[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Planet Hopping and other grand tales of intrigue.

Planet Hopping and other grand tales of intrigue.

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: Planet Hopping and other grand tales of intrigue.

Postby Galifestus » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:05 am

JP by Fess as Bug and Jake Sjet as Shoddy

The shift worked well, and the landing gear went all the way down to the ground. There was just a hint of a settling shudder as it touched down and the engines spun down. The two young men dusted off their hands and went to checking over everything. They were up on top of the ship tightening down a loose retaining bolt when they heard something.

There was a banging at the ramp entrance. "Oi!" yelled an unfamiliar voice.

"Are you plannin' on lettin' me in to see the captain of this here boat before I get all tetchy, or afterwards?" demanded a skinny scarred man in a fairly nice suit worn without a shirt, a few gold chains hanging around his scrawny neck, and a shabby top hat perched on the back of his head exposing a thin forelock of singed hair.

"I want to see Maverick. Colonel Saul Armstrong!" he yelled again, as two burly men were still pounding on the door.

Bug clambered down to stand on one of the wing pylons twelve feet off the ground, where he could just see the men at the door. He could not hear whether anyone inside was talking back to the skinny man, but he figured not by the growing sense of frustration showed by him.

“Can I help you, sir,” called the boy from his perch.

For a second Ferret looked around, the tall lop sided hat that was his as good as a moniker for him sat atop his head, turning here and there from Bug and Shoddy’s perspectives. It was one of the muscular heavies, easily a head or two higher than his boss, who noticed the kid who had addressed them. Leaning back, with a fingerless gloved hand shielding his eyes from the paling sun, Ferret smiled a charming smile up at the lad.

And by charming, we mean greasy as all manner of hell.

“Well...hello there lad.” The older, gruff looking little man took off the worn hat so as to get a better look at Bug. He was in desperate need of a shave, possibly a bath, and definitely both, and his clothing was in the same tired mess. But he held himself, and his underlings, enthralled by one singular trait: he was a people person.

People loathed him, despised him, pitted him and many out right hated him, but mostly...people feared him. Well, not him, but the large group of very big men with very big guns and very sharp knifes he lead. He was feared by proxy to his underlings, who, god bless their very fetching hats, didn’t have a brain cell to rub together.

“See you up there, working like a mechanic you are...you wouldn’t happen to be under the employ of one bleeding heart Browncoat who, just so happens, to wears his honour and dignity on his sleeve, looks like he could chew asphalt for breakfast. Goes by the name of Maverick, or Saul Armstrong...can’t miss him, swaggers like he’s the only in town with a pair under his knickers.” That got a grin from Ferret and a few guttural laughs from his gorillas with guns.

“No sir, he ain’t here. I never worked for him.”

“Oh now...little kid,” he smiled, looking back at his goons as he returned to eyeing the tiny mechanic “this here is the Monarch, his Firefly, his ship...his link to his bloody little war he wasn’t smart enough to win! He wouldn’t leave it anymore than he’d turn down a hopeless cause, plenty of ’dem goin’ about that’s for sure. So how’s about, ya come down here...and we have a nice little chat, friend to friend, and you can tell me where Saul’s hiding his cowardly crack these days?”

“How about ya kiss my arse and we’ll call it a day!” Shoddy shouted, leaning over the side and tossing a spanner down towards the small group of thugs. Its aim was true, but gravity and the cruel wisps of fates breath sent it just to the left of Ferret’s head, leaning harmlessly in the dirt. Fearing a fluidise of lead from the trained gun lugers flanking Ferret, Shoddy reached out, snagged the seat of the young boys pants and yanked him back before his young noggin was riddled with holes.

“No sir, I don’t think I will come down there, thank you sir.” refused the boy, little relishing another beating.

“Then you ungrateful little twerps leaving me with no choice, but ta come inside...find you, and turn your bloody well inside out through your left nostril till you tell me where I can find Saul Armstrong, the motherless gorram spacer who’s got less sense than a salt addled slug!” Ferret was kicking up dust and stomping his feet, gearing himself up to ordering his heavies to open the doors to the Monarch by force.

Shoddy’s attempts to hold the young man back failed, and gave Bug one more chance to lean over and offer some helpful advice.

“Well sir, if you insist, the Captain of this ship is just yonder,” he pointed out helpfully,” and those would be her guns you’re now looking down, sir.”

Ferret and co turned, slowly as these things do, and looked out across the open slum styled area of Dytons port district at the guns being pointed at him. Some would have gotten to their knees, others would have returned the favour, and others would have looked on in utter disbelief at their poor fortune.

But no Ferret, oh no, not Ferret.

“SUZIE Q?!” he let out in one breath.

Tag walkers up
Last edited by Galifestus on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:41 am

Tarra had been sittin and listening while they were in the Pub; no crazy or funny stories to relate that she could wrap her head around enough to make sense speaking. She had recognized the ball that Ameri was speaking of and suddenly realized that she actually remembered Ameri from Before. The laughing girl at the table, loosened by drink and steeped in carefree memories tweaked something within her. She was slightly younger, three girls together...

In the midst of her mental calisthenics, made all the more challenging with the mutliple beers she ingested, she was vaguely aware that she had missed everything. They were standing and moving, the Captain and Ameri heading back together to the Monarch, Tarra grabbing her guns after swapping her chit out for them and she swayed slightly, walking back. The movement was good, air currents smoothing her hair back from her slightly flushed face. NOW, after stretching her consciousness to its limits, she had a purpose. Her eyes were screaming and her head was begging for that new pillow she bought to lay down with the rest of her on her bunk...

"Sam." Kynthia's voice was flat. "We got company."

It was the tone that made Tarra stop in her tracks. She froze so bad that she even stifled a yawn. She knew nothing of the person who was at the Monarch, but she did recognize two of the people who had followed she and Nakali to the races. "Xiancho!" swore Tarra under her breath gently and she pulled backwards out of the sight line of other possible hostiles. "He ain't alone," said Tarra and inclined her head to include a couple of armed men that were in the crowd and the obvious knot of folks clustered around . "Does this mean we're now on a tight schedule to fly off this rock?"

~Tag y'all outside

One world so far, just one. Silence had a pristine landing and no need to fly away, chased or scared, tail between their legs. What was it about dirt and the Monarch? Like a creature airborne, she suddenly understood. Any animal that flew was always more vulnerable on the ground. Looking at the Old Girl they had toasted repeatedly with amber liquid and joyful voices, she could no longer see their boys outside, but they were above and on top of Her. Monarch looked about ready to go, almost calling to them like a Siren.

She shook her head; young boys in trouble with some men with a strange sense of fashion. It would have been amusing if it weren't for the fact that the hulking lummoxes were wielding really big guns. She wasn't much use in a gun fight; she remembered that little tidbit from Bernadette, but up close and personal? They would be sadly at a disadvantage. Until, of course, one of 'em took it into his head to shoot her full of holes and end her existence.

Until she heard a name that broke from the one with the tallest hat. She was sure he was compensating for something with its height.

“SUZIE Q?!” Ferret let out in one breath.

And Tarra was whisked back to the time when she stood, ready and prepared for someone in the Infirmary, chilling words from Kynthia to the rodent brothers on the ground. Shot, beaten and still bleeding, she closed her eyes against the memory... Suddenly, she was stone cold sober. There was some score to settle and she felt it in her very being. Her shoulders squared and she stood with the rest of them. Her eyes never left the sad little man on his sorry little hill. She recalled someone pulling the trigger, and all she wanted to do was be a generous sort and return the favour.

~Tag Kynthia / Sam and the rest (here on Dyton's isle...)
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:32 am

Tarragon said "Does this mean we're now on a tight schedule to fly off this rock?"

"Nah." replied Kynthia. "'Tis just a bit o' business is all. His real fight is with Maverick, not me."

She watched, her eyes flickering from one protagonist to another in the words that flew back and forth. She muttered aloud to try and get herself back to the right mindset."

"I got to pull that piece of muck out of my brainpan again. Remember, who you see, ain't me. Suzie stands like this.."

Ky altered her stance to one that was much looser in the joints, her arms folded across her chest, with one hip at a slight angle. Her head even changed position slightly. She moved forward, pulling her gun out.

"Nice array of weapons, right at him if you please. We need to be tougher than he is. Even though we got less numbers, he needs to remember that I am a crazy bitch, willing to burn the atmo of this entire planet to get my way. He won't risk that. It's all show."

TAG- all

Once everyone who had a gun, and the couple that didn't, were pointing some kind of weapon straight at Ferret, they walked steadily towards him. Kynthia began to smile an odd cold smile that made her eyes glitter insanely. She swaggered.

“SUZIE Q?!” Ferret let out in one breath.

"'Ello Sweetlin'" Kynthia drawled. "You miss my beootiful visage then that you 'ad to bring yourself all this way to see me. I fink I am that flattered."

With a small motion of her hand, her group came to a stop.

"Wot you doin' makin' dents in my nice door?"

TAG - Ferret.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby SDJThorin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Titan, unsure of what was beginning to happen, stayed back in the crowd and watched.

This wasn't his fight, nor would he get involved. A person of his station did not do such things.

If it went badly, he'd take the loss and find another way to Hera.
Last edited by SDJThorin on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Ferret let out a nervous, but barely restrained broadside of laughter as he ran through as many ideas as he could. Running was high on his list, so high in fact was it on this particular list, to think of it was to start the day with a nose bleed. He could order his men to open fire, after all they had automatic weapons and nothing quite solved problems like a number of high velocity AP rounds. But if the situation devolved to the point of mindless violence, not that Ferret was not a fan of violence in general, there was a slim chance that his own personal safety might be put in jeopardy.

And Ferrets own skin came before all others.

“Oh Miss Q...I, I and my associates were just...” his gloved fingers danced between themselves, as though weaving a deceitful cat’s cradle between his finger tips “..enquiring as to the location or place of board and residence of this ships cap’n...”

His face contorted from rage, to fury, to anger, swinging back to rage and then with a sling shot past the immense gravitational pull of his righteous indignation (though he did not know the meaning of the word) his face finally crash landed back on that nervous twitching grimace.

“That...slimy, no good rotten Browncoat, SAUL MAVERICK!” his voice hitched, as he smoothed his 15th hand jacket’s lapels, attempting to retain some semblance that he was the man in charge about town “I...have some unfinished business I wish to attend to with him...”

He looked up, eyeing Bug with his own insect like eyes.

“...which is being hindered by this young whelp and his smart arsed good for nothing comet Scot!” he spat, with Shamus proclaiming a oath that was anything but polite, turning back to look at ‘Suzie Q’ “Maverick owes...I intend to collect, be it from his hide or his ship...ain’t got much quarrel with er...with you Miss Q.”

TAG-Folks

Ferret
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby Sam Crerar » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:52 pm

"Saul Armstong ain't been Cap'n for near a month now, Ferret." Sam said with two pistols pointed at him. "He's done retired, right bastard couldn't take the black anymore. So what say you leave now and not be dentin' up our ship none? Shiny idea to me, seein' as you have no quarrel with us." Well, theoretically, he did, but at least if anyone started firing they'd be sure to kill him first. Always a good plan when there were four automatic rifles pointed at a group of four people. Why couldn't a quiet evening in town be just that, quiet.
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Quamie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:49 pm

"Maybe everybody should put the guns away," Ameri said, her voice shaking a little. She was backing away, her hands out in a placating gesture. Ferret and his men were creepy enough, but with him threatening the Monarch and all the weapons pointed every which way, that was pretty unnerving to the mechanic.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:02 pm

Kynthia turned her head slightly towards Ameri.

"'Tis alright Mei mei. 'Tis only business. Isn't it boys? Why don't you go over to Titan over there. Or you can have my second piece, and stand with us. It's okay either way." She took another step towards Ferret. The three of them made quite the picture. Tarragon, Sam and Kynthia, coats flapping around ankles, if they were wearing one. Eyes not blinking. Guns not wavering. From near the ship, Lu made a show of getting her sawnoff ready. The click of the action falling into the air.

TAG - Ameri

"See here is the problem Mister Ferret. That there is my ship. All signed an' legal-like. I am the Captain now. Armstrong has decided to be retiring he 'as. All sitting in the sun wiv 'is feet up." She smiled, though the smile never reached her eyes. "On a world far from 'ere wot I 'appen to know the location of."

"You tell your men that it's time to be putting down their guns. I'll be telling mine it's time for the same." She nodded to Shoddy and Bug, both of whom were peering over the edge of the ship, with weapons of their own in their hands.

Kids learnt the ways of guns early in these parts, after all.

"Then you an' me will have us a little chat. What say you Ferret?"

TAGs to all.

She was heartily ready to put aside the slimy personality of Suzie Q Scarpetta. And have a simple cup of tea.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:39 pm

“I say...”

This was the first sign that something of astonishing proportions was about to go very, very wrong. It’s the same moment a pilot has when he see’s red lights appear on his displays and hearing a grating noise from the port engine, or that pain knifing through the left arm of a withered old man after seeing a perfect touchdown score. It’s a sign of impending doom.

“...Miss Q...” Ferret looped his fingers under the lapels of his jacket coat, pushing them up slightly as a slick, greasy grin spread across his face “...I say, what was his...is still his, no matter what he has to sign to get away from it. Didn’t he learn that from his little war, or did the...Bountiful Alliance-”

His heavies laughed at that.

“-not teach him to watch for what he reaps. He owes me, he used to own this rusted heap’a junk. And seeing as he’s not here to stop me, and my guys are just so eager to get paid for the day, you can see the dilemma we’re in.” Ferret turned around, side stepped to the left as a heavy wrench fell from on high, whacked into the compacted dirt where he had been standing, rebounded and crashed into the soft nether region of Heavy Number 2.

From the clank Heavy Number 2 was either a man of steel, a eunuch with a interesting idea for a ammo belt, or armour had been the word of the day for this little outing. Ferret was learning. Ferret looked up, wagging a finger at the cowering Scot and looked back to Suzie.

“You land on my world, without even the common decency of a wave hello...and what? You and your crew expected to slip in and out of here like a Coreward gent through a Companions chastity? I am a man of the community!” he snarled, balling a fist, extending a finger and pointing behind them at the huddled towns folk hiding under windows and behind doors “Not a thing comes or goes without my say so, or knowledge...here I’m a benefactor, a...patron, if you will of certain arts. Like Franky here.”

He gestured to the steel plated heavy.

“He likes violence, gets a giddy thrill from it and he’s ever so creative. Almost a certainly I get my insurances paid in full when I send Frankie to meet the locals.” He smiled a gap tooth smile “So I will be getting what I’m owed today, somehow...” His eyes drift hungrily to Ameri, a ‘charming’ smile fleeting across his lips “...and if that means I burn your little bucket to the landing deck, so be it...revenge in itself is payment enough for some, even for me.”

He looked over his shoulder at the Monarch.

“Probably worthless as muck knowing the company it carries.” He remarked cattily.

TAG-Folk

Ferret

Jake Sjet

Postby Tavey » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:51 pm

"Oh you silly silly little man." Said Kynthia, moving subtly to Ameri, who hadn't had the chance to get over to Titan.

"That was a mistake. You don't threaten my crew, nor my ship, nor me. Didn't the wreck of your warehouse teach you that?"

Her eyes remained steady as she regarded the men in front of her.

"You can't even get who and what Saul Armstrong was right.." she added, with a cheerful smile. "You keep calling him an Independant. Saul Armstrong was a Colonel in the Alliance. One of the men responsible for Shadow. An' you fink your little threats make me worried?"

TAG's

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby SDJThorin » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Titan watched, from a safe distance and away from any likely streams of bullets, as one of the goons got hit in the privates. Cringing as most of the men did, he looked at his face, and recognized it was the face of Franky...

With a smirk, Titan quietly called up the Terror of Dyton and relayed what he saw.
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Tavey » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:59 pm

There was a sudden disturbance at the edge of the crowd that had gathered around them. The sounds of chatter fell away into silence. People moved to make a pathway for the determined person who had begun pushing through them.

The crowd parted and then closed behind the person. Whoever or whatever it was could not be seen. Behind them, a quiet murmur arose.

Finally there were only a few people left. The man standing behind Ferret suddenly looked as though he’d been hit with a vision of hell. He took a step backwards, his eyes frantically looking for somewhere to go.

The women standing, sure, guns pointed straight at Ferret and his men did not look around. Kynthia’s head tilted to one side at the expression of utter disgust that crossed the face of the man in front of them.

Around them, strode a tiny woman. Her body language was furious. Her hands stayed on her hips as she stopped and stared at Ferret. Grey hair lay tightly curled against her head, partially hidden by a scarf that was knotted at the back of her skulll. Her dress was faded, but once would have been a deep blue with some kind of pale flower. The apron she had tied around her was green, with a line of simple embroidery around the hem. In one flour smeared hand, she held a long wooden spoon.

“Franky.” She said, her voice sure with disgust. She walked forward, past Ferret, who made no move to stop her. He rolled his eyes to the heavens in disgust. The small woman pointed at him with her free hand and crooked a finger slowly towards herself.

“Come here.” she ordered.

Franky looked resigned. He stepped over to her, leaning down until her hand moved swiftly to grab his ear and tug him even lower.

“I told you.” She hissed into his ear, her eyes stern. “Told you plain that I didn’t want you associating with this garbage.” She twisted her hand slightly. Franky's eyes bulged. "Now we're going to have a chat you and me. A nice, quiet chat."

Ferret reached out for her then. His face full of outrage. “Go away old woman.” He ordered, full of bravado. “Get going now. We’ll ‘ave none of your words.” He’d barely gotten his hands on her arm before Franky moved.

The big man’s face was full of outrage as he shook off Ferrets intruding hand.

“Get yer hands off me Mam.” He said simply. And pushed. Ferret took several steps backwards before landing on the seat of his pants in the dust. Franky took his mother’s arm and headed back out of the crowd.

“I’m sorry Mam.” he could be heard saying as he passed. “I was jest tryin’ to...” “Don’t you tell me what you were tryin’ to do Franky.” she cut in. There was a yelp from him as she twisted his ear.

As they passed the fallen Ferret, she swung down with her spoon. It connected just behind his ear with a satisfying clunk.

“And you Ferret. You stay away from my boys.” she ordered. “Or next time I bring a rolling pin.”

Kynthia turned and ushered Ameri towards the ship. She hurried them up the ramp, turning at the top.

She smiled. And as she turned towards the safety within, said one simple thing.

“Ladies. He’s all yours” she said to Sam and Tarragon. “Have fun. But leave him alive.”

TAG - Tarragon, Sam.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:42 pm

**Tag team JP between Sam Crerar and Tarragon Hunter**

Sam looked over at Tarra and smiled a cruel, feral smile, then looked at Ferret, who got a terror stricken look on his face.

"Really, ma'am," said Tarra to Kynthia, taking out a rather evil looking knife and making a show of picking under her finger nail. "That's not real generous of you." She turned to Sam and met her eyes squarely. "Well," she said and put her knife away with a sigh. "Rock, paper, scissors for first blow?"

"Or we could just hit him at the same time." Sam replied, keeping the pistol pointed at Ferret. "Alright. Rock, paper, scissors!" Sam put down a fist with her fingers out.

And Tarra pushed out her closed fist. "Damn!" she said and took out her own pistol. "You win." She made a great show of taking a deep breath in disappointment. Turning to Ferret and his paling features she said quite coolly, "And you? Lose."

At that point, the man turned to run. Sam replied with shooting him in the left leg. "That doesn't count as the first blow!"

Tarra huffed audibly. "I wanted it in the shoulder!" she complained. "Leg feels too much like a cop out." She strode over to Ferret and removed his hat. "Wouldn't want your cunning hat to get damaged in the impending beating." She wiped the dirt from it and the brim. "You understand, of course..."

Ferret tried to make a few placating pleas, but Sam was already over him and kicked him squarely in the ribs. "This is for dentin' the Old Girl."

"Aw," said Tarra with mock regret. "That looks like it hurt." There was a cruelty to her tone; it was payback for something done to someone dear. Someone gone... but not forgotten, at least, not for the moment. Each step, each grunt, each moment was one step closer to closure. "And this," said Tarra, stepping lightly but firmly on the bullet hole in the leg, encouraging a low moan, "is for your methods of interrogation."

Sam crouched down next to Ferret. "Now, I know you're going to want to blame us, but remember, it's all old Saul Armstrong's doin', all his fault." She punched him in the nose. "And I might just be willin' to tell you where he's at, iffen you decide to leave the Monarch alone, permanently. 'Cause otherwise, I'll keep you alive...long enough to feed you to the Reavers."

"That's right," said Tarra, placing his hat gently on the ground beside Sam. "Leave. Us. Alone." Leaning down, she whispered one name to her. "Ameri." She stood up and stepped back.

Sam nodded to Tarra. "What do you think...remove his danglies?"

"I bow to your choice," said Tarra and did just that. "After all, you're paper."

Her green eyes sparkled wickedly. "And I'm the rock.”

Sam pulled out a large knife. "Well, well...I dunno, I think I'll let him choose, based on whether or not he decides to keep clear across the planet from us."

~Tag Ferret, still with everything intact, and not bleeding to death... thank you very much. Please note, it's their equivalent of 'Head or Gut'
USS Legacy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Kynthia and Lu stood on the ramp, both armed. They made a show of working the lever on the shotguns they were holding. Kynthia looked up to Bug and Shoddy and grinned. She was proud of the pair of them.

TAG Shoddy, Bug, Lu.

Ameri was safe. Just for the look that Ferret had given, Kynthia would happily kill him. But for the sake of keeping Ameri feeling safe, she wouldn't try.

TAG - Ameri

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Looking down upon the men below, the one goon walked off by his mother and three more standing in astonishment, their leader lay on the ground bleeding slightly at the two women standing over him, Bug tensed for the next chapter in the opening story. It was almost visible when the lights came on for the remaining thugs; the shook themselves and began to protest with foul language and advance with their weapons toward the women.

They had forgotten the boys on the wing of the ship.

One fell below a wire basket of oddly shaped carbonized plating fragments, Bug’s scrap basket from the plating repairs he’d been working on all the later part of the morning since the move. Only fifteen pounds, but accurately dropped from a height, it was enough to put the big fellah on the ground for bit. The others looked up to see where the unorthodox missile had come from to see themselves covered by two little men with very big guns. Bug’s looked like a ten gauge at least, if not a 40mm grenade launcher. The ruffians blanched and put up their hands, their big guns dropping to the compacted earth of the landing pad.

“You fellas can go, now,” said Bug magnanimously, “and you can take your friend with a headache with you. I believe my shipmates have a few more words to say to the Mister, there, and it might be boring for you to listen in on.”

<tag Shoddy, Lu>
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:19 pm

“You...you lot are a bunch of bloody savages!” he squealed, well maybe he squeaked he was holding a hand over the remains of his broken nose as blood made a considerable fashion statement on his jacket and under shirt. The familiar warm, glowing ache of a bruised and possibly broken rib announced itself with each breath, each beat of his shrivelled prune like heart. And his leg, his beautiful beautiful leg!

Yup, he was going to be the proud owner of a limp a few months from now when the winter set in.

That's if Ferret didn’t use those famous smarts of his to fathom out some sort of dignified retreat from all of this. Yes his main henchman had been called home by...well by his mother, and there were few on Dyton who’d go toe to toe with Mother Frankie. She made big Frankie look like a little church going angel.

He quickly held up a hand when words of his options came up and about.

“Now...now just hold on a second!” he squeaked, looking up through pained, tear filled eyes of hate and rage “I reckon we...we got off on the wrong foot is all, yeah! Yeah that’s it! See this was all a misunderstanding cause, well it’s hard for a fella with a grudge to see beyond the blindingly...the BLINDINGLY obvious that...that um...”

He gulped down a breath with a blooded tooth casher.

“That Sauls not here...” he yelped slightly at the sliding click of a shot guns pump action “Which obviously he’s not! Cause if he’d been here he’d be the one standing where...well where you are now, more than likely...but seeing as he’s not here na more, I really don’t see a reason to cause you any delays or bother...nah more than I already have, for which I and mine are truly sorry.”

There was a deep, peaceful silence.

“Ain’t that right boys! We’re SORRY!” he snarled, and the single remaining heavy who hadn’t been asked to come home or been rendered all bibbledy by flying carbon scraps nodded hurried, completely in agreement and with the crew of the Monarch 100%.

“Now...Not wishing to detain you lot any further...I’d like to go...” he looked down between his legs, his voice growing thin and quiet, as though forcing each word past his teeth was like passing a gall stone the size of a small moon “If that’s alright Miss Q?”

TAG-Sam, Tarra, Ky and all.

Ferret and Co

Jake Sjet

Postby Tavey » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Kynthia stepped down from the ramp, after making sure Ameri was out of the way. She walked over to Ferret and held out a hand for him to take. She pulled him to his feet, looking up and down his body appraisingly.

"Nice work." she commented, loud enough for all to hear. "Now, I am going to leave it in the hands of the lass you was so rude as to leer at." She smiled over his head at Ameri in the cargo hold.

"So, mei mei. Do we let 'im go or what?" she asked. "Since it was your honour he did get all creepy starin' at."

TAG - Ameri

She tucked her head in closer to Ferret before Ameri had finished considering, since there was a fair to middlin' chance that she knew what the lass would choose.

"In return for no more incidents on this nice world of yours, I'll tell you where to find Maverick." she whispered. "For he did me some deeply wrong." she finished in a lower voice.

She stepped back, waiting for Ameri to make her choice.

TAG - Ameri
TAG - Ferret.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Tarra nodded to Kynthia as she strode down the ramp and side-stepped the Captain. Tarra stood comfortably back from them all and waited, watching to see how this all went. Her guns were heavy on her hips and she waited, seeing if anymore families came to claim their wayward children. Or if she would have to pull one of her sidearms that she had originally bought, for other purposes all together.

Regardless, as she looked above to see the boys and their weapons, she noticed one face that was strangely absent.

Pushing him out of her mind for the moment, she stood and watched, staying in the moment until she could return to the ship. Either way, the kitchen was calling her again, and only slightly ahead of her bunk...
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby SDJThorin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Titan stayed back in the crowd and continued to watch. Did he pick the wrong ship? The next few moments would tell.

Luckily, his call had the desired effect and broke the tension with next to no blood spilt.

Hopefully there would be less violence once the ship left Dyton.

[ Tag - Anyone who wants to notice Titan ]
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Quamie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:46 pm

Ameri had stayed hidden behind Kynthia, ducking her head and wincing as the violence ensued. She could hardly believe what she was hearing and seeing from Sam and Tarra. For a moment, she saw them with very different eyes. But then the moment passed, and though there was still a lurking feeling of unease, she reminded herself that she knew these people, and that this didn't change that. After all, they were protecting the Monarch, their home.

"So, mei mei. Do we let 'im go or what?" she asked. "Since it was your honour he did get all creepy starin' at."

Kynthia's voice jolted her from her thoughts, and Ameri realized her hiding place had moved away from her. Kynthia was now standing near the fallen Ferret. She suppressed a shudder, trying to get the gumption to say something, anything, while Kynthia bent to whisper to Ferret.

The medic took a deep breath. "He paid his lesson," she said. "Now we make amends." She turned then, ducking off. It would be much easier to bring Ferret to her infirmary and treat him there, but she didn't really want him fouling up her safe haven. He gave the perception that he dirtied everything he touched. Still, Ameri was a medic, and she couldn't very well stand by and let him hurt after her crewmembers had beat him.

She came running back, armed with bandages and salves, a dose of pain medication, and other things in her med bag. "Sit him there," she asked her family, nodding to a handy step. Ameri knelt in front of him, and with a quick twist of her wrist, set his broken nose, ignoring the fact that the pain that subsequently shot through his body was like another beating. She tweezed out the bullet lodged in his leg, cleaned the wound, and bandaged it- though again, the actions would cause more immediate pain. She gave him the pain medication, taking pity on the poor little man, and then tied the bandage so it would hold. Then she was checking his ribs- severely bruised, but not broken that she could tell- and spread some soothing ointment there before bandaging his ribs tightly.

Ameri was fully unaware of the psychology of beating someone and then healing those wounds. She did her work as she always did- compassionate but silent. Once done, she stepped back, replacing her tools, and tilted her head, studying the wall near him. "Now, go in peace, but please, do not bother my home or my family again."

It was all the shy girl could manage, and she quickly turned, running up the steps to the catwalk that overlooked the cargo bay where she made herself as small as possible, looking down at the others.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:25 pm

Tarra watched everything patiently, and from up on the ramp. It seemed that Ameri had decided one thing for certain and that was, regardless of anything, she would help Ferret. She would actually help the man that shot someone, former Captain of the boat... tortured him to the point where he almost died? Each motion of assistance twisted in her gut until Tarra simply couldn't stand it anymore.

Three more steps took her up the ramp, almost into the ship itself, but before she moved further, Tarra looked to the Captain for final confirmation that her supposed services would no longer be required, and that Ferret and his merry band of men and concussions, would be on their way. Ameri beat Tarra back into the ship, and with a few steps backwards and up, she covered the girl in the Cargo Bay, making sure that there were still guns trained on the Rodent Gang from above and on the ground.

~Tag Kynthia

With a nod to Tighten and a final glance at Ameri as she moved, Tarra went forward into the Monarch, bent upon the kitchen, final preparations and, gorram it, an uninterrupted amount of sleep.

~Tag Any
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:20 am

Bug turned to Shoddy, "I reckon I aught to put this feed line filter back in place now," he commented holding up the large tubeular object he'd so recently been threatening with.

He'd seen the men below gather and move off, with the small man in the big hat turning back repeatedly with an entirely new expression on his face-- an expression that looked like there were no lines or folds in his skin to accomodate it.

Tags

OOC yeah I know it's short but I had a long day. wah!
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:10 am

**OOC - JP between Tarra and Nakali - Thanks so much, S'Jet!**

Shaking her head in a slow, steady manner, Tarragon Hunter headed for the Kitchen and a last look around before she headed off for a well-deserved... Ah, the recognizable hair, patchwork skin, and ease of sitting about him, like he had never been anywhere else. She approached him from the side, watching his fingers peel the orange and face intent upon it, like it was about to grow a head.

Clearing her throat, she smiled and indicated the chair before him. “This seat taken?” she asked.

He didn’t respond, at least not verbally. His fingers diligently caressed, prodded, and squeezed the orange in such a way that it might have taken offence to it, had oranges been given the ability to voice their complaints. He pushed an index fingered rough the soft underside nub of the orange, lobotomising the poor fruit skin was pulled free from this entry point.

He set it down on the table top, with no regard for the place setting or plate that was also set before him. He steadily peeled the orange, unfurling the rind until it sat like a closed lily on a pad of snow white leafs. He sat back, hands at his side, watching the fruit, ready for it to take up arms against his vulgar intrusion.

“Seat’s free.” He said softly, cocking his head from one side, and then slowly rolling it to the other shoulder, changing his perspective on the still life fruit.

"Are you all right?" asked Tarra, noting quite plainly that he had not even looked up. She shifted slightly in her seat and indicated the fruit. "Whatever did that orange do to you, Nakali?" Her voice was low, so it might not carry far. "Looks to me more like you're interested in taking it to the edge of cruelty rather than ingesting it for sustenance."

**snipped for length** The full JP is available in the Lounge area**

“Why should you help me? Do I need help? Can you help?” he asked, eyes darting across the panes of her own “I fooled you, played like a flute, or a lute if you like such things. All for oranges, funny that how they seem to connect everything...you should hate me, walking into an uncomplicated life and giving you a problem you have no chance to solve.”

He let out a guttural, self deprecating snort, shaking his head. “How can you help me...” he whispered “...when I can’t even help myself?”

She watched the parts of him from places unknown and unseen rise to the surface, lick her face, almost scenting her innocence and then, suddenly retreating as if rechained. No wonder he wore those damned lenses, Tarra thought and forced herself to keep her eyes on his. "Fooling me is an easy thing," her voice was light in the face of his anguish. "I look for the best in all things..." she stepped one step closer and whispered gently, "Even in you."

She was not letting go, not going to give into that part that simply wanted to fly apart and give in. Not when he was so close... "I can hate you if you'd like... make you feel better, would it?" Her voice was low and lilting, teasing a part of him that she had seen briefly. "And I have no idea how I can help you, I just know I will." Her face was calm, and she regarded him coolly. "If you can't help yourself, then I can't help you." She squeezed his hands hard enough to make sure he felt her presence. "But this isn't the you that needs helping," she said searching his eyes briefly. There was a mere glint of recognition before it faded once more. "Him," she said as she saw the Man Within. "I can help him."

“How do you know he’s a man worth saving…for all you know he’s coward, a monster, devourer of small children and chastiser of kittens to list a few of his crimes. There may not be much left to make a man, there might only be jagged shards…you’ll cut yourself.” He said softly, looking away.

"How do you know he's not worth saving?" Tarra wasn't going to accept that logic. "And you know, whatever he is, wherever he is; it's up to me to decide if I'm willing to get cut." She didn't care that he wouldn't look at her. It might have actually been easier this way. "Is that what you're expecting? That he'll hurt me? Or that you will?"

"Once you're stronger, you're more solid, and you feel... anything again." Tarra didn't look at him anymore. There was a choice he had to make, and one that he would make alone. She knew... And took a deep breath. "Then, revisit your past, who you might have been." There was a wisp of a smile.

"Once you've accepted or denied him, then," she considered his mental state now and where he might be after all this was over. "And only then should you consider moving on." She remembered, all too well. "You've been through more than I will ever understand. And all I know is that I'm willing to help you; if you want that." She righted the chair and looked at the orange on the table. "I just don't want you hurting yourself like this; you've been hurt enough in your life." A very brief touch across his features, not resting but a light flutter and Tarra turned to go.

Nakali turned just as she made to leave, a hand unspooling from his body to snag her shoulder. The hand landed softly on the fabric of her shoulder, not gripping it, just there. A connection, little more, and much less.

“Thank you.” He said simply, his hand slowly sliding away, “For everything.”

Tarra's lips turned up into a short smile and said, "I'm going to excuse myself, if you don't mind. I'm honestly beat and really just need to rest." Her eyes were guarded, face remote as she took a last look at him. "Be you in the moment, Nakali," Tarra said and she left quickly before the tears overtook her completely as she headed to her bunk. It had been a hell of a long day.

~Tag anyone in the Lounge for Nakali... Tarra's headed off for some rest... again *grin*
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Kynthia waited for things to settle down and the boys to climb back into the ship.

"Old girl is ready to take off?" she asked. At their nods, she turned and grabbed the small handset beside the cargo door.

"make ready folks. We're taking off in a few minutes." she announced.

She waited for all the Monarch folks to get onto the ship, and smiled at Titan gratefully as he walked up the ramp.

"Ain't always like this." she said simply. "Sometimes it's even exciting."

TAG - Titan.

Once everyone was onboard that should be, she closed up the ramp and toggled the mic for Lu.

"Okay Lu. Dust off." she called.

TAG - Lu.

The Monarch rumbled into life. She sounded more or less the way she was supposed to. Kynthia grinned happily as the cloud of dust she kicked out billowed around Ferret. She'd send him the information as soon as she could.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:35 pm

Sam waited as she watched Ky tell Lu to take them off planet, load everyone up, and close the airlock. Then she went over, a frown creasing her face. "I'd like to speak with you, Captain."

Kynthia looked over to Sam and nodded. "Be right with you. Just want to make sure this strap is done up tightly. Ain't wantin' wandering goods mid flight." She grasped the red webbing that stretched around one of the crates and worked the ratchet until it pinged when she tried to make it move.

She turned to Sam with a smile. "What's up?"

"Did your mind take a walk from your brainpan?" Sam asked sharply, "You tell me to beat the sheng huo go-se out of the rodent and you let Ameri watch?"

Kynthia folded her arms across her chest and frowned. "I said, to have fun. Ameri ain't as fragile as you'd think. She knows how the Verse is."

"You know full well you said to have fun, but you intended for us to beat him. That's why you told us not to kill him. But did you see how she looked at us, Kynthia?" Sam asked, running a hand through her hair. "She looked at us as if we were yao guai..."

Kynthia nodded. "I did. I wanted him to suffer for daring to even try anything." she crossed over to a cargo box and sat down on it. Her fingers fiddled with a piece of the side that was loose. " I wanted him to bleed. An' I needed her safe. Would have been too easy to just shoot him. An' don't forget Sam, she saw that happen more than once, an ain't never judged us wrong for it."

"But we can't just shoot him, 'cause his big brother would throw a fit over his death. I know why we didn't kill him." Sam replied, "But I'm still not likin' the way she looked at us, as if she didn't know us for a minute. I can't have her judgin' me, Ky... She's too damn innocent, and I can't let that be ruined."

Kynthia's eyes dropped to the ground. She was pretty certain that Ameri's innocence was already more or less ruined and it was her good nature that kept her looking for the best in the folk around her. "I know Sam." she said slowly. " But Merry will always love us. We're her family."

"Family..." Sam grunted, "Family never meant much."

Kynthia looked up and saw how closed off Sam's face was. How tightly she was holding herself. " Family is what you make it Sam. You an' me. We're family far as I am concerned." She jumped down from the cargo box and stepped over. Her face was concerned.

Sam sighed, how would she ever be able to explain to Ky that to her, family wasn't a great thing? Family was to be avoided at all costs. Family was dangerous more often then not. "I know..."

Kynthia suddenly grinned. "Well, far as I know anyways. Not like i know who mine are is it? You want to know how Ameri is feelin' about you, go and stick your head around the door. I bet she smiles, same as always."

Sam shook her head, "No, no, I... it's fine, it's... I just don't want her thinking we're monsters."

"We ain't monsters. Just.. strange sometimes." Kynthia replied.

"Strange sometimes...strange all the time."

Ky thought for a moment or two. "Let's us get them all together while we're on the way to Carthage then. Have us a nice meal. Titan brought some nice bits on the ship." She pointed at the crate of food. "I ain't seen some of that stuff ever before."

"I'm sure Tarra will know what to do with it, even if it is odd Core stuff."
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch