The Eye in the Sky. Part 2 - Water

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

The Eye in the Sky. Part 2 - Water

Postby Tavey » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:46 am

The strange energy had gone from her awareness. She had tracked it while it moved until it suddenly vanished. Juliette whimpered. He would be so angry when she wasn’t able to find the things he wanted.

This time her captor might kill her. The last time, he had beaten her until she could hardly breathe. She thought she might have had broken bones, but the sharp grating pain that accompanied them had gone over the last day or so. Sudden;y she was healing from things very quickly. It felt odd, almost itchy.

She held Earth in her hands. It seemed almost part of her now. He wasn’t able to take teh necklace from her anymore. The last time he had tried, he had made it to the doorway to the underground, then been brought to his knees in convulsions. He had crawled back to her, snarling. Shrinking back against the back of her cage, she had thought of a film she had seen about a rabid dog. The wild stare in his eyes and the rigid manner that he had moved, fighting the compulsion to return the piece to her had only cemented that thought.

A couple of hours ago he had stalked out of the bunker. He had taken Fire with him, tucking it into a pocket. His demenor seemed wilder now.

She sank into the peacefulness that sang to her soul. Already the Eye was seeking all of it’s parts. It had found it's host, and wanted nothing more than to bring Perfection together.

As Juliette hunted, London rumbled and trembled. Alarms rang out into the sky. Still reeling from the way Fire had travelled through it, the people of the city began to hide.

In the Hub, about 12 hours after everyone had returned and settled, a strident alarm blared. The central column suddenly flared with a brilliant blue light. All through the corridors and rooms, monitors shimmered and flickered into life.

TAG - All
Last edited by Tavey on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:35 am

Quin had plenty of time to think, not sleeping had its benefits. So Rick Stowell was dead. Quin wasn't even sure if he'd met the real Rick or only the Earth created Rick. He didn't feel any particular sadness but despite that he felt as though he wanted to hit out at something.

Derowen had fussed round him until he wanted to scream. It was probably the weirdest part of the whole sword business. She was like a different person.

He'd rejected numerous offers of cups of tea or coffee or snacks. Eventually he'd almost snapped at her, only massive self control had kept his voice as near normal as possible.

"I'm as fine as I can be under the circumstances," he said. "I should be looking after you because quite frankly you look knackered."

When the alarms went off Quin was pacing the floor of the Hub trying to work off some of the agression that always seemed to be at the back of his mind.

He relished the prospect of some action, any kind of action for any reason.
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:29 pm

"I'm as fine as I can be under the circumstances," Quin said. "I should be looking after you because quite frankly you look knackered."

Derowen was about to protest when the alert rang through the Hub. She jumped, startled. Taking a deep breath to try and calm the nerves that rippled across her body, she immediately went to the nearest monitor.

“Massive energy spike. Can someone track it’s heading please? I am trying to find it’s origin.” She did not look at either her fingers or the team as she spoke, her attention riveted upon the screens and the information scrolling across them. Shaking her head in frustration, she tapped one image, pulling it across open air to another screen nearby with a finger. “Where are you.. come on.. Show me.. getting close... ” Eyes flickering across the screens, and pulling information in a seemingly random manner between screens.

TAG - anyone who wants to start tracking.

“Somewhere in the north of the city. I think.” she crowed at one point, bouncing on her toes in excitement. “Look!” she pointed at the map. It showed several lines intersecting in a largish triangle. “But.. what do you suggest we do now?”

TAG - all.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Grace watched as Derowen fawned over Quin. Surely this was some kind of wind-up? When the alarms went off, she carried on watching at first, rather than springing straight into action, expecting Derowen to shake off the subservient demeanour and swing into action. But she didn't - instead she said "please" and sounded like she didn't have a clue what she was doing.

"Who are you and what have you done with Derowen MacFie..." muttered Grace under her breath as she gave in and scooted her chair over to her workstation, logging straight in with a fingerprint and launching several systems.

"What do you suggest we do now?”

Oh God, she sounded totally pathetic. Grace ground her teeth. She was going to have to get out of here before she said something seriously out of line. She stood, picking up several items from her desk and shoving them in pockets.

"I take a team and get out there for a closer look while you... you stay right here and make suggestions." She fixed Quin with a steely gaze. "You stay here too."

TAG - feel free to fume, Quinster ;-)

She drew her stungun and checked its power levels. "Who's coming with?"

TAGGLES

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Quin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Grace watched as Derowen fawned over Quin. Surely this was some kind of wind-up? When the alarms went off, she carried on watching at first, rather than springing straight into action, expecting Derowen to shake off the subservient demeanour and swing into action. But she didn't - instead she said "please" and sounded like she didn't have a clue what she was doing.

"Who are you and what have you done with Derowen MacFie..." muttered Grace under her breath as she gave in and scooted her chair over to her workstation, logging straight in with a fingerprint and launching several systems.

"What do you suggest we do now?”

Oh God, she sounded totally pathetic. Grace ground her teeth. She was going to have to get out of here before she said something seriously out of line. She stood, picking up several items from her desk and shoving them in pockets.

"I take a team and get out there for a closer look while you... you stay right here and make suggestions." She fixed Quin with a steely gaze. "You stay here too."

"I don't think so," Quin growled. "You can try to stop me if you dare. Wouldn't advise it though."

She drew her stungun and checked its power levels. "Who's coming with?"

"I am," Quin replied with a smile. "It wasn't a very pleasant smile, more like a grimace, no warmth in his cold piercing blue eyes.

"You really don't think that I'm going to wait here like a whipped puppy while you all go off and enjoy yourselves."

His fists were clenched, knuckles white with the effort of not punching Grace's lights out.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:47 pm

"You really don't think that I'm going to wait here like a whipped puppy while you all go off and enjoy yourselves."

His fists were clenched, knuckles white with the effort of not punching Grace's lights out.

Derowen looked over at Grace and Quin. Her eyes suddenly flashed with her usual fire. She raised her chin, stood straighter and crossed her arms.

"What Quin needs right now," she said clearly and with a hint of her usual steel "is blood." A cruel and cold smile crossed her face, not touching her eyes. "Isn't that right Quin? You want to feel the pressure of flesh explode under your hands, crave that release."

She pointed at the doorway to the gym. "That's why there is a fully equipped area through there. I will work out with you in a few days. Eric is good too, since he can actually keep up." Her smile vanished. "I can call Jack too. Since you can actually kill him, and it doesn't matter."

TAG - Quin.

She resumed her search at the screens. A few moments passed. Then, with a thoroughly pissed off tone, she snapped "Well? What are you lot waiting for? The activity is getting worse."

It must have been a trick of the lights on the central column reflecting oddly. For a moment, her necklace looked as though it was glowing with an inner light.

But then she moved, and the glow vanished. With it, so did her energy. She sagged against the chair. That simple action serving to remind everyone that it had been less than 24 hours since she had undergone major surgery.

TAG - Taggitty tag tag everyone!

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:57 am

Nathan kept quiet, he thought it best if he stayed out of the way. Derowen came in all meek and a right proper lady.... then she had to go and spoil it with her inner fire bursting free. Thats why the sword choose her, he thought watching her carefully. And Quin, he had it in him too, deep down. All humans do, he mused.

So much going on at once, but Nathan stayed out of the way. It wasnt his place just yet, and as much as he would like to go with Grace he couldnt. Fire burned in his palm, a strange desire to go somewhere stealing over him, then Derowen ran out of energy. The fire left his palm as he found work for it to do.

"I will monitor everyones vitals from here." Nathan said as he sat down at his work station, several monitors splayed out before him showing each of their vital signs and much more. Graced had hooked the system up and everything was in perfect view, he nodded with satisfaction. "Its best if I stay near them for now. Ive got you on the comms, good luck."

Quin was going to blow his top, he could just see it seething under the surface. Nathan prepared a handy hypo just in case, he just hoped he didnt have to knock out his team mate.
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'
- G'kar and Sheridan, The Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles

Yahoo= LrShadow
=============================

Ranger Zed McCann - X Trinidad Station (R.I.P.)

Nathan Scott - Torchwood 10
LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:46 pm

Fred looked around the room, a half full cup of now warm tea in his left hand.
“I’ll stay here. If Quin starts to lose control…” It left it hanging in the air. It was a reasonable excuse though also not the real reason. He looked sideways at Derowen before heading towards the kitchen area.

He checked the kettle was still hot, before grabbing a cup and a teabag, and made Derowen a cup of tea. He strode back in quietly and up to Derowen, holding the steaming cup out for her to take.

Tag
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Where would we be without Kuruma..?

Active
- Fred BJ Black (Torchwood Ten)
- "Black Scar" (Dragon Squadron, FL)

Forgotten
- Leiutenant Commander Kurayami Sennai / SW-142
- Black / Kageashi / SW-193
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:31 pm

"Well, cannot have our gun ho girl running off by herself so I guess Ill ride shot gun." Nathan said making up his mind since they probably had Quin covered. They knew how to work the stims if need be and there was plenty in medical. "Let me grab my bag." he finished his own tea in a gulp and swiftly retrieved his backpack.

Returning he gave Grace a nod of encouragement as he shouldered his pack.

"I'll drive, you do the scanning thing." Nathan said knowing she was far better at the tech stuff then he was.... that and probably everything else except medical and maybe remember details like he.

TAG Grace, anyone
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Quin » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:25 pm

Derowen looked over at Grace and Quin. Her eyes suddenly flashed with her usual fire. She raised her chin, stood straighter and crossed her arms.

"What Quin needs right now," she said clearly and with a hint of her usual steel "is blood." A cruel and cold smile crossed her face, not touching her eyes. "Isn't that right Quin? You want to feel the pressure of flesh explode under your hands, crave that release."

She pointed at the doorway to the gym. "That's why there is a fully equipped area through there. I will work out with you in a few days. Eric is good too, since he can actually keep up." Her smile vanished. "I can call Jack too. Since you can actually kill him, and it doesn't matter."

Quin nodded. "I'm trying to control it," he said. "I'm trying so hard but it's always there. I want to rip and tear and destroy."

Quin glared at the rest of the team, they really were not going to let him go on the mission. Even Fred was eyeing him warily, not certain whether he was going to attack one of them or not.

"I don't want to hurt anyone," Quin said. "It's this thing inside me trying to take control."

The gym was probably a good idea. Even if he didn't fight anyone, who the Hell was this Jack character that Derowen was talking about? A man that he could kill and it wouldn't matter. Weird.

Quin gave in, or at least gave the appearance of giving in. "Just bloody go," he said to Grace.

He turned to Fred who appeared to be leaving the area. "What are you going to do if I lose control?" Quin called after him. "What makes you think you can handle me?"
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:37 am

Sitting in one of the chairs and trying to find enough energy to just move was taking all of her concentration. She looked up at Fred when he arrived, tea in hand.

“Thank you.” A slight blush tinted her cheeks as she reached for the cup and saucer. “Your coat is still in my quarters. I can go and get it if you need.”

Her eyes dropped as if a little ashamed. “Of course, it wasn’t seemly for you to be seeing me like that. A gentleman like yourself.” She sipped at the tea, sighing a little in the appreciation of the warmth spreading.

TAG -Fred.

Still not really looking at Fred, she tapped something on the screen in front of her chair suddenly. A brilliant cheerful grin lit her face and she leant forward, placing her tea on a side table.

She concentrated, her eyes darting from image to image.

Suddenly aware of a coldness radiating from her finger, where she still wore the heavy ring, she stopped. Looking down at it, then across to John. "We don't need to worry about Quin. I think we can cope if anything happens, don't you?"

TAG - John.

There was a soft beep from the console in front of her.

“Camden.” She announced. “It’s somewhere in Camden.” A tangle of lines scrolled across the screen, almost unfurling to connect the pieces of information that she had moved earlier. Her smile vanished. “And it’s getting stronger. Should be able to get a fix on the exact position sometime today if it keeps up this expansion.”

TAG - all

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:17 pm

Fred blushed lightly and looked up at Quin.
“It’ll be fine where it is for now.” Fred said to Derowen. He quickly flashed her a smile and walked over to Quin.
“I’m not saying I can handle you.” Fred said quietly as he put a hand on Quin’s left shoulder. “I’ll just last longer if push comes to shove.”

Fred gestured towards the gym.
“Go. Try and relax a little.” He said

Tag - Quin
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Active

Forgotten
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Saint » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:25 pm

Eric rubbed his eyes a bit. Sleep never came easy for him. It never comes easy for him. He checked his guns, to see that all were loaded properly. He then checked his stun device to ensure it was in working order. Unceremoniously, he entered the backseat quickly. His shades were on, probably to cover up the red eye look.

"No need in just ya'll havin' the fun. I'll just sit back here and get ready to charge into whatever we're chargin' into."

Tag - Nathan and Grace
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Quin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:29 pm

[“I’m not saying I can handle you.” Fred said quietly as he put a hand on Quin’s left shoulder. “I’ll just last longer if push comes to shove.”

Fred gestured towards the gym.
“Go. Try and relax a little.” He said

Quin turned quickly as Fred touched his shoulder. His nerve endings felt hyper sensitive and the light touch felt heavy. Quin glared at Fred for a moment then his expression relaxed into something approaching a smile.

"Why Mr Black," he said. "I do believe that you may be right."

Quin turned towards the gym. "I'll see you in there," he said. "Your choice of weapon."
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Foxy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:54 am

"I'll drive, you do the scanning thing." Nathan said knowing she was far better at the tech stuff then he was.... that and probably everything else except medical and maybe remember details like he.

Grace nodded and got into the front passenger seat.

Unceremoniously, Eric entered the backseat quickly. "No need in just ya'll havin' the fun. I'll just sit back here and get ready to charge into whatever we're chargin' into."

"Best speed to Camden, then," declared Grace. "Hmm, wonder if there's any connection with that fire they had a few weeks back." She raised her voice to trigger the comm system. "Brock, can you cross reference the location Derowen's got against the news reports?"

TAG - Brock

Behind her, she was aware of a clicking sound as Eric tested his various weapons. The hair on the back of her neck stood on end.

"Do you mind? I'm still not completely over you trying to kill me..." she called over her shoulder. "the last time..." she added archly.

TAG - Eric

Grace fed the output from several scanners into the multiple screens in the SUV. Displays began to light up.

"Eyes are open, though I'd welcome any ideas on what we're looking for."

TAG - Derowen, Nathan

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby LrShadow » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:27 am

"We didn't get Earth back did we?" Nathan asked not really wanting to know the answer. He kept his eyes on the road, except occasionally to check the GPS to make sure he was going in the right direction.

TAG Grace, Eric

"Wen's got the Water part of the Eye." Nathan said remembering the necklace she wore this morning, "So what are we heading into now? Fire would be the logical choice with the fires in that area...."

TAG Grace, Eric

"Sorry, Im rambling." he winced as he turned them a little sharply. The pain was brief but a good reminder, and there was more then enough to worry about. Nathan concentrated on the road keeping his thoughts to himself.

end

Yahoo= LrShadow

LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:22 am

Derowen watched Quin walk away to the gym area. She worried at a thumbnail with her teeth. In better times, she would have jumped at the chance to spar. But these were not better times, and the body wasn’t going to let her do much more without sleep. She wondered how the others would feel if they knew how fast she was healing, thanks to the piece of the Eye that she wore. Already today, under the dress, the marks of her surgery were fading. It was

It bothered her that she could not get it to listen more to her though. She had had complete control over it before, now it seemed to resist her.

She followed Quin down the corridor. Slowly at first, then speeding up to catch up with him. “Quin, did you use the crystal in my room?” She asked as she caught up with him and touched his arm from behind.

TAG - Quin

She had a horrible feeling that he had not, and was full of the overload as well as the normal everyday seething anger. “You have to use the crystal. Let it overtake you and take the excess away. Before you only see targets. Before Anteros.. before he gets upset.”

TAG Quin.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:24 pm

Fred watched as Quin turned and left, then stepped backwards, as Derowen followed him. Well if he going to take a beating he might as well slip into something more comfortable.

He turned and headed up to his quarters, where he stripped out off his suit. He carefully folded it up, and placed it onto the edge of his bed, before walking to his wardrobe. He opened it, and selected the first navy blue track suit that came to hand.

He put it on, and deciding Derowen may want some time with Quin, he started to go thought some warm ups before heading towards the gym.

Active

Forgotten
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Quin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:22 pm

Derowen followed Quin down the corridor. Slowly at first, then speeding up to catch up with him. “Quin, did you use the crystal in my room?” She asked as she caught up with him and touched his arm from behind.

Quin pulled away and turned to face Derowen. He shook his head. "No," he replied. "I tried it just after but it didn't do anything, at least I don't think it did."

She had a horrible feeling that he had not, and was full of the overload as well as the normal everyday seething anger. “You have to use the crystal. Let it overtake you and take the excess away. Before you only see targets. Before Anteros.. before he gets upset.”

Quin stared at her. "I can see Anteros," he said, "but I don't know who or what he is. How does using the crystal stop Anteros from being upset?"

Quin was feeling confusion as well as anger. "I'll use it if you think I should. How did you stay sane for all those years?"
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Quin stared at her. "I can see Anteros," he said, "but I don't know who or what he is. How does using the crystal stop Anteros from being upset?"

Derowen sighed. This wasn’t going as well as hoped. “It’s an interface. Should tap into the extra energy that the sword is carrying. You place your hands upon it, and just let go. It can hurt some, but that’s why the room is soundproofed. I used to have team members crashing in at the worst times. It’s also tied into Anteros. I still don’t know how exactly. But he feeds from the energy stored in the crystal somehow.” She stopped and looked down, removing her hand from his arm.

“If it’s left too long, the energy overload makes him psychotic. What he did to that woman is nothing. I’m supposed to download every three months. It’s been four. The longest I ever went was six.”

Quin was feeling confusion as well as anger. "I'll use it if you think I should. How did you stay sane for all those years?"

This was it. The big secret that would probably change how they all looked at her. Well, most of them. John Smith had known for decades and it made no difference to him.

She looked Quin straight into the eyes. She hoped he would try to understand. She hoped they would still care after they knew.

“I’m Torchwoods assassin. I kill people.” There. It was said.

“Sometimes it’s bloody. Sometimes it isn’t. When somebeing needs to vanish, I am the person who is sent. I haven’t been needed in a long long time. So I train and train. And I hunt. Sometimes Harkness comes here, even knowing what will happen.”

She reached out and grasped his upper arms, looking ernestly up into his eyes, “The first and most important thing you need to do is siphon the energy into that crystal. Now would be good time, while there are so few people in The Hub.”

TAG - Quin,
TAG - Fred
TAG - John Smith.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am

Quin met her eyes never flinching from her gaze. "Bloody Hell," he breathed. "And I thought I was bad. Does that mean....?" His voice trailed off and he never completed the sentence.

Of course that explained everything, well nearly everything, it was more than enough for Quin to assimilate in one go.

For a brief moment compassion and tenderness overcame the rage. Quin reached up and tentatively stroked the side of her face.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I had no idea."

Then the need to smash and tear into something, anything, took over again. Quin quickly dropped his hand and turned away. Once more he clenched his fists until the knuckles were white.

"Better go to the crystal then," he said slowly. "I saw what Anteros did to those people and I still dream about it."

He started to walk towards Derowen's rooms.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Luminos loses it's head...

Postby Tavey » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:44 pm

Christabelle White - Richards stared at the odd figure before her. “Stop” she commanded. The lumbering clay body of what had been one of her advisors barely noticed the word.

He... It.. strode towards her, flipping over the desk in the way. It’s lips moved. A grunt forced between them by lungs that no longer carried air. It tried again.

All the while, moving closer to Christabelle.

Finally, on the third attempt, it managed to get enough clarity. “AIR” it thundered, holding a hand out.

She thought quickly. Then drew herself up and nodded. “Come along. It’s this way.” As the unlikely pair made their way down into the vaults, she hoped that it wouldn’t realise that she wasn’t taking it anywhere near the item it had fought to mention. She was taking it to a sealed room, where it could remain, and be tested.

it was a terrible mistake for her to make. She opened the door, and the mind of the assistant identified the room immediately, sending the information to Juliette in her cage, who hissed in anger.

The creature flung open it’s arms, crashing into Christabelle. It followed her into the room and began to systematically beat her to death. Her carefully constructed room got in the way of any hope of rescue. It’s soundproofing hiding her screams within the heavy walls.

Once it had finished, it wandered along the corridors of the facility, hunting the ‘feeling’ of the piece it was searching for. It took a long time. Hours passed. Still.. there was a trail. Standing before a nondescript door and pushing, It realised that something must have gone wrong for the woman it had left in a pool of blood. The door opened easily.

The room within was simple. Shelves lined the walls. On those were boxes. As if to make things even easier, one of those boxes was glowing. It reached for the gleaming wooden box and tucked it into a cavity that opened on it’s chest.

Then turned and headed for an exit.

By the time it found one of those, alarms were screaming in the facility. Christabelles body had been found by a cleaning crew. The advisor who had turned into this creature in front of her bewildered eyes could not bring himself to care, as the thing he had become sank into the earth.

It traveled quickly. Back to the waiting Juliette, who reached for it with greedy hands.

Above her jail, London heaved again. Along the streets, people clutched their heads and began to scream, as images from their worst nightmares began to flash into their brains. Others calmly sat down and just stopped. More than a few crashed their cars, creating mayhem on the roads.

Camden Locks remained absolutely stable. As if the eye of a hurricane.

TAG - Nathan, Grace, Eric.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Hub Stuff.

Postby Tavey » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:13 pm

For a brief moment compassion and tenderness overcame the rage. Quin reached up and tentatively stroked the side of her face.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I had no idea."

Derowen shook her head. “It’s alright.” She ducked her head away, almost managing to hide the impish smile that crossed her face.

"Better go to the crystal then," he said slowly. "I saw what Anteros did to those people and I still dream about it."

He started to walk towards Derowen's rooms.

Derowen tapped her earpiece. “Wen to Fred. Quin and I are going into my quarters. If you want, maybe you could follow us there please?”

TAG - Fred

She thought a moment and then tapped the earpiece again. “Wen to John. Quin is going to be accessing the interface for the first time.”

TAG - John.

She hurried after Quin, and walked into a room that held so many memories for her. She immediately walked over to the round interface and placed her hands on it. There was a flicker deep inside.

“Activate.” she said clearly.

Her holographic head shimmered into being again. “Well. Finally you come to talk to me. A bit late isn’t it, when you have to give over the sword?” Not-Wen tilted her head to one side, considering. “You’re softer. It’s nice. Don’t get used to it. Now. Where is the new recipient?”

Derowen took a step backwards and nodded to Quin.

“Put your hands on the sphere. And wait. It will do the rest.”

TAG - Quin

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:54 am

“Wen to Fred. Quin and I are going into my quarters. If you want, maybe you could follow us there please?”

Fred finished his warm up, and quickly grabbed a glass of water. He then strode out of his quarters, and along and up towards Derowen’s quarters. He arrived at the entrance to Derowen’s quarters, and was about to raise his hand to knock on the door, when John lumbered up.

“Derowen call you too?” Fred asked politely, as he knocked on the door.

Tag - John

Active

Forgotten
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Foxy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:46 am

One minute, they had been driving calmly along, Eric readying his weapons, Nathan asking about the Eye, the next Grace was plunged into her worst nightmare, and yet somehow she was aware that somewhere she was still awake, still in the car. She gripped the seat, her knuckles white, determined not to scream.

TAG - Nathan (trying to avoid the other drivers!), Eric (however it hits you, or doesn't...)

Finally, the SUV drew to a halt and as abruptly as the nightmare had come, it left. Grace sighed heavily, finding herself drenched with sweat. At least this was something she was used to. Thank goodness she hadn't been the one driving. A cacophany of cries and car horns behind them implied she hadn't been the only one affected and yet where they had stopped seemed almost serene in comparison.

"Where are we?" she asked.

TAG

She grabbed for a scanner - either they were on the outside and would have to go through it again or they were in the centre. One way or another, this needed sorting out before anyone else got hurt. The readings weren't clear, but at least she had a direction.

"Come on," she opened the door. "This way."

TAGGLES

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Next

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes