[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Episode 1: Rebirth of a King

Episode 1: Rebirth of a King

Firefly: Monarch is a sim based in the Firefly universe. The crew serves onboard a Firefly class starship running cargo, legal or not so legal.

Moderator: [Sim] Firefly: Monarch - Hosts

Postby Kris » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:07 am

"So someone agrees with me, finally," Lu said with an odd tone. Looking around as they walked, it had been a LONG time since she had been here. If anything went wrong, she would be the first to curse whoever or whatever it was for ruining her down time.
Kris: SLA Council Moderator
USS Lionheart First Officer (XO): Commander Christine Sterling
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
USS Mercutio Tactical Officer (TAC): First Lieutenant Brielle Jayde
Starbase 27 Chief Science Officer (CSO): Lieutenant Commander Nayeli Behar
SS Heimdall Medical & Employee Relations: Catrina (Cat) Kali Tendai
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:06 pm

"Hey Maverick, look. Nearly fresh supplies for the galley. Can we stop an' look at what's here?"

Kynthia had noticed a stall piled with the kind of produce that would last a while before becoming nasty. A week or two anyway. She could also see more stalls futhar down the side street.

"What do you think?"

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:28 am

He took a look at the stand with the goods on it. Ameri was still holding onto his arm, as insurance that the crew wasn't going to separate from each other. "I don't see why not, Kynthia. We need some veggies. While we're at it, we need some meat... That isn't dog or cat, of course." He handed her about 200 in Alliance paper, from his hidden pockets in his duster. "This should cover some of the veggies."

Tag- Kynthia

He looked at Sam and Lu. "We'll probably need to check the furniture store for the galley wares. The Mule will be needed, of course, to get everything on the ship. Check on seeing if we can get them to come in and put in our new food units, too. If we have to pay a hefty fee for that, I want those gorramned folks to do some service."

Tag- Sam and Lu

Then, he smiled at the lady, "As for you, little Ameri, we'll get into the boutiques. Also, medical supply stores. I'd rather not be caught out of stock if any shootin' or stabbin' happens." He knew that medical supplies were a must.

"And I know of a good art store, too. Some oils and waters to finish up things, of course."

Tag- Ameri
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Quamie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:25 pm

Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:34 am

Lu nodded as she heard Maverick and then looked over at Ameri. "We've got the money Ameri, no point letting it go to waste." She placed a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder. "Besides, he's letting all of us get things we don't really need. From what I've understood, they are gonna try to get me into a new outfit or two. And I don't need the new chair, but mine is wearing out. Come on, splurge a little." She smiled, hoping it would help.
USS Potemkin Second Officer (2O) & Chief Science Officer (CSO): Commander Jayla Rollands
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:36 pm

Maverick took a look at the stand with the goods on it. Ameri was still holding onto his arm, as insurance that the crew wasn't going to separate from each other. "I don't see why not, Kynthia. We need some veggies. While we're at it, we need some meat... That isn't dog or cat, of course." He handed her about 200 in Alliance paper, from his hidden pockets in his duster. "This should cover some of the veggies."

Kynthia smiled suddenly. A strange glint appeared in her eyes as she accepted the paper.

She approached the stall, cracking her fingers. Her eyes flickered up at the stall owner for a second before she began to inspect the produce.

Kynthia nodded in satisfaction. This was acceptable, even buried under showbest. She settled in for a decent haggle.

Finally they shook hands, nodded sharply and money exchanged hands. The owner turned towards his runnerboy and issued several sharp orders.

Kynthia returned to the group, dusting her hands off in satisfaction, a grin on her face.

"We got us enough munchies for at least three weeks. They'll deliver 'em at about sundown. From the stock that isn't on show too. That's my good news. The bad is that it cost about half as much again as it oughter. Says there's bullyboys on the march round here."

She put a hand into her basket and pulled out some apples.

"Samples anyone?"

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:27 am

Maverick pulled out the apple and pulled out a pocket knife to cut it. He had some slight phobias from the notorious Kowlan battle, where the Alliance and Independents traded "special" apples back and forth.

"I understand their fears with the bullyboys. Don't want to cause them any concern..." As they all walked into the downtown streets, the scenery turned into a more modernized world-at-large. A row of boutiques were lined up neatly on a main street. "We're in town, ladies. Let's make the most of it."

He looked at Ameri, "The reason I'm spendin' the money is because we can. No arguements about the waters and oils, dear. You'll lose and buy them anyways." He smiled after he said that.

Tag - Ameri

"Sam, here's 1000. See what goodies you can round up for your toys. The rest of us will be inside this clothing store, here."

Tag - All
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Kris » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:05 am

Eying the clothing shop, Lu cringed a little. "We are going in...here?" The displays outside, they did not suit her. She just hoped maybe there was something inside that was more to her liking. No one was getting her into a frilly dress or anything frilly at all. Not unless...someone said she looked really nice in it that is.
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Tavey » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:31 am

Kynthia looked at the store and then back at Maverick.

"I got everything I need Cap'n." Her face was a little pale. "Thankin' you though for the thinkin' of it."

Clothes.

Girl Clothes.

She just didn't 'do' girl clothes.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:50 am

Ameri took the offered apple with a smile to Kynthia, taking immense pleasure in eating it. It was fresh, crunchy, and full of flavor. That was one thing about living out on the Rim rather than on the Core. It made you appreciate the little things more. At home, Ameri had never really tasted food- it wasn't until living on the Monarch that she'd realized what a wonderful sense taste really was.

Maverick looked at Ameri, "The reason I'm spendin' the money is because we can. No arguements about the waters and oils, dear. You'll lose and buy them anyways." He smiled after he said that.

Ameri nodded, lowering her eyes, but smiled back a little. The Captain's generosity was truly touching. Her eyes flickered over the shops. They needed medical supplies, ship furniture, clothing, and an art and decor shop.

The other girls were pausing around a clothing shop, and one of the pieces of fancy there in the window caught Ameri's eye. Dreamily, she let go of Maverick's arm and went to the window, drawing slender fingers across the field of the display, her mouth unconsciously open in an 'o'.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Sam Crerar » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:55 pm

Sam took the money, stuffing it into her pocket. "T'anks" she said with her mouth full of an apple slice. Unlike other veterans of the war, Sam had cut her apples before the war. Growing up on a planet like Santos, you couldn't trust there not to be a drug of some sort in there. Oxygenated, they tended to smell like drugs, but inside a pretty piece of fruit, it was the perfect way to nab an unsuspecting stranger and pull them into slavery. Tended to make one a little paranoid.

Heading off towards a fairly dark alley, Sam went over what she wanted to get, and who she'd hurt to get it.
Sam Crerar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Saint » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:34 am

He saw Ameri head to the window and look at the dress with the look of a child on her face. "Ladies, I think our young lady found something of wonder to her. And this place isn't all girl clothes, either. I came here to buy hats and dusters, too. It's an all for one."

He saw Sam headed off into the alleys and whispered to himself. "Careful, youngin'. Don't wanna try to pull you outta trouble."

He then saw Ameri still looking in the window. "C'mon, girls. It's not all frilly, they also got functional, too." He looked at Ameri and put an arm around her shoulder. "If you want it, say it. It'll be yours."

Tag All
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Kris » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:13 am

Chuckling at Ameri, Lu looked into the shop window. If someone managed to get her into one of those dresses, just maybe she would buy one. Otherwise, she would buy her normal clothes. She had only ever dressed up for one person, and that person was dead now. She never had any reason to dress up anymore, she just wore the same outfits, never really changed. No one knew about that part of her past, and they might never find out.

Tag-anyone
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Quamie » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:46 am

There was still wonder on Ameri's face when she looked up at Maverick as he put his arm around her. They went in, and she took Kynthia's hand in her other hand, bringing her with to see various bits of pretty. Lu certainly wasn't left out, for often Ameri would hold up dresses she thought would look good on the pilot for her to examine.

She stayed away from the ballgown section and concentrated on the more casual fancies. It didn't take long for her to pick something out for herself- a summer dress. It was a sunny yellow knee-length dress with a bow around the waist and thin straps for her shoulders. There were accents of blue, and on the skirt half, flowers of pink, red, yellow and green. She also found two flowing skirts, one knee-length and the other calf length, and held them all up to Maverick with a quiet "Please?"
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Saint » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:17 am

Maverick looked at the clothes that Ameri held up. "Alright." He smiled and nodded at her. He handed over about 500 in paper to the clerk, who was stunned to see the old cowboy with that much money.

He saw the look on Lu's face. "I think the young one found some casual dresses you'd look mighty nice in. Especially that blue number. And maybe that pin striped number, too... And that red Chinese dress she held up. Well, if you're not into dresses, there's a red suit in that same style."

He looked over at the gentleman's wear, as a clerk came up to him, "Sir, would you like a gentleman's suit, perhaps. I have one with a long coat and a matching hat to your style"

He glanced at the women, "What do you figure, ladies?"
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:18 am

Kynthia suddenly decided to join in.

She giggled. An impish gleam in her eyes.

"C'mon. Tryin' them on is free ain't it?"

Laughing, she headed towards the ball gowns.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:24 am

He saw the look on Lu's face. "I think the young one found some casual dresses you'd look mighty nice in. Especially that blue number. And maybe that pin striped number, too... And that red Chinese dress she held up. Well, if you're not into dresses, there's a red suit in that same style."

He looked over at the gentleman's wear, as a clerk came up to him, "Sir, would you like a gentleman's suit, perhaps. I have one with a long coat and a matching hat to your style"

He glanced at the women, "What do you figure, ladies?"

Ameri gave him a grin and nodded emphatically before following Kynthia to the ball gowns and handing her a particularly fancy one. The quiet-spoken medic had an eye for color and style, probably rooted in her Core upbringing.
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Kris » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:26 am

Looking at the dresses, Lu gave in. Ameri's face was enough to make her try them on. Coming out in each of them, she had to admit, she didn't look half bad in them, especially the red Chinese one. "Ok, I give! I'll take the red one and the blue one. But I'm finding a new jacket and a few new shirts before I pay if that's ok Mav?" She watched the other two wonder off to the ball gowns and that was one place she wasn't going, no way!

Tag-Maverick
Kris
Council Moderator
Council Moderator

Postby Saint » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:36 am

"Alright, Lu. There's a section for business women, if you're headed in that direction." He was getting dragged to the tailoring stand, after the clerk saw Ameri's smile and nod.

"Sir, you're a pretty fit man for your age. A soldier..." The tailor pulled out his tape measure. "6 feet and 2 inches. Nice height. Nice stocky build. You can take a double breasted suit with long coat. I think a nice black for you. Considering you're a ranch man with money... You aren't going to look fit for a tie. So, we'll find an arrangement of bolo ties for your suit." The tailor sized him up for a hat. "7 even on your head."

As the women were scattering in the ballroom section, the man began work on the suit. "Sir, stand straight for me." As the women were going around the store, the tailor began his work in earnest on the Captain...
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:41 am

Kynthia looked at the mass of frippery that Ameri handed her. Then took off to the changing room with a grin.

She had no intention of getting anything new and this was a good way to use up time until they had to leave.

She even tried to make her hair look less hacked off with a blunt knife.

"Well?" she asked emerging in a floor length empire waist dress. It was pale blue with darker blue bows around the neckline. There was a ribbon that hung down the back from her waist to almost the floor.

"Shiny. Ameri - you try this one."

She found a rich red one for Ameri to try.

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Quamie » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:48 am

Ameri took the one Kynthia handed her and emerged from the dressing room seconds later. The red silk draped her frame like she was born to wear it, too-thin though she was. She had cleaned up well on the ship and in the dress, save for her hair, she looked just about ready for a ball.

"We should all get something pretty," Ameri told Kynthia, suddenly excited as she saw Lu getting some dresses and Maverick getting a suit. "We can celebrate on the ship and everyone dress up! I mean, not this dressed up, but something suitable. Do you have a dress, Kynthia? Does Sam?"
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Saint » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:10 am

The tailor had crafted the parts of the suit for Maverick, as he was sizing up the old man, a question came up for him. "So, how ill fittin' is this gonna be, sir?"

"Not at all. You need room to move around, hence the double breasted. Which is also a good place for gun play... Colonel." The tailor looked at him, and smiled.

The old man looked at the tailor. "Carmichael... What are you..."

"No time, old bean. You're in a bit of trouble. 41 is here. As soon as I finish up this suit, get the goods you need, fast. I'll keep them delayed if they ask for you. They're after one of your girls."

"Which one..."

"The gun..."

-------

Four cloaks had been following Sam down the alley. Only thing that could be heard among them... "That's her. Move?"

Another voice can be heard on the other end. "Negative. Let her get her goods. Don't want her spooked. Yet."

-------

"Ladies, pick up what you want fast. Get our stuff and be on our merry. While we're at it, we need to grab Sam!"
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:31 am

Maverick said

"Ladies, pick up what you want fast. Get our stuff and be on our merry. While we're at it, we need to grab Sam!"

Kynthia took one look at Maverick and promptly headed for the changing room to get back into her own clothes. She sighed, just a little at the dress.

When she emerged from the changing room, she handed the dress to the attendant. "It sure is shiny. Thanks for the chance to wear somethin' so nice for a bit. You got an underthings for my size?"

Ever practical, Kynthia had realised what she did need.

"I'm ready Cap'n. You want I should go a-huntin' Sam?"

TAG > Maverick

Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Saint » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:43 am

"I think we should all go a-hunting... We might be in a bit of trouble. Get the refrigeration set, Kynthia." He nodded to her. "I'll pay for the items and keep a hand on Ameri. You and Lu go find Sam."

He waved for Ameri, "We're headed for the medical shoppe and the art shoppe, dear. Kynthia and Lu are headed for Sam. So, hang onto me."

He then handed the signature silver coin to Kynthia. "You know what this means according to maritime laws... Do your best, my right hand."
Saint
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Quamie » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:32 pm

"Are we in trouble?" Ameri asked as the others headed out the door. She quickly grabbed a dress that looked similar to what Kynthia had set down and then approximated Sam's size and found a nice dress suit. There was a vague worry on her mind as she found what she was looking for and hurried back to Maverick, as if her mind wasn't wholly on what she was doing.

"Should we just go back?" she worried. "I'll pay you back for these, I promise."
Quamie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly: Monarch