Violet Mine

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Violet Mine

Postby Tavey » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:49 am

The Monarch arrived at Lilac in remarkably good time, considering that they'd drifted for one day while the engine boys and girls traced a short in the cables. Also considering that Kynthia decided it was time to let them know that they weren't actually going to the more or less deserted moon of Violet after all, but the busier and better known Lilac. Oh the joys of secret handshakes and obscure references to throw off the scent.

Kynthia wasn't amused by the latter.. it added two days travel to their time.

The busy little moon was, as always bustling away with ships and transports. Kynthia sighed as she motioned for Lu to set them down, avoiding people, tornados and sudden gusts of wind that tipped them over, if you please. She wanted to get a feel for the locale before they went storming into whatever residence this girl had been stashed in. She also wanted to find out if they were going to be chased by jealous lovers or the like afterwards. There was something about how Belladonna had presented it to her that wasn't exactly sitting well.

The Monarch landed gently in her assigned spot. Kynthia toggled the intercom for the ship.

"Heyas all, we're here. Any what is planning on getting off at this stop, please make sure you're all settled up afore you leave the ship. Them what is staying onboard, plan on us being here for about a day, so any shopping and what not you want to be doing, now is the time. The locals are nice enough, they don't so much eat folks these days. Last Reaver action out here was about three years ago."

There, that should do it.

TAG - all

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Violet Mine

Postby Kris » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Lu chuckled softly to herself as Kynthia mentioned that there hadn't been any Reaver action in the last three years. It didn't really seem to make a difference in what the guests were thinking though, because any mention of Reaver activity to those who hadn't experienced it was more of a shock than anything else. Then again, some still didn't believe they were real, no matter what had been told to them.

"'An if you're going to be coming back well...make sure you keep checking when we are departing. No promises we'll keep the same time. We may end up jumping out of here in a hurry and changing out departure time. And we can leave without you and without leaving your belongings for you."

She smiled as the others seemed to leave down the ramp and she sighed to herself, This is going to be a long trip she thought as the communicator in her pocket that had come from Belladonna went off. Shaking her head, she went off to a corner of the room before she went to see what was going on.

It was a recorded message from Belladonna, and she wasn't too keen on hearing what it had to say.

Lucille, forgot to tell you there is a tracker in this thing, didn't I? Oh well, I know you guys are on Lilac. You better do the mission and report back to me. I haven't heard a single report out of you yet about how it is going. Keep me informed of what Kynthia is doing. Oh, and your son and Gavyn are safe here with me. They never left. Kynthia knows the mission, and what happens if she doesn't get it done.

The communication cut there and Lu grumbled, "She's tracking where I'm at...that's just great." Stuffing the communicator back in her pocket, she went out and put in their departure time so that everyone knew their expected time. As she'd told everyone else, it wasn't a for sure time.

Once that was done, she looked back at Kynthia and let her know that Belladonna was tracking her. They had to get the mission sorted out.

Tags: All

((OOC: Tavey's laptop crashed on her so she is LOA for a few days. Let's keep the story going folks!))
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:44 am

A tall and elegant figure watched from the gangway that connected the cargo bay to the upper section of the ship and the shuttle hatches, as Kynthia stood with Lu at the top of the ramp. He needed to know if she planned on taking them to Violet at all. He didn't like being lied too, yet he could tell that something was up. Patience was a virtue after all. So he'd wait and see what was going on before deciding if it was time to leave.

Gulliver strode down the gangway and into the cargo bay, at a leisurely pace. He stopped next to the good Captain and Lu.
"I think I'll take a short shopping trip if you're sure they wont eat me." He said with a friend grin, that rarely seemed to leave his face. "When you return Captain, I'd appreciate it if you could spare me a few minutes." Gulliver tipped his head slightly to them as he touched his temple with his right hand, a simple gesture of farewell, before strolling down the ramp himself.
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Where would we be without Kuruma..?

Active
- Fred BJ Black (Torchwood Ten)
- "Black Scar" (Dragon Squadron, FL)

Forgotten
- Leiutenant Commander Kurayami Sennai / SW-142
- Black / Kageashi / SW-193
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby popcornman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:12 am

Addy looked down from his perch in the cargo bay. He had not decided if he was going to leave the ship for just guard the door and help out with the any repairs that needed to be done, maybe even make something nice so there would be a hot meal when they get back or be back up, just in case... well just in case. He watched as one of the passengers, the Captain and Lu walk into the cargo bay. "If you need anything, I'll be here, Ky, holding down the fort." He still was not completely comfortable calling her that but her did not seem to mind. That statement also made his decision. He tapped his pistol on his leg. Thats, that he thought as he jumped up.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

Commander Rory Shannon - XO USS Pegasus, Into the Breach - Retired
popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Galifestus » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:44 am

Bug quietly went about his duties, cleaning up the ship and being present to help with meals. He even lent a hand in the engine room, as far as tightening a connection here and there and cleaning up the detritus of Shoddy's noble efforts.

The air of Lilac was good air, the plant life having taken hold quite well in the terraforming. Not like the hot dry dusty air in some little moons, nor the heavy damp of some of the larger planets. It had, as it were, hit the pocket on this moon, and Bug was quick to take advantage by changing the filters and drawing as much as possible of the good air into the ship's life support holding tanks. The old filters were soon arranged on the ramp to dry after having been thoroughly reconditioned and washed out. As bug was setting down the filter, he looked around and saw that he was not the only one to apreciate the air of Lilac. Several of the other ships were performing operations similar to his own.

As he looked about he hardly noticed the small transport dropping into the downs among the other traffic. It seemed that here, not an hour went by without an arrival or noisy departure. At the moment a giant Agricon Transport with its cargo of fresh foodstuffs was winding up its masive engines to lift, seeming impatient for the little Skybus 850 to drop and get out of the right of way. You could barely hear the bus's engines ofver the whine of the Agrie.

Then a shamble of rags hobbled past Bug in as close to an aproximation to a strut as the old creature could manage (not very near at all). "Don't leave without me, my boy!" called the genial old man as he disapeared into the shanty town of the downs.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:26 pm

(( I'm back.. sorry about that. Had to get a new hard drive in my laptop.))

Kynthia checked the information she had been given on the girls location and grimaced. They'd be visiting another old friend while here, it seemed. She nodded absently to Gulliver as he left. "He don't look happy." she commented to Lu as he strode away. She barely noticed a scruffy urchin detach from the inevitable group of kids that always seemed to hover around most shipyards. The kid seemed to melt into the crowds, sort of following Gulliver, yet not all at the same time. Kynthia shrugged.

"Lu, why don't you take someone or two who wants to get a visit out of the ship and head over to Lady Cinnamon's house? If the kid is a companion, she'll know." She suggested with a grin. Lady Cinnamon was an elegant, well bred woman who ran a modest, but well appointed companion house that was about half an hours travel by mule from where the Monarch was parked.

TAG - Lu

"As for me, I'll take whoever is left an' head down to Jory's bar. See if he knows anything. Meet back here at nightfall. No later. "

TAG - Lu.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:56 am

Lu raised an eyebrow, "Lady Cinnamon? There's a name I haven't heard in a long time." She glanced around to see who was left as she went to get the mule ready, "Anyone wanting to go on a ride?"

She really hoped that the girl wasn't a companion, because that always made jobs harder and a lot more interesting. "Nightfall? Hope we don't get caught up in anything while we are out."

Tags: Anyone wanting to go for a ride
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Hitchhiker

Postby Azaria » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:57 am

Debbie stepped out of the room that had been her home for the past week - a sparcely decorated bedroom with dusty, flower printed curtains to cut the glare of the holosign across the street. She sighed as she slung her kit bag over her shoulder and shut the door as tightly as the warped frame would allow.
On her way out of the boarding house she tossed the keys to the elderly man behind the registration desk.

"Wǒ xiànzài líkāi, zǔfù," she informed him, "I'm off to find a ride off of this rock."

"Very good, very good. You come back whenever, miss."

Debbie laughed, "I certainly hope not, grandpa. I'm thinking after this next trip I might just head for home."

"Oh, and miss all of this?" he gestured out the window at the tumbleweed blowing past and the stray dog chasing after it. "Where is home, miss?"

"New Melbourne, grandpa. Now don't start flirting with me again, or I'll be liable to stay and miss all the good flights." She winked at the old man, "you take care, tongyi ma?"

The old man waved as she left, stepping into the dusty street. She quickly pulled down her goggles and wrapped her scarf over her mouth and nose. 'After two years of this,' she thought morosely, 'you'd think I'd have gotten used to the dust by now.' She wrinkled her nose as she felt dust on her tounge.
The goggles and scarf did wonders for hiding her face - not that she really needed to - but they did tip off the observant to the fact she had grown up someplace where you didn't have to get used to the dust... which wasn't always a great thing to have people knowing.

Debbie shook her head, remembering her first day stranded on Regina - a lone 22 year old in Home Forces blues. That did not go well. She had to find out the hard way that the best colour to wear out on the frontier worlds was decidedly not blue. She glanced down at the outfit she wore now - a mishmash of colours and patterns, faded and well worn. She shrugged, thinking what some of her socialite school chums would say about the baggy mauve harem pants, tight green vest and long grey jacket she wore now. Meh, she pushed the thoughts out of her head, at least they're comfortable.

Squinting in the morning light, Debbie looked towards the docking yard near the outskirts of the city.
A few new ships had arrived overnight, and with any luck one of them would be taking on new passengers or crew.
Debbie hoped for crew - her savings were dwindling, and she didn't want to have to contact her mother to send her money. That would not only earn her a tounglashing, but the requirement that she use the money for a flight home.
While home wouldn't be a bad idea, there were still a few planets and moons Debbie hadn't been to yet...

As she neared the dockyard, dodging pedestrians and rhinos alike, four new ships came into view.
A Coromax 58, two Bridgemen - and 05 and a very shiny 12- and a lone Firefly.
Again, Debbie wrinkled her nose, though not from the dust.
Ever since the Miranda scandal, Debbie had been nervous around the now infamous class of ship. It had been a firefly that carried the ex-Browncoats to the failed planet and back again, releasing horrific information that invariably lead to her being posted to the worst base in the 'verse - Itla.

Shaking her head, and shaking off the hand that was trying to pick her pocket, Debbie strode confidantly towards the Cormax 58.

"Chuánbó, zhè shì zěnme huí shì?"

tag

Also (previously):
Lt. Livinia 'Liv' Andronicus - USS POTEMKIN. . . Chief Ruth Eisenhower - USS ENDEAVOUR. . .Regan & Maarika - USS HORIZON. . . And many more...
Azaria
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Kynthia stepped off The Monarch with a sigh. Planetside air was always nicer than the ship recycled air could ever be. She missed certain scents.. and not so much the others that suddenly reminded themselves rather sharply in a cloud of exhaust from a passing mule. She looked around at the folk nearby. A couple of other ships had arrived and were obviously looking for passengers. She shrugged. There'd be time for passengers once she'd found out the information that she needed to get from Jory.

She grinned at Bug, however, and asked him to keep an eye on the Old Girl as much as he could. "An' if you get a chance to pick up a passenger or two, now's a good time to be thinkin' on that. Be nice to have a full house."

TAG - Bug.

She walked away through the crowds, having made sure that her crew knew where to find her, if they wanted to. She wondered briefly where the new passenger had gone, but then allowed that to drift from her mind. It was indeed a beautiful day.

As Debbie walked over to the Cormax 58, a greasy looking man looked up from the battered book that he was reading. "Yeah?" he muttered, eyeing her up and down with a not-too hidden leer.

"We got space if you're looking for somewhere to bunk. Course, you'll be expected to pitch in and help out. We fly in two days. "

TAG - Debbie.

Lu headed to Lady Cinnamon's. The house was, as always, shuttered up against the outside sun at this time of day. Cinnamon herself opened the door with a smile. "Well well, Lucille. How the hell are ya an' what are ya doin' on this here mudball?" She asked, opening the door wider and ushering Lu into the dark (and cool) interior.

"We got us some nice tea in yesterday. Ain't too musty. So, you still flyin' that old rustheap?"

TAG - Lu.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:45 am

In reply to the order, Bug put up a very servicable salute and then sat down among the drying filters to wait. He was very much enjoying the parade of humanity that walked skulked and drove past the gaping maw of the little vessel. A few clouds scuttled across the sky, but the weather was nice.

Bug was almost at the point of dozing when a youngish couple aproached the ship. A young man and woman, both looking moderately well to do, and the look of desperate love for each other in their faces-- the man looked at Bug and asked for the person in charge of signing on passengers. When the boy replied that this was his own duty, the man nodded once and began to ask questions about time of departure, price and ammenities. It was not long before the boy had pocketed the down payment and was showing the handsome couple inside to the best of the rooms remaining unoccupied. They were rather obviously unimpressed, but visibly steeled themselves for the ordeal and began to settle in.

Bug had not returned to his post on the ramp for long before he was again aproached, this time by a woman of indeterminate age in a nun's habbit. She was pleased to take the humblest of the remaining accomidations, and paid in full up front.

By then the filters were dry and smelled of good Lilac air, so he began to put them away. On coming back for the fourth pile, he was accosted by a half dozen uniformed men and was roughly shown a picture or two which he said he could not identify. With loud grumbles the men in their private army uniforms of dark brilliant green strode off to annoy some other ship's crew.

Bug was turning from watching them go when he collided with some force against the rapidly moving palm of a burly vaguely familiar looking man. Bug fell to the ground and curled into a ball as the man first struck and then kicked repeatedly and hard, grunting with the effort he was putting into the merciless thrashing.

(tags)
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:14 am

Gulliver was enjoying a new place to visit. Not as nice as one of them core worlds, yet still it had a comfortable appeal to it. Even if it was a little dusty. He'd found a quaint little shop, that tried to sell all sorts of cheap trinkets, which of course we're over priced. Still, he did enjoy looking at the trinkets, and he could always come across a hidden gem. Yet it didn't look like he'd be so lucky this time. A shame really. He stepped back out into the street, wondering if he could find somewhere to grab a bit to eat.
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Active

Forgotten
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby popcornman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Addy was back at his post above the entrance of the ship. He had run to his bunk and came back with a bottle of whiskey and his violin. He watched the ramp for a moment. Then he took a swig. He glanced around noticed Bug. "Mister Bug... if you need me for something..." He suddenly had a change of heart. He grabbed his violin and bottle and sundered down to the cargo bay proper. He grabbed a chair and placed it just out of plain sight of the ramp while being able to observe the ramp and the area around. "Hey, if you need me... I'll be here." He lifted his violin and began to play. As he played he wondered what he could do instead of sitting on a chair playing and making sure no one gets on the ship without his knowledge.

tag bug
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Galifestus » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:11 pm

"ow," the boy said as he was getting the living beshmodle beat out of him.

(tag? )
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:27 am

Sherry, a young companion, was walking past the shipyards when she heard a child cry out in pain. She touched the arm of the man she was walking with, tugging slightly.

"We have to go and see what is happening. This way I think." She said, urgently. Jonothan smiled indulgently at the young lady and hurried after her as she ducked between cargo and mules, the crimson and gold fabric of her skirt swirling around her delicate ankles. He was quite enamoured of the lady, even if she was a companion and therefore only his for the short time that he was able to book her.

Sherry finally tracked the sound down to a small firefly parked not far away. "Oh no!" she cried as she saw the small lad being beaten.

With a rush of energy, she grabbed the arm of the man who was doing the beating and held onto it. "Stop that immediately!" she ordered.

"He ain't no business of yourn." snarled the brutish oaf, "He's jus' a slave."

"There is no such thing as just a slave. He is a human being!" Sherry's voice was beginning to sound terribly upset as she was shaken off. Jonothan decided that enough was enough. He stepped between the sobbing young man on the floor and the other.

"Let the child go." Jonothan said sternly, opening his ID and flashing it. "He's now under my protection."

Sherry knelt beside Bug, her hands gentle as she tried to find out if he was alright or not.

With a growl of pure anger, and not a little fear, the person who had accosted Bug turned and ran away.

TAG - Bug
TAG - anyone on the ship.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Bug had been on the streets for some time before being seized by the dragnet and put into servitude, so among his skills were the inestimably handy technique of not taking too much real damage from the worst of beatings. One eye was already swolen shut, and there were several of his ribs that had unplanned joints, now, but the boy was alive and almost awake as the vision of lovely curls of hair and golden folds of fabric and eyes that drew you in drifted in and out of the vision of the one good eye he had left.

"R you un angel?" he asked in a voice little above a whisper.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Kris » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:36 am

Lu smiled as she saw Lady Cinnamon at the door. She was ushered inside before she could answer the first questions that were asked. Once she felth the cool air inside she grinned and finally got a chance to speak.

"I'm doin' alright, can't complain too much. As for what I'm doing here, I'm actually looking for information on a girl we're to be picking up here. Some of what we've heard is the girl might be a companion. Figured you might be the best person to ask about that."

She took a cup of tea and drank a bit of it before answering the last bit of Lady Cinnamon's questions, "I am still flying the ship, yeah. But it is a new one somewhat, we had to replace the ship. I was gone about a year. Had a kid and lost a husband. It's complicated. Maybe another time."

Lady Cinnamon nodded and took her own sip of tea before continuing with more questions, "Maybe I do know the girl, what's her name?"

Lu took a second before she could remember the name, "Girl's name is Aimee Mao."

Tag - Lady Cinnamon
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Sherry smiled gently as she helped the lad to his feet. "An angel?" she asked in a teasing tone of the man standing with her. Jonothan offered a large white square of fabric to her as he considered her words.

"Oh I don't know, sometimes I think you've taken me to heaven." He replied. "But this young chap here. Where are you from lad? Who can we get to help?"

TAG - Addy??
TAG - Bug

Sherry cleaned off Bug's face and tutted over his wounds. "Nasty beating there." she murmured. "Come on, we'll take care of it."

TAG - Bug.

-----

Lady Cinnamon sat back in her chair. "Mao?" she asked, thinking it through. "They're on a compound a ways North of the city. She hasn't been seen in some time. Are the rumours true then? She's to be married?"

TAG Lu

Cinnamon shook her head. "That's not going to work well. She's got a love from what I am told. Young lad from a nearby farm. Not the same station in life you understand. She might try to make a run for it."

TAGs

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:22 am

Lu nodded behind her cup of tea as she listened to Lady Cinnamon, "That's the word that we got. We're to take her back with us." She put her cup of tea down when she heard that the girl had a love and may try to run. "Not what I was hoping to hear from ya. At least we know where she might be, that's more than we came here with. Gimme a second, gotta ask Kynthia about something."

She walked towards an empty part of the room and tapped on the communicator in her ear, "Kynthia, we may have a problem. Know where the girl is, but our plan to get her may not go as smoothly as we'd like. We're goin' to wanna move fast."

Tag-Kynthia
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:53 pm

Addy was mid-song when he heard a pop. In that one moment his life flash before his eyes. His eyes glazed over for a moment as his childhood, the betrayal, when he became a murderer, and the time since ran chronologically like a movie in his head. The last to two years of running, hiding, drinking, fleeing, and scared. He shook his head for a moment and looked at the source of everything... the little pop that had seemed to echo through his soul. The E string on the violin that had been his source of peace his hiding spot from the verse had just snapped. He set down the violin with care as if it was a foreign object that needed to be handled with care for fear of further damaging the object.

He rose to his full height for the first time in a long time. He glanced around and shook his head. In the moment, the decision was made for him with the snap of that string. He was no longer running, he was no longer going to hide in behind anything he was going back to living again. He looked around and saw Bug, a man, and a woman he did not know. He walked down the ramp in full view of everyone. His demeanor changed as he saw the state of the boy.

I was right there, I could have done something... but I was too scared, too self absorbed, too lost inside, too... It will never happen again. he thought as he approached the three a lump forming in his throat and a tear forming in his eye. He almost knelt as he approached but instead lowered to Bugs level. "I am sorry, Bug, what happened?"

Tag Fess, Tavey
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Azaria » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Debbie watched the tussel from where she stood, discretely inspecting the ship's hull and watching its crew.
Several members of the ship's crew went to the boy's aid... something that impressed her. Most people, even on the more 'civilized' planets, wouldn't have bothered to get their hands bloodied to help another out.
Debbie paused, especially on the 'civilized' planets, now that she thought about it.

While some things had changed since the Miranda scandal, much of the core worlds' society and view of the lower classes hadn't changed a bit. The rim worlds had... though not nessicarily for the better. Open rebellion was brewing on Xai Xai, and according to the wave she'd recieved from an old friend from basic training, troops were being sent to Versailles. Granted, Mika had said that it was to quell a cult that had shown up there attempting to recreate the 'Pax', but that just sounded like a coverup to Debbie. She'd survived a 'Tectonic Event' on Newhall - at least that was the coverstory for the destruction of the Alliance garrison and science labs on the small moon.
Not that she could share that story with Mika - inspite her now jaded view of the Alliance, Debbie still felt bound by the vow she'd made to never speak of the incident.

She shook her head, clearing out the cobwebs, as she turned her attention back to the Firefly, the dispersing crowd of gawkers, and the small huddle of people they'd been formerly gawking at. A new male had joined the group looking quite distraught. The boy's father? She wondered, or just someone else trying to claim him?

Moving slowly, Debbie moved closer in, peeking further into the Firefly's cargo hold. Crates, personal baggage, and what looked to be an entirely dissasembled bicycle. Well, she thought, if I'm going to get off of this rock a Firely isn't the worst thing I could leave it in...

"Anyone else here," she called into the ship's hold. "Any space left?"

taggles all

Also (previously):
Lt. Livinia 'Liv' Andronicus - USS POTEMKIN. . . Chief Ruth Eisenhower - USS ENDEAVOUR. . .Regan & Maarika - USS HORIZON. . . And many more...
Azaria
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:36 am

The boy struggled to his feet with some help and not a little hinderance from the several people gathered to assist him. His face was bruised badly and a little trickle of blood fell from his nose and a cut on his lip. One eye was visibly swelling shut and he could not quite stand straight, one arm clamped around his ribcage. He staggered forward a step or two.

"Ma'am, you're in luck. --No I'm awright.-- We have one stateroom left. Right this way, very reasonable terms." He turned and indicated the back of the cargo bay where almost all Firefly transports had their doors to the passenger cabins, and then he took two steps up the ramp and colapsed.

Tagyaback
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Kynthia paused mid drink and scowled at the small communications device that she had clipped to her belt. She tugged it off and raised it to her mouth.

"What do you mean, problem? Don't tell me that the kid is pregnant or something equally hard to hide."

TAG - Lu

She listened to the reply and sighed. Then swigged back the rest of her drink in one smooth move.

"Right, I'm on the way. Meet you at the ship and you can fill me in properly. Let Cinnamon know that I appreciate the help and we'll be getting her some fresh fruit on the next run."

She slapped a couple of coins on the counter, nodded at the barman and headed out into the throng outside.

Problems. Wonderful. Just bloody wonderful. Damn, if this didn't work out, they'd be pooched.

She hurried back to the ship, dodging slight fingers and hawkers screaming about their wares. Belladonna wasn't going to be happy if the goods were damaged in any way. And that included virginity, sad to say.

Back at the ship, Sherry smiled as she saw the lad helped by one of his crew. "Good." She smiled. Then stilled as a sudden thought crossed her mind.

"Jonothan darling, you did have that cargo that needed moving, didn't you? Maybe this would be an excellent ship to send it on. What do you think?" She rested a delicate hand on the arm of the well dressed man with her, gazing into his eyes with a warmth that could only come from years of training. He knew it, but still reacted to it with enjoyment. For now, she was all his.

"I shall consider it my dear. Now, if the young lad is taken care of, we shall be able to enjoy that dinner date we had planned. Come along."

TAG - everyone at the ship.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Gulliver was getting bored of sightseeing in the town. He was getting that itch to hold a book between his hands. Well he was sure he could find somewhere quiet to sit in the sun and read. Which meant going back to the ship, and retrieving one of his rare books, that he liked to hide for safe keeping. Apart from the dust flying around, it promised to be warm and not to uncomfortable.

With his mind set, he made his way back to the where the Monarch was. He paused once he saw the crowd around the entrance to the cargo bay. He hesitated for a mere fraction of a second, before walking up to it. He arrived in time to watch the young lad, collapse.
"Oh my," Gulliver said, as he squeezed between the crowd.

He spotted a familiar face from the crew hovering around the boy.
"What happened?" He asked, and he knelt and checked for a pulse.

Tag - Addy

Active

Forgotten
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Kris » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Tapping the communicator on her ear, Lu knew she had to get herself back to the ship. Stepping over to Lady Cinnamon, she gave a soft smile, "Thanks for the information, I've gotta get back to talk to Kynthia about this. If you do see the girl, don't tip her off."

Lady Cinnamon nodded and led Lu back to the door, "Don't be a stranger around here, lady." Lu grinned, "Be expectin' some fresh fruit from us soon."

After exchanging a hug, she rushed off to the Monarch. The half hour ride seemed to take even longer when she really wanted to get back.

TIME BEND

It was dark...well...as dark as the area could be. But quiet was something outside the ship wasn't. The night life was in full swing it seemed. On board the Monarch, it was rather quiet...except in the dining area. Lu had gotten back and was planning with Kynthia on how to get the girl...it wasn't going well.

"How can we force her to come with us, she's got someone. Besides, she most likely knows there is an arranged marriage waiting for her. This isn't fair of Belladonna to ask this of us."

Tag- Kynthia, everyone else be back on board!

HIDDEN AWAY

Aimee Mao stared at the sky. She'd seen quite a few ships come and go that day, not that any of this was unusual. What was unusual was that she'd seen a Firefly class ship appear, which meant either someone just needed repairs and supplies, or the crew was on a job.

The stars glistened...far away from the main town the excitement of the night could still be heard. No one...at least the girl thought...knew that she was out here. That was except the one she was hiding with, Ethan Aitker.

A shadow appeared at the doorway of the tiny hut that they were calling home, "What're you thinking about out here at this hour, Aimee?" came the voice of Ethan.

The girl jumped slightly, being shaken from her thoughts, and turned to see the man at the doorway, "Just thinking about the ships that have come and gone tonight is all. Nothing to worry about." She got up to join him inside for the rest of the night. She was still worried...maybe someone was there to take her back home...
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:58 am

Addy froze for a moment at the mass gathering. He wanted the man or woman that he done this to Bug. He heard voices talking but his head was spinning with everything. He looked at Bug again who was talking to a stranger and then collapsed on the ramp. He was had his side in three long strides. He was still scan for someone what would have done this to a child. The passenger was there, Gulliver. "Beat up," he managed to say.

Tag Gulliver

His face was cold and he was .... he shook his head and everything changed. A young woman was asking about passage, the companion was leaving with her date. "We do have room if you have cashy."

Tag Debbie

Then he turn to the crowd. "Nothing to see here, move along." With that he turn back to the young one with collapsed on the ramp. He carefully picked him up, he had not seen the new medic in a while and without thinking for a moment, he motioned the woman inside as well as Gulliver.

Tags Gulliver, Debbie

He then moved off to as a brisk pace with bug clutched to his chest. He was no medic but he knew enough if needed. "Zhumei... Where in the Verse are you?" He called his voice filling the cargo bay.

Tag Zhumei

Tags anyone else on the ship
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Next

Return to Firefly: Monarch