[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Episode 3 - Reverberations In The Black

Episode 3 - Reverberations In The Black

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Postby Tavey » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:36 pm

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Solomon James » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Solomon's face was warm with sweat. He was still in the environmental suit, which he was wearing over his clothes, which already already covered in sweat.

He leaned down to look at Ameri and Kynthia.

"I tried to get him. I was so hot in this gorram suit... I missed." His voice dropped to a worried whipser, "She's going to be alright though. Right?"

Tag-Kynthia
Here's some nice shiny courtesy of our own Rick Ryder...

And so says Solomon James.
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Galifestus » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:15 pm

~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Quamie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:27 am

Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:40 am

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Feeling himself be pushed back, Chris let out a frustrated sigh, but figured it was best if Maverick and Kynthia sorted it out. He only had a small bit of training and couldn't do anything but comfort her.

Lu pulled Chris back as he was pushed away by Kynthia. It wasn't easy for her to watch this; poor little Ameri having get a bullet taken out of her arm. Burrying her head into Chris' sleeve, she couldn't bare to watch it and hear Ameri at the same time.

Once it was all over, they both watched Kynthia go off only a few steps before falling back down again. It was very obvious that she had not wanted to do that. And the snap from Maverick had pushed her to finish the job. Getting up, Lu walked slowly over to Kynthia, kneeling down next to her.

"Kynth, you alright? That couldn't have been easy...I don't think any of us would have even thought that the bullet was still in there." Her adrenalin rush had worn off for the time being and they all needed to ban together to defeat these people and get their ship back.

Tag-Kynthia

Chris got up and started to walk amongst them all. "You know, I maybe knew on this ship, but I still call it home. We need a plan to kill those gorram men who did this to Ameri and get our home back so we can piece it back together. I don't know if they still outnumber us or not with all the shots flying around but...I have yet to see this crew back down from something."

Tag-Everyone
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:49 pm

"Kynth, you alright? That couldn't have been easy...I don't think any of us would have even thought that the bullet was still in there."

Kynthia looked at Lu, seeing the bodies of the fallen during the war. "Once you've seen enough of them, you learn Lu. 'Twas simple. There was only one hole."

She levered herself up to her feet. Chris was right. It was time to go on the offensive. She grinned suddenly as she heard Chuy howling something. She caught the word abomination in the middle of it. Her head snapped towards the door and then glanced around the room they were in. She had an idea.

“Time to go hunting Cap’n. I’m gettin’ a bit mad with the waiting. 'Tis startin’ to feel like being back in the trenches.”

She held out her hand to take the rifle from his hands. He stepped back. Kynthia’s eyes narrowed dangerously. “Give. Me. My. Gun.” she said quietly. Her mouth thinned with immediate anger.

TAG Maverick

“Just so you know Armstrong. It ain’t the only thing I got.” she ground the words through her teeth. “Just a gorram gun is all.” Her face set, she checked the rest of her weapons. It must have been when he kissed her. Made her forget.

Without thinking much about it, she began to stretch her muscles, the way she had been taught so long ago. It took a few minutes. Daniel Pratt staring a little and trying to remember where he had seen moves similar before.

"Sol. You think we might be able to tow the Old Girl in with the shuttles? Once we get a bit of move goin' won't be needing much except a little directional. What thrusters are still workin' and the pivots ought to be enough to set us down." she asked.

TAG - Sol

"Sam, guard the door. Chris, keep an eye on the hatches. Daniel cover the rest. Lu, get me something I can use from the engines. Look after Ameri." she stared at Maverick. "And you Old Man. You be here when I get back."

TAG - Sam, Lu, Chris, Daniel... oh heck. TAG all of ya.

Kynthia picked up the handheld for the ships comm. She whispered into it, knowing that wherever there was a speaker still working, it would be heard. She kept her voice low and eerie.

“You have defiled my sanctuary with all your detestable things and with all your abominations—therefore I will cut you down; my eye will not spare, and I will have no pity.”

She knew, somehow, that Chuy would understand that she was coming now. Full on and with no mercy.

With a ruthless and slightly insane smile, she continued “Now the end is upon you, I will let loose my anger upon you.”

TAG - Chuy

She knelt down, and levered up one of the grates in the floor, slipping through and into the crawlspace beneath. “Off to catch me an intruder or two. Find Selene and Chuy. I can’t be sitting here anymore while he is in danger.”

TAG - The Fenris crew, if you are listening.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Solomon James » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:14 pm

"Sol. You think we might be able to tow the Old Girl in with the shuttles? Once we get a bit of move goin' won't be needing much except a little directional. What thrusters are still workin' and the pivots ought to be enough to set us down." Kyn asked.

"We could guide it alright if Lu's up to towin' it. I ain't exactly sure how one tows a Firefly with a shuttle but I reckon a good pilot should know."

Tag-Lu.

Sol looked at Ameri for a few moments. Turns out she was a lot more brave than he thought before.

He looked back at Kynthia as she spoke into the comm.

“You have defiled my sanctuary with all your detestable things and with all your abominations—therefore I will cut you down; my eye will not spare, and I will have no pity.”

Sol's teeth showed as he sucked in air through them. He didn't really know who to be worried for more, the bastards that were tryin' hurt his family or the member of his family that was going after the bastards.

Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Kynthia vs. the Vaughns

Postby brawl » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:06 pm

Kynthia crawled through the narrow space between floors, moving loops of wiring out of her way as she did. This was not her favorite place on the ship, but she was able to fit through here at least. She eased herself over to the grate that opened into the back of the cargo hold, and waited, listening for movement beneath.

"Sonova-!" Andy kicked the door of the cargo hold, then kicked it twice more for good measure. He turned, saw Justin dragging Gabe's corpse into the Fenris and sneered.

"Useless," he muttered. He grabbed his comm. "Where in the sphincter hell are you three?!"

Kynthia froze, there were others by the sounds of it. She looked around trying to see movement. Then smiled. She unclipped the small box that linked to the ships comm and whispered into it.

“An end has come, the end has come.
It has awakened against you; see, it comes!
Your doom* has come to you.”

Andy and Andrea both jumped at the voice, both drawing weapons. Andy's eyes narrowed and he glared at his sister. She was licking her lips. Ready for blood.

"One of them," he said. "Where are you?!"

Keeping herself slow and steady, easing past all of the debris in the maintenance crawl, Kynthia moved a little closer to the cargo hold, and closer to the two areas that she could drop into the space below. She still couldn’t see any of the Pirates. And she was terrified, even though it wouldn’t seem so. This... this was a little too close for her.

She prayed that there was no shadow to be seen anywhere below.

"Do you hear that?" Andi said. Andy cocked his head, frowned and shook his head. She grinned. "It's meat." She stepped back and took aim at a nearby grate. She began to open fire.

It was just enough notice. Kynthia heard the hammers being drawn back and immediately moved backwards out of the way. She would have to take a different route into the hold. Cables began to spark where the bullets had nicked their insulation.

On the way to the other hatch, she yanked out the connectors of those cables, plunging the cargo hold into darkness.

Onboard the Fenris, a slight figure slipped out of the bridge, her pale blue sundress making her seem ethereal, ghostly. She left behind all too real ghosts in her wake. It was time to return Home. Where she belonged, where she knew she would be needed very shortly.

"Gorram it Andrea, stop it!" Andy screamed. "You'll going to get one of us killed in a ricochet." Andi turned and glared at him in the dark.

"Had it under control," she growled. "You screwed me up! She's back in there coming after us now!"

It wasn’t until she had dropped to the floor that Kynthia realised that she was hurt. One of the bullets had furrowed across her arm. Kynthia hissed as she tore a strip of fabric from the bottom of her top, wrapping it firmly around the wound. Thankfully it had more or less cauterized.

She moved through the darkness until she was closer. It worried her that apart from the occasional words, she still had not found Chuy. Once again, she whispered into the comm. “The sword is outside, pestilence and famine are inside; those in the field die by the sword”

"Closer," Andi hissed in the darkness.

Dropping into the odd meditative state that she had been drilled in so many years before, Kynthia wished that she was somewhere that she could take proper aim. As it was, she had finally spotted movement. She guessed it was the others that the pirate had called for. She moved between some crates, making sure that there was somewhere to roll and vanish once she gave her position away. Taking aim, she fired once, picking off one of the figures. Rolled into another crated area and getting behind the webbing.

As if in the distance, there was the sound of the outer hatch being closed. The soft click barely audible through the walls and gunfire.

Andy heard gunshots in the other side of the bay. His mercs. They were in, but it sounded like their stalker was too. He fumbled around his gear until he found a light, which he promptly turned on and tossed into the middle of the room. Two of his hired guns were down, and the first mate was taking aim on the third. Suddenly, a figure appeared behind her.

"Hello sweetness," Andi hissed in Kynthia's ear as she held one of her blades to the woman's throat.

Kynthia felt the knife at her throat. She gasped a little in fear. Sweat trickling down the side of her face.

There was an odd popping sensation. Hot. Fierce. Kynthia tried to take a breath, but found that she could only pant. Her legs suddenly became weak. She whimpered. Then slid off the other blade. The one that Andi had twisted into her lower back.

Selene removed her helmet, looking at the rest of the crew in the lounge. She stripped out of the suit quickly, pushing it off as if it were burning her. Her face was not altogether present. She was staring off into space. Suddenly she paled.

“Daddy.” she sprinted to Maverick, grabbing Kynthia’s rifle out of his hands. “Mother is dying.” She spun round, the skirts of her dress whirling around her legs. She opened the door and slipped through, vanishing into the cargo hold.

(tag Maverick)

In the pale light, Andy saw Kynthia fall, the blood on Andi's second blade that had just slid from her back. She raised both blades, ready for a killing blow. It never came. There were three small pops and Andi convulsed as the bullets passed through her head, neck and chest, then she fell to the ground.

Kynthia scrabbled desperately at the comm. She managed to click the button. Throughout the ship, the sound of her gasping, painfilled breath echoed. "Mav?" she whispered, before letting the box fall from her hands.

(tag all)
~ Captain Michael S Tucker, CO, USS Ark Royal NCC-71331 ~
~ Lieutenant Michael Thornton, CENG, USS Pegasus ~
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby Saint » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Quamie » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:46 pm

Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:26 pm

USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Solomon James » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:03 pm

Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Galifestus » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:04 pm

He'd known she was coming, all out for blood and thunder. He himself had a few ideas, recognizing the passages she quoted. He wondered if she even remembered the long hours it took to memorize all those scriptures, and then to learn the obscure double and trebble meanings of each verse or portion of verse.

In the darkness after she'd cut power, Chuy slipped once more into the cargo bay, and through the open door into the Fenris. He'd had a good look around while a prisoner and quickly found his way to the salvage vessel's bridge. He heard at leat one more person struggling with something heavy in the narrow passages, and was confident he would evade that person. Or maybe not. Silently he made his way around corners and up a ladder.

The only occupant there was staring at the cieling, mouth agape, leaning back over the back of his chair. A slash across his throat was all done pouring his life blood into the pool around the base of the chair. Chuy remembered the recovery of the girl, the poor broken girl, the sweet harmless little girl, and he smiled.

He had a quick glance over the controls of the vessel, noting position and drift, and relative distance. On another consol, it was the work of a moment to expose the wreckers' inventory of ill gotten gain.

Just then, gunshots rang out through the shared atmo of the vessels. A girlish scream shouted "Kynth!" a half dozen chambers away. Chuy dropped all of his stealthy ideas and turned to go. He raced away, down the ladder and back towards his new home. He didn't notice the flashing indicator or quiet noise of the display on the long range sensor console.

Incoming Target: Intercept course confirmed. the display said, and a tiny line drawing of something very like the Monarch, only different in several ways apeared in a window below. Another window displayed a bar graph in many yellow, red and orange tall bars.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Kris » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:05 pm

Lucille looked over at Sol after hearing "Lu. We need to move to a shuttle. Mav's meaner than sin and a total Wond Ba Duhn. So let's get moving." Not lowering her gun, she whispered back, "Right, they can handle themselves..."

She nodded towards the number one shuttle and walked as silently as she could over, kicking a body out of the way as she went. Looking back at Sol again, she bit her lip. "Any way to get this gorram door open silently?"

Tag-Sol
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby brawl » Thu May 01, 2008 12:14 pm

"Retreat," Andy hissed into his comm, glaring at the Monarch crew. "Retreat." He raised his pistol and let off a couple shots aimlessly. He rushed into the Fenris, looked back at Andi's body one last time, and sealed the hatch.

They would pay, he thought. They will pay.
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby Solomon James » Thu May 01, 2008 2:55 pm

"Any way to get this gorram door open silently?" Lu asked.

Sol thought for a moment before he asnwered, "Real slow and carefully."

He led the way to the shuttle door carefully, Andy yelling retreat and shooting his gun wildly.

"Well then. I think they're gone for now. Let's work on getting this ol' girl moving the hell away before he comes back and we all end up humped. Man seemed mighty mad."

Sol opened the door to the first shuttle and walked in. It was a part of this particular ship he hadn't explored and he was regretting it.

"Lu you work on seein' what damage there is, if any and I'll get to fixin' it."

Tag-Lu

Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Thu May 01, 2008 4:38 pm

(Speaking for Sam, with permission)

From the bridge area, the proximity alert began to ping through the ship. Although most of the screens were now disabled, that particular system had been one of the ones to regain power with the jerryrigging that Kynthia and Lu had managed.

Sam swung herself into Lu's seat, flicking switches and swearing loudly when the information she wanted didn't come up. She began to search through what few secondary systems that The Monarch had.

Her face grew still. And cold wrapped itself around her heart, as one system flickered into life. The screen showing the rough shape of the ship headed in their direction. Also showing the plume of radiation and burning gases trailing it.

"Captain!" she yelled. "We got something coming right at us. Unshielded! I'm guessin' we know what that means!"

TAG - All

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Thu May 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Chris continued to hold Ameri back the best he could as he tried to calm her down. "Ameri's not going to do us any good in this state and I don't even think the 3 of us could get Kynth fixed up like she could." He took a glance out to the cargo hold. "The girl's down...the one that got Kynthia. Ameri, if we get Kynthia up here, do you think you could patch her up?"

Ameri slowly, shakily nodded. "I think," she whispered.

Then Lu said something about getting into a shuttle, and they started heading that way. They didn't get too far before Sam's voice was heard over the intercom.

"Captain!" she yelled. "We got something coming right at us. Unshielded! I'm guessin' we know what that means!"

At the very same time, Ameri's face when ashen, and she let out a horrendous scream. The primal fear poured from her lips, and when she had no more breath, she collapsed, a sobbing mess. "We're going to die. Eat us, they want to eat us, to taste our flesh! Oh, make it stop!" she wailed, her arms clamped tightly over her head.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Saint » Thu May 01, 2008 9:38 pm

Mav was floored after he heard Ameri. It hit a lot harder when Selene was also on the floor, also clutching her head. "Daddy! Don't let them come... Please. They want to kill us."

He got on the horn. "Sol! Shut this ship down. Nobody leaves the ship until those savages leave! Kill the gorramn lights!"

Tag - Sol and Lu

He headed down the stairs to Kynthia as fast as he could. "Easy... No sudden moves, dear." He looked over to see Chuy back in. As he looked, he saw her trying to get away from Andi. It was almost like she was expecting the knife to the throat. "Shh, no. She's not alive, dear... C'mon. Let's get you patched up..."

tag - Kynthia.

He yelled over to the big man. "Chuy. We got Reavers. We're gonna shut 'er down and not make a noise. Help me get her up to the infirmary. We're gonna have to patch up a few cuts and a few minds..."

tag - Chuy
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Thu May 01, 2008 10:39 pm

Kynthia heard Maverick talking, but his words made no sense to her. She continued to pull herself away from Andi. Pushing against the floor with one leg, and pulling along with her arms, she wanted to get enough distance so she could just get one shot.. One. Before those knives came back. Blood smeared across the floor behind her as she crawled further away.

"Shh, no. She's not alive, dear... C'mon. Let's get you patched up..." Maverick reached her and touched her shoulder. She rolled, gritting her teeth against the extra pain. Her hands came up in an instinctive defensive gesture, expecting the swift sharp edge of a blade again.

Mav called over to Chuy. Kynthia relaxed even more hearing that he was there too. There was an odd little knot in her belly that freed itself up knowing that. “Chuy? That’s good then. Nice. Gonna make me one of your possets Chuy Lo? Make the hurt go?‘”

She blinked at Maverick. His other words taking that long to sink in. Taking a deep breath, she held up a hand for him to help her up, not realising that the blood and the whimpers that still escaped her lips gave away the injury. “Took your time Old Man.” She managed.

“Reavers? Help me up. Gotta get to the...” she paused as a sharp reminder from her back stopped her breath a moment. She dropped her hand, waves of sudden exhaustion overtaking her. She frowned a few times, looking more scared. Her head lolled backwards, almost hitting the floor, eyes glazing. “Stay awake gorram you. Bit more is all.” she muttered. Her head finally connected with the surface behind her. It felt nice to just rest. Shivers began to shake her body.

“Cold. Cold Maverick. An’ tired.” Somewhere in her mind, she knew she was going into shock. But truthfully? She just didn’t care.

TAG - Maverick
TAG - Chuy Lo

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Fri May 02, 2008 12:23 am

"We're going to die. Eat us, they want to eat us, to taste our flesh! Oh, make it stop!"

Chris kept a tight hold on Ameri as she screamed, even though the scream hurt his ears. Closing his eyes from the noise, he switched off all he could from where he was, all the lights he could get a hold of.

"Mav, Merry's throwing a fit up here!" Mav probably already knew this, but it might have been best for him to say something. "I don't know how to make it stop Merry." He was doing his best to stay calm but in all honesty, he was scared for his life right now, more than ever before. He was trying to keep himself from visably shaking with fear.

He got on the horn. "Sol! Shut this ship down. Nobody leaves the ship until those savages leave! Kill the gorramn lights!"

Lu heard this and stopped dead. Her eyes went wide and she rushed straight to the bridge, flipping switches to shut everything down. There wasn't exactly a lot to shut down, because most of the systems were shot right now. But she did keep the screen open that Sam had seen the reading on, but the bridge was now pitch black besides that.

She got over the comm, "Bridge shut down cept one screen Mav, I'm keeping it up til they get closer." Leaning back in her chair, she looked out at the black around them, it wasn't comforting really to see stars right now, since Lucille knew what was in them close by.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Galifestus » Fri May 02, 2008 9:53 am

Chuy Lo knelt down by his old friend and new associate. The pool of blood was not large, even including the smear from where she'd fallen. The blank unfocused eyes of the thin wrecker girl stared in his general direction, and a wan smile touched his ruined mouth.

He stared deep at the face of a girl he once knew, a woman he had gotten to know. He could see she was slipping into shock. Some part of him knew it would be a part of mercy to just let her go, but then there was a chance for greater joy, what with her blossoming relationship with their enigmatic captain.

He took hold of her head, looking deeply into the face he once knew and spoke softly, "Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from his son, the Lord Jesus Christ."

Not only did he mean every word of the quotation, but he hoped the conditioning attached to it would still have its benificient effects. He glanced up at Maverick. The old man was pretty well unscathed, but cut and stabbed with fury and worry. Chuy felt he looked much worse, with matted hair and clotting blood still a trickle down his cheek.

"Let's get her to a bed. Lift on three."

~tag Mav
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Solomon James » Fri May 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Mav got on the horn. "Sol! Shut this ship down. Nobody leaves the ship until those savages leave! Kill the gorramn lights!"

Sol sighed with a bit of anger and resentment in his breath. Certainly this had been a very bad day for him an his home.

He turned around to run towards the bridge with Lu but she was already at least 6 or 7 paces ahead of him. By the time he arrived to help out she was getting on the comm, "Bridge shut down cept one screen Mav, I'm keeping it up til they get closer."

Sol's mind tried to recap the events that took place that left them in this awful mess. It was snapshot memories of the day. Debris. Chuy Lo. Pirates. Space. Chuy Lo again. Ameri's shot. Kynthia stabbed. Reavers. Gorramed crazy Mei Yong Ma duh Tse Gu Yong reavers.

Sol looked into the screen, "In all my years I've never had to see, hear or smell a reaver. I don't look forward to them bein' so close but when we get out of this mess I think I'm going to ask the cap'n for raise." He looked at Lu and tried to force a smile. They needed all the cheerin' up they could get.

Tag-Lu

Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Quamie » Fri May 02, 2008 6:56 pm

Chris was holding her tightly, keeping her immobile. Ameri buried her head in his shoulder. Her mind was lost in a world of blackness, hunger, and lust. The primal force of the Reavers reached out to her across the Black, tugged at her very soul and turned her heart to ice. She was unable to move, unable to speak, and aware of nothing but the painful force of the wretched Reaver ship and the pressure around her, keeping her where she was.

She raised her head suddenly, her eyes staring blindly into space. Another scream ripped from her throat, a heavy breath in, and then another terrified scream.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch