Change of Plans - Luke Osswell

Here lies Zealous logs... show them off to the rest of the board, or use the space if the mailstring is down.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Change of Plans - Luke Osswell

Postby Seth » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:11 am

Reposting because the original post messed up the tracking.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Log: "No Pain, No Gain"

Zap.

A howl of pain sounded, and shortly after Ensign Kyn practically bounced out of an access hatch like a rubber ball, hand alternately clutched to herself protectively and flailed wildly out in an attempt to shake out pain. Eyes watering, instead of cursing at the panel that had discharged enough electricity to wake up a horse, she simply apologized profusely -"I'm sorry, I won't do it again, I promise I won't, honest, really I'm sorry!"- while doing her little hopping in-pain dance.

Well, apparently that answered the question as to whether or not power was successfully rerouted around the damaged area of the ship. It also answered the question that laser cutters and live panels don't mix.

Sucking on fingers sheepishly as other engineers poked their heads around corners and mangled masses of ship-bits, Neria waved off their questions as to whether or not she was all right with her other hand and inched her way back into the access hatch. Quickly, nervously, tentatively as hell, she one-handedly yanked out a few chips to the panel, like a mawka bird pecking up crumbs, disabling power to it.

A fizzling sound made her whimper in fear, pausing motionless, and then the panel went dead. Working her way back out from the hatch, she sat up, against the wall, and examined her wounded hand. The slender, smallish digits appeared unmarred. Flexing them slowly to work out the lingering numbness, she clunked her head back against the wall and closed her eyes. She was so tired. With her sleep schedule still not exactly worked out, pulling double-shifts to get the repair work done was starting to, well... wear a bit on her.

This hadn't been what she had been expecting, exactly, with the transfer to Alpha Shift, to say the least.

But hey, no pain, no gain.

After a moment's rest, she stretched a bit, and then crawled back into the hatch, promising herself one of those delicious banana split sundaes after this was done. Strawberry and vanilla ice cream. With double-fudge. And caramel. And sprinkles. Lots of sprinkles.

And, of course, a cherry on top. Two, even.

It's always good to set goals, after all.

-End Log-

Ensign Neria Kyn
USS Zealous NCC 59653

Luke Lionheart
Flight Officer
SW Dragon Squadron
seth@slasims.com
Seth Cotis, Council LeaderImage
(Speaking about taking action against a board user sooner)
"If you dont at least occasionally use the stun setting then
whats the point of having the phaser at all?"
- Another

"If life gives you lemons, make lemonaide. Now, just find someone
who's life gave them vodka and, BAM, you've got a party"
- Morimame
SLA | Stargate | Enterprise | [url=firefly.slasims.com]Firefly[/url] | [url=b5.slasims.com]Babylon 5[/url] | [url=tenforward.slasims.com]10 Fwd[/url]
Seth
The Seth is of Badger
The Seth is of Badger

Return to Logs