A Dandelion Floating In The Black.

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: A Dandelion Floating In The Black.

Postby popcornman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:39 pm

As he watched the captain leave and knew what his place would be, there would be others but there was one. His father had fallen in love with it the same that he had. There were connections that still respected his father's name even though it had been dragged through the mud by his own brother. He rose and nodded to the "new" pilot and made his way to a place that he had only been a handful of times and always under supervision until this point. A place of peace and silence at times a place of reflection and adventure, one never knew from place to place what would be there but he knew everything about how to transport that item no matter what that was. Addy made his way to the most important part of the ship. It was the entire reason the ship existed. He continued till he looked out from the landing at the mostly empty space and smiled.

After many years of running, from ship to ship and from planet to planet, he was home. A place that started it all. The cargo bay. The reason he was born into near royalty, the reason he had the best education in the core money could buy, the reason his father was often not home, the reason his brother had ratted his father out to the Alliance to make friends in high places, the reason for his parents death, the reason he killed his brother in cold blood without remorse, and the reason he was on the run. This place was the reason he was who he was. It was beautiful. As he continued to walk down the stairs and looked toward the hatch at the far side, his face changed. Something was not right, not right at all. A heap of something lay on the other side of the maintenance bay and a man was moving toward them. He carefully kept himself out of view for the window as more people made their way in the bay and he moved closer to the hatch. His heart moved to his chest. His hand hit the comm button on his right "Captain, we have big problems in the bay and I think we should think about leaving, very Very Shortly." He said in a every worried voice as he surveyed the scene. The heap was a body, a dead body, that was clear by the medical team around him. The man continued to move toward them and he was carrying a bag and looked more like a passenger and much different from the rest of the people outside. He thumbed the comm again. "And I think we have a passenger."

Tags anyone within earshot of a ship speaker
SLA Personnel Chair

Commander Rory Shannon - XO USS Pegasus, Into the Breach - Retired
popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Tavey » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:09 am

Kynthia heard the comm with a scowl. Cursing quietly, she made her way to the cargo bay and the ramp. Her steps faltered as she saw the security guards and medical teams beginning to arrive like some swarm of unpleasant insects waiting to bite any who came near.

"What the gorram living hell has just happened here?" she demanded of the nearest body, not even looking to see who it was that she was talking to. "Ain't seen no maintenance place look like this in a while. Not since some idiot tried to take off without loosening docking clamps. " Or back in the war She thought.

TAG - any.

"An' who was it looking for passage on this here fine ship?" She then demanded of the other nearby bodies, wondering who was heading into her ship for a while. "We got nice passenger rooms, all ready to be moved into an' enjoyed."

TAG - Gulliver
TAG - Pugstia (If you're around!)

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:32 am

((OOC: I had this written to type up last night so I'll just incorporate it into Kynthia's post :) ))

Lu could hear the commotion from the bridge, as well as hearing Addy over the ship's comm. They weren't expecting anyone to her knowledge. Normally Kynthia would have informed the crew of this. The voice from Addy seemed very worried, so she rushed down to the bay, only to see what Addy had been talking about.

"Gorramit..." she mumbled, then glanced at the new passenger. "Um...we'll get her in a second." She punched the comm that Addy had been using. "Kynthia, quit hiding out, gorramit, we need you down here on the double."

Lu then turned her sights on the new comer, "Hopefully she makes her way here soon. I'm Lucille Rapson, Lu for short. I'm the pilot here. Didn't know we were expecting anyone else."

She glanced back to see if Kynthia had shown up yet and grumbled as she saw her. She then pulled her hair up into a ponytail at the back of her head.

"What the gorram living hell has just happened here?" she demanded of the nearest body, not even looking to see who it was that she was talking to. "Ain't seen no maintenance place look like this in a while. Not since some idiot tried to take off without loosening docking clamps. " Or back in the war She thought.

"I just got down here, been working up in the bridge to get things finished up. That was my question as well." Did she dare go over to see what exactly was going on? It seemed they were the target of quite a few things lately; Belladonna trying to force them to leave, now dealing with this mess. What was going to come next?

Tags: All that are there!
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Galifestus » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:28 pm

The shabbiest man in the verse came tottering up to the pair of women standing on their ramp and in a breath smelling of concentrated foodstuffs and some form of alchohol said, "I just found this one guy-- looked like his atmo had been all let out, but it was just the soup, see, and he's been sent down by about a quart of tranq. Seems he hassled some kid or something, and the tapes have the kid putting four shots into him with a face like a statue. Looks unreal on the wave, I tell you. Anyway, I could use passage as soon as it may be (hwach, hwach) convenient."

And then he stood there grinning with far fewer than the regulation number of teeth, as someone far more respectable looking came forward.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:59 am

Gulliver smiled warmly and gave the two women a short yet elegant bow. He turned his attention to the red haired woman, as the blonde indicated she was in charge.
"Kynthia, I assume." Gulliver said running a hand through his black hair, which came to the bottom of his neck. "I read your wave, and was hoping you could accommodate me aboard your fine ship."

Gulliver sniffed, his face screwed up for half a second, before returning to its warm and friendly state, as he took half a step away from the man who had offended his nostrils. "If the offer is still available that is."

Tag - Kynthia
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Where would we be without Kuruma..?

Active
- Fred BJ Black (Torchwood Ten)
- "Black Scar" (Dragon Squadron, FL)

Forgotten
- Leiutenant Commander Kurayami Sennai / SW-142
- Black / Kageashi / SW-193
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:41 am

Kynthia was stunned. A kid shooting a man? That could only be Bug, who had been acting strange since the time on the slaver ship. She looked around the commotion and the area, hoping to see a glimpse of the youngling so she could get him back onboard. The memory of him standing at the bottom of the ramp on Silence, cheeky grin and all was sharp suddenly. She blinked hard against the thought that he'd changed so much in such a short time. Weren't even a year, all told.

"Yeah. We got bunks aplenty." She said simply. "Passage is simple enough. Put your hand in to help the ship an' 'tis cheaper. Sit in your bunk all day an' 'tis a tad more. Meals are in the galley with the crew. Ain't much and ain't all that fancy. Right now we're waiting on this here noise to die down so we can get off the station and on our way."

She stood to one side and gestured for the new passengers to enter the ship.

"Oh.. and afore you all vanish into my fine ship here... what are your names?" She asked, remembering that she really ought to know what to call them when she needed to cuss them out.

TAGs

She glanced at Lu, worry clear in her eyes. While the new passengers stowed their stuff in the designated areas in the cargo bay, her gaze couldn't help but wander out to the maintenance area. Where the hell was Bug? Or for that matter, Sam?

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:55 am

The walking ragpile grinned his untoothy grin and exclaimed, "Why I'm sure things will settle right quick and we can be on our way in hardly no time, bein as the crime was only a petty one. They prob'ly ain't even gonna look hard for the culprit."

He shuffled aboard, all eyes. His hands were stuffed into some pockets in what had once been a very respectable dinner jacket. His head was all a swivle as he took in the inside of the cargo bay. He had only the clothes on his back and whatever was shoved into them.

"Oh.. and afore you all vanish into my fine ship here... what are your names?" the woman who was obviously in charge asked.

The ragged man turned to her and, being again the first to respond, "Name of Wyatt Lexington, Cap'n. Most calls me Rags, or some such, though."

He waited half a beat to see if the name satisfied or rang any unpleasant bells, and then made his way aft to where every Firefly kept its passenger cabins. He waited for the other new passenger to select his berth before selecting his own, but he was hoping to get the smallest room in the back.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:09 am

Meanwhile in another part of the station, Bug was sitting in a comfortable chair looking into the lenses of a very clinical looking machine. Lights flashed into his unblinking eyes for several moments. A tall slender man in a very fine suit paced the room swearing quietly, laying a series of curses on the whole of the slaving profession and naming one particular member of that profession as a medler and fool. He was grateful, however, that the damage was not too severe. The book had, according to its programming, both reported and downloaded in such a way that the insuferable medling could be reversed, though he was worried at the setback in the overall program.

In another few minutes the repairs had been completed, and a rather dazed boy stood in the market holding a small parcel of trinkets and toys. Someone near him, but out of line of sight asked some other passer by, "do you have the time?"

Suddenly his eyes grew wide in horrified dread. He raced, dodging though the crowd in an impressive manner, edging past a trio of shocked looking rough men among a couple dozen more. He just had to make it. He got to the repair port just as the last of the people interested in the apparent mugging were departing under the urging of the officials. His pace did not slow as he crossed the bay and went right up the ramp, stopping a foot away from his captain, where he panted through a wide grin and held out his treasures for her inspection.

Tags back.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Kris » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Lu caught Kynthia's look and sighed, "I know, we need to get out of here. I wish we had everyone aboard." She looked around, "Is it just me or are we missing a few people, including Sam?"

That was very odd, since when did that woman vanish without a trace? She had always been there.

Lucille then looked at the new comers and gave a half smile, "Guess I'll show ya where the bunks are, then maybe get some info on what you are good at . We may be needin' some help around here."

With people missing, it felt a little less like home. But it was still home...it was confusing in her head, but she knew she should be here, even if it meant leaving her son with Gavyn.

Tags: Kynthia, Newbies
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Gulliver's smile took a slightly worried look for a fraction off a second, before turning around, and gazing over the area. His eye's settled on a few blokes entering the area with two medium sized metal creates between them. Gulliver turned back to the ships Captain with a firm smile on his face.
"It appears fortune favours me today. My luggage has arrived." Gulliver gave a slight roll of his left shoulder from which a fine looking rucksack hung from.

"Oh.. and afore you all vanish into my fine ship here... what are your names?"

"Name of Wyatt Lexington, Cap'n. Most calls me Rags, or some such, though."

"Gulliver Howe," He said merrily. "I'll have my luggage stowed in a minute, which I'm sure won't hold you up any." Gulliver waved the courier's over and ensure his creates were safely stowed.

"Guess I'll show ya where the bunks are, then maybe get some info on what you are good at . We may be needin' some help around here."

"Thank you," Gulliver said, following her while trying to keep his distance from Wyatt. He browsed over the available rooms, and picked a clean one near the fore of the selection of rooms. He watched with mild distaste as Wyatt took the small one at the back, before turning his attention to the blonde haired woman.
"Any rules I should know Miss...?" Gulliver asked politely.

Tag - Lu
When you stare into the depths of space, all your see is infinity staring back at you, letting you know, just how insignificant you really are.

Active

Forgotten
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:24 pm

"Oh.. and afore you all vanish into my fine ship here... what are your names?" the woman who was obviously in charge asked.

The ragged man turned to her and, being again the first to respond, "Name of Wyatt Lexington, Cap'n. Most calls me Rags, or some such, though."

Kynthia nodded as he introduced himself. She wondered if it were possible to force him to take a shower and get some of the stench off him, but decided that conversation could wait until they were in the black.

"Rags. " She watched as he walked towards the passenger cabins, then turned towards the next person waiting there.

The next man ushered his belongings into the cargo hold, stowing two large boxes neatly and securing them to the floor with thick webbing straps. "Gulliver Howe." He announced before striding into the back with Lu.

Kynthia stared out at the people moving around, her mind far away until a rush of familiar feet heralded Bug arriving. He skidded to a stop, his eyes bright and cheerful. She grinned at him. His hands were full of pieces of… some kind of mechanical wonderment that she grinned even harder to see.

"Get yourself in there mister. You're almost late on take off. " Ky scolded, her mock stern tone completely spoiled by the laugh that escaped.

She wanted off this station, and as such, she decided that it was time. When she turned back into the ship, she raised the ramp behind her.

Heading to the bridge, she toggled the ship's message centre to see if there was anything that could delay them longer. Nothing. Boring notes advertising the latest in Reaver deterrent, mail order brides from some small moon out on the outer rim and perfect delivery of any package to any location. One month or delivery was free. She was about to close the lot when she saw one that needed to be read.

Her face paled as she read the words. Then read it again. The words were short and sweet but Ky could tell how hard it had been for them to be written. Not least of why was that the writer didn't know how to read all that well.

Her friend and first mate was taking a break, not knowing how long it would be before she was able to return. The recent-ish events on her families slaver ship and all had had more of an effect than she realized and she wanted to take some time off. Kynthia stared out of the window. She wanted off this gorram ship and now. Right the hell now, thanks all the same.

Reaching forward, she touched a switch.
"Dandelion Station, this is the Freeship Monarch requesting take off as soon as possible." She said to the polite man on the other end of the com. "Sooner, if you can."

She made sure that Ness knew that they were taking off and redirected her bill to Belladonna with a short note that more or less stated "You still owe me. Pay it. Or I'll talk."

Then she toggled the intercom. "This here is the Captain. We're taking off shortly, so make sure everything is stowed nice and tight like. Lu, when you got a moment, I need to be talkin' to you."

TAG - all.

Thankfully, even though she hadn't checked, everyone who should be on the ship had made their way there. Zhumei had darted through the closing ramp just in time.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby popcornman » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Addy had slunk back up the stairs as the passengers arrived. He preferred to observe them for the moment, not knowing who they were. He had their names thanks to the captain. He made his way to galley and waited. He knew that people would be moving and someone would need him at some point. He made himself useful by brewing a fresh pot of coffee and sat down with his "Baron" mug and sipped his coffee and once again the rest of ship and everything else disappeared. The captains voice woke him from his journey through the vapor and sent of his coffee. He finished his coffee in one gulp and made his way back to the cargo bay to make sure everything was secure and would not shift during the journey.

TBA
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Galifestus » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:34 pm

One of the nicest things about a small transport like this, Rags thought, was that each of the passenger and crew rooms had a working refresher-- a complete set of plumbing running the ships water through various folding units. The old man was stripped to the skin and using the folding shower stall with great pleasure. The water was poured over him at the coolish lukewarm temperature he wanted, was filtered and purified and poured over him again. He stayed in the streaming water till he felt the ship revving up for departure. Then he picked up his soggy clothing from the floor and washed it, piece by piece. Finally he hung it up around the room and folded away the shower stall. He folded down the narrow bunk and lay down for a nap.

He ran over in is mind the options he had, now. If he could work his passage in some way, it would alleviate the need to pay for it, though probably not remove it. To pay, he would have to resort, most likely, to something less than perfectly honest and legal. To do that, he would have to figure out just where they were going eventually. It was not the first time he would have to make things work. He shifted his scrawny old body on the synthetic sponge rubber mattress and, brushing aside the scarce fringe of hair, shut his eyes to wait for eventualities.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby popcornman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 am

Addy finished securing the cargo, which mostly secure already. He stepped back to look at his work and smiled. He noticed a nine foot span of honeycomb style cargo netting that was left in a corner. He walked over and held it in his hands, testing the strength of the closely stitched net and carefully inspecting it. It would not hold if it was used and there was a shift in whatever it was holding, the cross over points were frayed to the point of a lot uselessness. He looked around and he knew its use as if it had been throw aside for him. He climbed the stairs to the left cat walk as one look at hold doors and walked almost to the end. He tested the sides of rails before securing the cargo net to it pulling most of the slack at while doing so. He looked at his handy work then sat and then laid down on his new hammock. It held. He could see the cargo hold doors and most of the rest hold. He smiled as he felt the rumble of the engines. Then jumped up and made his way to the bridge.

Tags anyone on the bridge
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Kris » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:59 am

Lu smiled at Gulliver and nodded, as he mentioned his luggage, "Don't worry 'bout that luggage, take your time."

He then mentioned rules, "I'm sure we'll get everyone aquainted with the rules once we get out into the Black. Best to just stay around here or in the kitchen til we all get gathered."

She caught him asking about her name as she started to walk away, "Name's Lu Rapson. Well, actually Lucille, but I don't go by that, too long a name."

As she started to check around to make sure the others were getting settled, she could hear Kynthia on the com.

"This here is the Captain. We're taking off shortly, so make sure everything is stowed nice and tight like. Lu, when you got a moment, I need to be talkin' to you."

Lu raised an eyebrow and headed off towards the bridge. She had to be there as it was so she could pilot them out of there, but she was actually asked for otherwise by Kynthia.

As she got to the bridge, she slipped into her seat and looked at Kynthia, "What is up, Kynth? Needin' me to get us outta here quick I take it?"

Tag-Kynthia
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:41 am

(( OOC - Moving things along here folks! ))

No sooner had Lu arrived and taken her usual spot on the bridge, than the all clear for take off sounded. Kynthia checked to make sure that all debts had been settled, or sent to the appropriate place for payment, while Lu began to fire up the engines.

Kynthia toggled the ship com, her voice sounding slightly tired and flat. "We're about to take off folks. Addy, check the ramp is closed up tight please. Everyone else, make sure your stuff is stowed and away, so it don't bump around none. Next stop, Violet."

She placed the handset down carefully and swivelled her chair to Lu.

"Sam's gone." She said simply. "We had us some problems with her family, as you may recall, and she ain't been the same since. She decided to stay on the station awhile. Clear her head. Took Paul with her. Maybe she's gonna be happy now, I dunno."

TAG - Lu

Kynthia stared out of the window as Lucille Rapson deftly maneuvered them between the struts and junk around this area of the station, then headed them right out into the black. It felt good to be away from the damn place, finally. Not tethered to anything. Always good, that was.

"I need a second in command Lu. Want to offer you the gig. Comes with a bump up in percentage an' all."

TAG - Lu.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 am

Lu raised an eyebrow as she listened to Kynthia. "Never thought I'd see her off this ship. Hope she does end up makin' herself happy again."

As they got away from the station and out into the black again, she smiled, "I've been away to long, I miss it out here. Gonna miss my boy, but we're needin' the money."

"I need a second in command Lu. Want to offer you the gig. Comes with a bump up in percentage an' all."

Lu spun her seat towards Kynthia, "I'm just gettin' back and you want me second in command? Bit surprising I suppose, me bein' gone a year. But I ain't gonna complain. I'll take the job," she said with a smile as she spun back to the controls.

"Can tell the controls've changed a bit. Gotta get them loose again." She gave Kynthia a smile again as she steered them through the black, "Guess I'll be needin' to make sure I know all my new duties."

Tag: Kynthia
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Gulliver stepped into his new quarters, and gave it a slow once over. Yellowish walls, a simple yet comfortable looking bed, and somewhere to store his things. Simple yet effective. He gave a nod of his head in approval. He carefully laid his rucksack on the bed before going back to the doorway.
"This should be a comfortable ride." He said as he closed the door.

"We're about to take off folks. Addy, check the ramp is closed up tight please. Everyone else, make sure your stuff is stowed and away, so it don't bump around none. Next stop, Violet."

He smiled. It was good to be on the way again. He wondered what secrets this ship held, and how many of them he could find before he had to part ways. That was always the saddest part of travelling. Having to leave new friends behind. He sat down on the bed, and smiled.

Active

Forgotten
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Kynthia nodded. "Good." She said simply. She didn't really have much of a concrete reason why she'd offered Lu the job, except that Lu knew the ship of old. And Maverick, which was a whole other story. Ky hoped that he was resting in peace, wherever he was.

"Head to Violet. We're still going to get that girl out of there for Belladonna. Hope there ain't no complications, like she's all trapped in a cell or something." She glanced across the bridge with a shrug. It wouldn't be the first time a gig had gone sour.

"Meantime, I'm goin' to make something for dinner. Protein pie sounds like a winner now that we ain't got the fresh stuff anymore."

She stood up and headed down the hallway to the lounge and galley, where she busied herself with making a fresh pot of coffee and began chopping up ingredients for a simple enough pie. Or two.

Behind them, Dandelion Station grew smaller in the black. Ships came and went. Ships headed in various directions. One followed them. A small ship it was, shabby around the edges. As Lu fired the Firefly engine and the Black became a blaze of golden fire for a moment, it seemed to hover. Then shot off as well in it's own way.. still heading more or less in the same direction.

Belladonna smiled as the information came up on her screen. They might be gone. But they sure as hell weren't free.

(( OOC - final comments and posts on this episode folks! ))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby popcornman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:58 am

Addy turned and ran back down the steps to look at the cargo door. Check he thought. He turn and had to grab a near by stack of cargo was the ship began to move out of the bay. The ship leveled to a steady path. "She is good," Addy said to himself under his breath as he moved toward the the stairs again. He half ran up the stairs and focusing on of his feet and causing him to slam his head into the bulkhead with a resounding whack. He paused for a moment to rub his head before continuing to the galley. The Captain stood on the kitchen side making something. The smell of coffee came to his nose and he quickly grabbed his 'Baron' mug and and filled it 3/4 of the way with one hand, still rubbing his head with the other. "Ky," he paused testing out the new greeting unsure of the reaction, " The cargo bay is shut tight and what little cargo we have will not move even if the very good pilot has to make some sharp maneuvers." He turned and sat at the end of the table to give the Captain some space and sipped the very good coffee.

Tag Ky
SLA Personnel Chair

popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Galifestus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:00 am

Bug, as soon as the ship had lifted, went back to the passenger section. His quiet but very official sounding knock upon the doors of the passengers was every decibel equivalent to the same knock in the finest of Sihnon resort hotels. When the door was answered, whether in person or by a word through the door, he answered in the most proper of stewardly tones. "The ship is well under way, sir. You are at liberty to step about the common areas, should you desire."

In the first instance the answer was (mid sentance Gulliver tag!)

At the other door, he was answered in grunts of understanding only. Inside the elderly ragamuffin settled further into the first real bed in three months for a nice nap, thinking--almost dreaming-- of the destination and what he might make of it. The bed was certainly nicer than that one of three months since in Dandelion's jail.

The boy walked into the galley in his bustling busy manner.

"Passengers look to be all settled in, Captain Talland." He said with a smart attention. Then he desolved into more of his old carriage and smiled before turning to find out something to whet his whistle, being uninterested in the cofee. He came up with a bottle of bright orange soda pop.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:29 pm

"The ship is well under way, sir. You are at liberty to step about the common areas, should you desire."

"Thank you. I'll be about shortly." Gulliver called through the door. He pulled his rucksack onto his lap, and opened a side pocket, from which he pulled out a photo. He smiled fondly at it, gave it a brief kiss, before putting it back. Well it was time to get acquainted with the crew and any other passengers aboard the ship. Placing the rucksack carefully back on his bunk he proceeded to get up and leave his quarters.

He stepped out into the common area, and not seeing anyone about, headed up the stairs by what appeared to be a med bay. At the top he looked left and saw the engine room, and to his right he could see a table with at least one person sat at it. Heading into the dining room, he spotted two others, one being the Captain.
"Captain, I was informed I could wander the common areas, but wasn't actually informed what constituted as the 'Common areas'."

Tag - Kynthia, and others

Active

Forgotten
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:47 pm

"Captain, I was informed I could wander the common areas, but wasn't actually informed what constituted as the 'Common areas'."

Kynthia looked up from the pie she was just putting the top on. She wiped her hands on a nearby cloth, while considering the question.

"Any place except the bridge, cargo hold an' engines are more or less safe. Other folks cabins unless you'se invited, of course. Places like here an' such is perfectly alright with me."

She deftly lifted the other piece of pastry over the top of the second pie and began to crimp the edges in place with her fingers.

"Do help yourself to sommat to drink while meal is cooking. Just like Bug here." She grinned over at the youngling, glad to see him looking a bit more impish than he had been.

TAG - all.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Black Scar Ozzy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:46 pm

"Thank you Captain. I take that to mean I need supervision if I need anything from the cargo hold then?"

Tag - Kynthia

Gulliver smiled at the Captain in appreciation of her simple yet friendly answers. He turned to look at the young lad who the Captain had grinned at. With a friendly smile he went and knelt before the lad so as not to tower over him.
"And what does a fine young man such as yourself do?" He enquired

Tag - Bug

Active

Forgotten
Black Scar Ozzy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Kris » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Lu stared out at the stars as they flew by. She really had missed this, and she was really no longer on the run, other than from Belladonna. Reaching into her pocket, she glanced at the communicator that she was given. There had to be a way to use it to their advantage, since Belladonna didn't know anything about Lu's past on this ship or with this crew.

Smells started to waft in from the kitchen area, and she knew that food was cooking, and probably nearly done. She wasn't going to leave where she was for right now, though. She wanted to stay looking at the stars, trying to figure out why Belladonna was wanting a spy on board in the first place.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch