Family Frustrations.

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Tarragon Hunter had been taking in the sights. She had been silent after the old man had almost given her a heart attack and callin' it a justifiable fright. After all, without him they would have probably been caught by now, separated, caged and well on their way to being someone's slave or other. She shuddered inwardly and spoke up now at his question.

"There are more, sir," said Tarra. "Two to be correct. The young one that you speak of and the sister that's the sanest of 'em all." She avoided the glances she expected, but there was no way she was leaving either of 'em here. Despite Sam's announcement, they DIDN'T find them, and the only explanation that she could figure was misdirection. "You can leave, go to the shuttle without 'em, but I'm aimin' to keep Bug on the inside of the ship. And to bring Sam home with us to our ship, where she belongs."

Shifting slightly, she upended her weapon to check its status. One magazine. And they had stuck with Elias to avoid patrols so didn't get any more ammunition. Suicide. Probably, yes. But a justifiable one if the others could get off this ruttin' ship and get the rest of 'em home. "Moral high ground, I s'pose," Tarra said to no one in particular. "You point me to the way of the air lock, Old Man and you and the others can head out the shuttle bay, unless on this class ship they're one and the same."

A small hiss came from one of the pockets of someone in the group. "Ma, we got the kid!"

"That tears it." Shifting her skirt and wiping the dirt from the back of her shorts and then off her knees, Tarra stood as best as she could. "Best move now, while the moving's good."

~Tag Elias / Slavees

Tarragon Hunter
Chef and Crew
Monarch - Firefly Class
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Image
The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
User avatar
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Um... *looking around* Here?

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby SDJThorin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:49 pm

"Well, I guess we're in an all or nothing situation...", replied Titan. "I'm in... Let's go rescue Bug and the traitor girl from her family... I made a promise to the little guy and I aim to keep it."

He cracked his neck, then stretched as best he could, "Anyone not coming, best get to the shuttle and try to get out of here. Me and the cook are planning to be good guys."
Current Characters:
  • -- CyberPunk 2268: GM / Storyteller (My CyberPunk 2020 SIM -- PM me to join)
  • -- deadToronto: Karl (Normal -- Mechanical Engineer -- All Flesh Must Be Eaten SIM)

Retired Characters:
  • -- Firefly Monarch: Svek (Security Specialist), Titan (Passenger -- Businessman)
  • -- USS Caduceus (Mirror): K'retok, of the House of T'var (Klingon -- XO of A.S. Medusa)

Leva, Älska, Spel! / Live, Love, Game! / Degero, Amor, Venatus!
User avatar
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:01 pm
Location: The Dark Future

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Sam Crerar » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:32 am

"Ma, we got the kid!"

Susan stopped mid-step as she and Sam were walking out of the command center. She grabbed the radio, "We're coming down. You break him, and I'll break you." She closed the channel, then smiled. "Finally, something's going right. Come on, Samantha."

Her mother was happy, but Sam wasn't. Her stomach wrenched when she heard the news. Bug. She didn't say anything, though. She was joining the family again, which meant they would let Bug go, by the deal at least. It wasn't going to be pretty, though. Following her mother, Sam thought of how Bug would react when he saw her with the family, she probably wouldn't be able to look him in the eye, but if he freaked out, she would probably have to calm him down. "Remember our deal, I rejoin, and Bug goes free..."
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:28 pm

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Sam Crerar » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:23 pm

A few minutes after being called, Susan and Sam found their way to where the twins had Bug. Sam was slightly behind her mother, and stopped to check a body, to see if he was actually dead. He was, and she swore quietly, not at the fact that he was dead, she didn't actually know him, but that Bug had had to kill people. He was innocent, he had been innocent. While checking the body, though, she grabbed a large knife from a sheath at his side. It was less conspicuous than a gun, but it would help.

Then she saw Jack, or Phil, lying on the ground bleeding from his abdomen. One of the other pirates was holding pressure on the wound. Sam didn't go to help him, even though she knew how, and knew she should. It was her brother after all. But she couldn't overcome the hate she felt towards him, the loathing and disgust. She shook her head, then saw Phil, or Jack, holding Bug. "Bug! Are you alright?"

"Why is she here?! Mother!"

"She'll be working with us from now on. Drop the kid, Phil. I want to talk to him."

Sam sighed, watching her mother and Phil. What she wouldn't give for a bullet to the brainpan. "Bug, this isn't what it looks like...I can promise you that much."
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:28 pm

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Galifestus » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:21 pm

What did it look like? The boy's mind was in turmoil, and his young face showed his distrcted consternation as he tried to figure the angles. He was unceremoniously dropped to the deck in the next instant and the shock of the impact brought him out of reverie. He was on his feet again at once.

"Ma'am," said the boy by way of greeting to the older woman, bowing in a very proper manner.

He glanced toward Sam a split second and then settled his gaze halfway between the two women standing at attention.

~tags --Sorry it's been a while to reply. heck of a week.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
User avatar
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:47 am
Location: Kelso, Washington, USA

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Jake Sjet » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:11 pm

“Well...living to a ripe old age is way over rated.”

Nakali pulled back the action on the rifle, checking the chambered round in side and letting it slide back with a brittle sound like a bone breaking. He looked pale, but that was probably due to the low lights, and the sheen of sweat beading from his skin could always be attributed to the fact they were in a scary situation.

In truth he was very close to freaking out in a bad way. And he had a loaded automatic rifle within which lay rounds that could very well could be hot loaded hull poppers and not the soft lead half loaded shipboard munitions usually assigned to spacers. Well, spacers who follow the letter of the law. Crazy man with a gun that might blow a nice, fist sized hole into the greater void beyond...

Grrreeeaaaatttt combination.

His heart was pounding through his chest as the old mammalian fight and flight response went into high gear with a spike of nitro to it, flooding his blood stream with adrenaline and other chemical additives to aid the body in its quest to survive. He could feel claustrophobia beginning to climb up the ramparts of his mind, the irrational sense that if he was able to find a air lock, and get out into space he’d be safe...he’d be so safe, even if he didn’t have a suit on.

She was out side...waiting for him with luminous wings...wings that would carry him away from all this fear and worry...

He was keeping his breathing deep and relaxed as his vision became littered with black spots as hypoxia dug in for the long haul, his body craving air he wasn’t allowing himself. If he let himself hyperventilate and feed his body the air it was being made to demand, it would all fast forward uncontrollably...and throw him head first into the jaws of the attack and its fun assortment of hallucinations and delirium formed spectres.

The Angel wanted that...why couldn’t he see that it didn’t mean him any harm...why couldn’t he see the shimmering golden light had no malice in it...why couldn't he see it...

“Are-” he grunted, gasping slightly as he hid the involuntary action with one hand, the rest coming out in a hiss “Are we going, or staying?! reckon we're on a time table right?”

TAG-Tarra, Titan

Nakali 'Xiancho' Sjet
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X


Image

"I will eat your soul :3"
User avatar
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over
 
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:30 pm
Location: Britian

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby KendleRJ » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Tarragon Hunter wasn't the smartest person in the 'Verse, nor was she the most observant. However, there were a few things she did notice and undue sweating and changing speech pattern were at least two of them. Clearing her throat, to attract attention more than to actually physically clear it, she looked directly at Nakali. "You going to be good to get off this boat with everyone intact, then?"

It was more a rhetorical question, like asking someone if they intended on breathing in the next few moments, and didn't really expect an answer other than a sarcastic 'yes'. So, she didn't really stop to wait for one.

Turning to look at Shoddy, Lu and Elias, she smiled. "Get to the shuttle, and we'll meet you there. You have the radio, so if they catch us, head off to the Monarch as soon as you can." Turning around to see where Elias was pointing, Tarra almost blushed. "Ok. It looks like we're both heading in the same direction." Her eyes rolled with the realization. "I'll stay point, same as before."

Her feet made no sound as they moved through the ducts toward the shuttle bay. Since they weren't on the ground, they weren't really stopped. She had a creepy feeling crawling up her spine and she looked behind her. Nakali didn't look well at all and her stomach was dropping at the possibility that they were about to be regaled with his full blown seizure. Moving back beside him, she nodded at Titan. "Mind taking point for a while? Just checking on... a friend." It was a shadow of smile that touched her lips for a moment and she held onto her weapon. No drugs, and there was no way that they could carry him if they had to knock him out. If he could just hold himself together...

~Tag Tighten

One brief look at Nakali and she fell back in step with him. "Try not to hit Tighten, ok?" Smiling gently, she said, "He's the big one with the long hair. The one that would make a really ugly-looking girl."

Tag Nakali

Tarragon Hunter
Chef and Crew
Monarch - Firefly Class
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Image
The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
User avatar
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Um... *looking around* Here?

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Tavey » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:46 pm

It wasn't long before the engines announced their supreme unhappiness at being so sorely used. Lights began to flash in various colours across the bridge consoles. Several suddenly snapped red.

Kynthia snarled, but dutifully yanked the heavy lever back in order to reduce the flow of fuel to the spinning mechanism. She hoped it would be enough.

"Oi!" she yelled into the comm. "Paul, how'd we do?"

TAGs
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Galifestus » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:59 pm

On the Slave Carrier; Near the upper sensor sponson.

Susan nodded at the boy, then walked over and put a hand on his shoulder. "I've got a task for you, one that'd behoove you not to refuse. Find your little friends. Samantha and I have set up a deal, and none of you will be harmed."

Bug was taken aback. He had to think quickly on what to do. For a rather long space of time, it seemed, he had been running on implanted instructions. Now that he needed to make a real decision, he found himself at odds.
"What kind of deal?"

"I keep Samantha, she comes back into the family, where she belongs. You lot can go free, if you rightly behave." Susan replied, shooting a look at Sam quickly, who was passing obscene gestures back and forth between her older brother.
Still, there was a feeling. Bug did not trust the woman. He was not sure he trusted Sam right at the moment.
"I'm not exactly sure how to find 'em, Ma'am," he said with a shrug.

"Yes, but you're less likely to get shot trying to find them, little one." Susan said briskly. "Unless you prefer the alternative of being sold."
"I guess I could try."
They had the upper hand. A lot of upper hands. More than half of which were filled with death and pain for recalcitrant little boys. He had to go along, didn't he.
At least long enough to get into a better position.

Susan smiled. "Good boy."
"You don't have to be patronizing to him, mother." Sam said with a grunt.
"Quiet, Samantha, we're doing business."
Sam grunted again, but didn't say anything. She might be sarcastic and kinda pushing it with her mother most of the time, but business was business, and talking during business could get you killed.

Just then one of the technical support people came into the room. He tried to catch the eye of the matriarch of the Crerar family. This was just the kind of interruption she hated, mostly because with the loss of the other mechanics earlier, it would not be good to summarily remove this one, even if Todd was the most junior of them.

Susan sighed, a frown appearing. "What is it, Todd?"
The young mechanic stepped to her side, trying not to shudder. He leaned in close to her to keep the conversation as private as possible in a full room.
"Ma'am, we have a situation with the reactor. It's heating up, and we can't seem to bleed the heat we need to. I think maybe there's some kind of sabotage involved."
Across the room a smile flickered at the corners of Bug's bloody mouth.

Susan immediately looked at the kid, who had already caused enough problems for them all. "And what happens if we don't bleed the heat?"
Todd reddened as he knew the price of bad news.
"The reactor will eventually melt itself out of the ship, but by then we'll all be so radioactive, we'll glow."

Susan was quiet for a moment. Then turned to Bug. "Boy, I know you gummed it up, so you've got one good and easy choice to make. Fix my ship, or I'll make sure you and everyone you've ever cared for dies as horrible a death as you have planned for us."

"Ma'am, I believe I'm in a position to offer you a deal. You do what I want, and we all live for a while. Don't and we all die."
He crossed his arms in front of his chest and rocked back on his heels.

Sam smiled brightly at the kid in front of her, but then quickly went back to frowning when she saw her mother's look.
"There's a shuttle, let's just kill him and leave the traitor's friends to glow." Phil said harshly, "Leave the traitor too, why you'd want her back I don't know."
"Silence, Phillip. I'm not killing my daughter just because you're sore she left." Susan snapped. "The others...very tempting." She turned back to Bug. "Listen, kid, I've been trying to be nice to you."

"Yeah, I could tell," he said wiping his mouth.

"I could have let my son kill you." She said quietly, "I've offered you a job, I've offered the freedom of yourself and your friends, except for the one that is rightfully mine."

Bug was tired of talking. Tired of thinking, as well. The contest of wills was beginning to wear on him.
It is a well known fact that little boys, when tired, get cranky and obtuse. These factors were becoming less and less controlled by Bug's programming as he tired.
"I'm not at liberty, Ma'am, to take your offer of employment. Thank you." The words were the programmed response, but the tone was insolent. His eyes began to twitch, the vision rapidly shifting between the older woman's pupils.

Susan's lips grew thinner. "Samantha, you try to reason with the boy."
Sam sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. "Bug...I know every part of you is saying no to this idea, but please, we can work this out. No one has to die. I'll just go back to the family business..."
His mind repeated to him from a day or so before to what his programming had said, and he in full accord. “No, Miss,” he repeated with iron in his high pitched voice, “We won’t let them take you either. We won’t let them take anyone!”
"I'm not sure I can let you do that, Sam."
What was popping through his head amounted to a mixture of an extremely detailed tactical analysis of the room and pure little boy rage. The programming and the little boy were beginning to converge into a unified will.
"I don't think you really want to, but really that's beside the point. The Boss will want you back, see."

"It's my choice, Bug." Sam snapped.
"Oh will you quit the sentimental whinging!" Phil snapped, "Just let me shoot him already."
"Yeah, 'cause you can't take me bare handed."

Phil lunged and Sam responded by grabbing Phil, pulling the knife she'd taken from the cadaver to his throat. "Don't give me a reason, Phil, don't give me a reason."
It was the break the boy needed in the very deepest angriest part of his blackening little heart. In that instant, he moved, spinning around the lunging Phil, yanking his spike pistol from its holster slung low on his leg all gunfighter like.
He felt the wind of whipping stun rods that almost got him, and he knew he had fractions of a second before the room erupted in fire and spike dust. He went for the nerve center of the operation, stopping only when he was behind the older woman, muzzle pressed to her left kidney.
"I said," he screamed, "Do what I say, or DIE YOU XIANCHO HUN DAN!!"

Sam wasn't sure quite what was happening, seeing Bug move, quickly to grab Phil's gun. Phil was still in her grasp, knife blade at his throat. She could hardly believe it when she heard Bug's scream. This wasn't the little Bug she knew.

"LIVE OR DIE, YOU FORSAKEN CHILD STEALING WHORE!?"

Susan held still, feeling the muzzle at her kidney. "I think you might want to calm down, Bug." She said quietly, "Before things get out of hand."

Was it too late? Had the trigger already snapped closed? Could a raging fire of fury be unlit?

Tags (Tune in next time for Bug of Fire Part II: An innocent little boy pushed to the edge)


JP by Bug and Sam
User avatar
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:47 am
Location: Kelso, Washington, USA

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:22 am

What came out of Nakali’s lips was a harsh, hissing bray of laughter, a sound not aided by the shadows that played merry havoc across his face. There was no hint of malice in it, or hatred or spite in point of fact; it was more the laughter one might give if they were trying to hide a joke of poor taste.

After all, everyone and their grandmother have heard the one about the girl from Paris B.

“D...Don’t make me...” he tried to get out; taking in a rasping gasp of air to try and fight what was earning to be free. He stamped down on his foot hard, wincing as his face contorted into something resembling a pained expression, but highlighted in a pleasurable over tone.

“Don’t make me laugh.” He let out all in one go, his fingers creeping around the rifles grips, their tips and knuckles would have been bone white in the full light of day “But thanks for trying...I’m not entirely sure I’m not going to make a gorram spectacle of myself.”

He slowed his pace to a crawl...and his voice took on an emotionless canter to it, as though what he was saying was all pre-recorded on a little box in his chest.

“Its coming Tarra...I can hear it almost, like a wave racing towards the shore. I’m falling to pieces up here,” he tapped the side of his head with the wrong end of the rifle, a little too hard to be anything other another mental tap to get him back on track “can't seem to run from it this time, and when I come apart at the seams it’ll be messy. There’ll be blood on the floor by the time it’s said and done. Don’t let it be yours, or theirs.”

He nodded to the two men up front, and then looked at her, ripping the IR goggles from his eyes to see her as nature intended. They were the eyes of a child, a child so totally scared and frightened of what was about to happen there was no room for rational thought or concentrated action. There was what was going to happen, and nothing else.

“Promise that.” He hissed, he hissed, his eyes darting to the dark corners once illuminated by the goggles that were now as black as coal, and concealing all the terrors promised upon him by the demons of his mind “My blood...not theirs...not theirs...promise Tarra, promise me that much dignity.”

TAG-Tarra, Titan

Nakali ‘Xiancho’ Sjet
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X


Image

"I will eat your soul :3"
User avatar
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over
 
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:30 pm
Location: Britian

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:20 pm

"You let me worry about my own gorram blood, thank you very much, Nakali Sjet," she managed to bite out at him. Removing her own goggles she met his eyes with her green ones, more determined and emerald. "You bent and determined on dyin' up here, Bianselong?"

Her lips thinned into two pressed lines and she got up into Nakali's face right and proper. "You are one high maintenance guy, you know that?" Her voice was harsh and low, a whispering reedy sound in the ducts, and mocking Nakali's own. "'Jettison my duffel, be my sidekick, help me die...'" Tears were standing in the corners of her eyes, and her voice was thickening but still strong. "Well, how about trying this one on for size?" She caught sight of The Man Within, chased him all the way inside of his soul and spoke directly to him. After all, it was he that all this was for.

"If I die up here, and YOU get back to the Monarch, there's a box between my mattress and my bedframe." An eye for an eye. "I'd like you to make sure it gets to my family on Silence." Her words were pushed out and so quiet, that the emotion was undiscernible in them. "Tyrell Johnson." Allowing the weight of her request to settle she then asked him, "Can YOU do that for ME?"

~Tag Nakali

She would be damned if he would die up here, damned if his blood, or any of their companions' for that matter, hit the deck of this slaver ship, and she would be damned if she didn't help him. She looked at him then, swallowing her emotions and closing her eyes for a brief moment. She met his blackened ones and hers had softened. "Tell you what I can promise you," Tarra said. "I can promise you that whatever blood is spilt, it won't be in vain." Her pun was a groaner to be sure, and she flashed a lop-sided grin. "Give me your gun, and I'll make sure that at least whatever happens will be up close and personal."

~Tag Nakali

There was a moment, one she knew was lost as she leaned back from him. "We can stay here and wait, if you'd like, for the worst of it to pass. Or we can go ahead and face it, watching the whole bloody debacle unfurl before us like the mast of a ship." Putting her goggles on, she stood. "Either way, Nakali, suck it up, 'cause we're going together. I AM your sidekick after all, remember?"

~Tag Nakali and anyone of the Slavees
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Image
The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
User avatar
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Um... *looking around* Here?

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Tavey » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Ameri suddenly bent over, her face anguished.

"Bug.." she whispered.

Kynthia's head snapped round. "What about Bug?" she demanded. "Where is he. What's going on?"

Ameri tried, but wasn't able to get something coherent out. Just that he was in some kind of danger. Kynthia's heart grew cold. She didn't want the lad hurt. None of them hurt.

She hit the wall of the ship. Hard. And swore at the Old Girl, insisting that the metal and machine move faster, ever faster, to get where they needed.

To save her people.
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Sam Crerar » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:27 am

The air was thick with tension. Thicker than the air had ever been in the war, at least in Sam's mind. Her hand was trembling, she knew that, but time seemed to not even be moving. Everyone frozen in a mockery of a painting, or something like that. Wax museum maybe? For the briefest moment, she was amused by the thought of them all being wax, but that was only very brief. Phil's pulse could be felt under her wrist, it was fast, as fast as her head, that she could hear. Lub-dub, lub-dub, lub-dub.

Nothing would turn out well. If she moved, Phil would take advantage. If she moved, Bug would scare and shoot. If Bug shot, everyone would shoot him. Unless she moved quickly to him to knock him down and cover him. Then they'd probably both be dead. This was not what she wanted. Not what she wanted at all.
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:28 pm

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Galifestus » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Suddenly, without warning or preamble, the boy took a single step back. The magazine dropped from the gun, and then the gun, too, hit the deck with a clatter. The boy's eyes were glazed, staring at something far beyond the hull of the slave ship, even far beyond the known verse, maybe as far as Earth that was. Then almost before anyone could look around at him, he crumpled to the floor, a froth of saliva at his mouth as his breath hissed between his teeth is rapid short puffs.

Bug stood up and looked around. It was a good world, where the terraforming had taken even better than on Silence. A little way off he saw Sam and the Captain working, pulling weeds from a row of peas, smiling and chatting as they plucked up the unwanted plants. Tarra stood on the porch of a white house, a fresh pie in her hands. Smelled like rhubarb. There was Ameri, herding a phalanx of noisy geese towards another field. Shoddy, Nakali, and Titan were sitting at a piknik table playing cards and laughing. Soto and Paul the new guy were working on an old car that sat on a gypsum chip gravel driveway. Bug took a step or two toward the scene, not sure whether to garden, eat pie, play cards or work on the car, but all looked delightful.

A great crevasse opened up before him, spitting out stinking vapor and heat. Clouds ran in over the skay and a thick stinging acid rain fell, burning his skin and eyes. He couldn't see anyone anymore. What was happening?
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
User avatar
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:47 am
Location: Kelso, Washington, USA

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Tavey » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:48 am

All hell broke out on the slaver ship as soon as Bug passed out. Susan Crerar snapped orders into a communication device she had strapped to her wrist. Men arrived, gathered Bug onto some kind of stretcher and whisked him out of the room.

She turned to Sam and smiled coldly. "I want your people off this ship as fast as you can get them off here. No more delays Samantha. Call them, tell them that they can use my personal shuttle. It's in bay three. Then you and I will sort out who is running what ship, and where." She tapped her comm with one perfectly manicured fingernail. "The child is on the way to the shuttle now. I suggest you hurry in case that pet companion decides to kill more of my people. I'm not impressed by that you know."

TAG - Sam

The others had been led, by now, to just outside the docking bay. The old slave hmm'd and haaa'd about coming with them. It was obvious that in some ways he felt safer onboard than not. He pointed with a shaking hand at the mechanism.

"You'll be needin' some kind of distraction. Have ter figure out sommat what will work."

TAG - the gang on the ship.

On the Monarch, things were moving well. The ship had made good headway thanks to the modifications and was speeding through the Black towards the blip on the scanner. Kynthia sat in the second chair on the bridge, watching all around them to see that nothing was going to get in the way.

She wanted her people back, where they should be.
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby KendleRJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:26 pm

It was a serious situation below and a serious situation above in the ducts. However, somewhere in the grand scheme of duct-work creation, there was a weight limit. As they stood discussing plans and all were about to move and find a way down, the weight tolerance of the metal clamps made a horrific noise which gave a brief warning before they gave something else. What they did, was give way...

Our intrepid group in the ducts: Shoddy and Lucille, Titan and Elias, Nakali and Tarragon all took one step to stand as together as they could when they found themselves on their asses on the deck below. Well, sort of on the deck below, since they managed to land on Sam's family as they were doing their very scary threatening. With the slavers under debris and bodies from the Monarch Crew, they were all a little taken aback. Pinned as they were, it gave the Crew time. Blinking in a bit of shock, the former Ductees looked at Sam and breathed for a moment to get their bearings.

"Shuttle Bay," coughed Tarra and looked at the group. There was a shifting sound from the ceiling; the Slavers were moving beneath the metal. "Shuttle!" she choked and pointed forward. "Let's go! Now!"

~Tag Elias and About to be Former Slavees

Tarragon Hunter
Chef and Crew and Pointer
Monarch - Firefly Class Ship
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Image
The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
User avatar
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Um... *looking around* Here?

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby SDJThorin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:34 am

Titan rolled with the fall at the last moment, glad that his training and muscle memory worked to save him from a face first splash into the broken point of a girder.

On hearing Tarra's call he grabbed up who he could, which happened to be the unconscious Bug and helped some of the others up and towards the shuttle.

On his way something grabbed at his leg and seeing that everyone that needed to be on the shuttle was in front of him, he looked back wondering who it could be and saw a Slaver. The fool was clutching at his leg and going for a weapon, so he kick him in the face and continued on.

[Tag - All]
Current Characters:
  • -- CyberPunk 2268: GM / Storyteller (My CyberPunk 2020 SIM -- PM me to join)
  • -- deadToronto: Karl (Normal -- Mechanical Engineer -- All Flesh Must Be Eaten SIM)

Retired Characters:
  • -- Firefly Monarch: Svek (Security Specialist), Titan (Passenger -- Businessman)
  • -- USS Caduceus (Mirror): K'retok, of the House of T'var (Klingon -- XO of A.S. Medusa)

Leva, Älska, Spel! / Live, Love, Game! / Degero, Amor, Venatus!
User avatar
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:01 pm
Location: The Dark Future

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Sam Crerar » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:35 am

KendleRJ wrote:She turned to Sam and smiled coldly. "I want your people off this ship as fast as you can get them off here. No more delays Samantha. Call them, tell them that they can use my personal shuttle. It's in bay three. Then you and I will sort out who is running what ship, and where." She tapped her comm with one perfectly manicured fingernail. "The child is on the way to the shuttle now. I suggest you hurry in case that pet companion decides to kill more of my people. I'm not impressed by that you know."
----
Our intrepid group in the ducts: Shoddy and Lucille, Titan and Elias, Nakali and Tarragon all took one step to stand as together as they could when they found themselves on their asses on the deck below. Well, sort of on the deck below, since they managed to land on Sam's family as they were doing their very scary threatening. With the slavers under debris and bodies from the Monarch Crew, they were all a little taken aback. Pinned as they were, it gave the Crew time. Blinking in a bit of shock, the former Ductees looked at Sam and breathed for a moment to get their bearings.

"Shuttle Bay," coughed Tarra and looked at the group. There was a shifting sound from the ceiling; the Slavers were moving beneath the metal. "Shuttle!" she choked and pointed forward. "Let's go! Now!"


Sam blinked, looking at the few that had dropped through the ducts. "Um, well...that way, go that way." She said, then knelt onto the plating that had knocked her mother down. "We're going...sorry, mom..." She said quietly, then headed out with the others. "This way, come on, and...they've already taken Bug to the shuttle."
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:28 pm

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Tavey » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:03 pm

There was one person who hadn't been knocked down by the ducting. One of Sam's brothers watched her leave with the crew. His face twisted into hatred as he spat "Run Sister. Run. I'll find you, wherever you go. I'll find you!"

His voice rose into an insane shriek at the end.

By the sounds of the running feet, thundering down the corridors towards them, all the crew had to move, and fast.

Helping each other along, they made their way into the shuttle, kicking off the men who were working on Bug. It only took a raised eyebrow from Sam to make them finally shuffle off, looking confused.

TAG's

"Shuttle, you are cleared for departure." announced a tinny voice from the dash. Massive doors opened slowly ahead of them.

TAG
Image

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
User avatar
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Middle of some mountains. Canada.

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby KendleRJ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Settled in the shuttle, Tarra was finally taking a deep breath. Little bloodshed, and hopefully in time to help Nakali before his full-blown seizure. He had been close to climbing the walls before they had fallen through the ducts and then the half-walk / half-crawl to their escape craft.

"Titan," she said quietly as they sat in the vehicle, thankful for clearance. "Can you fly us out of here? We have clearance..."

~Tag Tighten

Wanting to find some sort of medical kit, Tarragon found herself face to face with some familiar weapons. Apparently, she discovered her gun belt and knives. And underneath it, there was a pouch that looked curiously like a med kit. But, upon opening it, she discovered Nakali's array of drugs and controlled and contraband substances meant to keep his regularly-scheduled insanity at bay.

~Tag Nakali

Checking on Bug, Tarra worked with Sam tenuously, but worked with her nonetheless to get him more comfortable and fully in the present. She exchanged glances with her and their was something that they would have to discuss later. Wait until the Monarch... IF they got back to the ship, assuming that it was still intact with everyone else on board.

~Tag Sam / Bug

It looked as though Lucille and Shoddy were still ok, and none the worse for wear, despite the fall. There had to be some water and foodstuffs perhaps, since it seemed like forever since they ate. "Anyone else hungry?" Tarra asked. There were a few compartments in the shuttle that were sure to contain something for them...

~Tag Former Slavees on the run

Tarragon Hunter
Chef and Crew
Monarch - Firefly Class
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Image
The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
User avatar
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Um... *looking around* Here?

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby SDJThorin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:23 pm

As as the last to board the shuttle, Titan slapped the hatch closed and sealed it.

Hearing Tarra's request he replied, "Just try and stop me!" as he jump into the pilot's seat and started whacking away at the startups, but not before he uncoupled them from the main ship. 'That'll slow them down if they're trying to board us', he thought to himself.

As the bay doors opened, he squeezed them out of there and punched out a Wave to the Monarch, he just hoped that the ship and her crew were still alive and able to respond. It contained nothing more then their current co-ordinates, flight plan and comm frequency. He oriented the shuttle towards the nearest safe looking piece of civilization the navcomp listed and opened up the throttle to full. He wanted as much space as he could get, as fast as he could get it.

After those tense seconds and the fading of his Adrenalin high, his vision started to go fuzzy and didn't the damned floor jump up and kick him in the face just when he thought he was safe.

[ Tag - All ]
Current Characters:
  • -- CyberPunk 2268: GM / Storyteller (My CyberPunk 2020 SIM -- PM me to join)
  • -- deadToronto: Karl (Normal -- Mechanical Engineer -- All Flesh Must Be Eaten SIM)

Retired Characters:
  • -- Firefly Monarch: Svek (Security Specialist), Titan (Passenger -- Businessman)
  • -- USS Caduceus (Mirror): K'retok, of the House of T'var (Klingon -- XO of A.S. Medusa)

Leva, Älska, Spel! / Live, Love, Game! / Degero, Amor, Venatus!
User avatar
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:01 pm
Location: The Dark Future

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Sam Crerar » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:40 am

Sam sighed as she looked at Bug, who was still unconscious. Then she heard a very loud thump. That couldn't be good. She headed to the cockpit and saw Titan face-planted on the floor, completely passed out. Sam grunted, looking at the man on the floor. She felt some disgust, knowing that he had murdered many of the people she grew up with. Still, it wasn't completely unreasonable for him to have done so. She rolled him over with her foot, then saw the wound on his thigh, she remembered how he got it. He'd probably limp for a month, and cold rainy days dirt-side would be a pain for him no doubt.

"Oy, Tarra, check under the seat next to the door, there should be a little first aid kit. And no, I'm not hungry..." I've quite lost my appetite. She thought, kneeling down to hold pressure against Titan's wound. He should have passed out quite a bit earlier, but falling from the ducts probably didn't help.

Another sigh, her thoughts going back to what she had done, what had been said. This probably wouldn't be the end, but now, they probably wouldn't ever try to take the crew again. Not after the mayhem it caused this time. That was if the crew decided not to space her as soon as they got back home.
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:28 pm

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Quamie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Ameri flinched, then jerked awake. She immediately wished she hadn't, for the pounding of her head. She was dizzy, and felt nauseous. For a moment, she didn't know where she was. And then, it began to come back to her. She was right where she had been- she'd been trying to keep the connection open. It had been getting harder and harder. And then, nothing. She must have passed out.

A tickle on her lip attracted her attention, and she swiped at her lip absently. Her hand came away wet, sticky, and she saw a smear of blood on her finger. She sniffed, then rubbed her nose again. She had a nosebleed as well as that massive headache.

Ameri stirred, carefully got up. She tried reaching out with her mind again, to see where they were, but she felt nothing. Nothing was happening. She looked around, slowly, for her head pounded with every motion. "Kynthia?"

How long, she wondered, had she been out?
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:17 pm

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Tarra was helping as well as she could, and leaned over Nakali to reach for the med kit. "Here," she said to Sam and slid it over to her.

She kept her interactions with Sam curt and professional. Now was not the time to get into it. After they were safely aboard the Monarch might be a point to start the discussion, if she actually cared to. For now, Tarra was busy trying to keep focused and free.

~Tag Sam / Nakali

"Shoddy," Tarra said as she leaned back to make sure Nakali was medicated enough. She had another popper in her hand just in case. "Looks as though Titan is a little worse for wear. Can you pilot us back, or Lu, are you ok to do it?"

~Tag Shoddy / Lu

Tarragon Hunter
Chef and Crew
Monarch - Firefly Class
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Image
The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing. - The 13th Warrior
User avatar
KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2260
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Um... *looking around* Here?

Re: Family Frustrations.

Postby Sam Crerar » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:08 am

"Here"

It was a curt and cold response from Tarra, something Sam had worried about. She grunted a response, then opened the first aid kit to help with Titans wounds. This wasn't what she wanted. "I'm not the badguy, Tarra."
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


cron