[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Current Log Thread

Current Log Thread

Here lies Zealous logs... show them off to the rest of the board, or use the space if the mailstring is down.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Postby llbirdnow1 » Sun May 02, 2004 1:14 pm

When the Captain called her name for the promotions, Jalovel had been surprised. She hadn't expected a promotion. And to Lieutenant 2nd Class. She couldn't think of anything overly spectacular that she had done to merit a promotion. Perhaps the Captain had made a mistake. But no, the woman seemed to be very capable. She just saw something in Jalovel that she herself could not see.

Murdock was grinning at her the whole time and Jalovel blushed all the more as she felt his eyes upon her. For the first time in a long time, Jalovel actually began to feel good about herself. In the back of her mind, she could still hear the voices. The voices that told her she didn't deserve this. The voices that told her it was all a big mistake. The voices she pushed away, down deep inside her so they wouldn't ruin this moment in time for her. All she asked for was this one small moment - this small moment in time to relish in the glory of accomplishment!

And when it was all over, Jalovel sat back down at the table next to Murdock. Her eyes were lit with the fire of excitement, and she smiled at the man, a true smile that reflected a rare moment of happiness for her. "I believe you were going to tell me what brought you to the Zealous..." and into my life, she added silently, to herself.

Tag - Murdock

Lt. 2nd Class Amina Jalovel
Medical Officer
USS Zealous
llbirdnow1

promotion

Postby trikejacob » Sun May 02, 2004 1:31 pm

Jake's heart leaped when he heard his name called! He couldn't remember the last time he had been so happy. 'Lt Jr. Grade Jake Spade' Boy he liked the sound of that!
And then she continued by telling him he was also now the Assistant Cheif of Operations. He didn't see that coming at all! He was so proud of himself and couldn't wait to contact his parents back on Earth to tell them the good news.
He managed to glance at Lt. Tiana Sullivan, the head of his department. She looked happy for him.
After the ceremony Jake decided to stay for a little bit shaking hands with other crewmembers. He thought he saw Lt. Sullivan heading towards him but was soon stopped by the Assistant CMO.
Tomorrow he would definitely have to the Doctor about his eyes.
But for now he thought he should get some rest and head for his quaters.

Tag: Anyone

Lt. Jr. Grade Jake Spade
Assistant Ops
Zealous
trikejacob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sun May 02, 2004 2:13 pm

Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon May 03, 2004 4:12 pm

Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Postby H M Murdock » Tue May 04, 2004 3:47 pm

Jalovel had been promoted? That was definitely a pleasant and unexpected surprise. Then again, he didn't know her that well, and hadn't been around her for that long to know what her accomplishments had been. Still, Murdock was thrilled to hear that she had been given a higher rank.

He smiled at her, and noted that she also seemed to be just as shocked, but also happy. As long as she was happy, that was what was important.

After the last promotions were handed out, it seemed as if the gathering was starting to break up. With the exception of a few, it seemed as if a good number of people had left, leaving Murdock and Jalovel a chance to talk relatively in peace.

He listened as she promptly returned the conversation to what they had been discussing right at the time that the promotions were handed out. He drew in a breath. Apparently, she didn't know. Then again, with the exception of the former command staff, and perhaps currently Taneth, Captain Ja'arda, and Commander Dillard, none of the crew really knew. It must have been classified within his record.

"Well, it's a bit of a secret, but I trust you. I didn't actually find the Zealous . . . she sorta found me," Murdock mentioned, only to see that she was confused by what he had said. "I'm not from this time."

He wasn't quite sure how she would react to that revelation, much less what questions she would have for him. He waited to give her a chance to ask whatever she wanted to learn.

Tag: Jalovel

Lt Cmdr. Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
Time is a fine storyteller, and history a fond student.
-- Hannibal, "The Big Squeeze"
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed May 05, 2004 9:16 am

Captain Ja'arda exited her Ready Room and noticed that a new officer was now sitting at the helm controls. He introduced himself as Will Connors. "Welcome aboard the Zealous, Ensign. What's our course?" she inquired.

"We're enroute to the Dandori Sector," he responded after glancing over the console.

"And our velocity?" she added.

"Warp 6," Connors answered.

"Increase speed to Warp 8, and inform me the moment we enter the Dandori Sector. I'll be in my Ready Room," she informed him, giving command of the Bridge once again back to Commander Dillard.

She sat down behind her desk, trying to come up with a plan. Not only did she need updated reports on repairs to the ship, following their encounter with the Tarmon Ay, but she also had to speak with Lieutenant Gine - to employ her help with acquiring the Crystal of Location.

After a moment, Ti'ana Sullivan entered her Ready Room to inform her about a problem with one of the Turbolifts. A feeling started to settle into the pit of Azanailix's stomach - one that wasn't very pleasant. Something was coming, or rather someone. Had Jake been informed already of what the Counselor had insisted upon?

For a moment, Zania felt a real fear for her life. With Jake enraged, it was likely that he would transform into the Construct. If that happened, she would be in real danger.

"Captain, are you feeling okay?" Ti'ana asked.

"I'm not sure," Captain Ja'arda said, not wanting to reveal her fears just in case if they were unfounded.

"Do you want me to call Jake?" she wondered.

"No, that's not necessary," Azanialix responded, hoping that she was wrong about what she was feeling. "Thank you, Lieutenant. Keep me informed on the Turbolift situation."

Ti'ana nodded, and then left the Ready Room, leaving Captain Ja'arda alone with her thoughts, her emotions, and her fears . . .

Captain Azanialix Ja'arda
CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Guest » Wed May 05, 2004 9:38 am

"Yes ma'am" Connors responded as the Captain re-entered her ready room . Sliding his finger up the tan L-CAR in the center of the panel, he increased the Zealous's speed up to Warp 8. According to his data readout, they were twenty-two minutes from the Dandori system at their present rate of speed. After running a small diagnostic on a malfunctioning thruster, he laid back in his seat. The relaxation he was experiencing soon dissapated as the ship shuddered.

"Report!" Commander Dillard ordered. Will checked over the console display, franctically running diagnostics on everything until he uncovered the problem. The bussard collector on the port dorsal nacelle had been damaged in the previous attack. The manifold that connected it to the drive coils was cracked. When spped was increased to Warp 8, the seal failed and the collector ruptured, spilling plasma out of the nacelle.

"Sir, the port-dorsal nacelle's bussard collector has ruptured, I have to shut it down or the driver coils will implode. The nacelle is also leaking plasma."

"Very well, lock down the nacelle and seal the leak." Dillard ordered.

"Yes sir." The ship continued to shudder as Will disconected the plasma feed to the nacelle and erected a dampening field. The Nacelle darkened and Will compensated for the loss of acceleration on that side. He reduced speed to Warp 7. Captain Ja'arda emerged from her ready room.

<TAG> Ja'arda

Postby Josh Dworkin » Wed May 05, 2004 11:42 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lieutenant James Holderer
Chief of Operations
USS Ark Royal NCC-7133-A

Hey! Contact me on AIM. I welcome conversation.
Josh Dworkin
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Jake Sjet » Wed May 05, 2004 3:16 pm

Jake stormed from the turbo lift, ultra violet light seemed to glow from his shoulder like obsidian fire, their heated tongues lapping at the ceiling.
But no one could see the spectrum of ultra violet, so the only way to see the seething demands of his anger were by his tortured and contoured face.

He could smell the sudden sweet tang of fear, its scent intoxicating the basic primal part of his mind. He made his way quickly to the doors that would lead to an answer, or a brutal mistake. But that was before a man stepped in front of him, his eyes where a bloodied red, barring his way with words.

"Let me through," Jake said coldly, his voice seeming to drop the ambient temperature as well "I wish only to speak to her. Unless she gives me due reason to seek harm I wish-"
Sjet and the stranger were suddenly sent to the floor as the Zealous lurched drunkenly, and a startled crewman screamed about a technological part of the ship that was damaged. As he rolled off the floor, spring lightly to his feet he noticed something depart from the captain's ready room.
"You…"

As Captain Ja'arda walked onto the Bridge, she had to steady herself from the sudden movement, lest be thrown over the railing and onto the circular floor below, where the chairs were for the Operations officer and Helm officer.
That's when she heard it, and her growing fear had been confirmed.

Jake was here, and he seemed to be out for blood - her blood. Her face paled when she saw just how angry he was. If the Construct fed on his anger, it would likely take control and force Jake to do something that he would undoubtely regret in the future. It could drive him to kill one of the two people who risked their lives to bring Jake back from the verge of death - to kill Azanialix Ja'arda.

She stood completely still, remaining silent, just to try and see what he would do.
"You call your self a captain of the united federation of planets?" he voice bit into the tensed atmosphere of the bridge as the man he'd knocked down began to collect himself up off the floor "You think to call your self a open minded individual? Anything you say can only be twisted by your venomous tongue."

He balled his fists, the light from his being seeming to began to oscillate "I thought you were honourable, I didn't know it was custom to have my friends carry out your dirty work."
"Just as it is unbecoming of a Starfleet officer to throw around accusations without knowing the truth!" she countered, his anger starting to overwhelm her emotions, to also drive her to anger. She tried to keep it under control, but his close proximity was making it hard.

She had to divert what was going on. She didn't want most of the crew knowing about what was happening, especially with what the Counselor had forced her into. It would be for his benefit if it could be handled privately. "If you will calm down, I will explain it in private - in my Ready Room."
He nodded slightly and walked in, and looked about.
And right into the eyes of Ti'ana, and for the briefest of moments the anger disappeared and was gone. Replaced by…something, something Jake knew nothing of and felt alien to it. But it couldn't be wrong could it? Something that felt...right, something that made the anger go away.

"Ti'ana please leave," his eyes dropped to the floor quickly "for my own sake please."
"No, Jake what's going on?" she asked, he still did not look up to meet her gaze. He simple side stepped, grabbed her by the arms and lifted her gentle into the air. Trying not to bump her head on the door frame as he moved her from the ready room he briefly caught her eyes again. And in doing so his heart wailed in pain, as though given a mortal wound.
Jake tapped on the door controls, and they slid shut.

Another command and they were locked with the sound of hydraulic rams.
"Speak." He whispered to the captain, his back turned.
Azanialix took a deep and cleansing breath, although it couldn't stop the feelings and emotions that were rampaging through her soul. "Jake, I wasn't strong enough, and I'm sorry," she told him, her voice dripping with sorrow.

"Its okay," Jake's voice seemed to speak softly, quietly, his head still turned from the woman he had once called captain and friend "you did everything you could. You can't help being what you are...I've learnt that."
"You don't understand. The decision to . . . I never wanted it to come to that. Despite everything, I trust you. I always have, and I always will. I was backed into a corner, and was given no other choice," Zania noted, tears starting to form. She felt that she had hurt Jake, and there was no way to ever fix that with how angry he seemed. Not even his soft voice could bring her comfort.

"Its alright captain." His voice continued to say "I believe you. You never had to the decision to make in the first place, you were never able to comprehend what you were doing to me." He turned, his face angled down as he calmly continued "You've taken away the last constant in life, my work, my continuation for a halt to this disease. With out it I have nothing, and will becoming nothing in return. You cannot simply rip my heart out, my soul, and then detach your self of any commitment."

He looked up, allowing his eyes to look upon her. They were now streaked with black, like the veins of gold found in rock. His glow seemed to pulse eerily.
"You did this to me Zania." He said slowly "Your fear did this to me."
"No! I have never feared you. I never wanted you to not have a choice, but I was forced into the decision by our Chief Counselor. She countered every argument against removing you from duty with one of her own. She was so emphatic about it that she would have gone directly to Starfleet Command, and reported both of us," Zania pointed out.

In case if he didn't know, exactly, what that would have meant, she explained it for him, "You would have then ended up in some laboritory, a virtual guinea pig for Federation scientists. I didn't want to see your rights, as a Federation citizen, violated like that."
"A little late for the apologies and the speech Captain." He said "All a little to late." Anger began to bubble within him as long buried memories began to surface, lights, tables….and pain which seemed to transcend any definition, a pain straight from the depths of hell.

"As for the Federation, they've done enough for me." He reached up a hand to his neck and carefully plucked the two gold and one hollowed obsidian pip's from his neck "I no more part of his cabal, here of now I tender my resignation."
"Jake, I would be stupid to let you give up on your hopes, your dreams, your friends, and even your career. What if I refuse your resignation?" she wondered, hoping that he would see that she still wanted him as part of the crew.

"You won't Zania," he said simple, unclipping his combadge and placing it next to the pip's "cause you know I don't belong. The Zealous isn't into the business of taking on stray animals."

"You're wrong!" the Betazoid called out to him. "Look at Murdock, and even Kyo! They didn't belong here, but we've accepted them as part of the crew. You are no different, Jake. You are going through a difficult time right now, but you are part of this crew whether you like it or not. You belong with us, and you have many people who care about you, myself included. Don't shut us out!"

“I don’t have to shut my self out,” Jake said, as he turned one the heel of a boot and headed for the door “you and crew did that a long, long time ago.”
And with that he left, pushing aside the on lookers as the security team arrived phasers drawn on the monster called Jake Sjet. He brought up his hand, offer his wrist to them as through to make the job of binding them easier.
“What kept you?” he asked them with a smile.

TAG-People, and the security people.
A JP by
Captain Zania Ja’arda
And
Jake Sjet, Civilian
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet

Postby trikejacob » Wed May 05, 2004 3:21 pm

Lt. Spade lied awake in his bed thinking. He never could sleep easy. Tonight was worse than usual. He just kept thinking about his new promotion. Two promotions really. He was bound and determined not mess this up. He was going to tell the doctor about his eye problem first thing tomorrow. Then it would never interfere with his work again.
He had sent a message to his parents back home just before he went to bed. He told them about his promotion thinking they would be so proud of him. He also told them he was going to see someone about his problem. He didn't write specifically in the message it was his eye problem. But they would know what he was talking about. They were the only two besides him who knew of his eye problem. He wondered what they would think of it.
He just hoped he wouldn't suddenly decide tomorrow to postpone telling a doctor about it. He had tendency to procrastinate dealing with such things.

Lt. Jr. Grade Jake Spade
Assistant Chief of Operations
Zealous
trikejacob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Quamada » Wed May 05, 2004 6:21 pm

Ameri Chayton Webber
Medic, Firefly: Monarch

Pain Briac and Ashlin Saggittarius
Firefly: Genesis
Quamada
Captain
Captain

Postby H M Murdock » Thu May 06, 2004 10:44 am

H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby trikejacob » Thu May 06, 2004 11:14 am

Jake had finally fallen asleep when the ship suddenly lurched violently waking him up fully again. He was ashamed to say that the first thing he thought of was cursing the ship for waking him when he had just gotten to sleep.
Immediately after that, worry set in. What was wrong? Where they under attack? The Red Alert was going off.
He decided he wasn't going to get back to sleep very soon so he got out of bed. He quickly put on a yellow and black uniform that labeled him as an engineering or security officer (or in this case, Operations officer) and headed for the Bridge to see what was the matter.

Tag: Bridge people

Jr. Lt. Jake Spade
Assistant chief of Operations
Zealous
trikejacob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Guest » Thu May 06, 2004 11:15 am

Commander Murdock emerged from the turbolift and jostled down the bridge steps. Walking around the XO's computer terminal, he pulled one of the railed chairs out from under the helm console and took a seat next to Connors.

"Whats the status here Ensign?" Murdock asked.

"Bussard Collector in the port dorsal nacelle ruptured. I contained the plasma leak but our speed has been reduced to Warp 7. Worse, their are three Tarmon Ay scouts waiting for us at Dandori, and we are only sixteen minutes out."

"Damn, I thought we were clear of their space?" Murdock said.

"Well, apparently, they acquired new territory." Connors engaged the backup interial dampeners and closed the ramscoop on the striken nacelle. He was able to increase the Zealous's speed up to warp 7.5.

"I managed to get us another half of a warp factor increase in speed." he added

"Good job Ensign, what's your name?" he asked.

"Ensign William J. Connors, sir, just call me Will."

<TAG> Murdock

Ensign William James Connors
Backup Flight Controller
USS Zealous NCC-59653

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu May 06, 2004 12:08 pm

I hate to put on the Host Hat, but there's something that needs to be clarified:

The Tarmon Ay are not in the Dandori Sector. They have been referenced since they are the last species that the Zealous crew ran across, and created damage to the ship during our encounters.

The Kzinti are on the planet that the Zealous is currently traveling to in order to retrieve the Crystal of Location, which is in the Museum of Felonian Heritage.
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Guest » Thu May 06, 2004 12:20 pm

Sorry, please change my mention of Tarmon Ay to Kzinti

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu May 06, 2004 12:44 pm

Captain Azanialix Ja'arda was stunned. Jake believed that she and the crew shut him out long time ago. How could he think something like that? He had made several close friends from among the crew, and even the Betazoid Captain had thought of Jake as a close and trusted friend.

He exited her Ready Room, not even retrieving his Combadge or rank pips, and literally surrendered himself to awaiting security officers.

Jake's actions had gained the attention of just about everyone on the Bridge, as well as some of those who had just arrived including Murdock, Jake Spade, and a new Science officer, Kathryn Gallagher.

Melissa Richards also arrived, noting how devastated the Captain looked by Sjet's decision. She immediately tried to apologize to the former Medical officer, trying to take the blame away from Azanialix. Based on the look within his eyes, as well as how the Captain was feeling after her confrontation, perhaps the Counselor could finally understand why she had wanted to avoid relieving Jake of duty.

Kyo offered to go with Jake when he would be escorted away, but Captain Ja'arda refused. "No, Ensign. We need you here on the Bridge. Lieutenant Tyler is occupied, so it is your responsibility to get me any intelligence you can on G7 in the Dandori sector. I want to know specifically what's on the planet, the threat level if any, and where that museum is that we need to find."

Turning to the new Science officer, Zania recommended, "Ensign Gallagher, I'd like you to work with Ensign McCloud. See what types of scientific discoveries the residents of G7 have, and how we can defeat certain components."

Her attention turned back to Jake, her eyes silent and filled with sorrow as she waited on baited breath for what would happen. She hated to see it happen to him . . .

Tag: Anyone!

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby trikejacob » Thu May 06, 2004 5:18 pm

Lt. Spade arrived on the Bridge about the same time Murdock did just in time to the ship's Chief Medical Officer Jake S'jet being escorted out by a security team. It seems he had just missed some very interesting events. Looking around the Bridge he saw that everyone was either still working or going back to working at their stations. He saw Ti'ana was at Ops and so took an empty station along the back wall of the Bridge.

Tag: Anyone in the Bridge

Jr. Lt. Jake Spade
Ass. Chief Ops
Zealous
trikejacob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby llbirdnow1 » Fri May 07, 2004 4:57 am

Murdock's news had shocked Jalovel at first. He wasn't from this time... then when was he from? He had been about to tell her, about to let her know the story behind his odd statement when Ducane interrupted. And Jalovel knew from the look in Murdock's eyes that he was disappointed in not being able to speak to her further, to explain whatever had happened to him. And she was afraid he mistook her silence for shock, when in reality, she didn't know what to say.

After promising to meet him later on, Jalovel headed towards the indicated turbolift, stopping only long enough to get a med kit. Hopefully, whoever was trapped in side would be okay and wouldn't need her services. But she would be there, just in case.

"Are you okay in there?" Nothing but silence greeted Jalovel. Well, whoever was inside the lift was either too injured to speak or had been knocked unconscious. She would have to find another way in and treat the injured person. Which meant going in through the turboshaft. With a sigh, Jalovel pulled open the nearest access panel and crawled inside.

In no time at all, Jalovel climbed the ladder to the stuck turbolift car, and carefully made the jump onto it. She then shimmied her way through the top and into the car. The first thing she noticed was the man lying on the floor of the lift, obviously injured. A quick scan with the medical tricorder told Jalovel all she needed to know.

"Jalovel to Ducane. I'm in the turbolift and preparing to treat the injured Ensign. Looks like a blow to the head. I think he'll be alright. Let me know when to expect the turbolift to go back on line." Jalovel lapsed into silence again. She wasn't used to making such lengthy speeches and wondered if it was Murdock's influence on her again. She shook her head again to clear her thoughts. This was no time to be thinking about the man. Turning back to the ensign, Jalovel picked up the dermal generator and set about repairing the cut.

<<tag Anthony if you wake before we get you out, Ducane, and whoever is working on getting the lift moving again.>>

Lt. Amina Jalovel
Medical Officer
USS Zealous
llbirdnow1

Postby AlexanderJames » Sat May 08, 2004 12:02 am

OFF: Sorry so short, just trying to get back into things here ;)

ON:

James had obviously been out of the loop for awhile. The ship shuddered and the red alert sounded. Just before he reached the bridge on the turbo lift, it had been cancelled. Apparently it turned out to be something in the ships systems, and they were not under attack. He proceeded to the Helm to begin his shift.

Tag<Bridge Crew>
Ensign Alexander James
Operations
U.S.S. Zealous
N.C.C.-59653
AlexanderJames
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby H M Murdock » Sat May 08, 2004 7:55 am

H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Ensign Vaskel » Sat May 08, 2004 10:35 am

Ensign Vaskel

Postby Ken_D_HT » Sat May 08, 2004 7:39 pm

Ken_D_HT

Postby Lucasausems » Sun May 09, 2004 6:10 am

While Luke was finally easing down a bit during his conversation with the blond Beaty, the ship shuddered and the Red Alert sounded. Mellissa tripped from her barstool, he caught her safely in his arms just in time.

'The Tarmon Ay!', Luke thought out loud. They had come back, to take him away. No! Not again! Ever! He would fight them, or die trying... To die one more time wasn't that big a deal anyway.
He hadn't realised he was still holding Mellissa, and let her go. 'Are you alright'?, she nodded. Luke wasted no time and made his way towards the bridge, during his journey up there, he was haunted by demons from the past, the first series of their 'questioning'. He remembered the wall, the guns pointed at him, the bullets flying through him. The gladiator fight in the Colosseum, he was decapitated, he saw his head leave his body. The woman, the knife, the...He was startled by the sudden stop of the Turbolift. Immediately he walked out and stood at his Tactical console. 'Shields and weapons brought online, those Tarmon Ay are going to get it n...', he checked his readings, the Tarmon Ay were no where in sight.. How could that be? The ship was attacked wasn't it? Or perhaps not...

'Attention all crew there is currently a plasma leak on deck 6 please evacuate that deck and stay away form that deck until the repair team have resolved the problem.'

'That damn Vaskel', a thought shot through Lukes' mind

'Ehhm, I'm bringing them offline again', Luke said a bit embarrassed he then noticed three ships. 'Captain, three ships are aproaching us, shall I hail them?', Luke asked.
He couldn't even begin to imagine how glad he was about being wrong on the Tarmon Ay..

Tag: Mellissa, Captain, Bridge

Lt. 1st Class Luke Osswell
Chief Tactical
USS Zealous

Dragon Squadron
Luke Helios
Pilot
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sun May 09, 2004 12:42 pm

Captain Ja'arda closed her eyes and lowered her head as Jake Sjet was being led off the Bridge by Security. She hated this, all of this, and wish that it never happened. Unfortunately, there was no way to undo what had already been done - to change the past. Sorrow filled her heart, not only for what she had done by not standing up for someone she had considered a friend, but also for Jake and the difficult road that he now had ahead of him.

Because he had resigned, life aboard the Zealous would be much more difficult. Some would still try to turn to him, believing that he was still the Chief Medical Officer. Some would consider him as an outcast now that he no longer was a Starfleet officer.

Jake seemed to give up on his friendship with the Betazoid Captain, despite her wanting to smooth things over and repair the damage. That was probably the thing that hurt her the most. She cared about Jake as a friend, and had a deep trust and respect for him - yet he was throwing all of that out the window, along with his career, which he had worked so hard on.

All she could do was hope that his other friends would not abandon him in this time of need and, one day, the rift that had grown between the two of them could be healed.

Melissa Richards exited the Bridge, and Luke Osswell arrived moments later. He was looking well, considering what he probably endured at the hands of the Tarmon Ay. After a moment, he announced that those three ships were now leaving the Dandori sector, and on an intercept course. Luke then asked if he should hail the ships.

"No, don't hail them. If they're appraoching us now, when we're not even in their sector, it is not a good sign. With our plasma leak, it will be difficult to hide, and they could try to exploit our damage. Helm, come about, and put some distance between us and them," she ordered.

Turning to the other Helm officers present, she told them, "Commander, I'd like you to assemble an away team. You can select anyone you wish, although it has been requested that our guest, Kelly Larson, accompany you. Ensign James, you will pilot that shuttle. We'll try to repair the leak and join you under cloak, but a shuttle may be small enough to sneak through without being detected."

Murdock nodded, and then exited the Bridge along with Ensign James. After they departed, Captain Ja'arda requested, "Lieutenant Osswell, keep an eye on those ships. If one of them makes an aggressive move, inform me immediately. Lieutenant Sullivan, I'm placing you in charge of getting the full reports of damage to the ship following our encounters with the Tarmon Ay, and scheduling repairs. If anyone needs me, I'll be in Sickbay speaking to Lieutenant Ducane."

With a nod to Commander Dillard, Captain Ja'arda walked toward the Turbolift and exited the Bridge. Since Alex Ducane had managed to become a very close friend of Jake's, she figured that it would be best that she talk to him in person about recent events. The last thing she needed was to have any more crew members upset at her.

Tag: Murdock, Connors, James, Sullivan, Osswell, Ducane, and anyone!

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to Logs