[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Episode 4: Law

Episode 4: Law

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Postby Solomon James » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:04 am

OOC: Sorry about my brief absence... I'm a dad. :D

IC:

Chuy spoke quickly to Sol, "God will forgive you if you go steal us a hover to get us back to the ship."

Sol left without a word and rushed to find some method of transport. Stealing a hover was not something Sol had done before. He did still an hijack a train once, sort of. So this should be something quite similar he supposed.

Each new step made his foot feel like it was on fire but it was all for the better because he came up on an abandoned hover and looked around a few times to see who was coming.

Back at the wedding Mav looked around hoping Sol would get the Mule coming soon. "C'mon, Solomon, time is of the essence, friend."

Sol hopped into the hover and reached down to start the process of hot wiring it when it's owner came up.

"Who in the name of all that's from hell are you?*"

"Name's... Lietenant Henry Chan. Undercover Alliance Special Forces. The Alliance appreciates the temporary reappropriation of your vehicle for special Alliance needs."

Sol went back to hotwiring the hover and it started. He smiled widely and took off, a few seconds later just as he was pulling the hover up and out he felt a smack on the back of his head.

"Hey!" Sol screamed as his jarring caused the hover to slide back and forth a few seconds.

The man had jumped on to the back of the hover and had started using his own shoe as a weapon.

"I said I was... Sargent Frank Chan Alliance... Something or other. "

"You ain't no Alliance so-an-so!"

"And you ain't got no hover for today!" Sol said with a shove of his hand against the controls the man spun off of the side and fell to the ground."

"Well I appreciate the reappropriation of your vehicle for my usage."

Back at the wedding Lu was getting nervous, "Come on Sol...get here faster..."

And like the Holy answering a prayer Sol and his hover came skidding across the air.

"Hey!" He yelled, "There's a very unhappy man who is probably calling the authorities about a Harry Chang or something stealing his ride so let's get this party moved!"

Tags all!

*Translated from Chinese
Here's some nice shiny courtesy of our own Rick Ryder...

And so says Solomon James.
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:45 am

OOC - Sol - WOOHOO! Welcome to the insanity of parenthood! I hope everything went well. and YAY and Congrats and all kinds of good wishes.

IC -

A hover skidded, a much as something on air can skid, to a halt outside the gates.

"Hey!" Sol yelled, "There's a very unhappy man who is probably calling the authorities about a Harry Chang or something stealing his ride so let's get this party moved!"

Kynthia helped move Chris and get him into place.

"Please.. get him to the ship. Get him settled. An' remember.. we can't dust off without making a bigger mess than has been handed to us already. So, just get him sorted in the infirmary."

She looked out of the vehicle. "We'll be along later, with food and all. Got to clean up. It's always about cleanin' up."

TAG - Chris, Lu, Sol

(OOC - sorry for the continuity screwyness earlier. Yay for misreading things.. )

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby SDJThorin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:46 pm

SDJThorin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:07 pm

Kynthia jumped down from the purloined hover. Her skirts trangled in her legs. She grimaced. Last thing she needed was to not be taken seriously because of being in a pretty gown.

Still, there were more plans that had to be made. She picked her way around the milling guests. Touching the arms of some, shaking her head at others. Thankful that there were so few, she finally made her way to the front, where the altar was. And a large puddle of blood that she stepped over somewhat daintily.

She was wearing nice shoes for once, after all.

"Excuse me?" she began quietly into a lull in the conversations. "Hello?" After a few more moments of trying, and failing to get them to listen to her, she stuck two fingers in her mouth and let loose a shrill whistle.

Immediately, heads turned around towards her. Several hands dropped to gunbelts. More than a few opened their mouths to ask what the gorram hell did she think she was doing.

"Thank you." She began. "Right, been some trouble, as your so clear eyes can see. We ain't gonna be able to fix the trouble right off. So please.. be making good on that feast that Miss Tarragon and her folk worked on so hard."

She looked through the folk who were left. "We might be needin' to be asking for some kind of help, so we can get goin' and get our crew back where they oughta be. Seems like we're missing two. One you all saw, the other more quiet like. Anyone got any ideas, please be letting us know."

She looked across at Maverick, who had his stubborn "I thought I told you not to overstep" look on his face. "Me and the Captain thank you for comin' out and seeing the two get wed. Finally. Even got me into this gorram dress I am itching to be getting out of. Now, please. leave some for the folk as went to get the groom patched up. Oh and the Bride and all. But.. eat."

TAG - anyone left at the feast.

She stepped down and over to Maverick. "Guess you need to be getting your speechifying hat on faster Cap'n. Now, what was all that with Svek? Saw him leavin'."

TAG - Maverick.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:20 am

Ameri's eyes slowly opened. She was in a vehicle- she could feel its movements. Unlike someone used to ships, however, she was unsure what kind of vehicle it was. It was dark- her head hurt. She tried not to move, all the lessons she'd been taught on the slaver ship coming back to her. She was laying on something- a blanket- with a dim light above her head and to the right, on the wall.

Her leg cramped up, and she drew in a breath, flexing her toes up to ease the pain. It was enough. "She's awake," a male voice said, somewhere nearby.

Ameri waited, breath caught in her throat, in stillness. It seemed like an eternity, the couple of seconds before the vid screen in front of her turned on. It was her father.

"Ameri," Jeroan Webber looked unhappy with what he saw. "Sit up straight, make yourself presentable."

The younger Webber reacted. Swiftly, she sat up straight, smoothing her hair with her hands, and straightened out her dress, before raising her gaze again to the image of her father on the screen.

"Better." His tone did not coincide with the word. "Now tell me, child, why have you brought this trouble on our family?"

Ameri was taken aback, her light hazel eyes going wide, mouth open in denial and bewilderment. "I... I didn-.... What did I do?"

Her father's tone was long-suffering. "While you were gone, much has changed. How was I to explain your disappearance, child? What was I supposed to do to combat the image that I could not protect even my own daughter?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to let them-"

"Now is not the time for apologies." Jeroan broke in, neatly cutting off his daughter's tumbling words. "I had to declare you deceased, for the good of the family. Whether you meant to or not, you could have done great harm. What would your sister have done, had all her suitors withdrawn? Now, you will be pleased to know that Aaralyn is promised to a very strong, very old family. It is a good match."

"Is she happy?"

"Of course she is! But you see, Ameri, if you come back into the scene, you will destroy everything! Aaralyn's engagement will surely be cut off, your brother Cale will likely loose his position for the tarnish on our family name, and Talli will simply have no hope for the bright future I have tried to put together, much less Dacian."

"I won't come back! I'll hide away, and no one will know it's me!" Ameri pleaded.

"No, Ameri. You see, you have proven unable to keep your word. It got you into this trouble from the start, and has kept you in this trouble. Despite your intentions, you will likely bring ruin on us all," Jeroan's smooth, deep voice pronounced with calm seriousness, a father disciplining a naughty child.

"I promise I won't! I know a place, I'll be safe, you won't have to worry!" The younger Webber was desperate.

"The Monarch?" Her father scoffed. "I've been following the slavers- they led me to the Monarch, led me to you. They will catch up sooner or later. And you have been recognized. I have had to shut down too many news papers and fire too many reporters on your account. No, child, you are coming home. Now get yourself together- dry your eyes; you are too old for childish tears! Chin up, back straight. Try to remember you're a lady, not some random street urchin."
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:50 pm

USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Jeannette » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:35 am

Tarra, having removed herself from the talking and moving, took the blood-soaked rags and her blood-soaked self back to the kitchen. Rinsing the towels and stripping out of her Chef's gear that needed a proper cleaning, she was only slightly aware of the others stumbling and rushing over themselves.

Quote:
"Thank you." Kynthia began. "Right, been some trouble, as your so clear eyes can see. We ain't gonna be able to fix the trouble right off. So please.. be making good on that feast that Miss Tarragon and her folk worked on so hard."

The whole garden was in disarray, and she asked Ms. Valeria if there was any additional tables and such to lay out the food that she had worked so hard on.

Within moments, Li and the House staff had set out tables, cleaned up the garden and did their best to restore any kind of sense of peace and harmony.

Li Valeria
Jeannette
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby Kris » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Lu watched Sol show up with a deep sigh of relief. Helping lift him up onto the hover, she sat down next to him and looked down at her hands, which were now shaking badly, let alone covered in blood.

Closing her eyes for a moment, she reched over and gave Chris' hand a squeeze, hoping he was still awake. He was, but barely. "Don' you go worryin' bout me none. Ameri will fix me up when we get to the ship." Trying to give a reassuring smile to him, Lu couldn't hide the tears streaking down her face. He was getting weaker and she knew it.

"Sol, any way we can pick up speed and get him there faster?"

Tag-Sol
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Solomon James » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:44 am

Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:14 pm

USS Legacy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:15 am

Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby KendleRJ » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:10 pm

USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Solomon James » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:12 pm

"Hey Sol." Kyn said clearly. "Ease up! We ain't in a hurry to be out in the black until we know where we 're goin', whether we can be gettin' off this planet without adding to the trouble and we want everyone to be gettin' to the ship on one piece. Slow it down! Unless you really want the lawfolk what happen to be standing around at our get together to be watchin and wonderin."

"Only if you say so. Excitement has my ticker pumpin' fast."

Tarra looked defiantly at the driver, Solomon James, she believed he was. "I don't believe we've been formally introduced. The name's CHEF," she may have put undue emphasis on it, but she was a mite tetchy, "Tarragon Hunter. And perhaps you could let me know, once you've tried my food, whether you feel the need to dump it."

"Well you can ask Kynthia I like a good bit of nourishment and refreshment as much as any starving space-farer. I've got no intention of going hungry if I can keep from it. We'll ease up a little and be sure we get everyone and the food there at the same time."

Sol spoke up a little, "What say everyone to that?"

Tag-all

Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Jeannette » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:55 pm

He started munching on some of the food, as the hover started to leave. This day had not been good at all. "I don't care what they say about her... She's golden where I'm from, Miss Li."

"Yes," replied Valeria, enjoying the food. "You seem to care a great deal about everyone on your crew. That's commendable, and no doubt reassuring to them in times of trouble."

-Li
Jeannette
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby Kris » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:00 pm

Chris looked to Tarra and did what she had told him to do. Oddly enough, it was working. The willow bark was helping get rid of some of the pain as well as help keep him concious because he had to focus on chewing on it.

Listening to everyone talking about the food, Lu let out a sigh. As long as they got to the ship, and Chris was still concious, she did not care exactly what they did with the food.

Hearing Sol talk, she nodded. It was probably better to go slower than fast anyway. Who knows what they would come across on their ride back to the ship and sudden stops or swerves could end up disaterous.

She decided to chime in as she got a smile from Chris. "I think all of us appreciate the time you took to make all the food for this wedding. If we have anything to do with it, none of it will go to waste, I can promise you that."

She smiled at Tarragon, though still visably shaken over what had happened.

Tag-all in the hover
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Galifestus » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Chuy looked through the windscreen of the hovertruck, his brow furrowed, his mind on his decision. Was it right? Was this the course he should take? Or in the grand scheme was his decision a step on a road that would lead only to heartache and ruin? Years ago, he had forsworn the order and all it stood for. Where was the understanding he had used to make that previous decision? Had he taken the path too far already? Was he--

"I think all of us appreciate the time you took to make all the food for this wedding. If we have anything to do with it, none of it will go to waste, I can promise you that." said the pilot, loud enough to break into the large preacher's reverie.

"Indeed!" he added. "In fact, if you'll just hand across that packet, I'll prove our good intentions toward your preparations."

He took the package from her, and began to eat with every indication of satisfaction.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:31 am

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:36 pm

Kynthia was certainly tried and tested over the last little while... her eyes, smeared with makeup and bloodshot with the tears and lack of sleep were weary and apologetic. It took all of Tarra's strength not to just go and put an arm around her to comfort her.

Instead, she asked a silly question which she hoped would be taken in the same light tone as it was delivered, "So, I have you to blame for shootin' the groom then?" And a large smile covered her face to show that, despite the expense, the personal and professional investment, and the wholehearted hope that the day would go over without a hitch, that it was going to be all right. That, no matter what might happen, there would always be a tomorrow.

And of course, another meal.

Tarra unloaded her arms with the heavier foodstuffs, fussed around a little before sitting down with two nice, warmed mugs of that hazelnut stuff, a scoop of whipped cream and a scraping of nutmeg. She promptly plunked one down in front of the first mate. "I'm afraid that I have one rule in my kitchen, and more to come as the need arises." And waited for Kynthia to turn to meet her eyes.

~ Tag Kynthia

"No one can cry in my kitchen unless it's not over my food. If word gets out that I made someone cry with my cooking... well, that's a kiss of death for ANY Chef, First Year or otherwise." And she turned back to her mug and took a small sip. How Tarragon managed to keep it together in the face of the shooting, the hover and the quick packages thrown together to-go for the majority of the Crew gave her only a moment's pause.

Rising and fussing again with some of the leftover parcels, Tarra took out a plate, opened some packages and hacked off a steaming piece of beast, picked up a Puddin and ladelled out the gravy. Some veggies finished the serving and she placed this in front of the Kynthia as well along with some cutlery. All this happened while she was speaking.

"Ms. Kynthia, before I left the hover, it seemed that Chris seemed a little better. I left some sugary sweets to stop the shock and some Willow Bark for the pain. Wherever they're headed, they've got the smaller parcel of food to keep up their strength, and I've managed to salvage the cake." Sitting again, she winked, thumbed over her shoulder at the heaviest parcel, which was still covered and in good shape. And then, more serious again, she continued, "I'm fair certain that when they get him to a Doc, he'll be fixed up, good as new. Now drink up."

~ Tag anyone heading into the kitchen at Ms. Valeria's
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Kynthia glanced up at Tarragon over the lip of the mug of steaming liquid. She sipped and sighed immediately in appreciation of both the warmth it spread through her body and the flavour.

“This is right welcome. Thank you. And what might that rule be?”

She listened to Tarragons very straightforward and simple to understand rule. And smiled sadly. Ameri would like this woman. Ameri liked things to be homey and loving. Tarragon certainly seemed to fit the description. The thought nearly tipped her over the edge into tears again.

When she looked down at the table in order to put down the mug, she was startled to notice a plate of food had appeared. She picked up the fork and speared some vegetables. She must have been seriously lost in her own thoughts not to notice that Tarragon had managed to get her to eat.

"Ms. Kynthia, before I left the hover, it seemed that Chris seemed a little better. I left some sugary sweets to stop the shock and some Willow Bark for the pain. Wherever they're headed, they've got the smaller parcel of food to keep up their strength, and I've managed to salvage the cake." Sitting again, she winked, thumbed over her shoulder at the heaviest parcel, which was still covered and in good shape. And then, more serious again, she continued, "I'm fair certain that when they get him to a Doc, he'll be fixed up, good as new. Now drink up."

Kynthia got a fair bit of the meal down her before she spoke again. “Tarragon. Please, just call me Kynthia. I keep looking around for the person in charge with all them Misses.” She chewed on a mouthful of real meat before looking up again.

“I am sure that Chris will be alright. ‘Tis Ameri I am worrying about. Her and Sam both went missin’ at the same time. I don’t even know where to begin to be looking for them. Mav will bluster an make the noises like he’s knowing where to be headed, but I ain’t sure he knows either. An.... “ she paused, rubbing at the edge of her head. “M’head hurts again. Merry was goin’ to be scannin’ it to be telling me what was still up. ‘tis making things less on the clear side of fuzzy.”

Shoulders slumping, Kynthia returned to her meal. She didn't know if she was even making sense.

TAG - Tarragon
TAG - anyone else headed into the Kitchen.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby KendleRJ » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:02 am

USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:21 pm

"So no one is sure where they might be, but do you think they might have been taken?"

Kynthia looked up sharply at Tarragon's words. The anguish on her face said everything. "I hope not. We think that Ameri's father had a hand in the taking that happened. But, Svek's hover, an the shootin'? All to be takin' them?"

She looked around the kitchen, as if trying to see through the walls and follow someone running away down the road outside.

Then blinked. There was a crumpled piece of paper on one of the counters. It had blown half behind a jar of sweetening, so it had not been seen. She stood up and reached for it, smoothing it out on the surface.

In a large, childish hand, was written:

Cinfya
hav too goe thyr is tawk law to clows to us. goine to bak of so al sayf. Sam

Kynthia took a deep breath in. Showing the note to Tarragon, she said a little too quietly "Well, guess that answers that one. I have to go and tell Maverick. Thank you for the drink and the food. I 'preciate the kindness."

She turned to walk away, then looked back at Tarragon. "You've been as solid as can be in all this. Thank you."

TAG - Tarragon

She walked into the garden, finding Maverick at the table with Selene sitting beside him. The marks of her tears were still evident o her face, since she had not cleaned her face yet.

"I know where Sam is. We can stop worryin' about her. Guess she will show when she can." Kynthia handed him the note, watching as he read it.

TAG - Maverick.

Sitting down at one of the long benches, Kynthia picked at a piece of sharp cheese and snagged a cracker. "What now?" She asked.

TAG - Maverick

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:57 am

Maverick looked at Kynthia. "We go after Jeroan Weber. Wouldn't be too surprised if Sam was headed there after her." He also had a piece of a drumstick from Tarra's works. "Get the crew to eatin', and the boy to healin'. We've got a distance to travel... And considering I offended Svek, we lost one of our sources."

He lamented for a moment. "Ferret... I hate that no good piece of go se, but... He might have the info."

Tag - Kynthia

=======

The doctors stopped the hover that Sol was driving and waved in the crew. Two heavy men carried Chris to the table and started to rip apart his pants to get to the wound in question.

"Son, you got a good one." And then looked over to Chuy. "Reverend, glad to see that God preserved you. But this boy will have a trial to keep 'live. Say a few for him, won't you?" They carried him into the rooms and slammed the door.

The doctor looked at the leg. "We're gonna have to see if we can get the bullet out. If not..."

Tag - Crew outside the hospital.

OOC: Alright, we're heading into wrap up time. So get in those good ones I know you can before Tavey and I do the lock thing.
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby KendleRJ » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:35 am

She turned to walk away, then looked back at Tarragon. "You've been as solid as can be in all this. Thank you."

"Nothin that other good folk might think a doin." Tarra started clearing the plate and mugs from the table and started the washing up. All seemed sorted with them... they were leaving Bernadette as soon as they were able so they could find their young Doc, and perhaps find their other wayward soul, Sam. Their Shepherd was safe and the White Lotus may have finally decided to leave the rest of this rock in peace.

The cake would need to go with them back to wherever they were going, and, after cleaning up in Ms. Valeria's kitchen, she picked up the rather heavyish parcel and walked out into the garden with it.

She caught sight of Kynthia on a long bench, the Captain and his daughter sitting at a table and she approached them. She held out the parcel to them as an indication of her intent and placed it delicately on the table. The delicacy was only for effect. Nothing was going to damage the contents unless a small thermo-nuclear weapon were detonated within a 200 yards of it. Ok, 100 yards. Investing in the container for a wedding cake? Who wouldn't have?

"Excuse me, Captain sir." She waited for Maverick to look up. Meeting his gaze straight she went on, "This here's the weddin cake for Ms. Lu and Mr. Chris. Nothin will shake it loose until you open the parcel, so I thought I should be leavin it with you."

She turned back to the kitchen, wiping her hands on her clothing since she had removed the blood-covered gear earlier on and asked nonchalantly as she went: "So, what are your thoughts on the meal?"

~Tag Maverick, Kynthia, Selene
USS Legacy

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Lu backed away from the door hearing what the doctors said to Chris and slid down a wall that her back hit. She looked in as they closed the doors and tears began to well back up in her eyes when she heard "We're gonna have to see if we can get the bullet out. If not..."

Her hands were caked now with dried blood, and were shaking. Her whole body seemed to be shaking as she sat there and mumbled to herself. "My wedding...they ruined my wedding." There was both a look of sadness and anger etched across her face as one of her hands balled up into a fist and slammed the ground out of frustration.

Pulling her legs up to her chest, her blue and now red dress drapped over them, she just remained there, staring through the tears that were finally making their way out of her eyes. Whoever did this was going to pay for ruining her wedding, and for taking Ameri from them when they now needed her.

Tag-Anyone there.

-----------------------------------------------

Barely understanding what the doctors were saying to him, Chris knew that he was losing his fight to stay concious. Before the doors closed, he could see Lu sliding down against a wall and frowned.

Looking to the doctors, with barely any voice really still in him, let alone the strength to use it, he spoke softly. "Make sure she's safe..." He looked them directly in the eye and saw one of them nod before all of the pain and bloodloss finally got to him. He now lay unconcious on the bed they had him on, fighting to keep himself safe now.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch