Episode 2: The Forgotten Browncoat

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Postby Solomon James » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Sol looked at the two men fighting. For the first time in a long time Sol felt fear for his life, he knew there was no way his tired old body could go one-on-one with Hauser or Maverick.

Sol eyed Sam, "Hello Miss; name's Sol James, pleasure to meet you. Circumstances notwithstanding. If you got folks you want to get out of here I suggest we move quickly, I'd hate to think that when we got back to the ship it was blown to hell."

TAG - Sam
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Quamie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:05 pm

Ameri held on tight as Lu took off and began evasive maneuvers. They were being chased, though she didn't know how many there were. Praying, pleading, for Lu's skills to be enough, Ameri held tight to beat G-forces, helping her patient keep from being thrown off the table, as well. Adrenaline coursed through her, her face paling, and she squeezed her light hazel eyes shut.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:23 am

The fight was brutal. Hatred that had built over the years boiled up and was felt through the thudding blows from fists and feet. The room was silent, save for the sounds of the brothers killing each other, one venomous fist as a time. They grunted, swore, dragged breath into laboring lungs.

Maverick began to subtly favour the side where he had been shot, an advantage that Hauser exploited immediately. Blood seeped through Mavericks shirt as the stitches began to open. He groaned in pain, struggling to keep enough breath in him to finish this fight.

Samuel eventually pinned Maverick against a wall by simply leaning on the wounded side and pulled out a gun. “I’m going to like this.” he gloated. “The light will go out of your eyes big brother, and the last thing you will ever see will be me, enjoying. Then I’m gonna kill all of your friends, slowly. They’ll die screaming for vengeance against you. I’m even going to kill your baby.”

He grabbed a fist full of Maverick's hair and used it to keep his head in place. Then placed the gun against a temple. "Right here I think. It's time to die." He hissed.

Just then, Kynthia stepped out from the cell, pushing past Chuy and Solomon without a word. Her mind wrapped up so completely in her past by now, that the earthy First Mate was no longer obvious. She glanced at her shipmates, not a hint of recognition crossing her calm face.

She aimed, somewhat casually, and fired into Hausers leg. The bullet ripped into his thigh. He spun, losing grip of his gun, and landed on the floor. Blood arced across the bodies and faces of the silent watchers.

“Wouldn’t try going for that If’n I were you.” She said, her voice sounding completely different. When Hauser tried to reach for the fallen weapon anyway, she fired a round into his hand. “Told you not to. Didn’t y’all hear me tell him not to try?” She demanded, glancing at the men and women watching with various degrees of shock and confusion writ large on their faces.

Clutching his injured hand to his chest, he stared at her walking towards him. “Think this will stop me?” he sneered, forcing himself to move.

“Nope. Wasn’t thinking that it would.” She replied, firing into his stomach. “But holes in the gut have a habit of stopping folks cold, that one there’s for Lucille Adams. Not that you’d know the name, but you took something from her, something she ain’t ever forgiven you for. She asked me nice like to kick you. But I ain’t that nice.”

TAG Chris

He stared at her, blood welling between his fingers where he clutched the wound in his stomach. “Who are you?” He panted, his voice heavy with pain and fear.

She stopped, tilted her head a little and smiled. A cold smile made all the more terrible by the fact that she was weeping at the same time.

“Colonel Samuel Armstrong. You have been tried and found guilty of crimes against the people. Your sentence is death. As for me, well, I’m Execution.” She raised the rifle with the deep groove along the barrel glinting in the strip lights overhead. A single round, between the eyes, and the Scourge of Shadow was no more.

Stepping back, she waited until his body had stopped twitching. Then turned and for a long moment stared at the other Armstrong Brother, not seeing him as the man she knew, the man she maybe loved, but as the monster he had been. Her fingers tightened on the rifle she carried.

She began to shift her stance into a classic firing squad pose. To raise her gun. “Colonel Saul Armstrong, you have been tried and found guilty...” she began.

TAG - hey, anyone want to help Kynthia out here?

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:08 pm

Chuy saw what was happening. The woman Kynthia was living a nightmare of her past, refighting a battle nine years past. He did nothing to interfere when she calmly, coldly mutilated and executed Hauser. Then she turned toward the other brother, who looked at her with acceptance and calm in his eyes, though he breathed in painful gasps as he leaned against the wall.

Chuy hurried forward till he was right alongside the Independants' finest sniper. "Now is not the time to finish this one. Bring him in instead. Transport's waiting on us. Once we have him, the council can get a lot of good out of him."

He wondered if he needed to say more, or something else. He was sure if she slipped back to the present, none of his wheedling would be necessary, but what if her whole past came back. Would she be unable to forgive what she knew?

~tag~
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Saint » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Maverick looked at the group at large. "Nine years ago, I was an Alliance officer. I will not lie to any of you. Yet, I betrayed the Alliance to save a battalion of men who were about to be killed by the very man executed today."

He gasped as he moved to Kynthia. He was in a lot of pain from his wounds. As he looked at the woman with the rifle, his necklace fell out from his torn shirt. "Do what you must, soldier. I've paid for my sins. I leave with no regrets. Just make sure you don't miss..."

He pulled himself even closer to her and pulled the rifle to him. "Or have you forgotten who you have become now, Kynthia?"

-tag-
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:08 pm

Chuy hurried forward till he was right alongside the Independents' finest sniper. "Now is not the time to finish this one. Bring him in instead. Transport's waiting on us. Once we have him, the council can get a lot of good out of him."

Execution nodded sharply. “Right. Prep him for transport. I can finish this later.” Turning her head towards Chuy, it took much longer for her eyes to leave Maverick. When she finally was able to tear her gaze away and look at Chuy, the anguish of the internal fight between Execution and Kynthia was clear.

“Preacher.” she whispered. “Help me. I ain’t wantin’ this.” Her voice broke a little at the end.

TAG Chuy

Maverick gasped as he moved to Kynthia. The sound snapped her back to the past. Her head whipped round towards him. His movement jarred loose the necklace she had given him. "Do what you must, soldier. I've paid for my sins. I leave with no regrets. Just make sure you don't miss..."

He pulled himself even closer to her and pulled the rifle to him. "Or have you forgotten who you have become now, Kynthia?"

“Who’s Kynthia?” She cruelly jabbed his chest. “Some doxy of yours? She need killin’ too?”

Her finger began to tighten on the trigger. Maverick just looked right into her eyes and waited. His breathing shallow and rapid.

The piece of glass on the necklace moved with his chest, catching the overhead light and reflecting it back. She squinted against the dazzle. Then froze. Slowly she looked up into Maverick’s eyes. Although she stared into them for only a moment, it felt like an eternity.

He could literally see as Kynthia came back to the fore. She raised fingers to her lips, feeling again the stolen kiss from the cargo hold earlier that day. Her body began to shake, the rifle braced against his chest slipping slightly.

Then her face scrunched into a tight grimace as the door on her past slammed shut in her mind again. She stumbled backwards, almost tripping on Hauser’s body.

“Tian xiz shou you de ren dou gai si! That hurts!” she swore, clutching her head with one hand. Taking a deep breath, she stood up, then stared in puzzlement at Maverick.
“What in the layers of hell are you doin’ crazy old man? You gonna get yerself a case of dead afore I get a chance to kill you for bein’ here all hurt the way you are.”

She glanced around at the rest of them, silent and watching. Then threw her rifle to Chuy so she could catch Maverick before he fell. She held him against her tightly, only partly understanding why he was stiff in her arms.

She whispered to him then, low enough that the others couldn’t hear. “I forgot me, but not you Mav. I’d never forget you.”

She raised her head and voice then. “Did we get Sam? Can we go home?”

TAG All

Edited for spelling and a couple of corrections

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Solomon James » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:45 pm

She raised her head and voice then. “Did we get Sam? Ready to go home?”

Sol smiled a little, the confusion of what just happened seemed to sink in but he seemed to care a little less than he normally would've, "I reckon home's a good idea. I hope it's still in once piece. I don't much like bein' away from my engine with all this mess going on."

Sol walked up to Hauser's body and looked down at him. He noticed one of his pockets had a familiar buldge. He leaned over and reached into for a second and pulled out a single cigarette.

"Mind if I bum one of these?" he said lighting the cigarette and inhaling deeply. "Well, I feel better."

TAG-Team
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:35 pm

Chris had been close to shooting Hauser when the gun was pointed at Maverick, but was beaten to it by Kynthia, who did not look like the person he had seen just a little bit ago. But as she was shooting him in the stomach, she had said something that made him stop dead in his tracks, and drop the gun he had been holding.

“But holes in the gut have a habit of stopping folks cold, that one there’s for Lucille Adams. Not that you’d know the name, but you took something from her, something she ain’t ever forgiven you for. She asked me nice like to kick you. But I ain’t that nice.”

It couldn't be...Sam had said something about it too. Lucille...

He hadn't realized it, but he had fallen to a sitting position in the middle of everything. Sam had been telling the truth, Lucy was part of their crew...and had told Kynthia to do something to avenge him...

Once everything had stopped and everyone seemed calmer, he looked over at Maverick and Kynthia. "The...the Lucille Adams you said something about...I think the thing that was taken from her...was me..."

Tag-Mav and Kynthia
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Sam Crerar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:53 pm

After Goro's death, Sam hadn't really paid much attention to what was happening. Maybe it was because of the torture and how her mind hadn't yet recovered, or maybe it was the sight of a friend long thought dead now lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood. She didn't know, she didn't care, she remembered the battles she had fought with him, and the arguments she had with him.

Then she heard shots and looked up. What she saw, she wished she hadn't. Well, okay, she did kinda get some...a lot...of perverse vengeful glee out of watching Hauser die. It was Kynthia wanting to kill Mav that she didn't want to see. And to hear his admission, his admission of guilt, of being Alliance. It twisted her gut into knots as anger and hurt swelled up. How could he have been Alliance?

She wasn't sure she wanted to go home now. Wasn't sure she could go back to the Monarch knowing what Mav was. Knowing he was Saul Armstrong. Still, maybe...he had changed, hadn't he? A little? Or... after that shot in the chest and him collapsing, maybe she wouldn't have to deal with forgiveness after all.

With the adrenaline mostly gone, now, she tried to take a step forward, but ended up catching herself on one of the rescuers. Sol, or something like that. The smoker. "I say...I say we go home...after we take care of a bit o' business. Brown coats, lots of 'em, need rescuin'. Ain't gonna leave 'em behind."
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Solomon James » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Sam caught herself on Sol, "I say...I say we go home...after we take care of a bit o' business. Brown coats, lots of 'em, need rescuin'. Ain't gonna leave 'em behind."

"I hardily concur miss." Sol took another drag of his cigarette and blew a puff of smoke into the air.

She leaned on Sol and he could see in her eyes what she must've had to endured on this godforsaken place. "I think it's time we get you and the cap'n back home so Ameri can take a look at you."

Sol started back the way they came helping Sam walk with him.
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Sam Crerar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:44 pm

"I think it's time we get you and the cap'n back home so Ameri can take a look at you."

Sam set her jaw, looking over to Sol. "Did you not hear me? We got people we gotta get out. People on death row, 'cause...'cause of me. Gotta get 'em out, good people..." Sam tried to straighten herself. "Grab Goro...I ain't leavin' without him either. That kuang-ren deserves more than being left here like a pile of luh-suh." Her voice was quiet and raspy, but she had a firm tone.
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Saint » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:32 am

Maverick helped himself up from Kynthia. "Get every prison transporter or heavy carrier you can find. Get those men out. They're probably waiting on word from the now deceased warden." He tried to walk and looked at Sam. "You may not like me, but the war is over. If I had it my way, I would've went for the Council the next time around... However, hindsight is a gorramned thing. Get the men armed and to the Mile..."

TAG - Sam

In that instant, Selene looked up at him and recognized something in the old man. A fractured memory from a lost childhood. "Da... Daddy?"

Maverick looked at her. "Say wha? Girl... My daughter died... 11 yea... Wait... you can't be. Jessica's dead."

"No, I'm alive, Daddy." She went to him with all she had left. "I hid for days. Hauser tricked me and..." As she remembered everything, she started sobbing.

"He tricked a whole lot of people, Jessica. Including me." He hugged his young daughter. This was his daughter, he knew it. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you again. The Devil is on the ground. Dead. I intend to leave him here in his funhouse..."

"Daddy, you mean..."

He looked over at Chris. "Mr. Rapson. Kill this gorramned moon! Use what you can!"

TAG - Chris

He put a hand on Kynthia's shoulder. "Hold it together, bao bey. We need to get your compatriots out of here. Gotta kill a few more idiots to get them out. Dong ma?"

TAG - Kynthia

As he finished, he got on a comm with Lu, "Lu, get down here. The Warden is dead, and please tell any playmates that you've gotten that, too."

TAG - Lu

The little girl saw the people all around her. "Uncle Chuy!" She gripped his hand, "Does this mean, we all can go home again?

TAG - Chuy

"Maybe Uncle Sol can teach me how to work on the engines again?!!"

TAG - Sol

As he saw a group of Browncoats gather around Goro. Mav stood up straight and saluted. "As soon as the Monarch touches down, he's going home. He deserves that and a lot more."

TAG - All
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Kris » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:53 am

Chris heard what Maverick was saying and started to look around for anything and everything that could help him. "If you really want this place gone...I can pull it off, but we'd need to get your ship clear before we'd be able to set it off. I plan on blowing this gorramed place to the smallest bits that I can and not leaving anything behind."

He kept gathering things and setting up his explosion. He planned on setting it up right near Hauser's body. That man had taken something from him, and although all this seems to have brought it back, he was determined to make sure that man was good and dead and could never be brought back again.

---------------------------------

Lu heard something over the comm and smiled. "Copy that Mav, and actually they heard. The instant I knew it was you on the comm, I patched you through my tap into their communications. They know, and they seem to be backing off, I'll be there in about 5, make sure you guys are ready to go."

Tag-Everyone, make sure you guys are ready!

---------------

Chris stopped for a second hearing a familiar voice over the comm. He glanced over at Maverick and now knew he had to get everyone out of here. He worked as hard as he could, setting the explosion. After a bit, he stood up and looked around. "I've got this set, just need to light the fuse. The most I can give us is 10 minutes after I light it, but that's it. Lighting it needs to be the last thing I do before I get out of here." He seemed more confident than ever now. The last 9 years had pulled a lot out of him, but in hearing one voice, it all came back.
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:33 am

Kynthia nodded at Mavericks words. "Do I need my gun?" she asked quietly. He looked at her, not really understanding.

"I ain't really understanding, but something is finished here. I ain't needing to carry it no more."

She stepped over to Chuy, putting a hand out silently for the rifle. Just as solemnly he handed it to her. The young woman at his side scowling at her furiously.

Kynthia walked over to Hauser's body. She watched Chris setting up. Looking at Maverick she grinned. "Looks like this is the place for this thing to rest as well."

Kneeling beside the body, she set the rifle down beside him. after a moment of personal silence, she stood.

"Right," Pointing at the Browncoats without anything to do." You and you. You're on body detail for this fine Browncoat here. Sam, I need you to put it away for now. It's in the past my friend, and he came here knowing there was a good chance he would die so's he could bring you home. Don't you forget that."

When she had everything arranged for her satisfaction she called to Maverick, who had his arms around his daughter. "Hey, Pops, we're ready to be movin' here. Let's get your girl home and safe."

TAG Maverick, Sam, Selene

Turning she stood next to Chuy. "Uncle?" she whispered with a grin. "Your big mysteriousness is vanishin' fast you know."

TAG Chuy

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Galifestus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:00 pm

Chuy reaached out a hand and gently ruffled the hair of one of the most lethal women in the system, smiling broadly. Then his face turned serious as he looked to Maverick and the others.

"I'd like to point out a couple of things, here, before you go blowing this whole facility up. First is your enemy lies here dead at your feet and you don't need to defeat him any more than that. Second is that most of these men in purple were boys when the war was over; just guys trying to make a living and do a job. It ain't fitting to kill men for doing their jobs; not anymore."

He looked over the lot of them with hard eyes.

"You decide what you really want to do, but if you destroy this little world to spite a dead man, I may as well stay here."

~tag~
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Saint » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Maverick nodded to Chuy. "I didn't say I was leaving them here, Chuy. I'm going to let them escape from here. Kowlan isn't too far from here." With a bit of labored breathing, he continued. "No more people should die here. I don't see many headed to us in defense of this dead man on the ground. We've lost too many good men."

"But I see it your way, Chuy... You're right, as usual. To kill a world to spite a man, isn't worth it. I almost forgot that day years ago. When Shadow died." He looked over at Chris. "Make that stuff inert, boy... We've all done enough today. Let's get the Browncoats out of here. Load them up and get out of here. Whatever comes, comes..."

TAG - Chris and Chuy

"The war ended nine years ago. And I've got eleven years to catch up on time..." He patted Chuy on the shoulder. "Even though he was reprehensible in life, even Samuel deserves a last rite. As with John, he does deserve the respect given to all who have passed on. It's up to God to judge him now."

"To the Mile, dong ma?!!" He started walking to Death Row, almost unhindered. "We have boys who need to go home."

TAG - All
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Kris » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:29 pm

Chris sighed and scattered his set up so it couldn't be used. Then he stood up and watched Maverick walking away and went to catch up to him. True, he did feel a little odd walking with a man who 9 years ago was fighting against him, but right now it didn't matter.

"Hey, don't matter to me who you fought for back in the war, you're here, savin' us. That's all any of us could ask for. And..." He glanced back at where Hauser's body laid, "sorry bout your brother. I know there was no way to turn him 'round. But now, you've done enough, let us get the rest of the browncoats, you need to sit and not open up that wound anymore."

He patted Maverick on the shouler. "Go on, we've got it, shouldn't take to long."

Tag-Maverick and anyone coming to help get the rest

--------------------------

It wasn't long before Lu was back where she had left everyone off. She then got over the comm. "Mav, we're here. The ships gave up, seems they don't know what to do without the one in charge. So we shouldn't have no trouble getting all you out of there. I'll make sure Ameri is ready for anyone whose been hurt."

She now got over the ship's comm. "Ameri, make sure you are ready for anything the other's bring on board, who knows who was hurt down there. But we aren't bein' chased anymore so you don't have to be afraid ok?"

Tag-Ameri (and Mav again ;) )
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Solomon James » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:47 pm

"Maybe Uncle Sol can teach me how to work on the engines again?!!"

"Well I'll be a go tsao de duh sh tyen tsai." Sol said smiling.

He heard Maverick talking as he looked at the girl, "To the Mile, dong ma?!!" He started walking to Death Row, almost unhindered. "We have boys who need to go home."

Sol frowned a little as he took his last drag from his smoke and threw the butt behind him. He wanted to be off of this rock, prisons made him feel captured whether he was behind the bars or not but Mav and Sam were right. These men deserve freedom and goro deserved a repsectable ending, he was a good man.

Sol started following Maverick to the Mile.
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:12 am

Listening to Chuy and Maverick change the plans, Kynthia made a hard decision. She waited until most of the crew had moved out and that both Goro and Hauser had been carried away.

Then picked up the rifle again. She slung it over her shoulder, catching Chuy watching her as she did. "Can't leave it. 'Tis one thing for it to go up in flames. Another for it lie around waitin'. So it's comin' with me until I find the right place for it to die."

She called the ship. "Lu, let Ameri know that we have wounded. Mav's one of them, chest has opened up again, an' he's been beaten. Sam is comin' home. Hurt bad. I ain't sure how bad. Two dead, one looks like Mav, but ain't. Be there soon."

She walked behind the group on the way to the ship. Thinking.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:16 am

Lu heard Kynthia over the comm and sighed. "Ameri, its confirmed, we are gonna have wounded coming in, one is the Captain and his chest wound again, one is Sam. Not sure of anyone else. Also some killed comin'. Be ready for anything."

Tag-Ameri

Then she got back on the comm to Kynthia. "I'm landed, just waitin' for all you guys to come and get on board. Just give the word and I'll open the doors. I'm heading down there now to wait on ya."

Tag-Kynthia
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Quamie » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:37 am

She now got over the ship's comm. "Ameri, make sure you are ready for anything the other's bring on board, who knows who was hurt down there. But we aren't bein' chased anymore so you don't have to be afraid ok?"

"Okay," Ameri replied meekly. She began setting out tools and antibiotics and anti inflammatories, getting supplies in easy reach so she could treat incoming wounded.

She looked over at the passenger, who seemed to have fallen asleep. There was only one bed and one cot in the infirmary, the room not being big enough for more beds. Since he was mostly out of harm's way, she needed to move him to the adjacent lounge, leaving room for the more wounded.

Lu's voice came back over the comm. "Ameri, its confirmed, we are gonna have wounded coming in, one is the Captain and his chest wound again, one is Sam. Not sure of anyone else. Also some killed comin'. Be ready for anything."

"I will be," Ameri replied. "I need your help down here for a moment."

tag- Lu

When Lu arrived, Ameri gestured to the bed. "I think he's sleeping, but he's recovering. I need help to move him to the lounge there, where we can make him comfortable. I'll need the cot and bed for Maverick and Sam, and who knows who else."

tag- Lu
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:56 am

Lu nodded to herself and put the ship in auto and went down to the infirmery. After listening to Ameri, she grinned slightly. "Alright, that sounds like a plan. Let's just hope that we can both lift him." And with that, she helped Ameri lift him out to the lounge.

Tag-Ameri

--------------------------

Chris walked along and helped get all the Browncoats out and ready to make it to the ships. "Now everyone, remember, get away from here and don't look back. There is nothing but bad memories here. Remember that."

Chris then went back to make sure his original group was ready to go.

Tag-Group
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Saint » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:33 am

As Chris moved the 'Coats to their ships. Chuy and the other men moved John Goro to the Monarch to a waiting Ameri and Lu. Solomon helped Sam to the infirmary slowly. As Maverick looked around at the scene, he remembered in his mind the events from an hour ago.

"She was going to kill me..." He breathed in a bit more. "She couldn't... No." Then he felt himself falling over. "Gorramn it..."

Selene saw her father fall over. "Daddy... Daddy... Miss. Help me!" Kynthia went to help him up. "He's not breathing right..."

Both women helped Maverick as best they could. After getting to the ship, Sol and Chuy helped him into the infirmary. Ameri prepped her patients as best as she could... With a slow ascent, all crew were on board. With a green light to take off, Lu started her burn into the atmo.

While the pilot was looking over her instruments, a familiar voice called to her... "Lucille?"

TAG - All

(One last post from everyone before our lovely and kind XO locks it down and starts the new one.)
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Galifestus » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:10 pm

(Lovely I'll buy, but kind? Dude, she was fixin to shoot you! ;) )

Chuy saw that all the men and women who could were crowded into the cargo bay, lounge, mess hall and spare rooms as others saw to their duty stations. Maverick had gone down eventually, but with his daughter new found and all his adoptees about him, Chuy had no fear for the old soldier. Finally he went to the great bay doors and looked out once again on the deserted, dark little moon. A few hours would see a brilliant dawn as it slid from the shadow of its gaseous primary, but the Monarch would be long gone. He could see several other transports making their lifts. In another place, the two gunboats sat where they had landed, purple and blue clad soldiers milling around, trying to get reorganized without orders from a high ranking officer. He closed the doors then and made another tour of his charges.
~Mike Heywood~
~Fess~
Galifestus
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Tavey » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Kynthia made sure that Maverick was tucked in at the infirmary. Giving Ameri a hug, she reassured her that all was well. “All safe at home. An’ look, Maverick’s little girl is here too. I have to get this ship off to St Albans, where we can say goodbye properly to the lost.”

She moved through the ship, checking on all of the passengers and making sure they had enough fuel to get them to their destination, or at least to a planet en route where they could refuel. They were carrying a lot more weight than they had planned on.

Everywhere she looked, ex-prisoners were adjusting to freedom again. The ship was crowded. Somehow it felt just right. Smiling softly, she made sure that the spare provisions were broken out and organized a kitchen roster. Big adventures were wonderful when you had a full belly.

Sending Solomon to go and find something in the cargo hold, she also made sure that her rifle was tucked away in it’s hiding space again. There would be time to destroy it, when it was only The Monarch Crew on board. By the time he had come back, she was in the middle of figuring out how to get the most out of the fuel they had. She briefly hugged the surprised old soldier before leaving the engine room. “Thank you. You helped a lot in gettin’ our family back together.”

She openly laughed at the stunned look on Lu’s face when she poked her head into the Bridge. She was both looking and not staring at Chris. “Hey, when you got a moment, head towards St Albans. Then take some time. I can take watch for a while. Show him around.” She nodded towards Chris, noting how he had come to stand between her and Lu.

"I'll come back later Lu. Just going to see the Cap'n."

She waved to Chuy while he was talking to a group of the browncoats. There was a lot of confusion about how long the war had been over for most of them. The Preacher had his hands full as they came in waves for reassurance. Wishing there were more options to help him, she headed back to the infirmary.

As the ship smoothly swung around and began the burn to St Albans, she sat with Maverick. She bent forward to pop a brief kiss on his forehead, hesitating at his slight flinch. “Hey,” she said brightly, hiding the hurt. “You did good. All home and right. I got the ship okay, so sleep and get well. Gonna be needing you soon enough to say words for your brother come buryin’ time. I’ll put Selene in your cabin for now if that’s alright with you. She’s beautiful Maverick.” and terrifying on so many levels. She moved like a giant cat, had the kind of muscles that meant she was trained in lots of things that nice girls oughtn’t be. And on top of all that, she was his little girl, come back from the dead. Terrifying wasn't really a strong enough word for it.

She smiled gently at him. “Get well old man. You and me, we got some unfinished business to be takin’ care of.”

Walking back through the quieting ship, Kynthia couldn’t help notice how some of the crew and visitors tended to shy away from her. Something had happened. She wondered if it had anything to do with the pervasive headache she had. Reaching the bridge, and some space, she gestured to Lu and Chris.

“Get out of here. I’ll yell if I need anything.” Settling down in the pilots chair, she watched the Verse go by and wondered what was going on.

(oh and raspberries to you Chuy.... I'm as kind as the oh-shoot-me now captain lets me be..*grin*)

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch