Violet Mine

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: Violet Mine

Postby Tavey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Ky grinned.

"So here's the deal. Belladonna asked us to come here and pick up a young lass. We're to deliver her to her intended husband. But life being all strange-like and complicated around the edges, the girl went and fell in love with someone else. Who we don't rightly know the name or location of. We can't afford to tweak the last nerve of the Belladonna."

Kynthia sighed, her eyes looking past them all and into some distant time that still haunted her. "That bloody woman knows too much about too many people."

Taggity Tag.

(( For a note on Belladonna, please look here: http://asimov.slasims.com/wiki/index.ph ... Belladonna Also, please sign up for the wiki and add your own pages to The Monarch area!! ))

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Lu went over to Kynthia, "She didn't do all her research on me. And she's probably doing this for the girl's daddy if I remember hearing things right. Hiding back in that room waiting for you to show up, I heard quite a bit. She wanted to pass it off to someone else, but held onto it until you came."

She tapped the communicator in her pocket and then pulled it out, "We still want me to keep com silence with her? She's probably getting impatient with me not checking in with her. Then again, we thought she was all alone out here, but she ain't."

Tags-Those in Lounge
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Meanwhile, elsewhere on Violet.

Aimee walked slowly along a path that wound around trees and alongside a tiny brook. She'd dressed in her prettiest frock for the day and wound a wreath of daisies through her hair. In her hands she held a small nosegay of pink flowers that she had picked while walking.

The fine drizzle of the day had made everything look ethereal through the woods. Mist entwined around the trees and caressed the greenery, making it sharply vivid against the greys and browns of the rest of the woods.

As wedding days went, it could have been worse.

Aimee reached the clearing that was her destination. She smiled when she saw the man waiting for her. She stopped to allow him to admire her and then walked even slower towards him.

Ethan held his hand out to her as soon as she was close enough. She placed one of her hands in his and together they turned towards a third person waiting in the clearing.

Father Len gestured for them to come towards him, his arms outstretched in welcome.

"Come and take your first steps towards a new life and a new way." He intoned. Taking a length of yellow ribbon from the small table behind him, he tied their hands together and continued with his ceremony.

"Others would ask, at this time, who gives the bride in marriage, but, as a woman is not property to be bought and sold, given and taken, I ask simply if she comes of her own will and if she has her family's blessing. Bride, is it true that you come of your own free will and accord?"

Aimee took a deep breath. "I am" she replied, her voice soft and filled with a deep emotion that could not be denied.

Father Len continued.

"Above you are the stars, below you are the stones, as time doth pass, remember...
Like a stone should your love be firm, 
like a star should your love be constant. 
Let the powers of the mind and of the intellect guide you in your marriage, 
let the strength of your wills bind you together, 
let the power of love and desire make you happy, 
and the strength of your dedication make you inseparable. 
Be close, but not too close. 
Possess one another, yet be understanding. 
Have patience with one another, for storms will come, 
but they will pass quickly."

"Be free in giving affection and warmth. Have no fear and let not the ways of the unenlightened give you unease, for the you are never alone. What symbols do you give as pledge and testimony to your love and commitment to each other?"

Ethan held up his untied hand, and opened it to reveal two pendants. Fatehr Len took them and held them for a moment. He fastened one around each of their necks and checked his notes on the rite quickly.

"The blessings of the Stars are yours -- though distant and beyond reach, their lights guide us and pull us out of the familiar and into new worlds. May you explore the wonder of the Stars together!"

"As you embark upon this quest, do so with joy and love in your hearts. But remember always -- you cannot be true to another unless you are true to yourself. Do you accept these gifts?"

Aimee and Ethan said in unison, "We do."

Len finished the rite in a loud booming voice. "Then, by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Just before their lips touched, Ethan smiled at his new young wife. " Now nobody can separate us."

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Back on Dandelion Station:

To say that Belladonna was annoyed was the understatement of the year. The imposing woman strode around her office, hands twisting, or gesturing wildly as she vented to the empty room. Light glittered off the rings she wore on her fingers, the red of her nailpolish seeming to look like dried blood on the almost talon like nails she preferred.

"This is not acceptable!" she finally screeched in counterpoint to the smash of an ornate glass lamp against the wall. "I will not be ignored like this!"

She composed herself, swallowing a wickedly alcoholic drink as fast as she could to help the process. Her aide peered around the corner of the door, hovering anxiously. Belladonna looked into one of the strategically placed mirrors to spot him.

"Get in here, right now. And get that pilot on screen. And don't stop calling her until she replies. I've had enough of this." she ordered the pale, thin man.

He headed for his own desk, to begin following her order, only to be stopped by an almost silky smooth voice from behind him. "I want to hear that you are calling."

Stan returned to her office and smiled weakly. He'd hoped not to have to deal with this. Hoped he could get that girl some more time. Seemed that time was running out. He began the process to call Lu.

TAG - Lu

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:03 am

Lu swore (in Chinese) under her breath as the communicator went off yet again. Pulling it out of her pocket, the message was coming in as a priority, meaning Belladonna was there and either sending the message or waiting to talk with her. Growling to herself, she pulled Kynthia aside.

"Kynth, she's wanting an update...and won't let me ignore the call this time." She pinched the bridge of her nose, "Only thing I can tell her is..."

"That the girl's on Violet but we don't know where yet...that's all she needs to know. She had the wrong information about her location. As for the fact that she's got someone else she loves..."

Lu chuckled, "Keep it out of the conversation." She snuck off to the bridge so that a visual link could be set up. Hooking the communicator to one of the consoles, and a few switch flips later, Belladonna and a guy she knew from Dandelion Station appeared on the screen.

"'Bout time you answered, girl! Why've you been ignoring me all the times I tried to reach you?"

She put a hand up, "Because we were gathering information on where this Aimee Mao was, as the intel you had didn't pan out. If I answered anything previously...it would have given us away."

Belladonna shook her head, "What do you mean the information was wrong? That girl was supposed to be on..."

"Lilac? Well, she's not. Turns out she's on Violet, we just don't have a for sure location. On top of that, it's raining out here, possibly a storm coming, I'm sure you want me to stay safe."

The pale man looked back at Belladonna, who seemed still upset, "Fine...at least you found her. I don't get the pay from her daddy until she gets home, which means you don't get all of your pay either." She looked at the background behind Lucille, "Seems that Kynthia gave you the pilot spot like I had hoped. Any information on what we discussed before?"

Lu shook her head, "Seems the reports you had of her doing things to discredit you or any of your contacts are not true. She's just trying to do a job then go on to the next one. She's not one to make enemies if it means a job."

"Fine...I'm not happy that it is taking so long. But you have where she is, now get her back here so I don't have to contact you again." She hit a button and the communication cut. Lu sat back in the seat and rubbed her head. The whole time she'd been doing small jobs for Belladonna before the Monarch came back, she'd never seen the woman upset. Now she was upset that she wouldn't get paid until they got back.

Rejoining the others in the lounge, she went back over to Kynthia, "We'll need to talk privately before we head out...she's not happy."

Tag- Kynthia, others who are listening in on their conversation
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:31 pm

"So, we need to snatch a girl from her lover so we can deliver her to a husband to be. Sounds easy enough. I see a possible fight if we snatch in daylight with her lover around, but if we grab a moment when she's alone, shouldn't be a problem, which means probably tail until that moment and be ready to leave at the next moment? or am I way off." Addy looked at the captain and Lu for a response.
SLA Personnel Chair

Commander Rory Shannon - XO USS Pegasus, Into the Breach - Retired
popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Kynthia considered what Addy was saying and then nodded slowly.

"I agree, tail the lass for a bit. Maybe pick up some extra work while we're here an' then we get the girl an' get her back to her arranged one. Ain't the bestest gig, but it pays well. Keeps Belladonna off our tail."

They discussed options for finding the girl and getting an exact idea of her movements for a few moments. First they would head into the nearby small town to get some supplies, scout the area and see what they could find out. An ominous roll of thunder outside the ship signalled the beginning of the storm that had been threatening to escape it's bonds from the far side of the hills and mountains. Kynthia peered out of one of the windows and shook her head.

"Think we'll move the old girl into the shipyard. Either that or there'll be drippy wetness all over the mule and I am not one for cleaning that up."

Lu reappeared from her short conversation with Belladonna at that moment. She stated simply that she and Ky ought to chat in private. Ky nodded again. "In a bit. Right now, I want to move the ship into the shipyard in town. No point in being soggy if we don't need to be while we're getting some ideas on where this Aimee might be holed up."

Lu headed for the ship and shortly thereafter, The Monarch raised gracefully in her dance with the air. Kynthia enjoyed listening to the engines on this ship. They were in much better shape than the old Monarch had been. She watched as they moved across rugged terrain below them. Vivid greens of trees and bushes dotted the otherwise brown and tans of the landscape. Yeah... another perfect terraform...

Soon a small settlement appeared on the horizen. Lu found the shipyard and set down on one of the pads. Almost immediately, the shipyard owner called them, asking for details.

"Ship what just landed. This is Marshall Steven O'Grady. What be the nature of your business in our fine bustling port of call?"

TAG - Lu

Kynthia and the others began to get themselves ready in the cargo hold in order to head out into the nearest town.

TAG - all

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:47 am

"Ship what just landed. This is Marshall Steven O'Grady. What be the nature of your business in our fine bustling port of call?"

Lu heard the shipyard calling and sighed, trying to think how she would handle this. “We're the Monarch. Nature of our business is just a place to rest for a bit and we're...looking for someone. Just don't wanna get wet n' soggy if we don't have too, messes with the equipment a bit. We won't cause any trouble, not to worry.”

The line was silent for a moment, but then O'Grady came back on the line, “Long as we won't have any trouble, ya'll are free to stay here. One bit of trouble, and you won't be allowed here. We keep track of those we don't know, be warned.” The line cut and Lu let out a sigh of relief. One the ship was down, Lu secured the systems in case trouble came finding them and went down to the cargo hold.

“Marshall don't want no trouble, we been warned, they keep an eye on people who are visiting.” She went over to Kynthia, whispering in her ear, “Belladonna is getting impatient, and isn't happy the girl wasn't on Lilac...” Lu then went to help get things ready, she didn't like having Belladonna's personal line in her pocket. She hoped that now that Belladonna knew where they were, she would let them be...but she had a feeling that someone would be watching them, and hoped it wasn't the Marshall.

Tags: All in the cargo hold
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:28 am

That was somewhat puzzling, normally the marshall popped over to get his customary bribe and check over the ship in person. Not just waved them into port with a "How'd you do?" kind of attitude. Kynthia wasn't about to start complaining though, she wanted to find the cargo, get hold of it and get off the world and back to Belladonna as fast as she could.

A thought occurred to her.

"Hey Lu, do we have a picture of this here Aimee to be sure we got the right girl?" she asked the pilot.

TAG - Lu

She looked around the rest of the crew, missing some of her old people with an ache in her heart for a moment. Maverick would... well.. he was dead. Enough said. Ain't no point in trying to make that change.

"Come on folks. First round is on me."

TAG everyone.

They stepped into the sheeting rain, closed up the ship and headed at a run for the nearest bar. Seemed like the best place to begin the hunt.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:32 pm

The storm rolled in with vicious intensity. Rain stabbed the ground, treating tarmac, plascrete and mud with equal distain. The locals wrapped themselves into cloaks, coats and whatever they could find to make some kind of shield against the freezing cold water that seemed to wriggle into every open gap that it could find.

From inside the bar, the crew of The Monarch stayed warm, watching the world outside through condensation steamed windows. Rivulets of drops joined and parted, dancing their own paths down the glass. Lightning shattered the clouds, slamming against the lightning towers specifically made to protect the town. Thunder shook the very ground.

Ky started to make the rounds, trying to find the girl that they were seeking. For the most part, nobody knew who she was talking about. Occasionally, she'd find someone who seemed to be diverting the question.

"Listen, it's important that we find her." she finally snapped at one reluctant man. "This kid might be in danger from in-system. Dong ma?"

"I dunno nuffin. But she might." he said, pointing at an older woman sitting by herself at the end of the bar.

Kynthia thanked the nondescript man and motioned to Addy and Lu to go and talk to the woman.

TAG - ADDY, LU

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:25 am

Lu had heard what Kynthia had mentioned, but before she could go digging for a picture of Aimee, they were off on a run for the nearest bar. By the time they had reached the bar, she had to shake the rain out of her hair. She wasn't one to normally wear a hood, even in a storm such as this. But looking at the blue streaks she'd had in her hair for so long start to fade, she realized it was either time to wear a hood or re-color her hair.

She sat and sipped at a drink as Kynthia was speaking with what probably felt like the hundredth man she had since they'd gotten there.

"Listen, it's important that we find her." she finally snapped at one reluctant man. "This kid might be in danger from in-system. Dong ma?"

"I dunno nuffin. But she might." he said, pointing at an older woman sitting by herself at the end of the bar.

Kynthia thanked the nondescript man and motioned to Addy and Lu to go and talk to the woman.

Raising an eyebrow at the man who said he didn't know "nuffin", Lucille sighed and sat back until Kynthia nodded towards the woman at the end of the bar. Glancing over at the woman, she nodded and looked over at at Addy.

"Best be checkin' with the woman if we're to get this figured out and get the girl we're after." Before she got up, Lu looked through the information she had on Aimee and tried to find an image of her. Finally spotting one, though it was a younger picture, she went over the Kynthia first.

"Looks like we ain't got an updated picture, but we got at least the general look. But black, short chopped hair isn't much to go on, as it's probably grown out a bit. Maybe someone'll recognize the face."

After leaving one of the images with Kynthia, Lu went over to the older woman at the end of the bar. It seemed as if she'd been there for quite a while, and smelt very strongly of multiple different drinks.

"No doubt you been hearin' who we're looking for. Seems some of the others think you'll know where she is." She held up the picture of a younger Aimee. "What you know about this girl's whereabouts?"

TAG - ADDY, OLD LADY
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Addy understood the nodes. He finished his whiskey in one gulp and stood. He moved behind Lu to the old woman. He was truly unsure how to go about intimidating an old lady. Does one just ask the old woman nicely? Does one intimidate her like anyone else? But she may have a heart attack and die? Would that murder? He was already wanted for murder, so that would not be a big deal in the grand scheme. Does one threaten her family? How does one know if she has a family? He stopped to the left of the woman with his jacket open so is pistol could be seen but only by the old woman. He kept his mouth shut. He wanted to learn. He will learn.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Kris » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:07 am

Before Lu and Addy could say a single word to the old lady, she looked up at them.

"Lookin' for Aimee Mao are ya? I might be knowing something bout that girl."

Lu raised an eyebrow and looked at Addy before sliding into one of the seats. "Yeah, we're looking for the girl. Her dad wants her back home. You know where she is?"

The old lady sipped at her drink and pushed it aside, "She's got a mister with 'er. Small cottage on the edge of town. I'd get movin' quick, girl seemed determined about something."

Tapping her fingers on the bar, Lu got a bit impatient. "Determined about what? Come on, lady, we gotta get that girl and get her back to her family."

The lady squinted her eyes at the pair of them before continuing, "You ain't gonna like what I've gotta say...

After a few more minutes of talking, Lu said her goodbyes to old lady and rushed over to Kynthia, pulling Addy along behind her.

"Kynth, we got a problem. Lady did know where Aimee is. Thing is...she's looking for a quick wedding. She," Lu sighed, "must've known her daddy would be sending for her to get married and took it into her own hands. Dunno the boys name, but they should be at the edge of town last the lady knew."

TAGS - Kynthia & Addy
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby TheGaffTApe » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Prescott Tsou

The wind howled against the sides of the building, like the wailing cries of the dead, and Prescott Tsou shuddered. A lot of things reminded Scott of death lately, every time he closed his eyes he saw Old Chester terrified as blood trailed from a hole in centre of his forehead. Every time he slept he heard he gurgling wheezing sound of the old thief's last breath.

He pulled his borrowed coat tighter around his thin frame. Old habits asserted  themselves quickly, and he scanned the room thoroughly but discreetly. There were a couple easy marks, drunkards  mostly too far into the bottle to keep track of their billfolds.

As one of the drunkards stumbled past Scott angled himself slightly and the Drunk knocked into him. He stumbled and the man cursed his clumsiness, before stumbling off. Slipping his newly acquired billfold into his pocket Prescott moved to the bar to get himself a drink.

He was considering joining one of the card games when Kynthia, Lu and Addy entered. They moved around the bar asking a question here and there, instinctively watching each other's backs moving with the practiced assurance of a team.  Addy's imposing height and demeanour meant people made a path for them, though the trio didn't seem to notice. An other thing he noticed that seemed to escape the trio was the young man who followed them into the bar.

The captain had been talking to the bartender, who gestured to a woman on the other side of the room, and Lu and Addy left them to speak to her. Scott watched as the young man hesitated, watching Kynthia for a moment before wandering over to eavesdrop on Lu and Addy.

He wasn't a professional, not by any means, but he was more than just casually interested Scott was sure of that. He waited until he was sure the young man was far enough from the Captain, then slid into the stool beside Kynthia, picking a drink off a server's tray as she brushed past.

"You gotta tail Captain," he murmured loud enough for her ears only "8 O'clock, blue shirt black jacket, not armed... as near as I figure." He didn't look up at her or acknowledge her at all but looked as her reflection  in the bottles behind the bar.

<<tag Tavey>>

Scott nodded and slid off the stool melting into the crowd of patrons with an affected swagger of inebriation, as Lu returned to update Kynthia on what the woman had said.
TheGaffTApe
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Postby Tavey » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:48 pm

"You gotta tail Captain," he murmured loud enough for her ears only "8 O'clock, blue shirt black jacket, not armed... as near as I figure." He didn't look up at her or acknowledge her at all but looked as her reflection in the bottles behind the bar.

Kynthia barely moved, but her eyes sharpened suddenly in the manner of those used to danger in so many of its forms. One of her hands rose to touch the edge of a twisted ugly scar that barely showed under the edge of her hair, followed by her raking her fingers through her tresses as if that had been the plan all along.

Her eyes flickered across the reflections to see if she could spot the man that Scott had mentioned. She took a sip of her drink.

"Find out who he is." She murmured, in the same tone as Scott had used earlier. "Something is up with this girl and he might have information."

Scott nodded and slid off the stool melting into the crowd of patrons with an affected swagger of inebriation, as Lu returned to update Kynthia on what the woman had said.

Lu's words sank into Kynthia like a stone. Married. That explained so much.. like the boy that Scott was going to be finding out some information on.

"Zhe Shi Shenme ian donxi!" She swore. "Belladonna humped us but good."

She moved a little closer to Lu. "I'm thinking that kid that Scott is having a closer look at is the husband. An' he's got some kind of ring goin' on. This ain't good Lu."

TAGs

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Lu sank into the seat next to Kynthia and nodded, "When I heard what the lady said, I was hoping she was wrong. But she seemed to know that the girl was hiding from something." She ordered a drink and downed it quickly. "Looks like it could possibly be...he looks nervous too." She let her eyes follow the kid but didn't make it obvious.

"We can't go back to Belladonna empty handed. But there is no way she didn't know this was possible. And she'll be wanting another check in soon from me. Can't go tellin' her that the girl is married, just don't work that way. I been workin' random jobs for her before you guys showed up...if it don't go right, she ain't happy."

The kid seemed to be skirting the edges of the bar, a lot on his mind. It wasn't often that there was someone who seemed this nervous, and only when they got there. He was sitting at the bar originally. Something wasn't right with that kid...

Tags
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:08 am

Addy had been watching the situation and saw the kid. He seemed really really nervous. He noticed the Captain and pilot eyeing him and decided to be more than just an observer. He moved along the edge of the bar until he was just behind and to the left of the kid. He dropped his hand to his pistol and placed the other on the kids shoulder. "Lets have a chat, maybe out back." He said it so that only the kid heard.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby TheGaffTApe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:58 am

Scott was ready to make his move. He stumbled drunkenly toward the young man. It was an old trick. One he and Gerry had used time and time again on Lilac. No one questioned a friendly drunk. What harm could a harmless drunk do? By the time you brush off his overly affectionate conversation, you're short your bill-clip, time piece, maybe the shirt off your back if you weren't careful. 

"BOBBY!" he sputtered "BOBBY! It's meeeee! How the zaogao are you, you LUIMANG?"

Before the nervous young man realized Scott was talking to him, a hand dropped onto his shoulder, and Addy stepped out of the shadow of the wall. The young man froze, eyes widening, mouth opening and closing like a fish pulled from the murky depths. His back arched as the unforgiving steel of Addy's pistol nuzzled against his spine.

Scott stumbled past and draped an arm across a nearby patron who was sure to have otherwise noticed the broad daylight kidnapping happening next to him. "HOW THE XIONGMAO NIAO HAVE YOU BEEN, YOU LIUMANG!" he howled, drawing the gaze of others.

'Zhe shi shenme lan dongxi! What on the worlds did that mad mani think he was doing?' Scott thought fuming. 'Grabbing the boy in front of god and everyone? Even if no one stopped them someone was bound to talk!'

"Ni qu si? I don't have any idea who you are!" the hapless patron asserted, throwing Scott off of him. "Keep your bloody hands off of me!" Scott let himself be pushed back, knocking a few glasses over in the process, causing more yells and drawing more attention as Addy and the young man slipped, quite forgotten out the back.
TheGaffTApe
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Postby Tavey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:13 pm

"Hey.. what are you doing?" protested the young man as he was taken out of the Bar. "I... I don't know nuffin'!"

TAG - Addy, Scot

Kynthia finished her drink and jerked her head towards the door. She hoped Lu was close behind her as she left the nice warm and dry building and went outside into the pouring rain.

"This had better be worth it." she muttered as she felt a finger of icy cold water drip inside her coat and down her neck.

TAGs

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Pulling her coat up around her, Lu mumbled as she came out of the bar, "We have to go out in this, I sure hope that it is." She shivered as the rain hit her head before she could put up her hood. "Rain...it had to be rain. Freezing cold rain, couldn't be warm out."

She tried to look out through the storm, but couldn't see anything but a rain soaked road. "I hope Addy and Scot get something out of that kid."

Tags
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:37 am

Ethan's eyes were wide and terrified as he looked at the man who had taken him out of the bar.

"Please.. I don't know anything.." His voice cracked with fear as he spoke.

Kynthia arrived shortly afterwards, muttering about the rain dripping into her coat and how irritated she was getting with the whole process. However, once she was with the group, she stood with her legs braces and her arms folded across her chest, hair plastered against her face.

"Who are you?" she asked, quietly.

"M' names Ethan. I heard you was looking for Aimee my wife." He replied, still frozen against the wall where Addy had pinned him.

"Wife? And when did that particular event take place?"

"About two weeks ago Miss."

Kynthia was stunned. This put the wrinkle to bend the Verse into Belladonnas plans. She looked at the others and threw her hands into the air.

"Wang ba. We're humped. Where do you live and is the girl there?" She strode up to the young man, practically jabbing him in the face with her finger. "Do you have any idea who's comin' after your girl? Come on. Move!"

TAG - all.

They followed Ethan to a small building that housed several families by the looks of it. The chatter of children and people filled the place just as much as the smell of cooking cabbage. Kynthia didn't know what it was about apartment buildings, but they all seemed to have the same stench.

Aimee opened the door as soon as they arrived, the smile on her face vanishing as four strangers walked into her home.

"What's going on?" she wanted to know, standing closer to Ethan than not. "Who are you?"

"We were sent by your Father, via Belladonna to come pick you up for your arranged marriage. And now, thanks to some fallin' in love that's happened around here, we ain't gonna be able to finish that, less you want to be gettin' divorced an' all."

TAG - all .

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby morrigan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:48 pm

The rain dripped in the most irritating manner it could and certainly did not help the overall mood of the woman who had tracked The Monarch through one major refit, several repairs, two Captains and a whole new ship. Reaver bait, at that. Morrigan was not all that impressed, amused or willing to listen to reason when she finally caught up with her quarry.

She placed her empty glass down on the surface of the bar and swung around to look out of the door at the small group of people hurrying away.

"Gotcha." She murmured and got up to follow them.

She did the best that she could to blend into the surroundings. All things considered. Like the fact that she had wings tattooed on the nape of her neck that curved around the back of her shaven head. She pulled her hat a little lower and wrapped a tattered piece of fabric around her neck to keep the rain out. She walked out of the bar, and into the storm just as a smash of thunder tore the steady patter into shreds.

"Brilliant. Washes away the blood."
morrigan
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Postby TheGaffTApe » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 pm

"...less you want to be gettin' divorced an'd all." Kynthia finnished and Scott tried verry hard not to stare at her incredulously. He had assumed that she would have given up once they learned that the girl they were looking for had been married but Kynthia showed no sign that she was going to let the matter drop so easily. He was standing in the back of the group behind and between Ethan and Lu. He new better than to stand near Addy, anyone who wore a sword and gun so casually was probably shot at just as often as he were doing the shooting. Scott had no intention of being so close to a lanky walking target especially since Addy very living presence showed that he was more oft than not missed.

The diminutive thief glanced nervously around the apartment. His eyes lingered on the points of ingress, the multiple windows, the the door to another room - half closed and dark beyond the threshold-, then back to the door they had entered from. It was still open wide and he scurried to close it, being sure to slide the deadbolt but not attach the chain. No threat would come up behind them, but they could still escape this way if need be. 

A conversation droned behind him between surprised young couple and the Monarch's people but Scott tuned it out he didn't much care one way or the other about their job or the girl. Something had gotten his hackles up, something he had seen but not noticed, and now it was starting to creep from his unconsciousness teasingly. Somehow, he knew but not how or why, trouble was a foot. Chewed his lower lip and wrapped his arms around his lean frame as he pondered his gut feeling.    
TheGaffTApe
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Postby popcornman » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Addy watched and wondered what would happen next. The woman was married. Belladonna would be pissed, they would all be dead. He wondered what that would be like. The being dead. The woman was nice enough and pretty enough but he wondered if he was she was worth being dead. "What do we do now?" Addy asked the captain.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Kynthia shook her head.

"There's gotta be a way out of this." She said to nobody in particular.

"There is. You go away and say you never saw me. Us. Here." Replied Aimee, her voice shaking with anger and frustration. "Leave. You don't need to be here."

Ky barely turned. Her face barely changed. But her eyes suddenly became cold. It was obvious that at one time, she'd been something other than a captain of a freight ship, trawling for jobs in the outer edges of the Verse.

"You ain't got no idea about who is coming do you?" she said. "Belladonna makes The Rodent Brothers look easy pickin'. Makes Niska seem like a nice old gent what we want to have tea with. Belladonna used to run the Network. The Alliance's underbelly. For all's I know, she still does and we can't be running bad of her or we all die."

Aimee staggered backwards and sat down heavily in a chair, her face ashen with the news that she had just heard. Kynthia didn't stop.

"We were hired to be bringin' you back to your papa so you can be marryin' whoever it is he's chosen for you. Whatever man paid the biggest price. He ain't goin' to stop jus' because you decided to get some love in your heart."

Ethan stepped to rest a hand upon Aimee's shoulder. "I love her. I ain't afraid."

Kynthia looked at the others in the room. "Any ideas, I am well willin' to listen to them. If she had a twin what we could send in her place would be good, but that ain't likely."

TAG - all.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch