Family Frustrations.

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Curtin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:04 am

As the bay doors opened, he squeezed them out of there and punched out a Wave to the Monarch, he just hoped that the ship and her crew were still alive and able to respond. It contained nothing more then their current co-ordinates, flight plan and comm frequency

Paul sat up as his console chirped. He tapped a few buttons. "Uh, Skip? I'm picking up flash traffic from a shuttle. I've got coordinates, and a flight plan..." the pilot paused. "And a comm frequency. 101.87 megahertz. Talk about low-band."

<Tag Cap'n! Sorry for my absence!>
My real name is Stephan. Y'all can call me that OOC.

Manheim Fleet Captain

"I would be happy to have a Star Trek come on in 15 or 20 years where people say, 'Now that is good! That makes Roddenberry look like nothing!' And that would please me!" - Gene Roddenberry, 1989
Curtin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:39 am

It was a curt and cold response from Tarra, something Sam had worried about. She grunted a response, then opened the first aid kit to help with Titan's wounds. This wasn't what she wanted. "I'm not the badguy, Tarra."

"Not right here. And not right now." Tarra said and kept her head down.

After sitting for a bit, she realized something, now that the rush to leave had finally subsided. She was bruised from ankle to mid-back, she was sure, and now felt her muscles stiffening from having been in cramped quarters for so long.

Hot bath was her mantra for the moment... heating pad... hot compress... ANYthing to ease up the strain and pamper her. Looking down at some criss-crossed scrapings across her legs, she made a mental note NOT to wear skirts ever again.

She felt a little dizzy, a little dehydrated and was now running on pure focus. No more speaking. No more excess energy expended. She held the poppers in her hand and hoped to whatever deity was near and fluffy and dear to his heart would spare her the embarrassment of passin' out in the centre of his chest. Especially in the middle of his seizure.

Sliding her legs out from under her, she gently plopped her butt on the deck of the shuttle and sucked in her breath in shock and pain. Well, if she was afraid of unconsciousness, Tarra decided that all she'd have to do would be to shift slightly. The reaction alone would do it.

~Tags

Tarragon Hunter
Chef and Crew
Monarch - Firefly Class
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:34 pm

"Uh, Skip? I'm picking up flash traffic from a shuttle. I've got coordinates, and a flight plan..." the pilot paused. "And a comm frequency. 101.87 megahertz. Talk about low-band."

Kynthia grinned. It had to be her crew. Had to be. She called to Ameri, worried at the tone in the medics voice.

"Ameri! Come on, the gang will be glad to hear that you're OK too!"

TAG - Ameri

She toggled the comm frequency, raised her eyebrows towards Paul, for no other reason than she felt like it, and pressed the button to open the Wav'.

"This is Captain Kynthia Talland of The Monarch. Identify yourself. "

TAG - the shuttle!

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Sam growled at Tarra's response and turned her back on the other woman. "Not right here, not right now." She said in a fairly decent imitation of Tarra. She rolled her eyes. It almost made her want to be back with her blood family. This certainly wasn't really family anymore. Not when everyone by their actions were showing her they thought she had meant for this to happen. What was she suppose to have done? Ugh. She needed a drink, a rather stiff one.

"This is Captain Kynthia Talland of The Monarch. Identify yourself. "

Sam got up, pushing the wave button. "Kynthia, Sam, we're all here. Got a couple injured. Where are you from our coordinates?" She asked, allowing herself a smile for a moment. "Everyone okay on the ship?"
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Tarra really didn't have the time nor the patience to deal with this all right now. Her body was throbbing, her head was throbbing, and spinning in larger and larger concentric circles. She wasn't sure how anyone was, nor what was happening anymore. Just that, after so much stress, push and demand, the pressure was finally released.

She was leaning against something... or maybe that was someone... As she sort of heard Kynthia's voice and Sam's response, she felt her eyes closing out of protest for the rotation of the 'Verse. It was a relief to finally let go as she slid to the deck...

Tarragon Hunter
Chef and Crew
Monarch - Firefly Class
USS Legacy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:34 am

It was a small grey room. The floor was black and white squares, like a checkerboard.Steels framed chairs were arranged around the walls. The light didn't seem to have a source. There wasn't any doors or windows. In the chairs sat about a dozen little boys, each one of whom Bug recognized as himself, or just like himself.

They all sat scowling at him and each other, each seeming to blame every other for their predicament. It was really only a matter of time before the shouting began. Blame and reproach flew about the room like bolts of fire and lightning. Bug watched and waited, and being silent, it was almost inevitable that all the others began to hurl their venom at the one unresisting mark.

"Yes. All my fault. I know."

With the admission all the others vanished, replaced by a tall slender old man who looked down at him from under enormous eyebrows. He wore a suit half military half medical, neat and perfectly fitted. His hands were held behind his back and he clicked in admonishment.

"No," the man said in a very educated accent, "this one will never do for special service, will you Master Burton. No, it's off the the household service you'll go. No place for consience in a special service man."

The man turned as if to go vanishing instead. He was replaced by another Bug, this one in a tightly fitted uniform, grey and black. Bug stared at him and he stared back for a long time, and Bug often found himself looking out of those other eyes, like being two places at once, but those places so similar that the differences were imperceptable.

"I have to go."

"I know. It's okay."

"They might be angry."

"Yes."

"You won't have--"

"Look, it's okay. I'll deal. If they don't like me anymore, then I'll get by wherever they leave me."

"Still, I'm sorry to put you in the spot."

"Not your fault. Mine. Couldn't, well, --"

"Yeah."

They stared one at the other for a moment more, and then the uniformed Bug looked away and vanished.

The little boy lay on the deck where he had been put. He had taken to murmuring in his sleep as it were for a few minutes. Then he suddenly and violently convulsed, flopping like a landed fish for five or six seconds and then shuddering all over for thity seconds more.

His eyes fluttered open and he stared about him.

"Sam?" His voice was real quiet, but full on ernest.

~tags
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Kynthia grinned in delight at hearing Sam's voice.

"We're on the way to the co-ordinates you sent. Any injuries? How are you all?" she demanded. She stared at the tiny, dirty screen that housed the scanner. She pointed at a tiny blip on it.

TAG

"Paul - that's them, if this information is right. Two hours away. That push made all the difference."

TAG - Paul.

Turning again to stare out of the window, into the pinpricks of light that scattered across the velvet black.

"We're on the way. head towards us, sending our location now. How did you get out?"

TAGGITY tags!

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:41 am

"We're on the way to the co-ordinates you sent. Any injuries? How are you all?" she demanded. She stared at the tiny, dirty screen that housed the scanner. She pointed at a tiny blip on it.

Sam sighed, "Titan's got a hole in his thigh the size of my fist, lost a lot of blood. Bug, he's...don't right know what happened, but, probably needs Ameri to look at him. The rest, bumps, bruises...got myself a blackeye I can hardly see out of."

"Paul - that's them, if this information is right. Two hours away. That push made all the difference."

"We're on the way. head towards us, sending our location now. How did you get out?"

"Got it, readjusting hea-" Sam stopped when she heard a convulsing and flopping from the back. She punched in the course, then ran to the back to see Bug on the floor, looking up.

"Sam?"

Sam knelt down and checked him over. "I'm here, Bug, we're away from them. Take a few deep breaths."
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:10 pm

Serena Johnson awoke in the darkness. The smell was a dead giveaway. Where human filth and feces and the scent of fear was prevalent, she now could discern light waftings of basil, fresh mint and chamomile. A deep, cleansing breath and she knew one thing: she was aboard the Monarch in her own quarters.

Regardless of HOW she managed to be resting comfortably, or as comfortably as possible as she shifted and felt a twinge in her left ass cheek, she was home. And with the regular sounds of the ship around her, minus those few minor pingings that sounded out of sorts to the paced whir of the engines, she figured she must have been safe.

As her eyes adjusted, she realized there was a half-light from the floor; the glow tape still lit and giving her face a ghostly caste. Her weapons were there, and everything else was perfectly in place. Reaching between her matress and the bed frame, she located her JIC parcel. With all being right in her world for the moment, she drifted back to sleep and hoped that the bruises would heal quickly. And reminded herself of her decision against wearing a skirt. Ever again.

~Tag

Tarragon Hunter
Crew and Chef
Monarch - Firefly Class
Bruised and recuperating
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Bug stared blamkly at his older friend, Shoddy, who held out a few basic parts that any first week mechanic student could assemble in five seconds. He shook his head slowly, eyes on the bits held before him. This was the ninth set of objects he could neither identify nor assemble. The possible uses of any of the several parts Shoddy had shown him, which he was once able to list like a tech computer, completely escaped him.

"I just can't, Shoddy." He lowered his eyes, unable to meet the disapointment in his friend's.

The change in Bug was subtle at first. The more part of his cheery personality was as it had been before, but it became obvious even before he had left the shuttle that something was different. After his episode he had quickly recovered, taking a few breaths as Sam had said, and then seeming fine. When a shudder ran through the little ship and the engine quit, however, he was of no use at all. It was lucky that Shoddy with his trained skill was there to keep things in hand till the Monarch arrived.

His skill and vigor as a cleaner and rudimentary cook were unblemished, and he eagerly set about righting wrongs of disorder and grime, but he would take more short breaks, sitting down and staring off into the spaces between. His dreams became lucid and vivid, so to him it seemed he lived a double or treble life. Cleaning and attending the Monarch in one, and flying through ruined ancient temples with his kung fu in the other, or whatever.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:41 pm

It all started with a plant.
Well two plants if you really wanted to be picky. These two plants had begun life as a generic breed of rose and orchid, one a brilliant blue and the other a water colour rainbow dash of crimson and ivories. These two plants were as normal as you could get, until you placed them into the tender mercies of a botanist and a chemist. The refined pollen from the rose was a great aesthetic pain medication, and the powdered leaves of the orchid had a wide range of medicinal uses that aided primarily in the treatment of skin related injuries.

So, this botanist and chemist thought, what if we invited a geneticist to this party?

And they did. The geneticist took the genes of the rose and the orchid, spliced them together as best he could whilst trying to preserve their medicinal qualities, and gave birth to the first rose/orchid hybrid called a Screaming Violet. This was because it seemed to grow its long, drooping, mathematically imperfect petals in a single colour.

Eye hurting purple, the sort that told anyone with half a brain 'I do not taste good, I will do you no good, only glue eating kids with low IQ come near me'.

Now the botanist and the chemist powdered the leaves, and refined the pollen, and preformed a number of tests on their newly discovered wonder plant. Except it was no longer a wonder plant, in fact the quirks and traits they’d wanted to transfer into a single plant were gone. Vanished, along with any sense of beauty the rose and orchid had held before. But, there was one appreciable quality that soon became apparent.

If you mixed the pollen in its refined state with the powder from the leaves, and threw in a saline solution to make it all soluble, it did remarkable things to the chemistry the brain floated in. Dopamine levels shot through the roof, and the brains electrical signals began to fire off on all cylinders, and in general you got one of the best natural highs you could get from a planet based chemical compound. There was zero medical use for this new found plant drug, as the high was limited in effect and the healing process was even retarded in some test cases.

The botanist and the chemist destroyed their samples, weeping at the disaster of their folly. All expect that is, the geneticist. You see he, on the other hand, was in a bit of a bind for funding. So when they came for his samples, they found a empty lab, a empty sample case, and a scribbled ‘I.O.U’ with a smiley face on the end. They’d been shafted.

And the geneticist? He went on to become a bit of a gardener, and something of an amateur chemist. The sort that could refine pollens, powder leaves, and add a little saline to the mix and...

...provide people like Nakali Xiancho Sjet with the sort of high that really turned the higher function of the brain, like fear, panic and the crushing sense of your own mortality, into very vague concepts. The drug, which came in a little purple skin popper, was called Rapture. What it did, and how it did it, really never came to the forefront of the thoughts of those who used it. Placed just below pot on the list of very bad plants ‘good’ Alliance citizens should have nothing to do with, if you were caught with a few poppers of it you were given a fine and sent on your way.

The amount Nakali carried in his little med kit would be called by the police ‘...an intent to supply a heavily populated industrial world’. And that’s before you got onto the other items secreted in the egg shell white plastic box, the sort of chemical compounds and nano forged secretions that carried hefty, even mortal sentences on some inner core worlds.

Nakali rested, or just lounged, on the med bay chair/table with all the attentiveness of a pickled onion. Right now he was staring at a ceiling panel, the third one in from the right, the one with the little tiny crack running north to south from its left corner (or bow to stern if you wanted to get all high seas). But that didn't mean he didn't have a thought in his head. Oh no, no no, he had a thought or three in his head.

One of them was about Sam, the slavers daughter, who in his mind had been quite happy with the thought of selling them into a new line of work. Well that was okay, variety makes the spice of life, and hell some of them might like their new vocations. But not Nakali, oh no not Nakali, not whilst in his drug induced stopper whilst he held onto a single solid idea with all his might.

He mumbled something slowly with lips that didn’t really want to work, mostly because the signals coming from his brain just could not be bothered to make the round trip. He tried again, this time a few vowel sounds, a little slurred but getting better. One more time, with feeling!

“Kill...you...” he smiled dreamily at the crack in the ceiling tile, the third one in from the right “...Kill...you...”

TAG-Anyone in med bay? Ameri, you there? Anyone?

Nakali Xiancho Sjet
Who’s just fine...just...fine...man...
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Tavey » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:28 pm

It didn't take long for Kynthia to realise that all was not well with her Crew. She'd welcomed them back onboard, and gotten the ship away from the area.

Then the changes began to show. Shoddy asked her about Bug, with a worried and almost scared look on his face. Sam was more withdrawn than before, and the crew seemed to be keeping their distance around her. Tarra spent a lot of time in her cabin, fussing over the the plants. Titan seemed to be the only one that was more relaxed than not. But he too spent a lot of time talking to people on the cortex.

Kynthia finally hunted Sam down.

"Sam, needin' to be talkin' I think. My cabin sounds good." She grabbed a couple mugs of coffee, and headed into her space, waiting for Sam to follow.

TAG - Sam

((OOC - okay chaps, heading into the end of the episode... ))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:02 am

Ameri had come right away, patching up the crew and not letting them leave until she'd given them a clean bill of health. While physical wounds were easy and straight forward to end to, other wounds were not. Bug was different- he seemed somehow... less.... Like he'd lost part of himself. And Nakali was more off than normal, possibly having an attack of some sort. The best she could do was keep an eye on Nakali as she cleaned up. While she worried about Bug, she couldn't keep him in the infirmary for seeming different. After all, it'd been a terrible, traumatic experience.

She knew. Even though she hadn't been there corporeally, she found herself unconsciously giving Sam a wide berth.She'd need to talk to her about it sometime, but right now she felt too timid. Right now she would clean up her infirmary and watch over Nakali.

“Kill...you...” he smiled dreamily at the crack in the ceiling tile, the third one in from the right “...Kill...you...”

"Nakali?" Ameri said, suppressing a shudder and suddenly realizing she'd had her back to him. She turned around slowly, rigidly- not too fast, now, but fast enough. He was staring at the ceiling, and the smile on his face could only be described as deranged. Well, that and downright frightening.

"Nakali..... are you....." she was going to say alright, but that clearly wasn't the case.

<tag!>

(Sorry about my lack of posting- see my OOC post for details.)
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Sam Crerar » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:42 am

Sam looked at Kynthia, then mutely nodded and followed her to the cabin. Once they were in Ky's cabin, Sam sat down, rubbing her face slightly. "Don't rightly want to talk 'bout this, Ky."

"Ain't rightly got a choice Sam." Kynthia said, pointing at the bunk. She pulled up the battered chair at her desk. "Folks ain't right since they got back on the ship. Was hopin' you'd have some clue as to why that was."

Sam looked down at the floor, "They found out who I am. Not surprised they ain't likely to forgive me."

Kynthia sipped her coffee while she looked at the woman who was her chosen second in command. Saw the pain etched into her face. "An' who is it that you are?" she asked quietly.

"I am Samantha Crerar, and..." Sam stopped, sighed, "My parents are Albert and Susan Crerar... slavers, and murderers."

Kynthia set her mug down. "And who does that make you? Far as I can tell you ain't done more than I done in my time."

"It doesn't matter who I was, I am them, branded as the same as everyone who kidnapped the crew to get me back." Sam said, "Worse than reavers."

Kynthia looked puzzled. She shook her head slightly, a frown creasing her forehead. Reaching forward, she awkwardly patted Sam's knee. "Why? Why are you worse than reavers?"

"Complicated... I told them, that I was related to them, to some of them. And I couldn't, I couldn't shoot any of the slavers, and they couldn't understand, and, it's... They think I betrayed them, and maybe I did."

Sam sighed, "I'm not a monster."

Kynthia shifted her chair slightly closer, peering at Sam's face and trying to figure out what Sam was trying not to say. "What happened?" she finally said. Blunt. "You're my friend first, and my first mate second. We're a team. What in the gorram hell happened on that ship?"

"I know how slavers work, I spent the first half of my life knowing and hating their procedures. They sent half a dozen people to the cell, and somehow we managed to get out, but, Lu wouldn't wake up. I knew they'd just keeping sending more people." She sighed, "They kept yelling at me that I was as bad as the family already, and because I wouldn't shoot Bob, but then threatened to shoot Titan..."

Sam ran a hand through her hair, then rubbed the back of her neck. "I left the group, gave 'em basic instructions, and left. Gave an overhead message giving their exact positions, knowing it'd be the last place they'd look for them if I told them to..."

"Flea eaten monkey balls." Kynthia swore vehemently. "They didn't know you was making sure that your folks was lookin' in the wrong place did they. An' they won't know that. Won't listen." She snorted slightly. "Lu ain't been right since Chris died."

"And, compound issues, so, I got caught. And brought to...mother." Sam looked over at Kynthia. "Ever had the opportunity to sell your soul to the devil?"

Kynthia merely looked at Sam in silence, a small grin on her face. She pointed at her scar, and nodded. The memories and revelations of Chuy Lo, and Sister whatever her real name had been still working through her mind occasionally. "Mother. What did Mother want?"

"She wanted me, in my...rightful place. Phil and Jack, brothers, psychotic, they are like Reavers. Mother, it's business, the twins, it's pleasure." Sam shrugged, "Come back, a partner in the business, and everyone else goes free. My hands were tied, figuratively at least, and so, I agreed. And that's how everyone else found me, with mother..."

Kynthia grinned suddenly. "You're here ain't you?" her smile grew brighter and wider. "Seems to me like you came home. Not stayed in exile. I've got your back. An' I ain't about to let go my best friend over her choosin' to keep the crew alive." Holding out her hand, she waited. "You are still stayin' on this bucket o' rust ain't you?"

Sam nodded, "Ain't got nowhere else to go. They ain't gonna trust me, Ky."

"They will. In time. Right now, I trust you. That'll have to do for them won't it."

Standing up, Sam shrugged. "I'm gonna go check on Bug..."
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Galifestus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:56 am

And at that very moment there was a knock on the door. Opened it revealed young Burton Sifton supporting a tray with glasses and a steaming carafe. The smell wasn't good enough to be Taragon's work, but it was not too bad.

"Cap'm, Sam. Thought you might like some drinkage."

He set the tray on the deck at the opening of the door and crouched to look into Sam's face, and he smiled. The smile showed nothing of the near psychosis that had gripped him aboard the slave ship, nor was it quite the eyes that had first looked at her back on Silence.

tags
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:17 pm

((Figured I'd post since I'm stuck at home, sorry bout lack of posting...))

Lu had finally been cleared to go back to her room, but that isn't where she went. Instead, she went back up to the bridge to sit and look out the window. She hadn't been much help back when they had been captured. She'd been more of a hinderance than anything else. Sighing, she placed a hand on her stomach as she ate the food she had made herself.

She wasn't able to do much of anything in her current condition except pilot, and Kynthia had told her not to do that for the time being, so she was keeping herself out of her normal seat. She also knew that others noticed a change in her recently, but from Chris dying to finding out about the baby, how could she not have changed?

Watching out the window, she watched the stars and eyed everything around her. What was she going to do? She had to figure out how to get her head correctly back on her shoulders. It would take some doing, but she had to look at what was to come, not what was behind her. Besides, if she kept up feeling this way, it would harm not only her but her unborn child. How could she do that? She couldn't, she knew she had to get things straight.
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:17 pm

Tarra still couldn't bring herself to completely unpack all of her plants, and began rotating them out as they flowered and she could harvest things for meals. She kept a small travel bag packed and her weapons on her constantly as she moved through her dailies. Exercise, keeping the bruised behind in motion and muscles toned. Preparation on her days working, cleaning on her chore days, and resting on her off days. Writing to family on Silence, researching some recipes that were more home-cooked and less high brow, reading flimsies to keep on top of news.

But even as she moved through the days as they got closer to their goal on Hera, it had been brought home to her, in no uncertain terms, that despite the vastness of The Black, somebody, somewhere could find you; IF they looked hard enough.

At least no one was looking for HER. She was an unknown and unimportant part of the 'Verse. Except to 5 people back on that planet. The Johnsons. So, on her day off, she was comfortably recuperating in her Quarters, happily insulated from the discomfort swirling through the corridors.

The Tenth, as everyone was calling it, was coming up fast. Nabaal and Sam would be commemorating Serenity Valley, Lu would be burying Chris on Hera and Nakali would be able to set foot upon the planet where it all began for him. That gave them all a great sense of belonging and togetherness. And she could think back on everything that had happened: who had come and gone, who had been and moved on, and if she had some rosemary to plant on Chris Rapson's grave, and whether or not she could bring herself to wear another skirt.

Her special lingerie, that piece of equipment, those bottles of liquor stored for later sharing... Those heavy hand guns went away also. Sticking to her knives and her pants, she was comfortable, covered and feeling more prepared and less vulnerable. There was no use in harping on the past, or even revisiting all of the choices and decisions she had made.

What was made abundantly clear aboard that slave ship was that they all had a common goal but it had scarred them all in one way or another. She had seen things, seen inside of people where all of those dirty little places that suddenly were floodlit should have remained in the shadows. Especially within herself. Suddenly, her quarters felt wrong somehow, not the place for thinking these things.

Time for her special place at the top of the Monarch. She needed to think, to aspire, to write and to dream. After all, they would be on Hera soon enough, and then she would feel even more alone, thanks to The General. More things to think on in the middle of The Black.

~Tag anyone

Tarragon Hunter
Chef and Crew
Monarch - Firefly Class
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:02 pm

His eyes slowly moved from the crack in the ceiling tile, tracking down and to the right, and locked onto Ameri with all the emotional commitment of a battleships main battery. For a second that’s all that looked out from those eyes, a sort of inquisitive confusion as his mind tried to reconcile the face against some catalogue of faces stored in the gate crashed library of his mind. Some of those faces were enemies, and some were friendly, with very different allotted responses denoted to each.

In his current state, defining which response went with each face, was a monumental task akin to recreating the Mona Lisa using a tooth pick and a stick of gum.

“Oh...yeah there...’Meri...” he said slowly, drawing each word from the taffy like consistency of his noggin with evident force and evident lack of worry “Didn’t see ya...there.”

He took a moment to wet his lips before moving his head up and off the pillow. At the moment the Rapture was just peaking, neurons firing and nerves frayed by the constant assault of stimuli. This had led to the brain ignoring a lot of sensations that it believed to be utter nonsense, and for other signals the messages were amplified from ‘Oh my heads moving’ to ‘OH DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS MY HEADS MOVING!!!’

This, of course, can have wide ranging results on the rest of body. There was a deep, rumbling gurgling noise that arose from somewhere in Nakali’s abdomen. It was the sort of noise a distressed coffee maker might produce right before voiding its manufacturer’s warranty.

Which, as it so happens, was pretty close to what Nakali’s stomach was attempting.

“...’Meri...” he said slowly, placing a hand delicately on his stomach, a pained/confused look upon his mottled face “...Might be...in need of a bucket come shortly...”

Krakatoa rumbled ominously.

“Make that very shortly.”

TAG-Ameri, and I'm flashing back to a few week ends ago...dear lordy what a night.

Nakali Xiancho Sjet

Jake Sjet

Postby Quamie » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:32 pm

His eyes fixed on her, through her. It chilled her to the bone, and it took all of Ameri's self control not to bolt. Still. She still wanted to run from her fears. Maybe it would always be her first inclination. But Ameri held fast, and remained where she was.

“Oh...yeah there...’Meri...” he said slowly, drawing each word from the taffy like consistency of his noggin with evident force and evident lack of worry “Didn’t see ya...there.”

He began to sit up, wobbly, apparently dizzy. He looked like he was going to be sick. “...’Meri...” he said slowly, placing a hand delicately on his stomach, a pained/confused look upon his mottled face “...Might be...in need of a bucket come shortly...”

Ameri grabbed for a bedpan, but they weren't where they should be- she hadn't finished cleaning and organizing yet.

“Make that very shortly.”

There was one! She practically leaped across the infirmary, grabbed the bedpan, and ran back to Nakali, just in time....

<tag!>
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Kynthia stared at Bug in surprise. She glanced at Sam, then ushered the young man into the cabin to sit down. She insisted, just a little bit, when he tried to remain standing.

"Bug." She finally said. "You're sittin' if'n I have to take your knees out from under you. Part of the crew, not a servant dong ma?"

TAG Bug.

Kynthia was even more worried than she wanted to let on. "Ain't no slaves on my ship. Won't allow it. Ever."

TAG - Bug,
TAG - Sam

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:01 am

It felt like someone had put a arm down his throat, grabbed a hold of a not insubstantial amount of his small intestines and was attempting to turn him inside out. This was how the dry heaves felt to Nakali as again he retched, visibly pained by the experience but leaving behind a spotless and empty bed pan. He retched again, seeming to curl up around the bed pan for a second before relaxing. He blinked a few times, looking up at the bright over head spot lights without even flinching for a moment, and then looked back down at Ameri.

“Kid you want an opinion?” he said, his voice markedly clearer than it had been “Never take Rapt on a full stomach. Because whilst the high is good and proper, you tend to start falling pretty fast with no parachute and as you can see the landings not all that graceful. Might as well fall on your ass without being accompanied by your lunch.”

He turned around, settling his legs over the side of the bed and hopped onto his feet. He then promptly leaned back, resting heavily on the gurney as blood and sensation rushed back into his lower extremities. He wiggled his toes, feeling the strange almost painful tingling sensation as they responded to his will.

“Well...” he said softly, looking over his shoulder with a wolfish grin on his face “...how much of a grinning idiot did I make of myself? I’d have picked another poison that’d put me out but, well, you start seeing stain glass windows everywhere I grabbed what I could.”

TAG-Ameri

Nakali

Jake Sjet

Postby Galifestus » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:35 am

"Bug." She finally said. "You're sittin' if'n I have to take your knees out from under you. Part of the crew, not a servant dong ma?"

"No, ma'am-- I mean Yes ma'am. Just tryin' to do my duty, ma'am."

He set the tray down and sat as directed using only the very edge of the chair, stiffly upright and looking instantly ready for action.

Kynthia was even more worried than she wanted to let on. "Ain't no slaves on my ship. Won't allow it. Ever."

Bug looked at her wide eyed. "Well, no, Ma'am. Didn't figure so." He could not help a flash of a wry grin as he glanced sideways at Sam for an instant. "No slavers, neither."

TAG - Sam[/quote]
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:49 am

Sam wasn't quite sure how to respond to Bug. "Listen, Bug...you're been actin' not normal since we got back here. I'm needing to know if you're shiny, or if there's somethin' wrong. Ain't gonna be disappointed if you tell me that you're holdin' anythin' against me. I know you had to do a few things that you're probably not proud of, and I understand that too...you can talk to me, dong ma? And Ky. Ky if you've got anythin' against me 'bout what happened..."
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby SDJThorin » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:55 pm

Once Titan was patched up and able, he went to his shuttle and started the long and arduous process of documenting his kidnapping and imprisonment by Sam's family of slavers.

It was a complete and detailed report to the Guild in which he left nothing out. He also encoded and sent the DNA he collected, created profile images and put names to faces. This would ensure that they would be Black Marked and flagged for arrest.

His report was received and marked for review by the Council. He was also informed that he would need to have a full medical and mental exam before he would be able to attend clients again. He took this is stride, knowing that this was SOP. He had already scheduled them at their next stop over.

Once finished, he went about attending to his wounds. He knew a few ways to minimize scarring, not that he didn't have the medical coverage to get them removed, but he didn't really approve of unnecessary cosmetic surgery.

He also continued his normal workouts and tried to forget the last few days, it was not something that needed remembering. What happened on that ship could stay there.

Tag - All
Current Characters:
  • -- CyberPunk 2268: GM / Storyteller (My CyberPunk 2020 SIM -- PM me to join)
  • -- deadToronto: Karl (Normal -- Mechanical Engineer -- All Flesh Must Be Eaten SIM)

Retired Characters:
  • -- Firefly Monarch: Svek (Security Specialist), Titan (Passenger -- Businessman)
  • -- USS Caduceus (Mirror): K'retok, of the House of T'var (Klingon -- XO of A.S. Medusa)

Leva, Älska, Spel! / Live, Love, Game! / Degero, Amor, Venatus!
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:47 am

The boy looked at one and then the other of the women. His face was a map of concern a ways short of fear for a moment. Then his face hardened in resolution and he squared his shoulders.

"I'm shiny, only..." he hesitated, forming the thoughts into words, a little afraid of the effects.

"You see, it's like this: I'm okay, but I'm not like I was. I know I won't be as useful to you, and I reckon you'll have to think on that some. When all that satuff happened back on the slave ship, some kind of switch in my head got thrown, and I was just along for the ride, like watching a trid movie in the expensive set. I saw a lot of stuff happen, and saw me doing some aweful things to those folks, but it was like it was all okay, like it just had to be, dong ma? Anyway, it came time I was holding that piece on Missus Crerar, and screaming my head off and all, and fixing to open her up and see what color her insides were, and poof. It was like I was in a little room with about a half dozen of me, and we were all chatting and stuff. Then two or three got up and left, somehow, and I woke up in the shuttle like I am now. I can still clean and do little stuff, but I can't get my head around engines or guns or anything real fancy. Now I can't say as I hold no ill feelings for you, Sam, but you gotta give me leave to dislike your family right thorough. If I ain't useful enough, I can't say as I would complain for being dropped at the next landing, but I'd sure rather stay, if you can overlook how I used to be." The whole of the narative seemed to come out in a single breath, so rapid andthick as the torrent had come. His tension over the answer to his staying or not was notably high as he almost gritted his teeth and vibrated with it.

tagz
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch