Get Rick and other tales.

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Get Rick and other tales.

Postby Tavey » Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 pm

The M1. If you have never had to drive the M1, be thankful. That’s what the signs leading to it should say in the reflective lettering on faded motorway signs. Even with the minimum curve built in to keep drivers awake, the rumble strips and the cats eyes stretching into the distance, it is and always will be a boring stretch of road to drive.

There is a reason why it has so many accident spots. But that is another tale.

Brock sent the directions to Quin and the other driver. He only hoped that this would be a walk in the park for them. An unknown group was holding someone who may or may not be also unknown. Should be easy... honest.

Rick Stowell. Granted that the sand version had driven them all to distraction with his never ending need for information, understanding and his ability to put things together. Not always in the right way mind you. There had been a few moments when one of Rick’s conclusions had brought dead silence and a blinking stare from whoever he had been talking to.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Torchwood pulled up in the parking lot of a typical bustling tourist trap. The effects of being awake for over 24 hours were beginning to be felt. The team all looked as though they needed sleep, needed some comfort and wanted to just be left alone.

A bus load of school kids was creating noise over by the entrance to the visitor centre. They didn’t want to be there and were showing it. As they all filed through the pristine glass doors, leaving fingerprints galore, there was one who hung back, looking at the two black SUV’s curiously. The boy, a typical kid of around ten, turned and followed his class in for the slideshow that they were supposed to be attending.

Evelyn had called in as they were turning into the parking lot. “Okay Peeps. You got your tourist area, you got some warehouses and there’s a couple places with odd energy readings through the town. Where do you want to start?”

TAG - Everyone at Bedlam Furnaces.

(which is, I think, everyone except, Derowen, Nathan, John Smith and Evelyn)

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue May 06, 2008 9:49 am

The blue anorak of the schoolboy blended well with the others. he followed along with the rest of the crowd, joining in with the insults being lobbed back and forth. Even indulged in a little bullying.

Once the school group was far enough inside the facility, he began moving slower and slower, finally dropping back to an Employee’s Only doorway and ducking through it. Inside the more grimy section of the visitor centre, he turned off the small device that had fooled the rest of them that he belonged. They would never think to look for him, never remember that he had ever been there at all.

Grants eyes darted around, looking for a location he could use to get his work done. He decided on a store room, filled with half broken clutter that was on a To Do list on some desk.

Clearing an area on a shelf, Grant first pulled several small items from the pockets of his detested anorak. He maneuvered each piece until it schniked into place. Once together, the item looked more like a spider or one of the odd metallic bugs he had once seen on a TV show. About 4 inches in size, it would be able to get into most places, and around most obstacles. It shook for a moment, running through it’s start-up sequence. The main flaw to this model was that it emitted a low level form of radiation not usually seen on this world.

“Tell her they are here. Then return. I will be waiting.” The ten year old boy shimmered and grew slightly older.

The spider-thing scuttled over the edge of the shelves and down onto the floor. Grant opened the door for it to leave, then found somewhere to sit. He smiled. The spider-thing would make it’s way to White-Richards to deliver the news that Torchwood had arrived, and that it was time for the next phase of the plan.

At the Hub. Evelyn looked up at her screen. Her eyes grew wide. “Brock Finnegan, darlin’ you need to see this.” she called. Brock raised his head. He had just finished with the clean-up of the bodies and events of the last day. London had gone into it’s amazing denial mode, that he found completely fascinating. How things could happen in front of all of them, and be dismissed in the morning was a never ending source of conversation.

“What the hell...?” His narrowed the focus of the area he was looking at on the screen. Then activated the long range communications. “Brock to Team. There is something moving inside that building. It is headed for what looks to be a side entrance. Just appeared a moment ago. I can’t tell what it is, or how big it is. I can tell you that it isn’t terrestrial. It is moving fairly quickly.”

TAG - The Team

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Hub

Postby Tavey » Tue May 06, 2008 10:18 am

Anteros circled the central column. He watched them all leave. He stared at Evelyn and Brock. Watched them all a lot of the time and compared them to the ones that had gone before.

He missed the last team. It had been different then. She had been different, more open. Had even told them his secret. His awful burden that he carried. He thought, with a touch of malice, that he would say carried to his grave, except nobody knew where that was.

In a sudden fit of spite, he attacked a pile of paperwork, the stoop worthy of a peregrine falcon. A pile of confetti exploded the other side of the Hub from Brock and Evelyn.

Once again, he drifted upwards, waiting. He felt..

Disconnected.

Maybe once Nathan was ready to take Derowen where she needed to go. Where she could get better.

Maybe then he could share his secret.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quin » Tue May 06, 2008 6:53 pm

Quin stifled a yawn. Hell he was tired. He hadn't had much sleep before their call out to the tower and he'd had none at all since.

He stretched easing out knotted muscles and joints made stiff from their longish drive.

'Where did he want to start?' With about 8 hours sleep and a full english breakfast in that order.

He also needed to pee. He was just about to make his excuses and find the gents when Brocks voice came through his earpiece.

'Oh joy,' Quin said under his breath. "I hear you Brock," he replied out loud. "Would that be the side entrance to the right of the main door?"
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Wed May 07, 2008 12:18 pm

OOC : Someone locked the thread on me :(

IC:

Nathan turned to Fred putting on a reassuring mask, he was sure Fred wasn't fooled.

“I need a syringe of retcon, just incase Lara decides she’s not mad enough to work with us.” Fred said, and slight hint of humour in his tone. He followed Nathan back to the medical area. He hesitated at the threshold, not wanting to go back in there with Derowen lying unconscious. Still he took a deep breath and followed Nathan.

"There is 20 doses here, set in packs of 2 at a time." Nathan said showing Fred in case he ever needed them again. "Take what you need, let me know how much you take so I can resupply the stock."

“I’ll only need the one pack.” Fred said taking one out. “I may not need it, but better save eh?” Fred said, but turned around to see Nathan’s back as he walked away. Fred sighed as he closed the medical cabinet, and left, with only the briefest of glances at Derowen.

Fred opened an eye as the SUV came to a halt. An old trick he had learnt as a kid, when his Father decided they should go for a long boring drive, was to drift into a light sleep. He could still hear his surrounding, and could feel the motion of the vehicle moving, and best of all, he could rest. Still 3 hours wasn’t much.

He yawned, and stifled a stretch. It wouldn’t do to hit a fellow team member in the face, before taking in there surrounding.

“Brock to Team. There is something moving inside that building. It is headed for what looks to be a side entrance. Just appeared a moment ago. I can’t tell what it is, or how big it is. I can tell you that it isn’t terrestrial. It is moving fairly quickly.”

"Would that be the side entrance to the right of the main door?"

“How many side doors can this place have?” Fred asked getting out off the car, and stretching. Once he’d worked out the various knots and kinks, he checked his gun was loaded, and ready.

Tag
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Where would we be without Kuruma..?

Active
- Fred BJ Black (Torchwood Ten)
- "Black Scar" (Dragon Squadron, FL)

Forgotten
- Leiutenant Commander Kurayami Sennai / SW-142
- Black / Kageashi / SW-193
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Foxy » Thu May 08, 2008 4:04 pm

“Okay Peeps, Evelyn's voice came over the open channel. "You got your tourist area, you got some warehouses and there’s a couple places with odd energy readings through the town. Where do you want to start?”

"Odd readings," decided Grace. "No point finding him only to have something ooky creeping up behind us. Patch it through to our PDAs."

Moments later, the displays updated - each with a map of the area with different colour spots indicated. Grace swept the PDA round until she got her bearings.

"That one," she nodded and led the way toward the visitor centre. "Maybe I can pick up a bookmark."

“Brock to Team. There is something moving inside that building. It is headed for what looks to be a side entrance. Just appeared a moment ago. I can’t tell what it is, or how big it is. I can tell you that it isn’t terrestrial. It is moving fairly quickly.”

"Would that be the side entrance to the right of the main door?" asked Quin.

“How many side doors can this place have?” Fred was readying his gun.

"Remember, try the stunner first," warned Grace. "OK, its new, we haven't had much time to test it, but as long as it isn't life-threatening, that's the weapon of choice on this run." She waved at a nearby parked coach. "And in case you hadn't noticed, the place is crawling with civis - underage ones at that. We wave those around, we get noticed. At least the stunners have the decency to look..." she pulled hers out and eyed it suspiciously, "... plastic."

She paused, hand on the door handle, waiting for Eric to take position. He nodded, and she pulled.

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Hub

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat May 10, 2008 6:21 am

John watched as the flurry of paper snow fell gracefully in the air, painting the floor and desk in a fine dusting of status and evidence reports. The ghost in this hollow shell of a place is restless, he thought, and one cannot entirely blame him for being so agitated.

Perhaps even the glimmer of understand could be imparted to the spectres less beneficial mood swings.

And so here the brave and valiant remained, as the others ran off on a quest to find their friend and the two missing pieces of the Eye...he could always have gone with them, aided them, help them save the day as it were...

BAH! Screw it, he thought, I’d rather stay here and have what little fun I can have before...well, just before, would do to ruin a suprise such as...well...you get the idea.

“So...” John said, bellowing as he left his stool by the bar and the entered the centre of the hub “With the cat being spayed and her kittens away...what shall we precious few do to waste our time here huum?”

TAG-Hub lot, sorry for the lag just things in my life not moving with the stage directions.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Tavey » Sat May 10, 2008 8:08 am

The ties that bound him were slipping. He luxuriated in the expansion of his space. It meant, of course, that She was passing. He cared. In a distant way, the binding loose enough now that he could revel.

Revel. What an interesting word.

He began sweep around the central Hub, with increasing speed. Papers began to lift at the edges with the change in the aircurrents. He slid past John Smith, missing knocking him over by inches.

If he still had a face, or was able to move the ones he did own, it would have been filled with an insane glee. The closer She got, creeping down that long road, the nearer it was for him too.

He bounced off the walls, cracking the old ceramic tiles. A few slipped and crashed on the floor. Brock jumped. Then cursed. “Saw something about this. Where where where? Something about Torchwood and Derowen. Evelyn? you ever come across the reference?” It was an elusive note. Something he had seen some time before, and thought little of at the time.

TAG - Evelyn

The air began to cool in the Hub. Frost formed way up where the lights didn’t quite reach their fingers into the dark.

He spiralled down to the entrance to Derowen’s quarters, now open. He began to push at Nathan, almost forcing him through the doorway.

TAG Nathan.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Honour or Duty?

Postby MattW » Sat May 10, 2008 8:02 pm

One of the men that looked liked Rick Stowell stopped arguing with his companion. He selected a small crystalline pebble, carefully pressed it into the centre of his forehead and - with an audible 'click' - changed his mind.

The other Rick Stowell watched, with interest, as his companion also changed physically. The new form was taller, slimmer and wearing an old style 'dress' RAF uniform: an Air Commodore. From the way he stood, he obviously felt entitled to do so.

'OK, Your Majesty' asked the unaltered Stowell 'Now what? '

'Give me a moment' protested the Air Commodore ' The memories are spectacular. Definitely less... puritanical... than Mister Stowell."

"Yeah, yeah.' sneered the other. " You can get all nostalgic about 'The Girl with the Silver Syringe' later. Right now we haven't got one sodding piece of the 'Eye in the Sky'. We NEED every single fragment."

"I'm fully aware of that." said the Air Commodore "And now that we've used Stowell's talents, we'll get them all. But what can we do about security? According to those Luminos chaps and chapesses, there seem to be several other avatars of Stowell gallivanting around. It was sheer luck that WE found each other."

"Yeah... " agreed the other "I don't like the fact that we've apparently been operating under some sort of instinct. With no more direction than a swarm of ants. Well...other than what we could get from... subprocesses of Mister Stowell's mind and...." he shivered, before continuing in a whisper "that other one.'"

The Air Commodore looked stern "Yes we must do something about the other one. But that's for the future. Now that I've had a chance to think about it, we both know what's required here. One - a broadcast that will be picked up by all avatars. Two - a diversionary attack on Luminos. Ideally, we'll damage their archives and perhaps Mister Stowell. In any event it'll buy enough time to retrieve the Air component" He raised his hand as the other began to object "I know. I know. It's ungrateful in the extreme. We owe him a debt of honour. But we also have our duty."

"Do we really have to?"

The Air Commodore put an arm round the other's shoulders. "How long do you think it would take any random human - let alone Stowell - to piece things together once they linked the "Eye in the Sky" and the death of a Grand Master?"

The other snorted, sadly "Lemme think. With all the conspiracy theories already floating around about the crash... Not long."

The Air Commodore nodded . "Not long at all. Luminos would have done it if they hadn't been under the influence of Air for the last 66 years. "

The other interrupted. "65 years. The anniversary is August 25th. Same date as Battle of Milne Bay"

The Air Commodore coughed impatiently. "Thank you Mister Stowell. However, my point is that Air has kept them from making the final conclusion. They don't even think about it anymore. But Stowell's mind is new and once he finds out how Luminos got Air, it's all over bar the shouting. He'll be going 'Eureka' about 30 minutes after they let him cross-reference their files.'

The other sighed. "OK. We'll make a 'broadcast', then we'll attack. But not in these forms" He pulled 2 more crystalline pebbles from his jacket pocket. "We'll use these"

"Good man."
MattW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby LrShadow » Mon May 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Nathan stumbled into the living area of Wen's quarters pushed by the spirited winds.

The walls were painted dark sage green. Pictures, some small wooden shelves with masks on them. Three old squashy arm chairs set facing each other brought the hint of companionship. It appeared that at one time, she did not keep her door locked.

Small wooden tables set between the chairs had various nic-nacks, some of which were not Derowen's style. There are, of course, the ever present monitors and keyboards showing various images of the hub and showing various streams of data. Just beyond the chairs Nathan saw a door that lead directly into her bedroom, this room he avoided.

To the left he found two more doors, or doorways being the doors were not present. One lead into the kitchen, the other into a hallway.

Nathan felt something pulling him, dragging at his heartstrings. Crossing the living area, nudge by a slight gust from Aeros, Nathan entered the hallway. It was cramped with bookshelves lining the walls but still there was enough space to walk through. Here too were various things Derowen must have picked up over the ages, Nathan was sure each one meant something special to her. His hands caressed the old books as he following the humming in his heart.

Several more doors passed on his right but he ignored them. The last door on the right pulled at him like a heavy weight.

"This is it, its what we are suppose to find." Nathan muttered as he reached for the nob. There was no telling what was in there, the note he got only said that it would help.

As the door opened Nathan felt a rush of cool energy wash over him, even push him back. It was warded, but not closed. Trusting to fate Nathan shored up his mind and thought only of Derowen.

His feet scrapped against the sandstone floor. Stopping he opened his eyes, he hadn't realized he had closed them. The room.... glittered as if stars were caught in the fabric of the walls and ceiling. There seemed to be patterns that hinted at more but were gone before his eyes could fix on them.

In the center of the room was a dias with a large crystal about the size of a watermelon nestled in what looked like stone hands reaching for the heavens. Nathan stepped onto the dias and looked into the singing crystal. Images flitted in the milky center, passing on tidbits of information as well as asking him some questions.

"Its... a diary.... I think." Nathan said in awe. "And it appears to be.... interactive."

TBC/Tag if anyone is here....
'... we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one.'
- G'kar and Sheridan, The Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles

Yahoo= LrShadow
=============================

Ranger Zed McCann - X Trinidad Station (R.I.P.)

Nathan Scott - Torchwood 10
LrShadow
SLA Fleet Captain
SLA Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Tue May 13, 2008 8:28 pm

There was a thin swirl of red light through the crystal. Derowen’s face appeared. A less drawn, more cheerful looking Derowen.

“You’re back then. Overdue. I keep telling you not to keep it back. Bad things happe... Wait.” She frowned, looked up at Nathan. “You aren’t me. What are you doing here? Who are you? I know you. Where do I know you from?” Her eyes darted from side to side, as if reading something.

The light within the crystal changed, images sped through it, flashes of a history never spoken of. Nathan’s face suddenly appeared. He was a lot younger, more innocent looking. Barely able to grow a beard. Then it flickered, showing several images of him, one after the other.

“You watch. So Watcher. Why am I not here?”

TAG - Nathan.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue May 13, 2008 8:36 pm

The thing scuttled along the hallway. It's orders were clear, and it would find the fastest way to complete it's mission.

The door opened suddenly ahead of it. Pausing, it considered the options avilable, then turned and ran up the wall to the ceiling. There it hung, moving slower now, the myriad of limbs undulating as it flowed towards the opening.

TAG - Everyone outside / coming in through the doorway.

The boy concentrated for a moment, realising that the pigeon had stopped moving swiftly. He closed his eyes, visualising all of the routes available. He chose to return to the younger version of himself, deciding that it was a more sympathetic incarnation than the youth he had become.

Opening the door, he crept through and began to walk towards the entrance.

++++++++++++

"Whatever that is, it's moving closer to you. You should be able to see it by now." Brock sounded irritated.

"And if anyone has any idea how to calm down Torchwood, I would love to hear it. We have papers flying all over, and I think it just broke a wall."

TAG - all

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Wed May 14, 2008 8:10 pm

Spinning Giddy. That's what She used to say when the spirit who lived in the complex called Torchwood Ten would get into one of his manic whirls of energy.

Torchwood had pulled Nathan to the room where he was supposed to go. Time for another unwilling visitor. He spun in an increasingly wider arc around the Hub, finally knocking over John Smith's drink.

He twisted the spilt liquid into a votex that danced across the bartop in front of John. Then, with a grip that would not be denied, turned him to the open door leading to Wen's rooms.

He pushed. Hard.

TAG John Smith.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Thu May 15, 2008 4:46 pm

"Whatever that is, it's moving closer to you. You should be able to see it by now." Brock sounded irritated.

By now, all of them had entered the room and were sweeping around the walls, behind the door, checking under tables and behind other objects.

"No, there's no sign. Either your tracker's completely shite or..." Grace looked up and swore as the multilegged creature dropped toward her. One of the others was marginally ahead of her in opening fire and the thing fell past her to the floor in a pile of squirming limbs.

TAG - whoever posts next - you can be the hero!

"OK, Brock, your tracker's fine. We have a... a... oh sod it, I'll send you a picture." As several of the others pulled their weapons to keep it covered, Grace went for her mobile and snapped a picture, sending it back to base. "Do you want it bagged and tagged?"

TAG - Brock, unless it recovers, that is......

"Oh and if anyone has any idea how to calm down Torchwood, I would love to hear it. We have papers flying all over, and I think it just broke a wall."

Grace gritted her teeth. She had yet to reach an... understanding... with it. Ever since day one she had felt like it hadn't entirely trusted her and lord knows the feeling was mutual.

"Put me on speaker... Torchwood. This is Grace Forbes. Derowen MacFie is currently unable to carry out her duties, which means I am temporarily in charge. As such, I instruct you to... calm the hell down."

Yup, that was pathetic, but she was miles away and her attention was on the squirmy thing. She didn't have time for some etherial spirit having a temper tantrum. Shame you couldn't tan its backside...

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Quin » Thu May 15, 2008 6:36 pm

By now, all of them had entered the room and were sweeping around the walls, behind the door, checking under tables and behind other objects.

"No, there's no sign. Either your tracker's completely shite or..." Grace looked up and swore as the multilegged creature dropped toward her. One of the others was marginally ahead of her in opening fire and the thing fell past her to the floor in a pile of squirming limbs.

"Got it," Quin said triumphantly. "Whatever it is - was."
He looked at the thing on the floor. "Shades of Stargate," he said. "It looks like a replicant."

"OK, Brock, your tracker's fine. We have a... a... oh sod it, I'll send you a picture." As several of the others pulled their weapons to keep it covered, Grace went for her mobile and snapped a picture, sending it back to base. "Do you want it bagged and tagged?"

TAG - Brock, unless it recovers, that is......

"Oh and if anyone has any idea how to calm down Torchwood, I would love to hear it. We have papers flying all over, and I think it just broke a wall."

Grace gritted her teeth. She had yet to reach an... understanding... with it. Ever since day one she had felt like it hadn't entirely trusted her and lord knows the feeling was mutual.

"Put me on speaker... Torchwood. This is Grace Forbes. Derowen MacFie is currently unable to carry out her duties, which means I am temporarily in charge. As such, I instruct you to... calm the hell down."

Yup, that was pathetic, but she was miles away and her attention was on the squirmy thing. She didn't have time for some etherial spirit having a temper tantrum. Shame you couldn't tan its backside...

Quin resisted the urge to tell Brock to sing Torchwood a lullaby. He had no idea what the entity that they called Torchwood was.

Grace sounded quite dominant and hopefully TW would take notice.

"If its trashed my room I shall not be happy," Quin said.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Tavey » Fri May 16, 2008 5:51 am

The messenger thing spasmed and lay still. It slowly began to disintegrate into a small pile of golden sand.

In the storage room, the boy's eyes flashed. Deep angry red flares that illuminated the area, even through the brightness of the industrial lighting. He pivoted to the door, pulling out several black spheres from the pocket of his anorak.

After leaving the room, he began to drop the spheres every few feet. He was determined to get the message to White-Richards that Torchwood had arrived.

The spheres each rotated once, then sprouted legs of their own and began to scurry towards the exit.

TAG - The Team.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

HUB/Wens Nest

Postby Jake Sjet » Fri May 16, 2008 5:56 am

Not the usual spirit he use to follow, but when in Rome. He was frog marched by the ghostly force towards Wen’s chambers, a place he would gladly have gone had she been there. But then again, this ghost was that of a child so perhaps those bed time stories were better left in the lowest draw.

“So...Spirit of Torchwood, what’s the rush?” he said, the bottle now held by the neck in one hand. He’d made sure the ghost hadn’t taken that when his drink had been commandeered for the greater good. He took a long pull from the bottle as he entered the main room of Wen’s little nest.

And then there was ‘that’ hallway, the forbidden hall way, the ‘If you walk down there John I’ll make sure they call you Jess afterwards’ hall way. She had such a way with words, past tense.

“Okay so...here we are little spirit...now how about letting me return to my sorrows and drinks huum?” he asked nicely.

Jake Sjet

Postby Tavey » Fri May 16, 2008 7:50 pm

And then there was ‘that’ hallway, the forbidden hall way, the ‘If you walk down there John I’ll make sure they call you Jess afterwards’ hall way. She had such a way with words, past tense.

“Okay so...here we are little spirit...now how about letting me return to my sorrows and drinks huum?” he asked nicely.

Torchwood became a wall behind John, slowly pushing him to the hallway. As they passed a small round table, with a stained glass light upon it, Torchwood reached with an almost invisible hand and grabbed a box from the surface. He pushed it into John's hands, flipping the lid open at the same time.

Inside, nestled in a crumpled piece of green silk, was a piece of black stone. The partner to the one set in the ring that John had left in Derowen's hands.

With a low hiss, Torchwood - Anteros - Pushed John further down the hallway, towards an open door at the end.

TAG - John Smith.
TAG - Nathan.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Pieces of Sky.

Postby Tavey » Sat May 17, 2008 8:54 am

Fire arrived at it’s destination. The sand body that had brought it here was, by now, almost completely glass. It could not stand, just held the small triangle piece of destruction towards the person who plucked it from the stiffening fingers.

There was silence for a brief moment. Then a voice, cracked from either too much use, or not enough, howled in triumph. He danced, his tangled grey hair flying around his face, his scrawny body spinning around.

From another area of this hovel he called a home, someone was sobbing, almost silently. She had been promised freedom, once she had managed to control Earth to this point. But she had realised that there was little chance, now that he knew there were more pieces to retrieve.

“Girl.” He thrust the Earth piece through the rusting bars of her cage. “Make more.”

Juliette Saunders, aged 23, a secretary who had worked with Gerald Jordan for the last year. The jealous young woman had literally destroyed him little by little for flirting with another secretary at the coffee machine, now wished more than anything that he was here, able to hold her tightly before this madman killed her.

She reached for Earth. Her hands no longer had perfect nails, no longer had perfect skin. This stupid little trinket that she had found in a second hand store and thought interesting. She hated it now, even as she was drawn to it.

“What do you want?” she asked dully.

“Find me other pieces. These two won’t fit together. They push away. There must be others.”

Juliette bowed her head over the necklace, trying to find another odd feeling to follow. That is all that had happened last time. Suddenly, there was a new feeling to find, a trickle of energy that tingled on her skin. She had thought hard enough about it and managed to create the first sand creatures and waken up the heavy creature in the process.

There were two. One so faint, she wasn’t sure she could ever trace it. The other, brighter, though further away. She decided to follow that one.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Sat May 17, 2008 11:19 am

Eric was standing by the door, as Grace opened the door to have the multilegged creature fall on her. He had separated from the group to check for any more surprises around the area. The Cajun had noticed something strange, though.

Little legs carrying something strange. Spheres?!! He pressed on his comm. "Sparky, look alive, we've got at least 7 little multilegs headed to the exits..."

He tried to see what they were doing, but he couldn't tell, because he focused on something else. "Wasn't that the... How'd he get 'ere?"

Derowen lay in her silence, her chest moving in time with the machine that was breathing for her. The sword that had kept her alive all this time was flexing itself through her nerve endings.

Her mind wandered through the paths of her history, along the ways of her present. Lost. Until she found a beacon calling to her. She sped towards the spark, startled to find that she was standing beside Eric and the others when she arrived there. She tried to touch his arm.

“Hello?” Her voice was hesitant. “Cajun? Can you hear me?”

Eric turned around and saw Derowen, or at least through her. "Hello, boss lady... Aren't you supposed to be..." Then, it hit him and he jumped back. "Oh hell naw. You're not dead... Can't be dead!"

Derowen reached for him instinctively wanting to comfort him. “No no. I don’t think so. Besides, stupid sword won’t let me die. It’s way too painful for that.” She glanced past him spotting the thing on the floor. “Eric… what is going on here?”

He looked at her and glanced at something inside her. "I can tell. The damn thing is dominant and glowin'..." If she wasn't dead, she was closer to it than Nathan thought. "Alright, Derowen. We saw a little rascal earlier with a group of school kids. Didn't think anything of it, of course. He's a kid. What's he gonna do, right?"

He tried to distract himself away from the sword a bit. "Some spider like thing attacked Grace. Of course, the crew took care of it, and all was well. I just saw seven more of these things some out of that room, and the kicker is... That scamp we saw earlier also came outta the room."

Derowen’s voice became sharp. “Kid? About ten? Looks completely harmless?” She walked over to the door staring at the tiny things scurrying towards them.

“Those are his messages to someone. There will be more. Stupid fu*king idiots!”

The sword suddenly flared into bright light, as her temper exploded. She literally spun around, pushing past Eric and the others for some space, struggling to get back under control.

Eric noticed the sword and got her message to him. "I am Derowen's gun..." He aimed his weapon at the spheres. "Stand back."

"Leave enough to follow. and don't let that creature near you!" She yelled. Still fighting the sword's need to kill.

He fired upon five of the spheres, as the others stood back from his blast. "Two will suffice... You idiots. The kid isn't what it seems. He's a harbinger." His eyes turned red, as if someone was giving him the message to tell the team. "Leave him be... You can't handle him."

Derowen saw the effect that her anger was having on him and forced it away. The effort left her panting harshly. "Cajun. I am sorry. I left things too long. Been too angry, too scattered." She walked back over to him, resting a hand on his arm. "Calm now. Then I can explain."

He felt her hand on his and nodded. "Sorry, when spirits use me for a sounding board... Seems it's like Big Momma said, I feel it all. And she ain't kidding..."

I have not been a good friend." Derowen was full of remorse. She could see now what she had been trying to ignore for months. "When I get back... " It was also obvious that she still might not get back.

"That creature is a Hadriganite. It can change it's age, but not the body it took over when it landed here. There will be a missing person report for that boy. The Hadriganite has given it's loyalty to someone here. Probably been here at least ten years. It will mess with your minds."

Eric looked at the boy. "Doesn't seem like much... However, that's probably what it wants you ta think." He scratched his chin for a bit. "No wonder Jean-Baptiste couldn't pick up a thing... It's beyond his scope, isn't it?"

Derowen nodded. "Yes. If he's the big fellow standing to the right of you, then yes. This is far beyond his abilities right now. The longer you are exposed to alien life, the more he will adapt. "

"Don't know about the little girl standing on my left. Her story is a bit hard to explain, but she's frozen looking at something. And needless to say, she's the voice of reason, sometimes." He looked over at the scared Iraqi girl, who seemed to be holding onto his arm. "The more I'm seen as a spirit guide, the more I'm not used to it..."

That was when it hit Derowen. He was an anchor for them. She backed away slowly. "i can't do this to you Cajun. Can't let you hold me if it's my time to go."

He looked at her, "Don't be afraid, boss lady... I'm only an anchor for those who have unfinished business. As you see, they're still on this earth clearly to me..."

He pointed to her, "You, though... I see right through you. Like what you needed to do... Is done."

"One last thing Cajun. Tell them... " her face filled with sadness. "Tell them I am sorry that I didn't love them the way I should have."

At this moment, he saw something else. "Wen, it's alive, isn't it?" The sword grew a bit brighter in front of him. "That's why you say it... It won't let you leave. You are the Queen of Swords, aren't you?"

He remember his old legends that Big Momma had told him. About how man played with things of the other world that should not have been played with. "How long, Derowen? How long have you been here... On this Earth."

Derowen stepped close to him again. Closer than she ever would in life, except when they were sparring. "More than the Queen Eric. This is the Ace. I am the Ace. I am over one hundred years old, and I built Ten from nothing. I have killed in the name of Torchwood. I have loved in the name of Torchwood."

She stopped him from speaking and added "The sword is older than that by far. Whyte didn't know what he created."

He looked at her. "The girl says that name a lot. Arabic is a hard language to understand, mind you... She keeps saying white over and over again. Said it when the boy came out... I thought she was yelling out colors in English."

He held out a finger for a second, and felt a slight burn around his neck. "Sh*t... feeling something burning 'ere!"

Looking at Eric, Wen could just about see a line of energy trying to wrap itself around his neck. She grabbed at it, trying to pull it away. "You get attacked by spirits a lot Cajun?" She forced the energy away from him eventually, realising that by now, the rest of the team was staring at him blankly.

He was choking a bit. "Not often... And that wasn't a ghost. That was a direct... Oh hell. The brat!"

Derowen looked past him. And also realised that she was being drawn away at the same time. "Watch out for his eyes! I can't stay."

She let herself be gathered into the shadows that flung her back into her own body.

He put on his sunglasses, as she left. "Yeah... She's coming back, mean as evah..." He looked at the team who was looking at him like he lost his mind. "I was getting choked there, and that little boy is responsible. So, key things... Run for cover, and don't look at his f*cking eyes!"

He looked over at Grace. "Search for Hadriganite in the Archives! Because that's what the boy is!"

TAG - The Team (No, he isn't completely crazy... we hope.)
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

HUB/Secret Room

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat May 17, 2008 6:47 pm

His heart skipped a beat at seeing the aged, worn stone ship held in the soft embrace of the worn silk. He could feel it tugging at him, a heavy force pulling his eyes to it with each stuttering foot step. It had taken...how long to forge that ring? Oh the ring itself was easy enough, but fitting the stone itself had almost proved his undoing.

These stones were like that, unnatural things life itself repulsed...but then again, John Smith knew what a paired set could do in the right conditions.
He snapped the box shut quickly, his fingers tightly wound around box’s lip so their knuckle shone a painful white. With each step into the corridor, the dark opening at its end hungrily eyeing him, John tried to take a step back.

Bad idea.

Anteros forced the leg forward, causing him to stumble and almost let the box fly from his hands. A box that might open, releasing the stone from its light bondage. No harm would come to it, nor its partner in crime in Wen’s unconscious hand, but picking it up with a bare hand would do more than its fair share.

“...Why am I not here?” came the voice from the crystal, displaying a flickering display of images that could only be Nathan’s family album.

“Oh...oh that’s just neat.” John smiled, holding the box behind his back as he leaned around the Watching Watcher “No really I mean it, all those make over show’s and you never see one of these do you?” He purposefully stayed behind Nathan, away from the watching crystal, away from seeing him...
Away from seeing the past.

TAG-The MaybeWen/Nathan

Jake Sjet

Postby Quin » Sat May 17, 2008 8:39 pm

When someone tells you not to look behind you or don't look over there, the instinctive reaction is to do that thing.

Quin risked a quick glance, it was a kid, just a kid. Eric seemed kind of upset by it and Quin kind of trusted Eric's judgement. So despite wanting to, almost being drawn to, he didn't look in the child's eyes.
Quin - Torchwood 10
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Peppermenthe » Mon May 19, 2008 10:55 pm

Eugene Robinson wrote:Eric was standing by the door, as Grace opened the door to have the multilegged creature fall on her. He had separated from the group to check for any more surprises around the area. The Cajun had noticed something strange, though.

Little legs carrying something strange. Spheres?!! He pressed on his comm. "Sparky, look alive, we've got at least 7 little multilegs headed to the exits..."

m

Lara looked around. She had no idea what in the seven hells she was doing here. She didn't get sent on what appeared to be some sort of a sting operation... She watched the team scramble over a bunch of the little metalic things as they moved towards the exits.

Then her eyes caught the one that appeared to be sneaking by itself the other way. Sneaky. Group tactics, obviously a sign of intelligence. Lara sighed as her brain began to process. Finally, something to do.

"Guys... shouldn't we be following the sneaky one the others are trying to distract us from? I can just shoot it, if you like. I mean, nobody's bothered to give me any background information to look at, so I assume one of your analysts has this mapped already."

Lara kept an eye on the sneaky bug. So far it was the most interesting thing in her mindset. She could see what appeared to be a ghost forming in her peripheral vision, but she hadn't been hired to stalk ghosts.

So, not her concern until it impacted the investigation.
Peppermenthe
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Postby Tavey » Tue May 20, 2008 10:23 am

White-Richards called for Rick Stowell to be brought to her.

He was a much happier man now that he had been allowed access to the library and granted level one clearance for the vast computer network.

She waved him forward when he arrived on the patio overlooking perfectly upkept gardens. Gardeners knew better than to be visible, but their work was clear.

"Are you ready?" She asked. "I have a report that Torchwood is in the town, and beginning to work their way here."

TAG - Rick.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Escape!

Postby MattW » Tue May 20, 2008 7:50 pm

White-Richards called for Rick Stowell to be brought to her.

He was a much happier man now that he had been allowed access to the library and granted level one clearance for the vast computer network.

She waved him forward when he arrived on the patio overlooking perfectly upkept gardens. Gardeners knew better than to be visible, but their work was clear.

"Are you ready?" She asked. "I have a report that Torchwood is in the town, and beginning to work their way here."

TAG - Rick.

RICK STOWELL

Rick's head twitched slightly.

"That's probably for the best, Miss White-Richards. I hate to seem an ungrateful guest - it's been utterly fascinating - but I'd like to leave the vicinity of your Air symbol before the neurochemical and neurobiological changes become permanent."

White-Richards raised an eyebrow. "Changes? What changes?"

Rick grimaced with the left side of his mouth. It was almost a smile, but his tone of voice was bitter. "I'm becoming left-handed; but that's just a symptom. My brain is processing information holistically. Right hemisphere stuff. Not left hemisphere. And before you ask...I don't know how it's being done. Only that the Air symbol is involved somehow."

White-Richards pursed her lips. "How ironic. Perhaps Torchwood's actions will rescue you after all. But we digress. Mister Stowell, I don't want to be a poor host, but I'd like you to escape" She gestured across the lawn "Specifically, over the garden wall there."

Rick understood. "Oh, I see. You'd prefer not to have a firefight.'

"Precisely, Mister Stowell. Discretion is the better part of valour. And of Public Relations."

"But.... Torchwood will put it all together eventually."

"Very possibly, Mister Stowell. But the key word is 'eventually'. They have other priorities at present."

Rick was still bitter, but he couldn't stop a real smile as he walked across the beautifully manicured lawn "I'd better start running hadn't I? Before one of your people gets... enthusiastic." He turned to give a sarcastic wave. "Au Revoir, Miss White-Richards"

She smiled sweetly as she gritted her teeth "Bonne Chance, Mister Stowell"

TAG - anyone in Ironbridge Gorge
MattW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Next

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes