Current Log Thread

Here lies Zealous logs... show them off to the rest of the board, or use the space if the mailstring is down.

Moderator: [Sim] Zealous - Hosts

Postby H M Murdock » Sat May 05, 2007 7:53 am

The helm officer listened as Yunisca detailed what had transpired between them, including the mind meld she had performed. Perhaps that was the reason as to why his whole personality, in a way, had changed from the way that it had been in the past. He had gone from fun loving and craziness to complete seriousness with no ability to joke around.

And, he wasn't upset at all about what Yunisca had done.

He gave her a gentle smile, and reached forward to take a hold of one of her hands. "Don't feel that you did anything wrong. You did what you thought was best at the time. You risked yourself . . . your own mental well-being to attempt and save my life, and I deeply appreciate that."

He paused for a moment, as a thought filled his mind. "I suspect that, perhaps, you may have acquired some of my more . . . unique . . . mental traits that I've lived with for many years. Many suspected that I was insane for a very long time, but I knew how to control it and use it as a tool. That could explain the change in my personality to one that's far more serious, and why you might be having more difficulty keeping your emotions under control."

More thoughts ran through Murdock's mind. There had to be a way to fix this . . . but how? Could a mind meld, similar to the one she had performed on him to save his life, be the key to at least restoring him to what he was like before? It was worth a shot . . .

"Do you think another mind meld might work to perhaps restore me to the way I was before, and perhaps to establish a greater emotional control within your own mind? If another mind meld might mean that we are emotionally linked, then there is no one else that I'd rather be bonded to, but to you," he noted with another gentle smile.

Still leaning foward, he gently caressed her hands as he waited for her answer . . .

Tag: Yunisca

Lt Cmdr. Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
Time is a fine storyteller, and history a fond student.
-- Hannibal, "The Big Squeeze"
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Robinson » Tue May 08, 2007 4:07 am

Standing up from her Command Chair, the dark hair of Azanialix cascaded down her back. She looked to her Chief Science officer and informed her, "Commander Robinson, I'm going to head to the Shuttlebay and personally check on our Away Team from the shuttle. You have the Bridge."

Although she took the center seat Joy felt uncomfortable. She felt her comamnd experience was rather lacking and decided when all this was over to talk to the Captain about that. What with everything that had happened lately what with Melissa still being on board and the disaster with the wormlings it had been just one thing after another.

The Zealous was busy monitoring the destruction of the space station. Luckily the plan had worked and the station was breaking up nicely. There would be a fantastic meteor show down on the planet in the next 3 to 4 hours but no damage to the Baku village. However the time for telling the Baku what was going on was drawing near as of course there would be no missing the meteors and she was sure the Baku would want to know what was going on.

A moment later Ensign Ryan arrived on the Bridge. He said that both he and the Captain were concerned that the destruction of the wormlings and the station breaking up may have had an affect on the healing properties of the planets rings.

This was indeed an alarming possibility. Joy and Percy began scanning to see if there was a problem here.

Then Zania stepped off the Turbolift and back onto the Bridge, with a new Operations officer.

"Ensign, your station will be right over here," she pointed out, gesturing to the chair, which was currently occupied.

Tag anyone on the Bridge
"worry is interest on a debt you may never owe" from a fortune cookie

Lt Cmndr Joy Robinson
Chief Science Officer
USS Zealous
Robinson
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Zania Jaarda » Wed May 09, 2007 8:09 am

When Captain Ja'arda returned to the Bridge, she felt a bit of uncertainty . . . uncomfortableness . . . and it was coming from Commander Robinson. Azanialix wasn't sure why she would feel that way, although it was something that she planned on talking to her about. Hopefully, they would be able to resolve those feelings, especially since she had started developing a strong friendship with Joy since the recent away mission to Earth.

Although she had returned to the Bridge, she still allowed Joy to remain in the Captain's seat. Zania stood next to her, observing what was going on, while Joy had directed the Ensign Tavan to his station. Ensign Ryan was there as well, which made the Betazoid hope that the two Operations officers would develop a bond . . . a friendship . . . due to the fact that they both worked in the same department.

Savar seemed to be someone who would be rather distant and unwilling to make friends otherwise, so with any luck this could be the breakthough needed so he could at least develop one strong friendship on the ship. Although some Vulcans preferred to remain by themselves when serving among other non-Vulcans, Zania had learned that no one individual could go on forever alone. It was important, in everyone's life, to have someone that they can associate with, relate to . . . or even love.

The Tri-cobalt devices had been launched, and worked as well as Ensign Kebron had calculated. The science station exploded in a firey cloud, leaving only scattered debris . . . most of which would burn up in the planet's atmosphere and would not pose a danger to the residents of Baku.

As she stood there, she saw ensign T'oQ and Crystal exit the Turbolift and approach her, asking to speak with her in private. Well, she needed to go to her Ready Room anyways and think about who she was going to ask to come with her on the away mission to Baku, where they had to break the tragic news of the events that had taken place.

Zania nodded to them, and then suggested, "Let's go to my Ready Room."

She moved over to the doorway, which opened as soon as she approached, and then walked inside. Taking a seat behind her desk, she waited for the two of them to enter before asking, "So, what's on your minds?"

Tag: T'oQ, Crystal, Joy, anyone on the bridge or who wants to see the Captain in her Ready Room

Captain Azanialix Ja'arda
CO, USS Zelaous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby H M Murdock » Sat May 12, 2007 10:31 pm

The Texan helm officer listened as Yunsica detailed her concerns, and then an event from her childhood that had a huge impact upon her life. He had no idea what she had been through, much less how hard it was for her to control her emotions . . . at least until now.

No wonder why he had occasionally seen a small smile from Yunisca in the past, only to have her try and cover it up within a few moments. The struggle she continually faced with her emotions, especially when it came to her feelings for him, probably had to be tremendous!

He reached across the table and gently took a hold of her hands, gazing deeply into her eyes. He gave her a gentle smile as he encouraged, "I know there are risks involved, but I would rather take those risks."

The helm officer shifted slightly in his seat, but continued to keep a gentle hold onto Yunisca's hands. "I probably should have told you about my past, and how many believed that I was insane. Although it was all things that I developed as part of a rouse, and I had created strong mental blocks to keep my inner self relatively normal, there were times that I was close to losing myself within the illusion of insanity. I wouldn't want you to live with my burden, when you've clearly had so much on your own shoulders."

He squeezed her hands slightly, and then mentioned, "That is why I am willing to take the risk . . . for the both of us. I believe this will work, but if it doesn't . . . no matter what happens, I will always love you and be there for you. We will find a way to get through this or anything else, together."

Murdock stood from his seat and then suggested, "I agree that we should inform the Captain of what we plan on doing. I know that she is very fair, and will make a very wise decision if we express everything to her. Should we try to go and see her now?"

Lt Cmdr. Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

talking it out

Postby Yunisca » Mon May 14, 2007 4:09 pm

[The helm officer shifted slightly in his seat, but continued to keep a
gentle hold onto Yunisca's hands. "I probably should have told you about my
past, and how many believed that I was insane. Although it was all things
that I developed as part of a rouse, and I had created strong mental blocks
to keep my inner self relatively normal, there were times that I was close
to losing myself within the illusion of insanity. I wouldn't want you to
live with my burden, when you've clearly had so much on your own shoulders."
He squeezed her hands slightly, and then mentioned, "That is why I am
willing to take the risk . . . for the both of us. I believe this will
work, but if it doesn't . . . no matter what happens, I will always love you
and be there for you. We will find a way to get through this or anything
else, together."
Murdock stood from his seat and then suggested, "I agree that we
should inform the Captain of what we plan on doing. I know that she is very
fair, and will make a very wise decision if we express everything to her.
Should we try to go and see her now?"]

Yunisca listened as Murdock described his own past, and then felt
her heart skip a beat as he said he loved her. Maybe her father was right
when he has told her emotions could be a good thing, but Her mother would
have a fit if she knew her father had told her that. Yunisca slowly let her
mind drift when another thought hit her. Perhapce her powers had surged do
to the fact that she had fell in love. Perhapce the merging of her emotions
with the vulcan logic had lead to the strange surge in powers. Carefully
focusing her attention back to Murdock she caught him sayng that maybe they
should go see the captain now.

"I think perhapce we should try to see her now, and maybe we should
also inform her of the fact that we've fallen in love with one another,"
having said it Yunisca quickly glanced away before slowly turning her eyes
back to Murdock. " Theres also another posiabiltiy I hadn't consedered
till now, having to do with why my powers may have surged. I never
consedered the fact that I was falling in love with you as a factor, till
now. I didn't know why they surged and allowed me to see you needing help
when you went unconsious, now I have to wonder if it was cause I had fallen
in love with you. That also may be why the meld formed with out me really
trying. However it could aslo bring in some other unknown factors to us
melding again. " Yunisca slowly glanced down at thier hands before quickly
glancing back up, "I don't want to endanger you, Love is a new emotion to
me, and it might be something that will take some time for me to adjust to,
and if your emotional state gives you problems, than maybe my fathers
emotional cleansing program could help you as well. I won't let you go in
it alone though, its not safe, even for me it has its risks and I'm half
klingon. " Suddenly Yunisca relize she was getting way off topic, forcing
her self back she slowly stated, "For now your right though, we should head
to the Captain to discuss this all with her, our relationship can be
discussed at a more appropriate time, exspecially since with the meld thier
is a chance that we'll be emotionally linked perminatly." Slowly Yunisca
eased her hand out of Murdocks, before standing up and walking around to
him. Gentaly reaching out a hand to him,wondering if it was the right thing
to do, and unsure of how he'd react, weather he'd take her hand or brush it
away, she stated " I suppose we should head that way." Yunisca waited for
him to make the next move, thinking to her self, "I may have to take more
notice of human relationships, if I'm going to figure out how to handle this
one. "

Tag: Murdock

Lt.1st.class Yunisca, Head Councilor
Counsiling
Uss Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby duckmedic » Fri May 18, 2007 12:09 am

After spending way too much time between only the fighter bays and his quarters, Ensign Percy makes his first appearance upon the bridge in many mouths. After reintroducing himself to several crew members, Howard thinks maybe I should get out more. He nods to his boss Lt Commander Murdock, and blushes scarlet when the Captain gives him a smile. He stands by waiting for further instructions and feels content that he aboard one of the finest ships of the fleet.

TAG: Anybody on the Bridge

OCC: Sorry I been gone on a long LOA- I back and ready to Sim :D
And in despair I bowed my head
“There is no peace on earth,” I said,
“For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.”

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

LongFellow

duckmedic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sun May 20, 2007 8:46 am

Ebak sison lay in his bed, he was unsure what to do, he had to get the issue off his chest. He looked at the Chess board set up with pieces just abit away from the bed, he sat up and moved a piece, his black knight took the white rook from its position, also exposing the white for an attack, but...as the computer alwas does, it simply moves the King to a square next to it. "Damn" he said out loud as he knew that he couldn't move it to take the king without being taken himself....he left the game and stood up. He decided to go see the captain, being a betazoid, she probably would have advice to him.

He walked onto the bridge and nodded to a few people as he walked over to the captains ready room, he pressed the button by the door, the pannel emitting a beep from either side of the door.

