[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - A Spark of Light.

A Spark of Light.

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: A Spark of Light.

Postby popcornman » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:26 am

Whack

"Son of a," Addy groaned as he woke with a headache. He looked at the wall side of his bunk on which his head had just bounced off. He shook his head. "Must have been another.." He muttered but stopped as everything stopped. The lights went out. He froze and listened...nothing.

The engine was off. He instinctively grabbed his pistol and his sword as the captain's voice tore through the ship though muffled. "Everyone keep calm and safe...."

He silently thanked himself for leaving some clothes next to the bunk. He dressed quickly, strapping the holster to his leg and slipping the sheath on. He took a deep breath, he needed to calm his nerves.

What the hell was going on? Was the alliance on them? Slavers? REAVERS? He took another breath. He looked around trying to allow his eyes to adjust. He carefully packed the few things that weren't just in case. He started toward the lower lounge when he heard the happy voice of the ship again.

"How are you so calm?" He asked the speaker in his bunk. He did manage to take a breath and relax a little with the knowledge that the ship had the problem and they were not being invaded. He slowly made his was toward the galley following the dull glow of the emergency path lighting.

He started up the stairs when he felt his foot slip and knew as his body fell forward. He bunched his shoulder it contacted the stairs.

""Ni ta ma de. Tianxia suoyoude ren. Dou gaisi." ("Everyone under the heavens ought to die.") He exclaimed as he slowly turned to sit on the stair for a moment.

Tag anyone
SLA Personnel Chair

Commander Rory Shannon - XO USS Pegasus, Into the Breach - Retired
popcornman
SLA Personnel Chair
SLA Personnel Chair

Postby Sam Crerar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Sam went onto the bridge from the hallway, it was easy to tell where it was, because of the stars. "Grey, now is not the time for cheesy pilot announcements. We have one passenger...rest are crew." She said to his silhouette in front of the stars. She paused for a second. "We're spinning...we got one thruster firing and that's it? Ta ma duh. Have you set up a distress call yet?" She asked, looking at the panel of blinking lights. "Please tell me we know at least where we're going..."
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Grey Bruehl » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Grey Bruehl
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby Tavey » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:43 pm

(( OOC - according to the designer of Serenity, there are two pivotal engines and thirty two thrusters, in addition to the Firefly engine itself. Source: Finding Serenity essays by those who were part of the series. ))

Ky grabbed Bug by the shoulder and listened intently to him carefully. She nodded abruptly as he finished with his quiet "Humped."

"Listen up. I need you to go to the remaining shuttle and see if you can think of a way for all of us to get onboard. Titan didn't get the chance to bring the other one back when he left the ship for his house. I need to know how many we can get off to safety, if'n we ain't able to get this ship under control any time soon."

TAG Bug

Kynthia thenmade her way to the bridge, cursing quietly any god that happened to be listening. She got there in time to hear Grey explain the situation to Sam and slammed a hand against a wall in sheer anger.

"In other words, it's one of the pivotal engines that's firin' not one of the thirty some odd thrusters what is making us spin out?" she demanded, though a quick glance outside the windows told her all she needed to know.

After that glance she looked out at the rest of the Black, trying not to feel completely motion sick at the way the stars and worlds were spinning around. She grabbed the back of one of the chairs staring out.

"Gorram it, I can't tell which way we're headin' now. " She snarled. "We need to get the engine shut down, afore it takes us the long way round to reaver space or into a Sun. Make that a priority. Then we'll figure out how much trouble we're really in."

TAG - the bridge folks.

((Final OOC - We'll be moving on in two days! Wheeeeee))

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Grey Bruehl » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:58 pm

He heard the boss in the dark.

"If it please. Maam, wouldn't shutting off the engines be the job of those folks in the engine room?" Bruehl feels the other pilot nearby and slides out of the seat to return to his quarters.

"But perhaps the other pilot can shut down the engines. While this Bruehl retires to his quarters."
Grey Bruehl
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby Jake Sjet » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:35 pm

“We’re in whole heap’a trouble Cap’n! CAP’N! Ca-Oh there you are!”

Shamus’s ghostly white features appeared out of the back of the bridge in a flash of blinding light. He lowered the high intensity flash light he’d procured from the engine room, his face visibly smeared with black soot and dabs of melted plastic here and there that made him resemble the walking wounded of some mechanical war.

He was gasping for air.

“The Lady’s gone snapped her neck somewhere under the reactor, ain’t no way to reach it without dry docking her for a month of repairs.” He gasped, shifting his weight from one leg to the other nervously “Ain’’t got no control from the engine room or here, the reactor scram sequence ain’t working. I should know, I’ve been punching the button to vent the reactor’s fiery contents to space for a while now...”

He held up one hand, turning it to reveal blooded skin torn knuckles from where he’d feverishly demanded and willed the Monarchs reactor to do his bidding, only for his wants to fall upon deaf ears.

“Might be able to cut the fuel lines to the reactor. Kill the reactor, the engines go cold steel inside five seconds.” He gulped a little “But we do that...I...I don’t think I’ll be able to start her up again, not without risking her going critical and blowing us all to Narnia if ya catch my meaning. We’d still have the thrusters but the pivotal’s will be as good as lead weights. But we’d be under something like control.”

If we can figure out how to sue the manoeuvring thrusters without the cockpits control systems...he choose not to add.

TAG-Bridge folk.

Shamus 'Shoddy' McDonald
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Tavey » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Kynthia's eyes closed involuntarily. She'd been part of the team that had put the Monarch back together not that long ago. Seemed there were other problems with the Old Girl that she'd not been able to fix in the long run.

No, not just her.. all of the folk who'd worked on her. Even the Alliance officials who had signed off on the work that had been done. Her stomach felt as though it had been pulled through several mangles and flattened.

"Got to shut down the ship. See if she'll restart enough for us to get life support. Air." she said quietly. "Then we'll have to see where we are. What we're aimin' at. I asked Bug to see how many folks could fit in the shuttle. We only got the one at the moment. Was hopin' to get a replacement at Dandelion. Just got to get there is all."

TAG - Folks in the bridge.

She moved into the now vacant pilots chair with an odd smile. Been a long time since she'd flown anything at all, but the controls seemed somewhat the same as the last ship she'd had to make do things in The Black. Her eyes filled with tears, not helped by the relentless spinning outside the window.

"The Old Girl's broke is what you're sayin'. Is what I'm feelin'. Ameri knew it too. She said that she could feel something off with her."

The darkened ship continued on the erratic path that took it off the normal shipping lanes and into the black. Not that any of them could see it now.. but far away in the distance was a tiny speck. Something.. hanging.. waiting..

Waiting..

In space.

TAG - all

((OOC - In my last post I made a rather curt and abrupt comment about the thrusters. I apologise wholeheartedly for how it made some of the team feel. It wasn't my intention to be so rude about the information. Especially since I had thought I'd put it up in the OOC section ages ago, but am unable to find it now. It was merely meant as a reminder to that post, not as a slam to anyone on the Sim. Sorry chaps! ))

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Previous

Return to Firefly: Monarch