Roll call

Torchwood Ten, an organization dedictated to defending England against the future. Because the 21st Century is when it all changed.

Moderator: [Sim] Torchwood Ten - Hosts

Roll call

Postby Tavey » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:25 pm

Who made it?

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:09 am

Is this a trick question? :lol:
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Where would we be without Kuruma..?

Active
- Fred BJ Black (Torchwood Ten)
- "Black Scar" (Dragon Squadron, FL)

Forgotten
- Leiutenant Commander Kurayami Sennai / SW-142
- Black / Kageashi / SW-193
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:58 am

Nope - I was checking to see if you folks could see this section!

Once Ali gets back, I think we might move the whole darn thing here. All of the OOC stuff is hiding the Episode.

Good to see you!

Er Fred is in trouble.... by the way...

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby jackkgrace » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:29 am

Deleted
Last edited by jackkgrace on Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackkgrace
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby Tavey » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:09 am

Hey Jack,

Welcome to the confusing world of Ten Forward. I appreciate you coming along for the ride.

So -

All of the extra names are folk that we play in other sims here. Most of the folk who are over at the yahoo group came from here to begin with. I think that you and Quin are the only ones who didn't.

It is a nice way to let folk know who you are elsewhere. Some, like Ozzy for example, have images in their signatures. Others, like me who still can't tie her own shoelaces on a computer, just have text.

As to why we are moving - it was always the intention to have a presence here. I apologise if that wasn't made clear in our original emails. Whether we move the actual sim here is a decision that has not been made yet. Certainly the ooc stuff that is obscuring the episodes could do with being here. If you don't think it is being obscured, look at the fact that over two days, while there was a lot of OOC stuff going on, I had our weevil friend kill and partially eat somebody. Everyone was being active, so it wasn't a case that we were all asleep. But the first post, while there was still a chance to save him, went unnoticed.

Also, take a look around. Yes, there are a lot of sections unrelated to Torchwood. But there are a lot of other Sims, in many different genres. Someone who has good writing ability, as you do, can have a lot of fun here.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:35 pm

Hey folks - welcome to the SLA!

As you have probably spotted, this is one great big family of sims - main advantage being there's a whole pool of potential players here, plus loads of other friendly people you can chat to, play wordgames with and ask for help with things like websites and graphics.

However, the sim is ours, all ours (Bwa ha haaaaa).

Anyone new to this forum, please do take the time to look around, dip your toe in the water, try out some silliness (I can recommend the Word Association game for starters). You might even fancy taking a look at one or two of the other sims - as you can see from my signature, I'm in several, as is Tavey.

We're still a new sim, so we'll try out the bits for size to see what goes where, but for the time being I would suggest we keep the plotline where it is on Yahoo and do the OOC stuff in here, so its easy to see the main story separately, but the Yahoo string is still very much the home of the game itself.

DO please bear in mind, the Confidential area is just for us, so we can be suitably "adult" in here (and of course in our Yahoo string), but the other areas are set up for general SLA access. This is mainly so that it serves as a free advert for our sim, but does mean it can be seen by teens, so please keep the swearing and nookie to a minimum out there... ;-)

For reference and advertising purposes, we may also post summaries of the storyline in here too. These may have to be *ahem* edited (key word asterisked, or even the odd bit omited), depending on which folder they go in - again to advertise our presence and show off your wonderful writing talents. Please let me or Tavey know if you have any objections to that or any suggestions on best way to go about it.

Bottom line, you can stick to just posting in the Yahoo thread, or you can post OOC (or even in-character but out of current storyline) in here as well, or you can run around the entire forum - but that choice is all yours.

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby jackkgrace » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:16 pm

Deleted
Last edited by jackkgrace on Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doran - cadet officer at Torchwood X
jackkgrace
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby Quin » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:32 pm

I'm here. I can see the reasoning behind both sides of the argument. I post in both types of games on other Yahoo groups and on boards.

I like the idea of keeping ooc posts out of the game site. It can mask what's happening and you can get very bogged down with oocs.

I don't see why we couldn't play the game here in its dedicated section. It would give it a greater readership. I may be vain but I quite like to think that people are reading and enjoying something that I have written.

The other thing that I like about boards is that you can read the last group of posts while you are replying so you can refresh your memory as to what is happening.

Having said that I am happy to play Torchwood 10 wherever it's based.
Quin - Torchwood 10
You got a problem with me? Good.
Quin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby jackkgrace » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:03 am

Deleted
Last edited by jackkgrace on Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackkgrace
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Postby Tavey » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:20 am

Okay chaps,

Foxy put it plain about how this is going to work. Go and read her post.

All of this discussion about the matter is taking away from the game.

I am declaring the topic closed. If you want to chinwag about it some more, contact Foxy and I offlist. Please cc to the pair of us.

Thanks.

Tavey.
Sticking on the big old moderator, runner of the Sim hat.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Foxy » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:10 pm

Incidentally, you can post photos on here, although they need to be hosted somewhere like Photobucket or any other site that provides you with a square-bracket-IMG-square-bracket format address (can't type it in or it'll think I'm trying to put a photo in now).

Two ways to do it - either copy and paste the entire square-bracketty goodness in, or just paste the filename (with the whole http bit all the way to end, including the suffix), highlight it and hit the Img button above the box you type in and it'll put in the square-bracketty bits for you.

Apologies if that either comes across as talking-down, or possibly worse total gibberish!

Oh and it's best to keep the photos fairly small size so that you can still get a fair number on the forum's page. Great big graphics make the page load very slowly for some people.

Any other hints and tips, feel free to ask.

Thanks, Azaria!
Foxy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Return to TW10 Previous Episodes