Captain Ja’arda had just finished talking to Crystal and T’oQ, and inwardly smiled. She was glad that the two of them were forming a relationship on board the Zealous, as sometimes it was important when they were going from mission to mission, and didn’t always have time to return to a person’s homeworld. Friendships and relationships could be very powerful forces . . .

A chime sounded within her Ready Room, indicating that she had a visitor at the door. She looked up and called out, “Enter.”

Sison took a deep breath and let it out. He pressed the door pannel again and the door opend, he walked calmly in "Captain..." he addressed her.

“Ebak! Please, come in and have a seat,” Azanialix warmly greeted him. “What’s on your mind?”

"Thank you captain" he smiled a little and let Crystal and T'oQ pass before taking a seat. "Captain...I recieved a message from Starfleet this morning". He started, not sure how to word what he was going to say.

The Betazoid looked at him curiously, wondering what the message was about. Although she had the ability to go into the mind of just about anyone on the ship, she chose not to pry most of the time, as everyone deserved their privacy.

“What was the message about?” she asked.

"My parents...around 48 hours ago...they were found dead..." he struggled to say it, he was a very emotional person and grew attatchments pretty easily. He looked down at the desk.

Zania was stunned by that news. She got up from her seat, made her way around her desk and urged Ebak to get up as well, and join her on her couch. She put an arm around him as a sign of comfort. “Ebak, I’m sorry,” she told him solemnly and with heartfelt emotion.

“Did Starfleet give any details on what happened?” she inquired, wondering if there was some way that the Zealous crew could assist with this once they were done here at Baku.

He got up and walked with her to the couch. "Yes...they were both delibaretly killed, murdered...all they know is that they were killed by a disruptor bolt...they are investigating, but doubt they will find anything. They took everything my parents owned, even my fathers medal that he won in his starfleet days."

“Is there any news on where it happened? I’m sure there’s got to be some clues, or even suspects. Did your family ever cross paths with someone who disliked them very strongly, to the point where they wanted to see them dead?”

Captain Ja’arda hated asking these questions, as she was certain that they were extremely hard on Ebak, but it was necessary if they were going to learn any information that might help bring the murderers to justice.

"It happend in the home, meaning it was someone that knew where they lived...my guess is that they robbed the place as a cover up, I could be wrong...but there was this one Klingon....H'kla I think he called himself...never got on with my father...or my mother, thought they were a discrace to the univese....but that doesn't mean he done it, and if it was him, he'd boasting about it knowing him...but it proves nothing really I don't evem know where he is, all I know is that he had a place on earth once, got rid of it and got a ship, a K'vort class if I remember my Klingon ships correctly. The IKS Tar'be I think. But that years ago...he may not even have it anymore....but I wouldn't be suprised if it was him...” he said in an angry tone, his blood raging

“Well, it may not be much to go on, but it’s a start. I’m actually kind of surprised, though, since the Klingons are our allies. Most that had blood feuds with those in the Federation gave them up once the Khitomer Accords were signed,” Azanialix pointed out, mystified as to why a Klingon would have had such a hatred toward Ebak’s family.

“Do you know what Klingon house H’kla belongs to? Or if there might be someone else that had a grudge of some type? The more that we can relay to the investigators now, the greater their chances of being able to find something that might help.”

"No...I never inquired much about H'kla....I never even wanted to know him, no one else I know of holds a grudge...he's the first person that comes to mind, H'kla also despised the way we lived really, could never see why....he's the one and only person that ever hated my dad....if there is anyone else...I don't know of them.”

Captain Ja’arda nodded, and grabbed a PADD, making notations of what was discussed. She planned on sending it to the investigators as soon as she was done with her conversation with Ebak. And, if the investigators couldn’t come up with anything, she planned on having the crew of the Zealous look into this personally, even if it meant defying orders from Starfleet Command . . .

“Ebak, is there anything I can do to help?” she asked gently.

"No...I'll be fine captain, all I ask for is to return to duty." he looked up at her.

“I have no objections to you continuing to carry out your duties on the Zealous. All I ask, though, is that if you learn anything else about this, please keep me informed. We’re all like one big family here, and we all help each other . . . and we do want to help you during this difficult time,” the Betazoid expressed.

He smiled, like a large weight was lifted from his sholders "Thank you captain, thats all I have to report"

OOC: This was a joint post between

Ensign Ebak Sison

and

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby H M Murdock » Mon May 21, 2007 7:59 am

The Texan helm officer nodded when Yunisca agreed that they should go to see the Captain now, with the intent to inform her of the meld they would undertake, but also to mention that their relationshp had progressed to another level.

He listened as Yunisca rationalized how, perhaps, her own powers had surged, and speculated that it might be related to the love that she could have for him. She was being very cautious, not wanting to do anything that would endanger him any further, but still wanting to help as well. That touched him, and deeply.

Murdock watched as Yunisca stood and walked over to him, reaching down with her hand. He took it within his own hand, and gave her a very warm, gentle, and supportive smile. "This is why I love you so much," he mused as he stood, still holding her hand.

He led her to the doorway, and then out into the corridor so they could make their way to the bridge and inform the Captain. As they walked, he recalled something she had said within her office. "I probably would be interested in trying that emotional cleansing program sometime. It seems like it could be helpful with re-finding my focus, and not allowing some of the problems that have plagued me in the past to dominate," he suggested. "Could you elaborate as to the risks the program contains?"

As they entered onto the turbolift, he gave Yunisca another gentle smile as he waited for her answer on the program she had set up on the holodeck.

Lt Cmdr. Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Yunisca » Mon May 21, 2007 10:38 am

[ He led her to the doorway, and then out into the corridor so they could make their way to the bridge and inform the Captain. As they walked, he recalled something she had said within her office. "I probably would be interested in trying that emotional cleansing program sometime. It seems like it could be helpful with re-finding my focus, and not allowing some of the problems that have plagued me in the past to dominate," he suggested. "Could you elaborate as to the risks the program contains?"
As they entered onto the turbolift, he gave Yunisca another gentle smile as he waited for her answer on the program she had set up on the holodeck]

Yunisca waited till they had entered the turbolift before turning to face Murdock and to try and explain the program. Carefully consedering how to explain the program, she started by saying, " The program is one my father made, he designed it to fully drain me emotionally, and then to allow me to refocus my mind towards the end of it. " She continued on by saying " The first part is designed to drain the rage and anger that tends to be my worst issues. If you know much about Klingons you know that if thiers no true risk for them, its not worth it. My father designed it to use real weapons, so yes a cut in there can be fatel, and all the fighting was designed to reenforce my klingon styles as well. Its not an easy battle and its defintaly draining and dangerous." Slowly she thought about how to prhase the rest of the program, before stating " During the middle of it, at least one of the program people dies, that part is designed to drain away the emotional saddenss and to help feed the rage and make the battling more intense. Upon winning the battle though theres a major Klingon party to release the thrill and happyness. From there it leads into a calming setting wich was designed for my Vulcan meditaion, its in a medow with a flowing water fall. Its rather peaceful, and after all the ordeals of the first halfs, its definatly needed. " Yunisca carefully looked at Murdock, "I'm willing to take you through it at least once with me, but I'd have to ask that you never go through it alone, I don't think I could handle if any thing ever happened to you in there." Suddendly realizing what she had let slip, she carefully cleared her face of all emotions before stating "Besides logically if any thing bad were to happen to you while in there, then I would be responsiable." Yunisca gentally leaned on Murdock at she waited for his reactions to the program and for the turbolift to reach thier destination.

Lt.1st.class Yunisca, Head Counsilor
Counsling
Uss Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu May 24, 2007 7:30 am

Captain Ja'arda sat within her ready room, still looking over all of the data she had been given in regards to the situation on Baku since the apparent destruction of the worms and the science station. Things looked to be pretty grim, and the one theory that had been developed almost appeared as if it was starting to become a reality.

Reaching over to her desk, she pressed a button in front of her and then announced, "Attention all hands. We are going to undertake an away mission to Baku. This will be very difficult one, as we have to be the bearer of bad news on multiple levels. Those who are interested in participating in the away mission, please gather in Transporter Room 1. I will meet you there as soon as I can."

Before she could stand up to exit her Ready Room, the sound of the door chime stopped her, indicating that she had another visitor who wanted to talk to her. That was one of the challenges with being a Commanding Officer . . . trying to divide their available time to everyone who wanted to talk to them, yet still getting the job done. But, she did immensely enjoy talking to her crew, and inwardly wished that they had more opportunities just for everyone to relax and talk, rather than going on mission after mission all the time.

"Come in," she called out to her visitors.

She watched as the doors opened, and both Murdock and Yunisca entered the Ready Room. Azanialix smiled at both of them as she graciously welcomed them, "Please, come in and have a seat! How can I help you two?"

Tag: Murdock, Yunisca, and everyone who wants to go on the away mission to Baku

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby H M Murdock » Sat May 26, 2007 7:53 am

Murdock listened as Yunsica explained the holodeck program that her father had created. It sounded as if it was going to be a serious challenge, and he could understand why she didn't want him to use it when she wasn't with him. It almost seemed as if, too, the holodeck safety protocols might be deactivated if it meant that battles within the program could be fatal.

"I understand, and I can assure you that I will not try to use the program if you are not with me," he had noted.

He heard what she had also said about how she thought she wouldn't be able to handle it if anything ever happened to him while he was in there. He was deeply touched by her sentiment, and put an arm around her to try and provide some comfort as she leaned against him.

"Now that you've told me about it, I know that every time you will use that program, I will always worry about you. I know you are more than capable of handling it, as you've used it before, but I'll still worry because of how much I love you. I'd hate to see you get hurt, or worse, while using it," the Texan mentioned to her softly and gently.

The turbolift finally arrived on the bridge, and the two of them exited the car and headed toward the ready room, where the Captain was located. He reached over and pressed the door chime, and then heard the Captain's voice, asking them to come in.

As they entered, she greeted them warmly, and then asked what she could do to help them. "Captain, I know you're about to lead an away team down to Baku, but Yunisca and I have a personal request," he began, looking to Yunsica with the intent that she would explain the situation and the request itself. He would chime in as needed, but he trusted that the counselor would detail everything that had been discussed, and what they wanted to attempt to do.

Tag: Yunsica, Captain

Lt Cmdr. Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Yunisca » Sat May 26, 2007 8:42 am

[As they entered, she greeted them warmly, and then asked what she could do to help them. "Captain, I know you're about to lead an away team down to Baku, but Yunisca and I have a personal request," he began, looking to Yunsica with the intent that she would explain the situation and the request itself. He would chime in as needed, but he trusted that the counselor would detail everything that had been discussed, and what they wanted to attempt to do.]

