[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Family Frustrations.

Family Frustrations.

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby SDJThorin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Titan had just finished washing up when the all-hands hail sounded with warnings of boarding slavers.

He had once been a slave...

It took him only a minute to start preparing. Tools that he thought he'd never use again, but could never seem to get rid of, were hidden about his person.

Then the decision of how else to prepare delayed him, until he looked out of the shuttle's porthole and saw the ship, small, fast and well maintained. It would be money and not threats that would speak loudest to this type.

He dressed in his finest Core-world suit, and finished it off with a sash, heavy with platinum and gold thread, and a Gentleman's Duelling Sword.

He headed to the kitchen, since there was no one in the cargo bay...
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Bug handed over the tiny transmitter and watched as Tara left. He looked around for a bit, wondering just what he would do if bad men came onto his ship to take away his new fam-- crew. His new crew. He was sure he didn't want to have them gone from him.

He finally came to the conclusion that he was, in fact, too hungry to think properly. The kitchen was up on the level above, but it was no trouble for Bug to hop up three stairs at a time. It was slightly more of a problem not to bump Sam on the way and be filletted for it. Golly gumdrops she was impressive, but he knew that it was a wise thing to steer well wide of anyone like that when they were hurting. He passed with a quick "scuse me."

He arrived at the galley to find Titan standing there looking like a highborn lord. He came to a sudden halt, all his ettiquite conditioning kicking in at the sight of the posh clothes. "Excuse me, sir," he said, "is there anything I may do for you?"

tag Titan, Sam, or whoever.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby SDJThorin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Titan watched Bug's entire being change at seeing him all dressed up.

With a shake of his head, he replied, "No Bug, I figured that Money might work where Arms may not for the chaps approaching the ship. Can't abide Slavers, but I do understand how some of them work."

With that said he pulled out two chairs, waving Bug at one, as he took the other. "Will the others be along shortly?" he asked.

[ Tag - Bug ]
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:46 pm

Bug sat down. He didn't slouch into the chair, but sat at the edge, ready to pop up and go do whatever might be ordered. As he sat, he answered, "I do not know," he paused, trying to read the marks of rank, but failing he fell back on the trustworthy, "Sir."
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Quamie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Did the tracker run on electromagnetism, or heat, or both? That was a big question. But what would a dummy-Bug exactly accomplish? "I could run some tests to find out," Ameri offered, but her small voice was drowned in the concerns of the others, who were thinking strategically in ways Ameri was unaccustomed.

Then the others began to run off to do things, and in the midst of this, Ameri lost track of Bug. Her heart went out to him, imagining what he was going to. After all, she had been kidnapped by slavers, and while she had escaped, that experience had been terrifying enough.

"Stay here," she told Sam. "I'll be right back."

The doctor headed quickly out of the infirmary, looking for Bug. She found him in short order in the galley, and paused in the threshold, seeing Titan. She quailed for a moment, but then took a deep breath. Ameri went to Bug and knelt down in front of him, taking his hands gently in hers as she looked into his eyes. Her whole bearing had become a gentle strength of purpose. "We will not let them take you," she promised fervently. "Don't worry."

tag
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 pm

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:09 pm

"We will not let them take you," she promised fervently. "Don't worry."

Bug had never quite been treated in such a way that he could remember. His chest began to swell and he was lost in the young woman‘s eyes. His breathing quickened and he answered.

“No Miss,“ he said, his eyes growing wide. His mouth formed a small o as he struggled with feelings he had never been trained for. Something deep within him turned like a switch. He was looking all the sudden through different eyes.

His shoulders squared and he gave a squeeze to the hands holding his, and with an intense look in his wide wild eyes. His lips set in a hard line unused on such a young face.

“No, Miss,” he repeated with iron in his high pitched voice, “We won’t let them take you either. We won’t let them take anyone!”

There was a ferocity in him now not seen before.

Only vaguely did he hear the conversation nearby between the captain-- his captain and Titan.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby SDJThorin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Titan hated Slavers and with their imminent arrival, he was not in the mood for pushy people...

"Miss Captain, I know exactly what Slavers are, in fact I was a Slave when I was younger than Bug here... As for what I'll do if they come aboard... If they wish to be civil and talk, I will talk... If not, Stöt loves to educate rude people.", he replied while fingering his scabbarded sword.

His eyes became dead and cold, something out of the Black that even a Reaver would stop and notice, "They won't be taking anyone while I still breathe, is that clear enough for you Captain?"

[ Tag - Anyone in the Kitchen ]
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:07 am

Kynthia regarded the man in front of her calmly. "Excellent. Then it's hopin' we'll be doing that you keep breathing." she said with a not-quite-smile. "I'm glad we understand each other. I don't much care for Slavers. Would not go amiss were they to end up the wrong side of reaver space."

She turned away from the fuming man, a slight smile on her lips. He'd learn. Soon enough. There just wasn't space on a ship for more than one captain.

she made her way up to the bridge again, staring out of the windows. peering around until she spotted the glint off the scout ship.

"There you are..." she breathed.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:35 pm

**JP between Shoddy & Tarra, with a last-minute appearance by Nakali - Thanks Sjet!**

With Bug's bug firmly clasped in her hand, Tarra walked to Engineering and called out. "Shoddy?" and reached out to push open the hatch. Why the hell was it closed anyway?

She was but a moment away from touching the metallic handle that would tumble locks and slide open the heavily reinforced door into engineering when a goggle covered eye pressed up against the glass. The eye was behind a thick pair of goggles, the glass set into their rubbery housings giving him what looked like saucers for peepers.

“NO! Nonononono!” his voice screamed hurriedly out from behind the door, shaking his head and whipping thick rubber gloved hands back and forth “Don’t you ruddy touch ma door or all bloody heck’ll be unleashed upon thee in a voluminous torrent of untimely demises!!”

He looked down, a loud clacking noise filling the air as the lights momentarily dimmed, and the door slid open slowly.

"Translation?" she asked. "What in holy hell do you think you're doing with the door to the Engine?" Leaning back slightly she gave him a look. "You DO know that anybody might have come by?"

Shoddy stood to one side of the engine, a pair of thick cables held in hands held apart. Said cables snaked away to either side of the slowly spinning radial drive, but it was the ominous arc of silvery energy that danced back and forth from the wires that should have caught the eye.

That and the smell of burnt bacon.

“Aye...I rightly knew a folk might wander by, but it was only a measly 40’000 volts, maybe a few amps. Just enough to throw ya back and out of your noggin without doing anything creative to your heart...”

I think, he added silently as he kicked at a large switch on the floor, the arcing jet of pure engine run off dying just as quickly as it appeared.

“Besides, ya heard there be slavers coming? I reckon that’d make ’em think twice before trying to make me join my uncles and brothers in bondage.” He said, puffing up his wee chest with a bit of Dutch courage...or in this case pure unleaded bravado.

Tarra's nose pricked up at the smell of cooking meat, and tried to peek in and see what breakfast meat and where... but didn't have a clear view. "You know, Shoddy," said Tarra, "You might think it's ok to play with fire, in the form of electricity, but you might want to give it a second thought."

"I heard there's slavers coming... that's what I was coming to tell you to be ready for, but if you intend on electrocuting them..." Tarra took a cautious step back from the door, "Then I doubt you'll get an argument from this quarter." Pulling her hand up, she opened it, showing the contents to Shoddy.

"Know what this is?"

He dropped the cables, the snake like electric conduits hitting the floor with a muted thud. He plucked the small grain of rice like transmitter out from her hand, and placed it into his palm, turning it over and spinning it around as though seeking divine meaning from its electrical entrails.

“Sub dermal tracking implant...” he mumbled, fiddling with a small dial on the side of the goggles “...runs of bio electric never impulses...not big enough to carry anything other than ‘I’m here, and I’m not meant ta be here’ signals back to a homing unit...this came from a slave that was trusted enough not ta wander off.”

He turned, placing it on a flat solid piece of metal by the engine, and rummaged around in a tool kit for something. He then stood back up, came about, and lifted the ten pound lump hammer up into the air, directly above the implant...

"Whoa, hotshot!" Tarra reached out and grabbed his arm midswing.

"That..." she said, slowly retrieving the bug, "... would have been bad."

“Hey!” Shoddy said, yanking his hand free “I’m doing who ever that belonged to a favour! The bug was the only thing those blaggards had on them, smash’in it ta peices’ll make their job a lot harder! And its still transmitting! Gimmie the buggy and let me smash it!”
Apparently, Shoddy smash.

"They're out there, Shoddy." Tarra said holding tightly to it. "Smashing it now will be useless and pointless." She felt the small pulse in her hand. "Besides, if we did it now, it would be like we were hiding someone." Her jaw squared, "And that is something we can't afford to do."

Shoddy seemed torn between taking Tarra by force, retrieving the implant and destroying it...to whimpering like a slapped cat and curling up in a corner and hiding from the slavers when or if they returned.
“I...I just need ta do something! IL...Last time slavers were about I was a wee one, was an;t able to do a ruddy thing and now...now...” he shrugged,. Turning slowly to face the engine “Now all i can do is just about electrocute myself with shoddy wiring...”
One potato...two potatoes...three potatoes...
“Oh...made me a wee pun...”

"Well," said Tarra, curling her hand into herself, "Nakali was thinking of some plan with an EV suit, hot air and this bug..." She watched Shoddy almost slowly unravel. "Does that sound like something you could help with?"

"Aye...aye I might..." he said, his eyes still leading themselves back to the implant in her hand and its sweet promise of instant gratification "I...I justr want ta make the buggers pay, ya know?"

"And they will," said Tarra. "But not now, and not by smashing this little..." she searched for an appropriate term that he might understand, "beggar, into a million pieces." Smiling she took a good look around. "So please," she began, "Tell me why you're cooking in here when we have a perfectly good kitchen?"

Shoddy pulled a glove off one of his hands, the left one, revealing black and burnt finger tips and...yet again...that strong oder.

"Sometimes my handiwork bites back..." he joked, gulping down his fear "Sometimes I bite back."

"Hmmm," said Tarra, grabbing his wrist and taking a look at it. "There are two places on this boat that everyone ends up." Looking at him plainly she said, "One is the kitchen." And indicated his hand. "And you can guess that I'm taking you to the other."

"Ah but...but no..." he said, pulling the hand back "I can still work, gotta work now more than ever ya see...can't be off getting nurse maided and all that when there's stuff needing rigging up for the defense of the ship. The Slavers just us, we'll have a lot more ta worry about than some burnt little hand sausages."

Tarra took a deep breath. It was patient, and measured and swallowing frustration about a foot and a half deep. "Fine," she clipped out. "I'll help here, help where needed, and THEN?" Her green eyes flashed a little in determination. "If we're free and able... YOU are going to the infirmary." Waiting for a moment she smiled. "You AND your little hand sausages."

Shoddy just looked at her like she was green, had two heads and had spoken of unseemly things to him.

"...Are they all as strange as you and that lot the closer ya get to the sun?" he said slowly, nodding at the door "Reckon I should take you to the medico."

"What?" she said. "From what I hear, it's a Scout Ship, so what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Sorry just...no offence but ya don;'t sseem to know the first thing about a radial accerator drive. So helping me....ain't gonna end well." he turned, nodding at it "Besides I jiggered it just so, just this hair of right. Might blow at any second, but still then she's the best little engine that ever really should."

"Ok," she said. "I'll leave you to your radiator drive thingy, and buggering it up is just fine. Hair and all." She smiled and began leaving Shoddy's little kingdom. "I think, with my technical know-how, I might be able to inflate an EV suit. Or at least press the button to shoot it out the airlock."

Turning, she said over her shoulder, "Even if I'm not a guy in a skirt."

There was a long, protracted seond as she gained more distance from Shoddy before a ear splitting.

"Its a kilt! A KILT! The only McDonald to wear a skirt was my Uncle and he was a odd one ta begin with!!"

"KILT!" Tarra said as she left, waving at him.

Making her way back to the Infirmary, she waited quietly outside for a lull in conversation. "He knows," she said, angry flash in her eyes. "And just for everyone's reference... It's a kilt."

"Well..I'm sure I speak for everyone here Tarra when I say..." Nakali said slowly, "Thanks for settling that little bit of curio, sure a lot of folks here about will sleep a lot sounder in their beds."

~Tag Infirmary Folk / Anyone

USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:16 am

Making her way back to the Infirmary, she waited quietly outside for a lull in conversation. "He knows," she said, angry flash in her eyes. "And just for everyone's reference... It's a kilt."

"Well..I'm sure I speak for everyone here Tarra when I say..." Nakali said slowly, "Thanks for settling that little bit of curio, sure a lot of folks here about will sleep a lot sounder in their beds."

Sam was lying on her back, her back that ached, burned and throbbed as she laid on it. She felt fairly funky, not all together great. The pain meds, and the adrenaline, and probably, yes, also the alcohol, made her head swim and she felt light-headed. She stared at the ceiling, listening to Nakali and Tarra talk about the killed. Who was killed or what? Huh? "What?" She asked, trying to get up. She couldn't, not entirely, so she gave up and stared at the ceiling, which was spinning around somewhat. They'd tell her if it was important, so she thought about life, and the past, and how she got to this point.

She wasn't sure how long it'd been, but time felt a little funky anyway. And then, it was life, as it had been, hot and dry, no room to breathe. She was on Santo again, outside in the heat, a bare sandy area. She knew this place, it was the staging ground, out in the middle of no where, where slavers could work on things without any real issue with authorities. It wasn't like some of the nicer places on the planet, where there were forests, or mountains, or even a lake, no, this was just dry unbearable sand, and no one was here.

Instinctively, she walked to the one shaded area, a building. What was she doing? Oh, yeah, she had a water bucket in her hand, and a first aid kit. The slaves. She had to go help the slaves, the ones in the holding area. Most of them weren't well, but it paid for them to be well, to be alright. No one wanted to buy a dying or dead slave. "Bad for business" As she walked, her father's voice echoed in her mind and she caught a quick flash of him in her mind. Tall and broad, with a horrible blond-combover. She had to take care of them, get them better. It was always her job, she was the only one who'd do it right, except maybe Eddy, but he couldn't handle the blood. Richard was long gone, and Jack and Phil always slacked off or lost their temper. They didn't treat them like people, they treated them like property, like tools, to be thrown in a storage room when done. It didn't work that way.

Sam entered the building, looking around, and grabbed one of her keys from her belt. They only gave her a few, she couldn't get everywhere, or do anything much with them, but it was enough to do her job. Job, that's what it was a job. Just a job. Not one'd she'd volunteered for, but one she had to do... And it wasn't a bad job, she liked the slaves, they were nice, well, some of them, and nice to her. Probably because she was nice to them. Then she noticed something was off. The wrong people.

Bug was the first one she saw, and it chilled her to the bone. What was he doing here? "Bug, are you alright?" She asked, as she moved over next to him and gave him some water.

"You knew what was going to happen..."

"No, I didn't know, I didn't know anything, I'm still not sure what's going on. How did you get here? The Slavers hadn't moved, it was just a scout ship."

From behind her, she heard another voice, Nakali. She turned around, looking at him. "I didn't listen to you, because I didn't know." He said, looking at her with those old dead uncaring eyes.

Then Titan, "Now look where we are."

Shoddy's voice was next, "Back at yer home sweet home. Doncha' miss it?"

Sam dropped the bucket she was holding and backed up. "Come on, guys, I didn't know, I didn't mean for this..."

"You knew, you tried to warn us." Nabaal stated as he joined the group of crewmembers in tattered clothes and chains in the room.

"I tried...you wouldn't listen, none of you would listen."

Ameri was next, looking dour, or as dour as the innocent little girl could. "Why would we? We never knew."

Sam sat down, looking around wildly. "What would you have had me do?"

"Tell us." Tarra replied, standing over her shoulder. "Tell us what you are..."

"But I'm not anymore." Sam snapped, "I'm not that, I haven't been, I'm not...I'm sorry..."

"Tell us what you are, Sam, tell us what you, because you have done this to us." Ky said, filling out as the last of the crew in chains.

"I didn't do anything!" Sam ran a hand through her hair, curling up in a ball on the floor. "And I can't tell you, I can't...it's...I have to stop this. I have to stop it. This is wrong, this is all wrong. I didn't mean for any of this...I didn't mean..."
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Tavey » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:12 am

The next eight hours moved far too slowly. Tension within The Monarch rose as the small silver ship seemed to vanish, then return a few times throughout the time.

Kynthia tried to prepare the crew and passengers as best she could. They arranged various weapons and traps through the ship, just in case they were boarded.

Kynthia placed Lu in a shuttle with strict instructions that she was rabbiting if that happened. A pregnant woman, already with a nice little slave ready to be born would be worth a lot of money.

The small ship vanished. Kynthia refused to believe they were out of danger. She was hovering on the bridge, watching the Black anxiously.

The proximity alert pinged. Kynthia looked down at the screen and began to swear as a much larger ship appeared on the edge of it, moving towards them.

"INCOMING!" she yelled.

TAGs

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:12 pm

Unknown to the Monarch crew, they'd had a piggyback rider for a while now. Moving quietly on the hull of the ship, in carefully made suits that were lighter than normal, two men worked quietly, quickly...

They unscrewed plating that covered various systems on the ship. Unbuckled hoses and re-attached them elsewhere, so quickly that the emergency systems barely registered a blip. They'd brought a large canister with them that they had now hooked into the main air supply on the ship. Nodding to each other, they turned two handles, one on each side, and began to release the contents into The Monarch. They also made sure to tag the secondary systems into the shuttles.

This wasn't their first time, after all.

The slave tracking device had pulled their attention, even after they'd identified this particular ship as being the one they wanted.

Odourless, the gas drifted into the ship. It didn't register on any of the antiquated sensors onboard the old vessel. And even if it had, everyone onboard was riveted to the sight of the huge ship bearing down on them. They couldn't out run it, nor pretend not to be there.

The gas finally began to have an effect. Subtly, everyone onboard began to blink, feel sleepier. Their thoughts were unable to connect. The ship was so close.. and getting closer...

Kynthia tried to think of a plan, but all she could do was blink slowly, and try to move her hand.. something was wrong...

and nobody on board was able to do a thing about it...

The Monarch, was humped.

TAGs all - for reactions.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:00 pm

"INCOMING!" Kynthia yelled.

The call chilled Ameri's blood, and she retreated back to the infirmary. Sam needed her- she needed protecting. With her injuries, fighting would likely make temporary damage more permanent, and Ameri felt the need to protect Sam from that.

"Stay down," Ameri told her, trying to hide her tremors as she began clearing out a cabinet. "Stay quiet. We need you strong."

The medic had her mind set on something, some plan, and nothing was going to deter her from that. Not Sam's arguments, not her own nauseating fear. She helped/pushed Sam into the lower cabinet space, filling the opening back up again with supplies, and ordered the muscle to stay quiet once again. "Please, do this for me."

Then she was off, closing the cabinet door, hiding the excess supplies in another cabinet, and running to find Bug. "Bug! Bug!!" she called, running toward the cargo bay. She knew the ship inside and out, knew all of the best hiding spots. She had used her best, closest spot to the infirmary for Sam. Now she had a place Bug would just fit in, and she was praying he'd hear her voice and come running. After Bug was hidden, she needed to make sure Kynthia was hidden, and Tarra, and the passenger. Worrying about the others helped her hold on to some semblance of courage, rather than succumbing to panic.

And then she began to feel sleepy, and adrenaline surged through her body. "They're gassing us!" she screamed the warning, remembering when she'd been captured. She had to fight it, had to make sure everyone was okay. Had to...

<tag>
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:03 pm

With Slavers came the need to be ready to run, to fight... as soon as there was a discussion about the scout ship, Tarragon Hunter was resolved to pack up her Garden Bunks, hiding her valuables and hopefully keeping the damn things safe. She pulled out her ammo, her personal knifes and her Chef's Pin, and placed them in a box, stuffing it in her mattress.

After all, if she were the runaway slave, according to the blinking tag in her bra, she would have fight in her, but not all those extras. It was sometime later when Tarra had finally, to her satisfaction, tried to safely stow everything. But with a heavy heart and sinking gut, she knew that unless there was some way to keep the Monarch whole, that everything that she ever had, and everything that defined her as she ever was would be gone. Taking a last look around at her place in the passenger section, she locked the door and moved away. There were tears that sat in her eyes, unshed and self-pitying, but her mind turned to the rest of them and she swallowed it all down inside.

Fighting chance seemed to be such a remote possibility with Slavers, there had been so many stories. It was tense, intense and the anticipation hung in the air, making it hard for her to breathe. It must have been the full on strain of trying to out think a group of people she could never truly comprehend. She had outpaced them on Bernadette, running to the Monastery to escape them. But the White Lotus was only one group of Slavers... Her mind wandered, drifted, and suddenly, without understanding or comprehension, Tarra began to slow.

It had been gradual, but after being so wired, so pumped, and so tense, to find herself now unable to string two thoughts together scared her. Lounge... kitchen........ corrido-..... sliding slowly to the ground, Tarra lost steam and functioning. There was no use in crying out; no one would come for her. Clear in the knowledge of her own demise, she rested her head gently down and closed her eyes, lost in the dreamless unconsciousness of gas-induced sleep.

USS Legacy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Curtin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:20 am

[A joint post between Paul and Sam]

Paul ran through the corridor of the ship. He had to hide, before the gas knocked him out. Someone had to be around after it wore off, to save everyone's collective rears. He had been on the bridge, having been drafted as a pilot, and there were only so many places on the ship a man could hide effectively.

"Galley... no, freezer? I'd freeze to death before I woke up..."

Before Paul realized it, he was in the ship's infirmary. It had plenty of cabinet space, that was for certain, but could he fit in any of them?

Sam stuck in the cabinet, Ameri had stuffed her into it. It hurt her back, causing ripples of spasms, and so as much as it hurt her emotionally to get loose, and as much as she knew it would mean getting into the hands of her family, she had to get out, before she let onto them all that there were people hiding places. So, she moved to the side until she pushed the door open and flopped out onto the floor, gasping in pain as she did.

Paul, who was just about to rip open a cabinet, heard a thump, and a gasp. The air in the infirmary seemed clean, for now. There was no telling how long it would remain that way. but, curiosity killed the cat, so the pilot turned around to investigate. "Sam? What the gorram hell are you doing? C'mon, let's get you hidden."

"Can't...hurts my back, spams, pain..." She said pulling herself out, "You get in there."

Paul sighed. "So you're gonna chicken out, and let yourself get potentially enslaved, 'cause it hurts? Puh-lease." He bent down to help her. "C'mon, let's see if we can get you into that bigger cabinet over there."

"Hell, I brought it onto us...not gonna stop until they get me anyway..." Sam replied, "Get into the cabinet, Lieutenant. I can deal with the syndicate."

"I'm not a Lieutenant anymore, Sergeant." Paul grunted, as he tried to drag her across the desk. "You're not making this easy..."

Sam pulled Edward out of the holster and aimed it at Paul, then pulled him down by the shirt collar. "You get into the cabinet right now, or I will shoot you dead here and now just for fenbian principles. We're gonna need capable people to rescue us when this is all said and done, and with my back, I won't be able to rescue a fly. Get in there."

Paul eyed Sam. "Now where is the gorram logic in that? I get in, so I can save your six, or you shoot me? Must be the drugs talking. If you'd just push with your legs, I can get you across the deck to that cabinet, and we'll both be hidden."

"How about I just shoot your arm? GET IN THE CABINET!"

Paul sighed, and let go of Sam's arm. "As long as you don't hold this against me too..." He headed toward the cabinet he was going to shove her into, and crawled in. "Good luck, I hope you don't need it."

Sam handed Paul her pistol, "Keep an eye on Edward, if you lose him, I will hold it against you." Then she shut the door. She could feel the start of the drugs in the air. They were going at this fast. She pulled herself up to bed, then grabbed an oxygen mask, she didn't get the mask on before it overcame her and she passed out.

Paul grunted, and stuck the pistol in his waistband, at the small of his back. "Yeah... only you would name a gu..." the sentence was never finished, as the drugs overcame the pilot as well.
My real name is Stephan. Y'all can call me that OOC.

Manheim Fleet Captain

"I would be happy to have a Star Trek come on in 15 or 20 years where people say, 'Now that is good! That makes Roddenberry look like nothing!' And that would please me!" - Gene Roddenberry, 1989
Curtin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby Sam Crerar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:58 am

After everyone was out from the gas, the airlock was opened from the outside. Two large blond men entered the cargobay, armed with rifles, although they weren't expecting any resistance. "Phil, you check the bottom half, I'll take the top."

"Come on, you always take the top, Jack." Phil complained with a smirk. He shook his head then headed through the cargobay, looking around for new 'recruits', the runaway, and of course, the main target. Phil motioned for the three men behind him to follow. Mainly pack mules, but they were useless on the occasions the gas didn't work.

Fifteen minutes later, the two brothers and their assistants had finished rounding up the new recruits. A red-haired woman, early twenties, probably. A young boy, one with a slave's mark on his shoulder. A man in a kilt. A pregnant woman found in the shuttle. A large, pretty man. A young enough man, but one that looked like a freak with weird skin. And of course, the muscular blonde woman that they'd known so many years ago.

"Not a bad haul, but I was expecting more..."

"Eh, well, it's still shiny. Didn't bother grabbing the old guy, he doesn't look worth the money to sell him."

Phil nodded, then picked up his younger sister, flinging her unconscious body over his shoulder. "Let's go, they'll be waking up in an hour or so."

(That means Ky, Paul, Nabaal and Ameri are still aboard to do the rescuing.)
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

On The Monarch

Postby Tavey » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Kynthia groaned as she rolled over onto her stomach. The grating bit into her hands as she pushed herself up and onto her feet.

"SING OUT!" she yelled into the ship. It felt...

empty.

Wrong.

She staggered as she stood up, trying to get her bearings.

"Where are you all?" she muttered then. And lurched her way to the bridge.

TAGs - on the ship

"HELLO!!!" She called again, panic beginning to set in. "Anyone? SAM! SAAM! AMERI... oh great humping elephants. Ameri! "

TAGs

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Sam groaned as she woke up in a dark room, hands tied firmly behind her aching back. Her mouth was dry and her tongue was sticking to the roof of her mouth. This was entirely too familiar. Even with her limited exposure, it was something that she knew.

Then she realized the room wasn't dark, she was blindfolded. It wasn't entirely effective, there was a little bit of light at the bottom. "Hello?" She asked, her voice was raspy, and she coughed a little. The room, especially the floor, was chilly, but so far she was still clothed, which was good, so far. "Who all's here? Listen, guys...stay calm, just stay calm, they'll take advantage of you..."

Then the doors opened, she could hear the boots stomping. "Well, well, well, our sleeping beauties are awake." She heard Phil, or maybe Jack, say with a tone of glee and malicious intent. "Samantha, you're looking well...actually, you're not, but that's alright. For us. I like your friends."

"I like the red-head..." The other leered.

"I imagine she does too."

"Nice to know you still make me look more civilized than the two of you combined." Sam growled, trying to sit up a little more. "What do you want?"

"Well, your fate, is not up to us... your little friends, fun, and profit. More or less profit." Phil replied, taking off Sam's blindfold. "And also to torment you. You see, you are in deep, dark go-se. Betrayal doesn't bode well, and you don't leave the family...much less killing people as you go. They were my friends."

"Chou ma-niao, like you worry about murder, hun-dahn." She didn't get much further, because Jack slammed his fist into her jaw.

"Shut your whore mouth! We'll fix your attitude..." Jack said standing up. Then the door opened.

"Crerar and Crerar..., the boss wants you to see him, now."

"We'll finish this later, Samantha."
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Quamie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:57 pm

"SING OUT!"

Ameri lurched awake, her head pounding. She was dizzy, disoriented. Who was it? Kynthia's voice. The Monarch. She was in the cargo bay, in one of her hiding spots. She crept out, surprised that she had managed to hide. She didn't remember. A barrel had fallen in front of her hidey-hole; that must have saved her, she thought as she pushed hard to roll it away.

"Kynthia!" she screamed as loud as she could.

The medic slid out of her hole, squeezing out the opening she'd made. Immediately she lurched to the steps and grasped the handrail to help her up. She had to check on Sam. "Sam! Bug! Hello!" Please, please, please, let there be others, not just her and Kynthia.

She froze as a thought struck her. What if they were still here, waiting for them to crawl out, to catch them all? She could be jeoparidizing everyone. She shuddered, pushing the thought away. It was paranoia. She had to get a grip. Ameri ran to the infirmary, only to find the room empty. Could Sam still be hiding?

"I'm coming!" Ameri ran to the cabinet and threw it open. The sight made her sit down hard. No Sam. "Sam!" she screamed, hoping against hope. "SAM!!!"
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:21 pm

[ With the Slavers ]

She was sure she was leaning forward, head on her chest as the pounding began inside of her skull. Her hair hung like a curtain in front of her face and for a few breaths, she didn't know where she was, or even who. What woke her were male voices talking, a deep buzzing that curled into her waking consciousness and she saw nothing.

Heard references to her - at least she THOUGHT that she had - raucous laughter intruding and...

And then she heard Sam. Listening for a few beats and was shocked. They were talking like they all knew each other, like the slavers and Sam...

Wait.... She remembered something... Her name: Serena Johnson. And then, as a horrid reminder of her past, it came crashing upon her in a solid lump of heavy information, threatening to bury her beneath it. Then her present, her knowledge of it as far as she could recall was thrust upon her like a red-hot poker to the brain. Tarragon Hunter. The Monarch.

And then, just as if she had dreamt them, the voices were gone. "Mei Dade," Tarra said, croaking slightly and trying out her voice. "Where the xiancho are we?" There was a quaking, it started in her gut and threatened to overcome her. "Slavers," she whispered and felt tears get absorbed into the material against her eyes. "You..." but the words died on her lips.

She shook arms, legs, tried to get her bearings and all she managed was painful struggling and a seizing fear. She cried as silently as she could, small breaths in and out of her nose as she tried to master herself. Who else was there with them? And what would happen to them?

She imagined her plants, tucked safely in her Garden Bunks and thought on her worldly possessions. And pushed all other thoughts away from her. No one knew where they were. No one. Cargo for Carthage, but that would only get the receiver mad, not lookin'. There... was no one. She was afraid - for herself, but most of all? - afraid for those in there with her.

"Tarra." She answered Sam's question when she thought it was safe, voice barely above a whisper. "Tarra's here."

~Tag Sam and Slave-ees

USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Curtin » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:09 am

Paul groaned as he slid out of the cabinet. His back cracked. "Ow!"

"SING OUT!"

"Uh! Skip! I'm in the infirmry! Good place too, since I have one hell of a gorram headache..."

"SAM! SAM!"

Paul followed the sound of the voice. "They got Sam. She was with me in the infirmary."

[TAG Ameri/Kynthia]
My real name is Stephan. Y'all can call me that OOC.

Manheim Fleet Captain

"I would be happy to have a Star Trek come on in 15 or 20 years where people say, 'Now that is good! That makes Roddenberry look like nothing!' And that would please me!" - Gene Roddenberry, 1989
Curtin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby Galifestus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:57 pm

Burton Sifton awoke. It was when the men were hassling his Sam. He was no stranger to the jibes and the insults or the brutality that it came with, and he knew one thing. Never get in between family matters. But knowing a thing and doing a thing? well that was two seperate issues.

"Don't worry, Sam, we'll get out of this. I might have to do something bad, though. I'm real sorry, but I guess I just gotta, dong ma?" He shuffled over to his friends, bonds and all.

Quietly he added, " I got a plan . . ."

~

Turley had his news for the captain, and it was good. The kid was on record. He had been collected, trained and conditioned by the Alliance in their "Clean Up The Streets" campaign three years ago, and had been sold with a large consignment to a shadowy government subauthority, with no records since. Faking up bills of sale, health audits and all the other necessary paperwork for the young boy would be easier than raping him later in a private cell. His mouth watered and he became excited thinking of it as he took the news before the captain.

A short while later, Turley and a couple of goons-- not the Crerar brothers as they had . . . business, with the captain, but a couple of the dozen or so heavily built and cyberneticly enhanced ( or really well drugged up) enforcers aboard (along with the capture specialists and technical crew)

--Anyway, they opened the fresh recruits' cell, and in a loud commanding voice, said, "Burton Sifton, you have been acquired lawfully as an escaped servitor." The wording was all too flowery, but necessary.

"Sir, I understand, sir" said the boy, a strange inflection coming into his voice.

"You will stand," said Turley, and the boy complied. "You will step forward," said Turley and the boy complied, head bowed in its black cotton bag. A motion of the hand and the boy was snatched up by the enforcers and pulled out of the room, the door slamming sharply, its metal bolts slamming home.

~tags for outrage and such~

Outside, Turley removed the bag from the boy's head and looked at him. He smiled a broad grin. The boy was perfect. The right height, the right build, even the right colors to his hair, eyes and skin. The skinny bent man with sparse black hair and soulless black eyes touched softly as he removed the restraints, but ever watchful for the treacherous move. There on the shoulder was the mark indicating Aliance conditioning, but it never hurt to be certain.

He held out a hand to one of the goons, and it was filled with a nasty black weapon, a pistol of large caliber and capacity. He put this in the boy's hand and ordered, "Now be a good boy and blow your head off."

Instantly the gun was at the boys temple and the hammer dropped repeatedly in sharp stacato on an empty chamber. The oily pedophile smiled, pleased at the performance. "You'll do nicely as my cabin attendant for the rest of this voyage, Burton. Return Gunther's weapon and follow me."

Quietly, the boy did as he was told, following the slave ships third lieutenant towards the private quarters of the ship's crew.

~tags
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:38 pm

“You know...you guys take me to the nicest places.”

This was Nakali’s two cents as the heavy duty locking bolts on the cargo hold/slave hold/quarters/mass grave they were being held in slammed shut after the poor boys exit. He’d been awake long enough to know just how bad it was likely to be, and there was a little part of him that would dearly enjoy getting back to the land of the unconscious any time soon.

Well, sooner or later anyway.

With a grunt he rolled onto his side, an uncomfortable task given that his arms and legs were bound up like a festive turkey, so he had nothing to slow him down as the A-Grav took hold. He landed hard on his shoulder, a small spark of pain sliding through the ball and socket joint as he pressed the side of his head down against the grated floor.

“You know...” he grunted, sliding his blind fold covered face back and forth against the grate “Things...could be a whole lot worse...I mean we’re alive, this is a good thing...this smell, and I pray to god I’m nowhere near the source of said smell...this smell could be worse. Crawled through a hot sewage pipe on Hades V onc upon a time, now that...that was a whole other level of stink to this place.”

With each grating slide across the cells floor, a little more of the blind fold was tugged up on one side, a little more each time until one eye was able to peek out from under it. What he saw wasn’t exactly a pleasing sight, wasn’t exactly an alarming on either: the price one paid for a active imagination.

“I’m gonna suggest we all just keep the blind folds on, the view’s not exactly four stars.” He admitted, rolling onto his back, which resulted in him rolling onto his bound arms with a grimace of teeth, and then rolled onto his other side, spotting Tarra,

“Hey...Tarra you still with us over there? Can’t have you wandering off on us now, we need you.” He admitted, before adding quickly “Wouldn’t trust Sam here to boil water let alone cook, so stick to the here and now and not tomorrow.”

TAG-All, sorry for the lag in postage. I'm back.

Nakali 'Xiancho' Sjet
Last edited by Jake Sjet on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:47 pm

“They went and got a lot of good folk Son...” A callused parchment skinned hand landed on the younger mans shoulders. Nabaal looked as well rested as a bride before her wedding day, the gifts bestowed by God upon his most loyal of Gunnery Sergeants which allowed him to sleep through air raids and gas attacks as if they were the most natural things in the world. He nodded at Ky, eyeing the young medic who looked about ready to think about one day starting puberty.

Oh Lords, save me from her tender shaky handed mercies...

“I’ve vented the atme scrubbers, whatever gas they used we won’t be breathing no more of it unless they decide to plumb it back into the mains like they did.” He rolled his tired shoulders, the Rim World accent that might have been called Southern once upon a time adding a twang to each word “Might I suggest we get you Miss Captain into a space suit and all sealed up? They come back to finish the job, would be nice if someone was able to teach’em a thing or three...should they come back that is.”

He looked around.

"I would be assuming correctly the we're doing this the Browncoat Way?" he eyed Ky "We ain't leaving no man or woman behind?"

TAG-Rescue folk, this is sounding like a bad joke. A pilot, a engineer, a pycho and the child medic walk into a bar full of slavers...

Nabaal
Not Only Will the Rim Rise Again, We’ll Do It Right This Time and Kick Your Asses!
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch