[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Episode 4: Law

Episode 4: Law

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Episode 4: Law

Postby Saint » Mon May 05, 2008 3:54 pm

Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Mon May 05, 2008 8:22 pm

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon May 05, 2008 9:13 pm

"Both of you in the shuttles, pull back in now. We're gonna land this thing, and not so gently."

Lucille heard this and immediatly pulled the shuttle back into its spot along the side of the ship. Seeing the ship from the outside all this time had not been a good site indeed. Repairs were gonna take them a while to say the least.

Once she was docked, she shut down and rushed onto the bridge only to hear, "Take the secondary, Lu! Ain't got time to switch this over." Her place was normally at the first seat but she didn't have a choice because they were going down hard. She hit her seat right as the thrusters cut out. "Just great.." she mumbled as she strapped in.

When Mav said the struts were out, she felt them hit the ground with a thud. "'Nother thing to add to our repair list it seems." She said to no one inparticular as they went down and finally stopped.

Lu unstrapped herself and let out a breath. Spinning around in the seat, she looked at the door as people walked out. Getting up herself, she walked over to her regular seat and looked over things. How they had survived that landing, she had no idea, but they did.

Chuckling to herself, she went off the bridge and down into her room to grab a few things before pulling herself back up the ladder and off to the cargo hold, nearly hitting Kynthia and Ameri (who didn't look to happy mind you) as she messed with her hair a little bit.

Chris had given up on trying to strap things down as he heard Maverick call the shuttles in. Running up the stairs out of the cargo hold, he managed to pull himself into a seat and strap in as the landing struts hit. He did manage to bang his head on the back of the seat, just enough to knock some sense into himself to not strap in last second.

As they finally stopped, he pulled himself out of the seat and stood for a minute before moving. By that time, Lu had gone past him and he took her arm and stopped her, giving her a light kiss.

"Think we're gonna get any alone time while we are here?"

Lucille smirked and walked along with him to the cargo hold. "Only if we can get this piece of go se back into a flyable ship." A frown crossed Chris' face. "What is it Chris?"

He let out a sigh as he took her hand lightly, running a finger along her ring. "Just thought we might find somewhere to have our wedding is all." Her eyes got slightly wide as they made their way down the stairs, "Chris, I've told you, I want the crew there. They are like family to us now, you know that by now. I ain't doing the wedding without 'em."

He could only nod. "Bettin' you're wantin' Chuy Lo to do it aren't ya?" A smile crossed her face, "If that's alright with you." He smiled too, "I was thinkin' the same thing when you said you weren't doing the wedding without them." He kissed the top of her head, "Anything you want bao bey, now let's go bout getting our home repaired."

Tag-Anyone who wants to have heard that conversation
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Solomon James » Tue May 06, 2008 11:40 am

Solomon stepped out of the shuttle he was flying to help land the Monarch. He was no Lu but he could make it go in all the necessary directions and somewhere close to the right speed.

He stepped out and surveyed the ship. "Bit of paint here, bit of love there. She'll be proper soon enough."

He walked slowly around the ship trying to find every ding. dent, and scratch so he could know what body work needed to be done after he got the insides working again. He hoped Kynthia was going to be able to help. It was a miracle that they all didn't die as soon he the ship started moving.

Sol walked past Lu and Chris talking. He tried not to eavsedrop,

"They are like family..."

"Chuy Lo to do it..."

"...wedding..."

The man's eyes grew wide but he chose to ignore the statements and continue focusing on the ship.

A few moments passed, "What're gunna do for a honeymoon?" he asked. He didn't look back at them he just asked as if they'd been talking to him all along.

Tag-Lu
Here's some nice shiny courtesy of our own Rick Ryder...

And so says Solomon James.
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Saint » Tue May 06, 2008 2:10 pm

Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Galifestus » Wed May 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Chuy Lo was back in his dirtside habit of long coat and loose clothing, topped by the goggles and turban he'd been wearing when first he'd seen the Monarch. Additional to this, he had a combination plasma torch, good for cutting or welding. It wasn't long after they'd been on the pad till Chuy had been outside. He was crawing under the body of the ship, near the aft end. He was looking hard at the savaged underside of the little transport near the after quarters, seeing clearly the hole that had born him out upon space a few days before. On the ground, the damage seemed more amazing than it had when he'd been standing around it on magnetic boots.

He was working in the four feet or so of clearance under the ship, so had to crawl and crouch as he moved. He lit the torch to slash off a sharp hunk of projecting metal which blocked further progress. All of this damaged debris would have to be replaced by fresh plate steel and aluminum alloy. The extant wreckage might sell for scrap, but was good for nothing else. The chunk dropped with a loud crashing clang, or a clanging crash, but whatever it was, it was noisy.

Shuffling forward on his back, he found himself looking up into his quarters. He'd removed what he could of his effects while the Monarch had still been in space under tow. He was glad, for the interior was blackened and chared by the fires of the planetary air that had slowed the ship. He had not been able to get into the other spaced sections of the aft quarters, though the door of his cabin had burst, enough debris had stacked up there to prevent him from getting past. Now, on the ground, he could cut his way in, and eventually free up the other doors which led off the back of the cargo bay. Those, it was unsafe to mess with until they had been dirtside, as the emergency doors were all that stood in the way of the entire hold being vacced. Now that it was safe enough, the doors had been found to be frozen, literally, in place, the hydraulic springs which actuated them having their fluid turned solid by the cold of space and the pressure having fused them somehow.

Another piece of metal clattered to the ground. He crawled into his erstwhile room and began cutting away the debris in the doorway. It would be an hours heavy work, but it was needed if the ship were to fly again. The present compliment would not be able to fit aboard her without the added living space. And he enjoyed the work. It gave him time to think and remember.

Was he content to be what he had been? What had led him to this pass in life? How did he really feel about the burgeoning relationship between Maverick and Kynthia, two people he'd once known under different names.

He thought back....

~tbc as chuy works, but tags for other work crews~
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Kris » Wed May 07, 2008 9:17 pm

Lu stopped dead in her tracks at hearing Sol's voice. Turning around, she was a bit speechless. "Honeymoon? Wait...you were listening?" Looking back up at Chris, her face turned beet red. "Er um...I didn't really...I don't think.."

Chris chuckled at Sol's inquiery and then at Lucille as she stammered. "It's alright Lu, and Sol, I don't believe we have..." Lu cut him off, "With a ship like this, I don't really see a honeymoon in our future." She tried to smile, but knew her cheeks were still red.

Chris looked down at Lu again, raising an eyebrow. This wasn't like her. "Lucy sweetheart, you feeling alright? You're all red." She just looked down, "Huh? Yeah...I'm ok..." Truth was, the only one she had spoke to about wedding things was Chris, and now Sol was there too. "I um...yeah honeymoon, may think about that..." She was mumbling slightly, what was it about wedding talk that was making her do this?

Tag-Sol
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Wed May 07, 2008 10:09 pm

Mav cringed at the thought of a Marshall coming. "Understood." He shut off the communicator. "Everybody look legal like. Marshall is on the way!"

Kynthia immediately got a stubborn look on her face at Maverick’s words. “Ameri. I promise I will look after myself. I ain’t like certain crazy Captain’s that we know, off an’ runnin’ with holes in him.” She crossed her arms, trying not to wince.

Selene bounced past, hair flying around her. “Daddy says I am to come with you.” she announced. Kynthia grinned at the young woman. Something had changed there. Maybe it was the meds, keeping her in one piece. Whatever had changed Selene’s mind, Kynthia just hoped it would last.

Maverick walked past the girls. "Going to meet with the lawman, ladies. Might need to turn over the scum to him. If he's meeting us, might have a bounty on them. If so, Merry, gonna need you to help him collect them. Kynthia's help will be needed, too... Of course, that's up to you."

Kynthia reached out and snagged his arm. “See, even the Cap’n says I need to be up and around.” She stuck her tongue out at Ameri, eyes twinkling. “I will come and let you look me over later on, but I want to see the outside of the ship. I need to know just how fast I got to get moving right.”

He gave Kynthia a kiss on the cheek. "Let's hope this goes well..."

“Well then cap’n, how ‘bout you be a nice gentleman and give a lass your arm down the ramp?” She tucked her hand into his arm and leant against him a little as they slowly walked down the metal grid towards the ground.

She stumbled a little when she saw the Monarch. Her eyes immediately filled. “Gorram Maverick. Look at that. No wonder the Monarch is hurtin’.” She didn’t say, though she could have, that they were all so very lucky to be alive.

TAG - Maverick
TAG - Anyone outside.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Solomon James » Wed May 07, 2008 11:13 pm

"I um...yeah honeymoon, may think about that..." Lu was mumbling slightly, what was it about wedding talk that was making her do this?

Sol smiled, "Listen, I know alot about things. I don't know alot about weddings, or marriage, or love... But what I know about livin' with someone is you always want to start off on good terms. I think a good way to have good terms is... you know... some... good times."

Sol smiled and waited for Lu to reply he saw from the corner of his Maverick. He'd only vaugely heard something about a Marshall.

"'Course I think it's best if we save the honeymoon plans till after we get somebody to take all these dead bodies we made away."

Tag-Lu

Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Sat May 10, 2008 8:57 am

The cracks and fissures along the outiside of the ship told a grim tale in their own right. One side of The Monarch looked fair. Almost as if the emergency had been anything but. A mere scratch. A few buckled plates. It was walking around the other side that made the stomach fall and twist.

Streaks of black outlined the rents in the aft of The Monarch. The hull was buckled sideways and out from the force of the collision that had ripped the engine in half. Twisted shards of metal fanned out like a sculpture or as if they were desperate fingers reaching for safety.

The Monarch listed sideways on the ground. It was obvious she wasn't going anywhere for a while.

"Marshall's over there." Kynthia nudged Maverick lightly. She could feel the sadness and shock in his body although he was masking it well on his face.

"Let's go and deal with him. Then get us a new engine."

TAG Maverick
TAG Marshall

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Sat May 10, 2008 9:20 am

Mav looked and shook hand with a large imposing Chinese man. "Colonel Saul Armstrong. Some call you the traitor of Serenity. And there's the rest of us who think you did the right thing in shooting that lunatic..."

"Sergeant Major Lao Jiang. B Company, 157th Regulars." Maverick looked again at the Fu Manchu and that lock on the back of the head. "What brings you to marshallin'?"

Lao took out his pad, "Honest living, I guess, Colonel. Got my 20 and got out. So, you got something for me." He looked over at Kynthia and nodded his head. "Ma'am." Something about her that he couldn't shake.

TAG - Kynthia

"Five of the 'Verse's finest citizens... And I mean that loosely, Lao. The main one has been tagged as Andrea Vaughn. Got her in the back while she was trying to get this young lady through the kidneys." Mav kept an arm around Kynthia, as he mentioned the past events.

"Left the ship in that shape, to where you had to crash down. That's the Fenris's MO... And what of Andrew?"

Mav shrugged his shoulders. "Reaver food by now. There was a blackout Firefly in that region."

"And the Fenris was running when they came... Alright, we'll assess the bounty. Since they're dead, the fee is at 3/4. However, it's better than no cash, and Andrea Vaughn is at a high price. Enough to get you fixed up, too."

TAG - Kynthia and Crew.

"I imagine you want to check them."

Lao scratched along his Fu Manchu. "Of course, if you got a doc, I'll speak with her."

TAG - Ameri
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Quamie » Sun May 11, 2008 11:24 am

Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Sun May 11, 2008 8:41 pm

Kynthia nodded to the marshall. “Thank you for comin’ out to us, Marshall Lao Jiang. Nice thing to do. Been a hard time.”

Mav kept an arm around Kynthia, as he mentioned the past events. She took advantage of it to lean into him, grateful for the help. She was feeling weaker than she realized.

She couldn’t keep her eyes off the ship. While Maverick and the Marshall talked, she was making a shopping list in her head.

"And the Fenris was running when they came... Alright, we'll assess the bounty. Since they're dead, the fee is at 3/4. However, it's better than no cash, and Andrea Vaughn is at a high price. Enough to get you fixed up, too."

“Well, If you know where to find a good shipyard, I would surely appreciate the directions. Trustworthy like though. None of them cheap metal places.” She made a note of the directions and the name that he gave her.

Ameri inched closer to Kynthia, her gaze darting around the area nervously.

"Of course, if you got a doc, I'll speak with her."

Ameri jumped a little, snapping herself back to the present. "I.." her voice was a hoarse whisper- her mouth was too dry. She swallowed, and tried again. Her mouth opened, but the only word that made it out was a feeble, "Me."

Kynthia’s head snapped round at the too quiet voice behind her. She assessed Ameri’s body language in an instant, recognizing the way that she was trying to hide. Her arm tightened briefly around Maverick to get his attention.

“You got this Cap’n? I think I need to be near the Doc, what with the knifin’ and all. Seems to me that I might be needin’ to be close.”

TAG - Maverick.

Kynthia held out a hand to Ameri. “Feeling like I might be needing that sit down after all. Why don’t I come back inside with you for the bodies?”

TAG Ameri.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Tue May 13, 2008 6:16 am

Lao looked at the young girl move against Kynthia and whispered to Mav, "If she's a doctor, she's a young one, sir. She barely looks above 18... And she looks like someone the slavers are looking for. Not that I'd give them the ability to find her."

Mav moved towards the ship, as he saw two men with guns aimed at them. "Nothing fancy, folks. We just want the little girl and no..."

Lao pulled out a sawn off double barrel 12 Gauge shotgun and proceeded to shoot the attempting kidnapper. At that point, he looked at his friend. "You want a similar hole, then keep at your job. If not, tell your boss... Tell him the girl is under the protection of Lao Jiang and the Monarch. And the same fate will meet any who come after her!"

TAG - Ameri

The thug decided that his stolen Alliance Officer's pistol would lose badly against a double barrel shotgun. Lao opened the chamber with a lever and popped out the empty shell and replaced it with a new one. Then, he pulled the barrel back with a loud click and placed it back under his jacket. "Now then... Let's see the shape of Ms. Vaughn."

Maverick looked at Jiang, "I think we need to move faster. If they're going after the little one... Kynthia, stay with her." Jiang's partner came above the hill.

"My partner will help the ladies with the bodies. Just be sure you folks lead her right." Lao nodded to the young woman. "If you're intending to fix this wreck of the moment. We need to get you to a place."

TAG - Kynthia

The ship was in a sad shape. It was beyond what the crew could do to repair it. So, Maverick was resolved to find a place and fast. "Know anyone with a place, Lao..."

"A former trainee of the Companion school named Li Valeria. She's not in the books, but I'll lead you to her. Be aware, though... She might not be an official companion, but she knows the tricks of the trade."

A nod of the head, "I think if she's asking for a reasonable price, we'll take our chances." After that came a chuckle, of course. "Companion or not, we'll freeze tonight with no power."

TAG - Li

With that, both men started walking towards the busy city streets...
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Tue May 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Mav moved towards the ship, as he saw two men with guns aimed at them. "Nothing fancy, folks. We just want the little girl and no..."

Kynthia pulled Ameri behind her, reaching for a gun that wasn’t on her hip. “Jen dao mei.” She hissed. “Back in the ship we go mei mei. Move!” She was instantly alert, any thought of pain from her wound was gone. Eyes filled with anger glared at the two men coming towards them.

The tall marshal took care of business and sent the other man off with a message. Kynthia kept Ameri close, shielding her as best she could. She said nothing, but the fact was that now whoever had sent the would-be kidnappers had the name of the ship. She looked at Maverick, determined to protect Ameri.

“Give me my rifle.” It wasn’t a request. She knew he was aware of that. “I want it in my hands as fast as it takes for Sol to get to my table on baking day. Faster, if’n that’s possible. You need to make it like that.”

TAG - Maverick

"My partner will help the ladies with the bodies. Just be sure you folks lead her right." Lao nodded to the young woman. "If you're intending to fix this wreck of the moment. We need to get you to a place." Lao kept watching around them as he spoke.

Kynthia nodded. She kept Ameri behind her up the ramp, backing up slowly into the hold. "Good plan. Place to stay. Ameri, one thing at a time. Bodies first."

TAG - Ameri.

She followed Ameri, snagging a weapon as she walked into the Infirmary. Firmly, she pointed to the area that they had placed the bodies. “Let’s get them ready for transport."

A strange man walked into the infirmary, ducking through the doorway and straight into the barrel of a pistol. "State your business, or leave, or die. Your choice."

The man held up his hands. "Easy. Name is Drew. I work with the Marshal. These the bodies?" He headed for the row of bags laid out on the floor, opening them one after the other.

TAG - anyone still onboard.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Tue May 13, 2008 9:03 pm

It had been in her nightmares, plaguing her, but she never truly believed it would happen. But there they were, plain as day, two men seeking to take her from her home, either to slavers or to her father. Kynthia acted quickly, pulling her behind her and backing her toward the ship. Frightened eyes wide, Ameri went along silently as the marshal took care of the slavers.

"My partner will help the ladies with the bodies. Just be sure you folks lead her right." Lao nodded to the young woman. "If you're intending to fix this wreck of the moment. We need to get you to a place." Lao kept watching around them as he spoke.

Kynthia nodded. She kept Ameri behind her up the ramp, backing up slowly into the hold. "Good plan. Place to stay. Ameri, one thing at a time. Bodies first."

Ameri nodded, even though Kynthia couldn't see it, as she was behind her. She headed into the ship, practically running for the infirmary once she was in the ship. Ameri and Kynthia were readying the bodies for transport when a stranger walked in. Kynthia reacted by whipping around and aiming for his head. Ameri reacted by ducking under the bed.

"State your business, or leave, or die. Your choice." Kythia said.

The man held up his hands. "Easy. Name is Drew. I work with the Marshal. These the bodies?" He headed for the row of bags laid out on the floor, opening them one after the other.

Slowly, Ameri nodded as she stood back up. She clenched her jaw and tried to keep from shaking as she finished readying the bodies.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Solomon James » Tue May 13, 2008 9:42 pm

Sol circled the ship looking at all the torn bits and the scratches. It seemed like the Monarch was more of a friend, a friend who just got clobbered. He made his way slowly through the interior of the wounded girl. Her sides were torn and some coolant oils leaked out like so much blood after someone gets stabbed. He turned the corner to the infirmary to get some allergy meds from Ameri and to see if he could talk to Kynthia about fixing the ship up.

He heard Kynthia's voice as he turned the corner.

"State your business, or leave, or die. Your choice." Kythia said.

'Damn,' he thought to himself, 'I just wanted to stop all this gorram sneezing.'

A man held up his hands just as Sol walked into the room. "Easy. Name is Drew. I work with the Marshal. These the bodies?" He headed for the row of bags laid out on the floor, opening them one after the other.

"Don't shoot me either. Name is Sol. I sort of work for you." He smiled before looking at the two ladies.

"'Meri. Seems in all the bustle I forgot to get some allergy meds for my sneezin'. I can't find that cat but it's somewhere 'cause I keep sneezing."

Tag-Ameri

Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Jeannette » Tue May 13, 2008 10:04 pm

The two men approached the boarding house run by Li Valeria. It was neat and clean, and as elegant as was possible out here.

Valeria herself answered the door. Although she was dressed in rough-hewn pants and a loose blouse, she carried herself with an elegance and confidence which belied her Companion training.

She bowed to the sheriff, then stepped aside, ushering both men into the house with a gracious movement of her hand. She spoke to the sheriff in Mandarin. "Greetings, Lao. Is it business or pleasure that brings you here today?"

Lao jerked his head in Mav's direction. "Friend here needs a couple of rooms for tonight," he said. "His ship's in pretty bad shape."

Valeria took a moment to study Mav, taking care to note how he carried himself and how he was reacting to being spoken about in his presence. Her training had included a lot of psychology, and she could tell a lot about a man by the way he responded to certain situations.

After a pause that began to push the border between long and uncomfortable, she finally addressed Mav.

"You may stay here for as long as you need. You may choose to have room and board, or just rooms, depending upon how public you wish to make yourself. It's one credit per night, but if you don't have credits, I also take platinum and silver. I do have a couple of girls available, if you so wish, and they set their own rates."

-Tag Maverick
Jeannette
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby Tavey » Wed May 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Solomon James » Wed May 14, 2008 9:07 pm

Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Fri May 16, 2008 7:34 pm

"Sounds good to me." Sol smiled his typical old man grin. He ran through his head all of the new fangled things they would need to get the ship back in one piece and how much they all cost. "Kyn we got the kind of spare platinum laying around to buy all the stuff we're going to need?"

Kynthia looked solemn. “Sure hope the bounty will take care of that. We used a lot of the spare on the medicine.”

She helped Ameri out from under the bunk. “Come on you. Park yourself down. This is the Marshal’s partner. Gonna get rid of these bodies for us an’ get us some credit while we are at it.”

She signed over the bodies to Drew, making sure to get a signature for them. Then looked at Sol again. “Gonna be alright my friend. We’ve gone through worse an’ she ain’t let us down yet. Got us here through all kinds of snaky nasty stuff didn’t she?”

TAG Sol.

“Lu Adams?” She called, hoping her voice would carry enough to catch the pilots ear. “Lu!!”

TAG Lu.

When Lu arrived in the infirmary, Kynthia was still sitting with Ameri. “Lu, I ain’t up to going with the deputy. Can you and Chris go an’ get the slip for the credits, or the cold hard if’n we can?” She looked hopefully at Drew as she said this.

TAG Lu.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Fri May 16, 2008 8:31 pm

Lu and Chris stood on the stairs as the crazyness happened. Looking down apon the group, Lu heard her name be called from somewhere back in the ship. Patting Chris on the shoulder, she ran towards the voice, catching Kynthia in the Infirmary.

Skidding to a stop, she slipped into the room, seeing someone there she had seen come onto the ship earlier. “Lu, I ain’t up to going with the deputy. Can you and Chris go an’ get the slip for the credits, or the cold hard if’n we can?” Lucille grinned, "Not a problem Kynth, I'll get the cold hard if I can swing it. If not then...guess its credits for the lot of us this time. Can't do much of anything else until I start getting replacement parts to start working."

She nodded to Drew who seemed to just be standing there and stood by the door. "Lead the way, Chris is just on the stairs in the cargo hold." Drew nodded and walked out, allowing Lu to lead the way.

Chris turned hearing footsteps behind him, "So, what did Kynthia want from you this time?" She shook her head and took his arm, "We have to go get the payment for the bodies. With how badly she was hurt, she can't make it out there. Now come on, we got payment to gather." He sighed and nodded, then looked back at Drew. "Guess you are taking us?"

Drew nodded, "Got all the paperwork and such in my office, if you two don't mind a stroll." He started down the stairs not waiting for them, glancing at Lu's hand with a ring on it and chuckled to himself for no real reason.

Following behind Drew, Lucille and Chris tried to keep up with him while bustling through the area. Finally coming to a stopping point, Drew led them to his office, slipping behind a mess of a desk, pulling out some papers. "You're Lucille Adams right?" He asked without looking up. "Yeah, I am, why do you ask?" He looked up after finding the papers he wanted, "Saw the name on the crew listing is all. Nice ring, this guy give it to ya?"

Chris eyed the man, and had been silent up until now on the walk, but had to speak up, "Yeah, I did give it to her." Drew chuckled, "No need to get defensive Rapson, it's nothing against you." He started to fill out the paperwork. "Now, I don't have enough cold hard to give it all to you in that, mind if it is half credits?" Lu thought for a moment. "As long as we get a reciept for it all, Kynthia probably wants records."

Drew nodded, and dug around his desk some more, pulling out a few things, including the money, before writing up a reciept. "There we go...that looks to cover it. Tell Maverick that if he's not happy with it, come see me. Same with Kynthia." He shooed them out of the office to find their own way back to the ship.

Gathering up the pile on the desk, Lu smiled, "Will do." She pushed Chris out of the office and out to the street. "Let's get back before I start looking around at stuff I might want. We've got all this money, can't spend it though, burning a hole in my hand. Got wedding on my mind and all." Chris chuckled, "Once we get our share, then maybe we might come back out and shop."

Smiling, Lu led them back to the ship, walking into the cargo hold once they got there. She wondered where Kynthia was, maybe she was still in the Infirmary. "Kynthia! Got payment, where you at?" She yelled into the ship as she pulled Chris up the stairs.

Tag-Anyone who heard about payment

Stopping short of the stairs, Chris grabbed her arm, "Lucy honey, we forgot something..." He nodded towards the bodies. "Gorram it." She mumbled under her breath, realizing Kynthia would already be heading towards her voice most likely.

Kynthia stopped in the doorway to the infirmary. "Good work. I think Ameri is calm enough now. What's happening about them?" She indicated the bodies.

Hearing Kynthia, Lu looked up, "Um...forgot to take them with us. Kind of got rushed out of here. Got the payment though, half credits, half cold hard. Figured that would be alright."

Tag-Kynthia
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Solomon James » Fri May 16, 2008 11:12 pm

She signed over the bodies to Drew, making sure to get a signature for them. Then looked at Sol again. “Gonna be alright my friend. We’ve gone through worse an’ she ain’t let us down yet. Got us here through all kinds of snaky nasty stuff didn’t she?”

"That much is true."

"Kynthia! Got payment, where you at?" Sol heard Lu yell and he followed closely behind Kynthia.

Kynthia and Lu talked about the payment for a while and Sol mused over getting a chance to get real dirty fixing the ol' girl up.

The two of them stopped and all Sol heard was 'half'.

"Well half's better'n nothin'"

Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Sat May 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Kynthia looked at Lu and Chris and sighed. She stood up slowly. “Load up the mule.” was all she muttered. She accepted the money and credits, checking the amount from habit against the receipt.

TAG - Lu

"Sol, we should be able to get something good with this. I think there's just enough, or close enough to it. Ain't no half measures on this boat."

TAG - Sol.

“Ameri, get yourself a nice big hat, and change into something less you like to wear. You are comin’ with me, I ain’t going to be able to keep the hunters off you if I ain’t near you.”

TAG - Ameri

Picking up her gun and checking the ammo she was carrying, Kynthia knew that this was pure stubbornness on her part. Her back was still tight and sore. She made her way to her quarters, climbing down the ladder carefully. There was a hidden safe in here, one she and Maverick had installed some time before in case there was need of separating money and the like. She spun the dial and pressed her thumb into the centre of it.

She placed most of the money inside. There were a few things she could pick up on her way home. And she figured that she might save Maverick a walk back by swinging past and getting him too.

She sat down beside her screen. Then decided to wait until she was on her way before calling him. That way he wouldn’t be able to growl at her and order everyone around so she would be still. She also decided to let Chuy and Sol know on the way past in the mule for the same reason.

She loaded up her sawnoff and strapped the holster to her leg. That plus an obvious set of revolvers should be enough to set anyone back.

By the time she reached the hold, the mule was ready to go. Ameri was also there, looking a little uncomfortable.

“You don’t have to come if bein’ here will make you feel better.” Kynthia said to Ameri quietly. She would wait until she saw Maverick to explain her other misgivings.

TAG - Ameri.

Kynthia climbed into the mule, starting the engines and waiting for Ameri, one way or another before setting off.

TAG - anyone at the ship.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Sat May 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Ameri gave Sol the medicine when asked, giving him a slight smile as she administered it. An injection would be more quickly effective, so she gave him that for relief. Other than that, she stayed in the background while Lu and Chris got the bodies and moved them.

Then Kynthia told her to change, so Ameri ran to her room. She grabbed Mav's hat and an oversized coat, mixing and matching shabby clothes from before Mav had taken her shopping. That had been a happy day. The medic paused a moment, a smile on her face as she remembered and a little of the stress melted away.

Then she ran back to where Kynth had gotten a mule ready.

“You don’t have to come if bein’ here will make you feel better.” Kynthia said to Ameri quietly. She would wait until she saw Maverick to explain her other misgivings.

Ameri shook her head and scrambled aboard. She still hadn't spoken hardly a word, but merely stuck close to her friend, clinging like a leech.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Firefly: Monarch