[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Episode 4: Law

Episode 4: Law

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Postby Saint » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:32 am

Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby KendleRJ » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:07 pm

USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:53 pm

Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby KendleRJ » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:21 am

USS Legacy
Ensign Navkiran Khangura - Engineering
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KendleRJ
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Lu finished packing up a few things from she and Chris' room and started to drag it up the ladder. The doctors weren't able to find the bullet in his leg, and even though they cleared him to leave, he still could not make it up and down the ladder to their room. Instead, they had taken one of the passenger rooms until he could get around again.

She hadn't exactly been happy when the doctors told her they couldn't find the bullet in his leg, because she knew that there was no way it had gone all the way through. But she had held off her anger until she was able to nearly strangle the life out of a pillow instead of snapping at them. They had done their best and that's all she could really ask for.

Finally getting her last load up the ladder, she closed up the room and started to heave it off towards their temporary room.

---------------------

Chris sat on the bed in the room feeling slightly useless. Here he was, laid up for who knew how long, and his wife was having to lug a bunch of stuff up from their room so they could have some of their things in this room.

Pulling himself up so he could lean against the wall, he let out a frustrated sigh. Their wedding had been ruined by someone who decided to take Ameri. He rememered what he had said at the hospital when he was told that Ameri had been taken.

"What do you mean someone has taken Ameri, Lucy? Who would want to take her?! We have to get out of here, we have to save her. She's so young and probably so scared. Gorramit, get me the hell out of here and let's go get her."

He hadn't been happy. This place had, in the short time he had been here, turned into a home with a family he did not want to lose. Even the little, sometimes strange Selene, had grown on him.

---------------------

Opening up the door, Lucille saw an upset look in Chris' eyes. "Thinking bout what you want to do to the ones who took Ameri again?" He had been having that same look quite a few times, and she knew not to ask what the look was about, just to ask if he was thinking what she knew he already was.

"Can you really blame me, Lu? I mean, they took her, from our wedding. Someone whom we had grown to trust while we fixed up the ship was just there to double-cross us." He tried to pull himself out of the bed and help with the load, but she put up a finger to stop him.

"What did the doctors tell you?" He groaned, "Not to get up and move around a lot. But you shouldn't have to do all the work."

Lu put the load in the corner with the others and sat down next to him, giving him a gentle kiss. "I can fend for myself. Just because we are married now does not mean that you need to baby me and keep me from working. I took care of myself for over half my life. I think I can deal with just doing this."

Chris nodded, "You're right, I shouldn't baby you. How bout this, unless you are really straining and pushing yourself beyond what is safe, I won't try to stop you."

"You really think you can do that? Alright then, that sounds good." She grinned and laid her head against his shoulder, sitting there with her husband. She knew she would have to move once they had to get the ship going, but for now, she wanted to have this time alone. It was something they both needed after the mess at their wedding.
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:39 pm

He looked over at Kynthia and rubbed along her face, not caring. "We get them all loaded up and then we fly... To Dyton."

Tag - Kynthia

OOC: Alright, folks last one and make it good before Tavey and I put in that lock.

Kynthia closed her eyes as he touched her face. For just a moment, she let herself feel as though they were simple lovers sitting somewhere nice. It was a brief dream.

Then reality came back. She opened her eyes and nodded.

"Dyton. Aye sir. I'll go and make sure we're square with Miss Li and the girls. Find out if she is wanting to come with us, or wanting to stay here. Since we have been given the task instead of the bail, she shouldn't be having to pay anything."

She stood up, looking down at the ruins of her dress. "Guess I won't be needing this. Was different to be in skirts. Time to get back to normal though."

Kynthia headed for the room that she had been sharing in the house first. She changed back into her normal work trousers and shirt, rolling the sleeves to just below her elbows. Packing up the few belongings that she had brought over, she couldn't help feel sad. Maverick had seen the dress, but he never got to dance with her. Another chance gone.

She held her composure long enough to pack her own things, but began to weep again when she packed Ameri's bag. That was the hardest one. Still, she vowed that she would find Ameri, and that they would be back onboard the Monarch where they belonged before long.

Once the bags from her room were together, she placed them and Sam's by the front door. It was time to find out what Li wanted to do.

"Miss Li?" She called, looking through the house until she found the woman. "We have been given an all clear to go and get Ameri back. Was wonderin' if you were wanting to come along with us. As Lao said, there is a chance that anyone associated with us might come under attack from them as what oughta be 'shamed of themselves for the doing of it."

TAG - Li.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:25 am

Mav looked at the crew coming aboard and saw that any and everyone who could be accounted for was on board. Lao looked at him and nodded. As he looked around. He took a look at Kynthia and smiled at her. They were home.

They were in luck, the ship was back in business, somewhat, as they picked up a crew of folks headed for the Dyton Colony. Most didn't have money, per say. However, some carried fresh meat and fresh vegetables for Tarra. The ones who had money were able to pay for the capsule housing. One overseer paid the premium price for the cabin.

But... until he felt everyone was aboard, Mav looked over to Miss Li's house, waiting. While he was waiting, he looked up to the sky. Hoping... Just hoping he could find the little girl. He felt a little hand on him.

"We'll find Merry, Daddy. He won't hurt her. Not as long as we're after him." Selene leaned against him.

"I know, dear..." He sighed, "But that's not the part that worries me."

"Then what does."

"Who is he sending after us now..."
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Previous

Return to Firefly: Monarch