Alchemy.

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: Alchemy.

Postby Kris » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Lu sat back in her chair and continued to stare at the blinking lights on the console. Leviathan was still a ways away, and it still gave her a chance to think about what was in the back of her mind.

Her son, she had no idea where he was, how big he had gotten, how much he was doing now. There were so many questions that she had about him and so many unanswered questions.

Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out the only image she had with her of him. Ryan Christopher, during the last birthday she'd been able to attend, which was his first. She'd been back on board the Monarch for more than a year now, and it scared her to know what might be happening to her son.

No longer paying attention to the consoles and lights, she was focused on the picture. A few tears started to streak down her cheeks. She'd always played the tough card; not letting people see how much she was actually hurting inside without her son.

But this time, she was alone, on the bridge, with a single picture of him, letting the tears flow. She wasn't as tough inside as she let others see outside.

Lu's ear finally caught bits of what Kynthia and Averroes were talking about, then she heard "So, do I show you mine, or do you show me yours?" What was she talking about? Wiping the tears away, she spun her seat around a bit to see if she could figure out what was going on.

Tags: any and all
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Jake Sjet » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:46 pm

He let out a low chuckle, something that resided in his chest where his heart used to be. He got up slowly, walking around the table with his hands down by his side, and sat on the edge of the table next to Ky. He did this all in the slow, careful manner one might approach a dangerous animal: slowly and cautiously in case the monster did not take kindly to you.

“I get it.” He whispered to her, leaning forward slightly so his words were not easily shared with Tegan, and invisible to anyone else. He let a slight smile play on his lips as he looked at her “I do, I really, really do. You see your right, war has a habit of changing people. Some saints are turned sinners, and some turn the other way. That's the nature of war.”

The smile grew a little colder.

“Then there’s people like us, the people nature made to do that which is necessary. We’re Wolves, you and I Ky: big bad wolves in a universe run by sheep.” He said in that same silken whisper “But I get it, with you: this pretence of civility, the calmness of it all. I get that. And I’m not here to change it. This is your pack of denizen dear captain, your crew. I’m just another wolf looking for a pack to tag along with, to join up and be the...constructive member of your merry band. I’m not looking to rearrange the pecking order, though I’d wager I’d have to start from scratch with a crew like this. Very loyal, hard to break apart, turn on one another: not worth my time. Better to find a space suit and vent the air in the middle of the night, but I get so lonely out here in the black. Misery loves companion you know.”

He leant back slightly, his voice picking up in volume so his words registered normally.

“But no need to talk further: I gave you my word. After this little side trip to Leviathan, I will arrange a meeting with Fox so that introductions can be made, and deals brokered. I assume by performing this action I will have cemented my own reputation as a...” he eyed the ceiling fan for a moment before deciding on a suitable title “...’provider of rare executables and opportunities’ will have been achieved? So that we might start a very profitable relationship as client and crew, as boon companions? Before you know it we’ll be painting each other’s hair and discussing old liaisons.”

His eyes flicked up, alighting on Lu’s face. She was watching from the cockpit, her ears straining for words. His smile remained fixed, and his hand wiggled his fingers slowly in greeting before he let out a loud yawn.

“But it’s been a very long day,” he said, making a show of his tiredness “I had a early morning of shuffle board, crib, and water boarding by the fine interrogators of the Alliance. And wouldn’t you know it, I’m dog tired. So I think I’ll retire to my bunk, whilst you hash over my words with the kiddies huum?”

With that he hopped off the table, giving Lu a wink as he turned, and headed for the passageway to the passenger dorm. A route that would have him pass by the strumming lament of the Baron.

“I’ll have a wakeup call for 5AM,” he said over his shoulder as he vanished “Or when the mayhem and death starts on the world night forgot, which ever comes first.”

TAG-Cap'n, Tegan, Lu and Baron

Averroes
Dexters No1 Fanboy
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby teagan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Teagan flinched away from the jab aimed at her. Outwardly, she crossed her arms and stared at the table, a frown on her face and her eyes far away in some lost memory.

Inwardly, she was anything but. Her mind raced with strategy and plans. Her training by the order took over, and she examined many of the angles that could be exploited. She hadn't been trained to be Judgement and Execution's third and medic for nothing.

Addy left the room, and Teagan added him to the equation in her mind. She decided that she needed to make closer friends with the man, perhaps draw him out more. If nothing else, it would make things less lonely on the long journey through the black.

Her eyes followed Averroes as he left. "Best to be settin' an alarm then." She called after him. "Don't want to sleep in."

TAG - Averroes

Once he was out of sight, and his footsteps seemed far enough away, she unfolded herself and sat up straight.

"Well, that's a bit of a mess. An' the order didn't let on they weren't Alliance to him. Interesting twist in the tale Kynthia. Is he a danger? And what do you mean.. we're seeing Chuy lo? We're going to be going where Judgement is stationed, and you didn't think it was important to tell me?"

TAG - Kynthia.

"Not good enough!" Teagan stormed out of the galley and back down into her sanctuary, where she spent the next while sorting bandages, slowly. Very, very slowly.
Teagan O'Rourke The Monarch.

Lt. JG Teagan Ceja. Assistant Intelligence Officer. The Ark Royal. ( retired )
teagan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby Kris » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:01 am

Catching the wink from Averroes, Lu got up from her seat on the bridge and walked towards the galley, only to see him walking off towards the passenger bunks. All she could do was glare in that general direction while listening to Teagan.

“Don't worry, Teagan, he doesn't quite get what this ship is about. Or the fact that,” the next bit was yelled in hopes that Averroes would hear it, “it isn't his place anyways!”

Hearing what Teagan was saying about seeing Chuy lo, Lu sighed and sat down at the table again, looking over at Kynthia, “Knew that'd come from someone.” She said quietly. After a minute, realizing how upset whatever it was Averroes said made everyone, she got herself back up from the table and headed after him.

“Oi!” She yelled after Averroes, “I don't know what you said to them in there, but obviously something that bothered them.” She stopped at the edge of the passenger dorms, “It ain't your place to be talkin' to them in a way that does that. Now I'm wanting to know who the hell we got on our ship, but we got stuff goin' on that you don't need to be bothering yourself with. Unless you're wanting to talk...”

Tags: All
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 pm

He laughed, openly and plain. Though it was hard to say if the laughter was aimed at her question or its naivety. Was Lu expecting Averroes to cackle manically, twirl his nonexistent moustache, and proclaim it was indeed he who had stolen the Church fund and tied Old Miss’s Hickory to the railroad tracks? Or, perhaps, deep down inside of herself she expected an honest answer from a honest question.

Time for a lesson in the harsher truths of reality.

“First of all,” he purred as he turned from the door to his room, looking at her “My name, dear Lu, is Averroes. A name I chose myself, much unlike the one presented to your mistress and commander above us. I was not labelled as one might a spare part, I was...grown into a role best suited for my skills.”

He took a step towards her, a carefully placed single step the same way a cat might when on the hunt. Hands were out to his side, and whilst in rags he looked as dangerous as any drunk rich boy of the Core World, there was...something. A fluid elegance, a sense of barely restrained motion as though she were seeing him move at half speed.

A tiger showing off its strips to a tourist lost in the woods.

“And I talked to them in simple truths, words I knew would resonant and work well to win their trust to me.” He sai, his smile turning slightly feral “Now they know that I know something of what they think they are. And they know that in some ways we are distant evolutionary cousins, of a sort: her sort the long knives for the short game, where as I...well, modesty forbids. I find autobiographical monologues so dull and con-straining. Lets one deeds and actions define the man, no?”

He’d closed half the distance between himself and Lu, before coming to a stop.

“And again with the questioning of my right to meddle.” He said, letting out a loud tut with the back of his tongue “I think I have every right. I need this ship, and this crew, to allow for certain future events to transpire towards a happy conclusion for myself. Along the way I intend to make myself of use to this humble company of amateur players, and perhaps impart some measure of wealth to your underdog status. I can only do that if I have as many of the facts at my disposal as possible. Such as where we’re going: Leviathan. A world so cursed by the Gods of old its burns in mortal hellfire, along with all those that ride upon it. All those souls condemned by others to reside in Hell’s mortal outhouse”

He let out a sigh and smiled.

“I see our little trip there together as a bonding experience, a little vacation: sun, sand, possible threat of gun play and bodily violence.” He shivered slightly “I’m terribly excited.”

TAG-Lu, anyone else being a nosey parker.

Averroes

Jake Sjet

Postby popcornman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Addy was lost in his music, but the sliver tongued man's voice somehow registered and his ears became aware of the sound of someone moving to the passenger rooms. He finished and sighed. The smile left his face as the world came back to him. His friends were around and none probably cared that he had murdered his brother. but only the passenger knew, or at least have a good idea. The secret still weighed heavily on him. He heard voices in the common area and decided it was time to see the real scoop with the snake in the grass. He quietly replaced the instrument in his bunk and walked into the the galley just as Teagan stormed off.

He had heard enough that Teagan had said to be confused and really didn't want to know. He just looked at the captain. "That guy knows all of our secrets and will use them against us if given half a change. I really do not care for him."

tag Ky
SLA Personnel Chair

Commander Rory Shannon - XO USS Pegasus, Into the Breach - Retired
popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Kris » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:42 pm

"I'm well aware what your name is, don't need remindin'." Lu said as she glared and pushed her hair back from her face.

Listening to what Averroes was saying, she was sighed; she was getting annoyed with their guest.

"Bonding experience," she asked as she walked right up to him, "Just don't mess with my family. This ship is my family, pulled me from the fire more than once. Gotta remember, we've all got guns, except you it seems. And you ain't having one unless Kynthia says you can."

Lu eyed the man one last time before stepping away, but then turned her head as she was on the stairs to look back at him, "I'd sleep with one eye opened, if you know so much about us, you'll know we don't take any of the crap people throw at us."

Smirking slightly, she went back up to the galley and sat down in her normal seat at the table. "I don't trust him," she said to no one as she sighed. She only hoped that Averroes didn't know about her actual family, as if someone that didn't like her found out and used it against her, she wasn't sure what she'd do.

Tags: all
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:49 pm

“Well then...” Averroes said slowly as he watched Lu storm off after her little ‘your not the boss of me!’ speech “...that put me in my place.”

On the intimidation scale he’d have to say that using Ky as a threat of bodily harm was a good one. She was a known quantity, as was Tegan: serious bad asses even in their retirement cottage of a spaceship. Then she’d ruined it all by doing the whole ‘Only if mommy let’s you play with the toys’ line: meaning that Ky probably didn’t trust any of them further than could be thrown. Useful tid-bit that.

But that loyalty came from somewhere, and it wasn’t loyalty instilled by fear. He’d seen plenty of bands of spacers held together by the fear of becoming the next target, the next soul to be lynched by the mob turned crew. Surprisingly large number of pirate crews longed to attack other vessels not for their cargoes, but for the new targets of their own self destructive urges. That usually left the surviving crews of those poor ships the choice of becoming the victims, or becoming the monsters. Who needed Reaver's when good old fashion human 'decency' could do the same without wasting an entire world?

So that either left a moral debt, or honour.

The Gunslinger he could see being bound to Ky’s crew by honour, some pull placed upon his moral compass.
Lu, lady pilot and all round cheerleader, that was a moral debt: she owed the captain either the roof over her head, or forgiveness for some pass sin. Something to do with the sun baked rock they were headed for.

As he walked back into his quarters, making sure to leave the door open to save any would be assassin the trouble of picking the lock, he allowed a new smile to form on his face. He might have been kicked out of the game, cut off from the resources of an entire system wide planetary alliance intelligence agency to call upon, but the Office of Naval Intelligence didn’t train its operatives to give up when the toys went away. He lay down on the bed, draping the long coat over him as a makeshift blanket, and smiled serenely as he allowed his eyes to close.

After all he needed his beauty sleep, big day tomorrow, and not just because of Leviathan, oh no. Averroes had decided to make Addycus “Addy” Baron his new project, something to while away his time in exile. After all, to divide the crew he needed someone on his side, someone with nothing to lose, and everything to gain, if only his trust could be won.

Or bought.

TAG-Folks. Shall we go to Leviathan?

Averroes
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Jake Sjet

Postby Tavey » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 pm

((Why yes, let's))

Over the next two weeks, The Monarch travelled the less known routes towards the sun baked giant Leviathan. The tension onboard did not decrease, though it was fair to say that it didn't increase more than was strictly necessary. One or two spats. At least one snarl from Kynthia about needing peace while she ate. That sort of thing.

And then they arrived. They swung around the nearby world of Silence, with Kynthia staring out of the windows as it passed. Her temper flared brightly as she did. Silence hurt like a physical wound ripped open again and again. She was grateful when the small world faded into the distance behind them, though had any watched, they would have seen a raised hand and a whispered "Maverick" as it did so.

The giant hung in space before them. Leviathan was cooked by the sun for most of the day, with temperatures so high that anyone left outside would bake in their own juices. Once upon a time, an unscrupulous abbess had used that as a punishment for the novices and nuns in her not so tender care. Kynthia remembered only too well how her friends had battled the evil that had spawned there. And also how she'd lost one half of her whole there, at more or less the same time that she'd discovered her birth name. Another hand raised to the window and another whispered name, until the deep valley that housed the convent had passed by.

TAG - all

A subtle beep signalled that they were coming close to the co-ordinates that Belladonna had given them. The underground city of Vista, an ironic name all things considered, was their destination. Somewhere in the warren beneath the surface, was a man that the Order of St Michaels wanted dead. Very, very badly. Badly enough to bring their best assassin out of retirement.

Kynthia kicked everyone out of the area of the engine room. She climbed up onto the side of the firefly engine housing, grabbed one of the rails that was fastened to the walls and swung over to another mounted rail. She braced herself on a shelf she'd installed back when she looked after the engine and another rail, hooked one hand so that she didn't fall, and dug behind the engine mount with her other hand. She tapped around until she found what she was looking for.

Grasping the item, she allowed herself to hang by one hand until she was able to drop to the floor in safety. Then she left the room, walked to the galley along the hallway, cleaning it with a rag as she went. By the time she arrived, her custom made black long distance rifle was gleaming.

"Well, we're here. Ain't this fun?" she said as she walked into the room.

TAG -all

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9158 ... dacrm0.jpg
http://www.opalguy925.com/Media/McDevitt.gif

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:58 pm

Lu seemed to have had the same idea as Kynthia when it came to getting her gun ready. Though, she was sitting at the table shining her own up. Although, once she saw what Kynthia had, she realized it was a gun she'd not seen carried before. Perhaps that is why she'd come out of the engine room instead of her own room.

“Fun? You call this planet fun?” She asked sarcastically. “When ya thinkin' we should get started on this? To damn hot out there right now I'd think.” She was purposefully avoiding saying what it was they were actually there for since some of the crew didn't know, nor did they have the right. This was something that was more for Kynthia, and at times she wished she didn't know the details of what they were going to do.

“None of the rest of you are to be leaving by the way, staying here is the best thing.”

Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Addy stood in the doorway with his carbine and katana on his back with his brown cloak in it's place concelling both except for the stock and hilt respectively. He quietly listened to the captain and the pilot. "We may not have a passenger when you get back?" He was not happy about this development he was hoping to stay as far away from Averroes as possible. He had also been iching to try out his two new toys since winning them in that poker game on a unremarkable moon about month ago.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:16 pm

“Oh my dear Addycus!” Averroes chuckled as he walked up behind Addy, side stepping around the man and his cloak to enter the galley “You can’t get rid of me that easily.”

A sword and a close combat rifle, not exactly ringing with subtly but it would do in a pinch, Averroes mused to himself. And Lu to was fore armed and ready to face what might come. And judging by the size of Captain Ky’s rifle, a master piece of the gun smith arts, they looked ready to assassinate a parliamentary official and the horse he rode in on.

And having done that once before, Averroes knew a thing or two about the finer points of helping folks meet their maker. Always for the greater good, of course.

“As for this sun roasted rock being a fun world, well I can hardly think of anywhere else to be this time of year. New Aspen is full of yuppies, and Londinum is a tourist trap all year long. Yawn.” He said mildly, walking to the cutlery draw and holding up a bread knife to the light the way a noble might appreciate a particular wines colouration “So...seeing as I will be joining you, keeping an eye on my respective money making partners and their precious little necks...”

He turned his head slightly to look at Ky, a manic grin on his face..

“What’s the plan, oh cap-it-tan?”

TAG-All

Averroes
Guess whose coming to dinner...

Jake Sjet

Postby popcornman » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:03 pm

Addy just nodded to Lu that if Averroes was going he was fine with staying. If he was lucky, the man might just turn the wrong corner and never come back to the ship and harass his family. There had been more than a few moments in the last two weeks tha made Addy very, very, suspicious of why the man was released from whatever hole he came from, what got him in that hole and how he found himself on their ship.

tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Kris » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:55 am

Lu's eyes shot up towards Averroes with a stern glare, “You are a passenger, no one said you are coming along on this. You've gotten on my last nerve these two weeks, don't push it any further.”

It was true that the last two weeks hadn't been the best thing, between doing multiple course changes and making sure they weren't spotted, Lu was a bit up tight. Looking back at the gun she was shining up, she was trying to ignore Averroes as best she could, though it was nearly impossible.

Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:25 pm

“I’m the money, honey.” Averroes said sweetly as he sauntered from the kitchenette to the table, and slipped into a chair across from Lu “And that makes your continued existence, and it truly pains me to say this, my responsibility.”

He reached across the table and plucked a salt shaker from where it sat in the middle, and held it up.

“This little fellow, let’s call him ‘you’ shall we?” he put it down and tapped it “This is you, and by extension the rest of you merry band of rogues. A happy little crew of grafters and scoundrels, sinners and saints. Ideal bottom feeders just waiting for a shot at the big leagues, the big money.”

He picked up the pepper shaker and held it up next to himself.

“The big money is me.” He grinned, and sprinkled a little of the pepper over the salt shaker “The fellow who will rain glorious opportunities down upon on you in exchange for a roof over my head, and perhaps a little scheming here and there. I require a place to call my own that is mobile, secure, and guarded by a sign that reads ‘beware the dog’.”

He nodded at Addy. He then placed the salt and pepper down beside one another.

“And that only works if we stand side by side: your ship provides me sanctuary, and I provide you with new found avenues of money making possibilities. I plot, and you and yours gain in riches.” He then sliced a hand down between the two shakers, and flicked his hand sharply. The Salt shaker took off, skidding across the table’s surface before falling off the edge and bouncing onto a chair.

“See?” Averroes cooed softly, looking at the lone pepper shaker “By myself I lack the resources to do what I do best. Together we stand to gain a lot more than either could dream of. And to make sure that future happens, I must witness it.”

He smiled and leaned back.

“After all, the universe is determined by observance: and I have very big eyes.”

TAG-All. Tavey if you want just cut old blunderbust here off at the knees to get the story rolling. Let the scheming begin.

Averroes.

Jake Sjet

Postby Kris » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Lu gave up on talking to Averroes, because if she did continue to talk, the gun she was shining would more than likely be pointed at his head. Her eyes instead shot over to Kynthia, hoping that she had some input on what they’re overall plan was as well as whether or not Averroes was going with them. Although he had a point (and was very good at wasting salt and pepper), that didn’t make her like the idea more than she did earlier.

“Kynth, can we just get this show on the road, please? I want to get away from this hotbox as quickly as we can.”

Tags, same as Averroes!
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:10 pm

This is a JP between Kynthia and Teagan

Kynthia waited for a moment, let the others blow off some steam. And then smiled coldly. She pointed at the cargo hold door and ramp.

"Other side of that is hell. Inside here is cool. Inside the city is cool. Between us and city is heat. We shouldn't be out in the actual sun, but we're going to be in one of the higher tunnels and well able to feel it."

She walked to the control panel, and turned to face them, crossing her arms over her chest. She'd put on an outfit that she hadn't worn in a while. Similar in style to the ancient chinese worker clothing, she looked able to move easily, and that the cotton fibre wouldn't create extra heat. It was a sharp contrast to the usual canvas trousers and man's shirt that she normally wore. Her guns had been polished recently and it showed in the gleam against the leather of the holster. She had her rifle strung across her back in a long leather tube. She looked.. ready.

A moment later, Teagan walked into the cargo hold. Kynthia looked across at her, tilting her head to one side. "Surprise?" she said. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm coming with you." Teagan stated flatly. "I am useful off the ship too you know."

"Alright. I never argued as such." Kynthia shrugged, "you sure you can hold your own?"

"Against that lot? Heat addled brains and isolated opinions? You're going to need me. And I'm bringing a medkit." Teagan walked up to the others and stood with them. "I'm not going to take no for an answer Ky. So get over it."

Kynthia rolled her eyes slightly. "Look, this could get nasty. Right now, we're here to find someone. Then I get to talk to that someone. after that.. who knows. Belladonna was pretty specific about what she wanted. The man's name was Boyd Pearson once. He's on the run, has been for a long time. Wanted for crimes during the war, an' was convicted on both sides of the fence on them. He's been here a while, apparently. Truth is, he made Mavericks brother look like an angel, an' we know as how Maverick felt about Saul, don't we."

She paused. "Last time he was seen, he had about four slaves in tow, beaten up younglings dressed exactly alike. He always had a thing about harems. He's around 200 lbs, tall and wiry. Don't think he's weak though. Because he isn't. Dirty blonde hair. The girls are going to be how to find him. Any questions?"

She paused, turned and slapped the control panel. With a hiss of hydraulics, the ramp began to lower. And the temperatures began to climb. Kynthia took a deep breath.

"Last chance to back down Teagan." Her voice was gentle.

"I'm going." Teagan made sure of it, by walking up to the ramp and waiting, first in line.

TAG - all.

((Let's get off the ship, then we'll open the next part: The Heat Inside. ))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Lu tossed her jacket over her shoulder the moment the doors opened and she got to the cargo hold.

"Hate the heat," she mumbled, making sure she had all her guns and anything else she would need nice and hidden.

She'd only caught the end of the conversation between Kynthia and Teagan, and raised an eyebrow as she watched Teagan head off first down the ramp.

"Didn't think I'd ever see that happen," she said to Kynthia as she followed down the ramp into the heat. She was glad the area they were going to was cooler than this part, but they still had to deal with this first.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:56 pm

Addy knew what the Captain meant with the simple finger point. He glanced at Averroes before walking after the captain and the pilot. Addy's left hand wondered to his hip just to be sure before the heat slapped him in the face. Teagan surprised him by leaving her haven and was walking down the ramp first. Addy did not hear what was said but he was surprised. He glanced back to Averroes one last time before walking after the rest of the crew.

tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:10 pm

“And if you’re going, I’m going too.”

Averroes stood in the last place at the ramp, just next to Addy. The heat might be sweltering, seeping into the ship as the ramp lowered, but Averroes didn’t seem of a mind to worry about it. His hair had been pulled back into a functioning pony tail, even if the stubble of beard over his face gave him a look not unlike that of a stylishly dressed hobo. His clothes, the only set he owned, were still the tattered rags of Inner Core finer, lending him the air of a stylish dressed hobo with no taste.

The large meat cleaver, liberated from the knife block in the Monarch’s kitchen and which was now clutched in his hand, glittering in the spill of sunlight blazing in through the ramp. He now looked like a stylishly quaffed, ill dressed, and deranged hobo.

It was all the rage ya know.

“What?” he asked with a frown at the looks he received, holding up the blade “You said we were going to meet some old acquaintances of your dear captain. I just assumed that was code for mayhem and murder? Am I wrong?”

TAG-All

Averroes
Probably Not That Wrong

Jake Sjet

Postby popcornman » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:11 pm

Addy glanced back at the man he tried so hard to ignore and/or dislike and almost smiled. The man looked completely ridiculous. He didn't know why he did it and if someone asked his response, if he responded, would have been something related to not wanting blood in his food, Addy stopped just off the end of the ramp and turned back to Averroes.

He carefully pulled his boot knife with sheath out of his left boot. He held it out in his left hand as well as his right hand for the clever. "I want it back," Addy said softly. "Clean and sharp."

Tags Averroes
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:12 pm

"No, you're not wrong. There should be mayhem." Kynthia smiled and walked after Teagan. "At least, I hope there's mayhem. I'm a bit itchy, which might be sand in the wrong spots all things considered. Ain't goin' to lie though. 'Tis nice to be here."

The heat was intense for a moment, then the effect of the cooling fans in the tunnels reached them. Kynthia walked over to the officials and registered The Monarch for the berth. She sighed as she watched a substantial sum vanish into those deep pockets.

The underground city was laid out according to a very structured society norm. Those with less money lived closer to the surface, while the serious money lived further away from the scorching sun. The tunnels were lit by an ingenious system of panels getting their power from the sun. It made sense that solar power would be the prime source of energy. Kynthia wondered if the residents had to pay for it, and then shook her head wryly. Of course they did. People in power always made sure that something that could be free cost most of a paycheque.

The crew walked along a bland looking tunnel until they reached an archway. Stepping out onto a large metal balcony like structure, the crew could look out over a huge cavern below them. The place was packed with people, walking between dozens of tents and booths. Lights were strung haphazardly between them, with cables snaking in tangles up to a large bundle that vanished into the darkness of the cavern roof. The scents of cooking wafted up to the group, and the sounds of music, speech and the cries of the hawkers for the booths echoed above.

It was, to be truthful, a welcoming sight.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Previous

Return to Firefly: Monarch