Violet Mine

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: Violet Mine

Postby teagan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Teagan O'Rourke put down the cloth she had been using to wipe the counter and stared out of the door into the pouring rain. Her heart thumped wildly, her eyes filled with sudden tears.

It couldn't be.

It had been ten years. Ten long, lonely, empty years.

"I gotta go." she said quietly to her co-worker, Jory-Ann, who just shrugged and kept frying protein pretending to be eggs for some customer's lunch. "Cover for me."

"Y'll owe me." Muttered the other woman, eyes not even lifting off the protein. "Twice in the last two months you've taken off. Ain't the right way to be about things. Supposed to keep working you are."

She was talking to an empty room. Teagan had left, grabbing her wrap as she fled into the oncoming storm. She had no destination, just a vague direction that she thought she had seen the ghost from her past heading in.

"Kynthia!" she cried out, finally, spinning around in desperation. "Kynthia!!!"
Teagan O'Rourke The Monarch.

Lt. JG Teagan Ceja. Assistant Intelligence Officer. The Ark Royal. ( retired )
teagan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby morrigan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Morrigan moved along the street until she was within eyesight of the place that her quarry had entered. She then moved back several feet until she was tucked away in the awning of a nearby shop. Her eyes narrowed.

The bounty was extremely enticing, after all.

As time passed, she mused her options. Performing the sting would be stupid while they were on planet, but it was the easiest. Her bribe with the local lawmakers would tide her for another three or four days, depending on how greedy they chose to be.

"Kynthia!" she heard a woman's voice cry. Completely unexpected and more than a little shocking. Morrigan ducked back even tighter and watched as a slender woman ran along the road, looking into every window with eyes so full of emotion that they would break anyone's heart, if they still had a heart, that is. The woman looked directly at her for a moment.

Tag Teagan.

Morrigan scowled and turned away. This could wait. For now.
morrigan
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Postby popcornman » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Addy turned as he heard a called from out in the storm. He dropped his hand to his pistol and glanced at the Captain before stepping out of the room and into the rain. He glanced around before moving toward the voice. It was not a good idea for anyone to be yelled the captain's voice anywhere. He approached carefully staying close to the buildings. Something wasn't right, really, really not right. He found the source of the voice and started to approach. "Would you stop that." He yelled.

tags Teagan / Morrigan
SLA Personnel Chair

Commander Rory Shannon - XO USS Pegasus, Into the Breach - Retired
popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:42 am

"Kynthia!!"

Ky spun around, heading for the wall beside the window and peeking through the thick pane of glass, then ducking back.

"Who the hell is that?" she hissed, her face a lot paler than it should be. The voice was too familiar, but thanks to the head injury that had created Kynthia from the ashes of Serenity Valley, she had no idea who it was that was calling her name. Someone who knew her after that time, but who resonated from before... from Execution.

"Kynthia!!!" the voice called again, desperate and anxious. Addy vanished through the door, heading towards whoever it was that was calling for her. Kynthia was, ironically, happy about that.

He returned a few minutes later pushing a young woman ahead of him.

TAG - Addy
TAG - Teagan

"Who are you?" Kynthia demanded.

"Listen, what about us?" asked Aimee, her voice irritated. "Wonderful times, this meeting up again and all, but what about me and Ethan?"

TAG - all

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby teagan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Teagan instinctively shrank away from the man who approached her on the street.

"I... uh.. Hello?" she said.

Tag: Addy

She found herself brought to a small dwelling place, a relief from the rain, but also a shock when she walked in and saw someone she had truly believed to be dead.

Teagan stared for a long moment at the woman standing in front of her, and a smile suddenly blossomed on her face. She rushed over to Kynthia and grasped her arms. "It is you! You're alive! I am.. oh.. I never thought... "

Tag: Kynthia

A woman spoke from behind them all. Teagan let go of Kynthia's arms and turned around, shrinking back from the more dominant personalities in the room.

"What about us?" asked the angry young woman. Teagan had no answer, so she stood beside the door and waited for an answer. She hoped beyond hope that she would be allowed to travel with her old friend again.
Teagan O'Rourke The Monarch.

Lt. JG Teagan Ceja. Assistant Intelligence Officer. The Ark Royal. ( retired )
teagan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby Tavey » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Teagan stared for a long moment at the woman standing in front of her, and a smile suddenly blossomed on her face. She rushed over to Kynthia and grasped her arms. "It is you! You're alive! I am.. oh.. I never thought... "

Kynthia practically shoved her away. "I've no idea who the hell you are. You'll have to wait."

Aimee was beginning to get more upset as Kynthia tried to think of a solution. She paced and wrung her hands and glared at them all as if it was their fault that she was in such a predicament.

Finally Kynthia threw up her hands in a gesture that made Teagan flinch slightly and growled that what they really needed was someone to take Aimee's place and they'd take that one back to Belladonna instead.

TAG - Addy, Lu, Scott, Teagan

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 am

Lu was completely confused. Who was this woman coming after Kynthia? After a bit of trying to see if the lady would leave, Lu walked up to her and put her hand on her gun, "You really want to get back away from us. We have no gorram idea who you are, and we have more important things going on right now." She glared at Teagan, "Ever heard of Belladonna? Well, we're working for her, not looking for people who seem to know us."

After a moment, she backed away and looked over at Aimee and Ethan. "We don't got a plan to break you two up, but we won't be able to explain this to her, let alone your father."

Sitting down in one of the chairs, Lu sighed and rubbed her temples. "How did we get into this mess?" A few choice Chinese swear words escaped her lips as she tried to think, still glaring at Teagan.

Tags: Addy, Kynthia, Scott, Teagan.
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Addy brought the woman to the rest of the group and just watched at everything unfolded. His hand started to pull the pistol at the woman moved toward the captain but the captain had the situation under control. He listened to the conversation and eased the pistol back into the holster. He thought about the question, How did we get into this mess? and decided to answer with an observation. "I don't want to be dead, and us out of this mess so we can get out of this mess." He paused for a moment and swallowed hard as images of ways Belladonna could kill her. "How exactly am I going to die... I mean to say... is it going to hurt, like torture, or more of a sniper from long range, more of a just blackness then nothing." He realized that it would be the first option because of who they were dealing with. "I vote to not die."

Tags any
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby TheGaffTApe » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:28 pm

"What if we weren't the ones to die?" Scott heard himself saying, uncharacteristically drawing attention to himself. He turned to study the young couple standing nervously in the kitchen. This Belladonna the others feared so much was nothing more than a name to him but Scott knew that anyone who could strike fear in the likes of the Monarch's Crew was not someone the theif wanted to cross. 

"Ain't no one can blame us if we got here and found her ... met with an unfortunateness. Could we make that happen?" he glanced at Addy, then Kynthia, "Or, tian xiaode, make it look as so? Make people think what ain't truth is?"

He shifted his glance to the strange woman Addy had brought back when he had ducked out. He scanned her up and down then dismissed her as a non threat.  "Dong ma?" he asked the captain. 
TheGaffTApe
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Postby popcornman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:36 pm

"Miss Belladonna, "and Addy said it with a shudder. "Is not the type of person that accepts anything but exactly what was asked. People like that probably has someone watching us or" and he pointed to Lu, "Have someone inside watching... or both." He looked around. "I vote either kill belladonna or do what she says."

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Kris » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Lu sighed as she looked between all of them, "We don't have a choice of following Belladonna's orders. If we don't, we'll never get another gorram job in the 'verse. She has far to many contacts and ways to keep us from getting anything."

She sat down in one of the seats, staring at Aimee, "You had to have known that he was coming or sending someone to get you, and yet you pulled this anyways? We have to bring back someone, and we don't want it to be a dead body. He's your father, do you think he'd be fooled if we were to...impersonate you in some way? Get someone who looks just like you, dress 'em up just right, and bring them back with us?"

Tags: All
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:06 pm

"Belladonna also knows too many secrets," said Kynthia not quite looking at Teagan.

Lu sat down in one of the seats, staring at Aimee, "You had to have known that he was coming or sending someone to get you, and yet you pulled this anyways? We have to bring back someone, and we don't want it to be a dead body. He's your father, do you think he'd be fooled if we were to...impersonate you in some way? Get someone who looks just like you, dress 'em up just right, and bring them back with us?"

Aimee crossed her arms across her chest in defiance. "My father," she spat. "Is nothing more than a crook."

"That don't make any difference." replied Ky. "Start thinking."

TAGs

"What the gorram hell do you think we can do!?" Aimee snatched up a nearby vase and flung it at the wall in sudden, intense, fury. "I ain't cattle to be sold off, I ain't some merch that he can't ditch for spoilin'. I am his daughter. His only daughter. Is all."

"What about Suzy?" interjected Ethan with a tired, sad look upon his face. A look that was born of some inner desperation. "What about my sister?"

TAG's

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby popcornman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Addy looked at the captain for a moment with fear in his eyes and determination. He was thinking but Belladonna was not one to mess with at all. "The sister might work but we need a backup cause if she finds out we are trying to put one over on her, well, we might as well attack her strong hold at that point cause we are all dead..." His voice faltered then. "I really don't want to die so the sister thing sounds good."

tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am

(( As per the email sent to the mailstring.))

Eventually the situation was resolved.

Aimee's sister in law was delighted to be able to leave the little mud ball that she hated and become the pampered wife of some dignitary who only really wanted arm candy.

Aimee got to stay with her husband.

Belladonna was more or less mollified by the fact that A girl had been sent as per the contract. However, she slashed the payment by a third and fired Lucille from her employ with a dire threat never to come looking again.

The Monarch flew away from Violet with a few less crew, but having gained another in the person of Kynthia's old medic from the army onboard.

It was, all in all, a sudden end to their mission. But a glad one, for being able to move on in peace.

(( Apologies folks. If you didn't get the email from the mailstring, please PM me. ))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Previous

Return to Firefly: Monarch