A Dandelion Floating In The Black.

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: A Dandelion Floating In The Black.

Postby popcornman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:46 am

Addy chose that moment to walk into the galley. He had seen the young thing in the infirmary working, but had been avoiding the possibly awkward confrontation. He had left the infirmary quietly first to the bridge then down to his bunk. He had changed into a comfortable pair of black pants, with a dark red button down shirt and a black vest a single button kept the front from hanging open. He looked at the two "new" crew members at for a moment. "Smells good." He made himself a bowl and sat down at the table. The world around disappeared as his focus became the bowl, the food in the bowl and the return of his never ending quest to figure out what his role on the ship would be. He sighed half on the inevitability of the question in his mind and the wonderful flavors in his mouth.

Tag anyone in the galley
SLA Personnel Chair

Commander Rory Shannon - XO USS Pegasus, Into the Breach - Retired
popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Lucasausems » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Maybe there's a drink that can't be drunk, maybe there's a song that can't sung, maybe there are things that can't be bought, maybe there's an idea that can't be thought. So hands up for love if you got some. Hands up for love if you got none. Stand up for love, that's everyone, cause there's a thousand ways to be loved! Because there is always a way for love!

How this train of thought passed through Zhumei's thoughts was a mystery, it was simply there, musing around in her brain like a happy dance. It was because of this, that Zhumei looked up extra excited when Addy entered the room. The poor man desperately searching for a purpose. Actually, in that respect, Zhumei and Addy weren't that much different. So, naturally, when Addy sighed his "I want attention!!!!" sigh, Zhumei was eager to give it to him.

"So, besides hair, what's on your mind?" She asked with a giggle.

Tag Addy

Dragon Squadron
Luke Helios
Pilot
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby Tavey » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Kynthia swung up the ladder from her quarters onto the main deck. She'd changed into a comfortable pair of loose trousers tied at the waist and a soft mans shirt. She walked into the galley and sniffed at the pot of rice on the warmer with appreciation. She opened the small locker that held her bowl and cutlery, then walked over to the pot. With a grin, she dished some out and turned to the rest of the room, while spooning some into her mouth.

She moved over to one of the chairs arranged at the table. While she ate, she thought about the job that they had been hired to do. With any luck the repairs and maintenance on the ship would be done quickly. She wanted away from Dandelion as fast as possible. Belladonna knew too much about her. Far, far too much for her comfort.

With half an ear she listened to the others banter. It felt good to have Lu on board again. Felt right to have her infectious spirit around.

"How's it feel to be back on a Monarch Lu?" she asked across the room, just as Shoddy entered. "We had to move the chair from the old Monarch onto this ship. The one here was.. well.. let's say that it were messy."

TAG - Lu.

She turned as Shoddy entered the lounge and grinned at Zhumei's question, "So, besides hair, what's on your mind?"

"Aye, share some then!" she added to Zhumei. "How soon are we to be off?"

TAG - Shoddy

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:15 am

Lu chuckled a bit at the fact that they had to move the chair over to this ship. "A messy chair, that doesn't sound pretty. And I will admit, that it is great to be back home."

She ate some more of the pork as she sat back listening to the others. As she started to dig into the rice, she knew that they would need her to help with the repairs. "You can put me wherever you are needing help. I just hope I can help without Belladonna spotting me...and speaking of...Kynth, needing to talk to you 'bout what Belladonna wanting me here for, more than pilot."

Tag-Kynthia
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:48 am

Addy looked up from his food and shook his head and stared at the girl. "I... was once again wondering where my misguided... " He just kinda trailed off glanced down for a moment then back up. He looked at her, really looked almost studied her. She was a funny little thing, he didn't know her at all, nor did he trust her but he almost gave personal information because she made everyone feel at ease. "If... is really really good, did you make this?"

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Mon May 02, 2011 12:10 am

(( Okay folks, going to move this along a little! ))

The rest of the meal was filled with lively conversation and no small amount of laughter. Tucked away in the busy maintenance yard, concealed by the other ships and the general commotion of such places was the perfect spot to hide from any who would be trying to follow them. It made for a sense of freedom that Kynthia wanted, quite fiercely. She was tired of running all the time. Seemed that no sooner they found a place to rest, than something happened that took that away from them.

She almost, note it was only almost, missed Silence. Leviathan.. not so much. But she did miss Chuy and his wisdom and humour.

Once the meal was finished and the dishes done, she decided to contact Belladonna to find out what was going on. The strange woman who ran the station seemed ill at ease. Abrupt even. Her face was tight with strain.

"Belladonna, don't be telling me that you're enjoying the labours of your servants quite so open-like." Kynthia joked, as soon as the screen cleared. "I'd hate to be interrupting you."

"Shut up and tell me what you want Execution, I've little time at the moment," snapped Belladonna, her mouth turned down sharply at the edges. "Besides, haven't you left yet for your little assignment. You know, the paying one that I hired you for?"

"If'n you want to make us leave so quickly, then maybe you'd be so kind as to send along some extra folks to work on the ship. Get us out in the black that much sooner." Kynthia could almost feel that they needed to get moving as soon as possible. "I don't want to keep that poor lass waiting no more than is necessary."

Belladonna waved her hand in irritation. The rings on her fingers glittered in the lights of her suite. "Go. Get off Dandelion. I've had enough of this. Besides, your ship was working well enough to get here. You've enough fuel to get moving. Shoo. Shoo I say! You have three hours to get on your way, or I will require you to give up the commission and also send back my pilot."

Kynthia nodded and snapped off the communication. That was a very different Belladonna than they had been dealing with until now. As soon as the screen was blank, Kynthia was on the move. She toggled the ship's comm.

"Listen up. We've got three hours to get off the station. Belladonna ain't a happy lady. Come on people. Get her ready and warmed up. We ain't got much time."

TAG - all.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Sat May 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Lu pulled herself out from under her bridge pannel when Kynthia made her announcement. "Kynth, I know why Belladonna is wanting us to leave so badly." She sighed as she pulled off her work gloves. "She is wanting me to 'keep an eye on you' so to speak. She don't know bout my history with you. Thinks I never met you and am just on a job. Once we leave, I got something to get destroyed."

SHe sat herself down in the seat she'd missed for so long. Why had so really left in the first place? To have a family, but this was her family. She looked back at Kynthia, "I'd never do that to you though..."
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Galifestus » Sat May 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Bug was a little cleaning machine, going throughout the ship, making everything spik and span. It was truely amazing how, in doing so, he stayed out of the way of any of the heavy repairs underway. Finally near the end of the time they had, he settled in the lounge couch with the take off straps loosely draped around him, ready to be tightened at take-off, reading his exciting adventurous comic book. As with many publications of the aliance, its pictures moved and changed, occasionally flashing with explosions. Embedded in all this was an amazingly complex conditioning program only effective on those subjects specially prepared for it. It was entirely self contained, but would on certain occasions, briefly uplink to the cortex on a super secret aliance channel to catch any update waves. It would only take a few seconds each time.

Even without his chip, or the tatoo that had been burned from his skin, he was every inch a slave.

tags (OOC been all dough headed with worry about the house situation, but should get better soon.)
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Lucasausems » Sun May 08, 2011 2:15 pm

After the meal Kynthia disappeared only to come back seemingly frustrated and with news that there was a lot of work to do. And while Zhumei understood the need for speed, she realised she couldn't really do anything if she didn't know what she was supposed to do. So she tiptoed towards Kynthia and asked the following: "I know you're busy, but since you've been sooooo kind to take me with you, I think I need something to do as well. I was speaking to Lu at dinner, and she suggested that you might need a medic?"

Tag Kynthia

Later on she came across Bug who was reading an Alliance comic with flashy moving pictures and stuff. For a while she was reading along behind his shoulder, 't was an exciting read about a crew on the run from the Alliance, with an Operative chasing them, and catching them in the end. She chuckled inwardly at the irony. Here she was, an Operative among a crew who she would betray to the Alliance some day.

Unaware to her knowledge (which was extensive) were the subtile conditioning programs penetrating her mind as she read the comic, putting thoughts and ideas into her head just as much as it did with Bug.
And there it was, her mission was clear. She knew what she had to do, and she never realized how she knew, or when she got to know it.

Because what she didn't know was that she was just as much an Alliance tool as Bug, and while trained to recognize, use and disrupt conditioning programs, she wasn't taught all of them, and she couldn't detect all of them, and, most certainly, was influenced just as much by them if the Alliance wanted her to.

Tag: Bug :-)

Dragon Squadron
Luke Helios
Pilot
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby popcornman » Sun May 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Addy had gone to his bunk after the meal was over. He cleaned the pistol have had only ever shot one person... it was aimed at. He was in awe of the power not firing but pointing it can have on the average person. He put it back in its home on his thigh. He was just passing the infirmary when the captain came over the loud speaker. He looked up at the speaker as if it was actually speaking to him. He walked up the stairs to the lounge but did not quite make the top step. He almost wore as he hit the deck with a crash. He slowly got up and continued to the bridge. "Captain, what can I do to help?"
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Sat May 28, 2011 7:57 am

Kynthia smiled at the young woman... what was her name again.. "Zuhmei? Zumi? Uhhh.. Zee?" She said hopeful that she was getting something nearly right. "Yeah, we could use a medic to patch us up an' through. We ain't got nobody as is able to take care of some of the wounds we get. That'd be shiny if you can help out some."

TAG - Zhumei.

She began to relax as the realisation that the ship would be just fine and they'd be getting away clean - and soon - filtered through the information that was in her brain. She wanted to get out into the black and on their way.

Her coffee cup slopped when Addy arrived. The thump of his mis-step made her jump some. "Oi!" Kynthia complained. "Coffee! As in HOT!"

"Captain, what can I do to help?"

That gave her pause. Addy was a passenger, so she'd been trying really hard to keep some kind of professional distance. But hey, whatever worked, right? She knew she was needing some extra hands right at the moment. So she grinned at him and motioned for him to take a seat.

"We could use some help with some of the jobs coming up, if'n you want a place in the crew. Pay ain't all that much, and it is sometimes a case of food an' board an' not much more than that. But if we make money, it's a percentage of the take in your pocket."

TAG - Addy.

(( OOC - Thank you all for more patience! It's easing up, I promise and I'll be able to actually post more soon!))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Sun May 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Lu went digging through some things in her room after she finished up the repairs on the bridge. Belladonna had packed something into her items that she really wanted to get rid of. Why had she been placed in such a position that she had to do this?

Reaching the last bag that she had to unpack, she found what she was looking for; a communicator with a direct link to Belladonna. Kynthia had said that she still wanted to work with her, and that was all well and good. But would Belladonna want to work with them again if she didn't keep up her end of the bargin?

Lu realized that her end of the bargin was out of the question. Why would she spy on her own family? This was her home, no matter what bad things had happened here in the past. To many good things happened here, and they outweighed the bad ones.

Sitting back against the wall next to her bed, Lu sighed and looked over the communicator she had in her hand. It had been made small enough to conceal if need be. She wasn't going to be put into this position, even if Belladonna came looking for her when she didn't report in. Her family was to important to her. Now she just had to find Kynthia to show her what she had, and hope they could find a way to get rid of it; or use it to their advantage.

After getting a few things settled in her room, she finally went back up to find Kynthia. Though her first stop was to get a snack, she'd been working so hard and was told to keep her energy up. Maybe Kynthia was near by and they could get their chat in.

Tag- Kynth (where ever you are)
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Galifestus » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:34 pm

It would have been enlightening to see the diference in the story read by Bug and that read by the young woman reading over his shoulder. It was all about the built in cues, all so subtle that they would only be percieved by those who were in very fact the designers of the ninth generation psychographics.

Bug put the book into his pocket all rolled up like a newspaper, getting to his feet with a smile on his face. He had things to do!

He was very efficient in cleaning the less used areas of the ship, staying out of the way of just about everyone. It took not too much time as the entire trip in from the lost portion of the black that had given them their new Monarch cleaning and helping in a limited way with repairs. The task was soon finished, and he began the next, cleaning up around the cargo ramp.

Then, with a quick trip to his cabin, he retrieved all the rubbish from the ship and stepped from the confines of his home out into a larger (though still very tiny) world, taking the rubbish bags first to the incinerators several decks below.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby popcornman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:02 am

Addy sat as instructed and listened to the captain. He did need real cashy in his pocket. He had plenty in the core bank but that was very difficult to get a hold of being an outlaw and all. He thought for a long moment. This could really become home, a safe place, a place he could let his guard down and relax every once an awhile. He could have a 'family' again, be able to share his life and experiences with someone, he could get a his life back and not have to continue running. He looked at the captain. "Captain, I would be honored to be a member of this fine crew, but the question of what role I could have that would benefit this crew. I can fly alittle but you have a pilot. I know alittle about engines but you have an engineer. I can fight but, " he looked at himself," I am not very intimidating." He paused and realized with the ship like this a man or woman with two working hands could always be useful, and he always had music to aid morale. Almost like a bard, raises the spirits of those around.

Tah Ky

OOC: Sorry about the delay on the reply, just got a promotion and they had me pulling doubles all this week to get me up to speed.
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 pm

As Bug carried out the garbage into the maintenance area skips, a nondescript man raised a small grey box to his lips.

"They're here."

The words were delivered in a rasp of the remains of a voice. His neck showed the scars of some long forgotten battle, lost on some not forgotten battlefield. He wore the remains of a forgotten uniform as well, the tatters of brown patched with other colours and other patterns now. It had been a long time ago after all.

"Belladonna got them the gig. Now they've got to get moving. Once they are in the black, we'll be able to find the Princess. Don't lose sight of that ship or her crew. I won't be happy. Dong Ma?" From the small grey box, the voice of his employer snarled the words. For a moment, Joh wondered what the hell this particular crew had done to incur such hatred, then he put that thought to one side as not relevant to his pay.

"I won't lose them. I'm heading to them for passage on the ship right now. Gonna say that I got a tip they had room." Joh said, then snapped off the machine, tucking it away.

He sauntered over to Bug.

"Hey kid!" he called out. "I heard that you got room on that ship of yours. Looking for passengers?

TAG - Bug.

Ky heard Lu calling for her and raised her voice. "Here!" she yelled down the hallway. "Just passin' some time with our newest crew member!" She peered mournfully into her mug. "Damn, I need more coffee. Addy, you can find a niche of your own. We got need of someone who can spell Lu at the controls, an' think quick on their feet in tight situations. It's been quiet so far on your trip. Mostly. Ain't always that way. "

TAG - Lu
TAG - Addy

(( I'm going to move the story some in a couple of days! Be warned!! ))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Lucasausems » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Reading the newspapers always makes you feel like your living in a ticking timebomb, there's talk about civil unrest, religious fanatisism, vandalism, suppression, corruption, inflation, war, poverty, sexual abuse and so on. It makes one really depressed to realise that is the world you live in. The Universe could do with a little more patience, a little more tolerance, a little more understanding. And by little we mean a lot. A beggar is not always a lazy drunk. A foreigner not always someone to be distrusted. A political activist is not always right. And a religious fanatic is not neccessarily evil.

If we would just try to look at things with an open mind, a broader perspective, if we would just stop making problems out of every little thing, wouldn't life be much easier? Wouldn't we all be much happier?
This is what Zhumei sometimes wondered about, sometimes she would simply want to scream out: "People! What's all the fuzz about?!" All those hours complaining, fighting and fueding. From her point of view you only got to live once, who in their right mind would waste that on pointless bickering? And that's why she was so happy with the Alliance, because she knew that they took care of everything, working hard to keep the right balance so that its citizens could enjoy the most out of their lives. The people that the Alliance hunted were the problem, those were the people who didn't understand, who refuse to see things from any other point of view than their own. So it was her job to identify those people so that the Alliance could help them see the light, and make them happier, more productive people.

This thought could make her so happy, the knowledge that she was helping so many people. She didn't ask anything for it in return, she didn't need to. Helping them was a reward in its own. She felt honored that Parliament had given her this assignment. By staying with Kynthia and her crew and travelling with them, Alliance could get a clear picture of their way of life and the people they had contact with. This intel could be used by the Alliance to maintain peace and order.

What a wonderful system it was, Zhumei wasn't the only one. Throughout their starsystem the Alliance had thousands of informants and moles. All working for that special goal. The Alliance's never ending duty: take care of the people.

Being the new ship's medic made Zhumei proud a little bit, because here she was, taking care of her own little Universe, make sure they all stayed healthy and strong.

What more could one ask for?

Dragon Squadron
Luke Helios
Pilot
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby Galifestus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:51 am

Bug looked up at the man, or rather he seemed to look straight through him into another part of the universe. He smiled a smile that told of anything but childish trust and hope, almost a grimace of fear and hate, if you looked closely enough. Did the man look closely enough to see the warning signs? Of course he did not. This was but a little child, all innocent and vulnerable, ready to be used to the ends the man wished to accomplish.

"Sir, I beg your pardon, but I believe the Monarch is not taking passengers on thie upcoming voyage. Something may be awry with the engines, and our insurance will not cover passengers until the problem is explained and settled." If nothing else, this line of conditioned response would have-- should have given the warning. What kid ever talked in this way?

"Aw be a good boy and run along to your captain and tell her she has a fare," said the man, dismissing the funny feeling at the base of his neck, where the hairs were each standing alone.

"I'm sorry, sir! My duties take me another way. Perhaps you could aproach the ship and yourself find the captain, though I really doubt it will do you any good," said the boy as he turned aside to step around the man in his way.

The man grabbed the boy's arm, gritting his teeth and growling, having exhausted his rather shallow pool of patience, "Now listen, kid--"

His words were cut short by four double forte stacato pops. His eyes got very big indeed, a combined response of disbelief, shock, and white hot pain. His hand slipped limply from its grasp on the boy's upper arm and he sat heavily upon the metal deck. His eyes glanced and then marvelled at the small but extremely dangerous gun the boy carefully put away in his baggy clothing. A pool of crimson began to settle around him as he dizily watched the boy disapear around a bulkhead, hastening upon his aparently very important errand.

tags

OOC Will the crew save the man? Will the boy ever return to the Monarch before it departs? Can a gun a boy can handle really do that much damage? Is it all a dream of several very diverse people scattered across North America and Europe? Find out in the further adventures of the Firefly class ship "Monarch" and her crew!
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 am

Lu smiled as she saw Kynthia, "Got something I'm needing to show you." She held out the communicator in her hand and sighed, "Belladonna is wanting me to report on ya. Now, I know you are needing to keep business with her but...figured you need to know."

She leaned against a nearby walla and sighed, "I won't do her spying, never planned on it, but this is maybe why she wants us to get going and not stick around here."

Tag-Kynthia
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby popcornman » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Quiet? way too quiet, Addy thought, remembering the many hours cleaning the blood of the walls of his new home. He remembered his attempt to fill the awkward clam with music, but even that had been soft and sad. "Captain, I can only hope that it is not always as quiet as the first week we all shared on this ship." He glanced around to indicate the new monarch. "And i am sure I can find a niche for myself." He looked around as the new pilot walked and chose listen to what would happen next.
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Kynthia looked from Lu to Addy and sighed, even as a slight smile curved her lips.

"Tis alright." She said, simply. "This ship will do us proud, she will. I feel it in my body. Her engine ain't screaming the way the Old Girl's was before."

She reached out for the communicator, turning it over in her hands. Shrugging, she handed it back to Lu. "Well, she's payin' well, an we need the cash to keep going. Keep Belladonna happy an' she'll slip us some work again. Make her mad an' she'll hunt us down like chaff."

Her gaze wandered over the walls, oddly empty of the drawings and doodles that had adorned the old ship. They would make their own history upon this ship. But somehow she missed the trailing ivy and the bright dragonflies. "Addy, you'll find yourself the right spot, I know it. I don't want us to have to ever clean this here ship again. But I should tell you, this lass here is one Lucille Rapson, Pilot as was on the Old Girl. Belladonna might think that she's brought us a ringer, but really she sent one of our own back home again."

TAG - Addy
TAG - Lu

Outside in the maintenance bay, blood from the dying man had begun to wind its way in a thick viscous tendril that seemed to seek out the biggest empty space. It would only be a matter of time before he was discovered. Whether or not that was before he died was really a matter of whim.. the whims of the Gods who ruled The Black.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 am

Lu sighed as she stuffed the communicator into her pocket. It seemed that she would be 'reporting' on what the ship and crew were doing. However, she wasn't going to put anyone on board in a bad light. Sitting down in the dining room, it was to...plain. The problems with new ships was that they didn't feel like home. At least, not exactly.

Being on the ship, whether it was on the old one or the the new one, it felt more like home. But as much as it felt like home, she still missed her son and Gavyn. She was here to help them live better...but this would never be a place to raise a family. She would eventually have to leave again, but she hoped that wouldn't be for a rather long time. She would be able to visit the two that were missing at some point. Right now, she was back with her first family, and she had to make sure they would be able to get going here soon.

The bridge and the controls there were ready to go. Now she was just waiting in the word for them to be able to head out.

Tags anyone in the dining area seeing Lu spacing out.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Galifestus » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:33 pm

A pile of rags moved.

Off in a corner of the bay unobserved the pile of rags sat up into a man. The shining pate of his head shone in the bright lighting of the repair dock, surrounded by a cloudy fringe of white. Amid the uneven fringe were placed eyes and a rather small round nose.

Why was he awake? Ah, yes. There had been a loud sort of noise in the chamber. It had taken some minutes for the sound to register fully and drag the old man from his slumber, but now he stood, somewhat shakily, wondering what the further circs of the event might mean for him.

It took several minutes of wandering around for him to find a man laying on the deck where he had fallen, some crimson liquid spreading in a puddle around him. Only something was off. Where there should have been a copery iron smell of blood, there was more of a beefy lamby smell. The old man reached out a somewhat grimy finger and touched the stuff. Warm and somewhat gooey it seemed as he rubbed his finger and thumb together. He sniffed it closely and his eyes grew very large indeed. Then he rummaged around in the fallen man's clothing in a somewhat desperate search.

Discarding an odd dart he found in his search he pulled out a large oblong plastifoil pouch, the one liter size, that had been neatly punched though and began to sip at the contents through the hole made by one of the four plastic darts.

After having a few mililiters of the stuff he folded the top and tucked the remains in a pocket somewhere among the rags. He then tried to pick up the fallen one, managed only an arm, and looked about him for help of some kind. A ship was quite close, and he knew the crew were aboard-- he could clearly see a somewhat attractive woman staring out of the cockpit at, well he couldn't quite tell what. He shambled as quick as his legs would carry him to the main hatch and touched what he hoped would be a doorbell a few times, following this with a shrill whining yell:

"Hey in there, can you lend us a hand? Fella's been mugged out here, or somethin'."

Tags
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby popcornman » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Addy looked at the table. It was not as homely as the one on the old ship but maybe it was the lack of hominess in the room and on the ship in general. He listened to the captain as she spoke. "Captain, I'm sure I will find a spot and it is a pleasure to meet you." He watched to two for a moment and almost drifted away into thought when he noticed that Lucille had already beat him to the place on the plane of existence where nothing but your own thoughts matter. "So... how close are we to being able to leave and what needs to be done to get back to the black?" Addy did not really say it to anyone specific, he just had a feeling that something could be done to get back to the safest place he knew of. The big empty space that is the black.

Tags
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 am

"I want to get us up and out of here as soon as we can make her go. I weren't plannin' on us being here for work so much as some down time, but ain't that the way of the 'Verse. We ain't got much of a chance to rest it seems like. Now, I'm going to go check on the status of an ad I placed in the station's database, see if we got any nibbles or not on the way. Bit of extra in the coffers is always a good plan."

Kynthia smiled at them all and headed for her cabin, the only place on the ship where she knew she would have some peace to check over messages.

There was one reply to the ad. She pursed her lips for a moment and then sent a reply to the man who'd sent it.

"Mr Faraday, I hear you be lookin' for some place to bunk down and head out into the black. You got any objections to a slightly battered old ship what is heading out in a few hours?"

TAG - Jason / Pugstia

=============

Out in the maintenance bay, people started running at the cry for help. A medical team was immediately dispatched via comm to the area along with security and more than a few cameras checking the area. The cargo ramp to The Monarch was filmed. Kynthia had no idea this was going on.

TAG - anyone who notices the mayhem!

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:54 pm

To say he was looking for a ship, would be a misunderstanding. Gulliver wasn't looking for a ship. He was looking for a Destination. The ship and crew were just an oddity to observe, and if he was lucky, enjoy. It was just a matter of finding the right destination, and he was sure he'd found it. He'd read the wave by one Kynthia. Her ship the Monarch, was heading to a destination he longed to visit.

Another ship, another Captain, another crew. Gulliver, paused briefly to consider just how boring his life could off been, if he didn't travel so much, but as jostled by a rather unpleasant smelling fellow. Gulliver brushed down his suits sleeve, as he started walking again, smart black polished shoes gently tapping away as he walked. A simply black rucksack, was slung over his right shoulder, looking a little out of place on such a smartly dressed young man.

He had to make it to the Monarch before it left, and he was forced to wait for another ship heading in the same direction. Why did there have to be so many unclean people all massed together, turning the simple pleasure of walking into a mobile obstacle course. He just prayed it wasn't too late. He finally managed to make his way to the maintenance area where the Monarch sat proudly.

Not so proudly was a man at the hatch of the ship, and another who appeared to be quiet dead.
"Oh my," Gulliver said as he carefully stepped around the body, not wanting to get blood on his shoes. "Excuse me, I'm looking for one Kynthia. I believe her to be the Captain of this ship."

Tag
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Where would we be without Kuruma..?

Active
- Fred BJ Black (Torchwood Ten)
- "Black Scar" (Dragon Squadron, FL)

Forgotten
- Leiutenant Commander Kurayami Sennai / SW-142
- Black / Kageashi / SW-193
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch