[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Planet Hopping and other grand tales of intrigue.

Planet Hopping and other grand tales of intrigue.

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Re: Planet Hopping and other grand tales of intrigue.

Postby SDJThorin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Titan, looked for the person speaking and saw the 3 ladies on the cargo bay floor. "Ah, Captain, there you are! Yes, the Lucia is now in proper form for my use." The smile was obvious in his voice. As Kynthia continued, Titan made his way down the catwalk to the floor.

"As you say good Captain. I hope the cargo we agreed upon has arrived."

[ Tag - Kynthia ]

With a sparkling smile and a laugh, he replied, "Eating alone, or with three beautiful ladies, there was a question of which I should choose?"

[ Tag - All ]
Last edited by SDJThorin on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:14 pm

[JP by Tarra and Sam]

Sam excused herself from Kynthia, Ameri and Titan as Kynthia was talking to Titan. If they were going to be doing a girls night out, they needed one more girl, the other had to sit out, she was pregnant. Something which disturbed Sam to no end, babies. Anyway, she went to Tarra's door and pounded on it three times.

Dead to the world. No, really. Head hit the pillow and the world was slowly moving away from her in a steady stream of... BANGING. Inside of her head? Tarra's eye cracked open slightly and she moaned audibly. There was talking as well as a ringing leftover of the door. "Hmmm?" she said.

"'oy! Tarra! We're going to the bar! Get dressed an' grab yer guns!" Sam yelled from the door, bouncing on the balls of her feet, resisting opening the door. Sam waited for a response, then banged on the door again.

Bar... "Guns to a bar?" Hadn't she been there and done that? "Ok..." She rolled and fell promptly on the floor with a nice sounding thump. She thought she landed on her guns and said, "Ouch," while she rubbed her eyes and tried to get her head moving. "I heard you the first time..."

Sam heard the thump and cocked her head. Then she opened the door. "Are you alrigh-..." Sam stopped mid-word seeing Tarra on the floor in nothing but her skivs. It suddenly became very hot in the room, and Sam could feel her face turn red. "I, uh, I heard a thump. I'll be out side..."

Tarra sat on the floor, mildly aware of the door opening and really, not caring a lick about anything except the stop in mid-sentence from the door. "Sam," said Tarra, eyes half-closed in sleep and her rubbing them rapidly, "I'll be out in a second. Fell on my guns, but I'll be ok."

She pushed herself to standing and started dressing, vaguely aware that the door was open and then rapidly shut. "Sam?" said Tarra. That was truly confounding, and she pulled on her weapons, checking that they were loaded, strapping on her knives and adjusting. Then she opened the door.

Sam smiled at Tarra, her eyes not quite meeting with Tarra's. "Did I catch you at a bad time?"

Tarra, finished fussing and stretching the weariness from her and looked at Mei Dade with a cocked head. Colour, on her face. She didn't embarrass easily. What would have caused that? "Just trying to catch some shut eye; sat up on watch this morning and well, it was a hell of a day yesterday..." Sam wasn't even looking her in the eye. "You ok? What kind of medicine does Ameri have you on?"

"Uh, I dunno what Ameri is giving me... is it hot in here?" Sam asked, "Anyway, um, bra, bar, we're taking Ameri..."

Tarra was certainly going to find out. Putting a hand on her head, Tarra's cool fingers met heated forehead. "Have you got a fever?" All manner of concerned, she was barreling ahead, looking for Ameri half-listening about a bra wearing bar? "What?" said Tarra. "Ameri? No wonder you want me to wear my guns..."

"I don't have a fever..." Sam muttered, watching after Tarra as she walked by. "And yes, Ameri, to the bar, just to get her out of the ship."

"She deserves it," said Tarra and turned to look at Sam. "Hell, YOU deserve it. Are we bringing the Captain? She deserves it too." Thinking on her little outing, she wasn't all that convinced about her though. "I've been off the ship already, but I'll come."

"Girls night out, come on."

Taking one brief moment to duck into the Head and douse her face with cold water she looked at the dripping condensation in the stall and almost slipped. "Who the hell..." Shrugging she said, "I'm coming. Can't guarantee how vertical I'll stay..."

Sam grinned mischievously and blushed at the same time at the thought of Tarra not being vertical. "We'll carry you back if you fall asleep."

"Well then," said Tarra and turned back to see Sam's blush. "That's a deal, but if you keep on turning that flush of red, I'll have Ameri check your dosage."

Sam grunted, "I don't think Ameri would do anything..." She said as they started walking to the cargo-bay. "She's kinda thinking about other things right now."

"Other things?" Tarra said and fell into pace with Sam. "I can well imagine." Chased, returned, been so busy with everyone. "We'll be extra vigilant here. Had a run in with Badger last time, so I'll try to stay sober enough to shoot."

"I'll try to stay sober enough to walk..." Sam said as they came back to the girls and Titan.
Image Image
Samantha "Sam the Knife" Crerar
Gunner, thug and murderer
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Quamie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Ameri shivered and kept quiet from behind Kynthia's shoulder while the introductions were made, dreading how Sam had left suddenly. Still, nothing bad happened, though Titan was now going to be joining them to the bar. And Sam returned in short order, with Tarra along. More familiarity. Ameri gave her a small smile, and tried to pretend she wasn't actually hiding behind Kynthia.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:54 pm

Kynthia tucked Ameri's hand through her arm, much as a gentleman would do. It was a simple gesture, one designed to help her friend feel secure.

Titan replied, "As you say good Captain. I hope the cargo we agreed upon has arrived."

"Aye, though a mite bigger than the square footage I was 'xpectin'. Still it will do us well, an' I see there's stuff in the box as is for you when you've got company."

She watched Sam leave and return, while they made small talk. Again, all designed to help Ameri relax a little. Sam's face was odd when she and Tarragon made their way down the stairwell and into the hold. Kynthia couldn't put her finger on what was going through the blonde's head. But refused to worry about it much.

"Titan, I do believe there is good solid food ready in the galley. Or failing that, you're welcome to come along with Sam, Ameri and I."

With a sparkling smile and a laugh, he replied, "Eating alone, or with three beautiful ladies, there was a question of which I should choose?"

"Make that the four women. Maybe more, if'n we can get Lu up and movin'. This here is Tarragon Hunter, the Core Chef I was explainin' to you about. If it's special things you are wantin' she is the lady to talk to."

TAG - Tarra
TAG - Titan
TAG - Lu.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby SDJThorin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:17 pm

Titan smiled at the four ladies, "Then that would make the darling on your arm, Ms. Webber, your medic, and your first mate Ms. Crerar. Oh, Ms. Hunter, you may want this," handing Tarra a passkey, "it will unlock the fridge-crate that holds part of my payment for passage. I am sure that you will be able to make the most out of its contents."

[ Tag - All ]
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Great googly moogly, thought Tarra. "You're... tall." A hiss escaped her lips as her head tipped back on her neck, receiving a key in her hand before she could focus on anything else.

"Thanks," she said, still fascinated that she couldn't see him all at once and would probably have to step back 5 feet just to see him all. Letting her brain rest for a spell, she turned her attention elsewhere.

Noticing Ameri on Kynthia's arm, Tarra patted her guns and smiled back. No use in her thinking that she wouldn't be protected. And she had brought some extra cashy money that seemed to have found its way to her bunk. She made a mental note to thank Nakali for that little windfall.

~Tag y'all in the Cargo Bay area, ready to head off...
USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:14 pm

Titan smiled at the four ladies, "Then that would make the darling on your arm, Ms. Webber, your medic, and your first mate Ms. Crerar. Oh, Ms. Hunter, you may want this," handing Tarra a passkey, "it will unlock the fridge-crate that holds part of my payment for passage. I am sure that you will be able to make the most out of its contents."

Formality. Instantly, the hair on the back of Sam's neck was up, along with a shot of adrenaline, and a somatic migraine. It wasn't because of anything the man had done, just, formality. The last person to refer to her as Ms. Crerar was Samuel Armstrong, while he was intent on scrambling her brains. Anyone who used that type of formality couldn't be entirely sane, or less than evil. "They be callin' me Sam, not Ms. Crerar," Sam replied, looking at the tall man intently. "You can call me Sam, or if you not be liking that, Crerar. This ain't a ship of formality."
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Galifestus » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:52 am

The day wore on, but it was a fine time for the boy wriggling through the inner workings of the Monarch. While repairing the landing gear and the engine, he'd learned the right way to use several interesting tools up to and including a wire feed arc welder. All the time his air was filled with a constant barrage of scottish anecdote and advice, which Bug found rather more entertaining and informative than someone else might.

He looked up at one point to see the shuttle descending onto its platform on the "shoulder" of the Monarch, and noted how the ship looked more balanced with the craft in its proper place.

"That'd be Mister Titan, Shoddy." he remarked as the shuttle was pulled into its locked in position.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby SDJThorin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Seeing Sam's tight edginess, Titan took a more casual street stance and said, with a bit of his old Dyton slang and a wink, "Ah, I sees... Sam 'tis... and you'll be callin' me Titan, since Mr. Edwards be me da."

Without missing a beat, he withdrew 5 small blood oranges from his pack. Titan juggled them in a complex pattern for a moment before tossing them high into the air. As each one came back down he caught it, passing one to each of them; keeping the final one for himself.

With another wink and a broad grin, he finished with, "Enjoy!" as he started to peel it.

[ Tag - All ]
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Kynthia reached out and caught the fruit. She immediately sniffed at it. The scent of the orange filled her senses and a wistful smile caught the edge of her mouth.

She turned it over and over in her hand, rolling it along her fingers. Checking it. Examining.

"Thank you." she said simply. Then using a fingernail, peeled it carefully and slowly. Watching it the entire time. She broke apart all the segments of it, until she was sure it was safe, then popped one piece into her mouth.

The flavour burst. Her eyes closed in the pleasure of it.

"oh.." she breathed.

Tags

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Ameri took the fruit given to her shyly, and peeled it after a moment's hesitation and a barely audible "Thank you." She closed her eyes, breathing in the scent of it. She'd forgotten how good oranges smelled. And after a tiny bite, she realized she'd also forgotten how good they tasted. It felt like her taste buds were exploding with rapture.

She shivered in delight and took another tiny bite, opening her eyes to look at Sam and Tarra with the biggest smile she'd worn in a long time. "It's good!" Understatement of the year, but there it was. She hardly had words to describe.

The medic glanced at Mr. Edwards again and smiled shyly, almost losing her nerve but managing to repeat, "Thank you."
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:03 am

Together, they walked off the ship. Kynthia made sure that Bug and Shoddy knew they were stepping out for a while.

The streets of the town they had set down by were busy. Merchants hawked their wares from a myriad of small tables and stalls, all gaily decorated to pull the eye. People moved and twisted around each other in a dance for which there were no rules.

Kynthia didn't recognise the place at all. But she knew there would be somewhere that was clean enough, cheap enough and serving some kind of beverage and food.

Finally she spotted somewhere likely. The Kings Head was set on a lower level. Uneven steps lead down from the street, to a large basement room. It wasn't fussy, nor filthy. Both of which spoke of it being looked after, and non too expensive.

The tables were mostly full, something else that Kynthia approved of. What she didn't like was having to submit her weapons into a rotating security lockup before she could pass.

TAG - Sam in particular.. but everyone.

She took the chit that it gave her in order for her to be able to retrieve the gun and stepped through the scanner. it flashed green to allow her through.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Sam had taken up the back, eating her orange as they walked. When they got to the pub, though, it came down to Sam's least favorite time. Removing weapons, well, guns, so it wasn't all bad. "Damn technology..." After all, she wasn't Sam the Knife for her shooting prowess. First Edward, and she tried to step through. No, the go se alarm went off. So the ankle wheel-gun, and the one stored at the small of her back. And there, yes, green. She stepped through and looked over at the gang. "What? Some of them miss things...let's go get a table."
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:54 pm

An orange. Tarra was so amazed at the single piece of energy that sat in her hands, she was so busy remembering the smell from Beaumont and the texture in her fingers that she didn't notice the group moving at first. She gauged each reaction in turn: Ameri seemed to be quite pleased with the fruit, from a stranger yet, and Kynthia was relishing each morsel; Sam, Tarra knew, was going to enjoy that orange.

The aroma as each rind was peeled hit her nostrils with a resounding joy; like fresh-peeled shulguo was a rarity for her. Well, on the Rim and in the Black? That would be a hell of a resounding YES... She closed her eyes, and simply allowed it to touch her senses, enoying it all through the others. She heard the footsteps receding, pocketed her prize quickly and did a quick jog to catch up. They weren't heading far, and Tarra caught up easily; this Tighten fella must certainly be considerate of his long strides. He was over a foot taller than she. And he stood almost head and shoulders above the crowd; he was fairly easy to spot. Moving tower with hair? Check.

Getting to the door, she placed her weapon's belt into the container; her knives still securely fastened to her; walking through the security gave her the green light as well. Her eyebrows raised only slightly; she was much more dangerous with knives she felt that any silly firearm... well, up close anyway. And besides, Tarra was certain that the weapons were placed in the bins for the protection of the patrons. Drunken brawls were much less lethal without them. Well, she thought back to a few flimsies she had read while out there. 'Usually, anyway,' she amended in her head.

Entering, Tarra looked to join the Monarch Crew and new Passenger at a table inside.

~Tag everybody who's aimin' to misbehave in the pub
USS Legacy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby SDJThorin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Following the ladies through the streets of his old home, Titan lost himself for a bit, remembering both good times and bad. When Kynthia headed into the old Kings Head Feasthall very old memories, from his earliest childhood, rose to the surface. It'd been a special place for his parents, where they'd gone to celebrate things.

As he entered, he noticed the addition of the security lockers and weapons scanner, an older Mark V, which meant they only wanted firearms, and by the looks of the crowd that was a good thing.

Gone was the stage and frilly tablecloths, the Kings Head had obviously fallen in stature. However, there, back by the kitchen doors, was old man McGregor moving through the crowded floor. Titan knew that the food and service would still be good; hell the old man looked just as he remembered him.

Titan moved quickly down the steps and waved over the old owner, "McGregor, Arthur McGregor, it's so good to see you again after all these year!"

McGregor, always being one to put customers first, came over to the tall gentleman that seemed so very out of place in his feasthall. "Sorry sir, but do I kno... Alex? Is that you? Can't be, but it is! How's the Verse… but I can be see'n well enough in those gent's clothes... I thought you were dead me boy... Yer Da is still around, sees him from time to time I do..." Noticing that he was rambling and that there were four lasses being held up by him and Titan standing in the way, he started to move.

Titan smiled as he looked back, and once again slipped into his old slang, "McGregor, might you be hav'in a table fer these 4 lovely ladies and meself," looking at the way some of the group were scanning the crowded commons room, "maybe a nice table by the corner or at least a wall?"

The old man looked from the ladies to Titan, "This way me boy, there's a nice table over where the stage door used to be." With that he started to navigate through the room to their table.

[ Tag - All ]
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Tavey » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:43 am

Kynthia settled down at the table that the barkeep indicated. She pulled out the chair beside her for Ameri and grinned at her.

"So, what will it be Merry? This round is on me. Let's get some food in as well." she offered to the table as a whole.

"Our specials are meat pie, made with at least 20% real meat and juices. And we've got platters." A platter was a collection of dips and pickled bits, some cheese and rounds of flatbread to scoop the dips with. Ky chose one of those as a place to start.

TAG - all.

"Let's get a jug of ale in. Nothing fancy at the moment. Enough mugs to go round." It didn't take long before the waitress arrived with the large jug and several heavy glass mugs. She plonked them down on the rough table, with only a small splash. Recieved her tip and was gone back to the press of folk in the establishment.

"To the health of the crew." murmured Kynthia after everyone had a mug of brew.

TAG's

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:46 pm

"So, what will it be Merry? This round is on me. Let's get some food in as well." she offered to the table as a whole.

"Our specials are meat pie, made with at least 20% real meat and juices. And we've got platters." A platter was a collection of dips and pickled bits, some cheese and rounds of flatbread to scoop the dips with. Ky chose one of those as a place to start.

"I'll have a meat pie." Sam told the waiter, sitting with her back against the arm.

"Let's get a jug of ale in. Nothing fancy at the moment. Enough mugs to go round." It didn't take long before the waitress arrived with the large jug and several heavy glass mugs. She plonked them down on the rough table, with only a small splash. Recieved her tip and was gone back to the press of folk in the establishment.

"To the health of the crew." murmured Kynthia after everyone had a mug of brew.

Sam raised her glass, "To the crew...and the Old Girl." She said before taking a sip of the brew. It tasted good, which was nice, perhaps tonight they'd be able to relax some. She glanced over at Ameri to see if she'd sipped yet. "Isn't it nice to get off the ship for a while, though?"
Image Image
Monarch
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Galifestus » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:47 am

Bug had gotten a lot more done in a short time than he had ever done in a whole day before. It was right handy to have Shoddy there so he wasn't forced to guess at each part and each tool needed for the repair at hand. He could see what would fit together, and how things aught to go, but it was a revelation that there were specific tools for specific operations. Instead of spending an horu getting a filter off with a wound sock, he had it off in two minutes with a filter wrench, for instance. It was wonderful.

It was just getting a little hard on his hands, and they had just realigned the landing strut when the Captain and her gals, along with the swell from the shuttle, Titan, walked out for to find some recreation. A gentle rain was falling in intermittent showers and Bug reached out from the cover of the hull to let some of the slightly acidic rain wet his hands. A wipe or two with a rag, and he felt ready for anything.

"Shoddy, I know what we are going to do today!"
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:13 am

Tarra sat with her back to the wall, eyes watching over the crowd that was coming and going, anyone paying particular attention to their table was duly noted. Food was ordered, and Tarra waved her hand declining anything for the moment. Meat was well and good, but when you don't see your favorite domestic anywhere and they promise that it's meat and not cow, or horse... well, there was no way she was chancing it.

"I'll stick with the ale for now, and if you have some more cheese? That'd be great." Leaning only slightly off the wall, she picked up the mug. Blinking her eyes slightly from the lack of sleep she raised her glass as well, looking at them around the table. "To the health of the Crew, the Old Girl, and New Cap'n." She nodded to Kynthia. "And of course, a nice outing together." She felt a little out of sorts, wondering if Nakali might have enjoyed sitting with them, but realized what a silly question that was.

He kept to himself mostly, charmed as he saw fit and had a ready word for any who would say something, which, let's face it, with his present appearance, would be often. She didn't mind it; she still remembered how he looked before Leviathan. He had a need for the young Weber girl. Smiling at Ameri, who looked like a frightened waif tucked into Kynthia, she swung her focus back out into the room at large. Guns were a no, but her knives? She could throw 'em accurate and at a fair distance. But she wasn't hoping for trouble.

Clinking glasses with them all, Tarra settled back into sipping again; watery beer. It was always nice to get off the ship, she thought, it just didn't seem as though it was that special anymore. She missed the Monarch, missed the Black, missed the thrum of the engines, and certainly thought that dirt and all was nice, but overrated as things went. Remembering Dyton from the first go, it left a bad taste in her mouth, and for a Chef, that was as good as a rejection out of hand. But from what she could remember, she did like the races.

"So Tighten," said Tarra, remembering her orange and now taking it from her pocket as she waited for hardier stuff. "You're from around here?" Something struck her as funny as she said, "Tighten from Dyton. Was that on purpose, or did your parents wish you to be bullied as a child?"

~Tag Everyone at the Table
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:56 pm

About an hour later, and another jug of ale or two, the group around the table were feeling much more merry and relaxed. The ale had done it's insidious work of helping them quietly towards inebriation and silliness.

Kynthia had began to impersonate some of the folk she'd run into in her travels. Including a certain stuck up tailor from Hera that she fully intended to visit. On the quiet, then they were there.

It was good to have a simple time together. Something that they hadn't had in a long time. Something needed.

"So anyway, Ralph then says 'Oi, who ate my pig?' and none of us knew what to tell him since his pig was really about four valleys over and what was on the table was protein." She finished, and giggled drunkenly at the laughter that followed from them all at the table.

She ordered another jug and filled the mugs when it arrived.

TAG's

((OOC - have fun.. there is no agenda to this, except to have fun, nor should there be. No Drama, no fuss..))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby SDJThorin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:50 pm

( OOC - I had most of this typed before I saw Tavey's post, so this happens before it. )

"McGregor you still have your farm?", asked Titan.

McGregor replied, "Yep, it's the reason the King's still me own." He fairly beamed as he waved at the expanse of the Hall.

Titan, remembering a time long in the past, licked his lips and ordered, "Then I'll have your famous King's Prime Rib dinner, you do still serve that right, and a glass of Reily's Port, twenty year, if you've got it, or whatever's close that you have in stock."

McGregor blinked at Titan's order, took a long look at him, nodded and said, "I'll cook it up meself fer ya b... Sir."

"Me names Titan now McGregor, just Titan, you've known me too long to be all formal with me..." As another memory sparked, "Oh, and say three of those crunchy onion thingies me da used to get!"

The old man smiled, "They'd be called Blooming Onions me boy." As the server finished taking the table's order, he went with her into the kitchen to make sure that their orders were properly and quickly made.

Titan smiled at the table, "What? They make great food here, and..." he gave up and just shrugged and winked at them all.

"I wasn't born with that name Tarra, it was given to me when I graduated, it fit, so I kept it.", he responded.

[ Tag - Tarra ]

He picked up a mason jar of the pale ale when it landed on the table and joined in the Captain's toast. Being new to the group, he didn't add anything extra.

[ Tag - All ]
SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Tavey » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:30 am

"Spacers" Muttered one of them. "Gorram rutting spacers." Added another.

"Gorram rutting spacers what should stay out of decent folks way." Agreed the first.

The murmur from the nearby table was annoying Kynthia's enjoyment of the day. She decided not to do anything about it. Since to make a big fat mess of a fight wouldn't be right. She wanted to simply enjoy. Loosen up the atmosphere. Get back to normal. Such as normal was with a crew of misfits, most of whom seemed to hate each other. Unless hating was hiding, she mused to herself as she watched Sam for a moment. A grin playing on her face.

She decided to ignore the two old men sitting at the nearby table, and returned her attention to the converstaion around the table.

"So, what did you do next?" she demanded of Titan after one story seemed to come to a sudden end. "He was dancing with you in one of them high fancy dances?"

TAG - Titan

============================

Back at the ship, the day had gone really well. Shoddy and Bug had finished repairing the Old Girl. She would fly. She wasn't leaking air, they'd checked with some of that coloured smoke used for that purpose and she was firing on all engines. They got Lu to settle her a bit more securely on the field.

TAG - Lu, Shoddy and Bug

Shortly after they had done so, there was a banging at the ramp entrance. "Oi!" yelled a familiar voice.

"Are you plannin' on lettin' me in to see the captain of this here boat before I get all tetchy, or afterwards?" demanded Ferret from outside. His hair looked severely singed still, and one of his hands sported a new scar that tangled across the back of it.

"I want to see Maverick. Colonol Saul Armstrong!" he yelled again, his henchmen pounding on the door.

TAG - The crew inside!

((OOC - yes.. we've been on the planet long enough for the Rodent Brothers to find us..))

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:12 am

Ameri was enjoying herself despite her fears. She wasn't sure how much ale she'd drunk, as she still hadn't completely finished one mug. With all the rounds, her ale never really reached the bottom before it was filled again, but she didn't care. She was smiling again, and a couple of the stories got giggles out of the young medic.

After Titan finished his story, Ameri shared one of her own. "Once, my sisters and I were at a ball on Osirus. My brothers were there too, and my parents, but Aaralyn, Talli, and I always went in as a group. Anyway, Aaralyn had just reached marriageable age- she wanted to get into the very best family. Father was so proud of her. Anyway, she was dancing on the floor, and Talli and I were sitting it out, catching our breaths. This older gentleman starts talking to Talli, asking her questions and such. How do you do? Do you like this hobby, that hobby? Might I buy you a drink? Well he tags along with us, and wants to dance with Talli. All of a sudden, it hits us!" Ameri paused to dissolve in giggles for a couple moments. "He thought Talli was Aaralyn! Oh you should have seen his face when she mentioned her name! She tried to make it casual enough, but still pointed enough so he'd see his error- oh, he was so embarrassed! His face got beet red, and he started stammering, before he could come up with some excuse or another to leave our company."

Ameri wiped her eyes, giggling at the memory. "When he was gone, Talli laughed so hard, she fell on the dance floor! Well, we both did, just laughing so hard. The people around us didn't know what to do- whether they should sit down too, or if we were just completely insane. Even Aaralyn thought it was funny, when Talli told her what happened."

Ameri held onto her stomach- it was hurting from too much laughter, and sighed happily, taking the liberty of resting her head momentarily on Kynthia's shoulder, her eyes closing with a big smile on her face.

<tag all!>
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:59 am

Kynthia looked down at Ameri and grinned. She checked the time and motioned for the bill. It had been three hours since they had arrived, and was past time that they got going.

Money swiftly changed hands. The amount hadn't been much more than hoped, and the crew settled cheerfully.

They made their way back up the stairs to the main street and wound towards the ship. Arms linked around each other, where needed, for support. She had Ameri's arm tucked through hers and the two of them were trying to figure out a silly dance step, amid many giggles.

TAG - The gang

"So, Mister Titan. We're heading to Carthage as the next port of call." She said to the handsome man striding beside them.

TAG - Titan

"Got a parcel to be droppin' off... " her words trailed off as she saw who was standing outside the ship on the field.

"Sam." Her voice was flat. "We got company."

TAG - Sam.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:47 am

((Sorry bout my lack of posting, life is nuts...literally))

Lu had been sitting snacking on some things in the cargo hold when she heard someone pounding at the entrance and glanced up. Hearing the voice she sighed, grabbing one of the hand communicators, she pressed the button on the side, "Kyn, we got company..."

Tag-Kynthia

Getting up from her sitting spot, she went over and opened up the door slightly, "Ferret, what're you wantin' now? We ain't got Maverick with us."

Tag-Ferrert
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch