Episode 3 - Reverberations In The Black

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Postby Tavey » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:08 pm

Kynthia looked around the lounge. It was in here somewhere. Not obvious. Now that there was getting ready type stuff to be done, she found herself nervous. Maybe she should have left it behind after all. She glanced at Maverick, hoping that it wasn’t obvious that she was looking for something. The one thing that might actually make him mad with her.

She caught sight of it, the edge of the barrel catching the light from where it had slid under one of the benches. She bit her bottom lip, trying to figure out how hard it would be to get it out.

Then turned away from her rifle. She walked out of the lounge and swung down the ladder to her cabin. She opened her weapons locker, taking out and loading her sawnoff, and a revolver. Buckling her holster and tying it around her leg, she snapped the sawnoff into place. While she was in the middle of getting ready, she heard a bump through the walls of her cabin. She placed her ear against the wall, trying to sort out the accident noise from the noises of the crew from the....

The Kynthia who returned to the lounge was silent, dressed for combat and moving as a soldier would. She snapped her fingers sharply to get their attention. Then pointed towards the cargo hold. “They’re in.” was all she said, in a quiet low voice. "And getting ready to take the cargo. One fell.

"I'm sorry." she said to Maverick, her clear green eyes meeting his directly. "I am so sorry." She knelt down and retrieved her rifle, checking it swiftly and loading it. As she stood, her body language shifted subtly with the feel of it in her hands. She even smiled slightly, taking a deep breath. Turning towards Maverick, she couldn't help but note the tenseness around his mouth.

TAG - Everyone.
TAG - Maverick

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:38 pm

Hearing Sol over the com made Lu shiver. Had this been a trap of some sort? Looking to Maverick, she heard what he had to say and was off like a light to go grab Sam from the lounge. "Sam, we gotta get our guns, and we ain't got a choice this time." Glancing to Chris, she took the guns she did have on her and handed them to him since he didn't have his own, "You take these, I got more, don't be afraid to shoot." She kissed him on the cheek lightly after getting an odd look on his face, "It's gonna be alright."

Getting Sam to come along, she ducked down into her room and dug around, grabbing guns and ammo. Finally feeling somewhat confident in at least having enough weaponry, she climbed the ladder back up and stood waiting for Sam.

Tag-Sam
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Galifestus » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:04 pm

Chuy stood with his captors around him, still dressed in the damaged suit, but without the helmet. His wrists were taped behind him. He looked at the airlock door before him, the internal cargo door of the Monarch, with its small oblong window showing a dimmed bay beyond, one flourescent light somewhere strobing from the lack of power.

For about the fourth time, one of the men around him slammed the but of his submachinegun into his ribcage, demanding, "Tell us the lock code, freakface!"

Chuy doubled over for the fourth time, coughing. He thought he felt a rib crack that time. It took his some moments to answer. "I told, you, son, I never learned it. I'm just a passenger on this crate."

Frustrated, the younger man slammed the barrel of the repeater across the prisoner's face. Lo hit the floor like a sack of flour, dazed beyond the ability to stand.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Solomon James » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:29 pm

The gang of low-life thugs that had Chuy bound stood in the airlock, beating him senseless, Sol half hid and half cowered at the other end of the cargo bay. They hadn't noticed him yet but he was afraid to make a move without drawing attention and getting Chuy shot and killed. Sol didn't know if he could handle Chuy dying twice in an evening.

He creeped along the floor slowly, still wearing his suit dragging his helmet behind him. Painstakingly he cralwed up the stairs in the cargo bay on his hands and knees. Droplets of sweat dripped from his face and splattered on the floor below.

He finally made his way up the stairs and put the helmet back on and lifted the face plate, "Mav, you listenin'?"

Tag-Mav

"They got Chuy Lo down here, he's alive... but he ain't well. Some folks got him in the airlock beatin' the flamin' go se out of him. I managed to sneak around without drawin' any attention I think, but I think we're going to have to have ourselves and bonafide shoot out down here. Somebody wanna bring me a gun or..." Sol paused, "or five."

Tag
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Quamie » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:24 am

Ameri had listened, trembling, while plans were made. And then the others began to scatter, grabbing guns and getting ready. While no one was paying attention to her, little Ameri slipped away.

It was no good to curl up and hide her face, much as she wanted to. Her feet led her to the infirmary, where she dosed up several syringes of fast-working sedative.

She followed the others to the cargo bay, wraithing along silently with her own ammunition. There on the catwalk, she took in the situation. Several thugs, and Chuy, in the air lock. The others were taking up positions around the cargo bay.

Ameri needed to be close with the sedative. She hid behind a stack of boxes near the cargobay doors, held her breath, and waited. Her home was being boarded.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Saint » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:39 am

He heard Sol's message. "I'm hearing you, Solomon. Lay low, dong ma?" His face had a look of intensity etched on it when he looked at Kynthia. "After we're done, and Chuy comes him. That gun is going away with those pieces of space trash out there. Preferably all of them out of an airlock and floating away..."

TAG - Sol and Kynthia.

He nodded over to Sam, who was loaded to the teeth. "Make sure you give them a hell of a welcome. When Sol gets cleared out, we're going to trip wire the damn place."

He looked over at Kynthia, "They're beating him for the access code to get him, I know it... We'll just let them into our little home. Too bad for them, however. Nobody is leaving in one piece."

TAG - All

=======

Meanwhile, on the Fenris. "Hey, you hear someth... Urk!" One of Andy Vaughn's gunmen drop to the ground suddenly.

A figure appeared in a light blue summer dress. "Time to thin out the number of idiots in the gene pool and get Uncle Chuy back..." Selene looked around and adjusted herself a bit. "Cleavage is good... These guys won't know what hit them."

TAG - Fenris Crew (And yes, Brawl. The little girl is a killer.)
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:55 am

“That gun is going away with those pieces of space trash out there. Preferably all of them out of an airlock and floating away..."

Head tilted slightly forward, eyes intent and direct, Kynthia answered him in a low almost menacing tone. “We’ll see Captain. Still got business with this piece.“ She stepped closer to him, near enough that she could feel the heat of his body through her clothes. “Important business Captain. You are not going to want to miss it.”

She pivoted away from him. His words stopped her, said in an equally direct tone. "They're beating him for the access code to get him, I know it... We'll just let them into our little home. Too bad for them, however. Nobody is leaving in one piece.”

Kynthia closed her eyes against the words. Maverick couldn’t know how much they hit true. It wasn’t the business that he thought they had. Chuy Lo was alive. And being beaten. Time for his little friend to destroy the folks that were hurting them.

After that. After she had saved someone with the gorram rifle, when it was purged. Then she could hand it over to Chuy and ask him nice like to take it away.

Kynthia resumed her silent walk over to the door leading to the cargo hold. She glanced back at Sam, indicating that she move through first. Carefully, slowly, Kynthia pulled the heavy door open, allowing Sam to slip through and following her. Together they moved in a low, predatory crouch across the upper catwalk of the Cargo Hold. The flickering of the lights masked their movement.

With one part of her mind, Kynthia noted that at least one of the three phases in the power was out. Ship was going to need some rewiring.

Once across to the other side, Kynthia waited for a few moments, watching as the rest of them crept into their places. It was hard. She could just see Chuy lying on the floor of the airlock. At Maverick’s nod, she slipped down the ramp and stairwell to the airlock control.

She waited until the lights cycled to full, counted to five, then hit the switch. By the time the door was open, they would have cycled back to a dim glow. As soon as the mechanism began to cycle, she rolled behind the stacks of cargo and smoothly slid away from the door. She took up position between some of the crates, knowing that one of the first things that would happen was that the folks had Chuy would start looking for whoever opened the door.

The very soon to be dead folks... she thought, Execution coming to the fore of her mind. You just didn’t go after one of the Brothers, and live. said her training.

TAG - everyone.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Making sure she was set, Lu followed everyone out to the cargo hold and walked as silently as she could to her position and knelt down, catching a glimpse of who was there as Kynthia opened the door. They had taken Chuy and were trying to take the Monarch. Not on my watch she thought to herself. She had put in to much with this ship to let it go to some guys who decided to camp out at a debris field just waiting on ships. They had no idea who they were dealing with when it came to this crew.

------------------------------

Chris hated having to take Lu's guns, but there was no choice. He had come to like Chuy Lo, even though they had only spoken once or twice. He was a good guy, and anyone who threatened a friend or this ship that he now called home would not make it out without dealing with the whole lot of them.

tag-anyone
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Saint » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:22 pm

Maverick stood on top of the catwalk in the darkened Cargo Bay. The dim lights had started to cycle back on, but he was hidden well enough where he could do what he wished. Mr. Pratt leaned against the rail with a rifle in his hand.

"Captain, this isn't an everyday thing, is it?"

Maverick looked over at the passenger with a squint on his face. "No, Mr. Pratt. However, take out the go se who's got Chuy and I'll take off two months of passage for you."

Pratt nodded, knowing that Mav wasn't joking right now. He looked through the green lighted scope at the people coming in.

Mav, held up his gun, and made sure the click of his hammer sounded out throughout the cargo bay. "Welcome to the Monarch... Where we usually shoot first and ask questions later, but I could give a go se about questions right now." He pulled his hat down tighter. "Let the shepherd go, and we might consider leaving you on your merry..."

TAG - Everyone

(Writing for Michael as Pratt on this one, until he gets freed up.)
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby brawl » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:13 pm

Andy cursed as he slipped into the hold. They knew they were here, and they were waiting. He stood still and listened after the Captain's warning. At least five in the hold.

"Andrea, the old man," he said. His sister dragged the hostage to him. He took him by the scruff of his neck and stood behind him.

"You want this old bastard?" he said. "I don't think so Cap'n. You see, me sister had a hell of a time catching him, and he's not worth the investment unless we make it away with a bit of the cargo." He clicked the hammer on his own pistol and held it to the hostage's head.

"I know you've got a tough crew on this boat," he said. "Not a one of them's tough enough to stop me from shooting him in the head before a single shot would hit me. Your ship's dead in the water. I don't think you're in a position to negotiate." He mentally assessed the situation. Justin, Gabe and Andi were with him, and the three mercs he'd picked up on their last drop were doing what he'd ordered them to do not long ago.

They were slipping into the ship through the shuttle docking clamps.

It never hurt to be too careful.

(OOC: Just a little wrinkle. A small one.)
~ Captain Michael S Tucker, CO, USS Ark Royal NCC-71331 ~
~ Lieutenant Michael Thornton, CENG, USS Pegasus ~
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby Galifestus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:20 pm

Chuy seemed to hang from the man's hand on his spacesuit's metal collar. His hair jutted out at odd angles from sweat and confinement, a gaping hole in the fabric at his chest showed how he'd been captured. He looked somehow at a loss for a moment as threats and promises were made. His eyes seemed to wander around the cargo bay independantly.

He seemed to mumble something like "They would none of my counsel;" he seemed to grow to his full heighth and lean back upon his captor's hand and gun. "...they despised all my reproof!"

His eyes focused. He grinned a slow grin, and then winked. Suddenly he dropped. Andrew wasn't caught completely by surprise, and the gun fired. A line of fire scored across the left side of his head. From his crouch, he was a blur of action. He caught the first leg that came to his hand, and pulled a man to the ground, bouncing his head off the deck. He swarmed up the man and pounded two clenched fists into his face, breaking Gabriel's nose and jaw, and knocking the man into long unconsiousness. He didn't wait to see his effects, hearing dozens of gunshots around him but continued crawling almost faster than a man could run. He didn't worry about where, he just scrambled.

He reached a dark corner and only then took in his surroundings.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:27 pm

(Speaking for Sam for the time being)

Sam nodded briefly at Maverick where he was hidden. Once the distinctive sound of his gun had echoed through the hold, she also readied hers.

Chuy Lu seemed to have a plan. He suddenly moved in a whirl of limbs.

There was the sound of a gunshot. Sam immediately reacted. She fired straight back at the one who had been holding Chuy.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Tavey » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:27 pm

Kynthia’s eyes almost gleamed in glee. For the first time in a while, she felt awake.

Chuy seemed to mumble something like "They would none of my counsel;" he seemed to grow to his full height and lean back upon his captor's hand and gun. "...they despised all my reproof.”

Something clicked inside Kynthia’s brain at the words. Her world shrank to the task at hand, hearing the fight as though from underwater. She crept forward, sneaking her head around one of the cargo boxes, just in time to hear a gunshot and see Chuy drop to the floor, blood vivid on his face. She rolled away from her position, heading back behind the crates. She ducked around the strapping that held them in place. An idea forming as she did so.

She pulled on the mechanism that tightened the straps once they were hooked into place. With a practiced twist, she released the tension on the strap. The crate shifted slightly. All it would take now was a good push with the feet and it might be able to take one of them out.

Risking popping her head around the other side of the crate to see what was happening, she caught the sight of Chuy’s leg disappearing into the corner where her old hidey hole was. At least he was safe. The relief caught Kynthia completely unawares. He was alive. She closed her eyes for a second. Then returned to her careful stalking around the edge of the cargo hold, to a better vantage point. Part of her noticed just how filthy the floor was back here. Time for a decent clean, once all was well.

Finally she ran out of cover. Ahead of her was one of the pirates, crouched down and firing over the top of a small stack of wooden boxes. Kynthia could see none of the others. She moved a little closer, stepping on something metallic on the floor. Probably a bolt of some kind, that rolled away under her foot. She grimaced as her balance shifted. Even in the middle of the roar of guns and shouting, the noise was enough to make the person in front of her stiffen.

Kynthia began to aim.

TAG - Pirate.
TAG - Anyone else.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:44 pm

The intruders tried to use Chuy as a hostage, but he got away from them. The intruder fired, and then a gunfight ensued. Ameri needed to be stealthy, but couldn't help crying out. The loud echoes hurt her head. She peeked out- Chuy had found a hiding spot.

She had to duck right back behind cover, though. As she whipped around, she found herself face to face with one of the pirates. After all- they needed cover too from the firefight. Her throat closed on her scream and she slammed the syringe she had in her hand into his arm, pressing the top to inject as she did so. The pirate's face went from grinning with hubris to filled with anger and shock in a moment, and Ameri dodged tensely out of the way. He dropped, his gun firing into the box as he fell.

Her breath raspy and far too loud, Ameri pressed herself against the box, shaking. She looked out the one side- nothing. She peeked out the other- also clear. But she was afraid, and the fear had tensed up her muscles. She was almost too afraid to breathe. She tried to get another syringe ready, to save her life again, to be prepared, but her fingers shook so hard she nearly lost the sedative multiple times. At last, she got it in, though she was far from ready. Maybe it had been a bad idea to be so close to the cargo bay doors, so close to the frontline of action. So close to the pirates.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Solomon James » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:29 pm

Sol heard Chuy from where he had found some cover. He whispered to himself, "Fools despise wisdom and instruction..."

Sol saw Chuy spring to action. The gunshots rang out and Sol ducked behind a crate for cover. He looked down from catwalk and he could clearly see the events going on below him. He saw Chuy's blood and winced. The poor man had been through enough.

Sol hid behind his crate again to reload his pistol as he turned back to look down from above he could see Kynthia moving in on another pirate.

Ameri had taken out a pirate with one of her syringes. She looked terrified as she prepared another syringe.

Sol could see another pirate running towards cover. Towards Ameri. His face went pale, Ameri was facing the wrong direction, she couldn't see him.

Sol broke his cover, "Ameri!" he shouted from the second floor, "Wei Shian Dohn Woo!*"

He didn't take the time to figure out if Ameri heard him and got out of the way. He fired his pistol twice. The first shot must've missed but the second one clearly hit the pirate in chest, on his right side.

"Ameri, quickly child, get him stuck and then KWAI chur hun-rien duh di gahng**."

Tag-Ameri

*-Dangerous person

**-Go far away very fast.
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Quamie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:34 pm

Sol could see another pirate running towards cover. Towards Ameri. His face went pale, Ameri was facing the wrong direction, she couldn't see him.

Sol broke his cover, "Ameri!" he shouted from the second floor, "Wei Shian Dohn Woo!*"

He didn't take the time to figure out if Ameri heard him and got out of the way. He fired his pistol twice. The first shot must've missed but the second one clearly hit the pirate in chest, on his right side.

Ameri's instincts were not those of a fighter's. She looked up, toward Sol, instead of for the incoming pirate. But when the shots rang out and a bullet whizzed near her head- she couldn't tell from where- she dropped to the floor. There was a thump, and she peeked out to see the fallen pirate, holding his wounded side and crawling for safety.

"Ameri, quickly child, get him stuck and then KWAI chur hun-rien duh di gahng**."

Ameri scrambled to him, her eyes like saucers as he lifted his gun, and then he was pointing it at her and she was almost there, terrified she was going to get shot. She did, as she ducked to plunge the injection into his leg. The bullet burrowed into her shoulder, sending fire all down her arms. She couldn't hear herself screaming as she dove back for cover. Nor did she realize she'd left her syringes behind in her haste to leave the vicinity of the wounded pirate.

It wasn't until she was behind a crate, tearing off fabric to stop the bleeding that she realized her mistake.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:12 pm

Kynthia heard a woman screaming. Her heart turned as she recognised Ameri's voice. She was too far away to be able to get there. She also knew that the Crew would be moving already to help her friend.

"Huh choo-shang tza-jiao duh tzang-huo, whoever made her scream is going to pay." she snarled at the woman in front of her, raising her gun. "Don't move. I ain't needin' many excuses dong ma?"

"Is she alright?!" Kynthia raised her voice, no longer caring that her position might be betrayed. "One of you answer me! I ain't learning much patience today."

TAG - Everyone.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:20 pm

Chris caught sight of Ameri ducking down behind something and saw blood coming from her shoulder. Not caring at all that he was supposed to be hiding, he ran from his cover and went as quick as he could down to her. Taking the fabric she had in her hand, he put a pressure on the wound. "You alright mei mei?" He knew she was not one who could fight against these men with guns and had done pretty well for herself up to this point.

"I've got her Kynthia! I'll try to get her outta here if I can."

Tag-Ameri & Kynthia

Lu heard a scream and turned to see Ameri with a shot through the shoulder. An evil look crossed her face and the one who shot her was lucky he was already down, else he would be riddled with bullets. Now she did not care about going after the men, hiding time was over. Taking aim at one that was right below her, she grinned, "Make any movements and your brains get splattered."

Tag-Pirate
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Galifestus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:14 pm

Chuy found himself in what could only be described as a smuggler's hold, only it was fitted out with a few of the most basic comforts. A very quick rummage brought to his hands a number of items, only three of which he valued in the current circs. The first was a sturdy knife with a solid eight inch blade. It was no kitchen knife but a weapon forged. The second was a small bar of concentrated rations wrapped in foil. The third was most welcome just this instant. It was a plastic half litre bottle with a wide screw on top, unlabeled, but full of moonlight.

A sip of this brought his mind further into focus. Any more would mess him up entirely and leave him useless for several hours. He tightened the lid again and replaced the bottle where he'd found it.

Shots were still ringing out and throughout the ship, sound contained in a closed system. Now and again there would be a pause as people changed positions or reload. Into one of these breaks Chuy roared, projecting his best preaching voice through the ductwork.

"Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure."
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Saint » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:45 am

Mav heard Ameri's screams and then he heard her sobbing, as Lu tried to get her away. "You... you huh choo-shung huh tza-jiao duh tzang-huo! You hurt one of my little girls! I hope you enjoyed your fahng-tzong fung-kwong duh jeh. Because, at first, I was going to show you mercy. Instead..." He pulled out the other gun and clicked the barrel.

Both guns were pointed at the Captain of the rogues. "All of you are going to die here. And just seeing that you don't have the brainpan to gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se... I'll just shoot you elsewhere."

He looked over at Lu, "Get her to the infirmary... DONG MA?!!"

TAG - Lu

He looked over at the rest of the crew still active. "You see, your quarry has eluded you, and we have the advantage. So, how do you wish to die."

TAG - Andy

"If you're still there, Kynthia... I'd not think about who to shoot. I'd go for the loopy one. Oh, and FANG-sheen. We have some idea of mercy..."

TAG - Kynthia
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Maverick’s voice rang out "If you're still there, Kynthia... I'd not think about who to shoot. I'd go for the loopy one. Oh, and FANG-sheen. We have some idea of mercy..."

Kynthia suddenly grinned.

“We can kill ‘em quick. That’s plenty merciful by my way of thinkin’, but how do I choose who’s loopy here?” She yelled back, by way of letting the Captain know that she was still alive.

She never really took her eyes off the one in front of her. At the slightest twitch, she intended to fire.

“Now.. what supplies are you carryin’?” she asked. “I need parts.”

Maverick was easing himself over to the right of the catwalk slowly. "So, answer this, folks. Which way is the cranky old man heading. Does anybody really know.?" slowly he glided down the steps. He knew that the folks were looking for his location.

He didn't take his point off of the man in charge, either. Any movement, and two guns would be fired in his direction.

"Stay with me, bao bey. Don't break the point..."

Kynthia smiled grimly at the pirate kneeling in front of her. "I ain't intending to let this one move Cap'n. Just wonderin' what they might have that'll get us moving."

Chuy began to bellow through the ducting of the cargo hold right around then. She relaxed a little more. He was alright. If he could quote the word, then he was alright.

“Made a mistake with us. We ain’t no pleasure boat.”

Again with the creeping and slow walking, Mav had slowly made it to the deck level. The two thugs didn't even hear a peep from him. "Good idea. Let's see how they can save us some time and money... Perhaps, the hunter is the hunted, and he doesn't know it."

He slowly put an hand right on the small of Kynthia's back, "Don't break it yet. It's just me..."
“Cap’n. I got me an intruder. Can I keep it?”

The warmth of his hand suddenly connected. She took a deep breath in. Her nerves feeling only that small patch on her back.

Her eyes narrowed as she realised who she was looking at. “This is the one that had Chuy originally. I saw into the airlock. I think she is the one who hurt him. Maybe I don’t want to keep it after all.”

Mav looked at the girl, who resembled a slightly rabid person. "Seems a little loopy. In fact, she's probably go the manners of a Reaver during feeding time..."

Mav held up his guns at the intruder. "Seems Chuy is safe for now. So, what to do now... Oh, what to do?"

As he asked that, he noticed his hand slowly and gently rubbing across her back. "If we leave her alive, she'd kill us. Especially after she sees the mess..."

“That ain’t being nice to Reavers Mav.” Kynthia seemed to be hovering on the edge of the coldness that was Execution again, but this time it meshed with her, rather than taking her over. “But you don’t hurt one of the brothers without payback.”

She moved a little closer to Maverick. Her back making an odd little shimmy against his hand.

Her gun never moving from it’s target, nor wavering. Even though the movement of his hand was making her nerves tingle along her spine.

"Good point, dear..." He saw the girl tense up a bit at seeing him. "That's right, follow the man with the black hat. Ignore what the others have to say, you want to kill us, don't you?"

He started to stop the hand, in order for Kynthia to concentrate on what to do. "She seems to want that, doesn't she?"

Almost without thinking Kynthia muttered “we all want something right now.” She shivered and shut that thought up quickly. Forcing herself to concentrate on what he was saying, rather than on what he was doing, she considered the woman in front of them.

“Seems like she’s almost desperate for an excuse to get movin’. See that gleam when you was talking ‘bout killing?”

Mav looked at the woman's eyes. "This is almost better than the sack for her, it seems..."

Subconsciously, he decided to lie on the ground beside her. "I'll give her a small target, even. See if she can get lucky enough to shoot me before I even get a bead on her.

He was looking up and laying beside Kynthia now. "Of course, I don't like her odds, do you..."

As Maverick moved beside her, Kynthia shivered again. “Her odds ain’t all that good. She’s got two of us to try an’ get with one move. Since one of us will surely be shootin’ her before while she’s tryin’ to get the other.”

She risked a quick glance at Maverick, who was intent on Andi in front of them. “Course, her trying to kill either of us while we’re here... like this.. well, that ain’t smart.”

She moved her leg to touch his as she spoke, wanting to feel him closer. “I don’t like folks who ain’t smart Cap’n.”

He turned and looked at the younger lady beside him. "Neither do I..."

Silently, he kept his gun trained on Andi and moved his head over gently to Kynthia's. "But I don't think she is very smart..."

Quietly, he sneaked in a long and deep kiss on his First Mate. And for the few seconds, it all stood still for him...

He kissed her. Unlike the last time they had kissed, this one was full of unspoken promises. Kynthia could barely breathe. She gave up all pretenses, all of the reservations, all of the fear that she would hurt him.

And returned the kiss wholeheartedly.

The woman in front of them shifted, getting ready to spring at them.

It was a mistake. Captain and First Mate heard the movement. “Later. Sir.” she whispered as she focused again on Andi.

He looked up at Andi and smiled. "Made you look..." He took a shot and nailed Ande on her gun hand, which helped to knock her gun out. "Your turn, bao bey..."

Kynthia also smiled at the look of shock etched on the face in front of her. “Damn, you’d think that they would learn Sir.” she said as she deliberately clipped Andi’s shoulder on the other side.

“Time for the big finish.”

Almost as if they had rehearsed it, both Maverick and Kynthia aimed and fired in unison. The last thing that Andi Vaughn saw was two determined pairs of eyes over the top of two barrels.

She was flung backwards, out of the shadows of the boxes she had been crouched behind. Her injuries telling more than mere words that she was either already dead, or so close that it made no difference.

Kynthia rolled until she was facing Maverick. “You sure pick your times don’t you?”

He looked over at Andi, who took off a shirt of sorts. "Damn, they're prepared..." He wrapped an arm around Kynthia. "Go se... Fall back."

Kynthia’s eyes widened. “Let’s go. Now.” Her voice was urgent. “If that’s what I think it is, we’re humped.” She began to yell “Fall Back! Move it Move it Move it! Chuy Lo, get yourself out of there NOW! Don’t pick anything up. GET MOVING!”

She turned and ran in a crouch for the ramps leading up to the upper levels, remembering that the doors on this level were mostly locked from the original crisis.

Mav picked up the rifle slowly and held Kynthia, as they ran up the steps. "Let's get Merry to the infirmary. And hope we don't have surprises on the way..."

He saw the men, except one, picking up the girl. "They're regrouping, and so should we."

Kynthia and Maverick ran for the door leading to the fore of the ship. They split at the top, each of them grabbing arms and people and literally pushing them through the door ahead of them. There would be time to deal with bruised egos once they were in safety. As Sam sprinted through, coming from the far side of the catwalk, Kynthia and Maverick following hard behind her. They pulled the door closed, firmly locking it.

Kynthia pulled Maverick firmly into her arms for a moment. Nose to nose she glared at him "Next time you want to kiss me. Do it somewhere other than the gorram cargo hold." she said, in a low laughing tone.

"Don't worry, dear..." He chuckled with her. "Let's see what our next move is... And I mean, in defending our home."

TAGS

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:44 pm

Chris looked up at Maverick's voice and holstered the guns and helped Ameri up. "Come on, let's get you out of this gun fight." He wrapped a gentle arm around her and started to lead her to the door.

It was then that he heard many gunshots behind him and ducked down. Looking back, it was Kynthia and Mav taking one of them out. Letting out a breath, he helped Ameri to the door. By the time they got there, they were being pulled out and he heard a door close behind him.

"Who's wantin' to help me get Ameri taken care of?" He asked as he continued on his way to the infirmary.

Tag-anyone

The pirate below Lu looked up at her and tightened his grip on his gun. "I said no movin'!" A grin crossed the man's face as he began to shift the gun slightly. A gunshot rang through the air and the man dropped, a shot straight through the forehead apparent.

Lowering her gun, she let out a sigh, "Told him not to move." She chuckled then felt someone yank at her arm. They were lucky her finger was slightly off the trigger of her gun, else it would have gone off again at the shock.

At the sound of a door closing, she looked around at everyone, glad to see Chris still with Ameri. Holstering her gun, she looked around at everyone. "Why'd we get pulled outta there so gorram fast? I was havin' fun."

Tag-Everyone
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Quamie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:47 pm

Chris was there, and helping her up. He had stopped the bleeding, but the sounds of gunfire still made her jump. His arm was around her, and he was ushering her firmly toward the door. Her teeth were chattering, and she shrieked occasionally, ducking instinctively when shots were fired.

Then they were out of the cargo bay and Chris was asking for help. Asking for help with her. Ameri could barely see straight, she was so afraid, but feeling she was a burden was just something she didn't want to bear. She tried to pull herself up, but gasped at the pain in her shoulder, and ended up just huddling up, shivering. Her eyes were unfocused- or focused elsewhere.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby brawl » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:47 am

Andy assessed the situation and cursed as the Monarch crew retreated from the hold. Gabe was dead. The idiot hadn't taken sufficient cover and was now riddled with bullets. Justin had been shot twice, once in the shoulder and a graze on his thigh. Andy himself had been lucky to only have been grazed across his chest. He hurried to Andi's side, and helped his sister up.

"Stupid," he said. "You have your blades, why didn't you use them little girl?"

"That's not sporty enough for me," she grumbled, rubbing her breasts where the shots would most likely cause bruises. Andy rolled his eyes.

"Justin," he growled. "Where's our damn mercs?"

"Finding out Cap'n," Justin said. He pulled out his radio, then began talking. Andy turned back to Andi.

"Your hand?"

"It's fine," she growled, wrapping the torn shirt around the injured hand.

"They can't get in the gorram ship Cap'n," Justin growled. Andy rolled his eyes.

"There should be a small airlock on top of the ship by the engine. Tell them to go there, and if they can't get in tell them they're as good as spaced." He looked back where the crew of the ship had ran. "Time to end this."
~ Captain Michael S Tucker, CO, USS Ark Royal NCC-71331 ~
~ Lieutenant Michael Thornton, CENG, USS Pegasus ~
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby Tavey » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:27 pm

If the crew had been able to see the outside of the Monarch from a distance, they would have been a lot more scared than they were. They would have been convinced that they were dead.

The gaping hole where the Firefly had been was highlighted by dull red-orange snakes of heated metal. Sparks trailed behind them. Lights flickered fitfully within the holes in the lower decks. One of the maneuvering engines had a large circular dent in it that was preventing it from fully rotating.

At least there was no obvious atmo loss anymore.

Parasitic, The Fenris clung to the side of the ship.

The debris field was some distance away by now. The original collision had provided enough inertia to push them away. Trouble was, they were spinning towards the edge of occupied space not into the inner planets.

And that meant they were out of control, and headed into Reaver Territory.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch