQ, but he may have gotten most of his higher education on the streets. "That's fancy for 'Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.' Perhaps he went off to become a 'Master of Surgery' after perfecting his Bachelor carving technique on the local color."

"Yeah the bloke that carved me up had a load of fancy letters after his name too, including 'Fellow of the Royal Society of Surgeons'. He also had a bad case of the shakes. Letters mean buggar all when there's more than a drop of the hard stuff involved." Quin shuddered reminiscently. "His idea of anaesthesia was a shot of Jack Daniels and it really doesn't do it for me."

The pain was rising sharp enough that Rubin had begun to hug himself. He hopped carefully to the rain soaked ground. He raised his head to take a look at Nigel. "Let's hope, doctor, you have more Ms than Bs after your name…if that makes any sense at all."

Quin quirked an eyebrow. "If he's ever worked A & E in an inner city hospital you'll be fine. Cases like yours are ten a penny there."

Tags boys as and where you like.
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:39 am

Derowen propped her elbows on the table and rested her chin on her hands.

"Brock forgave you a long time ago Penny." She said, her voice, body and eyes giving no hint of the lie that she was speaking. "He was concerned when he found out you were here, but more because there is always a chance with our old teams that someone might target them."

She picked up her pint and took a healthy drink from it. Esther did the same with her Gin and Tonic. Her eyes twinkled with humour and life.

"So who is who?" She asked Punkin. "Derowen I know. Brock wouldn't be here if you could even pry him out of that hole in the ground. Let's see. I saw a darling blonde lad with a cheeky grin. The American who got hurt, he walks and looks like Old School Torchwood. The pretty lass with the deep eyes. She's UNIT if I don't mistake her. The sharp chap with the gun hidden under his arm."

Derowen leaned over and put a hand on Esther's arm. "Penny." She soothed. "Stop."

TAG - Punkin.

=============================

Meanwhile, in the graveyard, a small glow illuminated the depths of the hole. From deep deep within the earth, a single tight beam of violet light shot up towards the sky. One single burst of information danced to the stars with it.

"Torchwood."

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KerriganMorgan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:40 pm

Eve sat in the bar wondering if all Torchwood did was sit in bars and drink. Not that there was anything wrong with drinking, he certainly did his share, but they seemed to jsut be sitting. of course, sitting and drinking was far better than to have to rationally explain why they were all concerned with a hole in the ground. He sipped the scotch and soda and wondered if the sidearm underneath his arm was as obvious to others as it was to him.

He should make an effort to get to know the people he was going to be working ith, but it was always hard when you were forced into a group that already had a working relationship that was strong. So he sat off to the side, away from the group but still a part of it, watching their interactions.

tag anyone
Everett Jackson, MI-6 Liaison, Torchwood
Captain Kerri Morgan, Captain, USS Pegasus
KerriganMorgan
SLA Recruiting Chair
SLA Recruiting Chair

Postby Delta » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:17 am

"Yeah the bloke that carved me up had a load of fancy letters after his name too, including 'Fellow of the Royal Society of Surgeons'. He also had a bad case of the shakes. Letters mean buggar all when there's more than a drop of the hard stuff involved." Quin shuddered reminiscently. "His idea of anaesthesia was a shot of Jack Daniels and it really doesn't do it for me."

Standing behind Quin, Nigel ran a hand over his face and through his hair, as he stared solemly at the ground. At least he now understood why Quin harboured such great distrust for him, even if he still wondered what Quin must have endured to be forced to see a doctor in such a situation.

Sensing Rubin's pain as he watched the injured man, Nigel hunkered down, and wrapped an arm around Rubin. "Lean on me," he said, softly, as the group walked to the clinic's front door.

Quin quirked an eyebrow. "If he's ever worked A & E in an inner city hospital you'll be fine. Cases like yours are ten a penny there."

Working an old key into the door's antiquated lock, Nigel led the men into the clinic's waiting room. Pointing to a door at the end of a short hallway, Nigel told Rubin to wait in that room for him. He gestured for Quin to follow him into a tiny supply room, filled with clothing and sanitization equipment.

Tag: Quin, Rubin

Carefully closing the locking the door, Nigel pushed Quin against a series of shelves. "We need to talk."

With barely an inch separating the two, eyes widened and voice ragged, Nigel leaned down to whisper to Quin, hoping Rubin would not be able to hear him.

"When this surgery is over, you're going to buy me that drink you promised, and I'll let you use me and my profession as a punching bag, figuratively and physically, for all your life's hardships, as much as you'd like. In front of your friend, my patient, however, you're going to have to give me the respect I deserve. I'm only human, I need your confidence in me, and your friend needs to see that confidence, if you want him to be confortable with me slicing into his shoulder."

Before giving Quin a chance to speak, Nigel grabbed two pairs of scrubs from the shelving behind the man, one for himself, and one which he shoved roughly into Quin's chest. "You understand?" he said flatly. "Good. Now put on these, and follow me. I'm going to need a nurse, and you're it."

Delta
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:54 am

"So who is who?" She asked Punkin. "Derowen I know. Brock wouldn't be here if you could even pry him out of that hole in the ground. Let's see. I saw a darling blonde lad with a cheeky grin. The American who got hurt, he walks and looks like Old School Torchwood. The pretty lass with the deep eyes. She's UNIT if I don't mistake her. The sharp chap with the gun hidden under his arm."

Derowen leaned over and put a hand on Esther's arm. "Penny." She soothed. "Stop."

"Yes, Penny," said Punkin, feeling a little out of sorts suddenly; must be because of the newcomer's interest and obvious focus on Wen. It felt almost like past history was rubbing her in all the wrong ways. "Stop." She moved her head gently, neck feeling a little stiff and achy... must be tuning into Rubin's energy or some such nonsense. Leaning over she looked at Esther into her empty glass and said, without answering her questions, "You look like you need another," and walked over to the bar.

She passed by Eve and said, "MI-6 guy, right?" She looked him over; nice looking, tall... "Why sitting over here alone?" She indicated the table where Wen and Penny were sitting and said, "There are extra chairs there. Why don't you join us, dearest?"

~Tag Eve

Walking to the bar, she called over her shoulder, "Another pint, Wen? And you, Eve, what are you drinking?"

~Tag Wen / Eve

Smiling politely, she shook her head like an itch at the back of her skull cleared and she looked back at the table. "It IS another G & T, isn't it Ms. Pennyfeather?"

~Tag Esther
USS Legacy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Smiling politely, Punkin shook her head like an itch at the back of her skull cleared and she looked back at the table. "It IS another G & T, isn't it Ms. Pennyfeather?"

"Yes, thank you." Replied Esther. Her eyes were sharp as she watched Punkin move to the bar. The gaze was turned towards Derowen within seconds.

"Jealous little thing, isn't she?" the comment was delivered in a gentle tone, but had a bite nonetheless. Derowen flinched. Then scowled at the other woman sitting beside her.

"Punkin has been through a lot Penny. She's only just found out that the entire time we've been together I had another life. I didn't tell her about Torchwood. She found it out by herself. Cut her some slack." It was Esther's turn to drop her gaze to the table. She extended a slender finger and played with the small ring of condensation from her previous drink.

"You still do it then. It's always been a stupid side of you Derowen MacFie. Falling for people who cannot understand. Does she even know about.. you know.." Esther mimed something that could have been construed as rude, were it not for the fact that it was the manner of someone pulling a sword from it's sheath. "What will she do when she realises how old you are? How many loves you've had, still have? You are the most selfish person I've ever met Mac. The most irresponsible little slu..."

"Penny!" Wen's hand whipped out and cupped the cheek of the other woman. She leaned in very close. A little too close in some ways. "Shut up. Now. You'll get your pound of flesh and blood. But not now." Her fingers curved a little, dimpling the skin. "I mean it."

She popped a kiss on Esthers cheek and shifted her seat slightly.

"Come on over then." she waved to Eve. "You can't sit over there by yourself all night. You have to get to know us sooner or later!"

TAG - Eve

By then, Punkin had returned to the table with the drinks in her hands. Wen helped her set them down. She grinned her thanks as she sipped from her pint.

"Did Esther tell you about the time we got a resident of Frina to show us how to pole dance? All tentacles they are. The entire Hub was a party back then. I think Brock still has the oil thingy he used to shine on the walls around somewhere."

TAG - Punkin,
TAG - Eve
(are we it in the Pub right now?)

"I've got better than that, Mac. Here." Esther pulled out a small grey box from her handbag and placed it on the table. She pressed a button and Wen winced at the sight of her long legs in a mini-dress and knee high boots dancing to some odd music in the background.

"You said you'd gotten rid of that.." She accused. Esther smiled one of those entirely too gleeful smiles that friends use when they've gotten one over. "I lied deary."

TAGs

((OOC - love the tension in the Docs office. Nice one chaps!))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Mrs. Latimer, the landlady of The Shining Vein walked over to their table, wiping her hands on a cloth. She had a worried look on her face as she approached them.

"Did I hear you talking about rooms?" she asked. When Derowen nodded, she continued "Only I don't have any available see. Had a bit of an issue with broken windows and the like recently. Until they get fixed, I don't have anything to offer."

"Is there anything else in the area?" asked Wen.

"No." "Nothing nearby Wen." Replied both Mrs. Latimer and Esther at around the same time.

"How about your place Penny?" Wen began to add up numbers of sleeping bodies and inwardly shuddered. No matter what they did, there wasn't going to be enough space.

"I've got a spare." Pennyfeather considered the same thing. "But no more than one or two Derowen."

Wen took another swallow of her pint. She thanked the landlady, who returned to the busy bar and the banter that was flowing from one local to another along it's length.

"Well then. Looks like some of us are going to have to go back to London tonight."

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:19 pm

Sensing Rubin's pain as he watched the injured man, Nigel hunkered down, and wrapped an arm around Rubin. "Lean on me," he said, softly, as the group walked to the clinic's front door.

Working an old key into the door's antiquated lock, Nigel led the men into the clinic's waiting room. Pointing to a door at the end of a short hallway, Nigel told Rubin to wait in that room for him. He gestured for Quin to follow him into a tiny supply room, filled with clothing and sanitization equipment.

Carefully closing the locking the door, Nigel pushed Quin against a series of shelves. "We need to talk."

With barely an inch separating the two, eyes widened and voice ragged, Nigel leaned down to whisper to Quin, hoping Rubin would not be able to hear him.

"When this surgery is over, you're going to buy me that drink you promised, and I'll let you use me and my profession as a punching bag, figuratively and physically, for all your life's hardships, as much as you'd like. In front of your friend, my patient, however, you're going to have to give me the respect I deserve. I'm only human, I need your confidence in me, and your friend needs to see that confidence, if you want him to be confortable with me slicing into his shoulder."

Before giving Quin a chance to speak, Nigel grabbed two pairs of scrubs from the shelving behind the man, one for himself, and one which he shoved roughly into Quin's chest. "You understand?" he said flatly. "Good. Now put on these, and follow me. I'm going to need a nurse, and you're it."

"Get over yourself Doc," Quin said softly. "Did I say I doubted you?" He smiled sweetly. "If I had any doubts about your ability you would not be getting anywhere near my friend in there. Now stop buggaring about and let's get on with it."

He held up the scrubs. "These look a little large for me but I guess they'll do."

Quin stripped down to his boxers and put the scrubs on. He rolled the trouser legs up so that he could walk without tripping over them.

"Tell me what to do," he said, "I won't let you down and I won't pass out at the sight of blood."
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:45 pm

"Well then. Looks like some of us are going to have to go back to London tonight."

Punkin looked at how cosy Wen and Penny were, old friends with a history. Well, hell, where did she fit into that little party? And Rubin? Well the dear man with the massive splinter must have made it to the Doctor's office by now. She rolled her eyes as she thought of Gladstone; stupid ass was full of himself in an armpit place with a hole in the ground. Or was it a hole in the ground with an armpit? Either way, in her rather snarky head, seemed to work for her.

It was strange, she hadn't felt off before. Perhaps it had something to do with her first outing with Torchwood as an official member, or that she broke an expensive and probably irreplaceable piece of equipment, or that Rubin, in his infinite wisdom felt it necessary to put himself out of commission or that Wen was now, despite her initial seeming interest after their lack of any conversations of merit was now firmly entrenched with Esther Pennyfeather... And she would be damned to look for something with that posturing Quack for this developing headache that had Torchwood emblazoned on it in big, bold flashing letters.

She picked up the phone to call Quin and find out what was going on with them. But as the phone rang and rang without response, she had made up her mind, regardless of the outcome that she would bloody well head back to the Hub.

"I'll go Wen," she said over her shoulder as she ended the call once more.

~Tag Wen / Esther

'Obsess much?' Punkin thought as she noticed with some surprise that she had actually dialled Quin at least 3 times while she was only thinking of doing it once. Must be the liquor in combination with the lack of food and she went to the bar once more. Clearing her throat and removing her jacket, Punkin leaned over and smiled sweetly. Her violet eyes gazed at the bartender and looked into his to gain his attention.

He seemed a little pleased by her attention and walked to her, eyebrows raised in a question, and a bit of hope. "Jay Two Oh, please." In response to the disappointed look, she nodded. "Yes, that's it."

Picking up the bowl of pork scratchings next to her elbow along with her non-alcoholic bevie, she made her way back to the table. "It'll be easier for everyone all around, if I volunteer."

And she picked through the bowl, munching noisily on its contents, stomach happily digesting and she placed them back on their shared table standing up once more. "Calling Quin to see how they're coming along..." And with only one SUV; hell, where was Grace?

~Tag Quin via phone (at your leisure, dearest) / Anyone in the Pub and break it up at any point as you see fit
**OOC - And thanks so much Foxy lady for your guidance with UK-isms...
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:31 pm

"I'll go Wen," Punkin said over her shoulder as she ended the call once more.

Derowen nodded. She was beginning to get tired of the never ending mood swings with Punkin. They'd always had an open relationship in the terms of what was good for one, was good for them both. But the way that Punkin's eyes clouded over with pain, or anger whenever she saw Wen sitting with her team, talking to any of them in any kind of way that bespoke of warmth, wrote volumes about the truth of that.

Her Team, whether they were recent, or past. They were her family, such as she had. And nobody was going to get in the middle of that with petty jealousy.

Picking up the bowl of pork scratchings next to her elbow along with her non-alcoholic bevie, Punkin made her way back to the table. "It'll be easier for everyone all around, if I volunteer."

"Easier for everyone, or easier for you?" Suddenly Wen had had enough. "Seems to me that you've taken to only thinking of yourself Punkin Thomas. What with not even looking to see if I was alright in the rift room, having lost two members of the team within moments. And not for the first time. That was the third time around for me, in the same situation. Did you ever think of that while you were sightseeing around London?"

She leaned forward, while Punkin made a show of crunching her snack. "Penny is an old friend. She was part of the Torchwood Ten team in the 1960's. I haven't seen her since 1971. It's perfectly acceptable for us to talk, like old friends, old work colleagues..." She stopped suddenly. She'd never told Punkin her age, or even hinted there was anything odd about her. Even the sword had been passed off as a brand along her spine. Punkin was always the special one. Derowen MacFie had made sure that was the dynamic between them in order to keep Punkin's belief in herself strong and vibrant. To keep her ignorant. Safe.

Punkin picked through the bowl, munching noisily on its contents, stomach happily digesting and she placed them back on their shared table standing up once more. "Calling Quin to see how they're coming along..." And with only one SUV; hell, where was Grace?

"And leave Quin alone. Your repeated phone calls might well be interrupting something delicate. What if the sound makes any of them jump? They will be ready when they are ready. Stop trying to make it change to your advantage."

TAG - Punkin

Her back tingled suddenly, as the thing inside her woke up and uncoiled, feeling the heat of her anger.

(TAG - Eve, if you want to notice anything different)

Esther snapped her fingers. "Done?" she demanded when they both turned sharply to look at her. "Personal conflict stays off the job Derowen. Wasn't that rule number one? The pretty thing has your brain in a jumble."

"Penny. I'll stay at yours tonight. You are quite correct. Personal feelings have no place in what we do. They always make a mess of it." Wen sounded contrite, but her fingers danced on the table, giving the lie to her words.

"Don't tell me. I'm still making up for Brock, Nancy and that sex goddess thing." muttered Esther, realising that there was something deep inside Derowen that needed lancing if she was to be able to move on. Something that had festered for a while, she judged with the experienced old eyes of a long time friend.

"So settle down the pair of you and let me tell you all about the things this woman used to do. Did she ever tell you about the dance floor that she just had to have set up in the gym?"

TAG - Punkin
TAG - Eve

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:48 am

As she parked the SUV, Grace glanced at the clock. Ten past. Not too bad, but still worth coming in with a peace offering. She'd had a text from Quin answering her all subs, but nothing from anyone else, so she'd have to wing it.

She entered the pub ducked into the Ladies. She looked a state - red eyed as a bunny in a cosmetics lab and jittery with it. She ran some cold water into a basin and splashed herself, pulling out a comb and lippy to make do as best as she could. Maybe they wouldn't notice. OK, maybe they would but accept it as part of her general demenour. She needed to get that food in - with a bit of luck they'd pay that more attention than her.

Reasonably satisfied, she exited the restaurant. Well, the sign said restaurant, it was really just a couple of tables with cutlery on and a half hearted attempt to fold the napkins in an interested way. Kind of Wilted Swan effect.

She caught a passing barmaid.

"Can I get chips for..." She paused a moment - how many were they? Presumably she should cover the biddie, but what about the spook? Still, pubs tended to do reasonable portions and maybe not everyone was hungry. "... chips for six, wrapped - and what do you have in the pickled line...?"

~~~~~

Grace approached the table, bags of chips in her arms that she deposited in front of Wen.

"Sorry I'm late, boss. Diverted via snackage." She looked around. "The boys still busy?"

TAG - whoever wants to update Grace

"Shame, I'd hate to see this go to waste..." she waved the wrapped gherkin. "Quin's wally... or is that Quin's a wally? Whatever..."

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby KerriganMorgan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:01 am

Her back tingled suddenly, as the thing inside her woke up and uncoiled, feeling the heat of her anger.

Eve quirked an eyebrow as he watched her. Not only was he surprised by her outburst, the nature of which made him a bit uncomfortable, but he thought he saw something....move....inside her body. 'Better not to mention it' He said to himself nodding. 'Women are touchy about their bodies and besides it was probably his imagination....maybe.'

"So settle down the pair of you and let me tell you all about the things this woman used to do. Did she ever tell you about the dance floor that she just had to have set up in the gym?"

"Dance Floor?" Eve repeated. "As far as going back to london, I don't mind. I'm sure the last thing either of you want it a half naked man running through the house."
KerriganMorgan
SLA Recruiting Chair
SLA Recruiting Chair

Postby Delta » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:06 pm

"Get over yourself Doc," Quin said softly. "Did I say I doubted you?" He smiled sweetly. "If I had any doubts about your ability you would not be getting anywhere near my friend in there. Now stop buggaring about and let's get on with it."

He held up the scrubs. "These look a little large for me but I guess they'll do."

Quin stripped down to his boxers and put the scrubs on. He rolled the trouser legs up so that he could walk without tripping over them.

"Tell me what to do," he said, "I won't let you down and I won't pass out at the sight of blood."

"I'd expect nothing less," Nigel said, nodding. "Go join your friend, I have to gather some supplies."

Waiting until Quin had left the room, Nigel removed the small petri dish from his pocket, placing it on a nearby shelf, where he hoped no one would notice it, for the time being, at least. After changing into the scrubs himself, he left the small closet and went into a back room where he began to meticulously gather the supplies he would need for Rubin’s surgery.

Carrying medical supplies on a small tray, he eventually joined the two men in the examining room. The only decently sized room in the entire clinic, the area seemed a haphazard mixture of antiquated furniture and new medical equipment. He saw Rubin, already sat obediently on the examining table, hugging himself tightly as his face betrayed the pain speeding through his body. Quin stood nearby his friend, obediently waiting for Nigel to arrive.

Placing a hand on Rubin’s uninjured shoulder, Nigel looked down on him, a concerned expression on his face. “Don’t worry, I’ll be ready to start soon. How’s the pain?”

Tag: Rubin, Quin

Laying the supplies down on a small trolly nearly Rubin, Nigel instructed Quin to join him in the back of the room, at a small sink, where they sterilized their hands and forearms. Moving back to Rubin, Nigel began to help Rubin remove his jacket and shirt.

“I’d like to get you out of as much of your clothing as possible. The fact that both your jacket and shirt appears to be caught underneath the wooden stake, as well as the dried blood which has adhered your clothing to your body means that I’m going to have to cut these pieces of clothing away from around the wound, as close as possible to the actual wound, if possible.”

Picking up a large pair of surgical scissors, Nigel flashed a quick smile, before instructing Rubin to lie on the table, on his stomach.

“I hope this wasn’t your favourite jacket.”

Delta
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby brawl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Tim stood in the graveyard, glad to be away from the bar. The smell of hard liquor was starting to become too much for him. It didn't help that the few pretty ones reeked of it. Memories of body shots seemed to creep into his mind before he turned to the task at hand.

Drunk also meant easy to question, especially when the girls realized he was foreign. It was odd to consider himself foreign, but whatever.

The important thing was that he learned the bottomless pit wasn't the only thing to happen in the cemetery. Although the girls hadn't been very coherent, he got enough out of them to know weird stuff had been happening for years. That revelation resulted in what he was doing right now, standing in the middle of a graveyard, digital recorder in his hand.

He had performed EVP's for years. By running a voice recorder in a "haunted" space, you could pick up various sounds and voices not audible to the naked ear. Sometimes, it was incredibly clear, others took a little work at the computer, but if the site was genuine, he'd get something.

"Alright," he said, holding up the recorder. He pushed the record button. "Whoever you bastards are, start talking to me."
~ Captain Michael S Tucker, CO, USS Ark Royal NCC-71331 ~
~ Lieutenant Michael Thornton, CENG, USS Pegasus ~
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby KendleRJ » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:49 pm

"Easier for everyone, or easier for you?" Suddenly Wen had had enough. "Seems to me that you've taken to only thinking of yourself Punkin Thomas. What with not even looking to see if I was alright in the rift room, having lost two members of the team within moments. And not for the first time. That was the third time around for me, in the same situation. Did you ever think of that while you were sightseeing around London?"

She leaned forward, while Punkin made a show of crunching her snack. "Penny is an old friend. She was part of the Torchwood Ten team in the 1960's. I haven't seen her since 1971. It's perfectly acceptable for us to talk, like old friends, old work colleagues..." She stopped suddenly. She'd never told Punkin her age, or even hinted there was anything odd about her. Even the sword had been passed off as a brand along her spine. Punkin was always the special one. Derowen MacFie had made sure that was the dynamic between them in order to keep Punkin's belief in herself strong and vibrant. To keep her ignorant. Safe.

Punkin picked through the bowl, munching noisily on its contents, stomach happily digesting and she placed them back on their shared table standing up once more. "Calling Quin to see how they're coming along..." And with only one SUV; hell, where was Grace?

"And leave Quin alone. Your repeated phone calls might well be interrupting something delicate. What if the sound makes any of them jump? They will be ready when they are ready. Stop trying to make it change to your advantage."

"Easier for YOU." Punkin let that sit for a moment. "You want this here and now Ms. Derowen MacFie, then fine." Her violet eyes flashed and the anger rolled out of her like a wave. "You had this life, apparently LONG before you ever met me," she said, eyeing Esther Pennyfeather. "And I seem to recall YOU finding ME, not the other way around in the very beginning." She stopped a moment and thought to clarify. "At least MY beginning, Wen. But you've had hundreds of those, haven't you?"

There was no pain in her voice, nothing but an insensed twist, her having just discovered that the lies and betrayal went back decades apparently. "In the Rift Room, I left you to yourself. Seemed to always be the right thing when you got like that at home," she again stopped to correct herself. "MY home," she said, "Since this is obviously your home that I, until less than a fortnight ago knew nothing about. Only guessed about. Never asked about, or maybe I DID," she said, gaining momentum. "Perhaps you once, in a fit of remorse and guilt, opened up to me about everything you did, only to give me something to forget it all. And I left you in that state in the Rift Room, waiting for you to remember me in the middle somewhere. Knowing full well that had you even thought twice about me, would have gotten a message to me. Or even emerged from your self-imposed cocoon that none of the other members saw fit to pierce either. Did you think about THAT as you were being the martyr?" Her voice got very low, shaking with anger and pent up frustration that seemed to bubble up and coalesce like a physical shimmer before her. "You told Brock. He knew you had gotten SHOT Wen. Shared that at a time that was best-served at YOUR advantage, I seem to recall." There was a building of something, a palpable energy unwinding its way from somewhere, but Punkin felt far too distracted to pinpoint. There seemed to be many such things in this quaint little village.

"If you hadn't felt so high and mighty, I might actually have REMEMBERED one of the other goes 'round, but no. You decided that was not to be. YOU, Wen. YOU dictated what I would do, and have done all along. Kept me in Tintagel, away from here. Because this was more important to you?" She looked at the table where Eve was sitting and thought on the others and the ones lost. "It has to be, love. These people and you are the only thing standing between Earth and what's out there. I can't grudge you a life without me, never have before."

Steam slowly dissipating as the anger she felt began winding down. "What I mind, what I grudge, and what bothers me most of all, Ms. MacFie is the fact that you have avoided speaking with me since I arrived. Once, in your rooms, which I have never set foot in again without your express invitation, which, I might add, was never forthcoming," there were no tears, and a pent up frustration burst forth. "There's been a wall between us Wen, since I arrived. If I made you that bloody uncomfy, then why didn't you just let me go back to Tintagel? In the dark and blissfully ignorant of all of this?"

Tossing her phone to Wen she said, "Rubin Hart has a bloody great stick in his shoulder. A member of YOUR TEAM. And here you sit, letting Quin take care of it, drinking your pint and catching up with old friends. Which is fine. No one will ever dictate to you. Especially not me. Here's the phone, just in case I get another burning desire to use it." Tossing her firearm and holster across the table at her she said, "Best take that as well since I'm not sure if I'll go off half-cocked and use that too."

"Ms. Pennyfeather," said Punkin, face serene and eyes clear, "I am truly sorry for this outburst. I really am not in the mood for reminiscing or discovering anything more about Derowen MacFie this evening." She stood and stuck her hand out, feeling extremely out of sorts. "I think I must be coming down with something; my head is pounding and I feel antsy enough not to be able to sit still." She made no attempt to retrieve anything from the table. "I'm obviously no good company tonight, perhaps a good night's sleep and a warm breakfast in London might just do the trick." Her lips curled into an easy smile but her eyes were pinched in pain. The physical variety.

At that point, Grace entered, with chips for the table. Punkin looked down at them and nodded at Grace, tight-lipped. She was not in the mood for catch up. She was in the mood for walking. And at a fast clip as well.

"Shame, I'd hate to see this go to waste..." Grace waved the wrapped gherkin. "Quin's wally... or is that Quin's a wally? Whatever..."

Punkin stuck out her hand. "Give it 'ere," she said, "I'm going for a walk to the Doctor's place to do a personal check-in. Lord knows that if Quin could have ordered food, that he's up to eating it." She had put her jacket back on, ruffled feathers laid flat under the restrictive jacket. "I've got lots of changing to do, of course, to my advantage." The words were Wen's, but Punkin no more acknowledged her as she made her way to the door.

~Tag any brave enough or stupid enough to get in her way... and Foxy, your choice about the Gherkin... Punkin's going anyway
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Esther Pennyfeather grabbed Derowen's arm and squeezed painfully tight.

"You arrogant selfish bi*ch." She snarled, losing her nice little old lady for a moment. "I'll take care of the poor lass. But you, you have to stop this. Before you lose what humanity you have left. You can still come to stay. But we will take care of some things Miss. And right now, one of those things is leaving."

She slid the things that Punkin had left on the table into her handbag, and stood up. Weaving her way through the tables, Esther tried not to fume too loudly as she passed her friends.

"Stop." she said. "Punkin Thomas. Please. My legs can't move as fast as yours do." Her voice sounded a bit breathless.

TAG - Punkin.

"Let's take a walk." She suggested, a small smile lighting her face. "There are some things you need to know about Derowen MacFie. And some things you need to understand about her. I've got some of the answers. Maybe I can help. Besides, I never found anything that a good old weep with an old biddy didn't cure."

TAG - Punkin.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:13 pm

<snip>.

"At least MY beginning, Wen. But you've had hundreds of those, haven't you?"

“No.” Wen interrupted. “I’ve had two beginnings. One when I was born, and one when I was brought into Torchwood. But yes. I’ve been alive longer than you will ever understand. And no, I can’t tell you here and now about it.”

<Snip>

Steam slowly dissipating as the anger she felt began winding down. "What I mind, what I grudge, and what bothers me most of all, Ms. MacFie is the fact that you have avoided speaking with me since I arrived. Once, in your rooms, which I have never set foot in again without your express invitation, which, I might add, was never forthcoming," there were no tears, and a pent up frustration burst forth. "There's been a wall between us Wen, since I arrived. If I made you that bloody uncomfy, then why didn't you just let me go back to Tintagel? In the dark and blissfully ignorant of all of this?"

“The door to my room has always been open Punkin. Did you not notice that even when I asked to be left alone, that it was still open enough for anyone to come in. Never locked. But between the time you walked through the door of the Hub, to the time we got on the road to come here, we spent all of about three hours together. That’s all. in the middle of chaos and Rift activity. Losing Fred and Eric. Fred’s friend Hugh. Of healing and grieving. In the middle of all that Punkin. Three hours. Fred was the man I told you about."

"That’s all there was. You are right. Brock knew I had been shot. Brock was there. You weren’t. And I couldn’t just say 'Oh look, it’s the end of the entire world, I’ll sit it out. I’ve got an owie.' It doesn’t work that way. You might call it being a martyr. You aren’t the first, you won’t be the last. But it’s what I do Punkin. What I am. What I have always been.”

Wen paused for breath. She was about to continue, but Punkin jumped in.

Tossing her phone to Wen she said, "Rubin Hart has a bloody great stick in his shoulder. A member of YOUR TEAM. And here you sit, letting Quin take care of it, drinking your pint and catching up with old friends. Which is fine. No one will ever dictate to you. Especially not me. Here's the phone, just in case I get another burning desire to use it." Tossing her firearm and holster across the table at her she said, "Best take that as well since I'm not sure if I'll go off half-cocked and use that too."

“I trust Quin to let me know. And you aren’t exactly blameless in the sitting in a pub. Shoulder your own part of it. Besides. The Doctor’s office is being monitored by now. I can see it all, whenever I need to. Haven’t you noticed me checking my phone screen every now and then? Rubin is fine. In pain, but fine. The boys are about to work on his injury.”

Punkin stuck out her hand. "Give it 'ere," she said, "I'm going for a walk to the Doctor's place to do a personal check-in. Lord knows that if Quin could have ordered food, that he's up to eating it." She had put her jacket back on, ruffled feathers laid flat under the restrictive jacket. "I've got lots of changing to do, of course, to my advantage." The words were Wen's, but Punkin no more acknowledged her as she made her way to the door.

Esther Pennyfeather grabbed Derowen's arm and squeezed painfully tight.

"You arrogant selfish bi*ch." She snarled, losing her nice little old lady for a moment. "I'll take care of the poor lass. But you, you have to stop this. Before you lose what humanity you have left. You can still come to stay. But we will take care of some things Miss. And right now, one of those things is leaving."

Wen just shook her head sadly. Even Penny had come under Punkin’s vibrant personality. it washed around folk like a spell sometimes. “Go to her Penny. Try and explain. If she’ll listen. I’m sorry our meeting again after so long had to be like this.” She sounded lost, wistful for a moment. “I wanted to show them all how Torchwood is the same, no matter when it was from. Wanted them to see. For her to see. I’m not a monster, even with ...” Her voice trailed off. Esther Pennyfeather was walking away.

Derowen stared at the table they had been sitting at when they left. She no longer felt as though she was even able to stand. She picked up the rest of her drink and finished it in a few long swallows. Then looked across at Eve, watching them all.

“She’s overwrought.” Wen excused Punkin. “Doesn’t always act like this. But sometimes the world is a bit hard for her. She’s had a bit of a shock. I’m sure you’ve read my dossier by now. You can understand. Somewhat.”

TAG - Eve

Then her eyes found Grace. Her face paled at how dishevelled Grace was looking. Her eyes looked haunted. Well, more haunted than usual. Wen stood up immediately and hurried over. “Grace.” she said simply. “Looks like you’ve been on the road too long. What can I get you?”

She gestured to Eve to pull out a chair for Grace.

Derowen knew, deep down knew, that this would seem like another betrayal on top of so many to Punkin. But also knew she could do nothing to prevent that. This ranked up there in the history of their fights. When they had them. Right up there with The Holiday in Cairo, and The Stupid Movie Night Crisis. Ones they laughed about afterwards, but that had been serious and hurtful at the time.

(( OOC - Apologies for the length chaps. ))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby AJHoyt » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 pm

[Meanwhile, back at the Gladstone residence]

Delta wrote:"Tell me what to do," Quin said, "I won't let you down and I won't pass out at the sight of blood."

"I'd expect nothing less," Nigel said, nodding. "Go join your friend, I have to gather some supplies."

Rubin had read all the equipment labels he could make out from his perch on the examining table. "I wonder," he said aloud to himself, "if he's got the machine that goes 'PING!!' "

Still fully clothed, he sat very straight, arms crossed over his chest, injured shoulder higher than the other. He could feel his arms pressing his snub-nosed .38 against his chest. The thought of the impaling shard triggering excruciating pain from any attempt at removing his shoulder holster made him blanch. He'd just have to explain the presence of the gun to the doctor and trust the man would be cognizant enough to know it wasn't going to go off during surgery.

Quin came in, his hazel eyes black like he was coming down from being angry. Rubin decided he understood why. He smiled at Quin's baggy, ill fitting green scrubs. "Is it open in the back so your naked bike rack hangs out? That's how they dress in American hospitals. I've always been too afraid to ask why."

Delta wrote:Carrying medical supplies on a small tray, he eventually joined the two men in the examining room. The only decently sized room in the entire clinic, the area seemed a haphazard mixture of antiquated furniture and new medical equipment. He saw Rubin, already sat obediently on the examining table, hugging himself tightly as his face betrayed the pain speeding through his body. Quin stood nearby his friend, obediently waiting for Nigel to arrive.

Placing a hand on Rubin's uninjured shoulder, Nigel looked down on him, a concerned expression on his face. "Don't worry, I'll be ready to start soon. How's the pain?"

Rubin said honestly, "Just tolerable, for now. I'm glad I'm not way out in the field with an injury like this, though. I'd soon be screaming my head off."

Delta wrote:Laying the supplies down on a small trolly nearly Rubin, Nigel instructed Quin to join him in the back of the room, at a small sink, where they sterilized their hands and forearms. Moving back to Rubin, Nigel began to help Rubin remove his jacket and shirt.

"I'd like to get you out of as much of your clothing as possible. The fact that both your jacket and shirt appears to be caught underneath the wooden stake, as well as the dried blood which has adhered your clothing to your body means that I'm going to have to cut these pieces of clothing away from around the wound, as close as possible to the actual wound, if possible."

Picking up a large pair of surgical scissors, Nigel flashed a quick smile, before instructing Rubin to lie on the table, on his stomach.

"I hope this wasn't your favourite jacket."

Rubin smiled through the growing agony of his shoulder. "I wore it new to impress that gorgeous redhead you were crossing swords with in the pub. But, she was more amused than impressed with it, so cut away with abandon, Doc. Fair warning, I'm wearing a shoulder holster. I'd like to save it intact if possible, but it isn't absolutely necessary."

Tag Nigel, Quin

Rubin gave a couple of loud grunts of pain as he eased himself over onto his stomach. He laid himself out as best he could. The examining table was cool and emitted a faint citrus scent. His shoulder stabbed pain through his chest and stomach with each heartbeat. He pinched up his face anticipating the pain for clothes being cut free.

Tag Nigel, Quin
Rubin Hart - former Torchwood One field operative - now in service, Torchwood Ten
AJ Hoyt - Security, B5: Trinidad Station
Charles Cog - Astrophysicist - SG7

"What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down." – Mary Pickford
AJHoyt
Commodore
Commodore

Postby brawl » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Tim was in his own little world once again. He sat in the back of his SUV, working furiously on the laptop. A pair of ancient headphones sat atop his head. He was only in the graveyard a half hour and he hoped that would be enough.

He stopped as the recorder reached 17:24. Something there.

Loop back.

Cut background noise.

Loop again.

"Son of a bitch," Tim muttered.
~ Captain Michael S Tucker, CO, USS Ark Royal NCC-71331 ~
~ Lieutenant Michael Thornton, CENG, USS Pegasus ~
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby KerriganMorgan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:42 pm

“She’s overwrought.” Wen excused Punkin. “Doesn’t always act like this. But sometimes the world is a bit hard for her. She’s had a bit of a shock. I’m sure you’ve read my dossier by now. You can understand. Somewhat.”

"Overwrought isn't the word I'd use. Pissed as bloody hell is more like it. Quite a speech she gave, but I've found it's just not worth it to make a lesbian angry. It's like that little dutch boy who plugged the hole in the dyke." He smiled impudently. "Fitting analogy no?"

Then her eyes found Grace. Her face paled at how dishevelled Grace was looking. Her eyes looked haunted. Well, more haunted than usual. Wen stood up immediately and hurried over. “Grace.” she said simply. “Looks like you’ve been on the road too long. What can I get you?”

She gestured to Eve to pull out a chair for Grace.

Eve did so and waited for Grace to sit down. He smiled at the newcomer, he wanted to get to know all of the team. "I'm Eve." he said by way of introduction. He didn't add that his ,mother wanted a girl. The closest thing she got was a gay son, that had to count for something didn't it?
KerriganMorgan
SLA Recruiting Chair
SLA Recruiting Chair

Postby Delta » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:13 pm

"I hope this wasn't your favourite jacket."

Rubin smiled through the growing agony of his shoulder. "I wore it new to impress that gorgeous redhead you were crossing swords with in the pub. But, she was more amused than impressed with it, so cut away with abandon, Doc. Fair warning, I'm wearing a shoulder holster. I'd like to save it intact if possible, but it isn't absolutely necessary."

Nigel raised his eyebrows, glaring at his patient. "Just standard equipment for a spelunking mission, I take it," he responded, flippantly.

A shoulder holster meant a handgun, and Nigel was not exactly fond of personal weapons. Covering emergency room shifts at the hospital, he had witnessed the damage they did. To his moment, he knew no reason why any members of this Torchwood group would need to arm themselves. He allowed himself a moment to breathe deeply and exhale, there were definitely still secrets he had left to learn about these mysterious individuals.

Rubin gave a couple of loud grunts of pain as he eased himself over onto his stomach. He laid himself out as best he could. The examining table was cool and emitted a faint citrus scent. His shoulder stabbed pain through his chest and stomach with each heartbeat. He pinched up his face anticipating the pain for clothes being cut free.

His focus returned, Nigel placed the edge of Rubin's jacket between the sharp blades of his scissors, and began slicing through the material. Cutting carefully around the wound and the dried blood, so as not to disturb the clotting until it was time to remove the impaled object, Nigel finally discovered the shoulder holster. The gun enclosed inside appeared old, not that Nigel actually knew much about the different models and designs of revolvers. He was much more familiar with the bullets they discharged.

With as much of the jacket removed as possible, Nigel set to work on the holster. Leather straps running above and below each shoulder converged just below his neck. "The wooden stake was only an inch away from hitting one of these straps," Nigel spoke aloud to Rubin. "It's a shame that it didn't, it probably would have reduced the depth of penetration."

Working the clips connecting the handgun on one side, and the storage pouch on the opposite side, of the holster, Nigel managed to carefully remove each of these, a disapproving glare on his face as he handed each to Quin. "All that's left are the straps," he said, beginning to instruct Rubin. "I'm going to need you to lift yourself up slightly off the table, so that I can remove these from around each of your shoulder. I should be able to remove it without disturbing the wound, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't going to hurt."

Tag: Rubin (feel free to take care of the removal process in your post)

The holster successfully removed, Nigel resumed cutting, finally setting to work on Rubin's shirt. He talked as he worked. "Until your wound has healed, I don't want you wearing that again. Until you have full mobility back in your shoulder, you shouldn't carry a gun. I don't want you tearing a suture while you try to aim and fire at someone."

- And guys, feel free to jump in at any other point above, even if I haven't tagged you there.
Delta
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

PreviousNext

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes