A Stillness in the Air.

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Re: A Stillness in the Air.

Postby LrShadow » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:01 am

And just like that it started coming back together. Something had changed, what Nathan was not sure. He felt it in his being as a rightness and was glad. This was an extended operation, but no one had known why, they just new from the records that Nathan was suppose to be here at this time.

'It was never recorded.' he thought to himself, the images of his older and younger selves were just blotted blurs in his vision. 'Was it on purpose?' he wondered if somehow he had fallen prey to his blind dedication to his job, his duty. Somehow he felt cheated, and yet he was a part of this team and a part of a good group of friends. That made up for it in his mind.

Quins emotions continued to poor out of him, along with the tears. It had started with him holding on to Quin for dear life, now it seemed the roles had reversed. Nathan held on to the man, letting his own emotions embrace the younger mans while trying to force his own stability into them.

"It will all be over soon." Nathan kept saying, twisting so he could see what was going on and they couldnt see Quins tears. It was the least of kindnesses he could do for the man, the one who had saved his life.

TAG any
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'
- G'kar and Sheridan, The Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles

Yahoo= LrShadow
=============================

Ranger Zed McCann - X Trinidad Station (R.I.P.)

Nathan Scott - Torchwood 10
LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Foxy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:09 pm

Grace sighed with relief as the hot metal parted company with her skin. She looked down, wondering if she would be left with a scar and realised she was on show.

"OK, piss poor planning on my part..." she muttered. She glanced over at her saviour.

"You need way more practise, Rubes. I've had boyfriends could've got me out of that in slightly less than two seconds, with one hand tied behind their backs."

TAG - Ruben

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Wen wrestling with a reluctant Eric. Hadn't she said he'd volunteered - no insisted on going - previously? What was causing this change of heart?

Something else caught her eye. The cuddly unicorn was almost within reach, but not while she had two sparking cables to mind.

"Here, Rubin. Grab this!" she offered him one of the cables. "Keep it in the Rift, but whatever you do, don't cross the streams."

"Why?" asked Rubin.

"It would be bad," replied Grace simply.

"I'm a little fuzzy on the whole "good/bad" thing here. What do you mean, "bad"?" he asked.

Grace sighed. "Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Total protonic reversal!"

Rubin nodded. "That's bad. Okay. All right, important safety tip. Thanks, Grace."

OOC - Sorry, AJ, wasn't intending to put words in Rubin's mouth, but they worked too well!

With the other cable safely in Rubin's hands, she could risk moving sideways, just a little. Yes, that was it. With a sharp kick, she delivered the unicorn to just in front of Eric's nose.

"Hey, Froggie. Sweet memories," she called to him.

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Tavey » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:59 pm

"Just a moment now Love." Wen crooned to Eric. The Erics really. One of them, at least, was able to touch her arm gently in thanks. The other was still struggling, his eyes deep with fury and betrayal. "Just a moment."

The unicorn landed in front of Eric's face, he grabbed it with his free arm, clutching it to his chest in desperation.

"We'll take care of it. I promise. I know it hurts right now. But it won't for long. Be over soon." Wen's voice was a non-stop litany of words, pouring from her as a waterfall. She lay across Eric's thrashing legs as the cord she had forced into his arm did it's work.

"Wen. I got it." Said the other Eric. "We're ready." Another power surge rocked through the cables, heating them up to an almost unpleasant temperature as the conduit they were creating began to overload. Shards of glass exploded from one of the monitors mounted onto the wall of the column. A howling wind began to pick up in the hub as Anteros also overloaded with sensation. He whipped around grabbing at all kinds of things, though leaving people alone. Not knowing how long that was going to last, Derowen gave up trying to calm Eric.

"Rubin! Quin! Bring me the boy! He needs to know!" she shouted.

TAG - Rubin, Quin.

She had other plans. But they didn't need to know that.

Yet.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Quin could hear Wen calling him and he could feel the Sword too. Anteros swirled above where he and Nathan stood still clinging to each other.

"Nathan," Quin said gently, "is it all right to let go now?"

The involuntary tears had stopped now and while all was still not peaceful Quin had come to a quiet stability.

"I have to help Rubin get Jet Ro over to Wen."

Quin could see the boy who looked as if he were frozen to the spot where he'd been standing when the latest event had kicked off. Jet Ro wasn't going to move on his own.
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby AJHoyt » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm

The cable across Rubin's palm threatened to sear his skin. Rubin pulled his gaze off Grace's Amazonian upper torso. As he kept his cable from touching hers, glass shards and bright white sparks exploded over the both of them from a monitor mounted onto the wall of the column. A howling wind picked up, stirring a sudden thick snowstorm of the printouts he'd abandoned during the current event.

Wen's voice sliced through. "Rubin! Quin! Bring me the boy! He needs to know!" she shouted.

Rubin handed Grace her cable. He heard Quin shouting to Nathan as they stood embracing, "I have to help Rubin get Jet Ro over to Wen."

Noticing Quin and Nathan's obvious fondness for each other, Rubin shouted "Get a room!" over the howling wind as he passed on the way to Jet-Ro. He smiled before turning his attention to Fred and Hugh.

< tag Quin, Nathan

Fred and Hugh swayed and held out their arms confining the pale youth with their body space like they were herding a panicky goat. Jet-Ro's eyes were huge. He panted open mouthed. He kept making little steps left and right. Fred and Hugh moved left or right to cut him off. Rubin could hear the men talking soothingly to the boy.

Rubin joined them and shouted over the wind, "Jet-Ro!" The boy's wild eyes turned to him. "Come with me so Wen can explain what is happening. Don't you want to know?"

Jet-Ro's ashen face gave a wordless NO!

Rubin remembered something. "Jet-Ro, humble servant of the great lady of Torchwood. Derowen calls you to her."

Jet-Ro's gaze leveled into Rubin's. He looked in the direction of Wen and the Rift. His face grew less pale. His spine straightened. He closed his lips. He looked at Rubin, Fred and Hugh. He nodded.

As Jet-Ro stepped forward, Fred started to walk beside him. A wind gust toppled a bank of monitors beside Hugh. Flames burst from the wreckage. The wind fanned them upward in a blazing orange coil.

"I'll get him to Wen," Rubin said to Fred and Hugh. He looked to Quin and Nathan for help.

< tag Fred, Hugh, Jet-Ro, Quin, Nathan, and all y'all.
Rubin Hart - former Torchwood One field operative - now in service, Torchwood Ten
AJ Hoyt - Security, B5: Trinidad Station
Charles Cog - Astrophysicist - SG7

"What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down." – Mary Pickford
AJHoyt
Commodore
Commodore

Postby LrShadow » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:02 am

"Do what you need to." Nathan yelled releasing Quin. Nathan staggered a step back as they parted, the full energy of the rift now slamming into him and the field focused around him. He knew he had to stay, and it was more then his mostly useless life that was on the line. After all he was just a catalyst for the moment.

The loss of Quin's emotions had left him a little hollow, which was nothing out of the ordinary for such strong emotions. Nathan turned so he faced into the rift, standing as still as possible as the time energy mixed with the rift energy. Shadows of faces appeared and vanished in succession. A lifetime of people he had met and cared about flashing before his eyes.

"Heya Nate." Jacks ageless face hovered before him. "I told you we would meet again before you die." Nathan coughed blood, his chest aching from the heat... or something else.

"Hey Jacky." Nathan smiled reaching out to try and touch his face, "I'm sorry I couldn't stay..."

"I know." Jack said glancing at the others around the room, although Nathan was pretty certain none of them could see what he was seeing. "Good crew you got here. Take care of them, they will take care of you." he winked as the rift sucked his face back in along with the others.

'My life passing before my eyes is it?' he thought to himself as he watched Quin rushed to help Rubin.

"Good luck..." he said to no one in particular as another blast enshrouded him in a big ball of bluish white light.

TAG any
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:16 pm

Fred and Hugh stumbled across the room, watching as Quin moved away from Nathan.
“Move” Fred muttered under his breath, but it seemed that Nathan was hell bent on getting himself killed. Fred looked at Hugh, and Hugh nodded his head. He knew what Fred was thinking, and Fred clapped Hugh on the shoulder.

“Let’s go Brother.” Fred said forcing a grin on his face, before they both rushed in to save Nathan, leaving Jet-Ro to Rubin.
“Need a hand?” Fred shouted as he reached Nathan’s shoulder, and grabbed it firmly with both hands, Hugh grabbing his other shoulder. “Give Derowen my love.” Fred shouted before throwing Nathan backwards away from the rift entrance, with Hugh’s help.

They turned to watch Nathan fly backward, the strength of Fred and Hugh being enough to get him clear. Fred felt a tugging, and looked at Hugh.
“An honourable way to die, saving a mans life.” Hugh commented, squaring his shoulders and looking like a solid solider that he should have been, instead of a defeated criminal.
“The rift may not kill us you know.” Fred said, feeling his feet start to move from under him. He glanced up to look for Derowen as the rift pulled him and Hugh in.

He couldn’t be sure, but he thought for the briefest of seconds his eyes had met Derowens. He smiled.

OOC : That’s Fred and Hugh gone. Its been a pleasure to sim with you guys and gals, and I certainly hope to do so again in the future.
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Where would we be without Kuruma..?

Active
- Fred BJ Black (Torchwood Ten)
- "Black Scar" (Dragon Squadron, FL)

Forgotten
- Leiutenant Commander Kurayami Sennai / SW-142
- Black / Kageashi / SW-193
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Some instinct made Wen glance up. The ball of light that had engulfed Nathan glittered oddly as it dissapated into a shimmer of sparks that illuminated the surrounding area. She looked around frantically, trying to understand what was happening as Nathan suddenly seemed to be expelled from the danger that had made his timelines so unstable.

What she saw then stopped the entire universe for a moment. Just for her. it was as though someone had taken a blunt object, lined it up over her heart and given it a sharp tap with a hammer. The emotional blow was as physical as it was ephemeral, punching her very breath from her body. She gasped as first Hugh, then Fred were dragged backwards into the Rift. Then struggled to force air into her lungs as the denial of what she was seeing made her body refuse to act.

"FRED" She finally screamed, her voice tearing just as badly as her heart seemed to be. "FRED! NO.." She reached for him, then remembered what she was supposed to be doing. Tears began to run down her cheeks as she spun, grabbing Eric's chest with both hands and wrenching him to his feet. Cursing and crying every step of the way, she dragged him physically towards the dark opening of the Rift, only thinking now of getting to Fred and Hugh. To save Fred. To reach him before he was too far gone. "You're bloody well going in and you're going to save them all. You find them. Find them, you hear me Cajun? FInd them, send them home."

The sobs shook her deeply as she forced Eric to move. The Cyborg helped her by reaching out to sieze Jet-Ro on the way past the horror filled boy. "Hello Son.:" he said quietly. "Time to go home now." Jet-Ro's eyes became huge in his already pale face. He shook his head, taking in both of them, and seeing for the first time what it meant to recieve the implants that were saving his people. He too looked as though he was about to weep. But the cyborgs good hand gripped him tightly just above the elbow, there was no way that any of them could pry open the pincer like grasp he had on the boy.

Derowen's feet slipped. Feet tangling on some of the debris on the floor. She stumbled, letting go for a moment to grab something to prevent her falling. Her eyes spotted Grace. She looked at the Erics, then at Jet-Ro, then turned an anguished face back towards the Rift again. With an almost insane grief making patterns fall into place, she once again grasped the front of Eric's shirt and began to move again. The sobs tore through her once more, betraying how hard she was finding this. Still, Derowen MacFie couldn't be accused of not knowing her duty. And at all costs she was going to make it happen.

She didn't realise that she too was backing into the Rift's reach...

OOC - We will miss you Black. Hope to see you soon, hale and hearty.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:21 pm

Punkin, stuck in time and space had kept her eyes riveted on Derowen MacFie, her Wenny, her friend, her lover that was travelling towards the Rift and into a place that Punkin could go. Pulling her energy around her like a cloak, she used the very thing that Brock and Wen had gifted her with, and this must have been the precise use for it. Smelling a strong aroma of peat and feeling much like the trees of the Grove in her mind, she pulled everything she held near and dear to her and began to struggle to move.

Grounded; an appropriate term; she extricated her arms from the console and pulled her legs from the floor to almost use the energy. Tendrils, snaking out from the Rift like sentient creatures, reached for Wen and through Punkin, carrying memories like whispered thoughts along them. One wrapped itself firmly around Derowen.

"Oh no, you don't," Punkin cried and reached out for Wen, grasping her around the waist and holding her tight. "I will NOT let you go, and you won't make me either." Skin heated, arms wrapped and firmly muscled to refuse their continued movement towards the Rift. Her legs were like roots and she leant strength to their union as she felt the tears burst forth from her very core of being.

This close, she felt Wenny's heart breaking, felt a part of her essence travel after to follow Fred and Hugh, to reach out to them for reassurance and for additional strength. And Punkin held onto the piece of her soul that SHE had touched; the love and joy, and comfort that she could provide as she felt Dory's spirit crumple beneath the pain. The pulling stopped as soon as Punkin touched her and the Rift almost groaned with the disappointment of losing them both.

"Don't leave me," Petra whispered into her back, and tears sprang to her eyes. She took Wen's agony and wrapped it into herself so that Wen could function. Punkin felt almost like a physical blow had landed, but knew once this next bit was done, they could ALL weep...

Wen, feeling more solidly held and a bit firmer in the Hub began begging someone to get the Erics and Jet-Ro through the Rift. And Punkin felt the time running slowly away from them in a drifting stream of spiralling, circular...

Petra Thomas' voice raised through the din and screamed, "We're running out of time! Push them through now, or we'll all go through this again!"

~Tag Quin / Rubin and any really
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby AJHoyt » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:52 pm

KendleRJ wrote: Petra Thomas' voice raised through the din and screamed, "We're running out of time! Push them through now, or we'll all go through this again!"

If Rubin had half a brain, it'd have gone barking mad by now.

Fred and Hugh swallowed up--sucked into the black rift--people turned to sooty smoke. A roaring vortex of wind sent anything lighter than a desk skittering, tumbling, flying and bouncing. Paper fluttered, buzzed and whirled, tracing the storm round and round the black maw of the Rift. Cables snaked as though alive and tangled feet. Cybo-Eric was dragging terrified Jet-Ro. Wen was dragging Eric toward that awful blackness. Punkin was loosing ropes of lightning and grappling with Wen, trying to hold her back from the pit.

Rubin's notebook bitch-slapped him hard enough on the side of his face to make him stagger. He grabbed it before the wind scampered away with it.

He shouted at Quin, Nathan and Grace. "Come on! Help keep Wen and Punkin here!"

< tag Quin, Nathan, Grace

For his part, Rubin faced the Rift. He sidled quickly sideways in a circle that let him brace his back to the buffeting wind and keep his feet firmly on the floor until he was near the huge cyborg half dragging, half shoving Jet-Ro toward the darkness.

Rubin stuck the notebook in Jet-Ro's face. "Take it!" he shouted. "It's not finished, but with help, you can save your people!"

Jet-Ro stared at the ruled notebook with a blue cover.

"Take it!"

Jet-Ro stretched out a hand and took it.

That moment of inattention was all Cybo-Eric needed. The man-machine lifted his son off the floor with his good arm and wrapped his other arm ending in a cannon against the youth's body, pinning Jet-Ro's back and shoulders against his wide chest. Jet-Ro struggled and kicked, but he was too well wrapped up to have any effect. His fate was sealed. It showed on his face. That and terror and betrayal.

Cybo-Eric stepped to the edge of the rift and began to grow hazy and dark. He turned his back to it and faced Wen, stilling hugging Jet-Ro to his chest face-out toward Wen.

< tag all
Rubin Hart - former Torchwood One field operative - now in service, Torchwood Ten
AJ Hoyt - Security, B5: Trinidad Station
Charles Cog - Astrophysicist - SG7

"What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down." – Mary Pickford
AJHoyt
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Quin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:20 am

Quin staggered as Nathan released him. He turned to help with Jet Ro only to see that Rubin had everything in hand and that the boy was now back with his father.

He watched in horror as Nathan was surrounded by light. He hadn't saved Nathan only to desert him now. Quin headed back towards Nathan only to be beaten to it by Fred and Hugh. As his friends were sucked into the Rift Quin made an insane leap towards them. Of course he was too late. He landed heavily on the floor of the Hub. He felt ribs give and he yelled out in pain and grief as the two men disappeared.

Rubin's notebook bitch-slapped him hard enough on the side of his face to make him stagger. He grabbed it before the wind scampered away with it.

He shouted at Quin, Nathan and Grace. "Come on! Help keep Wen and Punkin here!"

Quin picked himself up ignoring the pain, he wasn't going to lose anyone else. This was his family, he loved them all even if it was hard to admit that to himself. He'd never needed anyone before but he did now.

He ran forward and planted both hands against Jet Ro. Quin pushed as hard as he could before falling backwards from the momentum that he'd created. This time his head hit the floor hard and he quite literally saw stars. He didn't see if he'd managed to push the cyborg through the Rift. Quin gave up and let the black of unconciousness overtake him.
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Foxy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:55 am

Rubin shouted at Quin, Nathan and Grace. "Come on! Help keep Wen and Punkin here!"

Grace looked at Nathan. She could see him more clearly now, not the fractured, transparent, multiple Nathans there had been a minute ago. Whatever she had done, or maybe the effect of the right people being the right side of the Rift, it was working. Maybe it was enough for her to risk letting go of the cables...

"Do what you need to." Nathan yelled releasing Quin.

Another blast enshrouded him in a big ball of bluish white light.

Not yet, it would seem...

She had resigned herself to hanging on when Fred and Hugh were sucked into the Rift. Wen was awfully close too. While she was protecting Nathan, they were losing everyone else.

With grim determination, she placed one cable down, stamping on it with a foot to hold it in position as she used the free hand to grab the nearest heavy item – a piece of masonry that had come loose in the initial madness. She heaved it over and used it to wedge both cables in position.

She had never been one for prayer, even on the battlefield, but she found herself murmuring, “Please, let that be enough. We've lost enough good people today.”

She stood and took in the situation. Rubin and Quin had distracted Jet-Ro, enabling Cyber-Eric to pull him through. That just left the Real Thing.

Grace staggered through the gusting wind and energy tendrils, her eyes locked on the man she had known so well. In the Biblical sense. The man she might even have got around to marrying, if he'd ever got around to asking. The bastard that had left for his top secret mission all those years ago without a word, without a note, without even looking over his shoulder. The one who had given her the beanbag frog.

And now, the man who was causing a temporal paradox.

With tears in her eyes, she kissed him on the cheek, then whispered in his ear.

“I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.”

And delivered a right hook that left Eric in a heap at Derowen's feet.

Grabbing one wrist and one ankle, Grace began heaving.

“Quick. Before I realise what I've just done,” she stated, grimly.

TAGGLES

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:26 am

"NO!" was all Nathan had time to yell as he realized what Fred and Hugh were up to. It was the time energy around him that held the moment for the Eric's and Jet-Ro to go and do what needed to be done. Or, at least, that's what he thought was holding the door open.

Nathan landed with a crunch and felt his once mostly healed rib give way again, more blood coughed up staining his lips. He cringed waiting to see if the rift energy was going to follow him, slamming him around the hub, but nothing happened. Glancing up he found that the rift was turning in on itself and his other two selves were no longer visible. Fred and Hugh... were gone though. His heart threatened to exit his chest at the loss. So many good members killed or worse... Eric case in point. To much loss to think about right now, to much pain...

Quin helped the cyborg through as Punkin attempted to save Derowen. It was amazing how often Derowen was or would be saved and all the while she was quietly attempting to kill herself. Either that or attempting different ways of getting rid of that which was always a part of her. Nathan shook his head not wanting to dwell. Quin slumped quietly onto the deck, looking very uncomfortable he thought.

SMACK! Nathan felt the punch from where he lay, turning to find Grace decking Eric. One to go, he thought as he dragged himself to his feet by force of will alone. Ignoring his own pain Nathan hurried over to help Grace with her own package.

"Need a hand Sparky?" he quipped, wanting to clap but to busy helping her lift the limp Eric... their Eric. It was no longer Derowen's duty, it never really was just her duty, but she was way to stubborn to see it that way. They all had their pain, and they had all been tested by fire.

"Grab my belt if you please." Nathan took Eric from Grace and turned his back so she could grasp his belt, pants and all. Turning toward the rift Nathan stepped slowly towards it, making sure he had his footing as it sucked at them. As he got close enough he gave the body a heave tossing it into the center of the rift and falling into Graces arms as she yanked him back.

"Thanks!" bloodstained lips smiled up at her as her arms embraced him and his heavy form mooshed her uncovered torso into the grated deck. He glanced over at Quin, a worrying frown creasing his forehead. No time for rest though, he thought as the rift wind whistling started to die down.

TAG Grace

Slowly Nathan crawled over to Quin, his trusty PDA appearing in his hand as if by magic, and he started scanning.

TAG everyone left.

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby KendleRJ » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 am

The Rift winked shut, and the support that Punkin was lending Wen was no longer required. Her flesh, heated and glistening shone through the clinging whiteness of her shirt. The energy tendrils were slowly dissipating and as soon as the pressure stopped, she released Wen, slowly and tenderly. "You STAY on THIS SIDE," Punkin said deliberately with small tears in the corner of each eye.

~Tag Wen

Gingerly testing the ability for her eyelids to close and open without creaking or buckling, and seeing only spots behind her eyelids instead of the corona of the Sun, she became fully aware of her surroundings. Perhaps if she closed her eyes once more she would open them to Tintagel, the ceiling of her room in the cottage in her vision with the weight of her latest conquest’s arm strewn across her torso as they lay there entwined… But no such luck was forthcoming, and all she felt now was PAIN, like every fibre of her being had been pulled through a shredder and put together with U-HU glue and a pacifier.

‘Ah,’ she groaned inwardly as she felt a cool breeze brush across her skin, glistening and slick with sweat in response to the overwhelming heat from the Rift. Heaving breaths punctuated the blackened and melted buttons located in the centre of her blouse over the hidden item as they threatened at each rise and fall to tear away from the thin threads left behind.

Coming more into herself, she was still absolutely alive with the residual energy. This last bout was like a super charger and she needed to leave the Hub - get to that room - or run the risk of overwhelming some poor sod who might have the misfortune of directing a look at her.

Punkin tried to dissipate the needs and swirling energies in her lower chakra. Desperately reaching for the memories in the Grove, the feelings and scents caressed her soul and the heady forces began spreading throughout her being, making her feel more like a beacon, winking in the midst of the darkness in the centre of the Hub. Grace lay on her back, trying to get up and Punkin reached down unthinkingly to offer her a hand up. Her jumper was nearby and she offered that to her as a temporary cover, but not before her skin connected with her hand.

~Tag Grace

Hollowness took over, an ache that started within her chest and almost slowed her legs down to a leaden crawl. She had seen and felt and been a part of something much larger than just this place, this room, this group of people... There was a moment of understanding, of clarity and relativity within the central focus of the Universe. Someone should really check on the Outside World, but she had no clue as to the first steps.

Reaching out to Rubin, she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder; his face seemed so lost and they ALL experienced the acute void left by Fred and Hugh. Somehow, Punkin felt that she had known them both and this was NOT a planned outcome for them at all.

The connection was gentle, but sparked and she withdrew her hand, realizing that she was still in need and really should stay away from them. In all fairness to the man who had saved her twice, and to the rest of them. She spoke softly and asked, "Is there any way we can see what's going on outside?"

~Tag Rubin

Slowly making her way to the bar, she found a nondescript bottle of some untasted liquor, label burnt off it from the energy, and picked it up, sliding it under her arm as her buttons finally gave up the ghost. She slid into a booth and gentled the cork from the mouth, knowing full well that there was nothing to say, nothing to do, but sit, commiserate and share a glass, bottle or case of this, she slugged a good size swallow, rum-like substance with a mule-kick at the end, with those remaining.

She leaned over and rested her chin in her hands as she watched Nathan work on Quin, crumpled and looking broken close to the former blackness that had been the Rift. There was really only one question left as she sat, slowly imbibing in a strong slap upside the head. "So, are we done yet?"

~Tag Any / All
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:08 pm

The moment that Derowen was released, she pushed off with her feet and sprinted straight towards the entrance to the Rift room. She sped into it, heading for the mechanism that would open it again, to try and get Fred back. Trying to reach him. Her fingers scrabbled at the lever and the buttons frantically as she swore when they wouldn't work the way she needed them to.

Anteros slammed her against the wall of the room, her hair flying forwards with the sudden jerk of her head at the speed he used. The spirit increased his strength as she fought his restraints in desperation. Her pleading words were incoherent, begging, screaming. She was, in short, out of control.

"No." Said a deep voice. "No Derowen. My Wen." The ghost of Theo gently took shape in front of her. shook his head gently. "It's not time for you to follow them."

The voice cut through her mindless need to try and save them. She gulped for breath, eyes darting around the small room as she looked for the source. She hadn't heard those tones in decades. When she saw him, she whimpered deep in the back of her throat.

"Theodore..." she whispered. "But.. it's Fred.. He doesn't deserve that." gesturing towards the Rift mechanism, she encompassed the whole of the horrors that lay beyond. The Men, women and children it swallowed whole, then spat back out, altered, afraid. Some simply too far gone in their insanity to ever be able to function in real life ever again. Some so internally scarred that it was simply nicer to allow them to live what was left of their lives on medication so strong that it wasn't permitted into hospitals.

She struggled again. Theo stepped closer to her. "No Derowen." His voice was firm. "I said no. Do not argue with me." Even as he faded from her view, he touched her cheek with his transparent fingers. "They all love you. They need you."

Finally Derowen stopped flinging herself against Anteros. In silence, she slid down the wall and sat, her legs sprawled in front of her as she simply stared at the Rift Machinery. Then reached out and slammed the semi-repaired door to the room shut.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Previous

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes