[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SLA Ten Forward • View topic - Current Log Thread

Current Log Thread

Here lies Zealous logs... show them off to the rest of the board, or use the space if the mailstring is down.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Postby Quamada » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:00 am

It seemed that she had helped. Quamada grinned as Jake left. She hadn't caught his name, but she had made him feel better. Even if she feared she hadn't completely understood.

Her back was starting to hurt, so Quammy picked up and moved to a table. The lounge was deserted right now, and she was alone. Alone with her plans. The crew had been tense lately, and they hadn't had a good break in a while. Quamada hoped that her celebration would relax them. An Ensign, Tara Spradling, had offered to play her violin for a few minutes, and a Lieutinant, she thought, had told her he had a few songs lined up. There were a few other entertaining activities lined up- a juggling show, some dancers, and some other interesting shows.

Quamada finished going over the schedule of shows, and turned to food. She would have to consult with the cook about what he'd like to make. "Vin'Ti!" she called out, standing up and making her way in back to the kitchen.

"What, child?" the cook asked as he tasted a pot of whatever was steaming.

Quamada wrinkled her nose as he offered her some, and waved it away. She had learned that although Vin'Ti could make some very enticing food, some of his recipes did not agree with her. Vin'Ti and her had developed a warm friendship while she was there, especially since she had become Lounge Manager. He helped her fit in, and feel like she was fitting in.

"What are you planning to cook for the celebration?" Quamada asked, sniffing one of the other pots of steaming vegetables.

Vin'Ti promptly rattled off a long list of foods, some of which she had heard of, and some of which were completely foreign to her. About halfway through the list, Quamada broke out laughing, shaking her head.

"Okay- I trust you have it under control," she conceded.

Vin'Ti gave her one of his classic jovial grins in response.
Quamada
Captain
Captain

Postby llbirdnow1 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:24 am

Jalovel couldn’t believe she had ignored practically everyone in sickbay by taking care of Murdock, who really wasn't hurt that badly. But when he mentioned that she might need help, she had blushed. Jalovel knew that she should have been taking care of the others who were much more seriously wounded than him.

Especially Luke, who was looking rather pathetic and in pain. The young Bajoran medic quickly rushed to his side to give him a painkiller. Melissa was there and was apparently trying to send soothing thoughts his way. The painkiller seemed to be working and Luke had stopped thrashing about on the biobed.

Glancing up from her patient, Jalovel noticed that Murdock had left to help out someone else. For some strange reason, she couldn't help but miss him.

tag Luke, Murdock, Melissa, anyone in sickbay.

Ens. Amina Jalovel
Medical Officer
USS Zealous
llbirdnow1

Postby Lucasausems » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:03 am

After Luke lowered his hand, someone..a woman, came up to him. "Just relax, you're going to be
fine. I'm Counselor Melissa Richards." Luke had never met her. Or he had forgotten about her. Which would be understandable considering what he went through. How many times did he die? Too many times. This rose a question within him.. Was he really alive?? He had tried so hard to die, but they wouldn't let him, they wouldn't let him be. Maybe he did succeed. Maybe it worked, after that strange sensation of feeling like being in two places at the same time. Perhaps that was the moment he crossed over.
'Are you in pain?', the councelor asked. If Luke didn't know better, he'd found that comment humerous.
'Yes', he answered with a weak voice. But did he care? No. Pain was his companion now, the one thing that remained with him while all other things were lost and forgotten.
Then another woman walked up to him. It took him a while to remember...Jalovel. She pressed something against his neck. That was it. His friend that had kept him company during the darkest of times had left him. The pain was gone. He was alone.

Tag: Jalovel, Richards, rest of sickbay

Ensign Luke Osswell
Tactical Officer
USS Zealous

Dragon Squadron
Luke Helios
Pilot
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:26 pm

When Lt. Aynia had said that the Tarmon Ay warbird would not pose a challenge anymore, Captain Ja'arda let out a sigh of relief. The confrontation with the Tarmon Ay was like a dangerous game of chess. One wrong move on her part, and it would have been all over for the crew of the Zealous.

The thought about leaving this area was like a breath of fresh air. They had only temporarially dealt with the Tarmon Ay, and there was no doubt that Starfleet would encounter them again, but the crew of the Zealous was able to possibly buy the Federation some time to prepare for an attack.

Still, there was one more stop that they had to make before they could completely leave, and return to Federation space.

"Helm," Captain Ja'arda said, watching as the officer at that station turned around to listen to her orders. "Set course for Romulus. We have some guests that we need to return to their homeworld."

Lieutenant Vaskel and Lt. Aynia were excused from the Bridge, and Ensign Robinson returned to give her report on the events that took place within the Shuttlebay. Thankfully, the radiation exposure didn't last for too long, although it probably put Ti'ana Sullivan, who was already suffering from radiation poisoning, more at risk. Jake Sjet was a very capable medical officer and would be able to cure her, hence the reason why she had appointed him as Chief Medical Officer for the Zealous.

"Well done, Ensign," Azanialix expressed. "You've earned some time off duty. Everyone has, really. Feel free to take advantage of the recreational facilities, or to stop by the Lounge. I've heard that we gained a new lounge manager at our last stop."

There was just so much to do, that Zania hardly knew where to begin. "If anyone needs me, I'll be in my Ready Room. Alert me when we're near Romulus. Commander Dillard, you have the Bridge," Captain Ja'arda said as she stood.

She made her way over to the doors, which slid open as she neared them. Entering, she took a seat at her desk and buried her head in her hands for the moment. The situation had been very stressful, and even she would need a way of relieving that stress. Still, her responsibility and duty was to her crew.

There were many things that she had to start going over, including crew reports and possible promotions. Two things, at least, she could do right away. "Captain Ja'arda to Ensign Spade. When you return to duty, establish a communication channel with Admiral Granger. I need to brief him on our mission."

"Yes, Captain," he replied.

She was tempted to contact Sickbay and see how they were progressing with treating Luke Osswell, as well as to get a report on any other injuries as a result of the combat, but they were probably overwhelmed. Instead, she decided to try and get some more answers to her questions. "Lieutenant Taneth, please report to my ready room at your earliest convenience."

Tag: Spade, Robinson, Taneth, and anyone else who wants to talk to the Captain!

Captain Azanialix Ja'arda
CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Taneth » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:30 pm

[Bridge]
=Gine to Taneth= came a voice over the comm, =the intruder has been captured, we're starting our search for the explosives=
"Good, I'll meet you in engineering" Taneth replied. "Computer, return engineering control to main engineering" he said as he stepped into the turbolift. "Deck 9."
Taneth suddenly felt a wave of weakness, just as he had a few days ago. It was starting. He stopped by sickbay on the way down to engineering to see just how serious his condition was.

[Sickbay]
"So, Taneth, I understand you're not completely El'Aurian?" Ducane asked, waving the tricorder over him.
"Correct. I am one quater Vulcan."
"Hybrid blood poisoning."
"No kidding."
"How long ago was your last treatment?"
"23 years."
"Well this can wait. But I wouldn't recommend going without another transplant for more than a month. You can return to duty, but come back later."
Taneth nodded, and was about to leave when he saw something he didn't expect. Kelly Larson, on the biobed. "I thought the intruder was in the shuttlebay"
"Intruder? No, this is the real one. Hmm, interesting."
"What?"
"When she came in she was dying, very pale, covered in cuts, bruises and burns. That was about fifteen minutes ago."
"And she healed so fast? How is that possible?"
Kelly moaned a bit, then opened her eyes. She sat bolt upright. "Where am I?"
"Lieutenant" Taneth said.
"Commander."
"Not quite. I assume you have the same story as the other.. you."
"Probably. I gave them as much irrelevent information as I could. As long as I was talking they weren't..." she looked at the blood stains all over her clothes. She was holding something.
"What's that?" Taneth asked. Kelly held up the green marble. It had a light inside.
"The Crystal of Healing. This is how they were able to kill me over and over." Taneth took it and looked closely. "They've still got the telepathy one, I doubt there's a way to get it back. Taneth, these crystals are dying. I need to find the Golden Gauntlet to regenerate them."
"We'll discuss it later, I'm busy now." He handed the crystal to Ducane and left for engineering.
If the apocalypse comes, I sure hope it comes in the form of Threadfall because I am SO getting a dragon.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Postby Jake Sjet » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:55 am

It had been a few hours since Jake and Alex’s mad dash from the shuttle bay with the radiation stricken Ti’ana. A few hours of fighting for her life and now…

Now he was condemned to the worst punishment befit only for the dammed.

Waiting.

They had done all in medical science they were allowed to do; yet still she remained quiet and her features softened. It as though she was sleeping, recuperating after what was definitely a hectic day.

If only she hadn’t come after him, if only she hadn’t opened that door allowing the radiation to spill out.

If only…

If only Jake had never met her, if only then his heart would be simple enough to quieten. Because of him she had been irradiated with enough gamma radiation to power a small 20th century city.

If only…

For all of Sjet’s good fortunes in life up to now, she had been by far the most life changing. Hope, peace, belonging all wrapped into a single living body and now because of what he was she was injured.

Possibly beyond help.

The biological body is an amazing creature. It can fall into a deep coma and heal its self in days, hours or minute. Or simply turn off when it was to much to bare.

And so he waited, sitting peacefully for once on a stool next to her bio bed. He’d wait a bit longer, a few more minutes he kept telling himself. He’d been saying that for a while now.

When she woke up, then he’d think about leaving her side.

Maybe.

TAG- Ti'ana and those in sickbay

LtCmdr Jake Sjet

CMO, USS Zealous
Ensign Keth Soban, Medic on the USS Legacy

Fellow Crew Injured By Keth: X

"I will eat your soul :3"
Jake Sjet
A puppy that goes 'yap' and flips over

Back for Duty

Postby trikejacob » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:53 am

Ensign Spade was on his way to Sickbay when the Captain called. For a brief moment he didn't know what to think. Was this going to have something to do with his eye problem? Was she going to relieve of duty because of it? Of course she wouldn't he quickly reminded himself.
"When you return to duty, establish a communication channel with Admiral Granger. I need to brief him on our mission."
Oh! That was it! She wanted him to come back for duty. That he could do. This must mean she didn't think him anyless fit for duty now that she new something about his eye problem.
"Yes, Captain," he replied.
A minute or two later he was back on the Bridge at a Communications console. Commander Dillard was at the Conn. Captain Ja'arda must be in her ready room. He quickly sent a hailing frequency to Admiral Granger.
A few minutes later, "Captain. I've got Admiral Granger." he said after he tapped his combadge, "Shall I patch it through to you?"

Tag: Captain Ja'arda, anyone on Bridge

NRPG: I going on a trip this weekend. So I won't be able to post till next Monday. Just don't kill my character.

Ensign Jake Spade
Ops
Zealous
trikejacob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby H M Murdock » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:13 pm

Murdock allowed the medical officer, who had caught his eye, to work as she went over to tend to Luke. There were several others in sickbay, and he went over to help them as best as he could. The most he could offer was what he had learned from his time, which was pretty antique by the standards of the era he now lived in.

Vaskel arrived to check on Luke, and it seemed like all you-know-what broke loose. The Texan rushed over, but there was no way he could break it up without getting seriously injured in the process. Luke was so enraged that it seemed like he wasn't thinking straight. How could he blame Vaskel for what happened to him?

The Vulcan had mentioned that Luke may have been corrupted by the Tarmon Ay. That struck a powerful chord with Murdock, considering what he had endured in the past. If an enemy of the Federation ever uncovered the key phrase, the results could be devastating.

After the fight died down, and Vaskel managed to get Luke back on the biobed, Murdock walked up to Vaskel and noticed that the chief engineer had been injured. "Hey, you okay?"

Vaskel nodded, to which Murdock suggested, "Why don'tcha sit on that biobed over there . . . kinda get away from Luke. He's acting like he's hurting inside, and it might be a good idea if he doesn't see you for a while. Give the shrinks a chance to work with him, and then see how it goes."

Tag: Vaskel

Lt Cmdr. Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
Time is a fine storyteller, and history a fond student.
-- Hannibal, "The Big Squeeze"
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Robinson » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:34 am

"worry is interest on a debt you may never owe" from a fortune cookie

Lt Cmndr Joy Robinson
Chief Science Officer
USS Zealous
Robinson
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:51 pm

Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Quamada » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:13 pm

Quamada
Captain
Captain

Postby Ken_D_HT » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:21 am

IONI
<<Bridge, USS Zealous>>

Daniel Entered the Bridge coming from the Captain's Ready room, Upon his Exit Cmdr Dillard looked at him and nooded. Daniel nodded back and headed for the turbo lift, when he got there "Computer Locate Lieutenant Vaskel." he said, "Lieutenant Vaskel is in Sickbay" The Computer Replied " upon hearing that "Deck 5" he said. The turbo lift buzzed in compliance, in a matter of seconds he was in deck 5, he went out and headed for sickbay.

<<Sickbay, USS Zealous>>

Daniel Enters Sickbay and Immediately spots Lieutenant Vaskel, He approached Vaskel to Speak to him about interrogating the prisoner.

IOFFI

Tag: Vaskel

Ens Daniel Hunt
Sec USS Zealous
Ken_D_HT

Postby Lucasausems » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:09 am

Dragon Squadron
Luke Helios
Pilot
Lucasausems
Born to be Wild!

Postby Robinson » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:08 am

The Lounge Manager handed Joy her drink.

"By the way, I am called Quamada. And that," she nodded to the drink, "I call hyos pu li," she told the other woman with a bright grin. "It's my newest concoction."

Joy took a sip. It was dificult to place the flavour at first but Joy was sure that she liked it.

"That's really good" she said. "It really hits the spot after a long day" Joy grinned she was beginning to relax for what seemed like the first time since arriving on the Zealous.

Tag Quamada

Lt Cmndr Joy Robinson
Chief Science Officer
USS Zealous
Robinson
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:22 am

Sjet hobbled out of sickbay, the sickened Ti’ana resting on his shoulder. She wasn’t really that heavy in hind site, light as a feather might well have been a compliment he would have used but his mouth seemed frozen shut, welded into place by fear and something else…
Something…distant and unattainable….
“Who would true valour see…” he mumbled softly
Let him come hither,
One, here, will constant be,
Come wind, or weather.
“What was that?” Ti’ana asked as Jake helped her out of the turbo lift, beginning the short walk to her quarters.
“Just a very old progress report.” He joked, remembering the worlds of John Bunyan’s The Pilgrims Progress.
“You’re a strange one Jake I’ll give you that.” She muttered as he reached the doors to her quarters. Jake tapped his fingers across the access panel and opened them into a darkened quarters, a few odds and ends scattered across the floor after the fight with the Tarmon Ay.
“Well here’s your stop,” he looked in” You need any help getting inside?”
“No,” Ti’ana smiled “I think I’ll be okay from here.” She admitted and leaned down to allow her arm to slide of his tall frame. He didn’t want to let her go, though he would never tell her of such a fact. It wasn’t in his nature to display such emotions freely like that, yet the embrace in sickbay lingered still…a melting away the icy coldness gripping his heart.
Ti’ana smiled and stepped in to her quarters, unsteady on her feet but gaining her bearings wit every step.
“Well, good bye.” He said, turning around he scratched behind his left ear and took a step away from the door, remember that there was supposedly a gathering the lounge soon.
“Hey…erm, look Ti…” he said to the sound proof closed door. A moment lost, a moment gained. The glowing lines of energy over his face glowed brightly for a moment.
Jake smiled at the door, and turning left for a replicator and some where discreet to change…

Having changed into a Starfleet uniform with a teal coloured under shirt accustom to the roles of a Doctor. He walked into the lounge, praying for as little attention as he could humanly…or inhumanly as he could.
After selecting a seat as close to darkness as he could, he sat to thinking.
A large portion of that thought devoted to one person in particular.

TAG- Lounge people

LtCmdr Jake Sjet
CMO, USS Zealous

Jake Sjet

Postby Robinson » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:46 am

Joy continued to enjoy her drink while Quamada served other people who were arriving in the Lounge.

Jake Sjet walked in and went to sit in a corner in the shadows. Joy thought about going over to speak to him but he did not look like he wanted to be disturbed. Joy decided to speak to him later.

At that moment the new arrival in the science department who Joy had seen on the bridge but had not really had the chance to speak to yet came into the lounge and sat near Joy. She ordered a glass of red wine.

Joy moved along the bar and sat next to her.

"Hello there" Joy said. "I'm Joy it's nice to meet you"

Tag VT

Lt Cmndr Joy Robinson
Chief Science Officer
USS Zealous
Robinson
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Jake Sjet » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:25 pm

Jake sat in the lounge, keeping council with is thoughts and inner demons. So you can guess it was a crowded debate, a fight over the remaining scraps of his embattled heart.
He could see it now, vultures hovering over a shattered corpse, tearing the flesh from bone while it re grew, trying to find a way to return life from a place where life was impossible to grow.
A desert with in the mind, endless and with out meaning, it went beyond the material world and exposed much of his own feelings to those around him as he thought. His body while still would appear to some to radiate small tendril’s of blackness, as though something old…ancient in conception was trying to break free of its bonds.
Free….
We must be free…
No, a thought echoed deep with in his mind and to his surprise it was this voice and his meaning behind it, no freedom cannot be purchased with any credit you possess.
Freedom will be mine Sjet…freedom…and the thing you most desire…when I am finished Sjet…
Be careful what you say next old Spirit, be careful of your words for they tread upon a promise I have made.
Promises…promise…we all make promises…small ones, large ones, important one, fickle ones…meaningless to all but a single moment in time when they are forged.
My name is my word, my honour my soul-
And your soul belongs to me, no one else and little of it remains the same as it once was.
Peace is but a road, and wisdom the progress to march a journey to.
You ask random question, all of them mere falsities to combat a dawning reality.
You cannot win.
You will not win.
And in the end, when I am finished with what you desire most, she will only have eyes for you…I am quite curious to see how long she will last.
His eyes snapped open and his fist clenched resounding with a musical twister as the glass in his hand shattered. Water spilled out on to the floor as he looked down at the sapphire palm. A thin curved shard of glass ran through it, poking under the skin. Yet no pain, no sudden yelps of surprise.
A small ream of blood dribbled from the cut and then stopped. The crimson fluid pooled its self around the glass shard and slowly, methodically moved upwards. Slowly at first it began to consume the replicated silicon blade, ripping atoms apart and storing them away for use else where within Sjet’s body. The red sea swealed, roaring up wards and over the glass and was gone, the wound disappear as it healed quietly.
And so he was left to his thoughts.
The reaming glass debris resting on the floor.
Life goes on.
Some of it at least.

TAG- Lounge People

LtCmdr Jake Sjet
CMO, USS Zealous

Jake Sjet

Postby Quamada » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:21 am

Quamada grinned. Apparently her new mix was good! Wait until Vin'Ti heard! Two more people entered, one sitting at the bar and the other sitting away in the corner where the lights were dimmed.

The woman who sat at the bar asked for some red wine, and so Quamada set about pouring her the glass and giving it to her. It felt rather busier than it in actuality was. Perhaps that was because it had been fairly dead for a long time before Joy came in.

Joy moved over to talk to the woman, and so Quamada had a chance to put away the bottle of wine and get some more glasses from the back, just in case.

Coming back, she heard the shattering of glass, coming from the corner. Her gaze landed on the man sitting there, sapphire blue eyes narrowing slightly, wondering what was going on. She took a towel and went over there.

"What happened?" she asked as she started wiping up the water that was trying to run off the table. "Are you alright?"

She watched him as she worked, trying to figure out what sort of being he was... He definately did not seem to be human.
Quamada
Captain
Captain

Postby Jake Sjet » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:31 pm

What happened…

Are you alright…

Not sure and don’t know was how Jake would have answered.

How could you answer a question you didn’t even know the answer to? How could a partly synthetic being…partly synthetic with the artificial slowly gaining on the biological.

He knew it to be true. Bones were being strengthened with small inter lacing weavings iron fibres derived from the red blood cells and the energy produced by the work of the nanological monsters within him. Muscles were stimulated to increase growth and mass, the lag time between thought and electrical impulse shortening as chemical messages were replaced with short micro transmission generated by the machines a scattering of atoms across them selfs.

Damage from the cut was already healed, parts of the consumed glass torn to pieces and their atoms recombined to form tougher skin and hardier arteries.

Maybe…maybe some how during that first battle of thought between Sjet and construct, where he had thrown him self in-between the captain and the beast within…maybe Sjet died, surely.

Maybe he was replaced by something else? Something artificial, a self-replicating soul, a self-repairing conscience with a guilt complex? Maybe Sjet was a spark rattling forever within a shell, a ghost trapped in a walking talking box.

Not human.

Not mechanical.

Nothing. While not completely mechanical in nature he was still the slave of biology. He felt…pain…blinding hatred…love….sadness…envy.

That feeling most of all, a sin written in some holy text somewhere. What was normal, normal is what they are and you are not. But ask that to someone else and does that make you normal for asking it, do you change and becoming something your not once that question is stated, to the air and the wind?

Glass is a simple concoction of silicon, sand to the folks at home, formed in such away that it turns transparent. This can be caused by heat.

And with a patently hand god bestowed upon the races of the galaxy fire, electricity, gravity, and the heat of a million suns. Yet god, who ever it turned out to be, must have had a plan for what life they would give birth to. The life of artificial reality, a life made up of ones and zero’s arrayed in such a fashion as to mimic the mind of a birthing sentient.

Sjet looked up at the lounge manager, a woman with a kind face scarcely younger than he was. That was interesting, how old was he? Twenty one years he’d witnessed the harshness of Earths sister planet Mars from the safety of the Federation habitats and launch scaffolds.

But then….maybe he was two hundred and fifty five thousand years of age, not bad for a multi-millenian. Yet was he kept alive by some cruel twist of fate, or maybe by the means of the artificial machines roaming freely within him, a plague set to strike at anyone with less sense than a space born micro organism.

“I…remembered to much of a past I would like very much to forget,” he stated as he knelled down, having moved off the chair, and began to pick up pieces of shattered glass “and glanced a future I can only dream of in my nightmares.” He smiled, and placed the fragments on the table next to the chair, not noticing that the pile had diminished as some of the more ravenous nano machines, Gobblers by name and by trade, had consumed a few of the sharper pieces.

“Jake Sjet,” he offered a hand to the young woman, a hand that had not long before contained a great deal of blood but was now clean as a whistle “ship’s medical officer.”

Tag- Quamada and anyone else

LtCmdr Jake Sjet

CMO, USS Zealous

Jake Sjet

Postby Quamada » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:55 pm

It was a long time before the man answered. A time drawn out into eternity by the look on his face. Enough time for Quamada to seriously wonder what was going on with this crewman, while she picked up bits of broken glass.

“I…remembered to much of a past I would like very much to forget,” he stated. He got off the chair and kneeled on the floor, helping to pick up the broken glass. “..and glanced a future I can only dream of in my nightmares.”

Quamada glanced at the pile of glass on the table. It was smaller than it should have been. Much as she wanted to deny it, it was. Something was going on here, she realized. Something much bigger than her.

“Jake Sjet,” he offered a hand to the young woman, a hand that had not long before contained a great deal of blood but was now clean as a whistle. “Ship’s medical officer.”

Quamada stared at the blood-free hand. It couldn't be. There was no way she knew for that to happen. Even a doctor's hand should be bloodied by the glass shards. There was a fierce tingling at the back of her neck as the hairs there stood on end.

Very much disconcerted, she replied with a stutter, "uh.. k-kae..... Quamada." Ignoring the offered hand, she jumped up, taking the sopping towel. "uhh..." She was torn between nervous fear and intense curiousity.

Finally, curiousity won over, and she gestured to his hand. "What, uh, happened? Why- How, are you healed so quickly? And with no blood remains..."

Quamada
Wierded out Lounge Manager
Ameri Chayton Webber
Medic, Firefly: Monarch

Pain Briac and Ashlin Saggittarius
Firefly: Genesis
Quamada
Captain
Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:46 am

Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Ken_D_HT » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:31 am

Ken_D_HT

Postby KurumamcCloud » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:38 am

"What is the purpose of this all.. does the answer lie in life?... or does it lie in the absolute freedom of death?"
KurumamcCloud
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Quamada » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:55 pm

“Pain…” Jake said slowly, as if unsure if he was talking or he was merely listening to a pre recorded speech “is merely a word…the reality….you could feel something sink into you….draw into its self and…..then….then pain, rage, anger and sadness turned into a solid ball of obsidian…and then you sink beneath it, the AI designed to control the nano bots….”

He stopped and looked around the lounge “I’m sure you have far better things to do than listen to the tales of man who remembers far to much of a time of beauty and art, and sorrow and blood shed.”

Quamada ignored the last of what he said, instead drawing up a chair and seating herself. "What's AI?" she questioned, trying to understand

“Questions are a good resource of the questioning mind,” Jake stated and smiled, a rarity in his troubled time “Ai…well…Artificial Intelligence…. think of a computer program which is able to think for its self, to laugh, to think of an idea without stimuli. To be aware of its own existence like you and I but instead of being born, it is created by programmers and engineering. A synthetic…mind?”

An artificial soul.

Quamada smiled at Jake's comment about her questions, but her smile faded somewhat into confusion as he tried to explain. "How can that be?" It made exactly zero sense to her

“Its difficult…very difficult and I can’t answer it. Life is life be it natural or artificial and some how, some how this life or life’s have become tainted and darkened.”

Jake’s glow seemed to pulsate very slowly, oscillating “A very long time ago a very smart man made a very smart AI and then placed the AI into a lot of very new nano technology which was reversed engineered from some very…very…very old advance tech…and then…. the die was cast.”

A look of utter confusion seemed permanently placed on Quamada's face. "What do you mean?"

“A old time ago my creators-the Iconian’s found an ancient device called a Core. In side it was all the secrets, technology that lengthened life spans, light speed no longer mattered…and nano technology millennia ahead of anything, even by today’s standards. But this Core had a name…the Second Dark Core…it corrupted them, turned them into a war like species.”

“They made a ship called the Wraith of Sajuuk….it was huge and its presence shook the stars. In end they were bested by the old race called the Progenitors. They were given a choice, hand over their technology and become exiles, or become slaves to their most hated enemies the Kir.”

“ I don’t recall anything after that, made because I don’t want to remember…or maybe it chooses not to allow me to remember.”

“I am but a forgotten memory, a weapon used once and then used against those who would see the end of all life.”

Quamada listened raptly to the story, eyes shining. It was almost like old times, sitting around the fireside..... She tilted her head a bit. "So your nano technology is very old? Millennia old?"

“In the region of two hundred and fifty five thousand years old,” Jake smiled and leaned back, “don’t look a day over twenty three.”

Quamada grinned at that. "But.. can't you turn the technology off at all?"

“Can you turn off the stars? Can you deactivate the galaxy, I can control them as much as they control me and so far…” Jake’s voice tapered off “I feel as though they are winning.”

"It just seems like there should be a way.... like the person should rule over the machine, not the other way around," she explained.

To Be Continued....

A JP by Quamada and Jake Sjet
Ameri Chayton Webber
Medic, Firefly: Monarch

Pain Briac and Ashlin Saggittarius
Firefly: Genesis
Quamada
Captain
Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:09 pm

Once the doors to the Ready Room closed, Captain Azanialix Ja'arda focused her attention on Kyo McCloud, the very individual who had risked his life to save hers. Considering how intent he was on extracting revenge against the Centauris officer, Kuruma McCloud, she didn't know why he had shown that act of kindness. Was he angry at the whole universe, or Kuruma alone?

"Please, have a seat," Zania offered, gesturing to one of the chairs on the other side of her desk. "Before we begin to earnestly discuss your options, I do have a question to ask of you. When the Tarmon Ay assassin attempted to kill me, why did you intervene?"

Kyo then looked nodded his head as he took a seat, looking at Captain Jaarda with a calm expression on his face, before shrugging his shoulders.

"I suppose it was just an instinctive reaction, although to be honest with you, I don't really know why I did it, call it a moment of weakness, maybe I liked the way you looked and didn't want you to be wasted" said Kyo, chuckling as he leaned back in his chair, looking over the form of Captain Jaarda, admiring the form of the woman, yet subconsciously also scanning for vulnerable points in case she attempted to harm him, yet strangely enough he knew she wouldn't. "In short, your guess is as good as mine" said Kyo calmly

The Betazoid cocked her head slightly, listening as even he was unsure as to why he had taken such action. She was hoping, perhaps, she could pick up some type of empathic impression from him, which could help in making her decision.

Azanialix folded her hands and leaned forward to rest them on her desk. "I believe I may know," she hinted at. "This is speculation on my part, but I believe that you do have kindness within you. Your grievance is with Kuruma McCloud and his friends, not the whole galaxy. Would that be a correct assumption on my part?"

Kyo's eyes immediately formed surprised at the comment presented by Jaarda. 'No it cannot be possible' thought Kyo as he looked down at his hands. 'Me? Kind? No that cannot be right' thought Kyo as he took a deep breath. "You have little knowledge of me, I was created by the Prelax as a program to control McCloud, to tap his knowledge of the Imperial Defenses, it was I that lead an attack to slay more than 40,000 people, and then I was locked away in McCloud, centuries of torment, so you tell me, does that indicate that I may bear compassion?" asked Kyo calmly, his tone was ice cold yet in his soul he felt fury at the memories.

Captain Ja'arda drew in a breath, not in shock, but to prepare herself to make an argument. She hoped that Kyo would not only listen, but hopefully accept what she was about to say as a possible truth.

"You said that you were programmed, much like a computer or an android. Yet you are sentient, capable of thought and independent action. As such, you are also capable of growing beyond your original programming, to take a direction all of your own, filled with freedom, free thought, and people who respect you as an individual," Zania noted.

She unfolded her hands and stood from behind her desk, walking around to the other chair. She moved it, to where she would be closer to McCloud. Perhaps, if she showed him that she had faith in him, it could make a huge difference.

"Respect is a two-way street. If you want others to respect you, then you need to respect them. By saving my life, you showed that you can, indeed, grow beyond your programming, setting you on a path of self-discovery," she explained, pausing for a moment to give him a chance to express what may be currently on his mind.

Kyo looked blankly forward, confusion on his face.

'People respect me?' thought Kyo as he looked forward, throughout his existence he had been treated as a machine, by the Prelax, and then when he was trapped with McCloud, he was considered a parasite, and in many aspects he was, yet he never had anyone actually show him the least amount of curtesy. Kyo then quickly cleared his mind.

'Don't be so easily taken, this could be a trap' thought Kuruma as he turned look back at Jaarda. "And I suppose you will supplant these ideals which you believe will benefit me?" asked Kyo, he did not trust the woman, yet he trusted her more than any other entity he had faced, even Genshon.

She smiled gently as she countered, "We don't work that way. We would not supplant or force you to learn the ideals. The choice, if you would like to do so and continue along your path of growth, is completely up to you."

The Betazoid Captain deeply into Kyo's eyes, hoping that he would be able to see that hers held nothing more than the truth. "If you decide that you would like to pursue this, we can offer you an environment where you can work with others and further your progress. We can give you the support that you need, as well as any guidance that you may seek from us."

She reached over to take his hand, hoping that perhaps her gentle touch could help to further prove to him that she was earnest in her intent. "What I propose is this: we would grant you a Starfleet commission, and make you part of the Zealous crew. Your knowledge and experience from your past would make you an ideal choice for our Intelligence department. With us, you will be able to continue with the progress that you have already made, and we will all help you along the way."

Zania paused for a moment before continuing, "We can offer you a lot, but only ask a little in return - that you follow the rules and regulations of Starfleet, and abide by the orders of your superior officers. The decision is yours to make."

Kyo then looked up at Captain Jaarda with surprise, at both the contact and the expression in her eyes. the only sensations he had ever felt from people is a powerful strike and the look in their eyes one of either fear or hatred. Immediately as she spoke his mind began considering the offer, surprising himself, why was he ever considering something like this, he wasn't McCloud, he wasn't Starfleet. Yet strangely something she said sparked an idea within him, surely enough if he accepted he would be able to use this place as a safe haven until his energies were reestablished, yet he was also curious at her offer, while he had yet to trust these children, the young Captain did place an enticing offer. 'It's a trap Kyo' said a voice in his head. After several seconds, Kyo dropped his head back, the decision had to be made, which one would it be.

After several moments. Kyo then sighed before standing up, and turning to look at Captain Jaarda.

"Captain you make an interesting argument, and I would be lying if I said it wasn't tempting" said Kyo as he clentched his jaw 'I hope this isn't a mistake' thought Kyo as he looked into the eyes of the young Captain, the first eyes that didn't bear malice to him, yet there was something else, something he couldn't quite understand himself, understanding and compassion. "Very well, I shall take you up on your offer" said Kyo calmly

"You have made a wise decision," Azanialix said, as she stood. It wasn't difficult for her to guess that, if she were to fail to make good on her offer, Kyo would probably make her pay the consequences. She hoped that they wouldn't fail him, or if they did fall short, he would have grown enough by that point to be understanding . . . capable of showing the same compassion that she was offering him.

"If you'd like, you're welcome to join the rest of us in the Lounge. We will be having a ceremony, shortly, where a number of crew members will be promoted due to their dedication and service to the ship during our encounter with the Tarmon Ay. During that ceremony, I will announce your commission, and award you with a rank," the Betazoid offered.

Kyo then nodded his head as he looked at Jaarda, for some strange reason he seemed to trust this woman, yet her crew was a different matter, there was still the matter of Valron, and above all the elimination of McCloud, yet for now, he would see if this woman would grant him what he promised.

"I shall do that, Captain" said Kyo as he moved to turn around, before then stopping and turning to look at Jaarda, a thought running into his mind, perhaps it was time he showed some degree of loyalty, besides the woman still had to pay for his defence of her

"There is one more thing, Captain" said Kyo calmly

She cocked her head curiously, but warmly inquired, "Is there something else that troubles your mind?"

Kyo then grinned as he looked at Jaardia, before placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Not really, just this" said Kyo as he quickly grabbed Zania by the back of her head and locked lips with the woman.

'I think this should be decent payment for my saving you' thought Kyo

Azanialix certainly hadn't expected Kyo to kiss her. But, it wasn't repulsive either. Betazoids were capable of loving many different people, in many ways, and at the same time. That is a statement that she had recalled being attributed to Deanna Troi, formerly of the Enterprise, and now serving aboard the Titan along side her husband . . . her Imzadi.

The kiss was surprisingly gentle for someone who had claimed to be the product of his programming. Perhaps, he was indeed starting to learn about the nature of individuality. It provided her with hope that, perhaps, he could eventually learn to abandon the hatred that threatened to consume him, demanding that he seek revenge upon Kuruma McCloud and others.

She closed her eyes and returned the kiss, until they both broke their liplock. Taking a breath, Zania offered him a smile and noted, "That was unexpected."

Kyo then formed a smile on his face.

"Consider it my first step to individuality" said Kyo as he gently stroked her cheek. "...besides, I've been wanting to do that since I say you" said Kyo as he dropped his hand. "I may have agreed to join your Starfleet, but that doesn't mean I will blindly follow the orders when I think they are wrong, you are the first to show me what it means to be like the rest of you, and for that you have my loyalty" said Kyo as he bowed his head.

"We would never ask any officer to blindly follow orders, like mindless slaves, especially when those orders may be wrong. That would go against the principle that we operate by - the freedom of thought and individuality, which helps to encourage all officers to voice their opinions," Captain Ja'arda explained.

Kyo then nodded his head as he formed a smile on his face, the Prelax was somewhat surprised with himself, before he bowed to the Captian once more."Zerochaku, Captain" said Kyo calmly, strangely enough he felt somewhat more relaxed as he turned around and began to walk out of the room.

Azanialix watched as he left the room and smiled. She felt good about her decision to give Kyo a chance. Everyone deserved that, even those who had committed autrocities in the past. That was one of the principles upon which the Federation was founded, and many peace treaties were struck - especially the Khitomer Accords.

She was confident that, with enough time, Kyo would be able to let go of his anger and become a very valued member of the crew. In order to reach that point, however, she had to take the initiative by putting her trust in him, by offering him a commission and position aboard the ship. In return, he was starting to open up, to learn to trust.

For now, though, there was still much to do, including the preparations for the promotion ceremony that would take place in the Lounge. Reaching over the desk, she turned the computer terminal around and shut it off. The Betazoid Captain then unconsciously tugged at her uniform to straighten it out, and then left her Ready Room, heading for the Lounge so she could speak with the new Lounge Manager.

Tag: Quamada

OOC: This was a joint post between:

Kyo McCloud

and

Captain Azanialix Ja'arda
CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to Logs