Episode 1: Rebirth of a King

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Postby Tavey » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:31 pm

Kynthia notices Ameri sitting by the door and quirked a smile at her.

"'Lo. You're lookin' better. All your stuff is there then?"

She patted the wall of the engine room. Then came and sat down beside Ameri.

"'Tis gorram fine to be home ain't it."

Mavericks voice interrupted through the speakers. "Everybody, we're about a half hour from Persephone! Get yer shopping lists together. We're going to shop in the docks, downtown, and get in some groceries for Kynthia. And we're getting new fridge put in!"

Kynthia looked at Ameri. Then began to laugh. This was almost too good to be true.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:18 pm

Kynthia notices Ameri sitting by the door and quirked a smile at her. "'Lo. You're lookin' better. All your stuff is there then?"

Ameri nodded. "From what I saw."

She patted the wall of the engine room. Then came and sat down beside Ameri.

"'Tis gorram fine to be home ain't it."

Ameri made room for her. She seemed to be relaxing well. At Kynthia's words, she smiled a little, nodding quietly, but with feeling. "It is."

Mavericks voice interrupted through the speakers. "Everybody, we're about a half hour from Persephone! Get yer shopping lists together. We're going to shop in the docks, downtown, and get in some groceries for Kynthia. And we're getting new fridge put in!"

Kynthia looked at Ameri. Then began to laugh. This was almost too good to be true.

The laughter brought out a full-fledged grin on Ameri's face, but after a bit it faded. "It seems too good to be true. Sometimes, a part of me wonder when I'll wake up and find it's all a dream."

<tag>

"If it is a dream, I don't want to wake up," Ameri decided with a grin.

<tag>

"What are you going to shop for?"

<tag>
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Lucy looked down at the panels a bit later. "Hey guys, we coming up on Persephone," she said over the PA, "Hope you guys are ready we will be hitting the atmo soon. And don't worry, I will make it a smoother ride that before."
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:45 pm

The laughter brought out a full-fledged grin on Ameri's face, but after a bit it faded. "It seems too good to be true. Sometimes, a part of me wonder when I'll wake up and find it's all a dream."

Kynthia nodded. She understood only too well about that.

"Hush. This ain't no dream. Realer than real. But don't wake up soon, okay?" Kynthia felt more happy than she had in a long time. I don't want to wake up either. she thought in a sad little inner voice.

Kynthia looked dismayed for a moment. "I don't know. Stuff for the kitchen I guess. I'd love some bits for the engine, but she's doin' alright at the moment. Got a funny 60 hertz buzz though. Some kind of grounding thing. There's a loose wire in there somewhere."

Then she giggled. "We should find you some paints. I'm thinkin' the boss'll be shiny about it."

Lu's voice came over the PA "Hey guys, we coming up on Persephone. Hope you guys are ready, we will be hitting the atmo soon. And don't worry, I will make it a smoother ride that before."

Kynthia stood up. "Go get yerself settled. I need to keep an eye on this bit. See you dirtside."

She clambered up to her bucket seat and strapped in, ready for landing.[/i]

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:21 am

Meanwhile on a small Alliance carrier, just behind them...

"Lieutenant Allendyce, report..."

A young lady with fire red hair, which was tied back, came into view. "The Monarch is preparing to land on Persephone, ma'am."

We see our harsh woman with the black/blonde hair looking out a viewport at the space around her. "Very good, Allendyce. Did you get the files you were asked for." Nothing but a cold stare into space, of course...

"I did, ma'am. The Captain is a former Templar, Col. Saul Armstrong. Their pilot is Lucille Marie Adams. Graduated top of the recent class from the Alliance Sanctioned Aeronautical/Aerospace Classes. The mechanic, I could not get any files on. As with the passenger on board. Both are unaccessable. Their doctor is named Ameri Webber, aged 19." The agent then looked at her, "The gunner... Spec. Samantha Crerar. POW of Du Khang. Released by Alliance Control after the war, for lack of criminal evidence against her."

Agent 41 glanced at the young lady. "We know most of the crew. The two unknowns are on a need to know basis. However, the Browncoat... Could we perhaps use her as leverage."

Allendyce looked at the files. "She's got a few charges against her that are unanswered. One on Higgin's Moon, Canton. Another on New Zion..."

The strict Chinese woman nodded her head. "She will be the one. I wonder who sent the order from Osiris to attempt this... I'm not one to question the Parliament, though. Put in a call to Penal Moon. We're about to have a guest. A very angry guest."

Back on the Monarch

Maverick looked at his panels as Lu announced the arrival and pending descent to Persephone. "Alright, Lu. Let's take her in easy... Then we get dirtside and do what we need to. Head to the clouds, no kissing the ground."

TAG - Lu (Let's land this girl), Everyone (Wishlists ready, we got paid 8) )
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Sam Crerar » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:09 pm

Sam had her list of things she wanted. Well, the four things she wanted. Maverick also wanted her to go clothes shopping, but that was always a hassle and she never knew what to buy...and things never fit her in the shoulders and chest.

"Hey, Mav, I have my list. Either two Kimber 1911's, or two CZ P-01s, or one of each. A FN FAL and either a Spectre M4, Vikhr SR-3, HK-UMP or a Krinkov, whichever we can find in the best condition. Have a list of ammo, and grenades, as well as, for kicks, a six pack of tear gas... Shiny, no?"
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Quamie » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:29 pm

"Hush. This ain't no dream. Realer than real. But don't wake up soon, okay?" Kynthia felt more happy than she had in a long time. I don't want to wake up either. she thought in a sad little inner voice.

Ameri smiled a little at Kynthia, a strange little smile with a hint of sadness.

Kynthia looked dismayed for a moment. "I don't know. Stuff for the kitchen I guess. I'd love some bits for the engine, but she's doin' alright at the moment. Got a funny 60 hertz buzz though. Some kind of grounding thing. There's a loose wire in there somewhere."

Then she giggled. "We should find you some paints. I'm thinkin' the boss'll be shiny about it."

Ameri looked down, blushing. "I'm really not very good... Talli was always the better one at the arts."

Lu's voice came over the PA "Hey guys, we coming up on Persephone. Hope you guys are ready, we will be hitting the atmo soon. And don't worry, I will make it a smoother ride that before."

Kynthia stood up. "Go get yerself settled. I need to keep an eye on this bit. See you dirtside."

She clambered up to her bucket seat and strapped in, ready for landing.

Ameri nodded and disappeared like a wraith to the infirmary, where she holed up in a corner, prepared for landing. She slipped automatically into old habits, and it was almost like she had never left the Monarch. Her feet remembered every hidden nook and twisting passageway, as well as all the best places for rough landings and such.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:15 pm

Nodding to Maverick, Lu strapped herself in. "Hope they are all ready back there." She mumbled to herself as she took them into the atmosphere. It was a much smoother ride than before, just the usual turbulance. She knew exactly where their landing point was, which was an added advantage.

Once out of the atmosphere, Lu glanced out the window as she brought them down. "Best site I've seen in a long time." Seeing their free landing spot, she lowered them down with a soft bump and let go of the controls, placing them in landing mode. "Well, we are down and everything is set. Let's go and get stuff."
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Saint » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:06 am

"Sam, you're going to buy tear gas... Now that's an unusual one. However, yeah, we might need to sedate a few people. See if you can find the knockout variety, too."

Tag - Sam

He looked out the window and saw that they really were in Eavestown Docks in one piece. "Nice landing, Lu. Set the lockdown sequence for when the last person steps off this rig. Don't want any of those urchins trying to break in here."

Tag - Lu

After a while, he started walking to the middle of the ship in order to round up the others. "Ladies, which includes our dear passenger, too. Let's get out and hit the dirt. Remember, sniff the air and don't kiss the dirt. Got Alliance folks who're probably wanting to take a shot at us."

Tag - Ameri, Kynthia, Jade

He walked to the ramp waiting for everyone to get rounded up, so he could open the cargo door and step out.

Tag - Everyone.
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:47 pm

Kynthia made her way to her cabin. She grabbed her pistol and strapped it to her leg. It was always smart to have something handy.

She also grabbed a large basket for her shopping. It should be big enough for the basics and she could always get anything else delivered.

Smiling happily, she made her way to the ramp.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:54 am

"Lockdown sequence, you got it Mav." Flipping some of the switches, it was set, for when the last person stepped off. And only a crew member could get back on. So the passenger they were carrying would have to wait until a crew member showed up.

Bouncing out of her seat, it was time to shop, something she hadn't done in a long time. Maybe they could talk her into getting new clothes, but she wouldn't do it unless they talked her into it.

She wondered to the ramp and pulled her blonde hair as back as she could with how short it was. "Let's get to shopping!"
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Quamie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:38 am

After a while, he started walking to the middle of the ship in order to round up the others. "Ladies, which includes our dear passenger, too. Let's get out and hit the dirt. Remember, sniff the air and don't kiss the dirt. Got Alliance folks who're probably wanting to take a shot at us."

"Is it safe?" Ameri asked, peeking out of the infirmary with fearful eyes. The last thing she wanted was to be pulled away from the Monarch again.

<tag>

He walked to the ramp waiting for everyone to get rounded up, so he could open the cargo door and step out.

Ameri followed, standing close to Kynthia as they waited for the door to open. Her ease and smiles of before had disappeared, and were replaced by nervous wariness.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:34 am

Ameri followed, standing close to Kynthia as they waited for the door to open. Her ease and smiles of before had disappeared, and were replaced by nervous wariness.

Kynthia noticed how tense Ameri had become. She swore at herself for not thinking.

"Too soon?" She asked quietly. "You want to stay? He ain't gonna leave us Ameri. I know. He ain't the fraidy cat type."

She waved at Maverick. "Cap'n?"

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:40 am

He saw Kynthia waving to him. "Yes, Kynthia..." Then he saw Ameri's tense look. "I see..."

He looked at Ameri, "I know why you're worried, dear. We leave no person behind. If you want to stay, you can, but we're all headed out together, as a group. No splitting or any of that garbage, and Lu's locked the ship to where only a member of the crew, you included, can get in."

Tag Ameri

"If I had thought about it, too, I'd have asked first, Kynthia. But she does have one good insurance policy on her head. She's got my lucky hat on."

Tag Kynthia

He put an arm around them both. "Up to you, little one, on what you want to do. I ain't gonna force ya out, if you aren't feeling safe. If you do go out, you can keep a hand on me. I won't mind."

Tag Ameri
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Sam Crerar » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:23 pm

Sam looked around, her eyes darting here and there to count the obvious Alliance personnel. "Can we just get this done quickly? Persephone is always crawling with Alliance, and I ain't too keen on gettin' into a slice with them."
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Quamie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:21 pm

"Too soon?" She asked quietly. "You want to stay? He ain't gonna leave us Ameri. I know. He ain't the fraidy cat type."

She waved at Maverick. "Cap'n?"

Ameri shrunk back some more. It was a misunderstanding which was quickly causing her to be the center of attention, just what she didn't want.

He saw Kynthia waving to him. "Yes, Kynthia..." Then he saw Ameri's tense look. "I see..."

He looked at Ameri, "I know why you're worried, dear. We leave no person behind. If you want to stay, you can, but we're all headed out together, as a group. No splitting or any of that garbage, and Lu's locked the ship to where only a member of the crew, you included, can get in."

Ameri nodded silently. The assurance was nice, though it wasn't what she was truly worried about.

"If I had thought about it, too, I'd have asked first, Kynthia. But she does have one good insurance policy on her head. She's got my lucky hat on."

That brought a shy little ghost of a smile to Ameri's face as she touched the hat lightly.

He put an arm around them both. "Up to you, little one, on what you want to do. I ain't gonna force ya out, if you aren't feeling safe. If you do go out, you can keep a hand on me. I won't mind."

Gathering up her courage, she whispered, "Are there slavers here? What if someone finds me?"

She shrank behind Kynthia, clutching the other woman's shirt nervously. Though she didn't want to be left behind, she also didn't want to be captured or kidnapped again. She wanted to stay under the radar of slavers, her father, and every other predatory menace.

<tag>

She nodded quickly, nervously. "I'll go." She swallowed hard. "I'm sorry." She was causing trouble to this group of people who already cared so much for her. They all seemed trustworthy, and she didn't want to burden them.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Saint » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:42 pm

"Alright, bao bey. It's time to head out. Together." He looked at the little smile on Ameri's face. "Anyone looks at you wrong, there's enough guns amongst us for an unidentifiable body."

He nodded to Kynthia and Sam. "I count two patrols. Hera was an Operative job. They won't tell the regulars anything. So, we're safe. Sniff the air, though. We'll be ready to jump at a moment's notice."

A look at Lu and the passenger, "Welcome to Eavestown Docks. Southdown Abbey is down a ways, but nothing too bad. Nobody here is even going to try anything. Let's head downtown."
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Sam Crerar » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:54 pm

"Two over there, a Marshall over there..." Sam nodded in the direction of a plain clothes with his badge barely visible, "And a third patrol down the ally." Sam replied, looking over to Maverick.
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Tavey » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:20 pm

Kynthia smiled at Ameri. "Be alright meimei. He ain't gonna leave us and I ain't gonna let no slaver get close to you. If it gets all hard to breathe and busy like, boot back here and get into my old bedroom. I'll know where to find you."

On hearing Maverick and Sam mention patrols, her body language went through a sudden change. She stood upright, one hand held casually near her gun. Face calm, eyes roving, she picked out the patrols mentioned and discarded two of them as harmless. The Marshall had her a little uncomfortable for some reason, but she was reasonably sure that she could kill him without too much trouble.

"Sir. I am ready sir." she said quietly and clearly. Her accent non existent.

She moved until she was on the edge of the group, gun side out.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:33 pm

He heard the accent from Kynthia. It was the accent of a solider. "Keep tight, Kynthia. Let's not shoot too harshly. The patrols are decoys. The Marshall isn't going to do anything, if we don't. Keep a hand on the piece, might need it for the shortcut."

He pointed to the left and held out his arm for Ameri. "Little Ameri, this way. Kynthia, cover our six. Sam, take my blindside. Lucy... my strong side. I'll look out point."

He looked at Ameri. "Don't worry, dear. All shiny." He nodded to the women. "Downtown. We'll go through the Abbey Row. Even those fools won't violate God's house. So, with him, we'll get to where we need to go."

Tag Everyone
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Quamie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:56 pm

Kynthia smiled at Ameri. "Be alright meimei. He ain't gonna leave us and I ain't gonna let no slaver get close to you. If it gets all hard to breathe and busy like, boot back here and get into my old bedroom. I'll know where to find you."

He heard the accent from Kynthia. It was the accent of a solider. "Keep tight, Kynthia. Let's not shoot too harshly. The patrols are decoys. The Marshall isn't going to do anything, if we don't. Keep a hand on the piece, might need it for the shortcut."

He pointed to the left and held out his arm for Ameri. "Little Ameri, this way. Kynthia, cover our six. Sam, take my blindside. Lucy... my strong side. I'll look out point."

He looked at Ameri. "Don't worry, dear. All shiny." He nodded to the women. "Downtown. We'll go through the Abbey Row. Even those fools won't violate God's house. So, with him, we'll get to where we need to go."

Ameri looked around. Strong, reasonable Sam, who Ameri suspected had a softer side, Lu, who she knew little about but seemed as capable of defense as Sam or Maverick, and Kynthia, Kynthia with her secrets, but whom Ameri trusted implicitly. And then there was Maverick, who seemed protective of them all. Ameri glanced over at their passenger, who she didn't even know the name of, and then back at the crew all around her.

Kynthia drew herself up and turned herself into a soldier. Little Ameri took a breath and drew herself as well, taking Maverick's offered arm and lifting her chin, turning herself into a lady. Her past years of training welled up in her and her bearing changed, the timidity hidden behind a shield of prim and properness.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:55 am

Nodding to Maverick, she took his strong side with a smile to Ameri. She was a bit afraid, which was perfectly understandable. If this group had anything to do with it, no one was going to be hurt or taken.

"So, how long are we actually gonna be away from the ship Mav? If you are serious about getting me a new chair and some new clothes, I wanna break them in." She was trying to lighten the mood, maybe get smiles out of everyone since they all seemed just slightly tense. Granted, she was too, but she was ready to do some shopping.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Saint » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:42 pm

He looked at Lu and cracked a smartarse grin. "Only a few hours. Of course, with you ladies. Might be half a day if you start comparin' and seein' who is the pretty." He kept his hand on the gun "Besides, that Marshall is looking over somewhere else."

He looked over at the lawman and his platoon pointed to the direction of the Blue Sun crates due west of them. "That's Badger's hideout... Guess that gorram piece of space trash is up to something. Which means Ferret isn't far behind. Get to moving folks. Clothes, food and toys await. If we stay here, we might have to laugh at and shoot Badger and his merry idiots."
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Kynthia picked up the cue from the others.

"Sure, and what's wrong with the chairs you have now? A little tape holding them together isn't going to hurt you any? Next you'll be saying you can't feel your bits after you land.."

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Sam Crerar » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:18 pm

Sam grunted, "The seats is old enough to give you splinters in the most awkward places. New seats would be good...need some for the common area too."
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch