The Eye in the Sky. Part 2 - Water

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Postby Quin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Quin stood, a little shaky but on his feet nonetheless. "A picnic," he said. "Just like a day at the zoo. Come and see the arachnids at play. Do not poke or otherwise prod them or allow small children to feed them donuts."

He no longer felt the rage that the sword had instilled in him. He'd seen into Wen's mind while the thing was returning to her. He knew it would take him some time to come to terms with that. It had also explained a lot about the Torchwood team. Quin now understood why some of them were so odd.

Reaching into the inside pocket of her jacket and removing a small round metallic ball, Wen took a step forward. "Move out people. We're going to lock her in. Damn Eight, never knew when to stop experimenting."

She nodded to Rubin with a murmur. "Statue boy, ready for a little more sticky time? What do you think? Two seconds to the left and three behind?" She began to laugh as she prodded some indentations on the sphere.

"Grace, you are going to love this. Takes an area and twists it slightly out of tune with the current time steam. That's what we think the instructions said anyway. Lost the sheet a couple of years ago." She pushed another indentation and gave an Eek in alarm.

"Er... moving really fast, right now would be good. I think I set off the timer. magic word? RUN!"

She turned and began to push the others ahead of her as the sphere she had dropped began to circle with lights moving faster and faster. She was only a little gentle with Nathan, who was moving a little slower than the others.

Quin did as the lady said and ran. He wasn't sure what was going to happen but he had an idea that if he wasn't quick enough he was going to end up as spider fodder.

There was a flickering light behind them as they all neared the corner. As if it were an old film, spooled badly and with frames missing, the spiders began to move in a more disjointed manner. The colour of the walls paled slightly.

Wen stood and watched with an odd smile, then plucked a pice of chalk and drew a line on the walls either side of the tunnel. She wrote in an elegant hand : Do Not Cross, lest you wish a fate of nightmares.

Then turned back and indicated the way towards the centre of the maze that was Torchwood Eight.

"Off we go then. I'll talk to you all later. Right now, let's stop the Eye. One chance at this, so let's get it right."

Time distortion. Man eating spiders, weevils, pink fishy nightmares, Quin knew that he had seen things that the general population would not believe existed.

"I still don't have a gun," he said. "Does anyone have a spare?"
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby LrShadow » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:54 am

Quin stood, a little shaky but on his feet nonetheless. "A picnic," he said. "Just like a day at the zoo. Come and see the arachnids at play. Do not poke or otherwise prod them or allow small children to feed them donuts."

He no longer felt the rage that the sword had instilled in him. He'd seen into Wen's mind while the thing was returning to her. He knew it would take him some time to come to terms with that. It had also explained a lot about the Torchwood team. Quin now understood why some of them were so odd.

Reaching into the inside pocket of her jacket and removing a small round metallic ball, Wen took a step forward. "Move out people. We're going to lock her in. Damn Eight, never knew when to stop experimenting."

She nodded to Rubin with a murmur. "Statue boy, ready for a little more sticky time? What do you think? Two seconds to the left and three behind?" She began to laugh as she prodded some indentations on the sphere.

"Grace, you are going to love this. Takes an area and twists it slightly out of tune with the current time steam. That's what we think the instructions said anyway. Lost the sheet a couple of years ago." She pushed another indentation and gave an Eek in alarm.

"Er... moving really fast, right now would be good. I think I set off the timer. magic word? RUN!"

She turned and began to push the others ahead of her as the sphere she had dropped began to circle with lights moving faster and faster. She was only a little gentle with Nathan, who was moving a little slower than the others.

Nathan didn't cry out or even groan, he was rather proud of that fact. The only indication something wasn't quite right with him was a sheen of sweat that broke out on his forehead, but it should be to dark for anyone to really notice. He hurried along as fast as he could holding his right arm across his belly keeping the bandage on the left side tight as well as holding his ribs so they wouldn't move.

Quin did as the lady said and ran. He wasn't sure what was going to happen but he had an idea that if he wasn't quick enough he was going to end up as spider fodder.

There was a flickering light behind them as they all neared the corner. As if it were an old film, spooled badly and with frames missing, the spiders began to move in a more disjointed manner. The colour of the walls paled slightly.

Wen stood and watched with an odd smile, then plucked a piece of chalk and drew a line on the walls either side of the tunnel. She wrote in an elegant hand : Do Not Cross, lest you wish a fate of nightmares.

Then turned back and indicated the way towards the center of the maze that was Torchwood Eight.

"Off we go then. I'll talk to you all later. Right now, let's stop the Eye. One chance at this, so let's get it right."

Time distortion. Man eating spiders, weevils, pink fishy nightmares, Quin knew that he had seen things that the general population would not believe existed.

"I still don't have a gun," he said. "Does anyone have a spare?"

Nathan handed him the one he had, he didn't like guns very much anyway.

"You can have mine, your a better shot then I am." he said forcing the gun into Quins hands. Nathan stood up straight, only a slight grimace on his face, and he removed his two stun sticks once more. "I hate guns." he finished and nodded to the others that he was ready to move on.

TAG Quin and all
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'
- G'kar and Sheridan, The Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles

Yahoo= LrShadow
=============================

Ranger Zed McCann - X Trinidad Station (R.I.P.)

Nathan Scott - Torchwood 10
LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby brawl » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Tim stood against one of the walls, panting heavily. He cracked a smile and looked at the Woodies. He grinned as he thought of them as such. They usually hated the term.

"So gang, anyone want to fill me in on what the hell kind of shitstorm I've stepped into, or am I just going to have to piece it together as we go?" He dropped his clip as he waited for the answer, checked where he sat on ammo and reloaded the gun.

(tag anyone)
~ Captain Michael S Tucker, CO, USS Ark Royal NCC-71331 ~
~ Lieutenant Michael Thornton, CENG, USS Pegasus ~
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby AJHoyt » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:21 pm

Rubin hung back with the soldier who stood panting heavily against a wall. Rubin could relate to the man's bewilderment and excitement. He himself had just stepped away from two mafia goons in Chicago and smack into a classic Torchwood day out complete with blood, gore, monsters, gizmos and bizarre interpersonal exchanges. He too wasn't prepared to return to this sort of work so abruptly. He eyed the man by the wall, seeing how he was handling it.

Above the chest pocket of the man's uniform a name tag spelled out CARLYLE. Carlyle cracked a smile, looked over the team preparing to follow Wen and then grinned to himself at some private joke.

brawl wrote:"So gang, anyone want to fill me in on what the hell kind of shitstorm I've stepped into, or am I just going to have to piece it together as we go?" He dropped his clip as he waited for the answer, checked where he sat on ammo and reloaded the gun.

Carlyle seemed to be handling the incipient weirdness okay. Rubin retrieved the empty snub-nosed revolver he'd stuffed in his pocket. He gave the silvery chamber a spin, the metallic buzz of it drawing Carlyle's eyes.

Rubin said to him, "Trust me, the last normal day of your life was yesterday. There are people who believe that when you meet the wonders of the universe all you need is a winning smile and genuine love in your heart. My experience has been that you live longest when you meet the wonders of the universe fully armed." He gestured with the empty gun. "I'm out. Do you have six .38 caliber rounds or a backup piece I can borrow?"

>>> Tag Tim, all
Rubin Hart - former Torchwood One field operative - now in service, Torchwood Ten
AJ Hoyt - Security, B5: Trinidad Station
Charles Cog - Astrophysicist - SG7

"What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down." – Mary Pickford
AJHoyt
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Quin » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:15 am

"You can have mine, your a better shot then I am." he said forcing the gun into Quins hands. Nathan stood up straight, only a slight grimace on his face, and he removed his two stun sticks once more. "I hate guns." he finished and nodded to the others that he was ready to move on.

Quin took the gun and quickly checked it making sure the safety was on. Didn't want to shoot himself in the foot or worse. He tucked it into his belt having lost his shoulder holster in the fight with the weevils.

"Don't mind them," he replied to Nathan. "Unless they're being pointed at me, then I do object just a little."
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:14 pm

Juliette unfolded from the corner of the cage that Crazy Eddy had locked her in. There had been noises from the outer area for a while now. But no Eddy. It was clear that he wasn't coming back.

She could feel It calling to her. Desperate for her to take It up. As she had taken up the other three pieces. She reached for the bars of the cage, wrapping her now long translucent fingers around them. The lights rippling through her skin flared briefly as she touched the cold metal.

The sight should have made her scared. Instead she felt more ... complete.. than she had since she gave up believing in fairies when she was seven. Wisps and delicate tendrils wafted around her in a corona to rival that of a nebula. The eerie light in the central area of Torchwood Eight came solely from within. Her body unfurled, taking up more of the space inside the cage. She tried to push against the door again, crying out in her frustration when it wouldn't budge.

TAG - All in the Tunnel

Concentrating, she reached for Water to come to her. Reached for it in desperation, the fear that she would die in this place that smelt of old terror adding to her Call. At the centre of her chest, within the diaphanous, changed woman, the incomplete Eye began to pulse in time with her heartbeat. It too called to the lost piece.

A deep indigo light pulsed through the tunnel. The necklace around Derowen's neck responded to the summons, keeping time with the beat with a dim blue light of it's own.

As if in underscore, barely audible, was a desperate plea..

"Help me. Please. I don't want to die here."

TAG - All.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:04 am

Nathan heard and felt it, trembling through his body almost but not quite in echo. He had never felt anything so sad and yet so very exciting in his entire life, and that was saying something.

"It's to late." Nathan said, his eyes out of focus straining to hear the whisper.

TAG all

"It's to late to save the human." Nathan said clarifying. At least as far as he knew there was no hope to change what had already been started. Which really wasn't a great leap of knowledge since thats pretty much the way things were with TW8. Here, it was always to late.

So much had gone wrong so many times, and some because he wasn't allowed to do or say anything. Frustration burned in his heart, creasing his forehead and giving him more gray hairs. Did any of it really matter any more, he wondered. It had to, somewhere..... somewhen, to someone it had to make a difference of some kind. Shaking his head to drive the cobwebs out he let out a slow shaking sigh.

"This place has taken enough lives, can't we save this one?" Nathan said, his eyes watery as he turned to look at Derowen. "Well boss?"

Tag Wen, All
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Saint » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:48 am

Theo looked at the situation unfolding in front of him. "Perhaps... She might be the one, old bean." Eric was still shivering from the spider. "Pull yourself together, man. You know what you gotta do. Complete her."

Eric stood up and looked around at the team, who were debating about what to do. And in a flash, he reached and took the indigo piece from Wen's necklace quickly. "Not in our 'ands anymore, boss lady... Ne'er was." He started to see the clocks all around everyone starting to shoot downward quickly. With the exception of Nathan's, who was not in sync.

"I 'ave to, Wen..." He stepped forward and placed the piece near the girl. And hoped...

"Little girl... Forgive me."

Jean-Baptiste looked to the right. "Keys... Eric. Take da keys, brudda. Can't keep 'er in this hellhole." Eric moved over and picked up the keys. The lab repulsed him to be honest. It looked very horrifying. Almost like Eight was playing God.

He opened the gothic looking cage and let this little girl out. The girl took his hand, and the piece went into her. He looked at her with a mix of sadness and anger. This place... The people who did this...

"This place... it's f*cking evil. Leave now..." He picked up a fire axe. "I F*CKING SAID..." He thrusts the axe into the computer's monitor and chops away. "LEAVE NOW, GODDAMMIT!" Eric's entire fury at Torchwood at the moment was in full view, as the computer's brain box was the next to see the axe.

He pointed to Wen. "YOU... YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ANY OF THIS!" He went over to a tubing of liquid and pummeled away. The liquid leaked out as a form dropped to the bottom of it, gasping. "HUMAN F*CKING BEINGS USED AS PLAYTHINGS! FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY, MY F*CKING ASS!"

The three spectres tried to stop Eric's pure rage at what he's seen, until...

"ERIC... stop this... Please?"

He looked over and was floored. "What... wha?" Eric was now speechless at what he was seeing.

Tag - All
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

The Eye begins it's final journey.

Postby Tavey » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Derowen took an outraged step forward as Eric ripped Water from her neck. One hand clutched the space where it had hung, the other dug into her hair at the nape of her neck, loosening it and releasing the small dumbbell shaped piece of wood she usually tucked into the chignon there.

Her yawara. The ends just protruded from the palm of her hand. She stepped again, swinging into a classic stance that would bring the end of the weapon against Eric's neck as he knelt in front of the cage door. He fumbled at the lock and placed the piece of the Eye on the floor in front of the girl.

Wen raised her hand, preparing to deliver the blow, then stopped as he opened the cage. She was too late. Numbly, she let her hand drop to her side.

"What have you done. This is a retrieve and confine mission. Or did you forget that?" Her voice was cold, eyes like chips of flint in a face that was stiff with displeasure. A temper she welcomed back.

There was little response save for the sudden explosion of fury from the man. His eyes had finally taken in the things that Eight had been playing with. The things that had been the reason why it had been shut down and sealed up. Though, in the typical packrat style of Torchwood - nothing destroyed or thrown away.

He pointed to Wen. "YOU... YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ANY OF THIS!" He went over to a tubing of liquid and pummeled away. The liquid leaked out as a form dropped to the bottom of it, gasping. "HUMAN F*CKING BEINGS USED AS PLAYTHINGS! FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY, MY F*CKING ASS!"

Derowen merely watched him. She knelt beside the being that had been used as a mind toy for so long and gently closed it's eyes as it died on the floor.

Although she wanted to speak, to interrupt the tirade spilling from his mouth. To reassure all of the others, she couldn't bring herself to speak the words. For after all, wasn't she also part of the experiments that they had done? Wasn't Derowen MacFie just a tampered with toy?

She looked at the others, also staring at the various things around the lab. At the obvious implements of torture, some disgustingly familiar, others so esoteric that they made the mind shrink from the images they conjured up.

There was a flash of light. Derowen's head whipped round to stare at the being that rose from the floor. The being that Juliette, mild office worker, had become.

Translucent wings unfolded from around her body, followed by gentle waving tendrils so delicate that they seemed to be waving in a faint breeze. Shimmering opalescent lights illuminated her from within.

She floated towards them, her long arms and hands outstretched. Her face was serene now that the transformation was complete.

TAG - All

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Nathan stepped forward half embracing half just standing next to Wen. He gave he a slight one armed hug while looking up at the beauty before him.

"Wen, it was always meant to be. This day had to come." he said bowing his head in respect, a gesture of understanding. We may have stopped it today, but at some point in time it all had to come together. Would you miss this moment, this beautiful creatures release..... for a humans simple life and never knowing what one can become?"

TAG All

Nathan made a musical sound, flowing like water from his throat and echoing in his nasal cavities. It was a greeting, and introduction, and a goodbye all in one.

"Well met M'Lady." Nathan said after he made a little cough. His face looked a little strained from making the noises.

"Well..... met." she said, her voice almost musical and as beautiful as her body. Nathan blushed turning to Wen.

"Would you want to have missed this?" He asked, "Could you have missed this?" he beamed unable to contain his joy.

TAG all

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Sure, she's a beaut, but...

Postby AJHoyt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:45 pm

A strong and highly unwelcome feeling washed over Rubin as he watched the Cajun unravel, watched Wen stalking up from behind with her yawara out, watched something heart achingly beautiful emerge from death. He teetered on the edge of madness, mentally swaying like going bent kneed on a rocking high wire with no net. He struggled to find something to balance himself. It occurred to him that he really didn’t need to comprehend what was unfolding before him.

With a practiced flick of his wrist, he closed the protruding cylinder of his empty revolver. That single metallic snick mixed into the singing from the wounded man next to Wen. Rubin inverted the .38 in his hand so he could use the butt as a club, if needed.

He forced himself to look away and turn his back on the floating, glowing, and cooing angelic presence. He peered back the way they had come. He took a single backward step toward the angel.

That step brought him shoulder to shoulder with Grace. She was heavily armed, trim, and had the confident bearing of a military lifer. He guessed she'd see things his way.

He said softly to her, "What's say you and me keep an eye out for any other nasty that might take advantage of a bunch of apes gawking at Miss Angel Face. For all we know every critter in here is her loyal and very hungry subject. I would like to live long enough for you to buy me that drink."

>>> Tag Grace, anyone overhearing
Rubin Hart - former Torchwood One field operative - now in service, Torchwood Ten

"What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down." – Mary Pickford
AJHoyt
Commodore
Commodore

Postby LrShadow » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:54 am

He said softly to her, "What's say you and me keep an eye out for any other nasty that might take advantage of a bunch of apes gawking at Miss Angel Face. For all we know every critter in here is her loyal and very hungry subject. I would like to live long enough for you to buy me that drink."

"Rubin Hart." Nathan said very quietly, "She is not going to bewitch us, nor are the monsters of this place going to come here. They have been trained to fear the heart of this place."

Nathan was watching everyone, drinking in their reactions. Some things he had to observe, it was his own duty and curse. But sometimes it was time to say something, to keep things on an even keel and this was one of those good moments that so rarely come in the life of a Torchwood agent.

"Sometimes we get so caught up in the here and now." He said softly eyeing the smashed and broken pieces, the sparking connectors, and the broken faces. Nathan placed a reassuring hand on Quin. "We forget that sometimes good things do happen. Even a trapped soul finds new life."

Nathan wondered briefly when he became so old, so nostalgic. Looking down at his blood soaked shirt and hands, he wondered once more how much longer his own mind could handle the things he has seen, or things he must do.

TAG all

OOC: sorry, had to comment, Nathans muse was yelling at me to post. :)

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Quin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:32 am

"Sometimes we get so caught up in the here and now." He said softly eyeing the smashed and broken pieces, the sparking connectors, and the broken faces. Nathan placed a reassuring hand on Quin. "We forget that sometimes good things do happen. Even a trapped soul finds new life."

Quin had been standing very still hardly daring to breathe, ready to take Eric out if he did anything to harm Wen or jeopardise the rest of the team. He didn't believe in angels, he didn't believe that this was an angel. Not in the servant of God style anyway. He flinched slightly as Nathan put his hand on the shoulder that the weevil had taken a bite out of. He didn't move the hand away instead he put his own hand over Nathan's.

"I know," he said softly. "Something good had to come out of this dreadful place."

Nathan wondered briefly when he became so old, so nostalgic. Looking down at his blood soaked shirt and hands, he wondered once more how much longer his own mind could handle the things he has seen, or things he must do.

Quin smiled briefly at the doctor. "I hope I don't look as bad as you do," he said. "Was kind of counting on you to do some patching up."

For the first time he felt a kinship with the man. He'd always been slightly in awe of Nathan but now he thought that perhaps he could be a friend as well as a colleague. That was something, Quin who'd been a loner all his life had found friends.

He turned to Rubin. "You hurt that being," he said, "I will take you to pieces and scatter them for the weevils to feed on."
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Foxy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Derowen began to laugh as she prodded some indentations on the sphere. "Grace, you are going to love this. Takes an area and twists it slightly out of tune with the current time steam. That's what we think the instructions said anyway. Lost the sheet a couple of years ago."

"You did what..." Grace's initial curiosity changed to concern. Operating an alien device without knowing how it worked was seriously dumb. Still, how much choice did they have?

Wen pushed another indentation and gave an Eek in alarm. "Er... moving really fast, right now would be good. I think I set off the timer. magic word? RUN!"

Grace cast a quick eye over her shoulder to make sure everyone was moving, then scarpered.

"So gang, anyone want to fill me in on what the hell kind of shitstorm I've stepped into," asked Carlyle, "or am I just going to have to piece it together as we go?"

"Please tell me you've read UTE-3," grinned Grace. "And you'll probably need to fill in a Blue Delta-12 after this..." That was one thing she didn't miss about UNIT - the paperwork.

As they passed a door in the tunnel wall, Grace thought she heard something and skidded to a halt. "Anyone else hear something?"

A deep indigo light pulsed through the tunnel. The necklace around Derowen's neck responding to the summons, keeping time with the beat with a dim blue light of it's own.

What happened next came too quickly for Grace to react. One minute Nathan was begging Derowen to save whatever it was, the next Eric had grabbed Wen's necklace, found a lab and gone ****, yelling and hacking at anything to hand. She fumbled at her holster before remembering the stun gun had fallen from it when she'd been hoiked up by the spider. Nothing else was going to help, not with him in that state, not if they wanted him alive.

She glanced round the room, looking for anything that she could use to distract him and calm him down - a fire extinguisher, hosepipe, hell - a bucket if there was a working tap. She shone her torch around - thank goodness she'd had the sense to attach that to her belt with a clip. As the beam caught various objects, her heart sank. No, these weren't going to help. Not in the slightest. She recognised barely half of the items and those she did disgusted her. Every operation had their Black Ops team, but this lot had been dark to the core.

A sound from behind her made her whirl round. The girl she had assumed was dead appeared to be... well, metamorphosing seemed to be the most appropriate word. As she floated toward them, arms outstretched, Grace instinctively took a step away, bringing her next to the new arrival.

"What's say you and me keep an eye out for any other nasty that might take advantage of a bunch of apes gawking at Miss Angel Face. For all we know every critter in here is her loyal and very hungry subject. I would like to live long enough for you to buy me that drink."

Grace was about to nod her assent. Even if this new being meant no harm, there was no telling what might make the most of their distraction. Then Nathan spoke.

"Rubin Hart, she is not going to bewitch us, nor are the monsters of this place going to come here. They have been trained to fear the heart of this place. Sometimes we get so caught up in the here and now, we forget that sometimes good things do happen. Even a trapped soul finds new life."

Quin turned to Rubin. "You hurt that being," he said, "I will take you to pieces and scatter them for the weevils to feed on."

Grace kept her gun holstered, but stayed alert. "Sound like we could all do with a drink. What say we find somewhere comfortable for your new friend here to recover and call this one closed..."

OOC: For those wishing to swot up in UNIT paperwork, try http://www.unit.org.uk :-)

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:44 pm

Fred was still. He was having trouble trusting his eyes at the moment. The one thing he had never expected to see in his entire life, was an angel or at least a being that resembled one. His weapon wasn’t raised, but it was held tightly in his hands, just waiting for a reason to shot it.

Words were being spoken, but Fred wasn’t paying attention to them. He needed to know what to do, how to react. He moved his focus onto Derowen. She was the leader, he’d follow her example.

Tag
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Where would we be without Kuruma..?

Active
- Fred BJ Black (Torchwood Ten)
- "Black Scar" (Dragon Squadron, FL)

Forgotten
- Leiutenant Commander Kurayami Sennai / SW-142
- Black / Kageashi / SW-193
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:21 am

"Very pretty." Derowen commented, taking a step towards the alien creature floating in front of them. She looked tiny in front of it. "In answer to your question Nathan? I could have waited a long time before I saw this. Different shape than last time. That is interesting."

The alien turned a deeper shade of red at the words. "I am not the same as last time we met. I am complete." It opened its arms wider, showing a body that was slender and sexless. The useless clothes of Juliette fell to the floor beneath it.

With an indifferent shrug, Wen perched herself on an empty desk. Empty because Eric had thoughtfully cleared it of the abomination that had been stored on it.

"And that means what, precisely?" She asked, tucking her yawara back into her hair. "I won't let you kill or harm any of these people." She smiled grimly.

In answer, the Alien began to spin slowly, tendrils floating wider and wider. Showers of lights began to generate from within its body, sparking along the tendrils and releasing into the area where it moved. The lights danced around it, creating their own wash of colour in hues of red, green, yellow and blue.

"The Christmas tree effect is lovely. I'm still waiting for an answer." muttered Derowen. She folded her arms and waited.

The lights grew stronger as the Alien created a vortex of power within itself. "You don't understand. I am complete."

With those final words, a burst of incandescence blossomed suddenly. So bright that they all had to cover their eyes to avoid being blinded. When the darkness returned, it was gone.

Outside in the sky, a beam shot into the heavens. The figure of the Alien clearly visible as it ascended towards Space. People stopped and pointed at it. Angels over London...

TAG - Neville, Stephens... passers by... people with video cameras... cellphones.... oh boy oh boy..

Back underground, Derowen stood up suddenly. "Someone contact Brock for cleanup crews. Tell him that he needs confinement two in place ASAP. I hate not understanding what just happened." A moment later, she turned around suddenly with a brilliant smile on her face.

"But I am glad none of you were killed. UNIT fellow, expect transfer. You didn't flinch, I like that. Rubin, are you staying? Torchwood One isn't around anymore. As far as I know, Ten is active in London, and that's it."

TAG - Rubin,
TAG - Tim

"And everyone? Drinks are on me. Let's get back home."

TAG - everyone.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby AJHoyt » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:11 pm

Tavey wrote:Back underground, Derowen stood up suddenly. "Someone contact Brock for cleanup crews. Tell him that he needs confinement two in place ASAP. I hate not understanding what just happened." A moment later, she turned around suddenly with a brilliant smile on her face.

"But I am glad none of you were killed. UNIT fellow, expect transfer. You didn't flinch, I like that. Rubin, are you staying? Torchwood One isn't around anymore. As far as I know, Ten is active in London, and that's it."

Rubin smiled as he tucked his empty revolver into his belt, having abandoned everything in Chicago except what he had on him. He was currently homeless in a foreign country with no passport or visa. He was happy he didn't have to face all that immediately.

He said, "Sure, Wen. I'll need to stay at wherever you call HQ until I get situated." It came to him he might have just volunteered to sleep with the Weevils if Torchwood Ten was anything like the original.

TAG - Wen
TAG - Tim

Tavey wrote:"And everyone? Drinks are on me. Let's get back home."

Rubin fell in step as the team made their way out. He stopped only once, to pick up the main body of a damaged and bloody TV camera with CNN prominently displayed on both sides. He carried the thing in front of him two-handed so he didn't smear gore on his only set of clothes.

TAG everyone

AJHoyt
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:37 am

Rubin said, "Sure, Wen. I'll need to stay at wherever you call HQ until I get situated." It came to him he might have just volunteered to sleep with the Weevils if Torchwood Ten was anything like the original.

Derowen looked at him with a funny light in her eyes. "You've never been to my facility? Ever? Remind me to introduce you when we arrive."

She looked at the others before beginning to usher them towards the doorway. "It isn't always simple or answered. This one gets written up into the who knows what just happened files."

Pausing at the doorway to look back into an empty room with it's smashed equipment and the sense of being watched, Derowen could only be thankful that none of the other things that were in the vaults here had gotten out. Sometime soon, Torchwood was going to have to purge and dump a lot of it's secrets.

She moved them towards the entrance of the tunnel, blinking as they emerged into the light. Immediately, they were ushered into the pop-up tent that had been erected to provide cover for equipment and personnel.

TAG - All.

(OOC - yes.. no easy answers I am afraid.. This thread will be open for about another week, then it's time to move on)

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby brawl » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:20 am

OOC: I have my compy! Yay! Expect me more often now.

IC:
Tim was still in awe as they began to exit the tunnel. He was positively stunned at what he'd just seen. It took several minutes of walking for him to realize that no only had he just received a job offer, but that he was grinning from ear to ear.

"McFie, consider me yours," he suddenly declared, then realized it was not only completely out of place but also sounded quite wrong. "I mean Torchwood's. Of course." He followed the team into the light and covered his eyes. His eyes adjusted just as Stevens assailed him.

"What the hell do you think you were doing?" the man growled. "Bloody independents, thinking they have authority of their own. When you're in my unit, you ob-" Before Tim realized what he was doing, Stevens was on the ground, nursing what would soon be a black eye.

"I quit," Tim said. "Asshole." He looked up and grinned at the Torchwood folk. "Guess the transfer isn't necessary. When can I start?"
~ Captain Michael S Tucker, CO, USS Ark Royal NCC-71331 ~
~ Lieutenant Michael Thornton, CENG, USS Pegasus ~
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby MattW » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:45 pm

Neville Warwick was inside the tent. Apparently he'd had a chance to change his suit. He was very calm.

Neville looked down at a clipboard. "OK... is there anyone else to come out?"

Tag - ALL

"Oh... and I'd like that camera, please."

Tag - Rubin

"There's a couple of ambulances available to transport all of you away... with a certain... um... discretion. Most of the media have noticed the Torchwood vehicles but I've called in a few favours - and convinced them that this is important. They will keep accept the cover story... if you don't insult their intelligence. Or make them upset... by displaying... blood-encrusted cameras."

Neville sighed and briefly looked tired, then his smile returned.

"They've got a job to do. I've got a job to do. All I ask is that you just tell the ambulance drivers where you want to be dropped off. Please?"

"Meanwhile. Director Macfie? Do you want this place sealed, flooded or imploded?"

Tag - Derowen
MattW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby AJHoyt » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:18 pm

MattW wrote:Neville Warwick was inside the tent. Apparently he'd had a chance to change his suit. He was very calm.

Neville looked down at a clipboard. "OK... is there anyone else to come out?"

Tag - ALL

"Oh... and I'd like that camera, please."

Rubin gladly handed the battered, bloody thing over. The man in the suit continued.

"There's a couple of ambulances available to transport all of you away... with a certain... um... discretion. Most of the media have noticed the Torchwood vehicles but I've called in a few favours - and convinced them that this is important. They will keep accept the cover story... if you don't insult their intelligence. Or make them upset... by displaying... blood-encrusted cameras."

Rubin caught the jab. He said softly to the suit, "I've figured out three things about that camera. One, it's likely the one that sent a Weevil clip around the world. Two, leaving it lying around for the clean-up crew is inviting footage of whatever killed the cameraman to be sent around the world next — and in High Definition. Three, while a blood-encrusted CNN camera does draw attention, I knew someone out here in charge of disinformation would immediately take possession — and you have."

Rubin paused for a split second before continuing. "Now you have the source of the Weevil movie. You have the power to put whatever you like into that wreck and claim it is original footage. People saw the camera. They'll remember it. They'll ask about it. Eventually, they'll demand it back. And you will give it to them." He gave the man a conspirator's wink.

TAG – Neville
MattW wrote:Neville sighed and briefly looked tired, then his smile returned.

"They've got a job to do. I've got a job to do. All I ask is that you just tell the ambulance drivers where you want to be dropped off. Please?"

"Meanwhile. Director Macfie? Do you want this place sealed, flooded or imploded?"

Tag – Derowen

Rubin gave a little cough and said to Wen, "Not to keep kibitzing, but there was a live and tied up Weevil down there. Do we keep it or kill it?"

Tag - Wen, all

AJHoyt
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:40 pm

Derowen stood just inside the tent, looking at the man in the suit. He looked competant enough. She had to assume that he would be a quick thinker to have been assigned to Ten.

"Didn't spot the angel that the passersby are phoning all of their nearest and dearest about?" She asked, pointing at a particularly tight bunch of tourists, cameras fixed on the sky. "The one that was all glowy and spectacular in a 'Ooh look at me, I'm an alien angel' kind of way? Might want to be doing some thinking bout that one."

She sat down on one of the chairs in the tent, thankful for its presence. Even with the sword, her injuries were beginning to hurt. She rubbed at one of the wounds gently.

"Thank you for taking care of the matter topside. My people will handle cleanup, there are creatures down there that need to be looked after. And some items that none of your solutions will handle." Her voice sounded weary. "We'll close it up afterwards. And with more modern methods than last time. And before I forget, sorry. The vehicles go with us. The clearance needed to get in one of them is somwhat high. And their contents are considered top secret. I cannot leave them around to be poked at by anyone. Thank you for the offer of a lift, but we cannot accept.

TAG - Neville.

She looked over at the Torchwood Ten team and a warm smile lit her tired face. "Hello kids. Ready to go home then?"

They'd been through so much in the last week. She hoped that the next few weeks would be quiet. Give them a chance to play and party. Feast on being normal in a world that wasn't anymore. For the first time in over a decade, Derowen MacFie felt like she had a real team again. A family.

One that had a newcomer to deal with.

"Carlyle, you start immediately. Grace, think you can fit him in somewhere? Rubin, Ten has facilities for sleeping, if you aren't too fussy about size."

TAG - Tim
TAG - Grace
TAG - Rubin.

She stood up then, stumbling with sudden reminder that she wasn't all healed by any stretch of the imagination. Her hands flung out to catch someone before she fell.

TAG - Who wants to catch the lass?

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby MattW » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:13 pm

Tavey wrote:Derowen stood just inside the tent, looking at the man in the suit. He looked competant enough. She had to assume that he would be a quick thinker to have been assigned to Ten.

"Didn't spot the angel that the passersby are phoning all of their nearest and dearest about?" She asked, pointing at a particularly tight bunch of tourists, cameras fixed on the sky. "The one that was all glowy and spectacular in a 'Ooh look at me, I'm an alien angel' kind of way? Might want to be doing some thinking bout that one."

She sat down on one of the chairs in the tent, thankful for its presence. Even with the sword, her injuries were beginning to hurt. She rubbed at one of the wounds gently.

"Thank you for taking care of the matter topside. My people will handle cleanup, there are creatures down there that need to be looked after. And some items that none of your solutions will handle." Her voice sounded weary. "We'll close it up afterwards. And with more modern methods than last time. And before I forget, sorry. The vehicles go with us. The clearance needed to get in one of them is somwhat high. And their contents are considered top secret. I cannot leave them around to be poked at by anyone. Thank you for the offer of a lift, but we cannot accept.

TAG - Neville.

Neville shrugged - apparently unconcerned. "You can always send someone back for the vehicles. However, I would request that you not approach them just yet. They are being filmed"

"As for the 'Angel'. That's Torchwood's responsibility. However, Department 51 has been detailed to deal with the problem . I assure you that teams of highly competent professionals are currently working on it."

"We'll need information from you of course. Knowing the real details are essential. If we're to do our job."

"I suggest that you might give serious consideration to cooperation. This 'Angel' is pretty noticeable and rumour has it that Her Majesty's Government may not be... ENTIRELY convinced... that Torchwood's current activities are making London an altogether safer place."

"In fact, it's part of my duties to help you counteract the impression - no doubt mistaken - that Torchwood is... um... performing with perhaps marginally less than the desired levels of effectiveness and discretion."

SNIP
Tavey wrote:She stood up then, stumbling with sudden reminder that she wasn't all healed by any stretch of the imagination. Her hands flung out to catch someone before she fell.

TAG - Who wants to catch the lass?

Neville shrugged again as Director Macfie staggered. "About those Ambulances?"

New Rules for Matt's characters
I am not allowed to invent the minefield.
I am not allowed to simply wait for daylight and then set fire to the Vampire's decrepit mansion
I am not allowed to program the Emergency Medical Hologram with "Professional skill: Ecdysiast"
MattW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Wen a lion becomes a lamb

Postby AJHoyt » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Derowen stood up and immediately stumbled. Her hands flung out to catch someone before she fell.

Neville shrugged again as Director Macfie staggered. "About those Ambulances?"

Rubin waited a heartbeat for the suit to catch Wen. The man simply shrugged. Rubin had to admire the suit's professional detachment.

Standing near Wen, the big man who seemed to have medical training started forward instinctively, but he moved too slowly and seemed to be battling his own injuries.

Even though the director was an inch taller than he, Rubin rushed up beside her and caught her around her slim waist as she took a second and dangerously wobbly step. Wen leaned against him. Her sudden application of weight threw him off balance, but he was able to adjust enough to hold her up without toppling over. Her face was a mask of determination, but her third step forward ended with both her legs buckling. He had to physically hold her upright. Through her clothes her slender body felt cold, clammy.

He caught the hazel eyes of the dark blonde man who had so emphatically promised violence if Rubin harmed the alien 'Angel'. Rubin gestured with his head for the man to approach. "I think she's going into shock. I'd appreciate your help getting her to an ambulance."

Rubin said to the big injured man, "You ought to avail yourself to medical help too, Doc."

Tag - Wen, Quin, Nathan, all.

AJHoyt
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Foxy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:35 am

"What the hell do you think you were doing?" the man growled. "Bloody independents, thinking they have authority of their own. When you're in my unit, you ob-" Before Tim realized what he was doing, Stevens was on the ground, nursing what would soon be a black eye.

"I quit," Tim said. "Asshole."

Grace's eyes widened. Stevens was her old CO from her UNIT days and she knew how much that was going to piss him off. He wouldn't show it now, he'd let it pass, but when he got home... Nevertheless, the sight of him publicly embarrassed, sat on the floor - she fought to stifle a laugh.

Tim looked up and grinned at the Torchwood folk. "Guess the transfer isn't necessary. When can I start?"

"Carlyle, you start immediately. Grace, think you can fit him in somewhere?"

Oh great. He'd replaced her in UNIT and now he was moving in here too. This was going to be... interesting.

"I dare say I can find him a terminal somewhere," she replied airily. Yeah, maybe that crappy old PIII with the sticky keys. If he was as good as he should be, he'd have it rebuilt and handling terrabytes in a couple of days. It'd be a good test....

TAG - Tim

Then she turned to Rubin. "And I haven't forgotten about that drink. As soon as we get the injured settled down, we'll sort that out," she flashed him a wicked grin.

TAG - Rubin

She moved to Nathan's side. There were enough gentlemen already flocking to help Derowen, but SOPs said "keep your medic alive" so that was her priority.

"How are you doing, doc?" she asked him.

TAG - Nathan

Watching them leave, Stevens got to his feet brushing himself down.

"Great. Now I'll have to find another geek." He put a hand to his face, flinching as he prodded the already swelling bruise. "Preferably one with a crap left hook..."

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes