Battlestar Galactica... Pitch

This section is set up for sims and groups to advertise! Expand your recruiting efforts through the SLA. Remember, no insulting other groups. Your group is expected to be on good terms with the SLA before you post AND we expect all posters to be regular users of Ten-Forward (IE: You can't just post here for ads).

Battlestar Galactica... Pitch

Postby josh » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:54 am

Hey all, I know the idea of a Battlestar simm was pitched a while back, but was not received well. I'm going to try again, but with a different suggestion, the issue with Battlestar is that it's TOO big. Your on a ship the size of an aircraft carrier, probably even bigger, and with the same vast number of crew members on board. The problem is that trying to run a simm that size gets disconnected very quickly, just like the simm I participated in did. We got very divided from one another very quickly, the Viper and Raptor pilots from CIC and the Marine contengent. So my thoughts to correct this problem are to:

A) Slim it down, pick one or two areas for simmers to crew from, ex: Pilots and CIC, CIC and Marines, etc.
B) The more complex idea of switch it every mission, kind of like they did in the series, one episode is focused on the pilots and another is on the CIC, etc

Thoughts, ideas, put downs, etc.

Let me know!

Oh and some work from the simm I was part of:
Corporal Justin "Spot" Dodd (1st Btn. 75th Ranger Reg.), Point-man/Assaulter, SG-6
josh
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: Battlestar Galactica... Pitch

Postby josh » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Corporal Justin "Spot" Dodd (1st Btn. 75th Ranger Reg.), Point-man/Assaulter, SG-6
josh
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Tavey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:00 pm

I'd be interested in hearing more - Josh could you PM me with some ideas?

Thanks.
Tavey.

"Oh Bother." Said The Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."
Tavey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby pugstia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:00 am

Very interested keep me informed.
pugstia
Officer Candidate
Officer Candidate