What's that Noise Downstairs Mum?

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Doran

Postby Tavey » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:53 pm

"Hi there Doran," Quin called to the youngster. "You and Fred are in the car with me. I'd be grateful if you would sit behind this lovely lady and make sure she behaves herself."
He smiled sweetly at Laura. "That OK with you love?" He asked.

"Fine with me sweetheart," Doran said with a smirk as the butt of his cigarette arced redly away into the darkness. He exhaled hard before getting into the car and popped a mint in his mouth from a battered old tube of Polos.

"So who's this biddy then Mr Sanderson? Is she something to do with that bumblefuck who came after me?"

Quin winked at Doran. "Didn't know you cared," he said. "Laura meet Doran, Doran this is Laura. Now you both know all you need to know."

He half turned in his seat to look at Doran. "I realise that to you I must seem totally ancient but just call me Quin. One day you will be as old and worldly wise as I am and you too can be condescending towards young people."
"Yes but that won't be for a very very long time," he quipped back. Doran appreciated the small kindness of offered informality but he figured Quin wasn't one for the mushy stuff.

He turned back to the driving wheel waiting for Fred to join them. As an afterthought he turned back again. "Give your lungs a treat and ditch the cancer sticks kid, trust me chicks do not dig guys that smell like an ashtray."
He had heard this so many times before but as most of his cronies smoked so that didn't matter. Typical line of thought for a fogey who isn't getting it nearly enough, thought Doran with amusement, especially as his body count, including the clusterfuck in the club the previous night, had just topped eleven hundred.

Tag - Anyone in the car
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Quin

Postby Tavey » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:58 pm

He turned back to the driving wheel waiting for Fred to join them. As an afterthought he turned back again. "Give your lungs a treat and ditch the cancer sticks kid, trust me chicks do not dig guys that smell like an ashtray."
He had heard this so many times before but as most of his cronies smoked so that didn't matter. Typical line of thought for a fogey who isn't getting it nearly enough, thought Doran with amusement, especially as his body count, including the clusterfuck in the club the previous night, had just topped eleven hundred.

Quin caught sight in the rear view mirror of Doran's little smirk. They thought they knew it all at that age, he had. But then he'd done his first job when he was younger than this boy. He smiled remembering how he'd spent his share.

Those were the days, it had been far too long since he'd enjoyed himself. Not much chance of that when you were banged up at 'Her Majesties Pleasure' and Quin wasn't interested in following the path that a lot of lifer's took.

He wondered how long it would take to do the paperwork on the Weevil attacks. He couldn't go to any of his old haunts but a night on the town could be just what he needed.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Evelyn

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:01 am

Silently cursing whomever arranged her transfer, Evelyn opened the door and stepped over the threshold into Torchwood Ten.

The air became unnaturally still.

An alarm blared through the Hub. Brock half rose out of his chair in shock. He searched around The Hub frantically before looking at her.

Just as he spotted her, Evelyn was propelled against a wall. Her bag ripped from her grip and the contents scattered. She could not move.

"Torchwood! It's alright. Evelyn is one of us. Nathan is coming! Derowen will be here soon. Just wait before you do anything!" Brock's voice cracked with the strain of being heard.

He ran across the Hub to her, paging Nathan as he did.

"Brock to Nathan. I don't care what you have to do. Get back here immediately. Torchwood has Evelyn."

TAG - Nathan.

Brock stopped inches away from the bubble of energy that surrounded her.

"Evelyn. Stay calm Keep breathing. If you struggle he will feel justified. Help is on the way."

He slapped the InterHub on the wall beside the door.

"Wen, get a move on. Torchwood has trapped Evelyn. He isn't doing anything, but it's pretty angry in here."

He turned again to Evelyn and kept talking to both her and to Torchwood in a calm tone.

TAG - Evelyn, Derowen.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Derowen

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:04 am

"What type of guns are these, and should I be worried?"
Derowen looked at him.

"Point and shoot Eric. Brace because they have a kick." She tilted her head slightly towards the ceiling of the upper level, eyes scanning all the surfaces she could see.

"We weren't certain about Mama before... it happened. Keep looking all around. She's sneaky and she's going to want her baby. Course, last time I saw her, she was the same size as..."

The Hub alarm began to blare. A moment later, Brock's voice crackled through the interhub.

"Wen, get a move on. Torchwood has trapped Evelyn. He isn't doing anything, but it's pretty angry in here."

Derowen swore viciously. Her face became completely still and hard. "Anteros." she hissed.

Turning towards Eric, she twitched her head towards the upper level. "Let's go."

TAG - Eric.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Fred

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:05 am

Fred climbed into the truck and nodded at Quin, to let him know he could leave. He then turned his attention to the young woman, and then to a smirking Doran. With a slight shake of his head he turned his attention out off the tinted window.

"Did you search her in case she's carrying a tracking device on her?" Fred asked as he watched the street lights start to zoom by.

Tag – Quin, Doran
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Doran

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:07 am

"Did you search her in case she's carrying a tracking device on her?" Fred asked as he watched the street lights start to zoom by.

Oh no! thought Doran as he clicked his seatbelt into position. Not the disparaging shake of a superficial flatline f***tard, I'd better turn my entire life around. That's it fatass .
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Quin

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 am

"Don't worry Fred," Quinn replied. "We're not going home, I wanted to get away from that estate before I took a look. The natives weren't exactly uninterested in us."

Quin was tempted to put his foot down and go through an amber but he didn't want to draw too much attention to them. He wished he had one of those gadgets that they had in the Torchwood van. Never got stopped by lights driving that.

"Going to take her and the car to a little place I know, it's a garage, well actually it's a chop shop, we swop cars, take this one apart and strip search the lady. Unless she's swallowed it I guarantee I'll find it, if there is one of course."

He looked at Laura with a smirk of his own decorating his face. "I promise I'll be gentle with you."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Nathan

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:13 am

"Ready to go when you are." Nathan said waiting at the drivers door for the others. Grace ushered Ingham into the back and got in to sit with him. Nathan set off. They hadn't got far when Grace's earpiece sprang into action.

"Brock to Grace. There is a tracker on the van. Repeat, tracker on the van."

Grace swore under her breath. "Your man's persistent, I'll give him that... Pull over, Nate. I'll take a look. You keep an eye on our new friend here. I'd hate for him to get cold feet."

Nathan followed orders, sometimes it was best to look big and mean and not say a word. Turning toward their passenger Nathan eye-balled him, he turned white with beads of sweat popping all over his face.

"Brock to Nathan. Complication. We have an incoming team member and no-one here that can introduce her. Derowen is still in the cells. I need you back here immediately. "

"Understood." Nathan said tapping his ear-piece, no need to say anything else. Something caught his eye as the transmission was taking place. The equipment seemed pretty advanced, but still within this century.

A few minutes later, Grace got back in with a tube of tinfoil in her hand.

"The aliens reading our minds again?" Nathan said with a bland face and mirth dancing in his eyes.

Reaching into his inner pocket Nathan pulled out the PDA and affixed it to a spot on the dashboard. Tapping through the menu's he had the system connect to the equipment in the van and started downloading any information available.

Nathan reached into one of the side pockets of his beatup leather backpack and withdrew a small metal pill box. Turning so their passenger couldnt see he pulled out what looked like a small flat thumbtack. Replacing the metal pill box Nathan pushed the pack back. With a quick slap the tack stuck through the mans pants and a few seconds later he was unconscious.

"Im isolating and shutting down any external feeds to this equipment." Nathan said at Grace's look at the PDA. "I like to be thorough when it comes to things like this, and with our friend taking a nap we should be good to go." he put the van in gear and they were off to the base.

It wasnt long before they arrived, Ingham still sleeping peacefully.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Nathan

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:15 am

"Brock to Nathan. I don't care what you have to do. Get back here immediately. Torchwood has Evelyn."

"Im here already," Nathan muttered as he came running into the central hub, "she wasn't suppose to be here for another few days." dodging around a bank of equipment. "Torchwood, don't kill her.... its not her time yet." he shouted still running to find them.

"TORCHWOOD!" Nathan said an odd fatherly tone in his voice, his breath coming in quick bursts, "She is expected, just not today." he stopped outside the energy bubble holding Evelyn in place. "Evelyn, listen to me very carefully..... you MUST completely relax. Torchwood will not let you go if he thinks you are tense." Moving so he was directly in front of her, eye to eye Nathan took a slow steading breath hoping she would copy him.

"Evelyn, my name is Nathan." he said keeping eye contact, "Breath with me and relax....." his last word coming out like a hypnotist, "Relax....." he breathed with her.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Grace

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:16 am

"Im isolating and shutting down any external feeds to this equipment." Nathan said at Grace's look at the PDA. "I like to be thorough when it comes to things like this, and with our friend taking a nap we should be good to go." he put the van in gear and they were off to the base.

Grace's nostrils flared. "What the flying f*** did you do that for?" she stormed. "We could have just let him walk in and given him a Nice Cup of Tea, but instead you go and knock him out. Now we get another damn body to carry and it'll be hours before we can start questionning him. And as for that gizmo..." She scowled at the PDA. "If you could block the signals with a mere press of a damn button, why the hell did you let me faff around with the pigging tinfoil? Were you enjoying the floorshow?"

TAG - Nate (if he bothers to comment - feel free to chose to let her fume... ;-)

She didn't even mention his little "I like to be thorough" comment. An obvious dig at what he perceived to be her lack of thoroughness. OK, so if she'd managed to hit that Weevil on the first attempt, there'd be one less bodybag. And Fred wouldn't be injured. And if Nathan had a gizmo that looked like it made her bloody redundant, why the hell had Derowen bothered hiring her?

They pulled into the base and Nathan disappeared without a word, leaving Grace and the van, one comatose Weevil, one unconscious spy and several dead bodies and no one to help her carry them. She got out and slammed the door behind her. Inside, the Weevil stirred, but she was too angry to notice. She thumped the side of the van, then nursed her hand. Where the hell were the others? They'd had the delay dealing with the tracker, so she'd expected to find the others back first.

"Quin? Grace. What's the hold up? Oh, and please tell me your lady friend is still conscious..."

TAG - Quin/Fred/Doran - whoever's free to talk.

"Well, don't hang around. Grace out."

She gazed at the door Nathan had torn through. He'd gone off like a bat out of hell. What was with that?

Her eyes narrowed. She was going to have that damn PDA and figure out what made it work. At some point, he'd leave it lying around, recharging or something and then she'd have it.

"Still, better start unpacking the van..." she muttered to herself. "Yes, better start heaving the bodies around all by myself because Captain PDA has buggered off and left me to it all by myself..."

She yanked the door open.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:21 am

"Evelyn, my name is Nathan." he said keeping eye contact, "Breath with me and relax....." his last word coming out like a hypnotist, "Relax....." he breathed with her.

As Evelyn began to calm down and breathe in time with Nathan, the pressure of the air around her eased. Brock sank into a chair. He had been instructed by Derowen that if anything happened involving Torchwood the Spirit, that Nathan was the next person to call. At least until it got to know more of the new team and began to trust them. As it was, the oppressive weight of the Spirit's attention was still focused upon Evelyn, although it had pulled back to a more comfortable distance.

He toggled the interhub again.

"Wen, emergency over. Nathan is here. Do you have an ETA?" When she did not reply, he shrugged and took up his position with the gun again.

"Nathan, Evelyn, if you are all done with the getting to know Torchwood thing, you might want to consider getting behind something. Just a thought."

TAG Evelyn, Nathan.

As Brock looked around the hub, he realised that the entire team had not returned.

"Where is everyone? This could get messy... messier..." looking at the contents of Evelyn's tote scattered across the floor.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Doran

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:22 am

Well, whilst the 'dults are arguing amongst themselves they aren't getting their jollies bullying me, Doran thought with amusement. And as there were people around much bigger than him to lug bodies around he went off to change and put some coffee on.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Eric

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:22 am

Turning towards Eric, she twitched her head towards the upper level. "Let's go."

"How long ago was it that you met Mommy Dearest... Because... Look upwards." As he did he heard a slight hiss, and Derowen heard a slight gulp.

"Jean-Baptiste, you ******' idiot. What type of situation did you git me into?!!" As he said this, a hand was felt on his shoulder. "Nothin' I can't git you out of, brotha. Don' worry about that thing, Eric. Worry about the rest of the team..."

He looked for JB. "What's that supposed to mean... ****, talking to myself again." He looked over to Derowen. "I swear... I'm not crazy..." At this time, Momma dropped down. "Ok, not schizophrenic. I am crazy. I'll admit that."

He felt a hand again on his back, " 'Ey, stupid. Do what she said, point and aim. And 'ope this don' kick hard." Eric aimed and fired...

TAG - Derowen
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Nathan

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:24 am

Grace scowled at the PDA. "If you could block the signals with a mere press of a damn button, why the hell did you let me faff around with the pigging tinfoil? Were you enjoying the floorshow?"

"Because the tracker was not connected to these devices." Nathan said, but as he calmly looked at her he knew she hadn't heard him. He thought it best to leave her strange outburst for another time, hopefully when she was calmer. Besides, he really didn't want to talk about gizmo's right now, that would lead to uncomfortable questions.... questions he was sure would eventually rise.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Fred

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:25 am

"Quin? Grace. What's the hold up? Oh, and please tell me your lady friend is still conscious..."

"Grace, Fred here," Fred said while Quin drove towards this Chop Shop he knew. "We're going to switch vehicles and search our guest before heading to base." Fred informed her.

"You heard the lady Quin. Step on it."

Tag – Quin… Doran
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Quin

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:26 am

Quin grinned. "Not going to floor it, don't want the Old Bill on our tail."

He took a left turn then a right finishing up at a dilapidated looking car lot. There were several cars parked on the tarmac. None of them particularly new.

He got out of the car shut the driver's door and walked round to the other side. He opened the passenger door and looked at Laura.

"Get out," he said. "Don't try anything because I'm not pleased to see you this really is a gun in my pocket."

Tag Laura, boys.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Doran

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:27 am

OOC: I thought we were back at the Hub so my previous post can wait until we're back there.

"Grace, Fred here," Fred said while Quin drove towards this Chop
Shop he knew. "We're going to switch vehicles and search our
guest before heading to base." Fred informed her.

Quin grinned. "Not going to floor it, don't want the Old Bill on our tail."

"The Old Bill?" Doran said with obvious amusement. "Did we just go through a time warp back to the fifties?"

He took a left turn then a right finishing up at a dilapidated looking car lot. There were several cars parked on the tarmac. None of them particularly new.
He got out of the car shut the driver's door and walked round to the other side. He opened the passenger door and looked at Laura.
"Get out," he said. "Don't try anything because I'm not pleased to see you this really is a gun in my pocket."
Doran climbing out and immediately lit up. "Nice place Quin." He pulled out his mobile. "Assuming you can get this heap do we get a part exchange or should I call for a cab?"

Tag - anyone present.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Doran

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:54 am

"Grace, Fred here," Fred said while Quin drove towards this Chop Shop he knew. "We're going to switch vehicles and search our guest before heading to base." Fred informed her.

Doran wondered who amongst the 'dults was actually in charge, they seemed comfortable ordering each other around without a second thought. Apart from Quin it looked as if they were a bunch of Kelsos so far, still he could live with that, it wasn't the people that were important, yet, it was where he was that mattered.

Tag - anyone present

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Quin

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:55 am

"The Old Bill?" Doran said with obvious amusement. "Did we just go through a time warp back to the fifties?"

Quin smiled. The kid was a pedantic little so and so. "Doesn't really matter what you call them," he said. "Comes down to the same thing, we don't want them taking any notice of us."

Doran climbing out and immediately lit up. "Nice place Quin." He pulled out his mobile. "Assuming you can get this heap do we get a part exchange or should I call for a cab?"

Quin shook his head very slowly. "You do like to judge by appearances don't you," he said. "You are also rude and impatient but none of that matters because I don't give a ****."

The kid was smoking again, at least he hadn't lit up in the car. "Put that cigarette out before we go inside. There's quite a lot of flammable material in there."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Doran

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:56 am

Quin smiled. The kid was a pedantic little so and so. "Doesn't really matter what you call them," he said. "Comes down to the same thing, we don't want them taking any notice of us."

Quin shook his head very slowly. "You do like to judge by appearances don't you," he said. "You are also rude and impatient but none of that matters because I don't give a ****."
The kid was smoking again, at least he hadn't lit up in the car. "Put that cigarette out before we go inside. There's quite a lot of flammable material in there."

Well, it seems I was wrong, he likes being a fucktard as much as fatso Freddie. "Hey, mirror-job, there's no need for the Joan Collins 'tude, I was just making conversation, offering to help you know, but if you're just another asshole who gets his jollies bossing 'the kid' around, then **** you. I'm out of here."

Doran flipped his phone closed having already got a gps map location in case he needed to make the call, then he ran on to the top of a car on the far side of the street and jumped, and grabbing the coping stones at the top he hauled himself up and trotted nimbly along the top. As he reached the nearest building he vaulted up to the flat roof running, in moments he was in the adjacent street enjoying the night as he moved easily along it.
Last edited by Tavey on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Quin

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:57 am

"If trying to stop you blowing yourself and the rest of us up is bossing you around then yeah that's what I was doing. If you don't like it then buggar off."

Doran flipped his phone closed having already got a gps map location in case he needed to make the call, then he ran on to the top of a car on the far side of the street and jumped, and grabbing the coping stones at the top he hauled himself up and trotted nimbly along the top. As he reached the nearest building he vaulted up to the flat roof running, in moments he was in the adjacent street enjoying the night as he moved easily along it.

The kid was a loose cannon and he was old enough to take care of himself. Quin wasn't going to waste his time or his breath going after him.

He turned to Fred. "Well Mr Black, it looks like it's just you and me and the lovely Laura. Do me a favour and keep an eye on her while I get the door open."

Quin walked over to the large warehouse door. A smaller door was set into it and he took something out of his pocket and manipulated the lock. A few seconds later the door was open. He stepped inside and indicated to Fred that he should bring Laura.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:59 am

Quin stepped inside and indicated to Fred that he should bring Laura.

Laura swung her legs out of the van and levered herself out. She kept herself cool, knowing that sooner or later she would find out just who these people really were. What they meant to Gabriel and what she could earn for that knowledge.

She stuck her chin in the air a little defiantly and followed Quin into the warehouse.

"Well? Where are we going? I have the right to a phone call you know." Her bluster continued as Fred helped her along. "I have friends who will be very angry with you for doing this to me."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:00 am

"Wen, emergency over. Nathan is here. Do you have an ETA?" Brock's voice sounded a little tinny as it echoed on the tiles and glass of the cells.

Eric fired at the tentacled beast crawling along the ceiling towards them. The gun bucked in his hands, causing him to take a step backwards.

"Eric. Get back into the Hub. Get them ready. Unless I can convince Mama to get back into her nice room with Baby, we're going to have to contain her somehow."

She fired, slightly behind the body of Mama. It made an odd noise and scuttled away from the shot.

"Eric. Ready? Go!" With a short volley, Derowen stood clear and yelled "Hello Old Girl. Remember me?"

TAG Eric.

Mama froze, then turned its multiple eyes towards Derowen. It hissed and pulled away from her.

"That's right Girl. I have your baby, want to come and see?"

Taunting the beast, Derowen moved herself between it and the entrance to the cells. She hoped that Eric was able to get something organised, because when this thing went off, she was just going to run.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Fred

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:02 am

"Well? Where are we going? I have the right to a phone call you know." Her bluster continued as Fred helped her along. "I have friends who will be very angry with you for doing this to me."

Fred grunted. He grunted because he'd been thrown a roll as a psychopath killer. He'd continue to play along until it wasn't necessary anymore. He was actually hopeful that Laura would eventually let something slip as she ranted away.

He looked towards Quin and gave a quick nod, to let him know that he would back him up as necessary. He then turned his attention to there surroundings and quickly determined the possible exit routes.
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Eric

Postby Tavey » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:03 am

"Eric. Ready? Go!" With a short volley, Derowen stood clear and yelled "Hello Old Girl. Remember me?"

With that, Eric ran as fast as he could. "Finnegan! We got Momma on the loose! Get the team ready!" He ran back up the stairs hard and looked over at Brock.

Brock looked at him, "What do you mean... Momma. Don't tell me, Eric..."

Armitage nodded back to him. "Yeah, there was a lil' squid..."

Brock looked again at him. "...****. And the big one is out. Nice cleanup, Torchwood Institute."

Eric looked over at the two members in the Hub. "I guess you're the team at large. Derowen sent me to 'semble the team. I guess that be you. So, 'ere's the situation... She captured a baby squid creature. However, she's down in the cell area dealin' with Momma. I reckon we need to get Momma back with baby. If we don't..."

TAG - Nathan, Evelyn, Derowen and Finnegan
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes