Current Log Thread

Here lies Zealous logs... show them off to the rest of the board, or use the space if the mailstring is down.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:11 am

Captain Ja’arda followed Ensign Tavan into her ready room and took a seat behind her desk. She listened carefully as he detailed how he didn’t know what he was supposed to be doing, or where he was supposed to be going on board the Zealous. The fact that his face was contorted beyond the normal, stoic look of a Vulcan was a sheer sign of the confusion he was undoubtedly experiencing.

“Ensign, please, have a seat,” she said warmly, and with a comforting smile as she gestured to a chair across from her desk. “I can understand how confusing this might be for you, as it is for all of us.”

The Betazoid paused for a moment, and then decided to reveal, “Just as we were about to embark on the mission that we were on now, my Executive Officer was called away to another assignment. That actually left me without someone to fill that position, except for one person . . . Lieutenant Commander Ti’ana Sullivan, who was my Second Officer and the Chief of Operations. Her change in position, to become the Executive Officer, is going to be made official once we leave this area and rendevous with the nearest starbase.”

She got up from the chair from behind her desk, and walked around to sit in the empty chair that was next to Ensign Tavan. “Right now, we have a few holes in our roster. Until she and I can sit down, and figure things out, we’re looking at each officer and seeing how they step up to the challenge of fulfilling tasks that are normally left for the chief of the department. When someone takes the initiative, it shows that they have the potential to eventually be considered for a department head position, or even an assistant department head spot.,” Azanialix explained with a gentle smile on her face, trying to give him as much assurance as possible. It really was a confusing time for everyone.

“If I could suggest, you could help out Ensign Winchester with his task of modifying some of our probes to detect and extract the compound used by the scientists, from the station, which caused all of this to happen with the space worms. Or, you could contact others who are new to the ship as well, and see if you can start to work them in on the duty roster by meeting with them individually,” she recommended.

Zania watched Ensign Tavan’s facial features carefully, trying to determine what his reaction might be to what she had said, and her suggestions as to what he could do.

Tag: Tavan

Captain Azanialix Ja'arda
CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby H M Murdock » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:07 pm

(OOC: Sorry about the delay in posting. I've been having major problems with Firefox crashing repeatedly on me.)

Murdock listened to the speech where the leader of the town thanked the both of them for their help, and then watched as the others went on and began eating. He started to eat as well, realizing just how hungry he was after all of the time that they had spent with this, and everything that had been taking place on the Zealous.

Apparently, Yunisca was famished as well, as she really started to devour her meal. He noticed that she smiled sheepishly at him, and then cast her a smile of his own that indicated that he understood and it was okay.

Although the meal hadn’t ended, a few of those that were gathered started to be swept up into a series of dances. Murdock hadn’t quite finished eating when a few people tugged on his arm, urging him to get up and join in with the festivities.

He did so, knowing that he was doing this for Yunisca and just how much he loved her. One of the dances was such to where the two of them were brought together, and they danced with each other. That was something that he relished, watching and observing her every move as they did so.

In a way, being with Yunisca, he really felt alive. A glance over to Jennifer indicated that she was enjoying this as well, dancing with the rest of them even though the other holographically created characters couldn’t even spot her in the program. He laughed at that, really enjoying himself and all of this. Yunisca was certainly right about the program, and all of the highs and lows that they were encountering in it . . .

It wasn’t long before the two of them were led to their tents for the night, with the music and laughter starting to fade into what seemed like a distant memory. When this was over, he wasn’t sure what the next part of the program was, but he was glad that he was discovering this . . . and Yunisca was with him.

Tag: Yunisca

Lt Cmdr Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
Time is a fine storyteller, and history a fond student.
-- Hannibal, "The Big Squeeze"
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Yunisca » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:41 pm

[ It wasn’t long before the two of them were led to their tents for the night, with the music and laughter starting to fade into what seemed like a distant memory. When this was over, he wasn’t sure what the next part of the program was, but he was glad that he was discovering this . . . and Yunisca was with him.]

Yunisca hoped that Murdock would sleep well, as she let her self drift off to sleep, she knew that dawn came very early. Next thing she knew a little girl was running in to wake her up. Yunisca quickly rose and followed the girl to the nearby stream to wash and dress, knowing that a young man would be doing the same with Murdock. After slipping on the gentle emerald gown, set in a style favored by the Vulcan race, she brushed her hair out, before going to meet Murdock, and to start the long treck. Yunisca knew that they had a 10 mile treck to get to where the meditation spot was up the mountain. She just hoped Murdock was up for it. Then would come the link and that in its self could be taxing let alone dangerous. Carefully she made sure her face showed nothing as she turned to watch the direction she knew Murdock would come from, and waited for him.

Tag:Murdock

Lt.1st.cl. Yunisca, Head Counsilor

Counsling

USS Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:40 am

(OOC: Sorry about the delay everyone. I’ve been experiencing a few health problems that have kept me occupied of lately.)

Captain Ja’arda listened to the Vulcan and inwardly smiled. His logic clearly shown through with his suggestion that he be allowed to work with the other new crew members, and help work them into the roster so they know when their duty shifts were going to be.. It was a very sensible suggestion, and a great way to make himself useful while the whole roster situation got straightened out.

“Your logic in this case, Ensign, is flawless. Often times, it is difficult for new crew members to get acclimated to the ship and being a part of a crew, especially after coming from the Academy where the environment was significantly different. But, you actually came up with a way to where you can get involved, and help others who might be experiencing the same difficulty,” she pointed out, a look of approval shining through her eyes.

She was concerned when he had mentioned that he hadn’t been sleeping very well since he had come on board, but hoped that was attributed to the transition, and trying to find a place among the crew. “As for your sleeping patterns, if you’re still having difficulty after you’ve started your work, I’d recommend that you speak with Commander Sullivan. She’s half-Vulcan, so she would clearly understand what you’re going through and might be able to render assistance.”

“Thank you, Captain,” Ensign Savan responded. “I will take my leave to attend to my duties.”

“You’re welcome, and don’t hesitate to come to me anytime you’ve got concerns, or you simply want to talk,” Zania mentioned with a smile, rising to her feet as she watched him leave. As soon as he exited her Ready Room, she also stepped out onto the Bridge, finding Commander Sullivan sitting there . . . almost as if waiting for her. Ti’ana had wanted the Captain to get some rest before, when they had returned from the surface of Baku, so it was logical that she might try to insist again.

“Commander, what’s the status of the modification of the probes?” Azanialix wondered, hoping to get an update of that situation. If Ti’ana was going to urge her to get some rest, she at least wanted to know what was going on with that first.

Tag: Sullivan, or anyone else on the Bridge, or who wants to see the Captain

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

New Beginnings.

Postby Usum » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:39 pm

(OOC: I know that I have been putting this off for way to long, but I wanted to see how everyone writes before I posted. I really am looking forward to being a part of this Sim, and getting to know everyone. If anyone ever wants to do a joint post with me (which I really love doing) let me know. Until next time, have fun!)

“Computer, begin personal log,” stated Usum.

“Time has finally arrived where I will begin my time aboard the USS Zealous. I am not certain how the other crewmembers will receive me, but if they are anything like most Starfleet crews, I’m sure everything will go along just fine, or it will after some time at any rate. One thing I am sure of is that I will be glad to get started in my new position.”

“Computer, pause log,” Usum said in a soft voice.

As Usum paced aimlessly around he had several thoughts about his last posting, his friends he was leaving behind, and reservations about starting out onboard a new ship with a bunch of strangers. Speaking aloud to no one, he said, “I really hate this. Why did this have to happen to me?”

“Please clarify,” spoke the computer.

“Disregard, computer, I wasn’t talking to you.” Usum shook his head with even more disgust than he realized. What most people don’t know about his kind is how hard it really is for them to get accustomed to new people and new surroundings. What is even more hard for people to realize is that he is the only person of his kind that he knows of that is off world. Although telling people about things of that nature would be totally inappropriate or even taboo, it doesn’t keep him from thinking about them. Not only that, but he knows that he isn’t the first and/or the only person to have feelings of being alone in this galaxy. No, Usum would just have to get used to the fact that being in Starfleet meant that sometimes he would have to learn to live with what they wanted, regardless of what he wants.

“Computer, continue personal log from where I left off,” Usum said in a low tone, trying to shake that empty feeling.

“From the research I have been doing since learning of my new assignment, the captain seems to be very good at her job, but she also seems to be very head strong at times. I’m not sure how she will act if I remind her about Starfleet protocols and such if she wants to lead an away mission or something, but I will do the job I’m here to do to the best of my ability. Hopefully she will be like any other captain in Starfleet and be thankful for trying to keep her safe. Hmmm, that may be wishful thinking. However, that is what those rules are for, after all.”

“Ensign Usum, please report to the transporter room. We will be within range of the USS Zealous in five minutes, Lieutenant Hernandez out.”

Tapping his comm badge, Usum replied,” Yes, sir, I’m on my way now. Computer, save log and download all my personal logs to this PADD.” Once he heard the tones that told him that the download was complete, Usum picked up his bags of belongings and headed to the transporter room. Now that the time had finally arrived, he knew the he would have to put all his doubts aside and do what he was here to do. And that meant be the best Security/Tactical officer that ever has been, or at least try.

Tag: Anyone and everyone.
Usum
Officer Candidate
Officer Candidate

Postby Robinson » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Jarrold made his apologies for being called away and Joy and Dean continued working on the probe. T'oq then arrived and the three of them soon completed the task.

"That ought to do the job" Joy said. "We will soon have that radiation out of the planets rings so that there can be no repeat of what happened with the worms"

"Good. I'll Give it a go Over and report it to the captain. Thank You For your help, Commander" Dean said with a smile. He started to go over the Probe to make sure every thing is in order.

"Glad to help" Joy said

Tag Dean

Joy then turned to T'oQ and said "And well done with getting that data out of the station's records. It's maddening to think that it was one of the Federation's own scientists that caused the problem in the first place but i'm glad we are able to rectify it now"

Tag T'oQ

Joy then headed out of the lab and towards her quarters.

Tag anyone who wants to bump into Joy

Lt Cmdr Joy Robinson
Chief Science Officer
USS Zealous

OOC: Well everyone baby is due on Monday and i'm getting twinges already so hopefully it won't be long. So I hope to be able to post some pictures next time i'm online
"worry is interest on a debt you may never owe" from a fortune cookie

Lt Cmndr Joy Robinson
Chief Science Officer
USS Zealous
Robinson
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby H M Murdock » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:38 am

Murdock was awoken the next morning within the simulation, thanks to the gentle hand of a young boy who came to tell him that it was time. He aroused the helm officer from his sleep, and helped him toward a nearby stream, where he was able to wash up, and get dressed. The area that he was in was very secluded, so although he could hear sounds nearby, he couldn’t see who else might have been around him.

The young boy had provided a green robe to the Texan, who put it on over his uniform. He wasn’t familiar with the style, but it looked to be a very . . . logical design. When he put it on and looked at his reflection within the water, it seemed to be very flattering.

After he had finished putting on the robe, Murdock was led to a grove where Yunisca was already waiting for her. She wore a gown that was also the same color green that he wore, and looked absolutely radiant standing there. He reached toward her with a hand, and gently took hers.

“How far to where we need to go for the mind meld?” he inquired.

“Ten miles,” Yunisca responded.

“Let’s get started then,” he suggested, giving her a chance to lead the way.

She started heading along the trail that would take them to their destination, although it was becoming apparent that they were slowly starting to trek up a mountain. The view, from what he was able to see, was absolutely stunning, and reminded him a lot of some of the remote areas of Earth.

As they made their way, Murdock heard the holodeck doors open. Glancing in the direction where the sound had originated from, he could see Dr. Hunter enter into the simulation, and dismiss the EMH. That meant that the away team was now back from the surface of the planet.

“Glad to see you’ve returned from Baku, Doctor,” Murdock greeted him in a friendly tone. “I’m assuming that you’re going to take over monitoring Yunisca and myself during the mind meld?”

Tag: Hunter, Yunisca

Lt Cmdr Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Yunisca » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:21 am

[Blake turned his head sideways before saying "yes, I've returned from Baku, and yes I'll take over monitoring" he said "this is a strange place for a mind meld" he said "But the technique is not unheard of on Vulcan" he said waiting for a response from either of them

Blake nodded his head in understanding "yes well, I'm only a third Vulcan" he said before saying "well shall we get this meld done I can practically smell chefs cooking from down hear and I think there will be a lot of people with acute despesia" he said with a grin]

Yunisca slowly glanced at Murdock then at Blake. He shouldn't have been able to get into the program without her authorization code, but that could be delt with later. Carefully glanceing at Blake she messured her responces. " First off this is just the path to get to the mind meld spot, and of course is not unheard of on Vulcan seeing as it is a Vulcan practice. If you have read my file you know that I am half Vulcan my self and spent the first parts of my life there, and if you would rather go eat than feel free to go since we have a ten mile trek first, and mind melds are not always the quickest thing to do, this could logically take a while." Slowly flicking her hair back behind her ear again, she glanced at Murdock before saying, " Now if you two are done chatting, and are ready we should head. We need to be at the top of this mountain before sun set. We should be halfway up about lunch time, however no stopping to eat, conseder this fasting. I hope the scenery of where were going will more than make up for your hungry stomachs. " Then glancing at Murdock again she smiled slightly as she said " I need you to try and prepare your self to clear your mind once were up there, we need to be there before sunset for the meditation time, the meld will be done after dark." Suddenly Yunisca relized she was smiling and quicly smoothed her face before waiting for thier responces, and to head up the mountain.

Tag: Murdock, Blake

Lt.1st.cl.Yunisca, Head Counsilor

Counsling

Uss Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Shadowy Introduction

Postby brawl » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:55 am

Captain Ja'arda looked into the eyes of her Executive Officer, and let a bit of a grin appear upon her face. "You're not going to let up until I get some rest, are you?" Zania joked.

"I wouldn't be a good XO if I did," Ti'ana shot back almost playfully.

"Very well. You have command until I wake up," the Betazoid mentioned.

Although her XO was half-Vulcan, the Captain could swear that she saw a slight grin on Commander Sullivan's face as she headed for the Turbolift. The door slid open as she approached, allowing her to step onto the car. "Deck 2."

As the doors slid shut behind her, Azanialix thought to herself, wondering just how long it had been since she had last been in her quarters, and actually had a chance to rest. This was going to feel pretty good, and was a long time coming.

She exited the Turbolift and proceeded to her quarters, walking in through the doorway without giving things much of a second thought. As her eyes began to adjust to the darkness, she noticed a shadowy figure sitting on the couch in her living area.

"Computer, lights," Zania called out, waiting for the system to respond so she could get a much better look at her visitor. There'd better be a good explanation for this.

"Pardon the intrusion Captain," said the figure, now illuminated to reveal a tall male Trill, his spots somewhat subdued, with light brown hair. "It's been such an interesting week that I wanted to introduce myself privately." He stood and extended his hand revealing his grey uniform. "Sarten Talo, Starfleet Intelligence."

She looked at her visitor curiously, impressed by the fact that he had gotten into her quarters when she wasn't around. There were only a couple of others who had the access to do that without her presence, so that just spoke volumes in terms of this officer's abilities.

From looking at the grey-uniformed individual, she could immediately spot two things . . . his spots that indicated that he was a Trill, but also the Ensign rank pip that adorned his collar. In spite of that low rank, he seemed to have the confidence of a Lt Commander, Commander, or even a starship Captain. That impressed her even that much more with the officer.

She accepted his handshake, and even grinned a little bit at him. "It's good to meet you, Sarten. Please, have a seat," Azanialix offered. "In a way, your timing couldn't be more impecable. We just got back from our away mission, and I'm not sure if you're aware of the situation with my Intelligence officers."

"Not completely ma'am," he said, sitting back down. "I do know it's not a good situation though. Good time to be transferred I guess. I've already been in the ship's Intelligence Vault though, and I'm ready to go to work."

"Well, some of them have had a tendency to disappear into the shadows. It's hard to tell if they might have been involved with Section 31 at all, but their disappearance does lend reason for belief that perhaps they might have had something to do with their absence from our crew," the Betazoid noted. Zania was impressed by the fact that he had already taken the time to go through the information that had been filed away in the Intelligence section of the ship's computers. It seemed as if this officer wasted no time at all, and she liked that. She walked over to the replicator and then turned to look back at Sarten. "Care for something to eat or drink?"

"Terrans know how to make a soft drink," he said with a smirk. "Cherry Coca-Cola." Sarten was impressed by the captain's quarters. In many lifetimes Talo had never seen a commanding officer of a starship with such a simple but... telling quarters. He imagined it was a Betazoid thing.

"Not all of us are Section, ma'am," he said as she ordered the drink and handed it to him. "Former Section usually." He chuckled at the joke. "But I'm a permanent fixture."

She nodded to him, and smiled a bit. "Two cherry coca-colas," Zania requested from the replicator. She had the soft drink once before when she was at the academy, but it had been some time since she had last sampled it, and it wasn't the cherry flavor, either. After the two drinks matterialized in front of her, she returned to the couch and put one of the glasses down in front of her guest. The other, she kept within her hands as she sat down and crossed her legs. "That's the one thing about Intelligence . . . it can be rather difficult for someone to fathom with all of the intricacies involved, including Section. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, is it true that once a person does become Section, they usually don't ever leave? I've heard of many who believe that they have, only to be drawn right back in again."

"They can leave," Sarten corrected, "but... forced reenlistment is common." He took a sip of the soda, savored the fizz on his tongue and swallowed. "I also come with a bit of bad news Captain. There's something... big brewing nearby. I'm not sure what it is, but my contacts are all whispering about it, which isn't common. I wish I knew more than that." Talo grumbled in his mind, affirming the desire for more information, but he knew it wasn't likely to come.

The Betazoid nodded in understandment, as she had kind of experienced that with the first Executive Officer she had served with on board the Zealous. He had taken up some Intelligence work, while being on the ship, giving others a chance to serve as Executive Officer. Although he had tried to get back into the action, he had quickly fallen back into the line of Intelligence again, sealing himself off in his quarters and researching various things that might help the Zealous on future missions.

"Sounds like it could be something serious. Can you see what else you can find out about it through your connections with Intelligence? A location . . . anything that could give us a better direction as to where we could do a little investigating of our own? I'd need to know if, whatever it is, could be a threat to this ship, this crew, and the Federation," Zania requested, hoping that he might be able to even get an ounce more of details that might help.

"Of course Captain," he said. He took several swallows of the soda again. "In fact, that was my plan after my introduction. We'll... I'll get on that right now." He grinned. He stood and offered the captain a smart salute. "I'll let you know the moment I have information Captain."

Azanialix couldn't help but to grin. "No need to salute me," she pointed out gently as she stood as well. "And thank you. I appreciate it, and I'm sure that we're going to require your services quite often when it comes to various missions."

It was at that point that she heard a communication that the probes were ready for launch . . . including from Ti'ana Sullivan along with another officer, plus also a request from Ensign Sison for him to see her at her convenience. It almost seemed as if a Captain's work was never done . . . but then again, she did enjoy it, and enjoyed helping out her crew whenever they needed it. She tapped her combadge to reply to the first message, about the probes. The cheerful chirp of her device indicated that the channel had been activated, giving her a chance to talk, although her response was directed toward the Commander.

"Understood. Launch the probes, and then have the helm officer on duty set a course out of the Briar Patch," she told the half-Vulcan.

She then tapped her combadge once more to respond now to Ensign Sison. "Ensign, if you'd like, come to my quarters when you have time. Commander Sullivan insisted that I get some rest, so I don't think she would be too pleased to see me up there anytime soon." She giggled a bit.

She then turned her attention back to Sarten and again gave him another smile. "One of the pitfalls of being a Captain. . . sometimes having a lot of people who need help all at once, but sometimes I wouldn't have it any other way. This crew is very special to me, and like a family."

"Hope I end up more than an obnoxious cousin then ma'am," he said with a grin. He gave the captain a nod and left her quarters, ready for this new challenge.
~ Captain Michael S Tucker, CO, USS Ark Royal NCC-71331 ~
~ Lieutenant Michael Thornton, CENG, USS Pegasus ~
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Spooks

Postby brawl » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:02 pm

Sarten left the captain's quarters, his mind racing over and over with some of the Betazoid's final words.

["...then have the helm officer on duty set a course out of the Briar Patch..."]

He slipped into a nearby Turbolift and gave the command for his destination. The Briar Patch was a common mention among the whispers he'd heard among his Intel contacts. If something was going to happen
in the Patch, why hadn't it happened while the Zealous, one of the few Starfleet vessels nearby, was otherwise occupied by the wormlings?

He left the lift as it stopped and exited briskly. He headed for the Vault, the secure room that housed much of the intelligence workings of a starship. Talo relaxed within his mind as they entered. The symbiont
was much more comfortable when working than when socializing. Sarten thought it was an unusual trait for a Trill symbiont.

"Computer, open access, code Talo Alpha Chi," he said. "Any new messages?"

"Affirmative," the female voice answered. "Sender Colonel Kherop." Sarten sat down at a terminal and tapped the screen.

"Route message to my terminal and begin playing," he said.

The Klingon warrior appeared on the screen, baring his teeth. Kherop was an old friend of Talo's previous host, Nevarr.

"Greetings my friend," he growled. "May this message find you well and hero of many battles. I have been working on the source that we found weeks ago. There is little more information that I've found beyond a name- the Breen. I am investigating Breen movement in the Empire's borders, and I would encourage you to do the same." The message ended abruptly. Sarten frowned and closed the message on his terminal.

"Computer, I need all the latest information we have on the Breen. And I need it yesterday."
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Utah, USS Ark Royal, USS Pegasus and the whole wide Marvel Universe on off days

Postby Yunisca » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:07 am

The helm officer looked to Yunisca and nodded at her statements. As he began to follow her up the mountain, he looked over to Dr. Hunter and decided to ask, “Have you ever performed a mind meld before? I’m rather curious as to what the experience is like, as I didn’t recall the first one.”

"its rather hard to explain" said Blake at first.. "mind melds are usually different depending on the mildee and milder" he said "usually its like a paradox in time, or its nothing but you and the person your melded with in a white room" he added

“So,” Murdock started, trying to see if he had understood this correctly, “it’s similar to shutting out the rest of the universe around you, to where the only other thing you are aware of is the person that you’re melding with?”

The path up the mountain curved a little bit, and he followed Yusnica around that curve. From what he could see, the path was going to become a bit more treacherous with their trek to the top, where the meld would take place. It would be a bit of a challenge, but he was certainly up for it. He was doing this for Yunisca, more than anything else. She didn’t deserve to live with his . . . insanity . . . for the rest of her life.

"basically yes" said Blake "however, as I said previously I am new to this type of melding... on Vulcan we go to Mt Selya, there is a temple there that is filled with vulcan priests who help those of us injured by melds or who need to meld, or meditate on thoughts or feelings that may be aroused by certain points in ones environment...such as stress for example or seeing someone die infront of your very eyes" he said

“Most intriguing . . .” the Texan mused. He then became pretty curious about something else as well. “What is Vulcan like, Doctor? I’ve never been there before, so I’m interested in learning more about the planet and what things are like on the surface.”

Blake looked sideways at Murdock "I've never meet a person who hasn't visited vulcan before" he said "think of vulcan as mars... a red hot planet, craters and volcanoes surrounding the planet...at least thats where most of the ancient families live" he said "and mine...though of mixed race live in the oldest part of Vulcan" he said

“Actually, I’ve never been to Mars either,” he mentioned, shrugging his shoulders. “I would love to go sometime, with Yunisca with me. I’m sure that it would be most enlightening.”

The path was now starting to get a bit rough to climb up. He grabbed onto a couple of the rocks and hoisted himself up. As he did so, he looked to Yunisca to make sure that she was making the climb okay herself. The last thing he’d need was for anything to go wrong, and have her injured . . . or worse.

"you know...this almost reminds me of the path we take to reach the temple" he said "supposedly the rocks are a step into the meld...to help make you feel tired and more relaxed, and easier to succumb to the meld" he said "usually it helps for those going..." he said stopping himself in mid sentence

"oh...I see" he added

Murdock nodded to Dr. Hunter, now understanding why the trek up the mountain was so long, and even hazardous. But, in the end, it would most certainly be well worth it. He also heard the Doctor’s reaction to the fact that he hadn’t seen Mars either. With a half-smile on his face, the helm officer mentioned, “When this is over, Doctor, I’d be glad to sit down and explain things to you. I believe you’ll find my story . . . most interesting.”

Blake looked at him "stories...no matter how old are always interesting to those kneen on learning new things every day" said Blake "one of the reasons why I became a doctor, I learn from the old, and teach when I'm old" he said "and to think nearly 89 years of wisdom would be enough to teach" he said

Murdock paused for a moment with the climb, looking at the doctor for a moment. He didn’t even think about how long the lifespan of a Vulcan was, which kind of threw him off guard for a moment. “89 is a pretty long time. I’d probably be lucky if I have all of my hair by that point,” he laughed, knowing his hair sometimes seemed pretty thin around the top to begin with.

Blake looked at Murdock for a second before laughing to himself "you actually thought I was younger?" he asked "don't let my half human self decieve you good sir" he said with a hearty laugh

“Yes, I did,” the helm officer mentioned with a look of appreciation on his face. Knowing just how old the doctor was actually impressed him, and probably helped to aid him in his medical knowledge, which made his skills even that much better compared to a normal human. He resumed his climb toward the top of the mountain, still looking toward Yunisca to make sure she was okay.

Blake made a sideways glance at the helm officer before saying "If you want, you could come visit, on vulcan" said Blake "ever flown a shuttle through arid desert with a magnetic field?" he asked

“Not yet, but that sounds rather challenging. I often enjoy a good challenge,” Murdock nodded to him, willing to try doing that. If they were able to practice that, even on the holodeck, it might prepare the Texan for the future . . . especially if he wanted to surprise Yunisca with a visit to Vulcan.

He looked up again toward the top of the mountain, and saw that they were almost there. The sun was almost at a point of setting, and from the looks of things and their progress, they were likely going to make it up there just in time to start the meld. “We’re almost there.”

"indeed we are" said Blake "and I'm pretty sure the magnetic field will be quite a challenge for you...but lets say we put your mind at ease first shall we?" "we do need a helm officer back on the job, and I'm just a doctor, not a helmsman " said Blake with a slight chuckle

“Agreed,” the helm officer nodded. He pulled himself up the rest of the way, and saw that Yunisca had already gotten up there, and moved over to a spot. “Wish us luck, doctor. We’re probably going to need it.”

He took a seat across from Yunisca and closed his eyes, instantly clearing his mind of all thoughts. After he did so, he opened his eyes and looked at her, “I’m ready.”

Blake looked at him for a second ~I never wish luck~ he thought to himself "but good luck anyways" he said under his breath
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby Yunisca » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:07 am

[ “Agreed,” the helm officer nodded. He pulled himself up the rest of the way, and saw that Yunisca had already gotten up there, and moved over to a spot. “Wish us luck, doctor. We’re probably going to need it.”

He took a seat across from Yunisca and closed his eyes, instantly clearing his mind of all thoughts. After he did so, he opened his eyes and looked at her, “I’m ready.”

Blake looked at him for a second ~I never wish luck~ he thought to himself "but good luck anyways" he said under his breath]

Yunisca had halfway listened to the conversation as they climbed. And part of her inwardly crinched when she heard Murdock say he might like to visit Vulcan. Shakeing the feeling off she had focused all her energy into climbing this mountain, and when she got to the top, she slowly moved over to the spot she used for her meditations, and let her self sit and relax as she listened to the waterfall and nature. She watched as Murdock and Black approched, and waited. Then when Murdock said he was ready she couldn't help but let a small smile exscape. "Okey if were ready i'm going to get this thing underway, Doctor try to stay as inconsbicuous as possiable if you would, Murdock just clear your mind and relax, don't fight it. " Having said that Yunisca closed her eyes and slowly focused her self inward. She let the world around her fall away as she meditated. She carefully blocked out all sound forcing her self to focus on nothing yet everything. When she had reached an almost trance like state she slowly opened her eyes, giving just the barest nod of her head she brought her hands up and placed two fingers on each side of Murdocks' head, so that the fingers laid in his temples. Then as she glanced into his eyes, she felt the connection. Yunisca felt a slight sensation of falling, but ignored it as the area became pure white. It was here that she started to look for Murdock, for it was here inside his mind, in this white nothingness, that the meld would truely begin.

Tag: Murdock, Blake

Counsiling
USS Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby H M Murdock » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:21 pm

The helm officer watched Yunisca as she prepared for the meld, and also tried to clear his mind at the same time, not knowing fully what to expect. He gave a nod to Blake, appreciating his presence during this and knowing that if either one of them got in trouble, he’d find a way to save their lives.

He returned his gaze and his focus to Yunisca as he continued to try and clear his mind of everything . . . except for her. He had so much feeling and love for her, and he hated the fact that she was having to struggle against his own mentality . . . what he had built up and developed for so long just so he could cope with what happened in the war.

He saw her open her eyes, and reach out toward him, gently touching her fingers against his temple. The connection was almost instant, and he felt and saw the rest of the environment fading away, leaving nothing but a white void.

He looked around him, seeing nothing but white. He wasn’t even sure which way was up, or down, or sideways. After a moment, almost as if a sea had parted, he could see Yunisca. Murdock moved closer to her, somehow instinctually knowing that he had to reach her for whatever reason. It was slow going, but he eventually managed to traverse the distance and they stood in front of each other.

Right then and there, Murdock wanted to draw her into an embrace, or even kiss her, but he wasn’t sure whether or not that would disrupt the mind meld. He waited, patiently, for her instructions so he would know what they had to do in order to restore his mind to what it was before the first meld. And, if it resulted in a stronger bond between them, so be it. He would rather feel that bond with Yunisca, than to live without her at this point.

Lt Cmdr Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Digging Deep

Postby brawl » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:06 pm

Starbase 152

Sarten Talo watched the Caitan male and human female hug a few tables away. He was somewhat familiar with Ensign Sison and his transformation, but the nitty-gritty of the escaped him. It didn't matter. He didn't need to know everything about everybody about the Zealous.

"Talo, is that you?" Sarten turned to see his contact, a large Tellarite Lieutenant Commander named Juk that one of Talo's (short-lived) previous hosts had been good friends with.

"Yeah, it's me Juk. Sorry to call in a favor after... however long it's been."

"Fifteen years, but I'm not concerned about that. You contacted me for information, didn't you?"

Sarten nodded. He slid a PADD across the table as Juk sat down. He waved a waitress over and ordered a warm Earth Ale. Sarten chuckled.

"Fifteen years, and you're still ordering that Terran brain-rot," he said.

"It's damn good stuff," Juk replied, starting to play with his pips. Juk's yellow uniform betrayed his position in Ops, but he was old Section, and that meant connections. He picked up the PADD and began reading.

"Breen eh? I don't know much about them. Old Dominion allies. The one I want to warn you about is the True Federation. They're a nasty bunch Talo."

"Oh?" Sarten asked. He leaned forward. "Tell me more."
brawl
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby H M Murdock » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 pm

Murdock nodded as he heard the counselor speak, requesting that he focus on his past . . . the part of himself that he had tried to shut off. “I understand,” he replied, taking a deep breath as he tried to mentally prepare himself to open the flood gates to his past. He didn’t want to burden her with it, and in some ways the mental walls he put up were designed to even protect him from the harsh reality of that time.

But, he was willing to do this for Yunisca. The last thing that he wanted was for her to be stuck with his memories, and not be able to handle it herself. He loved her too much to have her live the rest of her life, having to struggle with the things that he had gone through.

He began to think about the past, and as he did so, the white void around them was replaced by a dense jungle, with light filtering through the dense foliage. The beams seemed to shine through, making the area seem almost beautiful in some ways, but in another way it was rather ominous.

Through the dense leaves, he could clearly see a group of men approach, wearing camouflage that made them blend into their surroundings. The olive drab color was unmistakable, but so was the formation by the men, which were approaching their position. They were clearly on patrol, with weapons at the ready.

As they drew even closer, he could see their faces, and his jaw practically dropped as he recognized them one by one. It was his unit . . . the one that he had served with for so long, and had been a pilot for ever since he had gotten sent to this country and became part of the conflict.

And then, Murdock saw himself, wearing a helmet and carrying a AK-47 as he held formation with the others, moving along the patrol. He looked around one more time, and began to realize exactly where he was . . . and what was about to happen.

It was the event that set everything off . . . his first ground patrol.

Within seconds, he heard the unmistakable ring of fire from a gun, as well as the cry of someone who was in tremendous pain. He could see someone crumple to the ground in front of him, his face etched in agony. Another shot rang out, just as the men began to scramble, and he saw another man fall in front of him, bleeding tremendously from where the bullets pierced his body.

There were calls from the other men for a medic . . . but from the arm patches, it was clear that the only medic they had among them was among those gunned down. It was happening all over again, and all before his eyes . . . seeing the two men that were gunned down dying before him, and he was just a pilot. He knew a little basic first aid, but not enough to be able to stop the bleeding, or save their lives . . .

“Nooooooooooo!” Murdock called out, tears streaming from his eyes as it was becoming too much to bear . . . watching the men take their last breaths and die right in front of him. The helm officer collapsed to his knees as he watched the horror that was unfolding before him.

Then, the scene shifted into one that was even that much more horrific . . . one that haunted him, even to this day. He could see himself trapped within a small bamboo cage, worn, ragged, and bone thin, almost as if he hadn’t eaten in some time. Again, he could see the shafts of light filter through the dense jungle foliage, piercing through the darkness almost as if trying to provide some semblance of hope.

He could see other men, including a few from his unit, that were also trapped in similar cages . . . prisoners of war who were malnourished, and showed numerous bruises throughout their bodies. That was just one sign of just how badly they had been tortured and treated within this area of devastation.

The tears continued to flow as he saw a couple of dark-clothed individuals approach a cage, and pull out the body of one of his unit, who didn’t survive the torture. He watched them carelessly dump the corpse into a shallow grave, and then force the others to cover it up with dirt. They never even had a chance to grab the dog tags before they were forced to bury the soldier, which meant that his family would never know what happened to him.

That thought just devastated him, even though he grew up an orphan . . . the thought of having a family was an important one. The nightmares were occurring right in front of his eyes again, and he couldn’t do anything about it but watch and re-live the pain and immense sadness he felt with watching a person die.

He glanced up to Yunisca for guidance, wondering how much longer before this nightmare was going to end . . .

Lt Cmdr Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Yunisca » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:09 am

[ The tears continued to flow as he saw a couple of dark-clothed individuals approach a cage, and pull out the body of one of his unit, who didn’t survive the torture. He watched them carelessly dump the corpse into a shallow grave, and then force the others to cover it up with dirt. They never even had a chance to grab the dog tags before they were forced to bury the soldier, which meant that his family would never know what happened to him.
That thought just devastated him, even though he grew up an orphan . . . the thought of having a family was an important one. The nightmares were occurring right in front of his eyes again, and he couldn’t do anything about it but watch and re-live the pain and immense sadness he felt with watching a person die.
He glanced up to Yunisca for guidance, wondering how much longer before this nightmare was going to end . . .]

Yunisca flinshed inwardly as she watched the horror that was taking place, but kept her face totally cleared of emotion. Bloody battles were a thing that all Klingons should be use to but this wasn't a battle it was a massacure. She watched as the tears rolled down Murdock's face and wondered if he some how felt responsiable for this. Slowly she reached out and clasped Murdocks hand before speaking almost in a whisper. "I know this has got to be hard for you to watch.. but rember its in the past and it can't be changed. Rember that all this is part of what makes you who you are. Rember that none of it was your fault and that death is a part of life, no matter how it comes about. " Carefully she thought about what else she could say, this was a part of Murdock's past that obviously he had trouble dealing with, and why with the first meld her emotions became so much harder to control... it had to be because he had yet learnt to deal with them his self. "I belive I know why the meld partially got so messed up the first time.. I don't know what happened that made my own link so strong, but I know why the emotions got so hard to controll, you have yet learnt to deal with what has happened... so you've bottled your emotions up and when the meld linked us they found a way to escape. " Yunisca then slowly pondered what to do next, when a thought came to her... Perhapce it was time to give Murdock a view of her own past... a past she had shared with no one but her father. " Murdock I want you to clear your mind again... do it slowly though... Once its clear again, I'm going to show you something that may help you... but I must have your complete trust, and you can never tell any one about this." Yunisca forced her self to slow her breathing and wondered if this was the right thing to do... knowing inwardly that she risked more than she would admit... but also knowing that she had grown to love the Texan and there was nothing else she could think of at the moment. Carefully she prepared her self for the danger of what she was about to do as she let Murdock slowly clear his mind.

tag: Hunter, Murdock

Lt.1st.class Yunisca, Head Counsilor
Counsling
USS Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Ghosts of the past continued

Postby Yunisca » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:49 pm

[ He listened as Yunisca advised him to clear his mind again, although slowly. "I understand. I trust you, and you have my word that I will not tell anyone about this," he agreed, taking a deep and cleansing breath as he pushed the memories of the past out of his mind for the moment. Anything that he could learn would be invaluable when it came to dealing with the memories of the past.]

Yunisca slowly exhaled as she let her mind drift to the past. She closed her eyes as the whiteness started filling in. The void closed in around a younger version of her, and a young male Vulcan. The only man she had ever let get close to her heart. She slowly opened her eyes and watched as the young Vulcan leaned in and whispered how much he liked her. Than she left time drift foward slowly to the day she dreaded. The one that was the catalyst to everything. Her younger self walked around waiting for the young Vulcan. She again felt her heart start to race as she spied him approching, and the curiosity sink in when she noticed the others with him. She felt her heart being crushed and the hurt and pain flood her body as the young Vulcan told her she was a full, that no self respecting Vulcan would ever love a half-breed like her. She felt the anger begin to build again as the others started laughing. An Anger that over took her, she watched, again in horror, as she lost her self to the anger. She watched as her younger self leaped on the boy and started pounding into him. She watched as her younger version had to be drug off the boy, as the boy was rushed off to medical. She watched as her mother drug her home and scolded her for letting her emotions get the better of her. Then she watched as her heart broke when the news of the boy's condition came in. She had almost killed him, and then it got worse, she listend again to her mother tell her she needed to leave the planted. That after what had happened she couldn't stay. And then to her shock her mother informed her she was sending her to her father, a man she'd never met.

Slowly the background changed again, this time to a few of a huge Klingon man sitting at the table enjoying dinner with friends as the younger version of her self showed up at the door with a bad in hand. She was terrified, but faught so hard to control the emotions, not to let them show, as the huge Klingon stood up and headed towards her. Then she watched in shock again as all of a sudden the huge Klingon leaned down and picked her up with a smile, giving her a big hug and welcomning her home. She let the time slowly drift over the next few years, as the Klingon's taught her to fight, to let the emtions show and to live life. Then she paused it as the sceane changed. She zoomed it in on it, there again before her was her father telling her he had a suprize, something that would help her Vulcan half. Puzzled she had followed him to a holodeck, only to be amazed when he had ran the program she was now running. Then she listend again and was still amazed as he explained that although he had loved her mother very much, the emotions were not handled to well on Vulcan or by her mother. And how since she was half Vulcan, that he knew how much not letting other see her emotions had been driven into her. So he had designed this for her. Away she could practice her Klingon fighting, let her emotions flow, then meditate in order to once again be able to control her emotions. She then listened again as her father urged her into Starfleet acadamy. Slowly she let the background fade again as she cleared her mind. Hesatating just a moment, fearing what Murdock might think now that she had shown him the secret of her past, she took a deep breath and slowly exhaled before looking up at him.

Tag: Murdock

Lt.1stclass Yunisca

Head counsilor

Counsling

Uss Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Love or Doom.

Postby Yunisca » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:43 pm

[The moment he caught the glance from her eyes, his own were immediately filled with compassion and a deep sense of love. “Thank you,” he told her earnestly. “You have given me the greatest gift, and helped me to understand.”
With that, he drew his arms around the counselor in a tender embrace, and leaned forward until his lips met hers . . .]

Yunisca gently returned the kiss, before slowly easing back. Pulling them forword she carefully broke the meld. "Computer end program," she said as before glancing back at Murdock. "I haven't shared that with any one before unless I've had to. I hope it will help you some at least." Yunisca slowly let out a gentle sigh as she thought how to phrase the next part. "I don't know yet what the effects of this last meld will turn out to be but, either way I think I've lost my heart." Then before Murdock could respond, she rushed on. "I don't know how long this will last, love wasn't enough to keep my parents together." Gently slipping her arm around Murdock's waist. she let a small smile lighten her face as she spoke again. "I warn you though, don't expect these signs of emotion to come out to often, with out my logic I'd go totaly nuts." Then she quickly gave Murdock an gentle kiss, before waiting to see what would come next.

Tag: Murdock

Lt.1st.Class Yunisca, Head Counsilor
Counsiling
Uss Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby Zania Jaarda » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:10 am

The time that they had spent at the Starbase was amazing. Azanialix Ja'arda felt incredibly relaxed and rested, and she had a positive outlook on the future . . . especially with how her relationship with Blake Hunter had progressed. They had a new mission, though, which couldn't wait any longer. Thankfully, there wasn't much that had to be done in the way of repairs, and the layover had allowed them to take on a few new members of the crew during that time.

She looked forward to meeting each of these new members personally, and getting to know them. Unlike some other ships, the Captains would just allow the officers to just be handled by their department heads . . . but the Zealous was different. When a person joined the Zealous, they became like a member of the family. Even Ensigns were welcome to approach the Captain with ideas and concerns, and the Betazoid would want it really no other way.

Today was going to be the day. They had to conduct a promotion ceremony for the crew that performed well during the last mission, and they had to appoint a few department heads as well before they left on the new mission.

After getting up and getting dressed in a clean uniform, she made her way to a wall console and pressed a button, sending out a ship wide announcement. "Attention all hands, there will be a gathering in the lounge at 1000 hours, which is about three hours from now. I look forward to seeing all of you there. Captain Ja'arda out."

No sooner had she said that, she got an empathic impression . . . one of fear and terror. It was strong . . . very strong, which meant that it had to come from someone that was on a nearby deck. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to see if she could get a clearer image, and then knew immediately who it was coming from.

She exited her quarters and headed straight for the ones belonging to her Executive Officer, Ti'ana Sullivan. Something was wrong, and she had to find out what. She really hoped that this wasn't nightmares because of her encounters with the space worm, and she knew Ti'ana to be somewhat headstrong, so she likely wouldn't accept counseling that easily if this really had something to do with that.

After a few moments, she arrived at the door to Ti'ana's quarters and pressed a button for the door chime, waiting to see if she might answer . . .

Tag: Ti'ana and everyone!

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:45 pm

Captain Ja'arda entered the lounge, immediately spotting Ti'ana Sullivan. Some of the officers on the ship had arrived early, and it wasn't quite 1000 hours yet. There was still a bit of time for the rest to arrive, where they would promote a few to a higher rank, and even fill in some needed department head positions, before getting underway with their new mission.

She made her way to the windows and glanced out of them to the stars beyond. They glistened brightly, sparkling, almost as if trying to provide hope for the future. Inwardly, Azanialix hoped for a peaceful resolution with the TTF, but as long as they were intent on ridding the universe of those who were of mixed births. It almost seemed as if the lessons from Earth's past were not truly learned, and they were destined to repeat it again . . .

Shaking that thought from her mind for the moment, Zania turned around and tapped her combadge, "Captain Ja'arda to all crew. Just a reminder that there is a gathering in the lounge at 1000 hours, which is not that long from now. Please try to be there. Ja'arda out."

Now, all she had to do was wait for the others . . .

Tag: Everyone!

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby H M Murdock » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:35 am

The meld seemed like it was working, as Murdock was already feeling like his old self again. The playful spirit he had before seemed to return, but this time he felt as if he had more control than he had before. That was one of the greatest gifts that Yunisca could ever give him, with her love coming first and foremost.

He listened as she ended the program, and explained that she didn’t know what the results of the meld were going to be, but admitted that she lost her heart to him. She wasn’t sure how long the relationship would last, due to what happened with their parents, and cautioned him not to expect that many signs of emotion.

“Just have faith, as sometimes love can be such a powerful force that it’ll find ways to bring people together . . . to keep them together, no matter what troubles might arise,” the helm officer mentioned, trying to show a sign of encouragement that might put her mind at rest.

He felt her slipping her arm around his waist, and then gave him a kiss, and he returned it with one of his own. As much as he wanted it to last, it was interrupted by an announcement from the Captain, who had said that there was a gathering in the lounge. “Looks like duty calls, but I’m glad we got a chance to do this,” he smiled at her, a sparkle appearing back within his warm, brown eyes.

Wrapping an arm gently around her shoulders, the two of them left the holodeck and proceeded to make their way to the lounge. From what he remembered during his time on board the ship, usually when the Captain had called for everyone to gather like this, it meant that several were going to be promoted, and the Zealous was about to embark upon a new mission.

Tag: Yunisca, or anyone in the lounge who wants to say that they arrive

Lt Cmdr Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Yunisca » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:44 am

[ “A base?” Murdock parroted with a bit of a southern drawl.
Azanialix nodded. “Yes, Commander. Although it’s not confirmed, all information gathered by Starfleet Intelligence indicate that this is a strong possibility. All departments are expected to remain on high alert, and engage in various readiness drills. We have to expect anything, including a major fight and the possibility of casualties. We may have to train a few extra hands on how to use the fighters through holodeck simulations, in case it’s needed,” she instructed.

Zania again looked out at all of her officers, and then asked them, “Any further questions?”]

Yunisca slowly considered what this would all mean, along with the danger that could be involved. Slowly she glanced at the Captain before speaking. "Captain, consedering the situation, I would also like to request that all Commanding offecers be on alert to how there departments are reacting. If they see any abnormalities, I would like to request that the person be ordered to come see me. Logically, we can assume that at least some of the crew might have issues with the situation, or that other issues might come up that would interfer with this mission, and I ask this only as a precatunary step." Having said that, Yunisca leaned back in her chair and glanced over the rest of the officers before her eyes slowly landed on Murdock. Quickly she glanced away as a slight blush crept up her cheeks, and waited for the Captains answer.

Tag:Everyone

ooc: note okey things still ain't all worked out here... loosing my mom is kinda rough, but the legal end and the waiting is killing me so i'm going to try to keep up with things and start getting some normalacy back, just bare with me.

Counsling

Uss Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Previous

Return to Logs