Encounters, Part 5

Here lies Zealous logs... show them off to the rest of the board, or use the space if the mailstring is down.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Encounters, Part 5

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:06 pm

"Glad to have you back, Ensign," Captain Ja'arda told him with a very relieved smile.

Jake knelled and rubbed the back of his head, the grass whistling like a song brid around him "Glad to be back, and next field trip, asprin, lots of asprin..."

"We need to see if we can find Lt. Vaskel. He performed the Vulcan Mind Meld so he and I could enter into your mind and assist you with dealing with Valron. We . . ." she began, stopping mid-sentence as a thick fog rose up around them, blanketing the area. If it wasn't for the fact that they were a couple of feet away and could still see each other's silhouettes, they would have lost complete and total sight of each other.

"That was fast..." Jake wondered aloud and made his way closer to the captain "Does fog usually close in like that on Betazed, because if not we need to start walking fast. Trust me."

"Yes, but we generally have at least some warning that it is approaching," she noted. She took a step, and even the ground under her the soles of her shoes felt different. The fog appeared to be lifting slowly, almost painfully. "I do not think this is Betazed, but we should stay where we are for the moment until we can see better."

"As long as this isn't Martian fog, we'll follow your idea Cap'n." Jake sated and yanwed "Feels like ages since I slept. Then again you don't look too good yourself Zania."

Indeed, Captain Ja'arda's face fell as the fading fog revealed something which she had not been expecting at all. She and Jake Sjet were on a small island filled with native foliage. That wasn't the thing that concerned her. What drew her attention was what appeared to be a wall of water that was heading straight for the two of them.

"I think we're in trouble," she grimly stated.

If her guess was correct, even if they were able to hold on to a tree, there was a good chance that they could be underwater for a good 8 minutes. Considering the force that a tidal wave could bring, they would have to fight in order to maintain their grasp, which would use up precious oxygen. There would be no way that either of them could survive, unless . . .

"Ensign, this is your mind. You control this realm and whatever happens in it, although Valron is fighting you for that control. Let him win with this tidal wave, but we can still beat him. Think . . . try and imagine breathing masks for the two of us. It's our best chance for survival," she suggested.

"How the heck am I to just conjure up two breathers out of thin air!" Jake excalimed as the wall of hydrogen and water swept towards them. "Its not like I can just click my fingers and-" he held in his hands two rebreathers. A clear breathing apparatus that fit over the mouth and nose with a pair of small oxygenators on the side to filter the oxygen from the water. "Okay, i'm impressed." he said, smiling as he attached his to his face and gave the other to the Captain.

Zania accepted the breaking mask that Jake handed her and strapped it on, making sure that it formed a tight seal against her skin. She couldn't risk having it come off. She then smiled back at Jake and explained, "The mind is a powerful thing. It is constantly thinking, imagining. It can be used as a tool, but also as a weapon. Just like on the holodeck, if you want something to happen here, all you have to do is think about it. I know from experience."

"Well I think after this we;re going to need towels!" Jake called out, gripped to a tree trunk and then the water was on them. It gripped and pulled, yanked in a million directions while different forms of debris struck Jake across the head."Asprin!" He called "Lots of asprin!"

The current within the water was immensely powerful, and seemed to pull Azanialix in all directions at once. Although she managed grab onto a tree, it was just barely, and her grip was already starting to slip. Thankfully, the breathing mask held secure, which was very fortunate.

Her dark eyes looked through the water and could see Ensign Sjet, who was also being pummeled by debris. "Jake! See if you can grab onto me! We need to keep together! We can't let this separate us!" she called out to him.

"Easy." Jake breathed and reached out with one arm, which was almost snapped in half by the current "Grab on!"

Zania managed to grab onto one of Jake's arms with one hand, and then released her other arm from the tree to secure her hold on the officer. Even through the debris, she could see some movement out of the corner of her eye. It wasn't moving with the current, but against it! It almost seemed as if it was coming straight toward them!

It was too far away to be able to really tell what it was. "Jake, there's something heading for us. Can you make out what it is?" Zania managed to grab onto one of Jake's arms with one hand, and then released her other arm from the tree to secure her hold on the officer. Even through the debris, she could see some movement out of the corner of her eye. It wasn't moving with the current, but against it! It almost seemed as if it was coming straight toward them!

It was too far away to be able to really tell what it was. "Jake, there's something heading for us. Can you make out what it is?"

I'm being pulled apart by a tree, a current, and the captain acting as the dead weight! Sure, why not, let have a look for- Since when did sharks come with four fins? "Zania, do you like Sushi!" he called through the mask.

"I don't think this is the proper time to think about food, as if we do not do something soon, we are going to become that thing's next meal," she cautioned. The Betazoid narrowed her eyes at the creature, still not quite sure what it was.

"If I had a spear-" the spear gun floated lazily by him, and seconds were left to act "Hang on to my foot!" and with that Jake let go of the tree, grabbed the gun and both himself and the captian were thrown away in the current.

Captain Ja'arda shifted her position until she clung onto Ensign Sjet's right foot. The current was still very strong and powerful, threatening to try and break her grasp, but it was beginning to ease up now that the main force from the tidal wave had passed over them. By letting go, they were now drawn away from the island, and only the Betazoid gods would know where they would end up.

She looked around, trying to get a better idea of where they were. The ocean floor appeared to descend down into darkness. There was no way of telling exactly how deep it really was.

On the edges of her empathic senses, she could feel something. No, not just something . . . someone! There was another individual close by, and the sensation was growing, so the person was definitely drawing closer to them.

Slight murkiness of the water didn't help matters much, but she could swear that she saw what looked like a person swimming up from the dark depths.

Jake lined up the gun, aiming its pointed end at the merciless killing machine bearing down on them like a torpedo. With a puff of gas the spear flew free, cavitating the water into hundreds of steam filled bubble. The shark like thing sending lurched to one side, crimson blood filling the sea. Pity about the spear missing the animal by a good few meters.

The strength of the underwater current thankfully continued to ebb, and just in time. Captain Ja'arda could see that Jake managed to wound the creature, but he apparently hadn't noticed whatever was now approaching the two of them.

As she continued to watch, the figure that was drawing close to them appeared to be a female humanoid. She had dark, flowing hair that seemed like the blackest areas of space, and appeared to be carrying something which looked like a net.

All of the sudden, Azanialix released her hold on Jake and held her hands up to her head. She practically curled into a fetal position, and the expression on her face indicated that she was in pain. "Ensign!" she called out to him, hoping he wasn't equally as incapacitated.

"What?" Jake was about to say when all around him a dark curtain fell on him, and a pain unlike anything he'd felt fell upon him like the water around them. Well, almost like anything he'd known....

His hands released the spear gun, usless now for it could only fire a single round, but he thought through the pain, if he could survive the Tal'Shar and Section 31 he could fight this.

A woman with obsidain hair floated up to him with a puzzled look on her face, probably why Jake wasn't showing outward signs pain. This one is still alive. That was strange, why could he hear another voice in his head?

Captain Ja'arda could feel what seemed like rope press against her skin. Looking over to Jake, he also seemed to be caught in this strange net. The only thing was, it was dragging them deeper into the ocean, into the very depths that this woman had emerged from.

The water started to turn increasingly colder with every foot. If this kept up for much longer, there was a strong chance that their bodies would shut down from hypothermia. They had to do something before that happened.

Despite the fact that the pain within her mind felt like light bulbs exploding, Zania closed her eyes tight and concentrated. She had to try and not only block the pain, but also call upon her training at the Academy on Betazed. She had to use her mind to try and defeat the mind of the person who was now attacking them . . .

OOC: This was a joint post between

Ensign Jake Sjet
Medical Officer
and
Captain Azanialix Ja'arda
CO, USS Zealous
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Taneth » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:59 am

bump.
If the apocalypse comes, I sure hope it comes in the form of Threadfall because I am SO getting a dragon.
Taneth
Admiral
Admiral

Glazer & the Buccaneers

Postby Lada » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:14 pm

Forum Moderator Note: Spamming, especially for any type of gambling, is not permitted on these forums. Please refrain from making these types of posts in the future.
Lada

Richest Franchise in Sport

Postby zumba » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:57 pm

Forum Moderator Note: Spamming, especially for any type of gambling, is not permitted on these forums. Please refrain from making these types of posts in the future.
zumba

Return to Logs