Yunisca had been pleased when Murdock had agreed not to use the program with out her there, and touched when he said he loved her and would worry about her, but she pushed all emotions down as they entered the Captains room. Noticing Murdocks look, she carefully began to explain to the Captain what had happened, and the solution they hoped would work, " Captain. I'm afraid that in order for me to explain our request, I'll have to fill you in on everything. It all began back when we got her and the first worm breached the ship. I had been in the Holodeck and had got a flash of Murdock being unconscious. When I went to check on it, I inadvertently formed a minor meld to try and keep him alive. I didn't intend to do it and wasn't sure it had even happened till after he regained conscious and I noticed a few changes not only in him but in me. Unfortunately with everything thats been going on, I've just now had the chance to explain it all to him. " Yunisca carefully glanced at both Murdock and the Captain before Carefully phrasing her next part. "The only reason I can figure that theres been a surge in my powers is cause I've fallen in love with him, however the only thing we've came up with that might revert this, would be to form another meld." Yunisca took a deep breath before quickly continuing on, " I've explained to Murdock that with another meld we might be linked permanently emotionally, and were in agreement that neither of us would mind that. However another meld would be risky and could come with other problems that neither of us know about. I've never formed a meld until now, and being a half breed, comes with its own problems. However this is also the only solution that I can think of that might revert this, " Yunisca quickly took a deep breath and let it out slowly after she had finished. Glancing at the Captain, as she waited for her reply, she Unconsciously slipped her arm around Murdocks waist, resting her hand in the one on his opposite side. Then she slowly glanced at him to see if he had anything else to add.

Tag: Murdock, Captain

Lt.1st.Class Yunisca, Head Counsilor
Counsling
USS Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby H M Murdock » Thu May 31, 2007 8:20 am

The Texan helm officer felt Yunisca put her arm around him and looked in her direction, giving her a gentle smile. He brought his right arm over and gently placed it around her shoulders.

Glancing up to the Captain, he decided to add, "Yunisca and I have talked about this extensively. We wouldn't even be coming to you now, about this, unless we had talked first. There are risks, but we are both willing to take them . . . and no matter what the outcome is of the mind meld attempt, we believe that we can overcome any difficulties that arise, together."

He again looked at Yunisca and smiled before returning his attention back to the Captain. "Sir, I heard your summons for those to attend the away mission to Baku. Instead, what we'd like is permission to remain behind, and to use Yunisca's holodeck program so we can attempt the mind meld."

He watched as the Captain nodded and then replied, "Permission granted, but have the EMH present and monitor both of you."

Murdock gave the Betazoid a slight nod. "Thank you, Captain," he told her, and then looked to Yunisca as he stood up, holding out a hand for her to take. "If we're going to try this, let's do this now."

Tag: Captain, Yunisca

Lt Cmdr. Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Yunisca » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:17 am

[ He again looked at Yunisca and smiled before returning his attention back to the Captain. "Sir, I heard your summons for those to attend the away mission to Baku. Instead, what we'd like is permission to remain behind, and to use Yunisca's holodeck program so we can attempt the mind meld."
He watched as the Captain nodded and then replied, "Permission granted, but have the EMH present and monitor both of you."
Murdock gave the Betazoid a slight nod. "Thank you, Captain," he told her, and then looked to Yunisca as he stood up, holding out a hand for her to take. "If we're going to try this, let's do this now."]

Yunisca glanced at the Captain when she granted her permission, but included that they had to have an EMH present. It was logical and so Yunisca nodded her head in way of agreement to the Captain. She was still wasn't sure how safe this was nor exactly how safe she could keep an EMH during the program, let alone Murdock, but this was the course they had decided to take. Noticing as Murdock held out his hand, Yunisca took it and stood before turning to face the Captain once again. "Thank you, Captain, I'll inform you of the results as soon as we know anything." Then she gentely looked into Murdock's eyes before speaking again, " I guess the first step we should take then is finding an EMH to join us in this endever. " Gently sliding into Murdock's arm, she stated " Lead on, I leave that part in your capable hands. " Quickly giving him a gental smile, before wipping all emotions from her face, she lets her mind start to ponder how she can keep every one safe, trusting that Murdock lead her safely as they head to find a EMH.

Tag: Captain, Murdock

Lt.1st.CL.Yunisca, Head Counsilor
Counsling
Uss Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby Zania Jaarda » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:46 pm

The meeting with Murdock and Yunsica seemed to go well, and she was pleased that they seemed willing to accept having the EMH monitor the two of them during the procedure. She enjoyed the fact that the two of them had started entering into a relationship, and were beginning to realize the feelings that they held for each other.

She stood up and made her way to the door of her Ready Room, which slid open . . . only to reveal Ti'ana Sullivan!

It seemed as if her Executive Officer may have recovered from her ordeal with the contact with the space worms, and was now out of sickbay. From the expression on her face, it seemed as if a serious discussion was on the horizon.

"Ti'ana, I'm glad to see you! Please, come in!" she told her cordially, with a gentle smile.

Tag: Ti'ana

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Zania Jaarda » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:29 pm

Ti'ana was about to ring the chime again when the door slid open and the Captain looked surprised to see her. "Can I have a word?"

Captain Ja’arda nodded, and then stepped aside and gestured into the Ready Room. “Of course,” she said with a gracious smile. She made her way over to the couch area and waited for her executive officer to sit down before she would do so. “Please, come in and have a seat.”

Ti'ana sat. "This away mission, you're planning on going?" she asked without preamble.

She smiled with how the Vulcan had cut to the chase, not one for mincing words. She nodded, and then replied, “Yes, I am. I have to . . .”

"Have to? Why's that?" she asked.

“Ti’ana, one thing to keep in mind is that a Captain is responsible for the actions of their crew. The crew of the Zealous killed a species that the Baku relied upon, so it is my responsibility to go the Baku and inform them of what happened. The blame rests on my shoulders, and should not rest on the other members of the crew,” she explained, hoping that Ti’ana might understand.

"Captain, YOU didn't kill that thing, WE did. And anyway, I don't want you down there. What if there is another of those things down there we don't know about? It could be dangerous”

“And, I would be equally against you going down there was well, after what you had just been through,” Azanialix crossed her arms in front of her, a clear sign that she wasn’t going to allow her XO to beam down to the planet either if she wasn’t going to go.

Ti'ana narrowed her green eyes. She could tell by the look on her captain's face that she wasn't going to win this one. "Fine. But I want you to wear a subcutanious transponder so we can monitor your life signs and a transporter tag, just in case. I mean it. I - we, can't risk losing you down there."

Captain Ja’arda nodded. “I have no problem with wearing such a transponder, but as long as you do as well. If I’m going down there, then you have every right to go as well. I don’t want to prevent you from going, but you’ve been through a lot with the worms so you might be able to provide a unique perspective when we talk to the Baku.”

Ti'ana pondered this a minute. "Ok, deal." she said.

“Now that’s settled, how are you feeling anyways? Have you fully recovered from your ordeal?” the Betazoid wondered.

Ti'ana smiled wanly. "I'm exhausted, but other than that, no lasting damage. It could have been a lot worse. If I hadn't been half Vulcan..." her voice trailed off.

“I heard that the experience was . . . unique. Can you go into detail as to what had transpired when you were in contact with the space worms?” Zania wondered, wanting to find out more. She was beginning to wonder something about that species, and perhaps Ti’ana’s answer could lend to that theory.

Ti'ana closed her vivid green eyes, as if remembering. "It was full of anger, and hate. It hurt to come into contact with it." she murmured. She opened her eyes. "I don't understand how the Ba'ku could have had anything to do with those things. They were malevolent to the core Captain. All I sensed was a burning desire to kill everything in its path.”

Zania nodded, drawing in a deep breath. They had learned that the worms had been a messenger for the Baku, traveling between the different colonies on other planets to help the Baku keep in touch with their brethren. That meant that, at one time, the worms had to have been benevolent and not aggressive as they were during this encounter.

“I don’t think it’s more of an error of choice among the Baku. The worms had to have been peaceful at some point, co-existing with the Baku while serving their needs by relaying messages to the other worlds. I’m beginning to suspect that something happened . . .” she mused, even wondering just how much the presence of the science station had on the change of the worm’s attitude.

"Well I don't know what it was, but that thing almost killed Scott and I, and succeeded in killing and hurting others. I think its better that they're gone."

In a way, Azanialix was surprised by Ti’ana’s response. She knew that the Vulcan had a logical mind . . . but still, to not have some regret over the destruction of what seemed to be the last of a species? That was very concerning, especially since one of the very foundations that Starfleet and the Federation was based upon was the preservation of life, not the destruction of it when it can be avoided.

“What if what the worm was doing was something not of it’s own accord, and the wormlings somehow were born with that same . . . disability?” Zania suggested, unable to find a better word to phrase what the offspring had inherited through the genetics from the parent.

"That's a different scenario. If they were being coorced by some unknown power, then our problem is much larger than spaceworms, and they are innocent victims. "

In a way, that was exactly what she had wanted to hear. That meant that, if it could be proven that the worms had been affected by something or someone, and started to act as it did as a result, then there was a chance of redeeming them within the Vulcan’s eyes.

Drawing in a breath, Captain Ja’arda inquired, “What are your thoughts on our guest from the science station? He’s been animate against the worms since we first encountered him. Do we even know what kind of experiments that he had been working on while on board the station?”

She raised an eyebrow. "You know, I have no idea. That's a task we can assign the science staff, to find out what he was working on. Maybe it introduced something into the environment of these worms that shouldn't have been there."

“That’s’ what I’m thinking, as if the worms had been helpful to the Baku, there had to be some way to explain why they suddenly become so aggressive,” the dark-haired officer noted. “It might be good to make sure that at least one science officer comes with us, so they can conduct some scans of the lair where the worms were known to reside in order to confirm those findings.”

Ti'ana nodded. "Good idea. I want a security detail as well." she said.

After how Ti’ana had been before, when she had first learned that the Captain had wanted to go down to Baku, she figured that it was probably a good idea not to deny this one . . . even though Starfleet and the Federations were on good terms with the Baku and trying to be as non-invasive as possible. “Consider it done,” she nodded in agreement.

Ti'ana smiled. "Good." she said simply, glad that the captain had agreed. "When do you want to leave?"

“I think we need to beam down there as soon as possible. The sooner that we can put all of this behind us, the better,” Zania said somewhat grimly, hating to look at it that way.

"Agreed." said Ti'ana. She stood. "I'll have a security detail meet us in the transporter room. Who from science would you like to accompany us?"

“I think Commander Robinson would be best, since she spent considerable time studying the worms. If she’s unavailable, then just about anyone from Science could work, as they could keep in contact with her and relay information,” Azanialix suggested.

Ti'ana nodded. "In that case I'll grab a security team and meet you in the transporter room

Zania nodded, and then stood from the couch. She gave a smile to the Commander, and then noted, “I’ll meet you there, and I’ll make sure that the devices that you requested are brought with as well.”

Ti'ana returned the smile and exited the room, collecting a security team along the way and ordering Robinson to the transporter room for away duty.

Tag: Anyone!

OOC: This was a joint post between:

Lt Commander Ti'ana Sullivan
XO, USS Zealous

and

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby Robinson » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:50 pm

OOC: Sorry everyone for my lack of posting. I'd blame it on the pregnancy hormones but it's more like i've just been tired with my toddler not being very well this week too. But everything is relatively calm again so i'm ready to get moving again.

When Ti'ana came up to the Bridge Joy was slightly releived to relinquish the command chair to her.

The Captain was talking with Murdock and Yunisca in her ready room.

There was a quiet, contemplative air about the bridge. Joy was no telepath or empath for that matter but it was clear that everyone was still coming to terms with what had happened with the worm, the wormlings and what the future held for the Baku.

Joy breathed a sigh of relief as their results indicated that there appeared to be no permanent damage to the regenerative properties of the rings surrounding the B'aku planet. There was just one minor point that she was concerned about. There were many different particles that made up the planets rings but one of the minor elements seemed to look out of place. Joy accessed the scan records from when they first arrived in the briar patch. The anomoly was still there.

Joy pondered this wondering if it was not an anomoly at all but something naturally occouring in the complex swirls of particles around the planet. Maybe she was just tired or more distracted then she thought.

But something was just not right. Taking a deep breath Joy accessed the computer and was looking for the routine scans of the rings from the science station logs they had retrieved from the station before it's destruction. This was not going to be an easy task the scans were protected by a level one security code. Now that was strange. These should have been routine scans nothing confidential or classified about them.

Just then Ti'ana came up behind her telling her that she was needed for the away mission to the Ba'ku planet.

"Commander" Joy said "Take a look at this first will you" she said and as Ti'ana looked at the screen Joy explained.

"I had been investigating whether the destruction of the worms had had an affect on the regenerative properties of the rings. It appears that these qualities are still in abundance but I was curious about an unusual reading in one of the particles within the rings. At first I thought nothing of it as it was the same as the readings taken when we first arrived in the Briar Patch but when I went to compare it with the readings from the science station . . . well it appears I can't" she said indicating the security protected file.

Tag Ti'ana
"worry is interest on a debt you may never owe" from a fortune cookie

Lt Cmndr Joy Robinson
Chief Science Officer
USS Zealous
Robinson
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby H M Murdock » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:36 am

Murdock gave a gentle smile to Yunisca as he felt her take his hand, and then lean into him a bit. The Captain was very understanding of the situation and was willing to allow them to try for it, in spite of the risk, but also made a very logical request of her own as well.

"There's actually holo-emitters all over the ship, so the EMH can appear wherever we desire, even on the holodeck. Shall we?" he asked, standing up and starting to head out of the ready room.

He couldn't help but to notice the gentle smile that she had given him as well, even though it was a brief one before her face became stoic again. It was little things like that . . . small hints of emotion, which helped to endear herself toward him. She was just so special to him, beyond words could ever express.

They both headed for the turbolift, and got into it. After the doors shut, Murdock called out, "Holodeck 3." The lights of the car began to move, a clear indication that they were being whisked away to their destination.

"Once we're on the holodeck with the program running and the EMH present, is there anything I need to know to prepare for the mind meld?" he inquired, finding the thought of doing this rather fascinating.

Lt Cmdr. Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Yunisca » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:10 pm

[ They both headed for the turbolift, and got into it. After the doors shut, Murdock called out, "Holodeck 3." The lights of the car began to move, a clear indication that they were being whisked away to their destination.
"Once we're on the holodeck with the program running and the EMH present, is there anything I need to know to prepare for the mind meld?" he inquired, finding the thought of doing this rather fascinating.]

Yunisca thought carefully about what Murdock was asking before slowly answering, "Well if we run it through my program there will be a few things to deal with before we can get to the meld. Once were towards the end of the program though, it would help if you're relaxed and if you open up your mind. Also if thiers a perticular spot or thing you wich to focus on it should help. " Yunisca carefully consedered what else to say, then as another thought enter her head she decided to bring it up to, "Also if thiers any thing at all that you would rather I not know it would be best if you keep from thinking on it at all." " If you think of something while we are melded the most likely thing to happen is that it'll pull us both into that thought, be it that place or that time, and you'll fine the surrounding will match to the thoughts. " Yunisca pondered over how better to explain it, then slowly smiled as she continued, " think of it as a virtual reality, what ever either of us is thinking is what we'll see, however if you think of something violent, there is always the chance that it could cause physical harm, do to the fact that the meld is not only of minds but also of the emotions. " Yunisca relized she was still slightly smilling then quickly cleared emotions from showing before speaking again, " If thiers any questions you left it might be best to ask them before we start the program."

Lt.1st.Cl. Yunisca, Head Counsilor
Counsling
Uss Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby Zania Jaarda » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:25 am

With all of those other meetings now out of the way, Captain Azanialix Ja'arda made her way to the Transporter Room to join the others. She made a quick stop along the way to pick up the items that Ti'ana had insisted that they wear, just in case something were to happen, but that didn't take too long.

As the doors to the Transporter Room opened, she could see that there were a few other officers already present. Ti'ana hadn't arrived yet, nor had Joy Robinson, who she considered one of the resident experts on the worms. Their presence, as well as that of others, would be necessary. She just felt that it would have been appropriate for the members of her crew to show the Baku their respects over what had taken place . . .

"Good day, gentlemen," Zania said to those who were present. "We're going to beam down as soon as the others join us. Are you ready for this away mission to the planet?"

Tag: Anyone in the transporter room, or who wants to join us on the away mission to Baku

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby H M Murdock » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:44 am

The helm officer listened intently as Yunsica detailed about how he needed to keep an open mind, and needed to try and focus on something, but also how if he thought about something that it would draw both of them into that thought. At this stage, there wasn't anything that he didn't want Yunsica to know. If they were really serious about their relationship, she had a right to know everything . . . so if she managed to gain that knowledge through the meld, so be it.

He nodded, noticing her smile for a moment, which she also quickly cleared from her face. "I don't have any questions," Murdock mentioned as they exited the turbolift and made their way toward the holodeck doors.

He stopped just outside of it, thinking it best for Yunisca to load the program first before they walked in. As he waited for her to do so, he called out, "Computer, activate EMH at this location."

A moment later, a very slender female hologram wearing a blue uniform shimmered into existance. She looked around and asked in a gentle tone, "What is the nature of the medical emergency?"

"None, at the moment, Jennifer. Captain Ja'arda has requested that you monitor the lifesigns of Yunisca and myself as we perform a mind meld which could be considered as a bit risky," he explained.

"Very well," the hologram replied almost cheerfully.

The lanky Texan turned back to Yunisca and drew in a breath. "Okay, let's proceed."

Lt Cmdr. Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

Postby Yunisca » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:26 pm

[ He stopped just outside of it, thinking it best for Yunisca to load the program first before they walked in. As he waited for her to do so, he called out, "Computer, activate EMH at this location."
A moment later, a very slender female hologram wearing a blue uniform shimmered into existance. She looked around and asked in a gentle tone, "What is the nature of the medical emergency?"
"None, at the moment, Jennifer. Captain Ja'arda has requested that you monitor the lifesigns of Yunisca and myself as we perform a mind meld which could be considered as a bit risky," he explained.
The lanky Texan turned back to Yunisca and drew in a breath. "Okay, let's proceed."]

Yunisca lookd Murdock a minute before turning to the ems before stating "you'll need to monitor through the whole program, the first parts can be a bit touchy, but do not interfear unless its a matter of life and death. When it comes to the meld I'm sure you should have the programmed knowlage of what are acceptable limits and how to intervine when nessaccerry , You are to follow them."

Having made her opinion to the ems clear Yunisca carefully pushed the buttons on the command board to access her program and put in her password. Then she carefully turned to Murdock and letting out a slow breath she stated "I hope you are ready for this, the weapons are real, becareful. I'll do the best i can to protect you but I don't like that I can't garruntee your safty." Quickly leaning forward, Yunisca gave Murdock a feather light kiss on the cheek before saying "I'll go in first, come in right behind me and be ready for anything." Then just as quickly Yunisca stepped through the door and started scanning the area while she waited for Murdock to enter.

Tag:Murdock

Counsling
Uss Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby Yunisca » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:26 pm

[ He stopped just outside of it, thinking it best for Yunisca to load the program first before they walked in. As he waited for her to do so, he called out, "Computer, activate EMH at this location."
The lanky Texan turned back to Yunisca and drew in a breath. "Okay, let's proceed."]

Yunisca lookd Murdock a minute before turning to the ems before stating "you'll need to monitor through the whole program, the first parts can be a bit touchy, but do not interfear unless its a matter of life and death. When it comes to the meld I'm sure you should have the programmed knowlage of what are acceptable limits and how to intervine when nessaccerry , You are to follow them."

Having made her opinion to the ems clear Yunisca carefully pushed the buttons on the command board to access her program and put in her password. Then she carefully turned to Murdock and letting out a slow breath she stated "I hope you are ready for this, the weapons are real, becareful. I'll do the best i can to protect you but I don't like that I can't garruntee your safty." Quickly leaning forward, Yunisca gave Murdock a feather light kiss on the cheek before saying "I'll go in first, come in right behind me and be ready for anything." Then just as quickly Yunisca stepped through the door and started scanning the area while she waited for Murdock to enter.

Tag:Murdock

Counsling
Uss Zealous
Yunisca
Lieutenant junior grade
Lieutenant junior grade

Postby Zania Jaarda » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:21 am

Captain Azanialix Ja'arda observed that a few more members of her crew joined them in the transporter room, including Joy Robinson and Ti'ana Sullivan. She took the device that Ti'ana had wanted them to wear, and gave one to her, and then strapped on one to her upper right arm.

"Okay, everyone, up on the transporter pad. It's time we get moving," she told them, her voice somewhat solemn due to the weight of the burden on her shoulders.

Her dark eyes looked around, and she waited for everyone to get on the pad before nodding to the transporter chief. "Energize."

A light blue shimmering light enveloped her and the others in the transporter room, as they disappeared from the ship. Their molecules coalesced and became whole again on the planet's surface as the shimmering light faded.

The countryside was absolutely beautiful, and reminded her a lot of Betazed in many ways. But, now wasn't the time to recollect about her homeworld, or the beauties of this planet. They had a duty to fulfill, and a serious one at that.

"Scan for the largest Baku settlement. That's where we'll need to go in order to contact the leaders. The Baku do not rely on technology, so we'll have to scan for the largest assembly of life forms," she instructed, waiting for the results before they set off in that direction.

Even the look on Zania's face indicated just how close she was to the verge of depression over this situation. She was glad that the others were there to help provide support during this difficult away mission. In some ways, she doubted that she would have been able to do it alone without spiraling into the pit of despair. Indeed, she was very thankful for each and every single member of her crew . . .

CO, USS Zealous
Manheim Fleet
Zania Jaarda
Speaker
Speaker

Postby H M Murdock » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:32 pm

"As you wish. Please proceed," the holographic female medical officer stated.

Murdock nodded to the EMH, thankful that the personality was different from the first one that had come with the ship, and a lot more pleasant and willing to go along with what the crew wanted or needed. He then turned back to Yunsica and listened to her further instructions.

Then, he felt her give him a quick kiss on the cheek. He hadn't expected that, but it felt . . . wonderful beyond words. He brought his hand up and gently touched the area where she had kissed him, and a smile appeared upon his face. He really was falling in love with Yunisca, and he was starting to realize the full extent of those feelings that he had toward her.

But, at this moment, this was a time to focus. They had to try and perform this mind meld . . . for both himself, and for her. He didn't want to have her burdened any longer than she had to with the mental insanity that he had kept bottled up for so many years. That wasn't fair to her at all . . .

"I understand, and I am ready," Murdock told her gently, closing his eyes for a moment as he mentally tried to stell himself . . . to prepare for what was to come once they entered into the holodeck. He wasn't sure if weapons were going to be needed, but he was sure that Yunsica would tell him if that was the case.

The helm officer watched as she went into the holodeck, and then cautiously followed her inside . . .

Tag: Yunisca (Feel free to control Murdock as needed to move things along)

Lt Cmdr. Murdock
Helm
USS Zealous
H M Murdock
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Logs