Episode 2: The Forgotten Browncoat

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Episode 2: The Forgotten Browncoat

Postby Sam Crerar » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:09 pm

A light was shining over Sam. All she could hear was footsteps coming to her table. "So, Corporal Samantha Crerar. So nice of you to wait for me. Wait... You can't leave." She sees a cruel woman staring at her face now. "Sam, I take it. These charges are quite heavy. No way you can exactly get out of this."

"I've never been to Canton!" She protested again, like at the showdown. Still, while she was sitting here, her mind was more focused on Maverick and what had happened to him. That and how she'd been arrested and he hadn't, surely he also had a few warrants out on him. They'd had him dead to rights.

A hard slap came across Sam's face, as she was bound by reinforced handcuffs, and not able to get out of her seat. "You're wasting my time, Browncoat... What are you doing with a motley crew like the Monarch? You're a bit more reputable than that." She looked intently. "Yet, you're a mere gun for hire. Hence the Canton charges..."

Sam grimaced, but looked ahead. "Hard to get an Alliance approved job with a prison record, much less with a record as an Independent. Gun for hire is easy, pay is good, and the crew's better than dealing with purplebellies who are nothing more than Ben-tian-sheng-de-yi-dui-rou." Although Sam's face was impassive, her mind was racing from one end of the spectrum to the other. She'd never been on Canton, she didn't know it from Sihnon, except that it was full of slaves, slaves her parents were responsible for. Had they gotten the wrong family member? And to be back in one of these chairs again, just like during the war. Except without a gut wound.

With no expression, "Your fault for joining the wrong side, lady. You Independents think you know what's good for you. The Alliance would provide for you backwards people." Her face was beautiful, but empty to the look. "And we have to clean up your messes, Browncoat."

"Losing side, not wrong. The Miranda wave proved that, and now with Hera, you'll be watching your entire pathetic empire crumble into nothing." Sam replied before spitting at the woman.

She wiped the spit off of her face and gave her the hardest backhand. "Harlot..." She removed her gloves to show battle scarred hands. "I shot better people in battle, including that excuse of a soldier you call a Captain."

Sam closed her eyes a minute as she waited for the pain to subside. "Really? With strength like that, I'm surprised you can even pull a trigger."

"You little piece of niou-se... I've broken bigger people than you. I could even snap your neck right here and now." She pulled her hair down for a second. Sam could see something attached at her neck. Perhaps, a stimpack? "But the powers that be, in their wisdom, want you alive. To rot with the rest of the Browncoat relics."

Sam barked a bitter laugh, "Little puppet finding herself impotent due to the powers that be? I got out once, I can get out again."

This time a hard punch came to her right side. "I'm sorry, did I ruin your pretty face. Not like I could ruin much." Then a remote came out. "Time to scramble your brain..."

Sam went white when she saw the remote, and her complexion contrasted with the blood from her now broken lip.

A man in a black overcoat came in, "Enough, 41! All you'll get from this one is contempt until her dying breath. Go."

The Agent looked at him unemotional. "Go, or I'll slit your throat, Agent 41. That's a guarantee." She walked out slowly not looking back, and the door slammed hard.

"Ta ma de hun dan, she doesn't even warrant getting a name?"

"She's a killing machine, Corporal. I'm known as the Baron of Gore. I'm a friend of Mav's."

"Friend? What?"

He looked at her. "Your objective is to get the POWs out of here. This moon is a hotbed for the scum of the 'Verse. However, your fellow Browns are here, too. Political dissidents, of course. Even the crew who helped blow up Verbena."

Sam blinked, "I'm what? Say what? Tai-kong suo-you de xing-qiu saijin-wo de pi-gu! What is going on here?!"

The Baron of Gore released her chains. "Mav was forced into this job, Sam. They took you because of your criminal record and your history. Added a few false charges. Even re-routed that murderous harlot to go for you. The children of Mr. Universe did this." He checked her. "To make this look convincing, you're going to have to take a few more hits..."

"Oh great...what did I do on Canton anyway?"

"Murdered a rich man, I think... It was sketchy at best. Ready?" He readied a fist.

Sam braced herself, "Ready. Can I hit back?"

He nodded, "Watch the hip, I'm on synthetics these days." The Baron punched her with a hard right to the ribs.

The wind was instantly knocked out of Sam as she slammed against the wall of the small cell. Growling, she launched herself at the Baron, slamming a massive shoulder into his solar plexus.

"You'll be set up with an explosives..." He grunted from the hard shoulder. "Nice shoulder... Explosives expert." He backhanded her hard.

Sam fell onto the floor, seeing stars as she fought the pounding in her head. Spinning, she kicked the man's feet out from under him. "Blow up Penal moon? Ballsy."

He fell to the floor, but avoided the hip. "Not blow it up, but get yourself out. I can't tell who is who, but you should know how to call upon the others. Blow the door, get them freed. I can imagine that you'll run into ol' Maverick as fast as you get them out." He sat up, "Last I heard, he's burning his way here as fast as Lu Adams can make it go."

"Blow the door, but do we just sit and wait on the planet? Steal a penal transport?" Sam asked, rubbing her jaw.

"Penal transport. Dock 7. Get in a blow each, and then I'll yell for the guard. The guard who'll throw you in will throw you a lighter. Ask the cellmate if it's hot. He'll know what you mean." He pulls himself up and punches her in the gut.

Sam grunted, and responded in her basest instinct, by pulling her knee up into his crotch.

In a high pitched yell, "Guard!" Two guards came in with shock stick to sedate Sam. "Godspeed..."

Before Sam could do anything, a stick had been placed against her ribs. She felt herself get burned from the shock, a flash of pain, then a weak numb feeling that weighed her down.

The guards dragged her out. She was a bit weary, a bit beaten. Her shirt was bloodied up a lot from her tussles. They saw a cell with a man inside. "Here, throw her in with the bomb rat..." She felt a guard grope her a bit, but also a coldness of a lighter was felt. "Not worth it, Johnny..."

And then, the door slammed...
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Kris » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Glancing up from his pillow as his cell door slammed, Christopher Rapson saw someone get thrown in. Raising an eyebrow, he slid himself off his bunk and went over to the person.

Kneeling down, he tried to help the person he now realized was female, up to at least a sitting position. "Hey, you alright? I wasn't expecting them to stick anyone in here, I've been alone for a long time."

Looking her in the eyes, best he could, Chris tried to smile. "By the way, I'm Chris, Chris Rapson. Some call me an explosives expert...though those guards call me the bomb rat. Not a name I'm fond of."

Sitting down next to her, finding nothing better to do, he tried to think. "So...what are you doing in here?"

Tag-Sam

( Chris is a very important person, you will all find out why later! )
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Kris » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Sam sat up, feeling like death warmed over. "I'm a'ight..." She put a hand to her head, but stopped when she realized she was holding the lighter. "Ugh, got framed for murder. Name's Sam."

Grinning, Chris shook his head. "Framed for murder? They haven't brought any prisoners to this area of the prison for quite some time. There must be something behind it." Moving over to his bunk so she could see his face, he sighed. "I've been in here for 9 years...and no one has ever been placed here with me."

"Nine years, since the war." Sam said, looking at Chris through quickly swelling eyes. He had a funny grin on his face. "Well, Chris, you might be onto something. Is it hot in here?"

Raising an eyebrow, he knew what was up now. Getting up, he went to help her up and back against one of the walls that should be clear. "Got the lighter?" He whispered in her ear.

Sam palmed it over to him, nodding. "You ready?"

Nodding, Chris took the lighter. "I've been ready for quite some time. Watch your eyes." And with that short statement, he knelt down carefully and lit the powder that was spread across the floor.

Sam heard a hissing sound that she knew all too well. Instictively, she covered her eyes and made herself a small target until she heard the explosion. There was soot and rubble everywhere, along with the sounds of yelling people. "We need to hurry." Sam yelled over the ringing in her ears.

"I wasn't told where we were supposed to go, I sure hope you know!" Chris yelled as he ran over to her to help her get out of the mess and to wherever they needed to go.

"Uh, left!" To be honest, she had no clue. She just knew what she was suppose to do, not how to do it.

Looking to the left, Chris shrugged and ran to the left, hoping Sam could keep up. "Where did they tell you we were supposed to go anyway?"

Sam panted, really wishing for an asprin and a vodka. "I was told two things. Get fellow browncoats out and then get to dock 7 and steal some ruttin' transports! Where are the rest of us? You know? Surely you got yard time."

Looking behind him, Chris smiled. "Well, your last question is answered if you look behind us. This part of the prison was all browncoats, hence why no one was brought here. And as for dock 7, give me a minute." He continued to run, knowing they were headed the right way, but he was attempting to remember how far they had to go.

"Oy, how are we gonna get past the security that's gotta be building up?" Sam asked, really wishing she wasn't missing all of her weapons. She felt so naked.

"I haven't the slightest idea, but maybe they are all back at the explosion site and we will get lucky for once." Checking the path ahead, they were close. "Its through that door up there to the right!"

Crerar grunted, looking back to make sure that other browncoats were running too. She noticed a few people, though, who weren't browncoats. Must not be the only people on the wing, probably running out of room. When she looked ahead, though, she almost swore. There were security officers flooding into the hallway.

The look on Sam's face made Chris snap his head back around. "Gorramit...you have to be kidding! We haven't got weapons to fight them with!" Trying to think on his feet was not a strong suit, and he looked to the others for suggestions.

Sam grunted, knowing there was only one way to do this. She headed for the smallest, scarest guard she could see and let out a bellow as she ran into him, knocking him to the ground before he had a chance to fire. A few seconds later, she'd managed to wrest a weapon from him and turned to the others, but the other browncoats were taking care of that. And the weapon was one of those rutting knock-you-over guns. This wasn't going to be pretty, for the guards.

Grabbing a weapon of his own after practically head butting one of the guards, Chris smirked. "I guess that is one way to do it." Glancing over the crowd, he began to whisper to Sam. "What about the non-browncoats?"

"We'll bring 'em with, they can be useful." Sam replied, not wanting to mention how they'd be useful

Not wanting to argue, he waved everyone along through the door that was now open. "Seems this is where they all came from, doors wide open. Its dock 7, and there seems to be plenty of transports." There was a sudden sound of a gun firing through the door. Someone had been hiding behind one of the transports and had found a target, and that target was Chris' arm. Dropping the gun, he groaned. "Just great," he said as he put a hand over the wound.

Sam grabbed Chris and pulled him out of the way. "Come on! Everybody take cover! Grab a transport, as many as can fit!"

Wincing, he bent down and picked up his gun again. "I'm hoping that is the only one in there, because those transports are good hiding places. Everyone, let's get out of here!" Now Chris was pulling Sam along towards the transports.

"Oy, Chris, please tell me you can pilot worth a damn, otherwise, this will be a bumpy ride."

"I've got training, but I'm no expert. I haven't flown in 9 years, so no matter what it maybe a bumpy ride. Let's just get ourselves out of here."

Sam grunted, then found the door to a transport and started working at opening it. It wasn't unlocked, of course, but given her less than reputable history, she knew how to pick the electronic locks. It took her a little over a minute to open the door before she went inside, ushering people in.

Letting other's get ahead of him; Chris was still holding his arm, but the gun as well. Turning back to the door, a look of shock hit his face. "Oh no...Sam!"

Sam looked around, then cursed under her breath for a solid minute. 41, and a bunch of lackeys, standing over the body of the Baron, all aiming weapons at them. "We're humped."

"I recognize that guy...Baron." Looking to the others, whom all seemed to be in the transports, Chris looked back. "Oh yeah, we're humped. Any brilliant plans to get out of this one?"

"Uhh...pray?"

Chris backed as far as he could against the transport. "Don't think that's gonna do us any good." Was all he could say since he did not see any way out of this.

Tag-Anyone
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:52 pm

Kynthia checked on the engines before heading to the bridge.

"Lu? How are we doin'? Got any ideas how long?"

She knew that getting to Penal Moon was important, but she had some things to take care of.

"The Monarch doesn't have guns. We're gonna have to be sneaky like. How's the shoulder?"

Kynthia sagged against the wall, hearing again that odd little noise that had been annoying her.

"Gorram. I ain't got enough hands to look after the engines an' run this thing."

TAG Lu.
TAG anyone who might be listening.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Solomon James » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:15 pm

Sol was eavesdropping on the bridge. He'd heard Lu and Kynthia muttering to each other but he could only barely make out what they were saying. Until he heard Kynthia speak

"Gorram. I ain't got enough hands to look after the engines an' run this thing."

Sol's eyebrows raised a little, and he stepped forward.

"You say you need someone to look over the engines on this peice of go se?" Sol rubbed his beard a little and scratched his head through the mounds of thick gray hair.

"Well ain't you lucky. You just happen to be carryin' Solomon James, best mechanic since earth-that-was. How can I help?"

<tag>
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Quamie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:26 pm

"You say you need someone to look over the engines on this peice of go se?" Sol rubbed his beard a little and scratched his head through the mounds of thick gray hair.

"Well ain't you lucky. You just happen to be carryin' Solomon James, best mechanic since earth-that-was. How can I help?"

"She's not," Ameri broke in before she could stop herself. She was standing in the doorway with a bowl of soup.

After taking care of Mav, she had treated Lu's injuries and any other injuries suffered by the crew. She had put away the medical supplies and then retired to her room to wrap her presents for the others, folding Sam's carefully and smoothing the fabric perhaps overmuch.

Then she had gone to the galley and reheated soup for Kynthia. She had been about to enter the cockpit when she had heard Sol's comment and the words broke out of her mouth, "She's not."

Now she looked like she wished she was somewhere far, far away. But she had spoken, and now she clarified, putting one hand on the metal wall beside her almost as if soothing the ship. "She's beautiful," Ameri explained, dropping her gaze.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Solomon James » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:45 pm

"She's not." Ameri said.

Solomon could see the look in her eyes as she touched the ship. He curled his lip and his eye twitched a little bit. He remembered when he was that close to a ship. He remembered what it was like to be be in love.

"Well," he nodded, "I think I'll make sure she stays that way."

He looked to Kynthia and felt a pang of fear. Maybe he'd been a bit too presumptuous. What if she didn't want some stranger screwing around her ship. Sol knew he wouldn't if the tables were turned.

"That is of course with your permission, Sir."

He hung his head and thought to himself, 'you stupid man. She's obviously not no sir.'

"And by Sir I mean the person in charge. Not indicatin' what sort of gender you have. Not that it isn't obvious."

He hung his head again.

"Well should I go look at the engines or just start eatin' my other foot? I ain't got all day to decide."
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Saint » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:52 pm

Maverick limped out onto the deck. "Don't mind the little one. She loves this old girl. Because it's her only true home. As it will be yours, Sol. I'll offer 10 percent, for you to keep her going, of course." He patted him on the shoulder, as he headed to the bridge.

He put a kiss on Ameri's cheek, "No arguing with the old man. He loves that crap. Always has."

As he got onto the bridge, "Kynthia... How long until we hit that gorramned station, dear?"
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Quamie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:09 pm

Ameri slipped past the men and handed Kynthia her bowl of soup, smiling at Lu. "Yours is coming."

As she slipped back wraithlike toward the door in the crowded cockpit, she paused to check on Maverick's wounds, refusing to take no for an answer. "Do you both want soup as well?" she asked, her gaze flickering to barely graze Solomon.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:28 pm

Kynthia looked at Solomon with a steely steady gaze for a very very long time.

"This here piece of go se happens to have a heart, which you will be surely findin' out for yourself sometime. I ain't got no mind what you call me, an' Sir is acceptable seeing as how I am lookin' after things til the Cap'n gets on his feet. But if you ever call my home names she ain't deserving again, I will cheerfully throw you out an airlock and dance upon the deck all the way back to my cabin. You understanin' me? You gotta earn the right to call her names."

She saw how he hunched slightly into himself. Noted how he winced at Ameri's words. He's hurtin inside she thought.

She nodded her thanks at Ameri.

"You let him up, or he just ignore you?" she asked with a laugh when she saw Maverick.

As he got onto the bridge, "Kynthia... How long until we hit that gorramned station, dear?"

"Reckon on a few hours, maybe half a day. Time enough to plan. Certainly enough time to show him the engine." Her gaze sharpened. "10 percent. Huh. He that good? Maybe he can figure out that that noise is."

She motioned for Maverick to take the second chair and turned to Solomon.

"Come on then. Cap'n says you can look after The Old Girl, then I'll be showin' you the engine. you can pick up your soup on the way."

Without waiting for an answer, she headed towards the engine room.

TAG - Solomon.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Solomon James » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:05 am

"Come on then. Cap'n says you can look after The Old Girl, then I'll be showin' you the engine. you can pick up your soup on the way."

Solomon smiled at the Captain and then looked to Kynthia. She was already moving towards the distance.

He took off behind her and tried his best to catch up.

"Hey now... I appreciate the chance you'd give to an old man to prove himself. Don't go a-worryin' about her none. I'll take good care of her."

Solomon smiled again, he was pretty sure Kynthia probably worry; he'd still keep Monarch flyin' though.

<tag>
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:29 am

They reached the engine room, after pausing to snag some soup for Solomon, and more for Kynthia.

"Okay, Sol. here's the thing. She's got the standard three engines. Two for guided flight an' The Firefly. Also got about 30 RCS thrusters, though I think only about 25 are working. Tends to fight turnin' sometimes. She's not in bad condition, but she needs a better hand than I got with machines to keep her shiny."

She showed Solomon around the Engine room, love for The Monarch showing in every word and action.

When she was done, she folded her arms and faced him.

"Look after Her and she'll give you that space you need to deal with whatever your demon is. I gotta go and see to stuff. But you need know this, I'll look in here occasional like."

Kynthia left, stopping along the corridor and looking back into the room. Keeping the Monarch in the sky had been part of her world for a long time. It felt odd to be handing her over to someone else.

Note: source for engine intel - Loni Peristere, visual effects team for Firefly. "Serenity Found".

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:43 am

Maverick looked at Ameri, who kept tending to his wounds and feeding him. "I'm alright, bao bey. I don't need to be cooped up in that gorramn bed." He saw the 'you're kidding' look from her.

"Alright, dear. I'll get more rest. I'm not winning this arguement, am I? Besides, we've got about half a day before we hit the Drift. And then, we get the good and get Sam. I can't wait to get my hands on that... that whore." Maverick was still angry at 41's arrogance.

As he was being fed more soup, he looked at Ameri. "Look at you. Still innocent. I hope you can stay that way, little one. Instead of scarred from the past like most of us..."
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Kris » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:59 am

The smells of soup, the sounds of arguments, it was hard to concentrate on everything while this was happening right there next to her. "Can everyone who is arguing just GET OUT?!" She snapped and looked back to see Solomon and Kynthia already walking out.

Sighing, she watched Maverick, whom she was glad to see back on his feet, and Ameri talking. She could also smell the soup that had been made and really wanted some. Then she realized she shouldn't have snapped herself around that way because it upset her shoulder and she winced turning back around.

Tag-Anyone
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Quamie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:15 am

After Solomon and Kynthia left, Ameri bustled out and grabbed two more bowls of soup- one for Lu and one for Maverick. She hurried back, stopping to check one more time on Maverick's wounds and help him with the soup.

"Alright, dear. I'll get more rest. I'm not winning this arguement, am I? Besides, we've got about half a day before we hit the Drift. And then, we get the good and get Sam. I can't wait to get my hands on that... that whore." Maverick was still angry at 41's arrogance.

Ameri nodded slowly.

As he was being fed more soup, he looked at Ameri. "Look at you. Still innocent. I hope you can stay that way, little one. Instead of scarred from the past like most of us..."

Ameri regarded him quietly for a moment. "Perhaps just not in the same way," she whispered. She turned, bringing Lu's soup the rest of the way to the pilot with a smile.

"How's your shoulder?" she asked as she checked on the wound.

She looked at Maverick and Lu, standing there in the cockpit with the stars rushing past. "It's good to be home. Already, it seems like family," she said with wonder. Resolve crept into her voice then. "How can I help get Sam home?"
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Saint » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Maverick looked at the young girl. "Knowing that go-se place, bao bey... We'd have to treat Sam for any injuries. Any torture. They're worse than slavers." He looked at her, almost sad.

"We're probably going to need help from the inside and weapons. I'm afraid it's going to get very messy, dear." He put a hand to her face. "I think we're going to have to do more patchin'. And we're goin' to have to be a family. Sam will go through a lot. Anyone who goes there does..."
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Sam Crerar » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Sam stood in the doorway of the shuttle, staring at Agent 41, wondering what would happen now.

41 looked at Sam. "Luckily for you, I'm not in a mood to fight, Miss Crerar. Guards... Take Lt. Rapson to solitary. Then take Cpl. Crerar to Interrogation Room 1. We're going to have a little chat." As she said this, the troops gave Chris a treatment of sick sticks, and he fell to the ground. As they drug him away, 41 asked. "Your choice. Ill or willing."

Sam put her hands on her head. She knew it was useless to fight, she was outnumbered and unarmed. "Do your worst, bu-hui-hen-de po-fu."

The guards just backed away as 41 pulled out the remote. "Thought you would never ask." She pointed the remote and aimed at Sam. Of course, this was the mild setting that hit Sam...

The pain that hit Crerar was incomprehensible. It kept Sam locked in place, unable to hit her knees, like being electrocuted. The pain, it was all consuming, she couldn't even scream for nearly a minute, but when she did, it was a bone chilling scream that was wrenched from her very soul.

41 looked at Sam, and it seemed that she got a measure of enjoyment out of this. "As I said, Interrogation Room 1." The guards shuddered as they helped Sam walk. If Sam could feel them, she could feel the paralyzing fear they all had of that cold woman. One of the guards looked at the room.

"I don't know who's worse. Her or Warden Hauser." The other guard looked at him. "I'd rather not find out. Let's get her in and get away." As they opened the door, one guard looked for the 'chamber.' "Set her up over there..."

Both men leaned her against a metal board. They bound her to it, and then wiped off their sweat. "Gentlemen, that is all."

Sam had regained some bit of her senses, but the torture had already taken a lot out of her. Her hand twitched as she looked at the Agent. She tried to speak, but had to produce a little more spit before she could, when she finally did speak, it was barely a rasp. "That...that all you got?"

As she looked at Sam, "Resilient. That I will give you. I'm just not sure you could handle a medium setting, though." She put a hand up on Sam's face. "Such a hard demeanor. You needed that, didn't you. Especially with your family..."

Sam couldn't repress the shutter when the cold hand touched her cheek. She kept her eyes to the front, though, staring through 41. "Everyone is hard in the border-worlds."

If you could be 41 for a minute, you could honestly tell she enjoyed fear and intimidation. Some could relate her form of evil to that old miscreant, Patience. However, she was about to hit a major nerve. "How sad... If only you people allowed yourselves to be civilized, we would have avoided all of this bloodshed. All of these scars. Oh, but then... Your parents would be out of a job. Hard to be slavers in a civilized world, is it not?"

Sam's eyes flashed with anger, and she mustered up all the energy she could to fit against her bonds. "You feds ain't done nothin' bout that, so don't give me that civilized go-se speech.

41 kept rubbing along her face, "If only the Templars could, my dear Samantha. If we had our way. We would kill every one of them. No questions asked." She sighed to herself, as the talked. "However... We can only do what the government allows us to. I hate that fact. But, nothing I can do about it. I'm nobody."

"Not even significant enough to have a name." Sam hissed out. She pulled against the bonds again. "If you're going to torture me, torture me, don't just talk me to death."

41 cracked a rare smile. "Oh, but this is the fun part. You mistake me for someone like Adelei Niska. I don't get my joys from making you suffer physically. I get it from making you fear me..." She then pressed the button to the medium setting. "Oops."

41's victim never heard the "oops". Once again, pain enveloped her, the pain searing through her mind, searing into her mind. She screamed, long and loud before slumping against the board only semi-conscious.

As she pressed the off button, 41 just looked at her and gave her a cold kiss to her cheek. "See, Samantha. I told you that you couldn't handle the pain I could give you. So, why don't you confess to the crime, and we'll just call it even."

Sam whimpered, but looked up, her eyes pained, but defiant. "I..." She stopped, trying to produce more spit in her bone dry mouth and throat. "I...I never...I never been to Canton..."

A hard slap came across her face, "Liar." 41 then kept slapping and backhanding her more. Until, she stopped...

41 went to the table and slammed her fists down on it. "Tai-kong suo-yo duh shing-chiou sai-jin wuh duh pee-goo. God, make it stop..." She then put her hands up to her ears. "Tzao-gao. The pain!"

Sam just looked at 41 with bleary eyes, having no clue what was going on.

The door opened, and a tall imposing figure came into the room. He had a remote in his hand. As, he was pressing it, 41 was reaching inside her jacket for a bottle of pills. "Enough you piece of niou-se!"

Sam just watched the two, only partially connected to reality now. "Huh..."

The figure then backhanded 41 hard. "Out of my way, whore!" As he came up to Sam, he looked at her. "You won't break this one, Selene. She took the worst pain anyone could give her in the war." As he pulled her face up, she saw a bit of deja-vu. Only this image was different. She saw Maverick, or was it. This man had short gray hair, but a scar over his left eye. "You and I know the truth, Samantha... These charges are false."

"Oh good, someone finally got the message..." Her head lolled slightly, "I was...wonderin' 'bout that..."

The man laughed at her. "However, you're still going to be a guest here. You know who I want, don't you?"

"You want..." Her brow furrowed slightly, her mind still not making the right connections. "You..."

"My name is Hauser... You Browncoat scum called me the 'Scourge of Shadow.' Of course, it weren't nothing for me to help kill my own home. Too bad someone was attached to that go-se place." He pulled 41 up by the throat, "Selene, help her up please..." 41 had tears on her face now. "Yes, Warden..."

"You...but...Maverick...."

"She can figure out riddles, Selene..." He laughed heartily. "That's right, you Bun tyen-shung duh ee-DWAY-RO! Maverick."

Sam closed her eyes, trying to sort things out. She was weak, and tired, and things weren't making sense. "Maverick..."

He looked at her, "Don't worry, Samantha. The mighty Maverick will come and save you. My foolish older brother... Thought he could save people." Then, the most sadistic laugh anyone could have ever heard came out. "I'm going to enjoy killing him right in front of you and all of his 'daughters.' It'll be the last thing all of you will see as the might of the Alliance crushes the legend of the Monarch. It will be magnificent."

Sam took a deep breath, or as deep as she could. Sibling rivalry turned to sibling hate, all because of the damn war. She knew what it was like. "You need therapy."

He snapped. "What... did... you... say?!!" He then hit her with the hardest backhand she would ever feel in her life. "Chur ni-duh! I am not a shiong-mung duh kwong-run, you stupid little girl!"

He then pulled 41 by her hair, "Take this piece of trash away. Hang her up next to her new friend!" He was breathing heavily, by this time.

Sam was in a world of hurt, especially since she thought he'd just dislocated her jaw. Still, she took some pleasure in knowing she hit a nerve.

As Hauser left the room, 41 looked at Sam. She unloosened her bounds. As the door slammed, she was now visibly sobbing. "That evil... shiong-mung duh kwong-run. That FAY-FAY duh PEE-yen..."

Sam was tempted to try and fight with the loosened bonds, but knew she couldn't. Especially since when all the bonds were loosed, she nearly fell over. She grabbed the wall, groaning.

41 helped her up, as best as she could. "Cannot stay in here. He will come back..."

Sam nodded, wrapping an arm around 41's neck. "I..." she hissed in pain, "Why's 'e so psycho?"

41 looked at her, "He is Maverick's twin. At the battle of Serenity, Maverick shot him point blank. He almost killed Malcolm Reynolds and his unit."

"Ah, why not like you?"

41 wiped the blood off of Sam's jaw, "I do not know. He is like this to everyone. Guard, prisoner, operative. As the Alliance Representative, he wields power beyond all here. He only answers to Parliament itself."

Sam nodded, trying to see straight. She almost felt bad for Agent 41, or Selene as she'd been called. Almost.

As they left the room, 41 looked around. "You know he is serious, Samantha. He wants to kill all of them. Then, he is planning to do to Hera what happened to Shadow."

"Why would you care?" Truth be told, Sam knew she was right. She just didn't know how she could do anything.

41 looked at her, "I do not care. However, he is too powerful for his own good. A madman like that is the greatest sinner of all. I cannot defy him, Samantha." She took Sam into the cell. As she did, she sat Sam against the wall. After that, she took Chris down and sat him against the wall. "This isolation will last 48 hours. More than enough time..." She then looked at Sam. "I cannot assist... I am sorry."

Sam nodded, although she wasn't up to responding. It would take a miracle for them all to survive now.

41 made sure both were able to relax. "48 hours. That's all the time we have. If you're a believer, pray that he'll be here..." As she looked at Sam's jaw, she gently popped it back into place. She heard a wince, but ran her fingers through her hair. "I apologize." Then she got stood up, "Again, pray he comes..."

Sam nodded again. She then leaned her head against the wall and closed her eyes. She needed some time to recouperate before she even thought about praying, though.

41 closed the door and looked around. She saw two guards from earlier. "Keep an eye on them. The Warden took care one of them... Just make sure she lives through the night." The guards saluted her. As she walked away, she tried to regain her composure. She then looked at the bottle of pills. They were anti-depressants, prescribed by the Alliance. Then, she threw them into the trash unit... "No more..."
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Solomon James » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:03 am

Clash!

The noise was loud and echoed through the engine room like so many great metal hands clapping together all at once.

"Gorramit, Gao yang jong duh goo yang!" Solomon yelled to himself.

He'd spent the last twenty minutes trying to realign the G-Line in the Trace Compression Block when he realized that the upper door to the fuel cells was loose. It was vibrating against the ceiling and causing one holy heck of a disturbance.

Sol slamming things around probably didn't help much, except to dislodge it and knock it to the floor.

"Who the hell hit this with a gorram wrench!?" He yelled. Climbing up to the wall he reaffixed it and smiled.

"No more hittin' the spaceship with wrenches!"
Solomon James
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:25 am

Chris had been beaten up pretty badly due to struggling when they had taken him to this room. Now he was just exhausted. When he was taken down and Sam was placed in the room, he could not believe his eyes. She was...alive.

Once 41 had left, he noticed her throw some pills into the trash. He then returned his attention to Sam. "Sam...what did they do to you?" He was trying to look her over for more injuries while still being gentle with his touch. "Are you alright?"

Tag-Sam

(I realize it is a bit short, but I didn't want to hold up the story while I'm away most of the day)
Last edited by Kris on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:41 am

"Who the hell hit this with a gorram wrench!?" Solomon yelled. Climbing up to the wall he reaffixed it and smiled.

Kynthia, sitting in the common area, cocked her head to one side and grinned.

"I 'ave! Gorram stuck valve behind second manifold." she yelled back, laughing.

"No more hittin' the spaceship with wrenches!"

Kynthias eyes glinted with suppressed laughter. "Right you are then!"

Since there wasn't a lot to do ship wise when a course had been set, she was taking advantage of it to cook and bake. She kept a wooden spoon handy for smacking unwary hands and fingers.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:01 pm

Maverick came into the kitchen after his brief talk with Ameri. He looked at Kynthia working with the goods they brought on board. As he saw the cook at work, he put an arm around her. "So, what's on the menu, dear cook."

He knew better than to reach down. The wooden spoon wasn't a mere cooking tool. It was a weapon against would be early tasters. "And yes, I know better than to reach in.

TAG - Kynthia
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Sam Crerar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Sam groaned when he touched her. She was sore all over and didn't really want to socialize. "I'm alive...They...they're gonna kill...Hera... Everybody on Hera...another Shadow. Gotta stop 'em." As much as she wanted to protect the Monarch, the closest thing to a family she had, she had to think about the fate of an entire planet.

She tried to stand, but quickly gave up that idea. She wasn't fit to do much of anything right now. Closing her eyes, she resisted the pain. She wasn't going to cry, that was something she refused to do. Never cried in the war, she wasn't going to let them break her now.

Opening her eyes, Sam looked over to Chris. "Are you alright? Did they hurt you?"
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Kris » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:37 pm

"They beat me up, but its nothing I'm not used to around here. Gotta remember, I've been here for 9 years and I've been beaten more times then I care to count."

Watching her try to get up, Chris shook his head. "You stay there, we will find a way to to save everyone Sam, I promise you." Staring at the wall, he honestly had no idea how they were going to get out of there, but there had to be some way...

--------------------------------------

Lu sipped at her food as she kept them on course. It was rather boring right now, but someone had to stay here to keep an eye on things. Everyone else was off doing their own things.

Tag-Anyone (Tag Sam on first part)
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Saint » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Inside a luxurious room inside the officer's wards... Nobody there except a young girl in an Oriental silk nightgown. She's in her bed looking at the wall, uncontrollably sobbing. She is no longer Agent 41. She's just Selene... A scared little girl.

The drugs they gave her... She threw them away inside a trash unit. The only link to sanity. Although, their idea of sanity was to make her cold blooded. A way to block out the voices and the screams. She saw them all. She saw her classmate, River, being cut into and probed. And then, it was her turn. They weren't kids. They were nothing but lab rats to the Hands of Blue.

"No more... No more pills... No more hurt... No more death." She curled herself into a ball and held onto a teddy bear. "No more... God, stop this pain... Someone have mercy on me... Put one into my brainpan... Squish! No more pain."

When the illusion of the evil Agent 41 went away, all it left was the shell of a barely stable Selene...
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Sam Crerar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:58 pm

Sam looked at Chris for a moment. "Promise..." He promised to help, but could he fulfill that promise? So many promises in her life, honest, sincere promises that were unable to be kept. She closed her eyes again, taking a deep breath. Sleep, she needed sleep, but she didn't think she could, not now. Oh what she wouldn't give for her bunk and a nice bowl of soup.
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Next

Return to Firefly: Monarch