Alchemy.

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: Alchemy.

Postby Kris » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:33 am

Tapping her foot slightly, Lu glanced back up at Kynthia.

"I'll let you figure out what you're wanting to do with this guy, I'm gonna go make sure the ship's ready to head out."

Giving Averroes one more look over, she headed towards the stairs and back up to the bridge. They'd been parked for way to long and she wasn't liking it at all. Flipping the normal switches, she started things up. She didn't like what it was that they were having to do, especially since only she and Kynthia knew about it. That was the way of life out here though, sometimes things had to be kept quiet.
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Ky pointed at the entrance to the passenger quarters. "I think there are a couple cabins empty down that way. Have fun. Get unpacked. Then we'll talk properly. I want to get away from this ship with my dignity intact. Or what's left of it."

She didn't say another word as she walked from the cargo hold. She wanted to get out into the black, and be free of her past once and for all. If such a thing were possible. She hoped so, at any rate.

TAG - all

((Finals are over, so I can breathe and play.. and write.. the big semester is finished!))

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:44 pm

"Much appreciated Madame Captain! But...er...So that's a no to the aid required to remove these cuffs?" Averroes called after her, raising his hands again to shake the surprisingly robust composite materials. Some how the crinkle of ceramic laced plastics wasn't the same as the clinking of metal cuffs. Alas, the old school was long over and done with.

He grumbled something under his breath, and looked up again to the sour faced man standing on the stairs and quite clearly had his dander up.

"Don't suppose you believe in the tale of the Good Samaritan?" he asked hopefully.

TAG-Baron

Averroes
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby popcornman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:56 am

Addy looked hard at the man for a long moment. He relented, finally, "There is a tool box behind you.... have fun." Addy wondered if he should have helped more as he walked back up toward the galley. He was in the mood for more coffee and he wanted to not delay the ship any further because of his action, or inaction. He was not sure about the new guy. His arrival was fishy at best. He paused his thoughts to make some more perfect coffee. He sat down after pouring more into his mug. He drifted back into his thoughts. The captain was preoccupied and he was still concerned about why he was able to leave the alliance ship after assaulting that officer. There was something bigger going on and he may not want to know what it was but he would do what he could to protect his little family no matter what the cost.

tags averroes, anyone
SLA Personnel Chair

Commander Rory Shannon - XO USS Pegasus, Into the Breach - Retired
popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Kris » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:14 am

Lu double-checked all the systems and then caught a glance from Kynthia, who apparently was done talking to their unexpected visitor and wanted her to head out. She’d already got the clearance to leave before getting Kynthia’s okay. She was glad that she was able to flip the familiar switches and get them out of there.

Once they were headed out into the black once more, Lucille headed back towards the kitchen after she set the course. It was a stressful day and everything they had to do was not something she was too keen on. Seemed they were diving into Kynthia’s past, and couldn’t tell the rest of the crew.

After refilling her coffee with what was left in the pot, she made her way to the cargo hold to see how their visitor was doing. She chuckled when she heard what Addy had said before walking off. Looking over the railing from her location, she gave Averroes an evil looking smile.

“You’re lucky the Cap’n let you stay. We aren’t keen on unexpected visitors. We ain’t helping you outta those cuffs, though; got enough going on. Then you can pick a room that isn’t taken. I got stuff to be checkin’.”

Shaking her head, Lu headed back towards the bridge. She didn’t actually have stuff to check on, only wanted to get away from the man none of them knew.

Tags- ALL, we're back in the Black!
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:54 pm

“Well, these Rim skimming tramp freighters really do consider everything for their soon to be paying passengers. Mint on the pillow, turned down beds, room service and a full range of instruments to aid in the removal of restraints. Should all natives of the Rim be so liberated in their thinking.” Averroes said to himself after the Gunman, the Flyer, and the Ring Leader departed the cargo bay. Were there any others in the ships superstructure? A loose bolt with government conspiracy issues? A too tight ex solider type, who’s the sort to take the fool chances that would get them all killed one day?

He turned and sauntered over the tool box, and as advertised it had tools and whole assortment of fine tetanus administrating implements within it. He selected the least rust caked tool held within, a hack saw whose blade at least looked like it knew what a edged was, and he stood back up to begin walking towards the passenger dorm. As he walked, he turned the hawk saw over in his bound hands and began to work the few remaining teeth against the ceramic binders.

The teeth screeched, the binders shuddered, and he shivered as he took a look into the medical facilities.

Compared to the little muddy ditch outside of a little hamlet on Paradise Lost, a ugly dun coloured moon orbiting the gas giant Alberta, the medical bay was a Class A facility any Core brain surgeon would envy. And much like that muddy ditch, he now found himself stuck there for the duration, perforated spleen notwithstanding.

“Well at least he locals aren’t trying to kill you yet Old Boy,” he whispered, before eyeing the hack saw in his hands “Well not yet, day is young and all that.”

He began to work harder on the bindings, little flecks of ceramic littered the floor beneath his booted feet as he walked on. He made his way into the passenger dormitory, and as he walked along the closed doors he gave each one a little off kilter kick.

“Locked...locked...locked...open.” he whispered, as the forth kicked door slid open slightly. He stepped inside, noting first the bunk, the hanger rail, and then...nothing else. At least if he’d been put into the brig on the Gould he’d have had ensuite. And a very short walk to the airlock, but the idea of giving that fun killing marionette Aristotle a thing to smile about soured that idea slightly.

The thought of that smug, over bearing Kommodore Kaptain in the Office of Naval Intelligence, was enough for him to saw through the rest cuff and be done of it. He took off his frock coat, the torn ruin of its fabric fluttering with far too many holes, and settled it down over the bed with all due ceremony.

“I claim this small bunk and cubed meters of living space in the name of the glorious and bountiful Alliance of Allied Planets,” he said joyfully, and then spat on the coat and preformed a very non regulation salute “May it burn in peace.”

He left the coat to marinade, and worked this way to the galley by following his nose. Give the folk of the Rim their due, what they didn’t know about self governance and cleanliness, they make up for with home fixin’s and coffee brewing.

Within the galley he found the coffee pot, sat upon the stove. And sitting at the table, lost in the little thoughts of a little man, was the ‘Gunslinger’. No doubt a gaudy metaphor or some sort of farm analogy was on his lips, though that last one might be a old family tale considering the customs of some Rim Worlds.

“Good to see you Good Sir,” Averroes said a nice as can be, before assaulting a cupboard to try and find a cup, his eyes never once looking to the man “You’ll be pleased to know that not only am I free, but I did so without losing a finger in the attempt. Rather proud of that last one to be honest.”

He found a cup and turned to the pot.

“Nescafe? Kenco?” he enquired, lifting the lid to get a full appreciation of the aroma and the full body of the caffeinated delight “Doesn’t smell gene-gineered or protein based...”

TAG-The Baron

Averroes
Coffee Snob.
General Snob.
Snobby Snob

Jake Sjet

Postby Tavey » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:28 pm

“Nescafe? Kenco?” he enquired, lifting the lid to get a full appreciation of the aroma and the full body of the caffeinated delight “Doesn’t smell gene-gineered or protein based...”

"Some advantages to bein' someone that's owed a favour or two." Kynthia walked from the hallway and sat down at the table. She held a large blue mug cupped in her hands, and sipped it in silence. Her eyes closed in appreciation. "As long as it lasts, at any rate."

She looked up at the man standing there. "You got shoved onto my ship without so much as a by your leave. Apologies are due for the manner in which we've not been the best of hosts. Still, help yourself to the brew, and be seated. Ain't going to be tomorrow afore we get to Leviathan. Ain't the best of places to be visiting as it is."

She looked away as if remembering something unpleasant, then nodded slightly. "Might as well be tellin' you then. We're going to be visiting someone there. But we ain't going to the Convent. Don't want to be runnin' into Chuy Lo any time soon. We got history with Belladonna an' the Rodent Brothers. About half the time the Alliance remembers we exist. The rest of the time they don't care. Oh.. an wars brewing again. Case you didn't catch that one. The Tenth was a bit more tense than anyone wants to think on. So your turn, and what's your story?"

TAG - anyone who wants to reply!

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:01 pm

“Leviathan you say? And here’s me having not packed my factor 600 sun screen.” Averroes quipped as he poured a cup of Old Joe, and ambled over to the table as the Ring Leader ladled out the exposition like soup from a kitchen.

“I was about to say you and your crew did not appear to be the Church going type, unless your all paid up members of the Church of the Rapture to Come? I hear their very much of the mind that the great and Fluffy Something Or Other is a somewhat wrathful deity. Fire, brimstone, tactical nuclear weapons, the whole pantheon of flaming things really.” He sipped his coffee and smiled, wincing at the mention of a particular familial name “Ahhh...to which Brother do you have history? Ferret the fixer? Badger the fence? Fox the facilitator? I would wager one of the first two, as Fox is something of a Coreward Dandy who pays far too much to forget this younger siblings exist. By the way this is fantastic coffee, compliments to the fellow who read the instructions.”

He settled the cup down, as he sat across from the supposed captain, and gave her a little smile.

“My story.” He said slowly, tapping the cup with one finger so that its contents sloshed slowly from side to side “MY story is more fiction than fact these days, as it usually goes. One gets so used to covering up the truth, and living the lie that knowing the facts that make a person whole can become quite malleable.”

Of course the drugs, regrets, benders, wars, fights, possible concussive head trauma and all the fun things of a high octane life help make the telling a little hazy.

“My story...” he began again, after taking a breath “...is that I was once employed to ensure certain outcomes for certain parties. If you want A to fight C whilst B swaggers in and scoops up the bountiful booty, I’m the man who sets up the introduction. I have made it my business for the last ten years of peace, and the previous ten years of war, to know where all the bodies are buried and who got their hands dirty digging the holes. I think I did it once for a flag, for a cause. But we were all so young once, so stupid...”

His eyes wandered off for a second, skittering across the table top before finally landing in the cup of coffee.

“In either case I am no longer employed by those that sought my services in a professional capacity. No rank, no pension, no little ranch to run home to and raise chickens.” He allowed a smile to cross his face as he looked at Kynthia “Think of me as sort of...Companion, if you like: I open doors, I know people, I know secrets. I can apply just the right level of discrete and shady lubrication to ensure that whatever deals you decide to make, are weighed in your favour. Except I accept cashy money, and not a silken bed sheet. And all I require is...”

He gestured lazily.

“...a roof under which to sit, and sip, and plot bloody revenge on those that have put me here instead of out of an air lock. Revenge on those that have forced me upon you in this unkind fashion.” He sang, before leaning forward “Because that's why you’re going to Leviathan isn’t? Some little job, some little loose end needing sorting out and scrubbing away? Lots of secrets on the sand of Leviathan, dear captain oh captain. And those winds, chased by the roar of sun, do like digging them back up again.”

He leaned back, the slight mania edging away from his eyes as he downed the rest of his coffee in one go.

“But I could be wrong. I’ve been wrong. Once or twice.” He smiled “

TAG-Any

Averroes

Jake Sjet

Postby popcornman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 am

Addy heard the man before he entered. He did not even glance up. It was not until the Captain spoke that he looked up from his cup. He listened to her. There was something bothering her other and he was not sure if it was going to this planet he had never been to or something more. He was happy that the coffee was a minor distraction for her. He was curious but remained silent about his concerns, especially in front of "the new guy." If she wanted him to know she would tell him. He coughed when the captain mentioned the Convent. He had first hand experience with those wonderful nuns. He remembered many a beautiful young girl threaten with the Convent by their rich parents, in the circles his parents were associated on Ariel, after rebelling or even just straying from the straight and narrow way for the proper young woman. It was more of a bad dream, a nightmare to scare, rather than a reality but he as did most everyone that it was real.

He listened to the man's vague story about his life. "Shady, Ky, real Shady." Addy breathed just over his nearly empty cup. He never really liked shady people. Everyone has secrets and the people who know a lot of other peoples secrets are very dangerous especially if they know your secrets.

tags any
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 pm

"Shady, most certainly." Averroe's remarked as he sipped his coffee, smiling broadly at Addy from across the table "Excellent hearing, most assuredly. But your right to question my motives, stranger in your parlour that I am. But then again any new relationship has a few trust issues to work out in the beginning."

He placed the cup down and tapped his fingers lightly against the table before clicking them, as though struck by divine inspiration.

"How about we share a little something huum? I think I had a sister, once upon time. A fiery soul, always changing her the colour of her hair, always changing the colour of her tats as well if memory serves. Always a delight when your family has that one rebel that goes against the grain, and makes it so easy to identify at family outings for rapid segregation." he sighed happily at the memory, a slight giggle upon his lips before he glanced at Addy pointedly.

"What about you, Mr Judgemental? Any family?" his smile got a little cooler "A brother, perhaps huum?"

TAG-Addy

Averroes

Jake Sjet

Postby popcornman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Addy heard the words family and brother but little else. A man from the Alliance, a man that knows secrets. His eyes blazed of anger for a moment before fear flooded over him. Images of his past overwhelmed his brain, girls in beautiful custom dresses, great balls wih fine food and dancing... companions and his brother standing in the middle. Addy had been rich and famous on Ariel but nothing compared to how well his brother had wesseled his into the upper echelons of society. He always had any girl he wanted no matter the cost.

Images of his parents being tortured by the Alliance flooded over him. He almost cried as it tore through his mind. The fictional faces laughing as his parents cry out for mercy. His vision shifted to that night, the poker game, that toast at that fancy bar, the story, the shots and then sadness. The sadness that had turned to anger. He relived the night in his fathers' office, his brother sitting in the chair and the fight and the feeling of the pistols' recoil and the back of his head disappearing. The vision shifted to the image of that box floating away from an airlock on the flagship of company on the last run Addy made before selling the family company and running like hell to the outer rim.

Reality flooded back in a flash of clarity.

Addy's face slacked back to normal. He realized his cup had been in front of his face for far too long and his other hand had moved to his pistol in its holster. He relaxed back in his seat and set the "BARON" mug on the table and eased his hand off his pistol grip. "I had one, once."

tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Kynthia waited for a moment, then smiled. "We've upset both Badger and Ferret. Quite possibly Ferret more than Badger. Little matter of blowing up a side of a warehouse. Last captain of the old girl was a bit more volatile than I, an' all."

She carefully placed her mug on the table, noting the worn surface once again. Sometime she'd have to replace it, but till then, this old piece of furniture spoke of many meals enjoyed, one or two arguments and, judging by the deep gashes near the centre, at least one major fight over it's expanse.

"But Fox? Ain't never met Fox, not in person like. He don't associate much with the likes of us. We're not refined enough for his tastes. How say you on the man?"

TAG

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby teagan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Teagan had been enclosed in the medical room for far too long. She was getting cabin fever, in the sort of way that said that she'd do something really dumb just for the excitement of it. Once she'd seen the ship that they were being taken aboard, she'd immediately gone into survival mode. Say as little as possible, and don't be irritated or irritating to the nice officers that was about to speak to you. Saves a lot of aggro and upset that way.

Which lasted until she realised she outranked the idiot in the room with her. She'd made some pithy comments and asserted her authority over the St Michaels man. That had resulted in getting more supplies for the medical area. Which she was duly grateful for. Once Ky found out, there would be hell to pay. Hell wound up on a stick. Ky had made it very clear that the past had to stay there.

So what the frack was she doing playing with the old order again? Teagan wondered where Ky's gun was too. The gleaming black custom build long range gun that she'd been given on her first assignment. The one that had to be pried out of Eden's near dead fingers when she had been shot. It had to be here somewhere, hidden.

Teagan decided it was time to head up to the lounge and rejoin the others. She shut down medical, and closed the door on her way out. Her footsteps made little to no sound as she walked up the back stairs to the top level. As she neared the galley, she froze for a moment, hearing an unfamiliar voice.

Moving more slowly, she stopped at the doorway, assessing and observing the surroundings. Some new man was sitting at the table, drinking and talking. Kynthia had the tenseness of someone who was on alert. Addy not far off, though he looked far more uncomfortable than not. Lu was puttering. Teagan coughed slightly as she walked in, heading for her cubby and taking out her own worn wooden mug. She flipped off the leather lid that was attached to it by a piece of thong, walked over to the coffee pot, and filled the mug to the brim.

"I'll make more in a moment." she said, as she turned around to make her way to the table. "I'm Teagan. I sew people up when they get hurt. Who are you?" she sat down as she spoke, nodding slightly to Kynthia and fluttering her fingers against her mug slightly.

"Trouble?" her fingers asked.

Tag: Kynthia

Tag: all
Teagan O'Rourke The Monarch.

Lt. JG Teagan Ceja. Assistant Intelligence Officer. The Ark Royal. ( retired )
teagan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby Kris » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Giving up on just walking about the ship, Lu went back to the galley with her empty coffee cup. Everyone seemed to be gathering there, and it wasn't often that they did that anymore. One surprising person she saw was Teagan.

Slipping into one of the seats quietly, she allowed the others to talk around her. She was distracted, mind far off somewhere else.

Most of the crew they had now had no idea what Lu had left behind when she came back on board. It scared her every day to think about what was happening with them.

Her son, Ryan, and the one she trusted to look after him, Gavyn. She hadn't seen them since they got left back with Belladonna. It'd been far too long ago, and not a word from them.

Though, probably wasn't safe for them to be looking for her. They'd left in as much of a hurry as they could back then. Yet still...it scared her. She wanted to see her son, figure out how he was doing all this time without her, if Gavyn still cared about her since she'd been gone and just left Ryan with him and didn't utter another word.

Something snapped her out of her memories, Teagan. Lu noticed what she'd done against her cup. She had a feeling she knew what it was that was being said, and yet they still couldn't tell everyone what it was they were doing.

Tags: All :)
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:48 pm

“Averroes my dear Tegan. I’m someone who likes to undo the stitching.”

It wasn’t the fact that he said it. That was bad enough. It was the fact that he said it with a smile and a pur to his voice, the signature sound of a man who liked playing with things like a cat does a tassel. He leaned back in his seat and allowed his eyes to roll from Tegan and back to Ky. His smile remained, but did not widen as he spotted the little wiggle in the cup.

Secret hand signals were so cute when people thought they were being sneaky.

“The Brothers Three,” he says, concentrating his attention on Ky, now all business “All but one is a begger with shank, working the small game, the tiny prize. Whereas Badger and Ferret will hold a grudge, and if they have the finances they will seek vengeance in their own little way. Seeing as your still flying I imagine you are a woman of cruel means that either soul refuses to kill because you might prove useful down the road. Never burn a hammer when you might need to break a knee cap.”

He let out slight sigh, and tapped his fingers against the table.

“Fox,” he repeated slowly “Is a step above his brothers, fellows that have been disowned by his good self. You don’t deal with Fox, Fox deals with you. You need to be introduced to him, you need to be advertised to him, to be shown to be worthy of his patronage. You need to know someone who has a working relationship with the man, someone owed a favour to the crafty soul.”

He reached up and placed a hand on his chest.

“I am such a man. A man who has become a known quantity to a fellow like Fox, a fellow with more money then some Mid Rim governments and the blood thirst of a Rim World baron.” He growled happily.

He then took a sip of his coffee and let out a near orgasmic sigh, indicating to the cup before him.

“And again, this is fabulous coffee! What’s the secret? Vanilla in the pot? Dash of cinnamon? Wood grain alcohol?”

TAG-All

Averroes

Jake Sjet

Postby popcornman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Addy was surprised that the nice medic had left her sanctuary. He watched the new guy carefully and decided that he did and would not like nor trust the man. The snide remark to Teagan was uncalled for and gave Addy another yearning to shoot this Averroes fellow. Instead he watched, answering the man's question with the simplest, least informational answer he could think of. "I made it." The cynicism was apparent as was the tension he was exuding. Addy was not a fan and was making that point of view very clear.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:42 am

“The quality shines through the bitterness dear boy,” Averroes crowed as he smiled at Addy, before turning his attention back to his intended audience.

“Look, at the moment your tolerating my presence. As well you should! You have a mission to accomplish, a goal of bloody retribution to dig out of the sands of Leviathan, and those that bury young ladies souls there.” his eyes flickered to Tegan, to gauge if there was any response to the dropping of that worlds name.

“But...not only am I a man of words and knowledge, I am also handy with a blade and knowledgeable in which way to point a pistol. I can be of some small measurable assistance, in a minor support capacity away from the general fray of the bloodletting. I can cover the retreat or mind the prisoners.” He took a sip of his coffee “But, I see there is more reason needed to keep me on before tossing me from your ships gangplank. So I suggest a trade, a proving of sorts. A show of my worth in your company, yes?”

“You keep me on, perhaps as passenger or useful crewmen...and I provide you with an introduction to Fox and his contacts. Which are legion.” Averroes purred, leaning forward slightly to focus his eyes on Ky “This is no small offer. Fox doesn’t deal in black market beagles or little bobble head Geshia dolls. What he moves makes a profit hand over fist, and he’s not one to burn useful contacts. If you do good work for him, you have a solid and lasting reputation no one will question. You will have a shield of fact that will ensure smooth sailing for any black market deal you wish to make ever again.”

He pushed the cup away.

“Oh and you’ll be rich beyond the dreams of minor nobility,” his grin returned as he eyed Addy “Maybe even the riches of a Baron, huum?”

TAG-All

Averroes

Jake Sjet

Postby Kris » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Lu sat and shook her head at the conversation between Addy and their new comer, Averroes. But when Leviathan was mentioned, she pipped up.

"What we're doing on Leviathan ain't any of your business. An' if you try to make it your business, you best be remembering you are a passenger and can be thrown out as quick as you got on board."

She then went back to sipping her coffee. She wasn't going to deal with people guessing what they were doing on Leviathan. There was enough going on and she had enough on her mind. Glancing at Kynthia from behind her mug, she hoped the snap wasn't taken the wrong way. They had no reason to know what the plan waso n Leviathan, it was hard enough for her to know exactly what would happen, same with Kynthia.

Then again, when did things to according to plan?

Tags: all!
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 am

“Now now, none of that.”

He placed a hand upon his chest.

“I would never dream of hedging in on your little dreams of revenge and mayhem. Except that it did become something of my business when I was thrust upon your...charity? Is that the word I wish to use for this little arrangement we’re making?” he gave a little shrug “I’m sure the proper verb, or noun, will come to me eventually. Usually does.”

“But you see, oh dear pilot,” he crooned in the direction of Lu “I have made a promise of no small monetary gains to your employer. Now I don’t know you all that well, but I have the feeling were my claims to prove false and my connections less than what I have stated them to be...”

He took in a small breath.

“You would dig the hole.” He said, pointing at Lu.

“You would make sure I was legal dead.” He pointed at Tegan.

“You would ensure the burying of the hole was completed to your exacting specifications.” He smiled at Ky, no pointing just in case the offending digit was removed.

“And you...” he smiled at Baron “...I imagine you’d happily dance on my grave.”

“My business is now intertwined with your business. My ticket back to the connections that can see my own little revenge scheme begin to roll along the path to fruition. And I can’t very well have that revenge if you all become suddenly dead because you stumbled upon the 1st Mechanised Fighting Nuns of Leviathan by mistake.” He leaned back in his chair “You’re a crew of a transport ship, and I am the devil thrust upon you: I wish to protect my investment.”

TAG-All

Averroes
The Devil You Know, But Not All That Well.

Jake Sjet

Postby Kris » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Amazingly, Averroes was right.

"Now you see why you don't wanna get on our bad side," Lu said after finishing the last of her coffee.
Pushing herself back from the table, she got up and put her cup away before heading towards one of the two doors.

"I'm goin' back to the bridge, want to make sure we don't have any unexpected visitors on our way to Leviathan."

It wasn't that she didn't mind the company that there was, but she had enough going through her head and needed to sort it all out. Sitting down in her chair, she watched all the lights blinking as she again thought back to her son. She was worried, but she couldn't let anyone else know.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Averroes took in a small breath.

“You would dig the hole.” He said, pointing at Lu.

“You would make sure I was legal dead.” He pointed at Tegan.

“You would ensure the burying of the hole was completed to your exacting specifications.” He smiled at Ky, no pointing just in case the offending digit was removed.

“And you...” he smiled at Baron “...I imagine you’d happily dance on my grave.”

That was enough for Kynthia to stop and allow her old training in observation to come to the fore. Without so much as a flinch, she kept sipping her drink. Averroes had been a little too close to the mark, which meant that he had information that she didn't want spread. Especially about Teagan, who'd worked hard to vanish after the war.

""Tis alright Teagan", she said quietly noting the little movement that betrayed Tea's discomfort. "You got a good place in this here ship after all. Ain't no more bein' in the villages of backworlds and the rim. My exactin' specifications as this good man says are pretty strict after all."

TAG - Teagan

"But you.." she said, pointing her mug towards Averroes, "you an' I, we need to talk some. I'd like an introduction to big brother Fox. He sounds like a man who might need a little tramp freighter as is under the radar on occasion. Besides, who told you about the 1st Mechanised anyway?" She smirked slightly to allow him to know that she was joking.. somewhat.

TAG - Averroes

She grinned at the table. "I'll be makin' dinner tonight, 'tis my turn. Ain't nothin' special, but we've been given some supplies by them as has hired us. I do believe we got a bit of real meat to enjoy."

TAG - all

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby popcornman » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Addy did what he normally did, jsut watch. He did not know the meanings behind every jab and hook, but he could tell by the reactions of the others, mister secrets held a lot of cards. He knew things about all of them but no one knew anything about him except the generic banter that shadows tended to tell. He outwardly ignored the comment about dancing but his mind wandered to the events he had been to back on Ariel. As he contimplated what dance he would do, if any, that was worth the energy for this man, he had a sudden desire to play. It had been awhile but the desire was there. He had picked up a few spare sets of strings both violin and bow so he would not have to go without again, but he had not played since snapping that string. He noticed movement and saw Lu move off toward the bridge. She seemed destracted by something, but he took that moment to do the same. He rose, silently put his mug back in its cubby, and retired to his room. It was situated nicely next to the galley and the stairwell down to his beloved cargo bay. That was the place. He carefully collected his violin and deftly moved down to and along the catwalk away from the galley and toward airlock. He stood on the catwalk almost over the airlock control with the violin, his first love, in its usual home against his check. He lifted his bow and nothing..... absolutely nothing came to him. He took a deep breath and cleared his mind, it only took a moment for the thoughts came pouring back, his past the present, the new guy... another deep breath to clear his mind again and... a single measure came into focus in his mind. He lifted his bow and began to play the measure morphed into Shadows by Lindsay Stirling then to Sad Romance by Thao Nguyen Xanh then into just his feelings. His eyes closed, he became one with the violin. It was like a conversation with a long lost friend. In that moment, Addy was happy again.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Kris » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Lu could hear Kynthia from the bridge about dinner. Whenever she cooked, it was good. She glanced back towards the galley and saw Addy going off to do..whatever it was he was going to do. She figured now was when Kynthia was going to talk with Averroes and maybe send Teagan on her way so that she could do so.

It wasn't that unusual for this to happen; everyone split up and do their own thing while the ship was flying. Her job was to stay up on the bridge (or near it) and make sure nothing went wrong. This was an easy flight, and their ship was in as decent a condition it could be in at the time being.

Lu realized she really wanted to talk to someone about what was on her mind, but there was far too much else going on to do so. Thinking about it, she realized the only one on board who even knew she had other family was Kynthia (unless Averroes knew more than he was letting on). For now, she had to continue to watch the blinking lights and make sure nothing crossed their path on the way to Leviathan.

Tags- anyone wanting to come to the bridge
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Averroes sat, smiling all the while as Lu and then Addy rose from the table and went about their business. Meanwhile, it appeared as though the adults were about to get down to their own business and play the game of riddles.

“Yes, oh dear Tegan, you have nothing to fear from me.” Averroes crooned with as much sincerity as a rattlesnake might upon proclaiming its conversion to Veganism “I am merely a lost soul, cast free from the arms of the Alliance and seeking the throats of those that wronged me. I might even put some work your way should I meet a blade and not flinch fast enough. Or meet a throat not ready for the end, until it has spoken truth to me.”

His eyes returned to Ky’s once more.

“As for the 1st Mechanised...” he said softly, quietly so only the three remaining could hear over the cat strangling below and the pilots distant forward “...I have, once upon a time whilst travelling the worlds, had reason to cross paths with them. Usually long after the deed was done, sometimes just as the shots and screams died out their echoing purgatory.”

He gave his hand a little wave, to mimic the sound of the echoing report of a strange rifles call in the canyons of a modern city.

“I did once come face to face with one of your...’their’ number.” He said carefully, knowing he sat not before a mere ships captain and some timid backwater medic: but a pair of clockwork dolls broken by cruel owners and remained as deadly tools. Just because their cowed looks were deceiving, did not mean the hint of a threat could not be seen, like a dagger held in a pig's ear sheath. A doctor might cure as easily as kill, and Ky did seem to have an air of command about her earned by bloody rite.

So a leader not a beater then, interesting. But also a sister, or at least a fellow trained dog guarding her small pack. Interesting.

“I was impressed.” He said, drinking the last of his coffee, wincing at the grounds which had collected at the bottom “And I’m not easily impressed. I blame a spoiled childhood: being too smart, good looking, captain of the lacrosse team. I look forward to being impressed again, Captain, upon our landing.”

He tapped the coffee cup slightly.

“I mean by the coffee, of course.” AKA 'Your move, said his raised eye brow'.

TAG-Tegan, Cap’n Short Fuse

Averroes

Jake Sjet

Postby Tavey » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:22 am

As the others left the room, Kynthia's body language changed subtly. Although she did not actually shift her stance, her shoulders changed their angle, her head tilted slightly differently. She listened, eyes not leaving Averroes'.

I look forward to being impressed again, Captain, upon our landing.” Averroes tapped the coffee cup slightly.

“I mean by the coffee, of course.” AKA 'Your move, said his raised eye brow'.

"Well then." Kynthia practically purred. "Ain't no secret on this boat that I had a different life once. Seems you had one that might have mirrored mine in a sort of a way. We can piss over who's the biggest bad or we can get along. War does that to people, changes them into things as they weren't before."

She waited a beat.

"So, do I show you mine, or do you show me yours?"

TAG

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch