[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Episode 1: Rebirth of a King

Episode 1: Rebirth of a King

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Postby Sam Crerar » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:42 pm

Sam grunted a response to Ameri. "I'll drag him in, you should be in bed. Go now." She replied, before grabbing Maverick up under the arms in a drag. Now that they were in the air, Sam wasn't as worried about everyone. Still, were they going to get caught now? "Rogue Firefly" was probably hitting every channel on the cortex right about now.
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Quamie » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:42 pm

Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Sam Crerar » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:53 pm

Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Know Your Enemy

Postby Saint » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:09 am

Meanwhile on the surface...

"Ma'am, an open line from Parliament has come through..." The blonde/black haired Chinese woman looked over at the Lieutenant in front of her. Her hair is slicked back in a serious bun and tied off neatly. "Is it secure, Lieutenant?"

The young man looked at her, "Priority One, ma'am. Needs your authorization to open it." She nodded to him, "Very good... They're in the atmosphere as we speak, but we can't do anything... Not with the civil unrest. What of the governor?"

The young officer again looked grim, "In a stronghold. The closer we get to them, the heavier the bullets and EMPs get."

This female Operative looked at him, "No matter... The main priority is to monitor the Maverick. He's was one of the best. I don't know his next move, and I'm not guessing. That's YOUR job." The Lieutenant saluted to her.

She moves to the wave screen. "Agent 41 here. What can I do for the Parliament today?"

A grim man looks right back at her. "You can tell me how in the gorram sphincter of hell you let that ship get in the air, 41! That's how!"

She looked at him, expressionless. "The Monarch is captained by the Maverick, sir."

In an instant, the grim man looks like he was about to release a bowel movement he's held for years... "Colonel Saul Armstrong... the Twin Gunner. Can't be him. He wouldn't be this bold after nearly a decade of laying low."

"It IS him. I have the picture." She sends him a picture of what she took as he was firing upon them. "Twin Colt 1873 SAA Peacemakers, chairman."

Now, he was worried. "If this really is the Maverick... Proceed with caution. Follow, but do not engage the Monarch. If we cage this lion, you wouldn't survive. From the wave I noticed from Hera, we've lost the planet. We will pursue this another time... Return to Londinium at once, 41."

The wave cut off, "The Twin Gunner... I must report this to the Collective Agency."
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Quamie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:34 am

Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Saint » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:44 am

Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Kris » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:16 pm

Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Sam Crerar » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:16 pm

Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Quamie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:14 pm

Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Tavey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:43 pm

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:01 am

Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Yum.

Postby Tavey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:48 pm

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:39 pm

Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:00 pm

USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Sam Crerar » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:08 pm

Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Quamie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:51 pm

"Why do you ask if you can stay?  I had no intention of letting you go back on your own, little one.  Besides, I did promise Kynthia to bring you home.  I don't think I'd like a wrench to the brainpan from her, either."  Maverick looked at her smile, while eating his bowl of stew.  "You were on this ship before I even thought of buying her.  You belong on this ship, Ameri.  We all belong on this ship, but this is your home.  I don't know your story.  In time, you'll trust me with it, I hope."

Although she couldn't explain why, Ameri believed him. For a brief instant, she raised her eyes to meet his, before her gaze flitted away, elusive to direct contact. She smiled shyly, holding her stew tightly in hands that were suddenly shaking. "Thank you," she whispered. "I'll be a good doctor, the best I can."

He smiled at her, "That's all I need you to be, Ameri.  We can't all perform miracles all the time."  He knew this girl was special, somehow.  He could tell by the art in her room that he let no one near.  He slowly pulls out a lock card out of his pocket.  "I believe this belongs to you, young lady."

Puzzled, Ameri took the card, turning it over in her hands. "For......?" she looked up at him, hardly daring to believe.

"Xian kept your room locked.  He wouldn't let anyone get near it.  He looked for the last few months for you, not knowing where you are, and where ya would even be.  He didn't know to look on Hera, because he was too scared to go there."

"My room, with my things?" There were tears rolling down her cheeks, unbidden and unheeded. The look in her eyes when she glanced at him spoke volumes of gratitude and wonder. She was trembling, and had to set down her stew so she wouldn't spill, clasping her hands tightly together.

He nodded at her, "Untouched."  He stood up, putting his bowl down, and went to her and hugged her.  "Like I said, you're home."

Ameri shrunk back for an instant, but then clung to him. "You don't know how much this means to me! If I can help you in any way.... I owe you so much more than my life!" The words were joyful, echoing the look on her face. She sat back down on the cot, looking at the lock card in her hands. "Is my painting still on the door?"

He nodded to her.  "Yes, it is.  Ask the girls, I threatened to shoot whoever tried to remove it.  If Kynthia didn't beat them with a wrench, that is."

"I was painting it. It seems like forever ago. Rick said I could, and I had just bought some paints," Ameri told him, staring down at her hands as she remembered. "I was almost done, and then we were going to land, so I had to stop. I never got a chance to come back to it. Until now."

He put his hands on her shoulders.  "You have that chance now.  When we hit the Eavestown Docks, we're going to lock the ship down and do a bit of shopping like I said.  I think we all need to get some supplies.  And you need need some new clothings.  I can't imagine how Lucinda treated you.  I still owe that ol' drunk, but karma will take care of her."

"She treated me better than she could have," Ameri said softly. "I just wasn't good enough. I kept making mistakes."

"Don't say that, little one."  He looked at her, in that determined fatherly look.  "A drunk like that is never happy.  I've dealt with them too many times..."  He looks off now, not wanting to think anything bad anymore.  He had enough of that in his forced sleep.  "You're a good lady.  You're meant for more than what you were doing."

Ameri looked up a little, and nodded, but it wasn't clear if she really believed him. She smiled a little, taking a bite of her stew. "It's good to be home."

"I served in the war.  Probably not for the right reasons.  So, for that, I can't sleep like the rest of you ladies can..."  He looked off to a corner now.  "Not to mention...  You look a bit like my late wife.  Crazy, but hell...  You get there when you get old.  Which you've got a way to go, dear."

Ameri tilted her head a little, watching him. "Are you asking for something to help you sleep?"

"No, it's all in my head, dear. Don't need to medicate me." He chuckled a little bit. "Besides, if you wanted to medicate for bad dreams and memories... Sam might need the most medicine of us all. Anyone who was in the war, would need it..."

"I'm glad it passed over me. I've heard nothing good about it," Ameri said. While Maverick had been talking, she'd been eating, but she never spoke with her mouth full. She had impeccable manners.

"There was nothing good about it. As you can see now. Lots of sore feelings still from it." He looked at the young lady. "As you can tell, we're still having to work on the old ship, too. It's not completely finished, as Kynthia is finding a new noise here and there, of course."

"Kynthia does good work. She'll keep us in the air, and that's what matters. Flight gives the Monarch life."

a JP between Maverick and Ameri
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:54 am

Sitting back eating the stew that Sam had brought her, Lu looked at the readings. "Seems, if we keep this speed, we should be there in about 4 hours. I have a feeling Maverick wants to get us there as fast as he can, so I figured, even if Kynthia doesn't like it, I'm pushing these engines."

Taking another spoon of the stew, it was nice to have something in her stomach. "I can't remember when I had such a good meal."
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Sam Crerar » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:22 am

"Yeah, the kid can cook. Most I can do is barely make protein edible. Four hours? Might be fast enough. It's gonna be tight, but, hey, Hera's independent and war hasn't broke out yet. Shiny." Sam stopped rambling in order to eat more of the stew, leaning against the bulkhead. She wondered what all they were going to do on Persephone, a planet which was almost as bad as one of the central planets. Almost.
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Tavey » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:09 pm

Lu said "I have a feeling Maverick wants to get us there as fast as he can, so I figured, even if Kynthia doesn't like it, I'm pushing these engines."

In the galley, Kynthia suddenly cocked her head sideways and listened intently.

"Lu? You doin' that?" She called forward.

TAG> Lu

Kynthia put down her bowl of stew. She went over to one of the walls and pressed her ear to it. The engines sounded shiny. Odd noise notwithstanding.

An evil grin lit up her face. Maybe it was time to let the Old Girl feel her space wings for a bit.

"Lu?" she called again, very sweetly. "Open The Old Girl up. Let's have some fun!"

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Kris » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:55 pm

Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Saint » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:49 pm

Maverick stepped onto the bridge as Lu started to push the old girl as fast as she could go. "Glad to see you all agreed to hit the throttle." He sat in the co-pilot's seat and looked out the window.

"When we hit Eavestown Docks, we're all headed out together. The Hera job got us a hell of a pre-payment. The post-payment is a slight bit larger when we deliver the message, which Sam got in the paperwork." He looked at the disc in his hand. "On this disk, is detailed info on what's going on, as far as Hera goes."

Proceeding to tie his hair back a bit, he looked at his crew. "We're going to get in some shopping. Clothing, supplies, ship needs. Possibly a new refrigeration for the galley. Heck, get new pilot chairs to put in. Whatever we can do is to get the girl back in good shape..."
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Sam Crerar » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:06 pm

Sam perked up, "Can we buy weapons? I need more weapons, I only have six rifles and maybe a dozen pistols. Ammo too, need more ammo."
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Quamie » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:23 pm

After Maverick left the infirmary and Ameri finished her soup, she cleaned up the infirmary, which really didn't take very long, and then returned her bowl to the galley. She headed to clean up, washing the grime from her skin and hair. It was relaxing, and left her feeling quite refreshed.

Then, it was to her room, where she released the lock, running slender fingers thoughtfully over the painted forms and flow of her name. The voices on the bridge washed over her, relaxing, homey somehow, despite the strange cadences.

Inside her room, she shed the dirty clothes and pulled on clean ones. They were still second hand, hand-me-downs given her by others. The fabric was soft, long sleeves which soothed her skin, a worn belt, loose pants a couple sizes too big, and worn, comfortable belts.

Still tired, but much refreshed and looking sights better, Ameri appeared a few minutes later in the doorway of the engine room, sitting out of the way to watch Kynthia at work.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:29 am

Lucy began to listen to Maverick as she was finishing up her stew and nearly dropped the bowl when he had said something. "You...you would get new seats for me? You really don't have to do that."

Granted, the seats were a bit...ok...were VERY worn. Where was she going with this? She couldn't remember, she just sat there looking at Maverick trying to figure out if he was serious or not.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Saint » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:00 pm

"Lots of things that Kynthia told me she wanted to do to get the old girl back into shape, Lu. Seats are the least of the problem, but we'll fix them anyways." He also looked at a few of the panels. "Also, I'm sure we'll find new parts for our systems here and there."

He then looked at Sam, "Two rifles, two pistols only. However, buy some gorram grenades. You look anemic on grenades. And some clothing might be useful for you. It's going to get a bit colder around the parts we're headed to."

Of course, he pulled out the PA. "Everybody, we're about a half hour from Persephone! Get yer shopping lists together. We're going to shop in the docks, downtown, and get in some groceries for Kynthia. And we're getting new fridge put in!" He put down the PA mic.

"Next stop, Persephone."
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch