The Heat Inside

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

The Heat Inside

Postby Tavey » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:14 pm

The underground city was laid out according to a very structured society norm. Those with less money lived closer to the surface, while the serious money lived further away from the scorching sun. The tunnels were lit by an ingenious system of panels getting their power from the sun. It made sense that solar power would be the prime source of energy. Kynthia wondered if the residents had to pay for it, and then shook her head wryly. Of course they did. People in power always made sure that something that could be free cost most of a paycheque.

The crew walked along a bland looking tunnel until they reached an archway. Stepping out onto a large metal balcony like structure, the crew could look out over a huge cavern below them. The place was packed with people, walking between dozens of tents and booths. Lights were strung haphazardly between them, with cables snaking in tangles up to a large bundle that vanished into the darkness of the cavern roof. The scents of cooking wafted up to the group, and the sounds of music, speech and the cries of the hawkers for the booths echoed above.

It was, to be truthful, a welcoming sight.

"Well, this here is going to make our lives so much easier," muttered Kynthia Talland, as she started walking down the metal stairs leading to the cavern below.

TAG - one and all!

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: The Heat Inside

Postby Kris » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:53 am

Following down the stairs, Lu was actually enjoying the scent of the food from the cavern below. It had been interesting looking at how the lighting was rigged up and how some were living versus the others. It always seemed to work that way; the rich made themselves richer by making the poor poorer.

Hearing Kynthia mumble something, she raised and eyebrow and tried to catch up to her.

"Something you're not sharing, Kynth," Lu asked quietly as they continued down the stairs.

Tags to all!
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Addy had his cloak's hood up cover his head partially to cover the weapons strapped to his back and to cover his face. He had never been to Leviathan but still had remembered rumors of some of his fellow wealthy classmates being sent to the order but for the life of him, he could not remember why or who. He did not want to meet anyone from his past unless it was on his terms. A planet like Leviathan was not one of those places. He just turned his head slightly although slightly bowed, as if it was part of his gate, to observe his surroundings and those in his surroundings, his hands quietly remaining under the cloak in case a need for quick reactions. He listened to the Ky and Lu but decided that pulling a quiet guard was more important the reasons of their visit. He hoped that he would get it back in one piece. This thoughts made him look at the almost as lanky Averroes if only for a moment as his head a little more than usual to accomplish the feat.

Addy followed the others down the stairs and he thought, no, it was nothing or was it. A face of someone he might have known once or just another face. He tensed for a sliver of a moment before relaxing just faces in the crowd. He subconsciously lighted his step and lifted his head slightly for a better view of the area. Still no sign of the face, He couldn't even place it. "Just in your head," Addy whispered.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

Commander Rory Shannon - XO USS Pegasus, Into the Breach - Retired
popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Jake Sjet » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 pm

"Of course there's something she's not telling us dearest Lu," Averroes purred as he walked behind her, the borrowed knife from Addy held up the sleeve of one arm and thus far to close for anyone's comfort. Of course had he explained he was trained in the use of a knife, and was high proficient in other areas of weaponry and use, people would have feared giving him a tea cup.

Which was why he enjoyed working in an intelligence organisation: secrets bred faster than rabbits, often burying the truth beneath themselves.

"If she told us everything, half of us would not be here, and the other half would not wish to return." he explained simply as he slipped past the Monarch's first mate in his rush to get to the bottom of the stairs "You really should read the program before commenting on the performance."

The little shrug he gave Ky as he edged past here spoke of a simple long suffering phrase: Amateurs, what can you do with them?

The term 'hood ornament' came to Averroes's mind, and that should be to no ones surprise.

TAG-All. Sorry for the lack of postage, just dealing with a brick of 'Life' that landed on my foot.

Averroes
He has a knife...who was stupid enough to give Sweeny Todd's crazy cousin a knife?!
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby popcornman » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:57 pm

Addy listened silently to the man with his knife. Addy did not personally care if Ky had told them anything. He would be able to handle whatever was coming... unless... no she disliked the Alliance. He refocused on his surroundings. Averroes was saying something about a program. Addy quietly scan faces and buildings, being ever careful. He did not want himself or his family hurt. He glanced again at the man who now held his knife up a sleeve. The man was overly confident and cocky as usual. He brushed the holster under the cloak. He had a gun and he would rather fight a man with proper weapons like a sword than a cleaver, especially if he would have to use the cleaver on prepping dinner for the crew afterward. Addy smiled slightly at the thought, then continued scanning for anything a miss.

Tags
Wouldn't want a enemy to laugh when you produced a cleaver in a fight
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:48 pm

"Something you're not sharing, Kynth?" Asked Lu quietly. Kynthia thought for a moment, and listened to Averroes as he replied in the "I'm not sure if you're going to die or not, and I honestly don't care" tone of voice he tended to use.

She gestured at the throngs of people below them. "Oh, just that we've got some fun ahead of us. A man with slaves, we're told. I can see about four from here, an' we ain't down in that there mess as yet."

Sure enough, another well fed man wandered into view, with four women dressed identically trailing behind him, their jewelled and belled chains echoing lightly even to where the crew stood. Another snapped his fingers at the women behind him, who took three precise steps to the left, then dropped to their knees.

"She's interestin' though" Ky pointed across the cavern to a raised dias. Smoky oil lamps hung from thick chains over a low table surrounded by thick rich cushions. The colours spoke of far ancient times, and had Kynthia known of the region, she would have mentioned Morocco on Earth-That-Was. A woman reclined against one of the cushions. She was lithe, and lean. Elegant in that way that speaks of hours spent honing fighting skills. Her black hair was pulled back tightly from her face, and braided in a long, thick rope of hair that she had allowed to fall across a shoulder. Her body was encased from neck to feet in a tight leather catsuit in deepest midnight blue. She wore a buckled corset and three belts over the top of the catsuit. Each belt held at least one pouch, and some kind of sheath for knives. Her eyes were outlined in black, her lips deep red. Kneeling to either side of her were two men, dressed in the bare minimum for decency, though Kynthia supposed that was more because of the rules of the souq, than the actual rules of the society. To the side of the men, were two women, also dressed in the bare minimum. None were chained, or bound in any way, but it was obvious that they belonged to that woman.

TAG - all

"Wonder if she's some kind of companion," Kynthia mused, before turning and heading down the stairs into the cavern. The woman's eyes seemed to watch the crew as they walked down the metal stairs. Of course that couldn't be possible.

Could it?

TAGs

((There is light at the end of the tunnel for me. Sjet - real life sucks some times my dear friend. You are in my thoughts))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:37 pm

Lu eyed the woman and her group as she followed along. “Always possible, but she has quite a group of people there.”

She walked down the stairs behind Kynthia, watching all the groups of people, “So...wasn't this supposed to be somewhat easy? Finding the man that is. Too many of them around here that could be the man we want.”

Too many men...in the back of her head she wished that was a normal problem. Not that she would admit it to anyone that was here. She'd been away for so long from the one she'd been with and her son that it was hard to keep her eyes to herself. She felt bad for thinking that way, but at the same time, it was hard out in the black, even knowing that someone that cared for you and loved you was taking care of your child.

Sighing silently to herself, Lu continued to follow, “I wish we had better information then we do.”

Tags!
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:38 pm

"Oh I don't know Lu...she seems rather companionable to me." Averroes chided as he followed after Lu before sidling up to her "Besides, Companions are just as entitled to the employed labor of indentured servants as much as the next depraved soul. Beauty should never disguise the ugliness of reality, merely...heighten it. Imagine it like music without silence: just noise, just racket. But with silence, well now, that brings meaning. A little bit like pain without relief, if you like."

He looked over his shoulder, back to the woman and her court of kneeling servants, before returning to a forward facing posture. Predators always had a sense when they were the ones being stalked, though Averroes would admit he did not know if it was he or the group the 'Companion' was watching. He heard Lu's comment about information, and grinned wide: this was going to be a fun planet.

"Well we could always grab someone off the street and ask them a question or three," he said innocently enough before adding, the knife flickering across his wiggling fingers before vanishing again into his sleeve "And with the right tools I'm sure we could even get the right answers on the first or second try. One of these dullards is bound to know of the man our dear captain is looking for."

His grin, it seemed, knew not when to remain small.

"We could just keep asking people until we found them," he cooed, without alluding to the bodies that would be left in the wake of such questioning.

TAG-All

Averroes

Jake Sjet

Postby popcornman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Addy had noticed the woman and she was watching... him. His heart raced but he calmed himself with a deep breath. He followed the others still keenly aware of eyes that did not sway from the group and him. Lu was saying something about better information and he saw the knife appear for a moment. That was completely pointless. Addy knew even though he did not want any part of what he was about to do.

"Averroes, do you ever say anything nice?" Addy asked. "You do not need to kill anyone at least on something as trivial as getting information." Addy paused rising to his full height and removed the hood of his cloak and stared right at the woman that he knew would have the answers. "You just need to know who to ask and..." There was a voice in Addy's head that was yelling at him to run. "She will have the answers we seek." Addy stated to the captain never taking his eyes off the dais.

"Although it will probably cost me dearly." The last part was under his breath or in his head he could not honestly tell.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:44 am

"Not when I can help it." Averroes said dryly as he noted the some what dramatic stance Addy had taken whilst removing his cloak. All the young pup needed was a sword of some sort, a damsel to save, and a evil empire with which to use as backdrop to his deeds, and he'd make quite the dapper hero.

And oh look! A dragon lady! Quite the fantastical alignment of fates.

"Look I'm all for a man following his urges, its how we keep our power." Averroes said softly as he stood beside Addy, admiring both the woman form and the various orbits of her bought for chained entourage "But there are certain urges even a man such as I, lacking in many fine scruples, still attempt to avoid. Suicidal ones are the mean average, but occasionally charitable urges appear from time to time."

He nodded to the 'Companion'.

"If you go over there to ask your question, you will be giving in to a suicidal urge on your part. And seeing as that woman, and it is a term I use loosely for a creature such as she, seem versed in many things not to your liking the end would be a some what protracted affair. Then I..." he said drastically, placing a hand upon his own chest "...would have to come over there and slit your throat, because the suffering I feel would be placed upon you, would be beyond measure. A charitable mercy killing if you like."

He sighed and returned his gaze to Ky and Lu.

"Look I've done my best, but should the boy depart whilst my back is turned I'll have no part to play in his rescue." he held up his hands "I would wash my hands of his attempt were standing water not instantly vaporised into steam by his accursed rock we travel upon presently."

TAG-All. Either Ky becomes the voice of sound reason (HA! I kill myself sometimes) or Addy me thinks will be wandering into the lions den.

Averroes
Your assassination completed within the hour, or your body brutally dismembered.

Jake Sjet

Postby popcornman » Sun May 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Addy did move when Averroes' back was turned. He ducked through the crowd. He knew this was very very stupid. He was probably about to die, but if he was right and he was 85% sure he was... nope he was still probably dead. As addy approached the woman, he noticed the four not so inconspicuous men moving toward him. He was ready for the first man.

Addy's first punch landed in the man's stomach. Addy's elbow to struck the man in the throat, elminating the man as a threat. The second and third man reached Addy at the same time. A leg sweep and a strike to the sternum to one, and kick to the kneecap and knee to the chin elminiated the two leaving only one. Addy rose to meet the man with fists raised. The man only made it to his third attempt at a punch before he to lay on the ground. Addy took three steps and was on the dais, his hand pulling the katana. The sword reached the throat of the prettiest woman that was not his target just as the knife reached his own. "I always thought you might like women. Hi Rose, long time no see."

tags
Last edited by popcornman on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Rose's mouth quirked at one corner. Her eyes crinkled in amusement, as she stared at Addy over the blades between them.

"Well. What a surprise. I wasn't expecting to see you.. well ever again if I'm being more honest than usual. Why are you here?" Her voice could nearly have been thought of as being conversational, friendly even. But the weapon she carried did not move, or waver.

"Well?"

TAG - Addy

The commotion was all that was needed for a distraction. Kynthia muttered about gorram heroes and people wanting to die, as she watched her crew become the centre of attention. She out and out swore as she saw anyone who might be their quarry take one look at the fight, and melt into the throngs of people as though they were ice on the surface of this world. She also watched as the opportunists decided that now was a wonderful time to join in.

The fight quickly grew. Cooped up in this underground city, the population was obviously itching for anything that involved pain, mayhem and possible pickpocketing. Fists, feet and anything that could possibly be a weapon was used on anyone who happened to be in reach.

Ky ducked under one wildly swung fist, turned, clenched her fists and began to neatly pummel the person who'd tried to take off her head. "ADDY!" she yelled. "AVERROES! what the gorram hell are you up to?"

TAG - all

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:15 am

Lu rolled her eyes at the fighting. Was this really something that was necessary? It was strange that her mind was thinking this way when normally she didn't mind a random brawl to get things done.

Ky ducked under one wildly swung fist, turned, clenched her fists and began to neatly pummel the person who'd tried to take off her head. "ADDY!" she yelled. "AVERROES! what the gorram hell are you up to?"

Ducking away from a punch and allowing one to land across the jaw of the one who threw the punch, she looked over at Ky.

"Is there any point in questioning them? What good is it going to do?"

As she was speaking, she felt a boot hit her square in the stomach that knocked her back against the wall, causing her to gasp for breath. The one who kicked her grinned evily, but she was unable to get up and retaliate.

Tags: All
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Jake Sjet » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:30 am

"I'M MAKING NEW FRIENDS!" was the somewhat jubilant, and overly enthusiastic reply from the man with no plan.

He sat upon the only right side up table remaining in view, one of the many mismatched items that had been used to host the bazar's many bizarre commodities. His legs dangled playfully over the edge, swinging back and forth to a tune no one but he could hear, appearing to all the world the very picture of innocences. That picture was marred by the manic, somewhat unhinged grin upon his face, and the very large knife that now rested in his hands.

Really, in point of fact, it was more of a sword than a knife. But apart from nomenclature issues concerning the rightness or wrongness of the label, it was a sharp item and no mistaking: the two men laid low at his feet were testament to that. The two thugs had been part of the crowd moments before, just to hapless souls walking through from places afar. But the moment the fool Addy made his move, and violence surely had ensued, both the traveling men had parted their robes to reveal ballistic plating over their chests, and a pair of hefty scatter guns.

Said guns now rested beneath the table, along with one hand that still tried to pull the trigger, and fair amount of blood from the other more or less whole man. Any man who could do that to two armed thugs in the pay of the leather clad whelp was dangerous. But any man who could then sit before his deeds, and jauntily whistle a show tune or three, was not someone people wanted to pick a fight with or pilfer from pockets.

The mad ones were best left well alone.

"See?" the blood splattered dandy said, swinging the sword/knife down to gesture to the two incapacitated forms, before pointing it at Ky with a knowing smile "I told you violence would get us answers."

TAG-All.

Averroes

Jake Sjet

Postby Tavey » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:50 am

"New friends is it?" Kynthia shouted as she vaulted over a booth counter to hide behind brightly coloured pieces of cloth that were pretending to be big enough for clothes. She picked up a bright pink scrap and held it against herself with an expression of incredulity.

"Who wears these things?" she asked nobody in particular, then ducked with wide eyes as a man smashed into the counter itself. "Never mind!"

She waited for a beat, then popped up, swinging a fist into the jaw of the person standing before her, who then spun around and into the next body over. it was very satisfying, and Ky realized with no small amount of sadness that she missed this sort of thing and wished that her life was actually more exciting than it was. The next moment changed her mind about that, as Averroes executed some rather fine swordsmanship that left her feeling a little sick.

"See?" the blood splattered dandy said, swinging the sword/knife down to gesture to the two incapacitated forms, before pointing it at Ky with a knowing smile "I told you violence would get us answers."

"Uh, don't point that at me." She said, as mildly as she could. "I do so prefer my head to be on my shoulders."

It was around then that the alarms brought in the security forces. Well armed men in large amounts of armour marched into the fight, and started shooting rubber bullets into the crowd. Kynthia spotted them by the wake that they left behind them.

"Scatter!" She snapped at her people. "Meet by the arboretum. There's bound to be one a few floors down."

TAGS

((I've been in similar state to Addy recently I am afraid. Either wickedly busy, or dealing with illness, car accidents and the like.))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby popcornman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Addy's eyes never left the girl he once knew. "Unless I am mistaken, you can end this." Addy's finger pointed around at the chaos. "There is a matter we are here for and I believe you can help."

Addy made a calculated risk and lowered his sword, just as the security arrived to make the whole statement almost pointless. "Rose..."

The whistle that came from the woman stopped everyone that was not the crew.

"Thanks... and the knife." The was a trickle of blood was beginning to run down the edge and drip of the point.

tags

OOC: Out of the hospital for the moment, still no clue as to what is wrong with me, but with my new ipad situation, should be able to post even if i have to go back in the hospital now
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Jake Sjet » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Rubber bullets?
RUBBER BULLETS?!
How insulting! How indignant!
Did they have no idea of whom they were shooting at?

Gone was the knife that thought it was a sword, the sweet sing of its blade through the air terminating the well armoured chest of one of the security officers who had run into the market. It was amazing how often people thought ballistic armour made you invincible, instead of merely highly resilient. Averroes’s mused on this as he hunkered down behind the now over turned table, rubber bullets either pinging off the side or making little dents in the wooden boards.

He was really missing having the sword in his hands, swinging it to and fro with all due mischief in his eyes. Oh Captain Ky might have balked at the pointed tip of the sword being gestured her way, but he was certain that was only because she did not have one of her own. Sword envy: terrible thing that. It was whilst he was musing this, between rattling gun fire and the screams of those that did not know how to duck, that Ky sounded a general retreat.

“Well.” He said, letting out a petulant little sigh as he admired the two items that had fallen under the table with him “Those that live and run away, get to kill another day.”

He picked up the two items, feeling the solid weight of them and nodded to himself. They weren’t blades, but in a pinch they should do nicely. He stood and calmly made his opinion of rubber bullets known to those that cared to know.

One he would called Lefty, and the other Righty. Or Fluffy. It was a coin toss really.

+++

A few loud minutes later Averroes trotted down the last few steps into one of the plaza’s lower arboretum. Cacti and other desert loving plants were held in varies vases and troughs, all surrounding a glass encased fountain that would ensure not a drop of water evaporated into the blazing heat. Or, more likely, some thirsty native might try to steal some of that water to quench his own thirst.

The sounds of distant gun fire above remained, getting ever so slightly closer as the day grew on. It would seem those that had decided rubber bullets was the flavour of the day had also now decided caution was called for, and not a head long rush. And the reason for that change of tactics rested on either of the grinning maniac’s shoulders.

Smoke still oozed from the barrels of the two scatter guns he held in either hand, the foreshortened weapons good for two handed or single handed use if you knew how. He sauntered in, looking at the retreating crew of the Monarch allowed his grin to grow just a little wider.

“Well I must say I didn’t think this trip would result in quite this much mayhem, a little bloodshed, some gun play for sure but I do believe we might have the planetary militia on to us in a bit.” He stamped a foot triumphantly “Best market I’ve been to in decades! Oh God I miss the war, now that was a time when a man could have some fun! Let his hair down and just be mean!”

He frowned.

“Speaking of a man having fun, where is our knight in shining armour, the fool who sparked off this little riot in a ration can? I want to give him a hug for showing a fellow a good time.”

TAG-All, I assume we're skipping to the collect together/run to the ship section of 'Plan Fell Apart' play book?

Averroes
Made of Mean!

Jake Sjet

Postby Tavey » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Kynthia retreated to a safe location, and watched with eyes that widened with each move that Averroes made. The man was incredible. The way he moved reminded her of.. something.. something she wasn't sure of. She rubbed her scar absently. When the noise subsided, she nodded slowly at him in respect, the slight nod of an equal to another.

"Ship. Now." She pointed in the direction of the Monarch. "We need to regroup after that."

Without looking behind her, she headed back along the hewn tunnel towards the underground shipyard. Throngs of shoppers, and residents filled the tunnel, all fleeing the chaos of the market. Smoke tainted the air, and the sound of the soldiers still subduing those left behind. She caught sight of the strange woman ahead of her, with her six male slaves, still linked together by their chains, trotting behind her.

Kynthia paused and watched for a few moments. There was something about the way the woman moved that irked her. Something.. not quite right in the gait.

TAG- All.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:08 am

Lu had been hit to the ground more times than she would like to admit and was going to end up with a black eye and swollen lip. Noticing Kynthia pointing to the ship, she pulled herself up off the floor and followed, wiping the blood off her face.

Catching Kynthia's look at the woman in front of them as they caught sight of her, her face gave the same look. It was very...strange...that the woman had just walked out, and had all her slaves still changed up. None of it made any sense, and something wasn't sitting right with Lu.

Stepping up into the ship, she leaned against the doorway and looked out over the area they had just walked. It didn't look like anywhere that she wanted to be again. Looking over at Kynthia, she sighed.

"Why is it we always end up in the middle of fights and get beaten up? Wait...why do I even ask that anymore?"

Tags-All!
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:10 pm

Addy felt the more pressure on the knife before disappearing. The woman he had once known had turned and walked away. "Nice sseeeing you a-a-again, Rose." Something was wrong. "Till w-we mm-mm-meet a-a-again." He half waved at the woman's back.

He felt the blood running down onto his chest before his hand even got to his neck. It was deep, but maybe not too deep. He turned. Security was clearing things up again. He reached his cloak and threw it back on. He had to get back to the ship.

The corridors started to blur. His stagger was evident to the people passing by. He tripped and sprawled on the floor for a moment. "Have to get to the ship." He thought. He staggered to his feet and the glance down at the small pool of blood. "This was it, I'm gonna die, on a hot crappy planet, by someone that was once a friend."

He no could no longer lift his head to see more than 10 feet in front of him. His head felt empty but heavy at the same time. The cloak was turning a red. A stream of blood dripped off Addy's elbow as blood ran over his left hand clenched firmly on his throat and down his arm. "Almost there."

He could "see" the ship now as he half ran, half staggered toward it. He didn't see anyone any more. It was just a blur and the ship. The goal, the only goal, get to the ramp. To the ramp.

He did make the ramp and about three feet into the cargo bay before tripping and this time he just gave up and waited to the end to engulf him.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Jake Sjet » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:19 pm

“You’re getting in my way.” .

Averroes’s booted foot poked lightly at the bleeding form of Addy tentatively, just to make that had he gone full dead, it was where he was meant to be. There was nothing ruder in the oddly dressed man’s mind than a body not knowing when to call it quits. And judging by the amount of blood still oozing from the soon to be corpse, there was life still in the fool boys heart. A pity.

He gave the body another pat with his boot, and tossed away Lefty the scatter gun into a corner of the hold. Lefty had run out of shells a few bodies back, and had served well as a club on the dash back to the Monarch. Fluffy, who was still smoking hot in his right hand, still had shells and so remained his ever boon companion. With one free arm now minus a gun, he leaned down and scooped Addy into a blood stained firemen lift.

“I have to do all the heavy lifting around here. Story of my life.” He muttered, turning slowly to face the burning heat of the city post facility. Militiamen in body armour scampered from cover to cover, looking about ready to open up with weapons that could put a dent in the Monarchs plans for escape. He raised Fluffy the shotgun and fired off the last three cartridges of tightly packed buck shot, the myth of wish weapons taking down everything you looked at in one blast replaced by a more reasonable cone of fire.

And at the range the soldiers were at, all Averroes did was pepper a shoulder with leaded hailstones. Hardly a lethal hit, but it wasn’t like he could hop off and chop a few of them up: he’d thrown the sword away early. He was really out of practice at this murdering business, it was shameful.

With a sigh he walked over to the door controls and punched a few of the bigger looking buttons, which began to make hydraulic hissing noises as door rose and cargo hatches slid shut.

“Cargo bay, to the cockpit,” he crooned into the microphone he now had “We’re all locked up and ready to fly. if anyone up there can get us air borne before anti-aircraft batteries can power up that would be a joy. I’m going to be in med bay helping Addy explore the wide range of pharmaceutical supplies we have on hand. If anyone of you would like to come and find a nice mellow high, you know where I am.”

With that he turned, and trudged the bleeding Addy with him over his shoulder.

“Come on my brave knight, t’is time to get your reward from our good friend Mary Jane.”

TAG-All, sorry if I rushed anyone onto the ship but I assume we want to move the plot forward?

Averroes
High As a Kitten On A Rocket

Jake Sjet

Postby teagan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:57 pm

I’m going to be in med bay helping Addy explore the wide range of pharmaceutical supplies we have on hand. If anyone of you would like to come and find a nice mellow high, you know where I am.” Averroes's voice echoed through the ship. Teagan stopped what she was doing and frowned. That didn't sound exactly right, and she supposed that she ought to go and see what was happening. She began to get some gear together that she might need. A sound in the hallway outside disturbed her.

She turned around just in time to see him trudge through the door with a bleeding body over his shoulder.

"What happened? Did you.. I mean.. no I was right. What happened?" She asked. "No, wait. Don't bother to tell me, put him down over there." she pointed at the bed.

As soon as she saw the injury, all hesitation vanished from her face and body. The usually scattered medic suddenly disappeared, replaced by a cool, collected woman who could easily be imagined on some battlefield on a lost world.

Teagan cut away clothing from the cut, and hissed as she saw the exact nature of the injury. "He's luckier than he knows. Half an inch and this would have caught the artery."

That was the last that she said for some time, as she cleaned, checked and stitched the injury closed. The stitches were tiny, almost invisible. Yet still there was a chance that Addy would have a scar to remember this by.

TAG
Teagan O'Rourke The Monarch.

Lt. JG Teagan Ceja. Assistant Intelligence Officer. The Ark Royal. ( retired )
teagan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby Tavey » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:16 am

"What the hell?" Kynthia's face radiated the shock she was feeling when she heard Averroes announce that Addy had been injured. Son of a toenail eating monkey she swore under her breath, the Cantonese rippling from her mouth smoothly. She glanced over her shoulder at Lu, and motioned towards the cockpit.

"Get us airborne, we'll have to go to the convent."
TAG - Lu.

As Kynthia headed to the infirmary, she thought about the convent and, more importantly, the person who lived there that she had hoped never to see again. Never was maybe too strong of a word, but it was true. The man who now ran the once evil place was her old partner, her best friend many years before, and the one person who knew her real name in the entire 'Verse. He was Judgement to her Execution. And the two of them had been the most feared assassin team that the church had been able to throw into the War.

She'd promised him peace, when he left The Monarch. Had promised him that she wouldn't keep coming to him. And now she had to break that promise again.

Kynthia walked into the infirmary, less than happy.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:45 pm

He was on a ship of muses.

Fickle feminine captain.
Ferocious female pilot.
Ferrety fretful medic.

Okay so the alliteration on the last one bent the measuring stick of good taste, but seeing as he and Addy were the only ones keeping the Y chromosome represented he felt the need to rub it in. He had walked in to find Tegan already readying her salves and bandages, babbling as seemed to be her way. Of course considering the medical history she probably had witnessed, being one of those Twisted Sisters, this probably didn’t compare. Oh that brought back happy memories of the war, back when a man of certain means could really do what he wanted to do.

The good old bad days when the band was still touring, bringing social unrest or very sudden ends to any and all that the High Command directed them to. Oh for no government oversight and a black budget that not even light could escape from. Oh and the toys! Hot dust, particle cannons, and the scent of charred vacuum. Might as well have been candies and flowers for one soul that floated to his mind.

And so it was a happy, contemplative smile that greeted the captain as she walked in, a frown fit to startle a gargoyle set upon her brow. He let out a cluck of disapproval, his grin remained as he nodded to the bleeding Addy and the bleeding heart of Tegan.

“I did warn him not to go charging off, swore to wash my hands of the whole thing in point of fact.” He purred “But he, being a man whose blood was alight with a need for violence, charged on without heed! Good man that, knew many a soul like that in the war: excellent cannon fodder, first rate human shields. Of course had he known the true nature of the target he was attacking, he might not have gone in so ham-fisted?”

He waited for someone to comment on his comment, and then filled in the silence with exposition.

“Oh come now! The spider in the centre of her web of fetish club rejects? Did we all not see the way she walked? The slightest of swaggers to ‘her’ step? As though her body was with the inbreed knowledge that was something more between her legs than…good intentions?” he chuckled “This is a sick bay, there’s bound to be a diagram around here somewhere. Had Addy seen it, and known his fair maiden target was more manly than not, he might not have been caught cold with a shank in the chest.”

He looked at Tegan, her hands already dripping with the red stuff.

“Of course that assumed he’ll live to learn.”

TAG-Ky and Tegan

Averroes
No Witty Comment Today

Jake Sjet

Postby Kris » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:26 am

Lu was already half way up the stairs, still wiping away any blood that had appeared during the fight, when Kynthia had told her to get them airborne.

"Already on it!"

She then stopped short and looked towards Kynthia walking off to the infirmary. Had she said convent? Shaking her head, she got herself up to the bridge and did her normal switch-flipping and got them out of the area and back into the black.

Lu realized she didn't dare leave her seat, mostly to watch out for things, but also she didn't want to get on Kynthia's bad side right now if she were to do so. Instead, she used the small med kit she had hidden to patch herself up the best that she could.

Her mind thought back to Averroes, and how most likely he was going to end up making Kynthia even more upset than she already was. He tended to be good at that, talking when he really didn't need to about things he didn't need to talk about.

Sitting back, she watched as the stars went by and sighed. This was one thing she wasn't too fond of; sitting on the bridge alone while the others were at other places in the ship doing who knows what.

Tags: Anyone coming up to visit her?
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Next

Return to Firefly: Monarch